Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,534 members, 7,823,323 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 08:44 AM

Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk - Health (292) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk (8161489 Views)

Birth Defects: Are You Pregnant Or Planning To? What You Need To Know! (pics) / Can I Still Get Pregnant Or Do I Remove The Fibroid / Revealed: The Secret Fertility System That Cures Infertility & Get You Pregnant (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (289) (290) (291) (292) (293) (294) (295) ... (6956) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by beedam(f): 9:27pm On Dec 21, 2014
Chyvy:

Lol. Funny enuf, I sneak to take it mostly when hubby isn't around oo cos of his compalints embarassed
I realy find it hard resisting it. BTW, I'm 35 weeks gone too

My classmate,how you dey? Good to see you! How is the pushing going? My baby has refused me to take any liquid apart from water ever since I took in. But I dey spit like say tomorrow no dey.

Make I no lie to you,i don count days tire but this december seems to run fast o which I really like. In two weeks time,we will enter our MONTH In Jesus name. Amen
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Nobody: 9:40pm On Dec 21, 2014
lovinam:
Thread ke? Implnon dat needle fear me small o. Na fear hold me since o. I will go soon

Very ok, even without anesthesia .

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by beedam(f): 9:40pm On Dec 21, 2014
byvan:
Mehn ....I missed this thread, just don't know how to get back the preggy vibe to fit in and the new mamas might wonder who this awkward fellow is angry grin. where are the Virgin mamas, abi nah only me be virgins angry?

See you! After you all abandoned us to our faith. All of you senior mamas just left without looking back. I remember when I was in the first trimester, if I complain about one thing, so many senior mamas go respond but now it's no more like that. It's not fair o

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Itunup(f): 10:13pm On Dec 21, 2014
Thanks n Amen.
igb400:
All this 'team milo', No team unripe plantain? grin

@ itunup..congrats, your birth story sounds so easy. I claim supernatural childbirth for us all.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by goosebumps: 10:37pm On Dec 21, 2014
God is awesome
he has blessed me even when I don't deserve it.
Mama's una dooo'oo.
had a blighted ovum scare a few weeks back and was told to come a week later for confirmation. I lost hope and was too weak to pray so I called my mum.
I couldn't even do my normal morning devotion with hubby and I stopped taking my folic acid. I just woke up one morning took anointing oil rubbed on my belly and said my God who caused this to be planted will not put me to shame. This is my pre shiloh miracle and I must testify of ur goodness.
Went for another scan a few days back and the dr confirmed that we are fine.
See me swallowing folic acid sharply.
Sorry for the long story but I am indeed blessed
we shall all carry to term inJesus name.

Btw I'm not showing yet but waist bands are so uncomfortable these days.

7 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by beedam(f): 10:46pm On Dec 21, 2014
goosebumps:
God is awesome
he has blessed me even when I don't deserve it.
Mama's una dooo'oo.
had a blighted ovum scare a few weeks back and was told to come a week later for confirmation. I lost hope and was too weak to pray so I called my mum.
I couldn't even do my normal morning devotion with hubby and I stopped taking my folic acid. I just woke up one morning took anointing oil rubbed on my belly and said my God who caused this to be planted will not put me to shame. This is my pre shiloh miracle and I must testify of ur goodness.
Went for another scan a few days back and the dr confirmed that we are fine.
See me swallowing folic acid sharply.
Sorry for the long story but I am indeed blessed
we shall all carry to term inJesus name.

Btw I'm not showing yet but waist bands are so uncomfortable these days.
Congratulations, so happy for you. You won't have any cause to cry over your testimony in Jesus name. Amen
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Chyvy(f): 11:13pm On Dec 21, 2014
beedam:

My classmate,how you dey? Good to see you! How is the pushing going? My baby has refused me to take any liquid apart from water ever since I took in. But I dey spit like say tomorrow no dey.

