Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,209 members, 7,818,707 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 10:26 PM

Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk - Health (2039) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk (8150576 Views)

Birth Defects: Are You Pregnant Or Planning To? What You Need To Know! (pics) / Can I Still Get Pregnant Or Do I Remove The Fibroid / Revealed: The Secret Fertility System That Cures Infertility & Get You Pregnant (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2036) (2037) (2038) (2039) (2040) (2041) (2042) ... (6956) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Nobody: 12:37am On Jul 29, 2016
[quote author=Sharon6 post=47982351][/quote]

@Sharon6, longest time.

I don't know oo. But I think they can start being on the walker as my friend's boy started before he clocks 6months.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by suzy(f): 1:30am On Jul 29, 2016
Pls help me. I feel so much pain on my left side below my tummy is not allowing me sleep. am 18weeks pregnant. what can be the causes? shoul8 I worry or not
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by ozycy: 1:40am On Jul 29, 2016
tyconcepts:
Ozycy can I be your friend plzzzz I have always wanted a snail farm owner as a friend tongue
Errm errm friend request accepted.
Snail from Abuja to warri lipsrsealed e no go expire b4 e reach?

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Omojudy: 2:09am On Jul 29, 2016
mompurity2:
it was d normal 2D scan, But in a vry gud scan lab and an experienced sonologist.
Wow got the length of cervix and all. I want that kind of sonologist or scan center in Lagos. Ogba Ikeja axis preferably someone please.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by ozycy: 2:11am On Jul 29, 2016
enkaydewdrop:

I'm very sure lifting of buckets, stressing myself with some housework and carrying my baby for long, while standing, caused my own incision site and Tommy to start aching me... And it came with some fever too...
Pls o, don't carry anything heavier than your baby. That was what I was told and I had VD.
I use am do excuse very well o even when I was very strong, I go still talk say my doc said I shouldn't lift anything heavier than my baby. Hubby hear am.

5 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by ozycy: 2:14am On Jul 29, 2016
sugah:
Mamas that have bought and are using or even the seller of post partum belts for CSection, how do you get the size to buy? Im buying online and quite confused. Pre-pregnancy I was a size medium, how do I know what size to buy?

Teamseptember4supernatutaldelivery.
You have to buy size small cos even if size medium fits you at the onset, with time it will be too big for you when the tummy reduces. And the tummy can reduce really fast.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by ozycy: 2:20am On Jul 29, 2016
[quote author=Sharon6 post=47982351][/quote]
You can start putting them in the walker, I did much earlier than 6months

2 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by ozycy: 2:24am On Jul 29, 2016
suzy:
Pls help me. I feel so much pain on my left side below my tummy is not allowing me sleep. am 18weeks pregnant. what can be the causes? shoul8 I worry or not
You are already worrying too much.
Just change position and change again. You will be fine.

3 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by ozycy: 2:30am On Jul 29, 2016
Liftedhands have gone OYO since yesterday after preparing snail. She no wan share the snail with us na so I decide to cook mine. Watched YouTube video and the recipe someone posted here.
The snail makes sense o, I be found new way to cook my snail.
Make una come chop ooo
Tyconcepts

13 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by bulunton(f): 2:50am On Jul 29, 2016
Omojudy:

Wow got the length of cervix and all. I want that kind of sonologist or scan center in Lagos. Ogba Ikeja axis preferably someone please.

Omojudy try healthpoint laboratory along college road.they use to be on point.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Omojudy: 3:43am On Jul 29, 2016
bulunton:

Omojudy try healthpoint laboratory along college road.they use to be on point.
Thank you
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Omojudy: 3:45am On Jul 29, 2016
ozycy:
Liftedhands have gone OYO since yesterday after preparing snail. She no wan share the snail with us na so I decide to cook mine. Watched YouTube video and the recipe someone posted here.
The snail makes sense o, I be found new way to cook my snail.
Make una come chop ooo
Tyconcepts
This is gross wickedness. Food pictures should be banned on this thread. Na midnight we dey oh. Where I wan start from?

