Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,010 members, 7,817,977 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 01:04 AM

Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk - Health (214) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk (8147834 Views)

Birth Defects: Are You Pregnant Or Planning To? What You Need To Know! (pics) / Can I Still Get Pregnant Or Do I Remove The Fibroid / Revealed: The Secret Fertility System That Cures Infertility & Get You Pregnant (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (211) (212) (213) (214) (215) (216) (217) ... (6956) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by lovinam: 7:31am On Aug 06, 2014
My dear go and register for ANC. I know your sister is a nurse but physical examination is also good. Leg swelling at 4weeks? Go and get yourself chcked. I pray for a smooth and stress free pregnancy for you
Splendblex:
No I haven't. I read about it and my sister who is a nurse told me things I ought to do.I will register soon.Thanks
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by lovinam: 7:38am On Aug 06, 2014
@ mytestimony and beedam

Lol @ your experiences. Pregnancy can change women eh. You just start acting funny. Something I did that worked for me.
1. Chew your food slowly. Make sure you belch after a spoonful. I eat a small plate of food for 30mins. If I don't do that , it means the food will come right out after it enters my tummy.

2. After eating sit still. Don't go jumping around

3. I ate a lot of ice cubes especially at night. That's the only time I was able to get liquid in. Don't drink water while eating o.

4. I drank a lot of lucozade with crushed ice.

5. Ensure you take your vitamins. If u can't take it in the morning, then take at night.

Hehehheheeh all this on top baby mata. It is well with us jare. I pray for a smooth Pregnancy for you all.

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Splendblex(f): 7:40am On Aug 06, 2014
lovinam: My dear go and register for ANC. I know your sister is a nurse but physical examination is also good. Leg swelling at 4weeks? Go and get yourself chcked. I pray for a smooth and stress free pregnancy for you
Amen o . Thanks
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by mytestimony: 8:32am On Aug 06, 2014
lovinam: @ mytestimony and beedam

Lol @ your experiences. Pregnancy can change women eh. You just start acting funny. Something I did that worked for me.
1. Chew your food slowly. Make sure you belch after a spoonful. I eat a small plate of food for 30mins. If I don't do that , it means the food will come right out after it enters my tummy.

2. After eating sit still. Don't go jumping around

3. I ate a lot of ice cubes especially at night. That's the only time I was able to get liquid in. Don't drink water while eating o.

4. I drank a lot of lucozade with crushed ice.

5. Ensure you take your vitamins. If u can't take it in the morning, then take at night.

Hehehheheeh all this on top baby mata. It is well with us jare. I
pray for a smooth Pregnancy for you all.

Thanks @lovinam I tried chewing ice yesterday and it was great. The feeling is just wonderful. A plate for 30 mins? Hmmm I will try o. My problem is that I am always sleepy. So once I eat its very hard to stay up. I wil try. Thanks for the tips.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by beedam(f): 10:28am On Aug 06, 2014
@ lovinam, thanks so much. It's getting better by the day just that I now feel I carry a baby in me. It's no more the usual way my belly feel kinda empty. @splendflex, I also had a swollen leg at week 4 and I was afraid. I went to the clinic and I was asked to do "urine analysis" which was done at a cost of 600 or 1000 cos I haven't register for antenatal wen it happened. The result came out and it read that I had "trace of protein " in my urine. I was advised to start taking protein in moderation. And it went down within two weeks cos I took little protein for like a week. Now I make sure I eat balance diet. Lest I forget, you need to register for antenatal as soon as possible. It's never too early to start antenatal. There was a day I had appointment with the doctor cos I registered in a govt. Hospital. The nurses that are to first attend to us who are to do urine test, temperature, bp, weight, height and the likes gave a kind of look cos I told her I was 5weeks and she was like "5weeks or 15weeks" and I repeated what I said. She just did as if there is a specific stage for registration but I care less abt her attitude. But let me be sincere with you, it pays to start antenatal early cos "NO TWO PREGNANCIES ARE THE SAME" let your doctor be your guide. Thanks.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by atonementchild: 10:52am On Aug 06, 2014
Morng mama,was laughing as was reading the differant posts.
1. No two pregnancies are the same
2 symptoms are generalized,some may be the same and some totally differnt.
3. Tell your doctor every thing you are feeling no matter how silly it sounds.
For weeks I was eating poorly,could cook but preferred to buy my own food from outside.my appetite has not improved but must eat for my baby,imagine I have no pleasure in eating. I'm 22 weeks gone now but feel great and have this beautiful glow about me. Taking it one day at a time and loving it.

