Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,437 members, 7,861,243 topics. Date: Saturday, 15 June 2024 at 07:57 AM

Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk - Health (2425) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk (8268868 Views)

Birth Defects: Are You Pregnant Or Planning To? What You Need To Know! (pics) / Can I Still Get Pregnant Or Do I Remove The Fibroid / Revealed: The Secret Fertility System That Cures Infertility & Get You Pregnant (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2422) (2423) (2424) (2425) (2426) (2427) (2428) ... (6961) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Godmother(f): 3:35pm On Oct 13, 2016
iomoge2:

Your little one is almost here.
Shie u wee go n see doctor?
Just to be sure.

Mine just seat down dey enjoy.
Not even engaged.
After spending hours in d hospital today, i have calm down....

No more rush.
If Zoe like make she come December.
Am not bothered again.
We go dey push dey go.

Amen o. Can't wait for her to show, though d contractions have stopped sef. And dear Zoe shouldn't wait till Dec o. Thats like 11 months pregnancy.

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Godmother(f): 3:36pm On Oct 13, 2016
feddy27:

You should see your doctor dear.God's favor all the way
Amen. Thanks mama

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by tipsyjules(f): 4:04pm On Oct 13, 2016
Favouredmom:
Tipsyjules I felt so sorry for your predicament after reading your birth story. What they did to you wasn't fair at all, no human being should have to go through what you went through in their hands. May God help our healthcare facilities and staff in Nigeria, especially with their nonchalant attitude. Sometimes you wonder whether they were forced into the profession

The only consolation is your healthy baby that you have to show for all the pain. May God keep him for you.

My sister that was the same thing my MIL was saying the other day weda they were forced into it o.Imagine the fool telling me that am an ingrate, that after he had dedicated the whole day been his birthday yet I was telling him about how fat his fingers are and how I won't let him check me.Imagine his reason for being inhuman.
Thank God my baby and I are doing well.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by tipsyjules(f): 4:06pm On Oct 13, 2016
ultimatebunmi1:
congratulations am so happy for u GOD bless the little baby,plz would like to ask if this hospital is a general or a private hospital

Thanks dear.my sister twas a federal hospital o.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by jazzyjazz: 4:07pm On Oct 13, 2016
My sister, you calm o!
If na me, after I don born my pikin finish, I for face am well, warn am make he no ever talk to person for him life like that ever again! Better yet, I for report am to the hospital Mgt or his superior!!! Those kinds of words to a woman in labor is uncalled for!

But like you said, at the end of the day, thank God your baby was fine and handed to you in one piece!

tipsyjules:

My sister that was the same thing my MIL was saying the other day weda they were forced into it o.Imagine the fool telling me that am an ingrate, that after he had dedicated the whole day been his birthday yet I was telling him about how fat his fingers are and how I won't let him check me.Imagine his reason for being inhuman.
Thank God my baby and I are doing well.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by tipsyjules(f): 4:10pm On Oct 13, 2016
kemesty:
BellaElla, thank God for a safe delivery. With this experience you wonder how women go on and on to have so many kids. It's not easy but we thank God. Kisses to your son.
Tipsyjules, hmmmmm that your experience is better not imagined. You marvel at how professionals who are meant to provide succour and comfort at their best, leave you to the fate of the devil. Was it a general hospital yoi used? Pls name o. I cannot come and go and be thinking of delivering in such facility.
Just console yourself in the fact that your baby is well and alive.
Na so na.You don see am finish na.Twas FSH abuja.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by baby8: 4:22pm On Oct 13, 2016
Please anyone that can help, should do please

https://www.nairaland.com/3405768/please-starving-mother

Hello familylanders
I don't have choice than to post this here
I'm a mother of two children five years and 8weeks old baby
My husband is a salary earner.Their company is oweing them since last month.
since I've given birth it was only the grace of God that we've been living
I started working back when my baby was three weeks as an assistant teacher. It has not been easy for me but I don't have choice
I always use style to push my child to our neighbor so that she can give her food
As I'm typing now I've not eaten anything since yesterday Apart from water. I was even afraid my breastmilk will go dry due to not eating well. But God has been wonderful in that part. It was my neighbor that gave me the garri that I've been eating. I don't have any means my mum that has been assisting us was robbed twice
so she too is managing
Pls nairalanders that stays around ibeju lekki if you have foodstuff to give me pls give my hands are shaking because of the breastfeeding without food

