Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,345 members, 7,860,887 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 06:08 PM

Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk - Health (2426) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk (8266346 Views)

Birth Defects: Are You Pregnant Or Planning To? What You Need To Know! (pics) / Can I Still Get Pregnant Or Do I Remove The Fibroid / Revealed: The Secret Fertility System That Cures Infertility & Get You Pregnant (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2423) (2424) (2425) (2426) (2427) (2428) (2429) ... (6961) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Favouredmom(f): 8:24pm On Oct 13, 2016
@ Ammy5565, I wouldn't start long walks at 29 weeks if I were you. I won't want to risk my baby coming so early just in case. It's my opinion though but other more experienced mums can advise better. I've noticed when I engage in too much strenuous activities, I feel pressure in my lower abdomen. That's when I usually borrow myself brain that I need to take a break. Maybe it's because my own case is generally termed a high risk pregnancy due to the double double factor.

@ jazzyjazz, relax joor. Third trimester has not started, wait till you are officially 28 weeks pregnant then you will know how far grin

@ mr doctor with fat fingers, I hope someone that knows him personally will see all these complaints and advise him to change. His bad practices could come back to mar his career later in life.

2 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by jazzyjazz: 8:30pm On Oct 13, 2016
We just de kill ourselves for naija honestly! 
Abroad, giving birth is easy and almost painless because there are so many options to choose from. But in naija? Mba! U must born like say u de remote village with no hospital or doctors

Ammy5565:
Goodevening mamas
Pls i need insight on a thot i just started having. I just got back from my 1hr evening walk which I started doing as I clocked 28wks. I'm currently 29wks. While on it today, I remembered some mamas here have used walking to bring on labour when they were term, so I started wondering if it's too early to be taking walks and whether it can bring on premature labour. It's not easy taking those walks but I try to because of the perceived benefits, lemme nt use my own hand and cause problems for myself.
Pls mamas, no waka pass. Help a jjc sista.
Tanchu

Jazzyjazz baby, na so I ask my doc at military hospital today if they give epidural, the guy laff say na 'psychological epidural ' them dey give grin
I just vex no be small. That he encourages women when they are in labour. Say epidural na for oyinbo ppl.
Imagine oh.

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by BeeBlossoms: 8:34pm On Oct 13, 2016
Yes ma,thanks for your response,really appreciate.
The ones with me will last for 7 days, but I am to report to the clinic tomorrow, so they might gimme more or ask me to atop, dunno yet.

realdentist:

Pls take ur salbutamol as prescribed. the doctor knows why they prescribed it for u like that. ur case will be different from mine ijn. that was how I was forming googling the side effects of salbutamol when I had preterm contractions at 16weeks and I now "advised" myself not to take it and ended up losing that pregnancy. a lot of women hv taken it n still ended up with healthy babies.
if I may ask how long was it prescribed for?
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by tipsyjules(f): 8:43pm On Oct 13, 2016
[quote author=Teal post=50175911][/quote]
Yes o. Jeeeeeeeeeez!!! What a small world. See me screaming in surprise o.Its me o my sister.But I can't remember your face again o.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by jazzyjazz: 8:48pm On Oct 13, 2016
Ah don't say that o!
I no care how dem de calculate am o!
All I knw be say me I don enter 3rd trimester!
D heaviness I'm beginning to feel is not here at all!!!

I feel like dangote trailer that carries cement
Favouredmom:
@ Ammy5565, I wouldn't start long walks at 29 weeks if I were you. I won't want to risk my baby coming so early just in case. It's my opinion though but other more experienced mums can advise better. I've noticed when I engage in too much strenuous activities, I feel pressure in my lower abdomen. That's when I usually borrow myself brain that I need to take a break. Maybe it's because my own case is generally termed a high risk pregnancy due to the double double factor.

@ jazzyjazz, relax joor. Third trimester has not started, wait till you are officially 28 weeks pregnant then you will know how far grin

@ mr doctor with fat fingers, I hope someone that knows him personally will see all these complaints and advise him to change. His bad practices could come back to mar his career later in life.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by tipsyjules(f): 8:51pm On Oct 13, 2016
Akorkor:

I think we need to spread the name of this doctor. On twitter, on nairaland, on facebook and every other social media until he lose his job. If he is tired of the profession and lack manners he should quit. Not by force nah. I think we should use him as samples for all other doctors in Nigeria.

