Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,876 members, 7,838,139 topics. Date: Thursday, 23 May 2024 at 04:01 PM

Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk - Health (2924) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk (8204630 Views)

Birth Defects: Are You Pregnant Or Planning To? What You Need To Know! (pics) / Can I Still Get Pregnant Or Do I Remove The Fibroid / Revealed: The Secret Fertility System That Cures Infertility & Get You Pregnant (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2921) (2922) (2923) (2924) (2925) (2926) (2927) ... (6959) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by keeki: 7:22am On Mar 31, 2017
lululuv:
Yahweh!!! Your name is Yahweh!!! You're a miracle working God, your Name is Yahweh!!!
My sisters, I am just coming bak like now. Never even drop bag. Saw the Doc, after series of questions he said I should go do another scan to be double sure. This time at a bigger nd better place, with a note. The Doctor there look tire say 'I can't see any problem here.' He switched to another machine and said 'Your cervix is closed.'
ChaiI, I have cried, prayed, prophesied and God heard me.
Am grateful to God for giving me sisters like all of you on this forum. Thank you. I am now relieved. I can now sleep knowing Am Ok.

praise God! we serve a living God

3 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by keeki: 7:29am On Mar 31, 2017
mamas abeg make una no vex I wan ask kweshion.does having a swollen feet mean you have protein in your urine?
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by FINA4804(f): 7:32am On Mar 31, 2017
sugah:

I missed your comment. Please send your number
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Giddyperson: 7:39am On Mar 31, 2017
keeki:
mamas abeg make una no vex I wan ask kweshion.does having a swollen feet mean you have protein in your urine?
Not always, I've had swollen feet for most of my pregnancy, my urine gets tested at every check up and I've never been told I've protein.

2 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Ariyke: 7:45am On Mar 31, 2017
Thanks giddyperson jazzyjazz and nimi22 may God bless.
Benignasweety I havent seen the mail and I can't send either. thanks
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by YACAA(f): 7:57am On Mar 31, 2017
zaynie:

It's normal to feel all those things in pregnancy. Her body is slowed down by the whole pregnancy matter.

She can spread her food in small bits. 6 small meals rather than 3 heavy ones.
The heart burn and constipation should go.
She can snack on fruits except pineapples and unripe pawpaw. Ripe pawpaw is good for constipation and water melon too.
Tired.... Normal. She should rest whenever she feels like it.
Hungry... She should have healthy snacks ready all over the house so she doesn't eat junks. Plantain chips, groundnut, biscuits cereals will give her the fast energy she needs.

How can she be hungry and have loss of appetite at the same time? undecided
Uncle, I yamm not understanding you o

@Zaynie, it is possible ooo and the most frustrating experience. Even though she is hungry she has no desire to eat due to the loss of appetite, which is compounding the hunger issue. During my first trimester, I had absolutely no appetite for food; in fact I DETESTED food; my tummy would be raging in hunger against me but I did not want to eat; this was made worse by the fact that I would vomit almost everything. But I had to make the effort sha.

@ Beehandz, pele to your wife. I had the same symptoms during my first trimester. As Zaynie said, she should space out her meals and eat very little portions (she really needs to be encouraged to eat, as not eating makes the symptoms worse)
I avoided oily and spicy food, as these made the heartburn and vomiting worse; so I ate more bland food (for example a piece of bread, rice with stew with no pepper, little onions and ginger, crackers too helped); I also drank a lot of coconut juice to replenish lost electrolytes from the vomiting; she should drink a lot of water to help with the constipation; I would drink a full bottle as soon as I woke up followed by some oranges to start my day and that always helped

Most importantly she should remain positive so that she can go through the days with some joy; and kindly give her all the support she needs.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by YACAA(f): 8:05am On Mar 31, 2017
Morning beautiful people,

I have been a peeping mama for a while, but decided to register my presence today. I am currently in my second trimester.
EDD is 9th Sept according to LMP and 6th September according to scan (kindly register me team September)

13 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Fattamyfattamy: 8:07am On Mar 31, 2017
Good morning mama's,how body?i av a few questions firstly,when i went for scan yesterday i.was told am now 38 weeks + 4day's and according to my own calculation am 36 weeks my edd as now changed from 24April to 9April am now confused can the machine make mistakes?secondly,they said uterus is GRAVID what's the meaning pls.thirdly,placenta is inferior-posterior-low lyin hope its normal?sabi mamas biko respond urgently.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by nikkishola: 8:36am On Mar 31, 2017
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by nikkishola: 8:37am On Mar 31, 2017
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by katchycouture(f): 8:54am On Mar 31, 2017
YACAA:
Morning beautiful people,