May you be blessed
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by luscioustrish(f): 4:26pm On Oct 13, 2016
Teegali:
Alhamdulilah, welcomed my BG around 5:30pm 09/10/16 via VD,weighing 3kg.I can't sleep I just want to keep watching her.Thanks my e family for your love and prayers. BS later

Congratulations teegali..welcome princess smiley
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Besea(f): 4:55pm On Oct 13, 2016
Thank you realdentist, alphahandmaiden, missade, PrincessKF and jazzyjazz kinky is the way to go. Iomoge2 I'm doing kinky twists o. I'll post a picture of me at 38 weeks in first preggy and the waist length hairstyle I did which I almost cut with scissors when I was in labour, well because of the plenty scratching I did then I had to loose it 1 week pp dats y I ran here for help.

4 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by tipsyjules(f): 4:57pm On Oct 13, 2016
jazzyjazz:
My sister, you calm o!
If na me, after I don born my pikin finish, I for face am well, warn am make he no ever talk to person for him life like that ever again! Better yet, I for report am to the hospital Mgt or his superior!!! Those kinds of words to a woman in labor is uncalled for!

But like you said, at the end of the day, thank God your baby was fine and handed to you in one piece!

My dear you no go understand. Do you know that this same Dr almost fought with one woman in labour. He created a scene o,see him using vulgar languages like " you dey crase na me give you belle?". Twas even our house gal that came to tell me about the fight.She said Anty that your Dr is fighting with one woman o.The gal para o say she wish say na me say she for show am calabar madness. If you just enter FSH jabi ask of Dr Osas you go see am with him amoeba shape.Am not scared to mention his name, I can even go to national TV to mention his name because am still very angry with him.If I tell una wetin the fool do that woman wey lost her baby una go weep.

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Nkediche(f): 5:06pm On Oct 13, 2016
Hi all. Please I'd like to know if anyone has had any experience or recommendations regarding the following hospitals, and any obstetrician in the hospitals worthy of note.

1. First Consultants Hospital, Obalende.
2. Citizens Medical Center, Norman Williams, Ikoyi.
3. GoldCross Hospital Bourdillon, Ikoyi.

Your comments and responses will be highly appreciated. Thanks a lot.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by jazzyjazz: 5:24pm On Oct 13, 2016
FSH Jabi??
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Akorkor(f): 5:24pm On Oct 13, 2016
tipsyjules:

My dear you no go understand. Do you know that this same Dr almost fought with one woman in labour. He created a scene o,see him using vulgar languages like " you dey crase na me give you belle?". Twas even our house gal that came to tell me about the fight.She said Anty that your Dr is fighting with one woman o.The gal para o say she wish say na me say she for show am calabar madness. If you just enter FSH jabi ask of Dr Osas you go see am with him amoeba shape.Am not scared to mention his name, I can even go to national TV to mention his name because am still very angry with him.If I tell una wetin the fool do that woman wey lost her baby una go weep.

I think we need to spread the name of this doctor. On twitter, on nairaland, on facebook and every other social media until he lose his job. If he is tired of the profession and lack manners he should quit. Not by force nah. I think we should use him as samples for all other doctors in Nigeria.

