Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,231 members, 7,818,781 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 02:59 AM

Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk - Health (245) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk (8151197 Views)

Birth Defects: Are You Pregnant Or Planning To? What You Need To Know! (pics) / Can I Still Get Pregnant Or Do I Remove The Fibroid / Revealed: The Secret Fertility System That Cures Infertility & Get You Pregnant (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (242) (243) (244) (245) (246) (247) (248) ... (6956) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by angiemartinez(f): 10:16pm On Oct 08, 2014
Hello experience mums and drs in. D house, av been ttc for ova a year now. Av been on herbal drugs for ova two months. Yesterday afternoon was feeln really sick so I went to d lab for pt. To my suprise I was told its weakly positive, their explanatn was dat am pregnant but loosn it at. D same time cos of d drugs which I still took dat morni. My last period was oct. 1, so my gynea askd me to do a scan today n d result shows my uterus is empty. Pls wat do I do cos am really feeln sick. Sorry for d long epistle

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by tchiwinnie: 4:46am On Oct 09, 2014
angiemartinez:
Hello experience mums and drs in. D house, av been ttc for ova a year now. Av been on herbal drugs for ova two months. Yesterday afternoon was feeln really sick so I went to d lab for pt. To my suprise I was told its weakly positive, their explanatn was dat am pregnant but loosn it at. D same time cos of d drugs which I still took dat morni. My last period was oct. 1, so my gynea askd me to do a scan today n d result shows my uterus is empty. Pls wat do I do cos am really feeln sick. Sorry for d long epistle
pls first of all,, stop d herbal meds for nw..Did u go bk to d hsptl after d scan?
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by angiemartinez(f): 6:43am On Oct 09, 2014
tchiwinnie:
pls first of all,, stop d herbal meds for nw..Did u go bk to d hsptl after d scan?
ya I av stopd d herbal drugs. Am going dis morning. My fear is d reult dat shows my uterus is empty
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by tchiwinnie: 8:45am On Oct 09, 2014
angiemartinez:
ya I av stopd d herbal drugs. Am going dis morning. My fear is d reult dat shows my uterus is empty
Go to d hsptk first, cast away every fear.Even if dis one diesnt stay, God ll gv u one dat will. u cld also rpt d scan after abt 2wks.Jisike dear.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by sayoberry(f): 2:33pm On Oct 09, 2014
wink
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Nobody: 3:11pm On Oct 09, 2014
No one has answered my question on how the induction of labour goes exactly *sadface*

Also, has anyone experienced a membrane sweep before? Are Naija doctors open to that?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by desiree(f): 5:21pm On Oct 09, 2014
bossladyMo:
No one has answered my question on how the induction of labour goes exactly *sadface*

Also, has anyone experienced a membrane sweep before? Are Naija doctors open to that?

I had an induction before although not in Nigeria. It is a very simple process. My membrane was swept....basically the midwife will insert her fingers in you and move it around, this was a little uncomfortable but not painful. And was placed on drips to speed labour up, a few hours later the broke my water by insert a finger(again it was uncomfortable).

If it was suggested to you, go for it. Nothing to be worried about.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Nobody: 5:32pm On Oct 09, 2014
desiree:

I had an induction before although not in Nigeria. It is a very simple process. My membrane was swept....basically the midwife will insert her fingers in you and move it around, this was a little uncomfortable but not painful. And was placed on drips to speed labour up, a few hours later the broke my water by insert a finger(again it was uncomfortable).

If it was suggested to you, go for it. Nothing to be worried about.

Thanks for responding. My doctor hasn't suggested it yet...but you know Naija hospitals just go straight for the pitocin drip induction, without exploring other options like the membrane sweep etc.

So I just wanted to know if it is done in Naija, so I can ask for it at my next doctor's appointment...if I haven't put to bed by then.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by preciousan(f): 8:40pm On Oct 09, 2014
Praise God mamas in the house,sorry this is coming late,am just recuperating
i delivered my pretty angel on 2nd oct,though the labour was a prolonged one,but at last God was faithful,although the tear no be here o,its so painful to even sit,i give all praise to God...i'll be back for the full story.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by desiree(f): 9:04pm On Oct 09, 2014
bossladyMo:

Thanks for responding. My doctor hasn't suggested it yet...but you know Naija hospitals just go straight for the pitocin drip induction, without exploring other options like the membrane sweep etc.

So I just wanted to know if it is done in Naija, so I can ask for it at my next doctor's appointment...if I haven't put to bed by then.

