Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,386 members, 7,861,059 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 10:37 PM

Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk - Health (2424) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk (8267347 Views)

Birth Defects: Are You Pregnant Or Planning To? What You Need To Know! (pics) / Can I Still Get Pregnant Or Do I Remove The Fibroid / Revealed: The Secret Fertility System That Cures Infertility & Get You Pregnant (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2421) (2422) (2423) (2424) (2425) (2426) (2427) ... (6961) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by olamitie: 10:34am On Oct 13, 2016
For mamas that experienced cervical incompetence what were the symptoms? Can it be detected with scan? I feel this lower abdomen pressure wen I move around too often, my doctor said its cos I have added weight BT I don't trust did naija docs abeg,dont wana take chances.

Cc realdentist
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Besea(f): 10:53am On Oct 13, 2016
I know today is not fabulous Friday but I'm panicking please I need delivery hair inspiration.
Baby dropped /engaged yester night, I just gave myself sense I'm doing my hair this weekend or mid next week. Please help o. Iomoge2, PrincessKF, alphahandmaiden, etc. I don't want baby to come out and see mummy looking like a rastafarian.

4 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Besea(f): 10:57am On Oct 13, 2016
Godmother and serendipityF please head to the hospital. I hope u have packed ur bags because packing with contractions is not funny.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by callola: 11:00am On Oct 13, 2016
Olamitie, i think am also experiencing exactly what you are going through. I have google the signs which includes spotting. I just pray that laziness will let me go to the hospital. Its well with us.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by iomoge2(f): 11:03am On Oct 13, 2016
Wao... BellaElla.
Congratulations
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by nwarosa: 11:19am On Oct 13, 2016
olamitie:
For mamas that experienced cervical incompetence what were the symptoms? Can it be detected with scan? I feel this lower abdomen pressure wen I move around too often, my doctor said its cos I have added weight BT I don't trust did naija docs abeg,dont wana take chances.

Cc realdentist
I don't know if it has anything to do with anything but I was feeling the exact same way and lost my last pregnancy at 21 weeks. It felt almost like the baby was gradually sliding down.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by sugah: 11:21am On Oct 13, 2016
BritneyStacy:

Biko my sister's, maybe am over using the powder ooo. I use it every time he has his bath, after using the masage oil on him ,I rub the powder all over his body too. He bathes 2times a day. Then on hot afternoons, I rub the powder all over his body too. What am I not doing right ooo...
What exactly is the function of the powder? E be like say you don turn the thing to body lotion.
Remember, apart from the respiratory ish powder would also clog the pores. Let your baby's skin breathe.

4 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by realdentist(f): 11:32am On Oct 13, 2016
olamitie:

Cc realdentist

My dear, lower abdominal pressure does not necessarily mean incompetent cervix. some times it may not even have any sign. some women just luckily pick it on a routine scan.

what u shd do is go to a good sonographer and tell them to check ur cervix length and if it's closed. it should b closed till u're full term.
At 16 to 20 weeks, normal cervical length is 4.0 to 4.5 cm
At 24 to 28 weeks, normal cervical length is 3.5 to 4.0 cm
At 32 to 36 weeks, normal cervical length is 3.0 to 3.5 cm. (this one na text book stuff sha. in some cases it can be a little shorter than 4cm even early in the pregnancy and the woman would still carry to term). but just know that the worst it should get to is 3cm.

when my doc saw d length of my cervix at 12 weeks, he said we shd hold on with the cerclage first because my cervix was far longer than d reference value of 3cm. if it gets to that or below, then they would put a cerclage. so I have been doing regular scans every 2-3 weeks to check d length.
I'm 20 weeks now and so far d length has been good, and cervix remains closed. (it shall remain so in Jesus name).
so my dear, to be on the safe side, do regular scans till 24 weeks. that's what I plan to do.

but aside d heaviness, do u have any other reason to suspect CI? how many weeks are u now?

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by iomoge2(f): 11:35am On Oct 13, 2016
Besea:
I know today is not fabulous Friday but I'm panicking please I need delivery hair inspiration.
Baby dropped /engaged yester night, I just gave myself sense I'm doing my hair this weekend or mid next week. Please help o. Iomoge2, PrincessKF, alphahandmaiden, etc. I don't want baby to come out and see mummy looking like a rastafarian.

Abeg quote me when u get style grin cheesy cheesy
Na same shoe we dey.

