Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,021 members, 7,818,024 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 05:00 AM

Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk - Health (213) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk (8148272 Views)

Birth Defects: Are You Pregnant Or Planning To? What You Need To Know! (pics) / Can I Still Get Pregnant Or Do I Remove The Fibroid / Revealed: The Secret Fertility System That Cures Infertility & Get You Pregnant (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (210) (211) (212) (213) (214) (215) (216) ... (6956) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by beeevan: 8:56pm On Aug 04, 2014
oriste: Hello mother's in the house being a nursing mother is not a joke the vigil is something else and again my LO does not get full with my breast milk what do you think I should do

Let the child keep sucking till breast feeding is well established, increase your fluid intake .Motherhood no be beans at all, God is your strength.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by mytestimony: 11:11pm On Aug 04, 2014
I am newly pregnant. Food is my major problem. What can I eat to help. I had to be hospitalized because of excessive vomiting. They told me to try dry foods. It is not working. Please sabi mamas help me with suggestions. Also it is very difficult to drink water as it tastes bitter.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by vickilafab(f): 1:11am On Aug 05, 2014
oriste: Hello mother's in the house being a nursing mother is not a joke the vigil is something else and again my LO does not get full with my breast milk what do you think I should do

Eyah, doh. . D early stage no be beans o bt with time, you'll be fine. My LO is 4 months now and sleeps tru d night grin
How do you know ur LO isn't filled?? In my opinion, having a poop daily with about 5 wet diapers shows baby is getting enough- baby should also be adding weight.
See a paediatric doctor for advice.

Thanks tchiwinnie and lovinam for the advice. Sitting at home no b am o.. just that I'd have preferred her to do business like myself bt d husband isn't financially ready for it. I feel d job might overstress her..

Chiangel1, u r already there. A little more patience. .May God make it easy for you. B4 d tsunami, donatee validated EPO, smokey drinky used pineapple while som Mamas kpekused and it worked for them. I tried d EPO, ate some pineapple, kpekused and did lots of exercise bt none worked so LO will com wen ready. I'd suggest you enjoy your me-alone time while it lasts.. I ended up being induced sha
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by vickilafab(f): 1:36am On Aug 05, 2014
mytestimony: I am newly pregnant. Food is my major problem. What can I eat to help. I had to be hospitalized because of excessive vomiting. They told me to try dry foods. It is not working. Please sabi mamas help me with suggestions. Also it is very difficult to drink water as it tastes bitter.

Congrats smiley
Experienced mamas should answer u soon. U can try chewing gum for the bitter taste. U can also try drinking cold water. It's well.

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Chiangel1(f): 3:03am On Aug 05, 2014
thanks so much vickilafab! i might try d pineapple o. have heard a lot of good stuff about it. thanks everyone... why is the forum so dry?

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by mytestimony: 7:30am On Aug 05, 2014
Thanks vikilafab. I was chewing orbit then I hated it. I will try the cold water.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by beedam(f): 8:41am On Aug 05, 2014
@ my testimony, Hmmnnn! I went thru what made me almost got tired of even being pregnant. I could only eat from morning till 2pm and anything taken after that time MUST be vomited. I grew lean and weak that I couldn't go to work anymore. My spit a day will full two 75cl water bottle. And vomiting isn't making food stay. I was on iced block/very cold water all thru. Then I called my doctor to tell him I don't think I can continue with this my state cos I'm always vomiting and I feel very hungry but I couldn't eat. then he asked me to try avomine if I will be lucky to have it work for me. I sent for it that same night and to the glory of God,i ve not vomited since den and I now eat very well. Talk to ur doctor to check if u can use it sha o and pray it will work cos wen I Googled it,some pregnant women said it didn't work for them. I'm now 15weeks gone
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by mytestimony: 9:07am On Aug 05, 2014
@Beedam its not easy weldone. The doctor gave me something for the vomiting. It is working. Tho last night I still felt a bit nauseous. It makes me sleepy though. The thing is the days are just so slow. Ha ha ha. Its my first after ttc for close to 4 years. I thank God sha. So ice cold water wont affect the baby?

2 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by beedam(f): 9:43am On Aug 05, 2014
@ mytestimony, I pray we all carry to term in Jesus name. During my first trimester, I couldn't help but take the cold water o nt minding what effect it had on me nor the baby cos that's the only saviour I had den. To my amazement, one evening as I woke up and felt thirsty and I just carried my bottle from the freezer as usual,i opened it and put my mouth to drink and it tasted like paracetamol. Since then,i ve nt been able to drink water from the fridge let alone the one in the freezer. This is my first too and the days seems to be going very slow though I'm feeling better by the day. What stage are you now?
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by mytestimony: 10:12am On Aug 05, 2014
@Beedam I am just 7 weeks gone o. D day I clocked 6 weeks symptoms kicked in in full swing. For the whole week I was down. God will help us carry to term. It is his desire. What foods did u manage to eat.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by vickilafab(f): 11:00am On Aug 05, 2014
mytestimony: @Beedam its not easy weldone. The doctor gave me something for the vomiting. It is working. Tho last night I still felt a bit nauseous. It makes me sleepy though. The thing is the days are just so slow. Ha ha ha. Its my first after ttc for close to 4 years. I thank God sha. So ice cold water wont affect the baby?

