Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,860 members, 7,821,004 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 06:39 AM

Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk - Health (1149) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk (8157689 Views)

Birth Defects: Are You Pregnant Or Planning To? What You Need To Know! (pics) / Can I Still Get Pregnant Or Do I Remove The Fibroid / Revealed: The Secret Fertility System That Cures Infertility & Get You Pregnant (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1146) (1147) (1148) (1149) (1150) (1151) (1152) ... (6956) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by sayoddy(f): 2:28pm On Feb 04, 2016
NoQualms1 Congrats. With style, you become mum twins on your own. Pls the elder one is still a baby o, take care of both for me. Don't mind side talk, na dem go talk if person no born so just give glory to God that you're fertile. Go for family planning asap as oga fit score well well

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by maran1983(f): 2:37pm On Feb 04, 2016
Lioha and Rukemi291, don't mind me, i wonder what i was thinking.

Rukemi, Dee has turned to a mini terror to me and her elder sister.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by mitchyy(f): 3:04pm On Feb 04, 2016
rezzy:

Pele ooo

That was how 2 Thursdays ago, I almost past out in my proprietress office. She called me and I stood for almost 30 minutes. I noticed I was getting tired, but I didn't say anything. Then, breathing became a problem, my eyes began to close so I placed my hands on her table, for where, I quickly asked her with a faint voice, if I could sit.

She looked at me and shouted. She began to fan me oo. I was already soaked with sweat. For 10 minutes my breath was unstable.

Wow. I never knew the effect of standing for long was this bad. Won't let it happen again
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by senoreetah(f): 3:07pm On Feb 04, 2016
NoQualms1:
I hail everyone in the building o. Unto the Lord be the glory, great things He hath done. I gave birth to a cute BBG today around 3pm. Safe and swift delivery to all bumping mamas.
congrats

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by mitchyy(f): 3:09pm On Feb 04, 2016
BritneyStacy:

Babes sorry for your stress but please learn to sit when ever possible and do your chores oo. Even before I got preggies, I sit to wash oo even if I am washing 3pairs of clothes. Once, we went to hubby's village and I MIL and village people saw me sitting to wash clothes, they said their son married a town girl wey no sabi bend down do things. ...I just burst into one serious laughter and continued my thing....They were so o confused cos they expected me to try offering some explanation or get up to impress them, I no send! How much more now ....with this baby I needed so much? Abeg ooo....I can't deal. Learn to do some tricks now ooo

Lol. I've vowed not to wash anything anymore besides my lingerie. Where i did the scan today, the lady was so upset with me. If not for Konga that failed to deliver washing machine i ordered for during their yakata sales and i got upset and cancelled, would have said bye bye to manual laundry a long time ago. I'll try and re-order again. Until then, dh will just be helping me out. I don't care if people call me lazy again o
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by mitchyy(f): 3:11pm On Feb 04, 2016
cutienik:

thank God for dat,i prayed 4 u ovanyt nd d modas,it s well wt us all.

iyabetajos..i will go for my scan nxt wk,cnt wait o jst hop for a girl....pls try nd rest too.

Thanks a lot dear. I wanted to check gender today too but baby's big head was facing down and legs are crossed. We couldn't see anything. Will check again in two weeks.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Adelakun2016(m): 3:19pm On Feb 04, 2016
Omvial 4D USS Ibadan yemetu
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Adelakun2016(m): 3:21pm On Feb 04, 2016
Have you done a 4D baby color scan before?.......Omvial 4D USS Ibadan yemetu

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by babythug(f): 3:33pm On Feb 04, 2016
mompurity2:
Congratz Noqualms1. God is faithful.
My neighbour put to bed last night a BBG via CS, to the glory of God. Her first is 12mnths and 2weeks today and she had no help too. I have been d one assisting her b4 and evn nw.
I jst want to Give God all the glory for seeing her through.