Hubby say make i do didi and carry wig follow body.
Lol
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by realdentist(f): 11:39am On Oct 13, 2016
Besea:
target a style that u can carry for a long time. eg kinky braids, preferably using crochet style. I've been carrying mine for over 2 months now (covers face in shame). I just can't help it jare. the older it gets, the finer it looks.
for a Fuller look u can use 3 packets of noble gold kinky Bob. then style as desired

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by tikosdear(f): 12:00pm On Oct 13, 2016
Hello Mamas in the house, I hail everyone and congrats to mamas that have given birth, I am on second missionary journey, from my calculation, likely to be team June2017, hope I am welcomed? Any team June in the House?

17 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by JUMAYIN(f): 12:11pm On Oct 13, 2016
Besea:
hmmm teamie, how did u know your baby dropped/engaged

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by princessKF(f): 12:48pm On Oct 13, 2016
Besea:

Lol... baby will understand na grin grin maybe u shlD braid your hair... braiding can last for at least two to three months
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by rofemiguwa(f): 12:48pm On Oct 13, 2016
JUMAYIN:
hmmm teamie, how did u know your baby dropped/engaged
As i see ur name i rush open the thread.i tink sey u don born make i come chope owabe rice .choi!! Hehehehehe

How are u doing and howz the family.

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by adukemoi: 12:54pm On Oct 13, 2016
simababe:
We agreed to the csectn, was wheeled into the theatre by 11pm, baby came out 11:22pm, dh saw his head that it was already formin one kind lump at the back n I head when they said his left leg was stucked in me. Thank God I went that path cos only God knowz wot cud av hapnd. Baby A'Ahad Olayiwola Owolabi came out weighing 4.03kg n wasn't affected by my rhesus factor cos that was my major concern. Thanks n God bless u all.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by olamitie: 1:04pm On Oct 13, 2016
realdentist:

so my dear, to be on the safe side, do regular scans till 24 weeks. that's what I plan to do.

but aside d heaviness, do u have any other reason to suspect CI? how many weeks are u now?
OK dear will go for scan and check for the cervical length.. No other symptom, no spotting,I'm 17weeks + now....
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by ultimatebunmi1(f): 1:42pm On Oct 13, 2016
tipsyjules:
MY BIRTH STORY part 2.

When I finally got discharged I started sitting on hot water,i mean the type they use on chickens to remove hairs.See me opening my legs wide so that the heat can penetrate not knowing I was digging my grave.On the 5th day been Sunday I decided to summon up courage to look at my episiotomy because I made up my mind not to look at it because of fear. So I snapped it and did not understand why it was like that. To me I felt that was how it was supposed to be.So I decided to send the picture to DH with the intention of making him feel bad or have a clue of what i went through .He was like babe your episiotomy is open o.I started laughing because I felt he wanted to criticise the work of a Nigerian Dr as he never liked the idea of me giving birth here. He got serious and started using some medical terms to explain still I wasn't understanding what he was saying .He said I should rush back to the hospital to get checked to know if I needed to be re stitched. I almost pooed on my body.After all the pains I went through?? I just controlled myself and waited for my MIL to come back so I can show her too.I later showed my MIL, she was speechless so she called our Dr in calabar and explained to him,that one too said I needed to be re stitched na there wey I bust cry o,i started thinking of those instruments.I called my Dr too,he said there was no need to be re stitched, I became confused o. He was like I know your scared that your jajaina will be loose and your husband will not enjoy you again.That was the same thing my sister told me when she was singing hot water sit bath. She kept saying please use hot water so that your body will close back and your husband will feel you well. The next day been immunisation I got prepared and went back to the hospital. My MIL took baby for immunisation while I went for my own check up.Those nurses almost made me mad.The nurse that discharged indicated that my baby had been immunised and even wrote a wrong date on the card.They almost did not want to immunise my baby because they said he's been given.I talk tire that am not a dunce of slowpoke that will not know or see when they were immunising him.No be small confusion that they even stopped attending to other women because of us.I was just trying to control my anger.Only for them to take it to the lady that discharged me she immediately saw it and started saying that she made mistake abi person no dey make mistake?? Imagine after all the embarrassment especially as I was a FTM they believe we don't know anything. I went back to the Dr he checked me and told me I needed to be re stitched, tears rolled down my cheeks. He gave me my bill I just told him to go ahead.Mehn see him slicing my skin na,he gave me anaesthesia but I was still feeling the pains. Before he could finish scraping out the old wound the anaesthesia stopped working so I started feeling the main pains.I couldn't hold it again o I started shouting and begging him to gimme another anaesthesia I was given another one yet I could still feel the needle piercing through my skin.My only consolation was my son,that was what I was using to cool my brain.When he finally finished I couldn't move o,my jajaina felt like I just got butchered. I managed to enter th car but couldn't close my legs. I was just crying all through till we got home.I couldn't breastfeed my baby,i couldn't even carry or look at him I was just crying and asking God to take away the pains. My MIL fed baby with NAN because I couldn't breastfeed and I had no milk sef. Twas more painful because DH isn't around to pet and rub my back.But I give God the Glory for everything. LO got circumcised on Friday. We are doing great and fine.
May God help this our Nigeria hospitals.See the way my baby was abandoned by the window. All the cold, to the extent that rain even poured on him because they left their window open while they were gossiping. I started shouting MY BABY!!!!!!!!!! They carried him and even had the mind to say Madam dey there o no stand up take care of your baby.Meanwhile I couldn't even stand or sit because of pains and twas still dem that said I shouldn't carry him.I couldn't hold back the tears,i was just wishing American embassy gave me visa,atleast my baby would have been well taken care of and myself too.See us begging nurses to check us na,they were just doing eye service of walking up and down yet wasn't doing anything. When you complain they will just ask if your a FTM if you say yes then whatever your feeling is normal without even taking a second look at you or the baby.Their concern is money.The delivery fee doesn't cover for anything at all. I practically paid for everything including syringe, hand gloves etc meanwhile I had all those things in my hospital bag but dunno how everything disappeared that I had to start buying them again.We paid for 3days but only stayed one night just because they needed space for new people.And they don't refund or even talk to you nicely o.The money we spent was more than the delivery fee.I thank God my baby and I are doing fine.We had to do the circumcision at GH because i wasn't aware I was supposed to book ahead and nobody told us even at antenatal. So all the spaces had been booked till the 3rd week and by then my baby will be one month plus.I just wonder why they don't give these babies anaesthesia because that pain no be here,i practically joined my baby in crying o.My MIL was laughing at me.I thank God it was successful, and the ring came out on the 3rd day.Vigilante is real o but the joy in holding your baby is priceless.
God that did it for me will do it for all the ATC mamas.
congratulations am so happy for u GOD bless the little baby,plz would like to ask if this hospital is a general or a private hospital