Ice cold water doesn't affect the baby. It's what I drank truout pregnancy and my LO is doing great grin

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by imurboss: 11:44am On Aug 05, 2014
Twin mama,happy belated birthday to u. Sorry it's coming late.

Beedam & my testimony, congrats on ur bfps,may God make it easy for u & may u both have a healthy & stress free journey. Kpele it's all part of the package.

All the mamas, una dooh
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by beedam(f): 12:03pm On Aug 05, 2014
@ mytestimony, food I managed to eat? Hmmnnn! A great question. For breakfast,its rice and stew(pepper+vegetableoil+maggi+ salt) and lunch is amala and ewedu( just ewedu only). Later, crayfish was added to the rice stew. And lunch graduated to eba and okro( ila alasepo + crayfish). I was on that for like 2weeks and then graduated to yam and veg.oil and lunch changed to eba + okro+ stew+ titus fish. For like seven weeks,my life evolve round this food till 14th week that I stopped vomiting. I ve included,moinmoin, yam and egg,beans and plantain, amala and gbegiri, little turkey and chicken, apple.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by tchiwinnie: 12:17pm On Aug 05, 2014
@vikilafab u re welcome. she cld just start wt teaching and save up no matter ow small for business later.
@mytestimony and Beedam pele. its a phase dat ll pass. try to b thankfl always. cold water doesnt affect ur lo.
@Oritse ur body produces enuf milk dat can breastfeed even twins exclusively. most tyms its just effort on our part. my lo smtyms even feeds every hr. rmbr dat BM s easy to digest and their stomach s still small. thats y u need to feed freq. follo Beev's advice.
@Chiangel, abeg relax o. ur lo ll soon show face. u re almost there
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by beedam(f): 12:25pm On Aug 05, 2014
@ mytestimony, when I was 7weeks, it was as if I was the only pregnant lady in the world cos all things changed. I kept a calender beside me and the only thing I do is count days and browse abt early stage pregnancy. It wasn't easy cos my hubby isn't even around so no one to share the pain with. I took in immediately after my wedding and the morning sickness started before I could resume back to work. Pregnancy changes one alot,infact I had to cut my hair wen headache became my best friend. During the most difficult time, I ran to this forum cos I ve been a silent follower . I read alot and I had more knowledge abt first trimester and my seniors encouraged me that it will soon be over and now I'm better and I mean better. So just hang on and try your best with your drugs and eat the little you can. Before you know it, you are encouraging someone as I'm doing right now. Congratulations once again and I believe God won't fail us. @ All the mamas in the house, thanks so much for the contributions u ve all made to this thread to make it a book great job you are all doing here. I'm grateful

2 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by mytestimony: 12:42pm On Aug 05, 2014
beedam: @ mytestimony, food I managed to eat? Hmmnnn! A great question. For breakfast,its rice and stew(pepper+vegetableoil+maggi+ salt) and lunch is amala and ewedu( just ewedu only). Later, crayfish was added to the rice stew. And lunch graduated to eba and okro( ila alasepo + crayfish). I was on that for like 2weeks and then graduated to yam and veg.oil and lunch changed to eba + okro+ stew+ titus fish. For like seven weeks,my life evolve round this food till 14th week that I stopped vomiting. I ve included,moinmoin, yam and egg,beans and plantain, amala and gbegiri, little turkey and chicken, apple.

I will try the ewedu. Any food with oil irritates me. Cant wait to pass this stage and eat all I want
Please is it safe to take ice cream? I usually have the ice cream mix nd I do the addition to milk myself. Just that I am craving ice cream but I need what is good for the baby not me
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by vickilafab(f): 12:43pm On Aug 05, 2014
tchiwinnie: @vikilafab u re welcome. she cld just start wt teaching and save up no matter ow small for business later.

Save ke?? She says her husband will be collecting the money to add to the family spending/savings o
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by tchiwinnie: 1:45pm On Aug 05, 2014
vickilafab:

Save ke?? She says her husband will be collecting the money to add to the family spending/savings o
na wa for d man o. hhmm. she shld just b wise sha
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by bestie101: 2:34pm On Aug 05, 2014
beedam: @ mytestimony, food I managed to eat? Hmmnnn! A great question. For breakfast,its rice and stew(pepper+vegetableoil+maggi+ salt) and lunch is amala and ewedu( just ewedu only). Later, crayfish was added to the rice stew. And lunch graduated to eba and okro( ila alasepo + crayfish). I was on that for like 2weeks and then graduated to yam and veg.oil and lunch changed to eba + okro+ stew+ titus fish. For like seven weeks,my life evolve round this food till 14th week that I stopped vomiting. I ve included,moinmoin, yam and egg,beans and plantain, amala and gbegiri, little turkey and chicken, apple.