Madam... sofri with that assistance oh! You also need to sit your butt somewhere and put feet up abeg. Do i need to ask for your hubby's no to enforce this? i'm not smiling here oh!

Congrats to the neighbour! grin

3 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by ambient: 3:57pm On Feb 04, 2016
mitchyy:

Thanks a lot dear. I wanted to check gender today too but baby's big head was facing down and legs are crossed. We couldn't see anything. Will check again in two weeks.
na so my own cross leg too.but to be serious pls be on bed rest i took the advice of mamas in the house and it worked for me so its your turn to sit down on that bed.tell your husband say if our association of pregenant women catch am ehhhh that thing wey happen for 1980 go happen again. cheesy grin grin.

9 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Evacroft: 4:08pm On Feb 04, 2016
mompurity2:
@Evacroft, why are u having a cerclage?

I had a miscarriage and a still birth,so doctor suggest I would get it once I get pregnant again and that day is near.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by lcoral(f): 4:09pm On Feb 04, 2016
Sabi mama I greet u all o and my teamie #teamfeb# how are we doing. Please ooo for mama that took Pineapple and pawpaw which type did u take. Was it "Very ripe, moderately ripe or unriped? I need replies plz.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by zaynie(f): 4:42pm On Feb 04, 2016
Congrats NoQualms.
What a wonderful BS.
May your child bring u nothing but joy and pride always. Amin

Mitchyy, abeg take it easy. Abeg.
Rest proper abeg. When u born resume super woman duties.

Pwettytemmy, I didnt see o! Please tell me what was it?
Ahnie repost now...plsssss embarassed

Lcoral...pineapple whether ripe or unripe will induce contractions.
Unripe/ barely ripe pawpaw induces contraction.

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by maureensylvia(f): 4:46pm On Feb 04, 2016
lcoral:
Sabi mama I greet u all o and my teamie #teamfeb# how are we doing. Please ooo for mama that took Pineapple and pawpaw which type did u take. Was it "Very ripe, moderately ripe or unriped? I need replies plz.

madam Icoral anwuna ngwo na nkwu n'abia shebi e no go pass this month naaa...meanwhile its ripe pineapple, frequent sex and stimulation of nipples. to induce Labour Abi?

much love and safe delivery from ur fellow teamie dat cares

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by maureensylvia(f): 4:49pm On Feb 04, 2016
vanilla90 teamie how far naa? U jus dey observe
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by maxiflexi(f): 4:57pm On Feb 04, 2016
Jennifer89:

abg how much do they charge for VB and CS for group christian medical
VB is about 50 - 100k, CS is about 200-300. These are 2014 prices. Not sure what they charge now.
(PS: my husband's HMO paid for my delivery. I just asked for prices when I registered just in case the HMO doesn't cover the amount.)
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by vanilla90(f): 5:08pm On Feb 04, 2016
maureensylvia:
vanilla90 teamie how far naa? U jus dey observe

Am fine oo, just observing things.
It shall end in praise.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by mitchyy(f): 5:14pm On Feb 04, 2016
Congrats NoQualms1. Your pregnancy really had no qualms grin
Thank God delivery was fast. That process of checking for dilation is the most scary part of labor i don't look forward to.
Please remember to join our #threadcuties when possible, let's see your beautiful baby smiley

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by ahnie: 5:15pm On Feb 04, 2016
I didnt post any stuff o!!!
zaynie:
Congrats NoQualms.
What a wonderful BS.
May your child bring u nothing but joy and pride always. Amin

Mitchyy, abeg take it easy. Abeg.
Rest proper abeg. When u born resume super woman duties.