6 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by cherrymum1: 4:00am On Jul 29, 2016
Babyadorable:
Mama Zaynie aka pay ur dues,I am ready 4 classes,oda sabi mamas com in n tell mi wat I nid 2 kn.
1.Friuts to eat n d ones not 2 eat
2.Who is my team cappo as I tink am team march
3.Folic acid 2 b taking till wen
4.Do I nid any oda prenatal(hope am correct)4 nw?no laughing(FTM) grin

Oya sorry baby, no vex, next time cc mamas ehn. Some people might not read all posts...just maybe a few first lines so they won't know u asked a question. Oya make I epp u small.
Alakoko number wan,
1. Eat fruits and vegetables wella. NO UNRIPE OR SEMI-UNRIPE PINEAPPLE AND PAWPAW FOR NOW. in fact, me I didn't even go near both ripe and unripe sef throughout my pregnancy. Reason is that both fruits are believed to cause contraction. So it should be avoided. So eat water melon, cucumber, apple, oranges....green vegetables....

2. Folic acid should be taken everyday till u meet ur LO. U also need ferrous tab for iron, u need blood right now so don't play with that. Folic acid and ferrous tab once a day was how I took it. But some doctors give more than once a day. Ferrous is our usual tiny red blood medicine and b-complex. Folic acid is very important, pls don't skip it for a trillion dollars. It helps to prevent Spina-bafida (donno warit iz, buh doesn't sound cool)

I hope I helped a bit.
Pls we don't do cliq here ehn....na gist dey carry us away sometimes. Cc mamas also screen grab some info u might need to refer to in future, like olatebony's contact when u want to start shopping (see marketing strategy), feddy27 too and fina4804, there's another mama that sells delivery pack. Or scan addresses and hospital info that some mamas have dropped because of the good review about them. Daz how we roll mama. Kiss kiss.

12 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Omojudy: 4:11am On Jul 29, 2016
Are LUTH nurses still on strike? Was there last month and could not register. Was sent back.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by sugah: 4:13am On Jul 29, 2016
ozycy:

You have to buy size small cos even if size medium fits you at the onset, with time it will be too big for you when the tummy reduces. And the tummy can reduce really fast.
Thank you mama. Will get the small size.

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by MamaOO: 4:47am On Jul 29, 2016
mitchyy:
Mamas that have dropped, please i want to get a baby carrier. Do you know any good brand that can be used to carry baby both in the front and at the back?

Also, how do you carry baby around when baby grows older than the carrier? E.g, baby is 6 months and not walking yet but i need to go to the market with him.
Try Ergobaby 360 or Ergobaby Original. It can be used for so long (some say 4 years, lol) and it's good in distributing the weight around your body. Dunno where to get it in Naija though.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by cherrymum1: 5:07am On Jul 29, 2016
mitchyy:

Also, how do you carry baby around when baby grows older than the carrier? E.g, baby is 6 months and not walking yet but i need to go to the market with him.

Throw am for back, tie am wella Na and be going. We started backing since 6wks immunisation sef.

2 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by BritneyStacy: 5:23am On Jul 29, 2016
cherrymum1:

Throw am for back, tie am wella Na and be going. We started backing since 6wks immunisation sef.
cheesy grin cheesy cheesy You should be a Yoruba lady. Una no dey waist time to tie pikin for back .....

3 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by dexterush(f): 5:23am On Jul 29, 2016
My Dear Sister...

if your Man is Stressing you....
Boil water
Let it boil, boil, boil, and boil.While water is still boiling...
wait for him to fall asleep.

When you are very sure that he is sleeping then .....................................................

make some tea and drink.
Tea reduces stress.

Stop crying.Ok..
Lolz wait o you thought am gonna say pour it on him.