I don't know whether to say I'm jealous of u.. at least u can eat something... I can't eat anything. I crave for certain food but when its placed in front of me I won't be able to eat it. my sense of smell is so high that I bet I can smell someones skin. I have a maid and the girl makes food for me while I stay in d room to avoid the smell. when its done, she allows it cool down before bringing it. but immediately she opens the door.... that's the end of the appetite.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by mytestimony: 3:03pm On Aug 05, 2014
@Bestie101 I thought it was only me. I stayed in the house while my sister cooked and ended up in the hospital as I was vomiting non stop. Once she is cooking I leave the house because no matter how I lock I perceive it in my room.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Twinmama(f): 4:28pm On Aug 05, 2014
Thanks everyone for the birthday wishes and amen to the prayers. Welcome to the thread newbies and may God grant u a stress free pregnancy. This weather can make somebody commit o, lol Enjoy the rest of the day mamas.

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Splendblex(f): 4:32pm On Aug 05, 2014
mytestimony: @Bestie101 I thought it was only me. I stayed in the house while my sister cooked and ended up in the hospital as I was vomiting non stop. Once she is cooking I leave the house because no matter how I lock I perceive it in my room.
wow, do you still vomit? Am just 4 weeks gone but my legs are swelling already, I was told to stop eating food with salt.I dunno....
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by tchiwinnie: 5:17pm On Aug 05, 2014
Splendblex:
wow, do you still vomit? Am just 4 weeks gone but my legs are swelling already, I was told to stop eating food with salt.I dunno....
4wks s quite early for ur legs to start swelling. Ope u ve registered for ANC already
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by vickilafab(f): 5:51pm On Aug 05, 2014
cheesy I just taya. .how she fit wise up?
tchiwinnie: na wa for d man o. hhmm. she shld just b wise sha
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by mytestimony: 6:06pm On Aug 05, 2014
Splendblex:

Ah legs swelling at 4 weeks hmmmm i dunno about that o. I still have serious nausea. They gave me medicine for rhe vomiting when they admitted me and I am not through with it. My sister just started cooking again and I had to run out. Imagine! I tried staying and saying to myself that it is a thing of the mind. Nobody told me to leave o. My symptoms started at 6 weeks.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by beeevan: 8:29pm On Aug 05, 2014
mytestimony: I am newly pregnant. Food is my major problem. What can I eat to help. I had to be hospitalized because of excessive vomiting. They told me to try dry foods. It is not working. Please sabi mamas help me with suggestions. Also it is very difficult to drink water as it tastes bitter.

I chew ice cubes in place of water, eat crackers, dry meat and fish, sour tasting wine and fruits, pepper soup helps me a lot too.

2 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Splendblex(f): 9:24pm On Aug 05, 2014
mytestimony:

Ah legs swelling at 4 weeks hmmmm i dunno about that o. I still have serious nausea. They gave me medicine for rhe vomiting when they admitted me and I am not through with it. My sister just started cooking again and I had to run out. Imagine! I tried staying and saying to myself that it is a thing of the mind. Nobody told me to leave o. My symptoms started at 6 weeks.
Ehya but I hope you can eat d food o.pele
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Splendblex(f): 9:28pm On Aug 05, 2014
tchiwinnie: 4wks s quite early for ur legs to start swelling. Ope u ve registered for ANC already
No I haven't. I read about it and my sister who is a nurse told me things I ought to do.I will register soon.Thanks
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by mytestimony: 9:40pm On Aug 05, 2014
Splendblex:
Ehya but I hope you can eat d food o.pele

I refused the food as usual o. But funny enough when dh was eating I now begged him for some. So embarrassing. I am glad I begged for food in my own house not outside. So suprised I enjoyed it so much
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Splendblex(f): 9:43pm On Aug 05, 2014
mytestimony:

I refused the food as usual o. But funny enough when dh was eating I now begged him for some. So embarrassing. I am glad I begged for food in my own house not outside. So suprised I enjoyed it so much
Hahaha, see what pregnancy can cause o.It changes one completely.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by mkoabiola: 11:50pm On Aug 05, 2014
Pls,hw is 13weeks old pregnancy.
D signs and symptoms?
Thnks.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by lovinam: 7:28am On Aug 06, 2014
Pregnancy for every woman is different. Can you share what you are experiencing so we know how to help you. God bless you
mkoabiola: Pls,hw is 13weeks old pregnancy.
D signs and symptoms?
Thnks.

(1) (2) (3) ... (210) (211) (212) (213) (214) (215) (216) ... (6956) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.