From what I heard, sweeping of the membrane does not automatically kick start labour. Some women still have to wait days or week for active labour after their membrane was swept. Like the other mamas suggested, EPO combined with pineapple core and lots of walking might help kick start labour. All the best.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by angiemartinez(f): 9:09pm On Oct 09, 2014
sayoberry:

if you saw Ur period last Oct1, then I think its still too early for a scan to pick anything. unless u do a sonogram. I got to see the sac at six weeks. that's four weeks after my period.. and it was just an empty sac. so just take a chill pill, stop counting dates and wait for a week more or two. its well with you
amen and tenks alot
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Nobody: 9:24pm On Oct 09, 2014
desiree:

From what I heard, sweeping of the membrane does not automatically kick start labour. Some women still have to wait days or week for active labour after their membrane was swept. Like the other mamas suggested, EPO combined with pineapple core and lots of walking might help kick start labour. All the best.

Thanks a lot!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by sayoberry(f): 9:47pm On Oct 09, 2014
wink
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by lovinam: 9:48pm On Oct 09, 2014
bossladyMo:

Thanks a lot!
My dear just take it step by step.Go for long walks, membrane sweep didn't work for my last pregnancy and there is also risk of infection. Induced labour is painful cos you sit in one place. Natural labour allows you to walk around a bit. Whichever way baby must come in good health o. Walk walk walk..... If na or first baby a beg just keep calm, they have a way of over staying.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Nobody: 9:53pm On Oct 09, 2014
lovinam:
My dear just take it step by step.Go for long walks, membrane sweep didn't work for my last pregnancy and there is also risk of infection. Induced labour is painful cos you sit in one place. Natural labour allows you to walk around a bit. Whichever way baby must come in good health o. Walk walk walk..... If na or first baby a beg just keep calm, they have a way of over staying.

It's not my first baby oo...infact, my 1st came in 2 days to EDD...dunno why this one has decided to open room and parlour in my stomach, lol.

I've been climbing stairs, but all I get is strong contractions for a while and that's all.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by lovinam: 9:56pm On Oct 09, 2014
bossladyMo:

It's not my first baby oo...infact, my 1st came in 2 days to EDD...dunno why this one has decided to open room and parlour in my stomach, lol.

I've been climbing stairs, but all I get is strong contractions for a while and that's all.
name wet in my last baby do me o. The day I deliver e just be like play like play for hospital. No worry yours will be as easy and as sweet as mine. Name tsunami wipe my birth story.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by lovinam: 9:58pm On Oct 09, 2014
Auto correct I no send you message o. Hian
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Nobody: 8:37am On Oct 10, 2014
Congratulations preciousaun, illoha and everymama that has delivered. May God's blessings continue to dwell in ur household. Amen
Welcome new moms.
@preshila. Na me hail pass... How are u and urs?... Kisses to ur lil angel.
All mamas I greet ooo

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Nobody: 8:49am On Oct 10, 2014
lovinam:
name wet in my last baby do me o. The day I deliver e just be like play like play for hospital. No worry yours will be as easy and as sweet as mine. Name tsunami wipe my birth story.

Abeg gist me na! How many days overdue were you?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by tchiwinnie: 9:40am On Oct 10, 2014
@bossladyMo, i has membrane sweep done for me wen i was in labor and it help hasten my labor.i wasnt induced.
@preciousan, congrats. kisses to ur lo
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Nobody: 10:09am On Oct 10, 2014
tchiwinnie:
@bossladyMo, i has membrane sweep done for me wen i was in labor and it help hasten my labor.i wasnt induced.
@preciousan, congrats. kisses to ur lo

Okayyy...so I guess it's a fairly common procedure in Nigerian hospitals then.

Thanks.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by tchiwinnie: 8:34pm On Oct 10, 2014
bossladyMo:

Okayyy...so I guess it's a fairly common procedure in Nigerian hospitals then.

Thanks.
u wcm. yea, its done wen necessary
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by lovinam: 11:54pm On Oct 10, 2014
bossladyMo:

I was about to enter week 42. D doc said. Should come to be induced. I said ok o. I went home put my stuff together then slept around 4am I woke up to some funny feeling. I knew t was time so I just put my mnd in order. Got to dd hospital d nurses were laffng at me dat I'm not in labour jst cos I was calm and gisting. Well I. Gave them a particular time my baby will pop. He came right on time. It was a very funny experience. The easiest and shortest labor. What helped? Breathing technique durng labour. Google it. Don go forcing things cept baby is not n a good position
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by beeevan: 7:00am On Oct 11, 2014
bossladyMo:

Mine was 13 days over due, very swift delivery as the labor only took the distance from my house to the hospital. I birthed him with clothes on, no time for changing.

LovinaM you don do the do?
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Nobody: 8:17am On Oct 11, 2014
Thanks everyone.

I passed my LMP due date a few days back...and my ultrasound due date yesterday.....so I guess I'm officially overdue. I've been having contractions on and off everyday for the past 10days or so...they are painful, but they don't increase in intensity and are not regular. There was a day I even thought I was in labour, cos I had them the whole day...but they didn't increase in intensity, just painful and irregular.

I hope to God I don't end up being induced...cos I heard that thing is another level of PAIN.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by ehiblessing(f): 12:10pm On Oct 11, 2014
preciousan:
Praise God mamas in the house,sorry this is coming late,am just recuperating
i delivered my pretty angel on 2nd oct,though the labour was a prolonged one,but at last God was faithful,although the tear no be here o,its so painful to even sit,i give all praise to God...i'll be back for the full story.

