Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,602 members, 7,812,972 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 12:37 AM

Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk - Health (1165) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk (8132239 Views)

Birth Defects: Are You Pregnant Or Planning To? What You Need To Know! (pics) / Can I Still Get Pregnant Or Do I Remove The Fibroid / Revealed: The Secret Fertility System That Cures Infertility & Get You Pregnant (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1162) (1163) (1164) (1165) (1166) (1167) (1168) ... (6955) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Nobody: 9:46am On Feb 09, 2016
Good morning mamas GOOD MORNING MY BEAUTIFUL TEAM MAY MAMAS kiss kiss! ,A beautiful congratulations to all the January mamas that just offloaded kiss Tatacherie I saw your baby girl she is adorable kiss (them Don say make I stop to dey crave baby girl to avoid shock lipsrsealed) I just decided to go MIA like say na this thread give me Belle embarassed Its not been easy asswear angry the kindda heat that comes from underneath the boobs alone no be beans. Ahhh!!!!!

@Blessedmum a heart warming congratulations on your BFP kiss kiss Wishing you a smooth H&H 9months kiss kiss.
@Nkkystel congratulations kiss I tap into this baby weight o. Congratulations on your LO.

For somedays now, I have been really scared embarassed I have followed all the pregnancy forums I know of on Facebook both foreign and 9ja, when I read some birth stories enhh, Ahhh!!! To buy baby things sef, I get really scared at the mention of baby/hospital things angry.
At my last ANC, It was an old matron that gave the lecture, Chisos, this woman gave us child birthing gist in HD! cry, I developed goose pimples straight embarassed, my heart raced and I almost jumped outta my skin. But when a lady asked a question about her last birthing, episiotomy and how she wasn't numbed and almost fainted, I looked at how heavy she was already, and she even mentioned this to be her 3rd missionary journey,Olorun Oba o shocked. I just stood up to go and talk a cold malt cheesy. Na wa o undecided

OK, in other not to bore the house with my beans fever, I decided to incorporate plantain, slightly ripe or a little over ripped as the case may be. The older lady I buy from, stopped me yesterday and asked who I make the plantain meal for, I told her it's for the entire household and it's majorly for beans . she screamed and said I should stop plantain consumption ASAP as it causes 'Oka' (in yoruba), she related how her grandson troubled the mother with the said 'Oka' and how she came to their rescue with herbs, how the grandson grows lean by the day and crys all night until the herbs came to their rescue.She asked if I can handle all these as a first timer or rather avoid plantain completely embarassed abi iru ki leleyi sad. She even said the Oka would stare at your baby and make them cry all through the night until dawn. Iyen plantain na.
I got home and narrated everything to DH, na so we bundle my precious #500 unripe plantain and gave to our neighbor o, Ahhhhhh!!!! shocked I have Googled side effect of plantain tire, I no see.

My honorable mothers please is this Oka real??!
Cc Mama Zaynie
Mama Modath
Nurse kaffy4bills
Rukemi291
All the yoruba mommas

Ewa ba mi torchlight the matter.

See the long sermon wey I write sef undecided I feel better now smiley

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by loistee: 9:46am On Feb 09, 2016
lovinam:
Hi, try to reduce the quantity you eat at a go. Eliminate soft drinks or gassy drinks. Take sips of water and avoid late night meals. You didn't indicate how far you've gone( weesk) if you are in your third trimester then you need to adhere. To all I wrote + eliminate. Food

Thanks lovinam am 10 weeks gone
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by loistee: 9:54am On Feb 09, 2016
ginababy:

In addition to wat oda mamas hav suggested, I will lyk u to try drinking worm water n kip away frm cold water 4 now. D weather might nt b favourable 4 dat bt u just hav 2 bear it for d sake of ur comfort. As 4 me; I experienced same + constipation for 4months bt finally discover dis method som weeks bak n it is doing wonders for me.

Pele it will soon b history dearie.

Thanks but is normal to have constipation in early pregnancy am just 10 weeks I thought constipation is experienced in late pregnancy
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by dhabeautyjas(f): 9:55am On Feb 09, 2016
amen to all the prayers. goldenruby, don't be scared. just brace yourself up for the task ahead. is better you know the possibilities.
sharon6, its better you go to the hospital cos i heard every delivery is different, you can't use ur past experience ooooooo.