Come on u can't kill him u love him!!! grin

18 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by mymoneygrows(f): 5:32am On Jul 29, 2016
onyinyechika08:
happy birthday cherrymum1 wish u all the best life has got to offer.

mymoneygrows i had that experience too whenever i kpekused, i was so scared dt i came here to ask questions too, when i googled it i found out it happens to some pple and i confirmed it after we kpekused the second time same thing happened. the third time i told dh to do withdrawal method lets see, and lo and behold i dint have dt discharge afterwars. so i just concluded d s.perm might just be doing some experiment in there. anyway i advise u still visit ur doc too.

Tanx mama. tank u mama mitchyy, jazzjazz, kemesty and other mamas wey torchlight my matter. my test result will be ready today and i will update. in other news, my waist is killing me with pains, and this page speed dey do me laziness o.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by BritneyStacy: 5:46am On Jul 29, 2016
Morning mamas. ...
Experienced mums in the house , do babies really need baby pillows or they can do without them ?

2. I am contemplating ditching this net and foam kind of bed and buying baby bed at once and buy mosquito net...which one will be better especially at protecting my baby from mosquitoes? Wouldn't want to buy both....

3. I intend doing EBF, but don't have money for breast bump this month again. Any need buying feeders now or I just wait till i have money for the breast pump ? Which brand of feeder do you have good experience with and will readily recommend?

Cc olatebony
Fortius
Mitchyy
Cherrymum
Liftedhands
Feddy27

All experienced mum's please
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by BritneyStacy: 5:52am On Jul 29, 2016
Evamum is here. ...do well to say hi to your team mates ooo. You have been quiet for some time.I hope you are doing fine. ...
Mind telling us your EDD and LO gender so we can update our team list for the next roll call ?

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Liftedhands(f): 5:57am On Jul 29, 2016
Mztyqal words fail me! cry one thing is for sure God has seen your tears and pain! He will console you and bless you with much more than what you have lost in Jesus name! Take heart dear your baby is now an angel kiss kiss

Dexterush abeg no kii me with laugh o! Enkaydewdrop go think say Na anaconda I kill embarassed its just a vely small baby snake nah! Madam reporter tongue grin

Legendsmother I say a very loud AMEN!!!!! thanks my sis God bless you.

Zimunachimdi(I didnt see baby favour o) tyconcepts my presido is on point kiss him for me kiss make una come take snail tongue

Ozycy I no do you OYO! my phone crash angry DH got me another one yesterday(no phone no pepper snail grin) so I followed Adorablewifey recipe and it came out mwahhh! kiss nne God bless you! Even the eggs were not spared tongue a recipe I saw online said it's edible just boil and chew whole (DH was the guinea pig not me undecided he ate it said it's delicious)

#note I put the snails in the oven for added crunch.

Erm abeg the mentions plenty all duly noted kiss kiss kiss

Jazzyjazz thanks for the link it really helped....

To crash my phone angry tongue tongue cheesy lolz

Here's my first attempt at peppered snail!

Master chef and chopped pro in the making(make una no laugh me o) cool tongue

Goodu moyin efrybodi kiss

7 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Liftedhands(f): 6:18am On Jul 29, 2016
Britneystacy

1. I've still not started using pillows for my son lipsrsealed

2. I got the foam and net bed very easy to move around! Especially in the living room when I wanna watch TV and still keep an eye on lo + visitors viewing! Ish is they out grow it very fast! Max 4-5 months ours was used only for 3months my son is tall.

3. I got avent bottles but t the mouth seems to be too big for Ds so I ditched it and got regular 5hundred naira bottles and it's serving us well!
Buy a 90ml bottle for starters just incase there's a delay in lactation, you can hold off on the breast pump too! Since it's unlikely you are leaving baby for the next 3 months.