I wont be able to do this because i am not the one involved, but if you post it on any social media please i will support the campaign until government hear our cry. He does not need to be in that profession at all. He is a he goat that just use human body to cover. * So angry*

6 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by BritneyStacy: 5:34pm On Oct 13, 2016
sugah:

What exactly is the function of the powder? E be like say you don turn the thing to body lotion.
Remember, apart from the respiratory ish powder would also clog the pores. Let your baby's skin breathe.
I no know say no be so I suppose do am ooo. That's what I saw my mum's friends who use to come and bath him the first 2weeks used to do ooo. Thanks for the correction

2 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by BritneyStacy: 5:39pm On Oct 13, 2016
Twogreatnations:

November ma.
Counting down things. Safe delivery to you. Haven't heard from Mitchyy in a while now. Have you?
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Akorkor(f): 5:44pm On Oct 13, 2016
@tipsyjules, i just tweet about it now....

Check out my twitter and you may follow by tweeting too.

‏@sayhi2tosin

@nighealthwatch, Please do you have any platform where Nigerian doctors misconduct can be reported.@Gidi_Traffic
6:42 PM - 13 Oct 2016

3 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by princessKF(f): 5:48pm On Oct 13, 2016
Besea:
Thank you realdentist, alphahandmaiden, missade, PrincessKF and jazzyjazz kinky is the way to go. Iomoge2 I'm doing kinky twists o. I'll post a picture of me at 38 weeks in first preggy and the waist length hairstyle I did which I almost cut with scissors when I was in labour, well because of the plenty scratching I did then I had to loose it 1 week pp dats y I ran here for help.

Beautiful woman
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by firsttymum(f): 5:48pm On Oct 13, 2016
jazzyjazz:
Hmm epidural is so expensive in naija! My hospital say it costs up to 100k
It's expensive everywhere....
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by firsttymum(f): 5:49pm On Oct 13, 2016
Akorkor:

Which hospital gives epidural in lagos? 100k is not that expensive for epidural oh if you know how much mother spend on childbirth abroad you go shock. In this economy now, 100k is less than $300 so that is quite okay lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
My sister as in en
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Besea(f): 5:57pm On Oct 13, 2016
Jumayin, I will answer u as e dey do me. I believe it varies from person to person. In my previous pregnancy, I was returning from my evening walk when I felt trickles, in my mind I was like ope o my water has broken, I was 37 weeks at the time. I rushed home to check for stains or viscosity only to discover that it was urine + this intense pressure on my rectum, I started sitting with one yansh up.
So yesterday night, I was about to dig into my beans and garri when I felt the same intense pressure on my rectum. I jumped at first cos of the discomfort then I later realized what just happened and relaxed. Both times I experienced loose stools afterwards, like from since morning I've visited the loo 4 times though I'm not purging.
Not everyone gets to experience the dropping /engaging so don't fret if you don't experience it.

Godmother, it will definitely end in praise for all of us

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Besea(f): 6:19pm On Oct 13, 2016
Thank you PrincessKF
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by jaysmama(f): 7:03pm On Oct 13, 2016
olamitie:
For mamas that experienced cervical incompetence what were the symptoms? Can it be detected with scan? I feel this lower abdomen pressure wen I move around too often, my doctor said its cos I have added weight BT I don't trust did naija docs abeg,dont wana take chances.

Cc realdentist
Hi am not trying to scare you but i think you should see your doctor. The most reliable way you can tell the cervix is fine is by transvaginal scan so insist it should be done. I lost two babies at 27/28 and 25 wks to cervical incompetence and the main symptom i had was that lower abdominal pressure.