I have been a peeping mama for a while, but decided to register my presence today. I am currently in my second trimester.
EDD is 9th Sept according to LMP and 6th September according to scan (kindly register me team September)

You are most welcome.. I'm registering u right away...
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by katchycouture(f): 9:00am On Mar 31, 2017
Yeeeee we have arrived..#teamseptember roll call

NAME. GENDER. EDD
(1) katchycouture Gender Not known. 15th sept

(2) jesufifunmi Gender Not known. 28th sept

(3) favouredi Gender Not known. 5th sept

(4) aghaibiam Gender xy. 7th sept

(5) MoyosBlog123 Gender Not known. 21th sept

(6) goodfortun Gender Not known. 2nd sept

(7) tushmom Gender Not known. 15th sept

(cool peggygee Gender Not known. 9th sept

(9) ennywealth09 Gender Not known. 17th sept

(10) YACAA Gender Not known. 9th sept.

# teamSeptember I'm sure by now MS has left us... I didn't really have MS for a long time cos it stopped after a short while....
Mama come and tell us ur MS experience and how you felt the moment it stopped. .what are your cravings and what are ur dislikes.??

We welcome YACAA into our midst. ..#teamseptember #weshallnotcastouryoung#

Team September come on in and drop ur EDD and baby gender

6 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by keeki: 9:00am On Mar 31, 2017
Giddyperson:

Not always, I've had swollen feet for most of my pregnancy, my urine gets tested at every check up and I've never been told I've protein.

thank u mama
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by divie: 9:55am On Mar 31, 2017
lululuv:
Yahweh!!! Your name is Yahweh!!! You're a miracle working God, your Name is Yahweh!!!
My sisters, I am just coming bak like now. Never even drop bag. Saw the Doc, after series of questions he said I should go do another scan to be double sure. This time at a bigger nd better place, with a note. The Doctor there look tire say 'I can't see any problem here.' He switched to another machine and said 'Your cervix is closed.'
Am grateful to God for giving me sisters like all of you on this forum. Thank you. I am now relieved. I can now sleep knowing Am Ok.

God who began this good work in you is faithful to complete it!
Thank God for the testimony, please take good care of urself teamie.

2 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by eksbabe(f): 10:08am On Mar 31, 2017
Thank God for you @lululuv. He is indeed a miracle working God. Please follow other senior mamas advice and rest well ehnn. It is well with you and lo.
Btw my people,i noticed Nana228 my teamie has been treading lately for her birth story but e pain me say i miss that story. I have checked like 5 to 6 pages and i no see story only the concluding part that temmytee31 quoted.
Please who can direct me to where this story is make i ff enjoy am na or if any nice mama here wink can just gimme summary of the story.
Nana228 teamie plss ehnn hep me with the story even if na coded e go be cuz e be like u delete the story yourself.

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by divie: 10:11am On Mar 31, 2017
I greet all mamas in the house,...hope we are all doing very well.

i pray that God will continue to sustain us and give us the grace to carry on in this journey. I also pray that God will meet every of our needs in Jesus name Amen.

My able cappo @phlakkeys i hail o!

All my July teamies una doh!

Congrats to all the mamas that have birthed their LOs and safe delivery to the remaining March mamas and April Mamas too.

I wish someone will give me a birthday mate tommorrow cheesy
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by nicoleswizzi: 10:13am On Mar 31, 2017
lululuv:
Oww thank u Jesus...

2 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by thorpido(m): 10:13am On Mar 31, 2017
Fattamyfattamy:
Good morning mama's,how body?i av a few questions firstly,when i went for scan yesterday i.was told am now 38 weeks + 4day's and according to my own calculation am 36 weeks my edd as now changed from 24April to 9April am now confused can the machine make mistakes?secondly,they said uterus is GRAVID what's the meaning pls.thirdly,placenta is inferior-posterior-low lyin hope its normal?sabi mamas biko respond urgently.
How did you do your own calculation?Note that scan results are always +2weeks from your last menstrual period.Moreover,scans done in first semester are usually more accurate than ones done in third trimester.
GRAVID uterus means you are pregnant.lol
Your placenta is lying at the back of the uterus and is low lying.A low lying placenta means there could be an obstruction when it's time to give birth.It could change before you eventually deliver but if it might be an issue,your doctor will advise accordingly.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by wholesomegrace: 10:28am On Mar 31, 2017
Fattamyfattamy:

