Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,812 members, 7,810,116 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:02 PM

Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk - Health (3086) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk (8125420 Views)

Birth Defects: Are You Pregnant Or Planning To? What You Need To Know! (pics) / Can I Still Get Pregnant Or Do I Remove The Fibroid / Revealed: The Secret Fertility System That Cures Infertility & Get You Pregnant (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (3083) (3084) (3085) (3086) (3087) (3088) (3089) ... (6954) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by ToyosiR(f): 10:34am On May 23, 2017
peggygee:
Happy bumping to all the newly preggy momas, may God who picked ur calls also pick those of our ATC momas in Jesus name...more testimonies shall abound on this thread, and many more ATC will join us on this thread.

Today is bumpy Tuesday oooooo, abeg momas drag ur bumps and show us those portable and queenlicious bumps.

@Teamseptember...wetin dey apun na? Make una show bumps na, I don show my own tire, I wan see who fit overthrow this my bump in our team grin

May momas..how una dey? Wish the remaining of u safe delivery in Jesus name. Amen

June momas....the countdown will soon begin o, hope u guys are warming up to receive the baton of safe and easy delivery from May momas?

July, and August momas nko? How una dey? We can't wait for u guys to do n download let's cone on board oooo

October, November and December momas...u guys should relax ...we are ur seniors u know, so be patient it will get to ur own turn too.

Jan, Feb, 2018 momas....the Lord is ur strength...it will sure get to ur own turn too...life na turn by turn. grin

#Teamseptember for swift, easy and supernatural delivery with no loss.

Thanks for greetings allofus. but no hurry too much oooo. we sef wan re arrange this Gregorian calendar biko.

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by ToyosiR(f): 10:42am On May 23, 2017
Greetings to all Mama.

How are we doing.

Please, i want to address one burning issue with our Muslim mama as we are expecting the month of fasting.

please read and digest.

Is fasting safe for my baby?
There's no clear answer. Despite research, we can't be sure that fasting is safe for you and your baby.

If you're pregnant, Islamic law doesn't require you to fast. You can make up missed fasts later, or do fidyah, which is a way of compensating for your missed fasts. For example, you could make a donation to a food bank.

However, if you wish to fast, it appears to be safer for you and your baby if you feel strong, and if your pregnancy's going well.

If you don't feel well enough to fast, or are worried about your health or your baby's wellbeing, talk to your GP or midwife and get a general health check before deciding to fast.

One factor is when the fast takes place. If Ramadan coincides with summer, this means hot weather and long days, which puts you at greater risk of dehydration.
What do studies into fasting in pregnancy show?

Some studies show little or no effect on newborn babies whose mums fasted in pregnancy. Others suggest health problems later in life, or that fasting in pregnancy may have some effect on the intelligence or academic ability of a child.

Here’s what the research has told us so far:
The Apgar score of babies of women who fasted in pregnancy was no different from babies of women who didn't fast.
Fasting in pregnancy may cause a baby to have a lower birth weight, especially if the fasting took place in the first trimester. However, other studies found the difference in birth weight to be very small.
Babies born to mums who fasted either in pregnancy or at the time of conception may grow up to be slightly shorter and thinner. But again, this difference is very small.
The chemical balance of the blood changes when you fast. But the changes don't appear to be harmful to you or your baby.

There's some concern that fasting may affect how well a baby grows in the uterus (womb), or that fasting may be linked to premature labour. Some studies suggest that more babies are born early if their mums fast during Ramadan, though the country you live in also plays a part.

How will I cope with fasting?

If your weight and lifestyle are generally healthy you are likely to cope better with fasting. Your baby needs nutrients from you, and if your body has enough energy stores, fasting is likely to have less of an impact.

How your body deals with fasting will also depend on:
your general health before you became pregnant
your stage of pregnancy
the length of time you fast during the day

Fasting in the summer months is likely to be harder work for you than it would be in the winter due to the longer days and higher temperatures.

How should I prepare for fasting?

Plan ahead to make things easier during Ramadan:
Talk to your midwife, who can check your health and for any possible complications that fasting makes you more prone to, such as diabetes (gestational diabetes) and anaemia. You may need to have more frequent check-ups during your fast to monitor your blood sugar levels. Fasting is not considered to be safe if you have diabetes and are pregnant.
If you're used to having a lot of caffeinated drinks, such as coffee, tea and cola, cut back before you fast to prevent withdrawal headaches. You shouldn't have more than 200mg of caffeine a day when you are pregnant, which is about two cups of instant coffee. Remember that chocolate and green tea also contain some caffeine.
Talk to your employer about managing your work during Ramadan, whether through reducing your working hours or having extra breaks. Read more about working and fasting.
Your doctor, midwife or a dietitian can help you to work out your dietary needs.
Keep a food diary, so you know what you are eating and drinking.
Start preparing early by doing shopping and errands before you fast.

What warning signs should I look out for?
Contact your doctor as soon as possible if:
You're not putting on enough weight, or are losing weight. You probably won't be weighed during your antenatal appointments, so try to weigh yourself regularly at home while you are fasting.
You become very thirsty, are weeing less frequently, or if your wee becomes dark-coloured and strong-smelling. This is a sign of dehydration, and it can make you more prone to urinary tract infections (UTIs) or other complications.
You develop a headache or other pains, or a fever.
You become nauseous or start vomiting.