3 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Twinmama(f): 11:00am On Aug 06, 2014
Hi all hope u are enjoying ur Morning. May the presence of the Lord keep us always amen.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Joy4mi(f): 1:13pm On Aug 06, 2014
Twinmama happy belated bufdae. I wish more fulfilling yrs ahead with your triplets ofcourse hehehehe. U actually share the same date with my younger bro.

mamas aw una dey.
my chifreke, i bless God for making u deliver safely. As u don open door for we august mamas.may u be first in all u lay ur hands upon. Amen!!!!

August mamas mark register abeg,
joy4mi-present antytongue
simababe
topsmum
chiangel

any other august mama,register here o.

beeevan,lovinam,tchwinnie,twinmama good job my sabi mamas. God bless una hustle.

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by dhabeautyjas(f): 5:15pm On Aug 06, 2014
mytestimony:

Ah legs swelling at 4 weeks hmmmm i dunno about that o. I still have serious nausea. They gave me medicine for rhe vomiting when they admitted me and I am not through with it. My sister just started cooking again and I had to run out. Imagine! I tried staying and saying to myself that it is a thing of the mind. Nobody told me to leave o. My symptoms started at 6 weeks.
dear, sorry, i used palm oil instead of veg oil and it worked for me.
even wen making noddles. the smell of palm oil was my savior in nausea control. and i chewd bitter kola very well.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by dhabeautyjas(f): 5:16pm On Aug 06, 2014
Splendblex:
wow, do you still vomit? Am just 4 weeks gone but my legs are swelling already, I was told to stop eating food with salt.I dunno....
abeg go register, preggy cant csuse swollen leg at this stage. let ur doc know whats up
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by dhabeautyjas(f): 5:17pm On Aug 06, 2014
mkoabiola: Pls,hw is 13weeks old pregnancy.
D signs and symptoms?
Thnks.
madam, different strokes fot different folks in pregnancy. just take everyday as u see it. may u deliver safely.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by mytestimony: 5:20pm On Aug 06, 2014
dhabeautyjas:
dear, sorry, i used palm oil instead of veg oil and it worked for me.
even wen making noddles. the smell of palm oil was my savior in nausea control. and i chewd bitter kola very well.

Oh I used to think bitter cola is not good for a pregnant woman o thanks. I will try it as I have a lot of it.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by mytestimony: 5:22pm On Aug 06, 2014
I noticed that for two days now I wake up quite strong in d mornings. However once its like 3 pm I start getting weak and feel a lot of nausea too. It continues till I sleep. Should I be worried?
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by dhabeautyjas(f): 5:55pm On Aug 06, 2014
mytestimony:

Oh I used to think bitter cola is not good for a pregnant woman o thanks. I will try it as I have a lot of it.
not extremely much. i bite it small small like i can eat 1 in 3 days.

mytestimony: I noticed that for two days now I wake up quite strong in d mornings. However once its like 3 pm I start getting weak and feel a lot of nausea too. It continues till I sleep. Should I be worried?
talk to ur doctor to clear all doubt but i dont think its an issue. u re fine, stop panicing
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by beedam(f): 6:20pm On Aug 06, 2014
@ mytestimony, I don't have morning sickness but "evening sickness" too grin. My doctor says all is well and the sickness is going down too.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by mytestimony: 6:50pm On Aug 06, 2014
beedam: @ mytestimony, I don't have morning sickness but "evening sickness" too grin. My doctor says all is well and the sickness is going down too.