I wont be able to do this because i am not the one involved, but if you post it on any social media please i will support the campaign until government hear our cry. He does not need to be in that profession at all. He is a he goat that just use human body to cover. * So angry*

I concur o but sadly am not on twitter, just instagram and Facebook o.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Favouredmom(f): 8:54pm On Oct 13, 2016
jazzyjazz:
Ah don't say that o!

Ah Pele! I can totally relate

Is it only me that feels like since I clocked 30 weeks, the days just seem to crawl?
And about what you said @ jazzy about giving birth abroad, I pray I have a pleasant experience here but from the little I've seen in their clinics and hospital, it's true they treat you like a VIP with smiles and so much love. Your health and comfort come first no matter what. They even offer free birth classes to get you acquainted with different birthing styles ahead of time.
I'm certain there are very good hospitals too in Nigeria but they may be quite expensive, Nigeria will get there soon by Gods grace.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by tipsyjules(f): 8:58pm On Oct 13, 2016
jazzyjazz:
My sister, me I can't afford to be hearing stories that touch!

I'm carrying the first grandchild in dh's family, and this is also my mum's first grand child, so nobody just want hear say wahala de!

That's why I jejely carried myself to Limi Hospital. Private and very expensive! And they care too much about their reputation so they don't even mess up!!!

When u enter the hospital, no matter how tiny you look na "welcome ma" you go de hear everywhere!

May God help us all

My sister na the mistake wey we make and because We don't really know places in abuja as we are new.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Purity77: 9:00pm On Oct 13, 2016
ozycy:

Thank you mummy Purity, no mind me, not like am hoarding her bday, will let you guys know when the official birthday will take place.
OK.
Wishing her an eventful celebration!
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by jazzyjazz: 9:05pm On Oct 13, 2016
It is well o!
Thank God you and your baby came out alive!

tipsyjules:

My sister na the mistake wey we make and because We don't really know places in abuja as we are new.

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by enoqueen: 9:06pm On Oct 13, 2016
Still selling

Call 08173639256

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by jazzyjazz: 9:08pm On Oct 13, 2016
I'm sure you'll have a pleasant experience. 
I watch a lot of birth series like "one born every minute" and other videos on youtube. 
Their nurses are courteous and guide women in labor very well from what I've watched. 
I'm sure other mamas that gave birth abroad can also testify to that.  

I just wish naaija was more like that.  

Favouredmom:

Is it only me that feels like since I clocked 30 weeks, the days just seem to crawl?
And about what you said @ jazzy about giving birth abroad, I pray I have a pleasant experience here but from the little I've seen in their clinics and hospital, it's true they treat you like a VIP with smiles and so much love. Your health and comfort come first no matter what. They even offer free birth classes to get you acquainted with different birthing styles ahead of time.
I'm certain there are very good hospitals too in Nigeria but they may be quite expensive, Nigeria will get there soon by Gods grace.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Nobody: 9:19pm On Oct 13, 2016
jazzyjazz:

Their nurses are courteous and guide women in labor very well from what I've watched. 
I'm sure other mamas that gave birth abroad can also testify to that.  

I just wish naaija was more like that.  

Could it also be because their nurses over there are paid so handsomely? wink

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by enque(f): 9:21pm On Oct 13, 2016
Favouredmom, not only u... D weeks feel so slow since I got to 30weeks... 2nd trimester flew so fast, or maybe its just d feeling of 'd closer it gets, d farther it seems'.

Favouredmom:

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Purity77: 9:31pm On Oct 13, 2016
Besea:
Thank you realdentist, alphahandmaiden, missade, PrincessKF and jazzyjazz kinky is the way to go. Iomoge2 I'm doing kinky twists o. I'll post a picture of me at 38 weeks in first preggy and the waist length hairstyle I did which I almost cut with scissors when I was in labour, well because of the plenty scratching I did then I had to loose it 1 week pp dats y I ran here for help.
smiley very wise decision. I was wondering how one will manage in such situation with all the long attachment dangling from here & there.

Kinky braids is the way to go any day, any time.