Make I no lie to you,i don count days tire but this december seems to run fast o which I really like. In two weeks time,we will enter our MONTH In Jesus name. Amen

Amen dear, I dey fine o. The pushing hasn't bn easy but thank God all d same. The Milo thing na serious temptation for me oo and I fear so much for my baby's weight. Wish I cud take only water, I crave almost all drinks including soft drinks, wine, juice, beer, even lipton sef embarassed but I try to restrict myself to d milo thing and soft drinks though I also crave for ice cold water. I guess ure lucky wit dat

This dec is rili the fastest month to me sef that sometimes I still imagine I'm still 30 or 32 weeks grin
Well, January will soon be here. I pray we all carry to terms and deliver safely
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Chyvy(f): 11:21pm On Dec 21, 2014
@Itunup, congrats, ur LO shall be a blessing to your family and his generation.
@Goosebumps, don't worry, God is in control. You'll carry to term in Jesus name

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Nobody: 11:36pm On Dec 21, 2014
beedam:

See you! After you all abandoned us to our faith. All of you senior mamas just left without looking back. I remember when I was in the first trimester, if I complain about one thing, so many senior mamas go respond but now it's no more like that. It's not fair o

My dear no mind us, nah fear of preggy pursue most of us. I ran off to upgrade my skills in kabashing and disintegrating any spear headed spermatozoa that intends to hamper my virginity status. Now that my skills are developed, i intend to start strutting round the thread with maximum morale cheesy.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Nobody: 11:48pm On Dec 21, 2014
Mamas about this baby weight issue, if a baby is bound to be big, depriving yourself of precious cravings can't stop that. God who put the baby there will always bring it out irrespective of the size. I starved, tailored my diet and all, my last baby still came as 5kg. As my mum said when I was punishing myself "A baby will always take what it needs from you whether you eat or not". I feel moderation should be the key...Just my thoughts, different things might work for different people. Most of the time, the baby weight thing is mostly genetic, my friend with all her longer throat and over eating had a 2:2 baby, she didn't even know when the head popped out. She was like " Is that it? " undecided....

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by silvermist(f): 3:07am On Dec 22, 2014
Double post.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by silvermist(f): 3:08am On Dec 22, 2014
Mamas in the house..my baby girl came this morning at 1.15am, 3.7kg. smiley

I was 40weeks 1day..got to the hospital 10:30pm yesterday and was 4cm gone..by 12.30am I was 7cm..by 1am, the pushing started.

I thank God for safe delivery..and I pray same for all my fellow mamas too kiss, the Almighty God will see you guys thru.

I got to rest now..will post later in the day. smiley

16 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by proudmom38(f): 3:46am On Dec 22, 2014
igb400:
All this 'team milo', No team unripe plantain? grin

@ itunup..congrats, your birth story sounds so easy. I claim supernatural childbirth for us all.
I'm also team unripe plantain o,it started yesterday.Amen to ur prayer
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by proudmom38(f): 4:17am On Dec 22, 2014
Oluwajomiloju29:
@proudmom38, thanks, I'll register asap. @itunup, congrats
U wlcm mama
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by proudmom38(f): 4:22am On Dec 22, 2014
Itunup:
My birth story.....
At exactly 3:00pm on Dec 16th, I took plenty pineapple according to d Dr advice that it aids labor and then had a walk for about 2hrs, came back home preparing for my DH birthday on 17th, I didn't see any sign that labor had started, no water, no mucus, no blood, in fact no discharge, though I had different EDD according to d scan done. 11th, 15th,16th and 20th. I just felt pains at 5mins interval around 11pm and I told my DH that it wasn't time because there was no contraction, around 1am, my DH advised that we should go the hospital while I was praying to him for his b'day, I just yielded because d pain was getting serious,on getting to d hospital, learnt I was 3cm dilated, around 2:45am, was 7cm dilated and around 6:27am, I deliver my baby girl, the pain was unexplainable, I had tear despite d 3kg weighed of my baby but God was indeed faithful.
congrats newest mom in town,may God bless her arrival.

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by rezzy: 4:27am On Dec 22, 2014
silvermist:

I was 40weeks 1day..got to the hospital 10:30pm yesterday and was 4cm gone..by 12.30am I was 7cm..by 1am, the pushing started.

I thank God for safe delivery..and I pray same for all my fellow mamas too kiss, the Almighty God will see you guys thru.

Congrats. May she be a source of joy and blessing to you household. I thank God for safe delivery.

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by rezzy: 4:32am On Dec 22, 2014
@itunup, nice birth story. Congrats.

@oluwajomiloju, congrats. May you carry to term. You can register now. But if u want to wait till you are 3 mnths, you can go for scan around 10th wk. Just make sure you take your folic acid or pregnacare. I registered when i was 5 months

@goosebumps, God is indeed faithful. May you carry to term. Congrats

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by proudmom38(f): 4:46am On Dec 22, 2014
silvermist:

Amen o.Congrats mama,ur little one will be a blessing to ur family n d world at large.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Pelupelu: 5:13am On Dec 22, 2014
@itunup and silvermist...congratulations. God almighty will take care of your little ones....tell d doctor to check ur babies very well incase of any traces of jaundice......I had a bad experience concerning jaundice this year but thank God he's giving me double for my loss....