My princess is 2yrs today.

by this time 2014, i and dh had gone to hospital and i was already on observation as the contractions were coming very strong. i thank God i am alive to celebrate her life today

15 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Nobody: 10:09am On Feb 09, 2016
BritneyStacy:

I can't say for sure. It depends on the directions of the DG of NYSC.Before now, they were mobilized once they are cleared from their schools. I think mobilisation is on going now, find out from your student's affairs department if pregnant women will be mobilized .

ciscao this Is for you.

Thanks Britney

goldenruby grin cheesy God is so merciful that immediately baby's head is out, one starts forgetting how terribly painful the labour was. Imagine women that have 7 children single births o. And if the economy allows them ehn they will have more.

I have heard about the 'oka' ( baby fontanelle (soft part at the top of head) not closing up and causing discomfort).

Me o, I ate a whole lot of fried plantain in my first o. and that was towards the end of the pregnancy. I believe whatever will harm my baby will be rejected by my body...like I couldn't tolerate soft drinks and chicken/turkey throughout the pregnancy. I follow my instinct more.

So there is no literature backing the plantain -leading-to-oka thing... Well, there are always at least two schools of thought.

let me add mama lovinam goldmine ozycy mumz Mummyf Maran1983 super experienced mamas of life

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by blessedtwins: 10:18am On Feb 09, 2016
Plantain keh.shuo shocked
I ate a lot of plantain ripe and unripe during my second pregnancy ,infact much more during the final weeks and my baby didn't have oka,(nor eela,nor colic #jes saying)
Oriegwu shocked ds same Plantain oO
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by carinmom(f): 10:23am On Feb 09, 2016
dhabeautyjas:
amen to all the prayers. goldenruby, don't be scared. just brace yourself up for the task ahead. is better you know the possibilities.
sharon6, its better you go to the hospital cos i heard every delivery is different, you can't use ur past experience ooooooo.

by this time 2014, i and dh had gone to hospital and i was already on observation as the contractions were coming very strong. i thank God i am alive to celebrate her life today
HBD to our Lil princess. Wish her many prosperous years ahead.

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Nobody: 10:33am On Feb 09, 2016
dhabeautyjas:

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Nobody: 10:34am On Feb 09, 2016
dhabeautyjas:

May d Lord bless nd guide ur lovely princess foreva...weldone mam.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by ahnie: 10:35am On Feb 09, 2016
Please what z oka?@goldenruby,blessedtwins,ma'am zaynie n rukemi291.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by kaffy4bill(f): 10:39am On Feb 09, 2016
[quote author=goldenruby post=42756069

OK, in other not to bore the house with my beans fever, I decided to incorporate plantain, slightly ripe or a little over ripped as the case may be. The older lady I buy from, stopped me yesterday and asked who I make the plantain meal for, I told her it's for the entire household and it's majorly for beans . she screamed and said I should stop plantain consumption ASAP as it causes 'Oka' (in yoruba), she related how her grandson troubled the mother with the said 'Oka' and how she came to their rescue with herbs, how the grandson grows lean by the day and crys all night until the herbs came to their rescue.She asked if I can handle all these as a first timer or rather avoid plantain completely embarassed abi iru ki leleyi sad. She even said the Oka would stare at your baby and make them cry all through the night until dawn. Iyen plantain na.
I got home and narrated everything to DH, na so we bundle my precious #500 unripe plantain and gave to our neighbor o, Ahhhhhh!!!! shocked I have Googled side effect of plantain tire, I no see.

My honorable mothers please is this Oka real??!
Cc Mama Zaynie
Mama Modath
Nurse kaffy4bills
Rukemi291
All the yoruba mommas

Ewa ba mi torchlight the matter.

See the long sermon wey I write sef undecided I feel better now smiley[/quote]

It's all myth sis, chop ur plantain dey go
Tell her thanks and buy it else where
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by kaffy4bill(f): 10:40am On Feb 09, 2016
ahnie:

Dehydration in babies is wat mothers call OKA but they tend to overhype it
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Nobody: 10:44am On Feb 09, 2016
ahnie:

I thought so that people may not know it. I have edited my post.