GRAVID means pregnant uterus, posteriors means placenta is at the back and low lying off course means your placenta is at the lower part of ur uterus. Around 36 weeks, the bottom part of your uterus does most of it’s growing and stretching, taking the placenta up with it however, in some cases, the placenta doesn’t move up with the uterus. You should take the scan to ur gynea for properly monitoring thru this last stage of your pregnancy. There may be a good chance (or not) that your placenta will not be covering your cervix when it’s time to give birth since you are 36 weeks according to LMP which is most accurate. Also you might be measuring 38 weeks for several reasons which shouldn't be a cause of concern if you don't have diabetes. My gynea ordered for blood tests to check for sugar in my own case when i was measuring larger and a little negligible trace was found. i was advised to watch my diet. Engage ur doc and come share ur testimony soon

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Beehandz(m): 11:04am On Mar 31, 2017
@ Angeltolly @Zaynie @YACAA
Thanks for all the advice. Will give feedback. Thanks for the love shown.
It will end in praise for us all

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by opejulie10: 11:08am On Mar 31, 2017
Gr8fulHeart:
@opejulie10,lemme start from d loan aspect. is ur husband one of ur guarantor? if yes kindly let d loan officer be aware and let dem pik him up and colect d mony from him. im a loan officer and i understand ur predicament. pele.
for ur son"s schook fees. i hope d school is not too expensive. if it is kindly change him to a lesser and good one too. drop ur husbands number at d school and tell d authorities to call him wen its time for the fees. why am i saying all dis? cos if u kip carrying d load for him na so e go continue dey go oh. wen wil u now hv time and mony to get things for yourself?
for d oda issues il let oda mamas like dem zaynie. liftedhands giddyperson advise u. above all try and find peace cos u nid to be happy right now.
u can suport financially but for u to carry d full load dts not good.
team april how una dey? me i don tire o. my down below aches lik mad as if e wan break. as if smtin wants to fall out.wich kian life be dis self. women too dey suffer jare. lolzzzz

thanks ma
he is my guarantor and the bank are threatening to arrest both of us, I have called his parents to intervene and I hope everything will be solved this evening but next time I am not borrowing for him or borrowing him my money unless I want to....

3 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by opejulie10: 11:10am On Mar 31, 2017
nikkishola:

Hmm, it is well my sister.. What I face atimes kinda similar to this, just that I have not borrowed up to the amount here. I am just trying to adjust. I don't know if it's a crime to love ones hubby and try to be of help. As I dey preg, he suggested I registered @ an expensive hospital, I know fully well that I will pay part (if not all) the money. I am using my discretion now sha. Only God should take total control.

it's well my sister.... the matter just tire me.. I think I am getting wiser by the day..

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Rhemy2013(f): 11:13am On Mar 31, 2017
eksbabe:
Thank God for you @lululuv. He is indeed a miracle working God. Please follow other senior mamas advice and rest well ehnn. It is well with you and lo.
Btw my people,i noticed Nana228 my teamie has been treading lately for her birth story but e pain me say i miss that story. I have checked like 5 to 6 pages and i no see story only the concluding part that temmytee31 quoted.
Please who can direct me to where this story is make i ff enjoy am na or if any nice mama here wink can just gimme summary of the story.
Nana228 teamie plss ehnn hep me with the story even if na coded e go be cuz e be like u delete the story yourself.

Lol dis mommy like story ooh grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by MoyosBlog123: 11:29am On Mar 31, 2017
@opejulie10 With experience from our parents, when u help men borrow money they tend to pay back 2/4 or 3/4 of the money. They don't pay all. So borrow the money u can pay urself so u won't b embarrassed.
If the money u borrowed him is urs just forget abt getting it back.

Just like if ur husband borrow u 5k, at the end of the day, u will realise he has collected 30k all in d name of the 5k
Na so nature train all of them.
Having personal savings is all that matters so u won't have means to worry all the time.

As per school fees and house payment, no one will tell u d truth, once u r working, expect to share the bills with him. The only solution to not assisting is not working. And u just have to work else u go broke.

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by opejulie10: 11:35am On Mar 31, 2017
MoyosBlog123:
@opejulie10 With experience from our parents, when u help men borrow money they tend to pay back 2/4 or 3/4 of the money. They don't pay all. So borrow the money u can pay urself so u won't b embarrassed.
If the money u borrowed him is urs just forget abt getting it back.