2 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by ToyosiR(f): 6:33am On Dec 22, 2014
@silvermist, Congratulations on the arrival of your lo. may God increase ur family's blessing on his arrival.

All of you don leave me behind. dearis God oooooooo. cry #wipe tears#

I am patiently waiting for God's time. Any other dec. Mama still waiting on this thread?

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Onegai(f): 6:51am On Dec 22, 2014
sunnshyn:

We just got Pregnacare that has omega 3 and Cal-c-mag.(Calcuim). I've not started any vitamins. So will start these. I hope I'm on the right track?

Bitter kola? Ah! I'll need to send DH to go looking.

Add Folic acid to that Pregnacare, you should be fine.
@Itunup and Silvermist, welcome to your LOs! December babies are always pretty.

Someone said when I get home, she's going to show me a trick on how to adjust my jeans to wear them a bit longer with my growing waistline. If it works, I'll share it.

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by mummy2be: 7:12am On Dec 22, 2014
@itunup and silvermist this good news o,Godbless u and your LO's AMen.@goosebumps that's a great testimony our God is forever faithful
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by beedam(f): 7:33am On Dec 22, 2014
byvan:
Mamas about this baby weight issue, if a baby is bound to be big, depriving yourself of precious cravings can't stop that. God who put the baby there will always bring it out irrespective of the size. I starved, tailored my diet and all, my last baby still came as 5kg. As my mum said when I was punishing myself "A baby will always take what it needs from you whether you eat or not". I feel moderation should be the key...Just my thoughts, different things might work for different people. Most of the time, the baby weight thing is mostly genetic, my friend with all her longer throat and over eating had a 2:2 baby, she didn't even know when the head popped out. She was like " Is that it? " undecided....

I go with you on this. When we discuss at antenatal self,people who have given birth before always say it that their baby weigh more when they starve than when they eat whatever they crave. They said u can't expect someone who is big and has a big hubby to deliver a tiny baby because she decided to starve herself of somethings.

"BABY WEY GO BIG GO BIG" As most of them says too.

And it's true that whether you eat or not,babies will take their nutrients from you. I'm an example of this. Ever since I took in till now I ve not for one day have appetite to eat, all drinks taste like paracetamol in my mouth, tea is no go area for me and up till now I can't eat chicken or turkey and now that I'm in the final trimester, if not because I'm not the slim type,u will easily notice that I'm now lean. The bone for my neck don come out and my baby is a bit on the big side. So see what we are saying.

I dey envy all the mamas wey fit chop anything o.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by beedam(f): 8:08am On Dec 22, 2014
Chyvy:

Amen dear, I dey fine o. The pushing hasn't bn easy but thank God all d same. The Milo thing na serious temptation for me oo and I fear so much for my baby's weight. Wish I cud take only water, I crave almost all drinks including soft drinks, wine, juice, beer, even lipton sef embarassed but I try to restrict myself to d milo thing and soft drinks though I also crave for ice cold water. I guess ure lucky wit dat

This dec is rili the fastest month to me sef that sometimes I still imagine I'm still 30 or 32 weeks grin
Well, January will soon be here. I pray we all carry to terms and deliver safely

You crave all drinks? Na wa o! The highest that have worked for me is nutriC and if I drink too much,it will bring cough and I will start to wee wee for body as I cough( I no dey take am outside) and the next minute na to go vomit am . The funniest thing is I divide the 20naira satchet into like 5places grin.it must be very light like water else I won't be able to take it so it's just as if I dey colour my water.

January is next week wink. I'm so happy and I appreciate God Almighty who has been my strength.

Did I just see another team springing up? #team unripe plantain grin.

Okay then make I create my own team too. Oya #TEAM WATER make una show face o.its so certain I will be the class captain wink because I take at least 10bottles of 75cl water a day and I spit like 150cl a day cry.

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by sunnshyn(f): 8:10am On Dec 22, 2014
Onegai:

Add Folic acid to that Pregnacare, you should be fine.
@Itunup and Silvermist, welcome to your LOs! December babies are always pretty.

Someone said when I get home, she's going to show me a trick on how to adjust my jeans to wear them a bit longer with my growing waistline. If it works, I'll share it.