Congrats dhabeautyjas. Happy birthday to sweet little Jas. May Allah bless her.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by kaffy4bill(f): 10:44am On Feb 09, 2016
missmalachi:
@ rukemi291 , i will start now gradually.u wont blame a ftm ni o

@ senior modath .....thank u so much.

@ kawa ahnie.....i hv nt given her even water ooooo.my mum says i shld be allowing her taste my food but i said no ooo dat hospital says no even water till 6 month.

@ nurse kaffy4bill. .....ekaro ma,eku jo meta.

My sis, I gentle ooo
No vex, how r u doing now
Name sake wa nko? Wil come check u soon oo
Work bn crazy and me nt bn too fine
Al mamas I hail ooo
Chinwedym, howdy sis.. ekene nko
I still owe u too oooo
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by missmalachi: 10:44am On Feb 09, 2016
@ goldenruby , this yoruba n der oka story na fallacy jawe.
I eat plantain lik kilode n yet my baby did nt hv oka.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by lcoral(f): 10:45am On Feb 09, 2016
Joysa:
Mamas, pls what effect does not taking preventive treatment for malaria In preg have on d baby?

You get low birth weight baby, jaundice, and even ur baby may come down with malaria. Imagine pricking d baby's tender skin to look for vein to give drip.
Please kindly treàt urself to avert unnecessary issues.

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by kaffy4bill(f): 10:48am On Feb 09, 2016
Joysa:
Mamas, pls what effect does not taking preventive treatment for malaria In preg have on d baby?

It's preventive cos we don't want u coming down wit malaria wic is nt safe for u or ur baby.
If u react to fansidar, sure ur health care facility wil give an alternative
It wil end in praise

2 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Nobody: 10:48am On Feb 09, 2016
kaffy4bill:

but it's from/leads to the fontanelle not closing up on time abi?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by missmalachi: 10:57am On Feb 09, 2016
kaffy4bill:

My sis, I gentle ooo
No vex, how r u doing now
Name sake wa nko? Wil come check u soon oo
Work bn crazy and me nt bn too fine
Al mamas I hail ooo
We are both doing great.

Dat moment wen the physician is not feeling strong. Ejo e ma fara'nle ooooo.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Nobody: 11:00am On Feb 09, 2016
[quote author=kaffy4bill post=42757604]

Its bn a while ma...jst saying hello to u nd d family

Nkkystel,congrats madam...luvly boy u gat dia

Mitchyy,how r u doin...am chilling here doin countdown cus i cnt slip ovanyt...tossing here nd there..

All delectable mamas...luvly day to u.PEACE!!!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by babythug(f): 11:01am On Feb 09, 2016
goldenruby:
Good morning mamas GOOD MORNING MY BEAUTIFUL TEAM MAY MAMAS kiss kiss! ,A beautiful congratulations to all the January mamas that just offloaded kiss Tatacherie I saw your baby girl she is adorable kiss (them Don say make I stop to dey crave baby girl to avoid shock lipsrsealed) I just decided to go MIA like say na this thread give me Belle embarassed Its not been easy asswear angry the kindda heat that comes from underneath the boobs alone no be beans. Ahhh!!!!!

@Blessedmum a heart warming congratulations on your BFP kiss kiss Wishing you a smooth H&H 9months kiss kiss.
@Nkkystel congratulations kiss I tap into this baby weight o. Congratulations on your LO.

What a post LOL

Welcome back home wink

This Oka thing i don hear am but i can't fathom what in blazes it is.... say e go literally chop the pikin vein or something like that...

May it not come our way in Jesus name.

You don't eat plantain anymore... i'd be eating it on your behalf ok grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by babythug(f): 11:04am On Feb 09, 2016
kaffy4bill:

cheesy you don't mean it?? My MIL don try describe am to me... was staring at her like?? Infact your explanation makes sense, my nephew had it. It's all adding up now his mum was stressed after childbirth and may not have been lactating well at the time!
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by babythug(f): 11:06am On Feb 09, 2016
loistee:

Thanks but is normal to have constipation in early pregnancy am just 10 weeks I thought constipation is experienced in late pregnancy

Yes it's possible. Iron tablets may cause your waste matter to firm up cheesy

Just incorporate lots of fruits and veggies from now! Me sef dey suffer the thing. I am forced to add lemon to my warrer on the very bad days
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by kaffy4bill(f): 11:09am On Feb 09, 2016
Rukemi291:

but it's from/leads to the fontanelle not closing up on time abi?

