Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,597 members, 7,809,167 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 02:31 AM

Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk - Health (1170) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk (8123973 Views)

Birth Defects: Are You Pregnant Or Planning To? What You Need To Know! (pics) / Can I Still Get Pregnant Or Do I Remove The Fibroid / Revealed: The Secret Fertility System That Cures Infertility & Get You Pregnant (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1167) (1168) (1169) (1170) (1171) (1172) (1173) ... (6954) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Nnetriplet: 7:05am On Feb 10, 2016
Rukemi291:
madam sharon6 been really looking forward to read your BS (as per 1st twins of the year) thank God it's now around the corner. I wish you ease. God will lay His mighty Hands upon you and whoever will take their delivery. May the passage be easy.

#enjoy your plates of rice#

nnetriplet continue breaking the BS o. This one even ended in 'where' cheesy .. I'm sure you will conclude in at least two weeks time....

Baby legitdiva please come o. Mummy is eager to meet you... and we all love you to join our thread cuties soon.
Lol, madam no time, I only get to type when she is sleeping ooo
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by thorpido(m): 7:36am On Feb 10, 2016
PresVA:
Hi, sorry for disturbing again..

Do I still go on with my routine drugs (iron, folic acid, vit c, calcium, bcomplex) even while on malaria drugs? Heard vit c and iron render malaria drugs ineffective. . Do I take them at separate hours?

Thank you. .. smiley

Iron and vit c do reduce the efficacy of malaria drugs and could even boost the parasites.I'll say you should hold on with the routine drugs until you complete the dosage of your malaria drugs.

4 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by tyconcepts(f): 7:43am On Feb 10, 2016
zaynie:

Bae. How your side? Momsy nko?

Nurse Kaffy4bill, hope u are feeling better now? Please be strong. kiss
Am fine....God is still working on momsi.
How bobo Moyo and Atinuke?

Nurse Kaffy4bill....Get strong quick.

#Love

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Nobody: 7:47am On Feb 10, 2016
Sharon6:

Amen! Amen!! and Amen!!! Thanks ma'am.

In fact I just finished another plate of rice with assorted meat. The second one DH bought before going home at 11pm. cheesy

Lol.
you need it jare. 'Chop the life of your head' mama Ibeji. Asokale ayo

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by blessedtwins: 8:02am On Feb 10, 2016
Sharon6 enjoy jare.smooth labor and twins arrive with joy.reminds me of yamarita mama
Olubankemi zaynie don talk am finish.pik your choice from her options joor o.ur own go better
Zaynie:I nor dey sch levels o.u nor wetin happen naa I nor go fit break am down buh ur instincts dey on point even tho I just dey code yarns.loff u plenty
Okeoghene4real I had that experience in my 2nd pregnancy and oil either palm or vegetable oil in food was the culprit,so I eliminated it from my diet.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by iomoge2(f): 8:28am On Feb 10, 2016
@olubankemi, please act weak let hubby know u are weak.
With multiples and u are stressing yourself
Try and ignore the filt if u can and see if he won't help out
Or call someone to help clean every Saturday
Just ask one or two women especially the one selling something on d street. They know everyone and would find u someone.
Thank God u work so u can spare the cash.
Just be home when she is cleaning and direct her to do the parts she didn't do well after she must have finished.
You can also tell ur mum to send someone down to help u.
After u had waited this long for this miracle, I think all u should be doing is pampering yourself
I would have said u should be strong , but I don't want u to mistake it for being a super woman
Please show u are weak.
Don't jump off d bed
We are weaker vessels
Let hubby know u need him to pet and even carry u
Let him see u cry and know u need d attention
Hian
Your post brought tears to my eyes cause even menstral period is big deal without cramps o not to talk of being with a child then another.
Please o
Time is now to even get someone to help cause when our lo's show, we would need all d extra help we can get.

For d job, don't resign Biko. Like someone suggested, let a man talk to him or u should talk to him your self after prayers.
God has d heart of a king in his hands and your DH is d king in your home.
He should see reasons why u would follow d day approved by ur office

Everything would turn out well in Jesus name.

Sorry I put my mouth, I just couldn't hold it.

10 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Brownsmoothie: 9:11am On Feb 10, 2016
@Sharon6 I too like ur swag dear,awaiting ur sweet testimony......@melly245 went for ANC yesterday and d doctor asked me to do pelvic scan at 20wks 4 days, d sonographer was able to see d sex of d baby.I am team BLUE...#teamjuneforswiftandeasydelivery#

6 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by dhabeautyjas(f): 9:29am On Feb 10, 2016
olubankemi, take heart dear, everyone cannot be the same. I will like to ask some questions so as to know where to advise from.