Just like if ur husband borrow u 5k, at the end of the day, u will realise he has collected 30k all in d name of the 5k
Na so nature train all of them.
Having personal savings is all that matters so u won't have means to worry all the time.

As per school fees and house payment, no one will tell u d truth, once u r working, expect to share the bills with him. The only solution to not assisting is not working. And u just have to work else u go broke

embarassed, thanks ma, I learnt the hard way and it is so unfair.... I will make use of the advice...
though we don't pay house rent and we have a four years old son, I don't think that should be difficult for him to pay, I cover the sch bus expenses.... but it's well, I will only try my best and leave the resr
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Nobody: 12:01pm On Mar 31, 2017
Afternoon all,how d preggy ministry?Hope all is going well!Am here to rant so pardon me pls!U all read abt Jay jumping 4rm 2.6kg to 3.6kg witin a wk!So,me n boo went to d market yesterday to shop 4 d mnth of april n to round up Jay's shopping also!We came back,i made Egusi I just d prepare my mind say I go chop eba(even though I bought a backup plan incase am not allowed to eat d eba)!I prepared Vegtables,dats d back up!As I was about to turn eba,boo just said make sure is 4 one person oh na dere my hrt brk!Boo has turned me to vegetarian by fire by force cry cry cry cry!Na so I sit dwn d watch am swallow eba n me I was chewing a mixture of carrots,cabbage,peas n green beans like say I b goat!Dat one pass,made pancake dis mrn,na so I no c any chop had to go wit my veg again wit lipton tea while boo was taking thick tea n pancakes cry cry cry cry!Am sad!I wan sneak comot now make I go find dat jollof wey dem d cook on top firewood n chilled zobo since he is sleeping grin grin grin wink wink!I just love my plan now!
Sorry abt d epistle!

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by firstpregnancy: 12:19pm On Mar 31, 2017
like play like play March don end .

Alhamdulilah for His mercy upon us all .
Happy I got my heartrob (baby) in this blessed month .

march mamas how una dey . vigilante na real work oo

shey u don sign up for the work Abu who never drop ?

May God continue to keep our children under His care the way He has been doing before their births. His care is the surest .

I have one qweshion sha , how do you get a baby to sleep in the night ?
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by eksbabe(f): 12:46pm On Mar 31, 2017
Rhemy2013:

Lol dis mommy like story ooh grin grin
Yes na, everybody was just awwwwing about and i'll also like to awwww. Must have been a very touching one abi?
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by eksbabe(f): 12:48pm On Mar 31, 2017
Sansa143:
Afternoon all,how d preggy ministry?Hope all is going well!Am here to rant so pardon me pls!U all read abt Jay jumping 4rm 2.6kg to 3.6kg witin a wk!So,me n boo went to d market yesterday to shop 4 d mnth of april n to round up Jay's shopping also!We came back,i made Egusi I just d prepare my mind say I go chop eba(even though I bought a backup plan incase am not allowed to eat d eba)!I prepared Vegtables,dats d back up!As I was about to turn eba,boo just said make sure is 4 one person oh na dere my hrt brk!Boo has turned me to vegetarian by fire by force cry cry cry cry!Na so I sit dwn d watch am swallow eba n me I was chewing a mixture of carrots,cabbage,peas n green beans like say I b goat!Dat one pass,made pancake dis mrn,na so I no c any chop had to go wit my veg again wit lipton tea while boo was taking thick tea n pancakes cry cry cry cry!Am sad!I wan sneak comot now make I go find dat jollof wey dem d cook on top firewood n chilled zobo since he is sleeping grin grin grin wink wink!I just love my plan now!
Sorry abt d epistle!
LOL, ride on jare.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by MoyosBlog123: 12:58pm On Mar 31, 2017
Drop ur BS first then we answer ur qweshion grin

firstpregnancy:
like play like play March don end .

Alhamdulilah for His mercy upon us all .
Happy I got my heartrob (baby) in this blessed month .

march mamas how una dey . vigilante na real work oo

shey u don sign up for the work Abu who never drop ?

May God continue to keep our children under His care the way He has been doing before their births. His care is the surest .

I have one qweshion sha , how do you get a baby to sleep in the night ?

7 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by firstpregnancy: 1:21pm On Mar 31, 2017
MoyosBlog123:

embarassed
MoyosBlog123:

abeg na

Iya I promise next week in sha Allah
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by tinutunde(f): 1:33pm On Mar 31, 2017
keeki:
not in all cases

(1) (2) (3) ... (2921) (2922) (2923) (2924) (2925) (2926) (2927) ... (6959) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 4 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.