No sis, just makes it look sunken. A lil deeper Dan it shld appear
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by lcoral(f): 11:11am On Feb 09, 2016
BritneyStacy:

Congratulations ooo! May the child be a source of happiness in your family always! Biko, I tap into this size of baby ooo! 2.7-3.0kg....That's all I want oooo
We are waiting for your birth story. ..

I also pray for that grace for u my dear sister because mine I don dey do fasting now. My own weight ehh don reach3.5kg. Am looking forward to my next appointment this week to know wat my doc would advice.
And na me no get body. I was surprise when I saw my last scan.
U needed to see to way everyone was asking ' u never still born' at d office yesterday.

#teamfeb# for super natural delivery.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by kaffy4bill(f): 11:11am On Feb 09, 2016
loistee:

Constipation is a part of d preggy package.
For sum pple, dats d first/early sign dat makes them test for preg
Eat smal freq meals
Lots of fruits and fluid
Hope dis help
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by mykedun(m): 11:12am On Feb 09, 2016
Good to hear the good news when a woman has 9 months pregnancy experience and gave birth easily without going through C.S.. But what makes the pregnancy to remain for the pregnancy period without miscarriages?
1. GOD
2. Proper Diets and the right Supplementation of loss vitamins and mineral the foods eating might not have.

For every Pregnant women, my prayer for you is to gave birth without any complications. Amen

But do you know what supplements to take to give you the right vitamins and minerals your body need?

Click http://www.evergreenhealthcaresupplements.com/blog/health-and-wellness/womens-health/gnld-products-for-pregnancy/ to learn what supplements can help you in delivering safe and fine.

TO YOUR HEALTH!!!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by kaffy4bill(f): 11:16am On Feb 09, 2016
[quote author=cutienik post=42757968][/quote]

Tanx sis, how r u and lo doing
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by lovinam: 11:16am On Feb 09, 2016
@goldenruby hahahahahahahaha!! I just sense you need this rant like kilode! I'm sure you feel so good now. Lmao!

Pls chop your plantain de go! I ate unripe plantain porridge like something else in my last pregnancy. I cooked it with berra smoked fish and scent leaves. (Yummy). Its all myth o! Don't believe things like that before it starts growing on you mind and take up permanent residency there.

Enjoy ya pplanty anyhow!!

Chai! Me sef need to rant small but nowhere to rant!! Lmao!

2 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by ahnie: 11:23am On Feb 09, 2016
Noted nurse kaffy....thnks.
kaffy4bill:

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by PresVA: 11:26am On Feb 09, 2016
lovinam:
@goldenruby hahahahahahahaha!! I just sense you need this rant like kilode! I'm sure you feel so good now. Lmao!

Pls chop your plantain de go! I ate unripe plantain porridge like something else in my last pregnancy. I cooked it with berra smoked fish and scent leaves. (Yummy). Its all myth o! Don't believe things like that before it starts growing on you mind and take up permanent residency there.

Enjoy ya pplanty anyhow!!

Chai! Me sef need to rant small but nowhere to rant!! Lmao!
Hahahha. .. exactly the way I cook mine..Though I add dry fish sometimes, then I use scent leaves and ugu together. ..

Immediately I saw the oka news or whatever. . I said the news is definitely not for me cos I can't stop eating unripe plantain porridge. . I eat it weekly!

2 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Nobody: 11:31am On Feb 09, 2016
kaffy4bill:

No sis, just makes it look sunken. A lil deeper Dan it shld appear

Thanks Nurse. God bless the work of (y)our hands.

But why is it innocent plantain that has to suffer being mentioned in this 'oka' saga. Thank God they didn't say it is Maggi or any other seasoning, some pregnant women for chop bland food tire... Baba thank you ooo.

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (1162) (1163) (1164) (1165) (1166) (1167) (1168) ... (6955) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.