1. Does he have any sister?
2. is his mum alive and living with his dad?
3. is this your first preggy?
4. Are you the only wife?

based on experience gathered from people, i realise men that were brought up by single mothers tend towards this direction cos mum does everything for them. they are not trying to be wicked but that's how they were brought up.

For those that don't have sisters atall, they tend to be less caring to women.

there is no superwoman anywhere o. if he doesnn't want his niece to help you, abeg get help that will come do the cleaning and pay from ur salary if u are working, if you are not, save from house upkeep to pay the help abeg ooooooooooooooooooo, no form jet li ontop preggy o
now, possible solutions.

1. stop complaining about being tired, act tired. slow down on the work.
2. try make him read books about preggy. (this works alot as dh was even more aware of preggy issues cos he read alot and was even the one always calming me when i get depressed).
3. see, i also do not like dirty environment but you need to learn to overlook somethings if he is not ready to help you. you are not a machine, and the earlier you take it slow, the less you will break down.
4. Are you working ? if yes, take every step easy, i tell you sometimes, i get home and form so weak that we end up drinking garri. its not that i can't cook but i just know i need to slow down.

For now try these, i pray it works. as soon as i get more ideas, i will let you know

4 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by dhabeautyjas(f): 9:43am On Feb 10, 2016
nnetriplet, ur BS, got me laughing real hard, all in all Glory be to the Highest. congrats once again.

juliebest, i see you. long time no sawing.

sharon6, awaiting ur sweet glorious BS, am sure the labour don dey stron, this one you are no longer updating.

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by mompurity2: 9:44am On Feb 10, 2016
@sharon6, u will come out victorious in Jesus name. Mother and babies alive and healthy.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Joysa(f): 9:50am On Feb 10, 2016
Rukemi291:

I know what I am going through with my 2 yr old that only takes pap and 2 particular brands of cerelac. Yes he was EBFd too.

shocked omG, you're trying o.. pls u need to start making him eat other things o. U can start with banana, watermelon, fried plantain, potatoes (sweet & irish), moimoi then gradually introduce semo wt draw soup, beans, rice, etc. Carry him on ur lap & feed him as u eat too.Give him d stern face if he doesn't want to cooperate. I also av a 2yr old dat I EBFd & he eats everything we eat. D cereal in d house is for times am too tired to cook

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Joysa(f): 9:51am On Feb 10, 2016
nkkystel:
JESUS did it for me! My LO arrived on Saturday weighing 2.8kg.
#teamjanuaryportedtofebruaryforsafesupernaturaldelivery#

BS coming soon!

Baby is saying Hi to mummies!
what a cutie kiss congrats

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by lawvlypearl(f): 9:52am On Feb 10, 2016
LegitDiva:
So today is my EDD after seriously hoping i'd be teamJan, my LO is still chilling like he doesn't know it's time to meet mum undecided

Abi he wants to grow moustache first

Sorry mama's #JustVenting........ pls how long is too long? is castor oil honestly advisable?

Senior Modath
Chinwendym
Nurse kaffy

Can you try trekking a long distance?, a friend did this and her water broke by midnight, she gave birth by morning and her edd was like a week away....the distance she told me she trekked was scary to me tho but you can try. Its more natural than other inducer. Wish you all d best.

3 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Joysa(f): 9:58am On Feb 10, 2016
Rukemi291:

When I was preggy with my first, my hospital said they only administer fansidar which I am allergic to.... so I didn't take any throughout the pregnancy and I don't think anything is wrong with my 'manager' because I didn't take any preventive drug.
ok sis. Thanks. I was wondering if d antimalaria passed some antibodies to d child when born
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Joysa(f): 10:04am On Feb 10, 2016
Virtuouswife:

May likely cause Jaundice on d baby
haaaaa! Are u serious? shocked embarassed even with no malaria symptoms? ??
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by gandyluv(f): 10:10am On Feb 10, 2016
happy ash Wednesday to do mamas in d house.ve a stress free day.

7 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by nutigal: 10:11am On Feb 10, 2016
mamas pls put me in ur prayers...

2 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Joysa(f): 10:13am On Feb 10, 2016
Rukemi291:

She asked for the effect of not taking preventive drugs, not the effect of malaria on the baby.

From my experience, there is no effect on the baby unless she's asymptomatic to malaria and later comes down with it.

thanks again mama kiss fear don catch me oooo embarassed
I was given metaprim at 13wks, took only two doses & stopped. Then I was given fansidar at 21wks, i dint use it, @ my last anc, i was given metaprim again & stil haven't used it. In my last preg, I came down with serious malaria @ 19wks after using fansidar & i was treated using artemeter-lumefantrine hence d 'fear'
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Nobody: 10:18am On Feb 10, 2016
nutigal:
....Mornin to u ma,may d Lord order ur steps nd be wt u all d way in Jesus name..amen.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by modath(f): 10:24am On Feb 10, 2016
lawvlypearl:

Can you try trekking a long distance?, a friend did this and her water broke by midnight, she gave birth by morning and her edd was like a week away....the distance she told me she trekked was scary to me tho but you can try. Its more natural than other inducer. Wish you all d best.