2 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Teal: 9:49pm On Oct 13, 2016
Wow!!! Am screaming here too. My prayers and thoughts were with you.......even when i went back to be induced on 25th, i still thought of you praying you had safe delivery. am glad you are ok now. Congrats once again.
I can so relate with all you went through.......be thankful you spent just a day there o my sister......i spent 5days, i must to cry everyday not even due to the pains i was in but the nurses non challant attitude and negligence. I was warned too o by doctors from another hospital but it was too late as my HMO was registered with them and then i thought it must be the bad eggs among them thats giving such bad impression as i was impressed by the neat surroundings and ANC was ok all through.
In all, thank God we are ok with our LOs.

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Teal: 9:58pm On Oct 13, 2016
undecided

10 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Akorkor(f): 10:15pm On Oct 13, 2016
@Teal,waiting patiently for the BS continuation.
@favouredmom,@enque.... thought I was the only one ohhh. I was seriously complaining to my colleague today that this week is too slow. It is well with us oh.

December for swift and easy delivery.

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by tipsyjules(f): 10:21pm On Oct 13, 2016
Teal:
Wow!!! Am screaming here too. My prayers and thoughts were with you.......even when i went back to be induced on 25th, i still thought of you praying you had safe delivery. am glad you are ok now. Congrats once again.
I can so relate with all you went through.......be thankful you spent just a day there o my sister......i spent 5days, i must to cry everyday not even due to the pains i was in but the nurses non challant attitude and negligence. I was warned too o by doctors from another hospital but it was too late as my HMO was registered with them and then i thought it must be the bad eggs among them thats giving such bad impression as i was impressed by the neat surroundings and ANC was ok all through.
In all, thank God we are ok with our LOs.

Eyah thanks my sister. My dear that hospital is something else o.Na the environment attract my MIL too o.Please I nees uer number or pin that If u dnt mind so that I can atleaat recall your face because av been trying to place the face but I cant.Please complete your BS o.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by soonest(f): 10:30pm On Oct 13, 2016
jazzyjazz:
Cc soonest she's the pharmacist in the house

May God keep your baby to term. Keep praying for him/her
It is well with you

@beeblossoms, salbutamol is not a steroid. In this case it's a tocolytic meaning it relaxes the uterine muscles to prevent further contraction. Pls don't stop taking it until your doctor says so.
It's well with you
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by nwarosa: 10:34pm On Oct 13, 2016
realdentist:

so sorry for ur loss. after going so far...hmmm. what was d state of ur cervix during previous scan(s)?
Nothing specific was said. But the doc recommended a cerclage which I didn't do.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Sixx: 11:25pm On Oct 13, 2016
kemesty:
Team January kwenu, cappo sixx kwezuenu o. As if i understood the language. Well , i greet all team January.
Officially in my third trimester. Week 28 and everything has been great.
Clothes no longer fit at all. I thank God , i still have the strenght to run my business.
May God be with us all and keep us to deliver healthy babies and fathers alive with plenty money.
#teamjanuaryforsupernaturaldeliveries#
You try 4 d language my sister. Welcome 2 third trimester, me I still dey week 26, n d symptoms are bae, braxton hicks n lo has been expecially tireless 4 2 days now, boy has got a lot of energy while me dey here dey tire. N sis, I no get cloth again too o only 3 gown n wrapper for house which I evn loose after lyk 2 seconds n walk about wit it gathererd inbetween my legs because notin is just comfy anymore. Can't wait 2 end ds journey in praise o, I tire. To carry belle no easy.

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by AlphaHandMaiden(f): 11:38pm On Oct 13, 2016
BeeBlossoms:
Sabi mommas, abeg o, I had preterm labour on Tuesday and was placed on salbutamol and paracetamol since then., but reading online is making me see that salbutamol is a steroid and has bad side effects, does it make it unsafe for me and baby?
Also, if I am to stop it, would it be cold Turkey style of can I just stop abruptly? Please don't read and pass o

#teanJanuary

Why not go back to your doctor and seek advise. NL is not the place to take advise regarding medication that could have very adverse consequencies. You have a doctor for that purpose. If you feel you need a 2nd opinion, go to another doctor or another hospital.

There is most likely a reason you were given.
Steriods are sometimes given to very early pre-term babies to allow some of their organs e.g lungs to develope faster to enhance their survivial before they are brought out via cs.

So take any advise other than your doctor's with some caution.