Congt dearie rest well and come and give us d gist
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by ehiblessing(f): 12:17pm On Oct 11, 2014
Bossladymo by his grace urs wud be swift,

Cutemom hw u feeling,
Wishing all mamas dat re due a quick and stressful and supernatural delivery, and to d others on dir way wishing. All a stressfree nine mths
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by sweetose(f): 1:49pm On Oct 11, 2014
A very big congratulations to the new mothers in the house,may God keep them all,
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by sweetose(f): 2:00pm On Oct 11, 2014
@ bossladymo,I. Had my first baby @ 38wks5d. I got tired of the whole tin, den d nyt before I went to climb a hill n wen I came Back ,I told oga to do oo n I had my bath n slept.labour started around 2 am,I went to d hospital around 7am measuring jst 2cm,to cut to the chase,d doc broke my water around 11am n delivered 1pm.above all,GOD has the final say.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Nobody: 2:05pm On Oct 11, 2014
sweetose:
@ bossladymo,I. Had my first baby @ 38wks5d. I got tired of the whole tin, den d nyt before I went to climb a hill n wen I came Back ,I told oga to do oo n I had my bath n slept.labour started around 2 am,I went to d hospital around 7am measuring jst 2cm,to cut to the chase,d doc broke my water around 11am n delivered 1pm.above all,GOD has the final say.

Yes he does oooo! Doc says I should still hang on, and should not rush to get a membrane sweep.

Tis' well!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Nobody: 2:05pm On Oct 11, 2014
ehiblessing:
Bossladymo by his grace urs wud be swift,

Cutemom hw u feeling,
Wishing all mamas dat re due a quick and stressful and supernatural delivery, and to d others on dir way wishing. All a stressfree nine mths

Amen ooo!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by vickilafab(f): 3:55pm On Oct 11, 2014
bossladyMo:

Sorry dear, I've been MIA. I was induced at exactly 41wks here in naija. It's my first baby, I was working & active d entire pregnancy, kpekused like tomorrow no dey, used EPO & ate enough pineapple bt I didn't go into labour, was just having mild contractions.

Anyways, here's how mine went (na long tory o): got to d hospital around 1pm and my OB did a vagginaal examination to check ripeness of cervix bt it was still closed so he inserted d tablet (misopristol- dint get the spelling) into d vaagina(abit painful) & set up glucose drip to my arm. My mum and hubby were in the ward wt me & we were just gistin. Nurses came frequently to monitor my bp and baby's heartbeat. Around 5pm, I was checked and cervix had just started dilating so d doc inserted another tablet and 30 mins later, I had the worst menstrual cramps u can think of-nonstop! I was in pains for the entire 30 mins. I just faced d wall and was using breathing techniques. Then, d pain reduced & I saw the 'show' bloody mucus- contractions were now coming and going. Nurses were still monitoring baby's heartbeat. I was checked-2cm around 7pm.

I was hungry and ate rice wt chicken. All ds while, I still had d glucose drip. I stayed like dis all tru d night- contractions coming and going & was sleepy at a point bt snapped out of it. Nurses still monitored d baby's heartbeat. I started climbing stairs(wasn't easy wt my vijay feelin like it wanted to fall out) 2 speed things up. Nurse came to reshave my pubicc area( I had shaved at home) sayin deres a way dey shave & in case the induction failed, CS wud b done.

By 5am, d doc came to check & twas stil 2cm so he did a membrane sweep (twas reeeealy painful dat I was crying). It's like he twisted my insides.. said its to help me undecided den he inserted the 3rd vaaginal tablet & dats wen I saw heaven grin
D contractions started coming nonstop..it was indeed painful. I was calling Jesus all tru, I threw away my phone, almost climbed the wall and asked my husband to be rubbing my waist truout. Me dat was goin to the toilet to urinate started doin it on d bed (dey put macintosh) constantly. I lost track of time. At a point, I felt something coming out of me and checked- d water had broken. Later, I started feeling like I wanted to pupu & wen d urge bcame totally absolutely unbearable, d doc came to check & d baby's head was already in the vagiina so I walked to d delivery room and in one push tho I was given a small cut which I didn't feel pain sef cos d labour pain had overshadowed, birthed my prince around 10am & ALL d pain stopped immediately. I was den given oxytocin drip to help wt d placenta delivery & den xylocaine to numb d pain while stitching.

Truly, induction is a painful process(I av low threshold for pain sha) but having ur baby in ur arms is well worth it. My mom told me how my DH sang love songs and called me swt names all tru bt dat pain didn't allow me know he did oooo shocked

May God make it easy for you. *hugs*

5 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (242) (243) (244) (245) (246) (247) (248) ... (6956) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: ebicon(f) and 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.