Ah ah u still have the sickness? Thought you should have passed that stage? Wish I could sleep and wake and my first trimester would be over.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Splendblex(f): 10:22pm On Aug 06, 2014
beedam thank you very much.You re right no pregnancy is d same o, this is my second and I never had a slight swelling through out my first. I didn't spit like pregnant women do .God will help us
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Twinmama(f): 10:52am On Aug 07, 2014
Joy4mi, thanks and regards to ur brother, actually I thought President Obama would send me a package, cos we share the same birthday lol.

All the pretty mamas, if u are nt pretty don't bother. how are u pushing August mamas e ku ise, e ku ifarada, it shall be easy.

The mama eating bitter kola, it's just a tiny one u put in ur mouth per time u may nt swallow it.

It's just to keep ur mouth from spit and avoid vomiting. U can google it if u want. Take care of urself.

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by ToyosiR(f): 1:03pm On Aug 07, 2014
@all, U na weldone ooooo.

@atonementChild, U are my senior for 2 weeks. I am just half-way.
My first trimester was stressful. I dont drink water at all. I drink lucozade boost and cold 7up. I hardly eat any food. but now,
I need help on the way I eat. I eat like something else and i am scared cos i don't want overweight baby ooo. My first child weighs 3.2 @ birth.
I will be starting ante-natal soon.

@ Chifreke, Congratulations to you as We await your birth story.

Greetings to all mamas

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by bestie101: 5:01pm On Aug 07, 2014
I'm 8 weeks today. been spitting like no other. I throw up once a day... or maybe twice.
I chewed ice cubes today and oh my... the feeling was great but I can't be chewing at work and let the whole thing be dripping on my books and papers. *heavy sigh*
I just can't wait for this to pass.

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by halimattt(f): 7:02pm On Aug 07, 2014
Hello all,
Am a silent follower, am 26weeks now. This is my third pregnancy. wishing all d pregnant mum a successful and stress free pregnancy.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by mytestimony: 7:35pm On Aug 07, 2014
[quote author=bestie101]I'm 8 weeks today. been spitting like no other. I throw up once a day... or maybe twice.
I chewed ice cubes today and oh my... the feeling was great but I can't be chewing at work and let the whole thing be dripping on my books and papers. *heavy sigh*
I just can't wait for this to

Congratulations @bestie101. I will be 8 weeks tomorrow. I tried putting small bitter cola in my mouth and it worked. Not much o small.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by chifreke(f): 12:55am On Aug 08, 2014
WHO SAID THERE IS NO GOD!
I SAW GOD IN ACTION.....
GOD HAS BLESSED MY FAMILY WITH A BBG ON THE 5TH OF AUGUST!
BIRTHSTORY LOADIN ..................15%
wink wink wink wink

for all the prayers rendered.....by all u beautiful mamas...our God annswered the perfectly
if God did it for me....all d belle full mamas fear not He will do it for u toooo...just believe and trust him

13 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Nobody: 6:45am On Aug 08, 2014
Ohh my my! What a faithful God!
His immeasurable love and grace reigns forever!
He blesses everyone equally; He doesn't have favorite.
May He rule forever.
Goodmorning mamas....
Happy birthday to those who celebrated....
Congratulations to the august mamas..... May joy never depart from your homes.. Amen.
Chifreke.. Do u know that my DIL share thesame birthdate with my kid sister.... This bond no be small thing oooo.... Biko help me deliver this divine kisses and hugs to her.
*awaits your birthstory*

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by lovinam: 7:12am On Aug 08, 2014
Glory to God! Hugs to our baby! We await your birth story
chifreke: WHO SAID THERE IS NO GOD!
I SAW GOD IN ACTION.....
GOD HAS BLESSED MY FAMILY WITH A BBG ON THE 5TH OF AUGUST!
BIRTHSTORY LOADIN ..................15%
wink wink wink wink

for all the prayers rendered.....by all u beautiful mamas...our God annswered the perfectly
if God did it for me....all d belle full mamas fear not He will do it for u toooo...just believe and trust him