Pwettytemmy, I didnt see o! Please tell me what was it?
Ahnie repost now...plsssss embarassed

Lcoral...pineapple whether ripe or unripe will induce contractions.
Unripe/ barely ripe pawpaw induces contraction.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by lcoral(f): 5:26pm On Feb 04, 2016
maureensylvia:

madam Icoral anwuna ngwo na nkwu n'abia shebi e no go pass this month naaa...meanwhile its ripe pineapple, frequent sex and stimulation of nipples. to induce Labour Abi?

much love and safe delivery from ur fellow teamie dat cares
@ zynie. Thanks for d reply
Class captain thanks jare. Was at d clinic today. My doctor said my lo is doing well but might get big to abt 4kg at or before 40weeks from d way he seeing it o as at today its 3.6kg. That's y am concerned. So I can start taking d fruits.
I appreciate any contribution or advise from d house on what to do.
God is in control
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by sweetlady4real(f): 5:27pm On Feb 04, 2016
@Britneystacy, I'm 13 weeks + 5 days gone today. I don't feel comfortable in some of my clothes too, I think its time to dig out my maternity wears. I 've not started antenatal, will do by the end of this month. The Lord is our strenght.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Nobody: 5:36pm On Feb 04, 2016
mitchyy, please stay in that hospital and be on bed rest for as long as is necessary.
I was on bed rest in hospital for over 5 months and today, it's like it never happened.
May God see you through.

3 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by BritneyStacy: 5:38pm On Feb 04, 2016
NoQualms1:
Thanks to all mamas for the good wishes. God bless you all.

My pregnancy was 39 weeks yesterday and I was supposed to go for ANC and then proceed to work, I was at work the day before because I had planned that I will work till I give birth so that I can have a enough time for my baby. Around 6a.m., I started feeling contractions. I just decided to watch it and complain to the doc later, only to discover it was like 10 minutes apart. I told my husband and he had to prepare my baby for creche and took her there and also bought the other baby things I've not bought. I was at home timing the contractions and by the time he came back, it was getting to 7 or 5 minutes apart so I took my bath and we went to the hospital.

On getting there, I was placed in a room, checked and told I was 5cm dilated. The pains kept coming at intervals, at times it will be regular while at other times it won't be. After about one hour, a nurse came to tell me she has to do enema for me. I asked what that is and she said they will pass an hose into my anus and flush it with warm water so that all the 'yamayama' will come out. OK o. She did that and I stooled enough watery stool.

Around 2:30pm or there about, my water broke. My husband was with me then, the contractions were stronger and closer that each time it came I screamed with all my strength. He called the nurse and she took me to the Labour room. That was where the real drama started.

She checked and said it was close, the doctor was called, he checked and said the same thing. All the while, I was in blinding pain, I could not even see anything, I was just hearing what they were saying. The doctor left and had to come back after few minutes when my noise kept increasing. Another nurse came and said she wanted to check how dilated I was, she checked. The first nurse said she wanted to check and tried. I just got angry, what with all the overchecking. I closed my legs sharply and told them that the checking is giving me unbearable back pains. They started complaining that I wasn't cooperating. Na them sabi ke.

All the while my husband was rubbing my back, I was holding him and screaming. He later told me I almost bit him, haba, I be dog? Suddenly, I just felt the urge to push so I shouted I want to push oooo, the doctor said wait don't push. I shouted again, I can't control it o. The next thing, I felt the head come out, then the shoulders and that was it. They were even running upandan because they didn't expect it, not even me. I didn't even push, the baby just came out herself. After about 5 minutes, the doc asked me to cough and the placenta came out. God knew I had spent all my energy shouting and made it very easy for me. I had a little tear which was sown in about 5 minutes. We got to the hospital around 11:30am and put to bed at 3:04pm, she weighed 3kg. I told God to make it fast and easy for me, He did it. He's a faithful God.

I bless God for seeing me through this pregnancy, I never planned for it. My first is just 14 months old and I almost gave up when I discovered I was pregnant again, I was angry with myself, my husband and everything. People used style to mock me, like 'no be yesterday she born one'? Some even said it to my face. I was even ashamed of my self. But after sometime, I accepted it and moved on, it was tough but God saw me through. Having a toddler and being pregnant without help was so not easy at all. I didn't even have a LMP because my period didn't resume as at when I took in again, my EDD was based on the first scan I did. I was hoping to give birth in January sef. To the glory of God, it all ended in praise.