Yes, it contains folic acid...I really appreciate! Tnk u.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by silvermist(f): 8:21am On Dec 22, 2014
mummy2be..thank you very much!

oneGal..thanks ..kiss

ToyosiR..thanks once again. Don't worry ur time will surely arrive wink

Pelupelu..thanks. So sorry for what happened sad. Yes I have the dr check my baby for jaundice. Cos I had experience too with my first two babies, they had to even undergo phototherapy. Thanks for the concern kiss

Proudmom38..thank you so much!

Rezzy..amen. Thanks again.

Much love to all you mamas in the house. The Lord will perfect what He started in us all..amen
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by beedam(f): 8:47am On Dec 22, 2014
silvermist:

Thank God for the bundle of joy he gave to you. Your baby no even waste time at all. She was rushing to come and take breast milk. God will be there to be the strength of the family now and forever. Amen.

But you offend me small with this your birth story o. why you no tell us as labour start? How were you feeling before you left for the hospital? Did your water break? Just wanna know ni o as my EDD is next month too and I'm gathering ideas on when to leave home for hospital. Thanks
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Nobody: 10:27am On Dec 22, 2014
beedam:

I go with you on this. When we discuss at antenatal self,people who have given birth before always say it that their baby weigh more when they starve than when they eat whatever they crave. They said u can't expect someone who is big and has a big hubby to deliver a tiny baby because she decided to starve herself of somethings.

"BABY WEY GO BIG GO BIG" As most of them says too.

And it's true that whether you eat or not,babies will take their nutrients from you. I'm an example of this. Ever since I took in till now I ve not for one day have appetite to eat, all drinks taste like paracetamol in my mouth, tea is no go area for me and up till now I can't eat chicken or turkey and now that I'm in the final trimester, if not because I'm not the slim type,u will easily notice that I'm now lean. The bone for my neck don come out and my baby is a bit on the big side. So see what we are saying.

I dey envy all the mamas wey fit chop anything o.

Do you know the funny part, i do lack appetite too and haven't weighed more than 68 kg with pregnancy but the babies won't stop getting big. You need to hear the nurses lamentation each time they are dealing with the tears the babies left behind cheesy. They were quite very very easy delivery but the stitching nah don't tell anybody lipsrsealed. Baby matter nah just baba God specialty Jare... Baby weight is part of the reason am super scared of ever trying again, don't want to discomcombulate my center of excellence wink.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by silvermist(f): 10:50am On Dec 22, 2014
Lol..my sister no vex jare. Just had to quickly update with summary.

Ok...just came back from carol night at church around 8pm..and settled in.I at around 9pm ish I started feeling slight cramping, so I timed it and found it was coming every 2mins 30secs and just 30secs long.

It was that consistent till around 10pm, so we left for the hospital. At the hospital, I was 4cm dilated but my cervix was still thick, as in like 30% effaced. The contractions were still bearable till around 12am ish when I reached 7cm and 50% effaced.

Within the next 1hour, the contractions suddenly shot up and I felt great pressure to wee and poo at same time.
I was in a sitting position all the while, cos it aids the coming down of the baby faster..so immediately I stood up I felt that terrible pressure, and that was it.

I didn't see mucous, discharge or anything.

4/5 pushes and baby was out..3mins after the placenta followed.

I felt great relief/exhaustion and just lay there looking like "lukmon" ..cheesy with my legs spread out, and my lady bits became "specimen" and "exhibition" on display.. cheesy while hearing my baby cry and the nurses congratulating me.

Women dey try o..and we are STRONG! One love to all you women out there!

So that's it beedam smiley

beedam:

Thank God for the bundle of joy he gave to you. Your baby no even waste time at all. She was rushing to come and take breast milk. God will be there to be the strength of the family now and forever. Amen.

But you offend me small with this your birth story o. why you no tell us as labour start? How were you feeling before you left for the hospital? Did your water break? Just wanna know ni o as my EDD is next month too and I'm gathering ideas on when to leave home for hospital. Thanks

4 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Itunup(f): 11:18am On Dec 22, 2014
Thanks so much dear, i will
Pelupelu:
@itunup and silvermist...congratulations. God almighty will take care of your little ones....tell d doctor to check ur babies very well incase of any traces of jaundice......I had a bad experience concerning jaundice this year but thank God he's giving me double for my loss....
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Nobody: 12:26pm On Dec 22, 2014
Yes u ar very right its more. Genetic than what u eat infact 70% genetic
byvan:

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by MGeey(f): 1:18pm On Dec 22, 2014
Congratulations Itunup and Silvermist. May God bless your home and your little ones greatly.

(1) (2) (3) ... (289) (290) (291) (292) (293) (294) (295) ... (6956) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 94
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.