Cosoign but it's HARRDDd, also have someone's sis that did crazy pakaleke dance & fell into labour not long after....

Me, by the time EDD is near, I'm tapped out! grin

All I can do is lead with right foot & follow with the left... cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Joysa(f): 10:38am On Feb 10, 2016
lcoral:

You get low birth weight baby, jaundice, and even ur baby may come down with malaria. Imagine pricking d baby's tender skin to look for vein to give drip.
Please kindly treàt urself to avert unnecessary issues.

God forbid o.. tnks sis. I don't av malaria o, just wondering if it was absolutely necessary to tk d drugs.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Joysa(f): 10:39am On Feb 10, 2016
kaffy4bill:

It's preventive cos we don't want u coming down wit malaria wic is nt safe for u or ur baby.
If u react to fansidar, sure ur health care facility wil give an alternative
It wil end in praise
amen sis, thank u. kiss
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by lawvlypearl(f): 10:46am On Feb 10, 2016
modath:

Cosoign but it's HARRDDd, also have someone's sis that did crazy pakaleke dance & fell into labour not long after....

Me, by the time EDD is near, I'm tapped out! grin

All I can do is lead with right foot & follow with the left... cheesy

Lol @pakaleke dance....she can dance her way to labour too.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by firsttymum(f): 11:21am On Feb 10, 2016
feddy27:
Ok o... officially time to introduce myself smiley longggg time follower of this thread from 1st preggo but laziness no gree me active.. I repent this time around..lol. Just got my BFP yesterday *big smile* grin #TeamOctober2016#6weeks#

my people from the other side, oya welcome me specially :ozycy, firsttymum,modath,nerfetitiram,favoredgal #2ndMissionaryJourney# smiley

ozycy, come to think of it, you asked me the other day o *cornereye* You must be seeing in 10D...lol
congratulations darling.... Yeepee... October class captain
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by olaoyekemi(f): 12:12pm On Feb 10, 2016
Ma'am sharon06 we await the good news.team September I dey hail o
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by cococandy(f): 12:32pm On Feb 10, 2016
Pls do what you can and leave the rest.
He's not the one who's pregnant so it's easy for him to say it's not normal to be tired during pregnancy. double sigh undecided

You need all the rest you can get. So try and get it. If not for your sake, for your baby's sake.
olubankemi:
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Joysa(f): 1:22pm On Feb 10, 2016
Brownsmoothie:
lwent for ANC yesterday and d doctor asked me to do pelvic scan at 20wks 4 days, d sonographer was able to see d sex of d baby.I am team BLUE...#teamjuneforswiftandeasydelivery#

lucky u.. mine still dey close leg. Na 4D scan I wan do now

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by mompurity2: 1:38pm On Feb 10, 2016
@evacroft, hope ure okay? Have u had the procedure done? Wishing u success in all that you do.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by moonert(f): 1:40pm On Feb 10, 2016
Hello mamas. Abeg make una help me o. Am 36+3 weeks and did a scan yesterday, Dr. said baby is in longitudinal breech position. What can I do to help turn d baby to head down?
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by CheeryChy(f): 1:49pm On Feb 10, 2016
sugah:
Cheerychy did you tell them you wanted pelvin scan or obstetrics ? Anyways, repeat the scan in 2 weeks and see what they say
Limseycutey if by your lmp you are 12 weeks, I think that puts you in August.

Congrats nikkystel.
Welcome AdaEkube

It's the hospital where I registered for antenatal. Was asked to go for scan since I'm in my first trimester. This is my first scan. Please what's the difference between pelvic scan and obstetrics? I want to go to another diagnostic centre to do another scan later this afternoon.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by lovinam: 1:53pm On Feb 10, 2016
You will be back to testify of your victory!
nutigal:
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Beremx(f): 1:58pm On Feb 10, 2016
moonert:
Hello mamas. Abeg make una help me o. Am 36+3 weeks and did a scan yesterday, Dr. said baby is in longitudinal breech position. What can I do to help turn d baby to head down?
your doctor should be in the best position to turn the baby if it's possible. Turning a baby can be dangerous as it can harm the baby.
Just pray the baby turns to a cephalic position before your due date. There's still time for that.

3 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (1167) (1168) (1169) (1170) (1171) (1172) (1173) ... (6954) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.