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Otses(f): 8:22am On Aug 08, 2014
Wow, chifreke am so so happy for you, congratulations dear and welcome to our August princess, almost same date with my hubby. May the good Lord keep you both.
Goodmorning beautiful mamas may it be easy for all of us, and as many that has morning sickness be rest assured that its just a phase that will soon pass away.
Have a stressfree weekend ladies

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by chifreke(f): 10:31am On Aug 08, 2014
it all started on 1st August..i was already 41weeks plus 4days..i got so worried and my doc..couldnt even poke me (sweep membrane).
i changedd hospital this on 2nd the doc pocked me....and told me the baby is too high..the baby didnt decend.
after using epo
squat-lung-walk
kpekus my brains out
eat pineapple tire
breast stimulation and warm water massage
waka tire
i went back to hospital on 4th my doc offered to scan...lo and behold the water dried all....i neva leaked....but was told it dried into my system....the last resort Cs, i was booked on 5th.
i got so worry but i believed God..i was wheeled into theatre arround 4pm by 5pm i was out wit a bouncing baby girl 4.8kg
arround 10pm same day...i started bleeding uncontrollable...i was wheeled back to theatre. till 4 am on 6th. God brought me back....family almost loose hope....God kept me....it toook hours to wake me as i was told....God was faithful
i drank blood tire..God is too much! grin grin grin grin grin grin

Great is thy faithfullness
morning by morning New mercies i hav seen
All that i needed ur hands have provided
Great is thy faithfullness Lord unto me

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by smokeydrinky: 10:47am On Aug 08, 2014
congrats freke, kisses to ur lo
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by smokeydrinky: 10:47am On Aug 08, 2014
oh my!!! freke darling may Gods name be praised. He never fails. i know u and dd r doing good? just rest much and take care of u.

4.8? wow i doff cap. hoprle say baby looks lyk u?
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Oluqueen: 10:50am On Aug 08, 2014
Hello all, found out I was pregnant June, it has been quite terrible for my body to cope. Turns out I will be having a twin, bled and spotted for over two weeks, the worst of all is that I can't just eat well and my babies are taking it hard on me. I look so emaciated, I naturally don't eat much not to talk of now that I have lost appetite for both food and water.
I take anti malaria drug everyday cos the doc said I have malaria. I don't vomit though. Am just pretty scattered, wish there are alternatives to food.
Sorry for my long story. cry
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Julieni: 10:51am On Aug 08, 2014
chifreke: it all started on 1st August..i was already 41weeks plus 4days..i got so worried and my doc..couldnt even poke me (sweep membrane).
i changedd hospital this on 2nd the doc pocked me....and told me the baby is too high..the baby didnt decend.
after using epo
squat-lung-walk
kpekus my brains out
eat pineapple tire
breast stimulation and warm water massage
waka tire
i went back to hospital on 4th my doc offered to scan...lo and behold the water dried all....i neva leaked....but was told it dried into my system....the last resort Cs, i was booked on 5th.
i got so worry but i believed God..i was wheeled into theatre arround 4pm by 5pm i was out wit a bouncing baby girl 4.8kg
arround 10pm same day...i started bleeding uncontrollable...i was wheeled back to theatre. till 4 am on 6th. God brought me back....family almost loose hope....God kept me....it toook hours to wake me as i was told....God was faithful
i drank blood tire..God is too much! grin grin grin grin grin grin

morning by morning New mercies i hav seen
All that i needed ur hands have provided
Great is thy faithfullness Lord unto me
devil is a lier, chi thank God for you and baby... God is indeed a faithful God and will protect u n lo from every works of satan... I thank God for you dear... Congratulation sis.

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by dhabeautyjas(f): 10:59am On Aug 08, 2014
halimattt: Hello all,
Am a silent follower, am 26weeks now. This is my third pregnancy. wishing all d pregnant mum a successful and stress free pregnancy.

bestie101: I'm 8 weeks today. been spitting like no other. I throw up once a day... or maybe twice.
I just can't wait for this to pass.
welcome on board

(1) (2) (3) ... (211) (212) (213) (214) (215) (216) (217) ... (6956) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 4 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.