Sorry for my loooong epistle.
I love your birth story abeg. Progressive and straight to the point labour. Congratulations. ...yyou are now a proud mother of two under 2years.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by firsttymum(f): 5:46pm On Feb 04, 2016
Thursday Yeepee

2 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by BritneyStacy: 5:59pm On Feb 04, 2016
Evacroft:
Iyabetajos,what is really causing the contractions? Is it the fact that u had a cerclage or just simply stress, because I plan to get it done and am so scared seeing all this after review of the cerclage.

Congrats Noqualms, may God bless your lo, what a lovely BS.

Team August how una dey,i pray we will all carry to term our lo's without complications ijmn, amen.
Teamie, me dey oo. I don't know how to get these month's to run faster oo. I need that August to be here soonest. Thank you for asking of us o.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by mompurity2: 6:05pm On Feb 04, 2016
babythug:

Madam... sofri with that assistance oh! You also need to sit your butt somewhere and put feet up abeg. Do i need to ask for your hubby's no to enforce this? i'm not smiling here oh!

Congrats to the neighbour! grin
Hahahahah. Eva since I got my BFP d assisting no dey like bfor again. Na to jst take K of her creeping baby oooo. It's jst today that I bathed, made food, fed her and still baby-sitting until hubby comes bk. I bin wan make soup tday bt cancelled it cos I no wan overload masef with wrk.
I knw wetin ova-sabi, Jackie don cost me bfor na cheesy
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by BritneyStacy: 6:09pm On Feb 04, 2016
sweetlady4real:
@Britneystacy, I'm 13 weeks + 5 days gone today. I don't feel comfortable in some of my clothes too, I think its time to dig out my maternity wears. I 've not started antenatal, will do by the end of this month. The Lord is our strenght.
Mehn, you don dey reach 16 weeks ooo. E b like your EDD na first week of August e b oo . Your own better you get maternity wears already. ...I dey find money to buy clothes oo
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Omojudy: 6:28pm On Feb 04, 2016
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by sayoddy(f): 6:30pm On Feb 04, 2016
lcoral:
I don't take pineapple 'cause I heard it causes early labour but I take very soft and ripe pawpaw. It helps to soften my stool
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by pocahuntaz(f): 6:31pm On Feb 04, 2016
@Lovinam Oranges nd Garden Eggs dem b mai enemy oooo...if I suck orange my throat go jst block nii till I throw up oooo same wit garden egg embarassed,I taya fr my case..

@Babythug i kuku dey drink water...

@Rukemi291, Dry apku shocked ke? Ko jo

@LegitDiva,i dey suck d agbalumo like say no 2mao,so Tey different peeps dey buy am cme fr me embarassed...buh as u don talk am nau I go reduce am..thnks

@mitchyy srry dear, u beta stop forming Superwoman nd sit ur fat/tiny ass fr one place...Ayo lo ma jasi
@iyabetajos srry fr d pain too dear make una try rest ooo..it wll end with praise....

@Maran1983, Iya agbalagba according 2 ur DOB tongue, I love ur DD wela,she b crook...

@Beedam happy belated betde 2 ur boy...oluwa Adasi fun wa..

@NoQualms1 congrats dear...U don open door fr us oooo nd u sha b calld AdeShina....god bless ur LO

#teamfebfrsharpsharpdelivery#

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by sugah: 6:47pm On Feb 04, 2016
NoQualms1 a hearty congratulations to you and your family.
Question pls. How close to your initial scan date did you deliver?

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by mompurity2: 7:05pm On Feb 04, 2016
@evacroft, so sorry dear. Pls do get it as adviced by ur Dr. We shall carry our pregnancies to term in Jesus name.

(1) (2) (3) ... (1146) (1147) (1148) (1149) (1150) (1151) (1152) ... (6956) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 5 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.