2 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by serendipityF: 1:43pm On Oct 13, 2016
Thanks ma, I have done that...tired of waiting already

Besea:
Godmother and serendipityF please head to the hospital. I hope u have packed ur bags because packing with contractions is not funny.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by AlphaHandMaiden(f): 2:19pm On Oct 13, 2016
Besea:

I agree with realdentist. Kinky twists was it for me. I took mine for almost 3 months!

Just do it long enough that you can pack it up well. as you fit ask for scissors cut the hair in the heat of labour if it touch your face or back.

4 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by missade(f): 2:25pm On Oct 13, 2016
Besea:

Most times, they advise you do sth you carry for a while like braids.

But as for me, I'm just looking for sth simple like I will plait it all back moderate length as I don't know if I will be looking for scissors to cut the braid when the time comes, lol. Besides, I just never seem to carry braids for long, the longer it stays, I start breaking out.

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by jazzyjazz: 2:29pm On Oct 13, 2016
I plan to do any of these four styles. But I think I'll most likely settle for the second style. It's a bit of single braids at the back, then 3 steps weaving.
Or u can braid kinky style like realdentist and Alphahandmaiden have suggested
Hope it helps

Cc besea
Cc iomoge2

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by chizeal(f): 2:30pm On Oct 13, 2016
Glo network won't allow. Me participate in thread cuties ooo. Wat I do now cry

Dos mama's intending to birth in general Isolo, dnt knw abt oda hospital, b careful oo, especially if u ain't using a private ward lik I didn't. D nurses Wil chase all relatives at night, wen dey are gone, dey Wil hide somewhere ND sleep off. Unaware of any later issue.

Dat was how a woman lost her baby after giving birth the cs due to negligence on her part ND d nurses. D nurses dnt check baby's Temperature unless u insist.

I tnk God for my mum who was dir and would return after d nurses must hav slept and b sure baby is fyn. Sometimes baby can be exchanged ooo, due to how public d ward is. Tnk God we are back with our own bundle of joy.

Note all intending mama's

4 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by jazzyjazz: 2:34pm On Oct 13, 2016
Na wa o for this country and our general hospitals! Chaii!!!
Stories like this is the reason why I told dh that we must use a reputable private hospital no matter the cost since we could not afford going abroad!

May God help all pregnant women in Nigeria!

chizeal:
Glo network won't allow. Me participate in thread cuties ooo. Wat I do now cry

Dos mama's intending to birth in general Isolo, dnt knw abt oda hospital, b careful oo, especially if u ain't using a private ward lik I didn't. D nurses Wil chase all relatives at night, wen dey are gone, dey Wil hide somewhere ND sleep off. Unaware of any later issue.