3 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by MineMK(f): 11:49pm On Oct 13, 2016
jazzyjazz:
Hahahahaha. I hail o!!!
You sure say u want make I add ya ration? Shey u no go complain? cheesy cheesy cheesy

We will be 27weeks in a few days and I just can't wait

I'm waddling o!
Back pain, waist pain, breast tenderness, nausea and vomiting and I am beginning to sleep at every opportunity I get

3rd trimester is not easy o!
Lo kicks so hard this days that sometimes I scream. If I sleep for too long, the boy go kick me till I wake up!

My doctor say make I no carry any heavy load, make I no bend, say make I just de chill. Lol. Came back and told dh. Any time he sees me bend small, he will say "remember doctor said no bending"

We thank God for this gift of pregnancy o! And we pray every woman TTC and ATC and GTC will come and join us soon

@jazzyjazz..Congratulations! We serve a faithful GOD and A resounding Amen to your prayers. Hebrew women delivery experience is your portion.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by bussy2rhymes(f): 11:59pm On Oct 13, 2016
Good evening mamas, I went for ANC today. I was told to come for induction on my EDD which is next week. The reason is that I am Rhesus negative and also ask to get Anti-rhogam on my admission. Any mama experienced this??

Pls help with where I can get the anti-rhogam in lagos mainland and the cost.

I have started my long walk and climbing stairs for past 2 weeks. what else can I do to induce labour naturally as I have my fears for induction and my dh isn't around.

The doctor also said my purging after eating is just a way my body is preparing for Labour.

Please help your sister

Cc: Feddy27
And everyone I don't know everyone monikers.

Thanks

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Sixx: 12:30am On Oct 14, 2016
BeeBlossoms:
Sabi mommas, abeg o, I had preterm labour on Tuesday and was placed on salbutamol and paracetamol since then., but reading online is making me see that salbutamol is a steroid and has bad side effects, does it make it unsafe for me and baby?
Also, if I am to stop it, would it be cold Turkey style of can I just stop abruptly? Please don't read and pass o

#teanJanuary
Teamie it is well with u n ur lo, dnt knw about d medication but just pray n take whatever the doctors recommend and it shall go well with u. STOP googling, it will only bring down ur spirit more n discourage u. Imagine i just googled braxton hicks yestday morning n i opened one devilish site full of bad news concerning it, immediately preggy worry hormones set in n av been so depressed unnecessarily since yestday. Devil is a bastard. angry
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by chizeal(f): 12:47am On Oct 14, 2016
Vigilante is real mehn., congrats to all mama's dat hav delivered and easy delivery to the remaining mama's yet to put to bed. The Lord who did it for us, Wil do mighty things for you. Amen

3 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by feddy27: 12:58am On Oct 14, 2016
bussy2rhymes:
Good evening mamas, I went for ANC today. I was told to come for induction on my EDD which is next week. The reason is that I am Rhesus negative and also ask to get Anti-rhogam on my admission. Any mama experienced this??

Pls help with where I can get the anti-rhogam in lagos mainland and the cost.

I have started my long walk and climbing stairs for past 2 weeks. what else can I do to induce labour naturally as I have my fears for induction and my dh isn't around.

The doctor also said my purging after eating is just a way my body is preparing for Labour.

Please help your sister

Cc: Fed..dy27
And everyone I don't know everyone monikers.

Thanks

Thorpido, Gaily04, ubir Please help my teamie on this rhesus negative / rhogam matter.

Teamie, be positive. It will end in praise !
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by iomoge2(f): 2:02am On Oct 14, 2016
jazzyjazz:
Ah don't say that o!

Heaviness
Kikikikii
Wait until 34weeks for d defination of heaviness. Lol

Now i wonder how i will close my legs. Lol
Heaviness n leg hooking......
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Teal: 5:11am On Oct 14, 2016
kiss

31 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Teal: 5:18am On Oct 14, 2016
[quote author=tipsyjules post=50178618]

Eyah thanks my sister. My dear that hospital is something else o.Na the environment attract my MIL too o.Please I nees uer number or pin that If u dnt mind so that I can atleaat recall your face because av been trying to place the face but I cant.Please complete your

My pin . If i was in your condition that day, i wouldn't recall your face too.....loool......please add up sis.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by JUMAYIN(f): 6:09am On Oct 14, 2016
[quote author=rofemiguwa post=50164421]
As i see ur name i rush open the thread.i tink sey u don born make i come chope owabe rice .choi!! Heheheh

(1) (2) (3) ... (2423) (2424) (2425) (2426) (2427) (2428) (2429) ... (6961) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 4 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.