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Teal: 7:15pm On Oct 13, 2016
Ah! @tipsyjules.....so we went through the same gory experience in the hands of those frustrated medical personnels?? Just came back online now to read your BS. Thank God for safe delivery. am never going back there. Tho some are nice but thats like 2 out of 25.
Yes o, i know the fat handed doctor......tho he was cool with me but that handddddddd.........
Lemme share my BS too.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by realdentist(f): 7:18pm On Oct 13, 2016
nwarosa:
I don't know if it has anything to do with anything but I was feeling the exact same way and lost my last pregnancy at 21 weeks. It felt almost like the baby was gradually sliding down.

so sorry for ur loss. after going so far...hmmm. what was d state of ur cervix during previous scan(s)?
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by realdentist(f): 7:34pm On Oct 13, 2016
BeeBlossoms:
Sabi mommas, abeg o, I had preterm labour on Tuesday and was placed on salbutamol and paracetamol since then., but reading online is making me see that salbutamol is a steroid and has bad side effects, does it make it unsafe for me and baby?
Also, if I am to stop it, would it be cold Turkey style of can I just stop abruptly? Please don't read and pass o

#teanJanuary
Pls take ur salbutamol as prescribed. the doctor knows why they prescribed it for u like that. ur case will be different from mine ijn. that was how I was forming googling the side effects of salbutamol when I had preterm contractions at 16weeks and I now "advised" myself not to take it and ended up losing that pregnancy. a lot of women hv taken it n still ended up with healthy babies.
if I may ask how long was it prescribed for?

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Ammy5565(f): 7:41pm On Oct 13, 2016
Goodevening mamas
Pls i need insight on a thot i just started having. I just got back from my 1hr evening walk which I started doing as I clocked 28wks. I'm currently 29wks. While on it today, I remembered some mamas here have used walking to bring on labour when they were term, so I started wondering if it's too early to be taking walks and whether it can bring on premature labour. It's not easy taking those walks but I try to because of the perceived benefits, lemme nt use my own hand and cause problems for myself.
Pls mamas, no waka pass. Help a jjc sista.
Tanchu

Jazzyjazz baby, na so I ask my doc at military hospital today if they give epidural, the guy laff say na 'psychological epidural ' them dey give grin
I just vex no be small. That he encourages women when they are in labour. Say epidural na for oyinbo ppl.
Imagine oh.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by iomoge2(f): 7:45pm On Oct 13, 2016
Besea:

Omalicha.
See as u look like unpregnant lady. Kikikikikikiki.

38w? Wao.
I have no hair for this style o ojare.
My front hair is like new born baby o.
angry
Un-holdable.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Ammy5565(f): 7:50pm On Oct 13, 2016
Godmother:

Thanks mama.I called my doc and he told me to stay put since the contraction isn't regular yet.

It will end in praise for u. Go in this thy might for the Lord is with u.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by tipsyjules(f): 8:07pm On Oct 13, 2016
jazzyjazz:
FSH Jabi??
Thank God I told dh I didn't want to be there cos that's where he initially suggested

He must be a mad man to behave that way with women in extreme pain!
Ah!
Imagine the nonsense!

Thank God you did not go there o.They warned me but it was too late because have already paid for delivery fee since they don't attend to someone without you paying delivery fee even if it's one week pregnancy.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by mompurity2: 8:09pm On Oct 13, 2016
Hello mamas. It's been a while I popped in here. Congrats to the mams that have given birth, may your babies bring you nothing but pure joy and satisfaction. Amen.

Also, congrats to the newly preggy mamas, may God's grace and mercy continually be with you. Amen.

ATC sisters God has heard you. Never ever lose hope.

2 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by jazzyjazz: 8:16pm On Oct 13, 2016
My sister, me I can't afford to be hearing stories that touch!
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Teal: 8:22pm On Oct 13, 2016
[quote author=tipsyjules post=50169553]

Thank God my baby and I are doing well.[/quot

@tipsyjules...... This happened on sept 20th bah? I was there too on that day for my last ANC and i rem the doctor saying it was his birthday as he was about to do VE for me. I met a lady outside the ward that am thinking its you sef.......we talked and she told me her hubby was out of country and she's waiting to be in full labour before asking the mil to come but the driver was around. Was that you?

(1) (2) (3) ... (2422) (2423) (2424) (2425) (2426) (2427) (2428) ... (6961) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.