Dat was how a woman lost her baby after giving birth the cs due to negligence on her part ND d nurses. D nurses dnt check baby's Temperature unless u insist.

I tnk God for my mum who was dir and would return after d nurses must hav slept and b sure baby is fyn. Sometimes baby can be exchanged ooo, due to how public d ward is. Tnk God we are back with our own bundle of joy.

Note all intending mama's
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by BeeBlossoms: 2:37pm On Oct 13, 2016
Sabi mommas, abeg o, I had preterm labour on Tuesday and was placed on salbutamol and paracetamol since then., but reading online is making me see that salbutamol is a steroid and has bad side effects, does it make it unsafe for me and baby?
Also, if I am to stop it, would it be cold Turkey style of can I just stop abruptly? Please don't read and pass o

#teanJanuary
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by jazzyjazz: 2:39pm On Oct 13, 2016
Hahahahaha. I hail o!!!
You sure say u want make I add ya ration? Shey u no go complain? cheesy cheesy cheesy

We will be 27weeks in a few days and I just can't wait

I'm waddling o!
Back pain, waist pain, breast tenderness, nausea and vomiting and I am beginning to sleep at every opportunity I get

3rd trimester is not easy o!
Lo kicks so hard this days that sometimes I scream. If I sleep for too long, the boy go kick me till I wake up!

My doctor say make I no carry any heavy load, make I no bend, say make I just de chill. Lol. Came back and told dh. Any time he sees me bend small, he will say "remember doctor said no bending"

We thank God for this gift of pregnancy o! And we pray every woman TTC and ATC and GTC will come and join us soon

kemesty:
Team January kwenu, jazzyjazz kwenu, cappo sixx kwezuenu o. As if i understood the language. Well , i greet all team January.
Officially in my third trimester. Week 28 and everything has been great.

I have been welcomed to this trimester with nausea and heaviness in my pelvis. I was looking for bump and kicks, now i have for sale . There's a sharp contrast in this trimester. Looks like an excavation job is going on in my jajaina. Lol. At any slight opportunity, i am off to dream land.

I have not started shopping proper but just got the complete delivery items for now. Will try and do so asap. I don't intend buying much and 'luxury items' as this is my last baby by God's grace. Boot hanging as soon as i am done .

I take my prenatals regularly and i discovered if i don't take them, extreme tiredness sets in. So i don't joke with them. I even got the complete pack that will last me till after birth.
I eat normally as i don't have weird and extra cravings. For those who can eat for africa like jazzyjazz, pls add my ration.
Clothes no longer fit at all. I thank God , i still have the strenght to run my business.

May God be with us all and keep us to deliver healthy babies and fathers alive with plenty money.
#teamjanuaryforsupernaturaldeliveries#

5 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by jazzyjazz: 2:41pm On Oct 13, 2016
Cc soonest she's the pharmacist in the house

May God keep your baby to term. Keep praying for him/her
It is well with you

BeeBlossoms:
Sabi mommas, abeg o, I had preterm labour on Tuesday and was placed on salbutamol and paracetamol since then., but reading online is making me see that salbutamol is a steroid and has bad side effects, does it make it unsafe for me and baby?
Also, if I am to stop it, would it be cold Turkey style of can I just stop abruptly? Please don't read and pass o

#teanJanuary
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by sugah: 3:11pm On Oct 13, 2016
BeeBlossoms:

#teanJanuary
I know steroids are given to help mature the baby's lungs in case of preterm labour.
Do not stop the drugs without consulting your doctor.

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Godmother(f): 3:26pm On Oct 13, 2016
Ammy5565:

Me think u shud see ur doc asap. Maybe lo is finally on the way as u ve been bugging him/her cheesy
God's grace ma.

Thanks mama.I called my doc and he told me to stay put since the contraction isn't regular yet.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Godmother(f): 3:31pm On Oct 13, 2016
Besea:

My bag is packed already, just waiting to see if the contractions become regular since my doc asked me to chill
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by BeeBlossoms: 3:33pm On Oct 13, 2016
Thanks sis and amen

jazzyjazz:
Cc soonest she's the pharmacist in the house

May God keep your baby to term. Keep praying for him/her
It is well with you

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by BeeBlossoms: 3:33pm On Oct 13, 2016
Alrighty, thanks momma

sugah:

I know steroids are given to help mature the baby's lungs in case of preterm labour.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by BeeBlossoms: 3:34pm On Oct 13, 2016
Thanks momma, will do

sugah:

(1) (2) (3) ... (2421) (2422) (2423) (2424) (2425) (2426) (2427) ... (6961) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 7 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 96
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.