2 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Godmother(f): 6:38am On Jul 29, 2016
Mamas in the house I have a kind of issue that I need suggestions for. I used to run a magazine called ORCHIDS(2009). I did just one issue and ran into serious debts so I packed it up. It was a Lifestyle and Relationship magazine and I encouraged people, esp women to send me their true life stories. I checked my inbox for the magazine yesterday after months and saw this email:

[b] "Dear Readers

My husband is a wonderful, caring man and we've been married for about a year. We courted for just a year before settling down. When we moved in together I noticed some things and one of it is that my Dear doesn't have much confidence. He hates criticism and confrontation and would rather give in to you and accept he is wrong, even to strangers outside.

The other day we were on our way to church and boarded a keke marwa. On our way, there was a tanker parked by the road and my husby told the driver not to pass directly behind the driver but to give a wide gap. The driver played deaf and did just the opposite. The tanker chose that exact moment to move and began to reverse. If not for God we would have been crushed.

When everything finally cleared, the driver out of guilt, turned to start blaming hubby that it was his fault that he had the mind of just parking the keke until the tanker moved but because hubby talked about passing the back he didn't to give it a try. My hubby just kept quiet. I had to speak up and shout at the driver to accept his fault and stop passing blames.

Later in the day I asked my husby why he let that driver blame him and he couldn't say anything. So many other similar issues have happened in the past. If a stranger shouts at husby in public he keeps quiet and it saddens me. If he starts talking on an issue and you air a different opinion from his he quickly changes to yours.

We got talking one day and he revealed to me that he grew up under an extremely critical father. His father sees him as a weakling and criticized him constantly. He's 45 and the said dad still calls him to scold and shout at him on phone or in public at family gatherings.

I feel sadened by this and wish I could help my Dear build up his self-confidence and become assertive. I would welcome and appreciate any suggestions and advice.

Concerned Wife"[/b]

I saw this last night in my inbox and even though the mail is a few months old I felt getting some kind of responses and sending to her might help. Mamas pls don't jump and pass o, drop a word of advice for this woman.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by rejoice02: 6:45am On Jul 29, 2016
Goodmorning mamas!

TGIF eventhough am not working.

@november mamas how body? God is our strength.

@capo imoge2 i hail oh.

@mamas can i ditch dis newborn size for sleep suit and body suit. I have to manage d money i have so am tinking of just buy size 3-6month. Hope it wont be too big for baby at birth? I already bought some okrika overall.TIA.

@ all have a blessed and beautiful weekend.

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by melly245: 6:45am On Jul 29, 2016
BritneyStacy:
cheesy grin cheesy cheesy You should be a Yoruba lady. Una no dey waist time to tie pikin for back .....
tell me about it i started backing Diamond from week 4,make my hand no come break
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by melly245: 6:55am On Jul 29, 2016
Liftedhands:

Here's my first attempt at peppered snail!

Master chef and chopped pro in the making(make una no laugh me o) cool tongue

Goodu moyin efrybodi kiss

ok na this early morin that somebody haff not brush teeth,see snail we've been waiting for all day,issorit

2 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by olatebony(f): 6:56am On Jul 29, 2016
We're fine ma! Pls kindly whatsapp / call / text me on 08030625817. Thanks ma
talltosyne:

Sup mama, hw is ur lo? pls I need dis nursing pillow urgently. How much is it
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Godmother(f): 6:57am On Jul 29, 2016
dexterush...you are one funny mama. See me reading through to see what you'll advise us to do with the hot water, although I knew you wouldn't say pour it on him.

rejoice02....teamie we are fine o. The ministry is gradually moving to permanent site and nobody happy reach me.

2 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by rejoice02: 6:59am On Jul 29, 2016
@Godmother d lady in question should continue encouraging her husband and allow him take charge of tins at home. He can also seek d help of a professional in dat aspect and read books dat can build his personalty and self confidence.

(1) (2) (3) ... (2036) (2037) (2038) (2039) (2040) (2041) (2042) ... (6956) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 4 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.