You should contact your doctor straight away if:
There is a noticeable change in your baby’s movements, such as if your baby is not moving around or kicking as much.
You notice contraction-like pains. This could be a sign of premature labour.
You feel dizzy, faint, weak, confused or tired, even after you have had a good rest. Break your fast immediately and drink water containing salt and sugar, or an oral rehydration solution such as Dioralyte, and contact the doctor.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Nobody: 10:44am On May 23, 2017
Really see me o! E bi like say dis vigilante don do me something Na so I go delivery room, after pushing I forget my atm pin. To pay hospital bill with POS kon bi wahala! cheesy My hubby had to bring cash.
Arihodo:
cappo Naomi14 I don give my BA na
. its remaining BS. I cc u. pls check. kisses to lo.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Nobody: 11:03am On May 23, 2017
UPDATED ROLL CALL (TEAMMAY2017)

@Naomi14 ............... 3rd May, welcomes Charming princess (4th May)
@Rhemy2013 .... 5th May ported to 29th April. welcomes Charming Prince.
@realtalk19 ...... 16th/30th May, gender XY
@queensnow ............ Welcomes Charming prince
@opejulie10 ....... 3rd/15th May, welcomes Charming princess (3rd May)
@Berra .................... 3rd May, welcomes Charming prince
@ftmum .......... 13th/19th May, welcomes Charming prince (21st May)
@Pamelar ................ 14th May, welcomes Charming princess (1st May)
@nikkishola ...... 13th/14th May, welcomes Charming princess (6th May)
@eriifemi ............... 14th May, gender XX
@Licious07 ............ 29th May, gender XY
@Arihodo .............. 25th May, welcomes Charming prince (12th May)
@Hyphee .............. 9th May, welcomes Charming Princess (1st May)
@Ahnie .............. April but ported to (1st May) welcomes Charming prince.
@Afollyshade ......... April but ported to (1st May) welcomes Charming princess.
@queeniejay .......... 7th May, gender XY
@reniduke ............. 15th May, gender XX
@oamronnie ........... June but ported to (7th May) welcomes Charming prince.
@fruitfulhome ......... welcomes Charming prince (10th May)

My wonderful teamies how una dey? How is vigilante treating you. Kisses and hugs to lo! kiss May they bring Joy overflow to your homes. Our children are blessed!

My remaining teamies yet to offload, May God give you all the strength you need on that beautiful day. I am awaiting una goodnews kiss

I know June mama's have started warming up. All ye that have 1st week edds in June, I am expecting ya BA May 31st grin you should be 39weeks by then grin

#TeamMay2017# #veryeasyswiftpainlessdelivery‎# #ourcaseisdifferent# #notear# #noloss##nocomplication# 
#supernaturalbirth#‎#hebrewwomendelivery#

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Iyomomoreloaded: 11:11am On May 23, 2017
How are the sexy #TeamJune mama's doing?
Hope we have finished shopping and all our bags are packed?
May is almost gone, June is just a few days away!
The good Lord shall perfect all dat concerns us before, during and after delivery.
All our needs shall be met sufficiently according to His riches in glory!
We shall suffer no complications during childbirth nor any loss In Jesus mighty name Amen!!!

Blossomedcherry ; where you don carry our triplets run go? Hope y'all are doing great? Pls drop a word.

Orente21 ; How far now, hope u Neva port o? Lol.

Suzzy4God kiss

Toriella ; hello, u scarce o!

Nobledeals ; where & how have u been?

Burticious ; Oga how ur DW? It has tey o!

Omolayo29 kiss

Rollykotex ; how are you doing mama, it's been a very long while you came in here ,hope u& baby are good?

Mofy1 kiss

Perfectcrown kiss

Oamronnie ; how's our may baby?

Targatarga kiss

Chinweotito kiss

I4eva kiss

Mizzy2posh ; how are u mama, hope the spotting eventually stopped ?

Benignasweety ; hope u're feeling better?

Tiwatopebam ;

2 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by peggygee: 11:14am On May 23, 2017
grin grin grin grin grin....okay oooo...but just remember that no matter how u rearrange it, it u can't bypass any of the months except u port ooo... grin

ToyosiR:

Thanks for greetings allofus. but no hurry too much oooo. we sef wan re arrange this Gregorian calendar biko.

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by zaynie(f): 11:17am On May 23, 2017
BumpieTuesday Inspiration....
#PregnancyGoals

All you need is a really good face painter.

10 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by zaynie(f): 11:21am On May 23, 2017
ahnie:
Pls mamas with hyper active babies,pls how do you guys cope with your todds?

My baby has bloodpatches inside his eyes,courtesy of my lil 23months old baby.most times she twists the baby's hands and legs,often times she tries to put her nails inside the baby's eyes.i have spanked her severally,but she z not relenting!

Seems she x on a vendetta!pls what other measures will I employ to curb this her new found hobby?

You have to talk to her.
Beating her will only make her resent the baby.
Tell her this is your baby and you have to always protect her because she's yours.
Give her some little responsibilities like asking her to watch over him when he's asleep to make sure that nothing bites him and watch how she's keep an eye on her' baby.
Let her know the baby is hers and you'll see how she'll love him up. Don't call the baby "my baby" it will only make her jealous seeing as she was your only baby.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Giddyperson: 11:21am On May 23, 2017
Naomi14:
Really see me o! E bi like say dis vigilante don do me something Na so I go delivery room, after pushing I forget my atm pin. To pay hospital bill with POS kon bi wahala! cheesy My hubby had to bring cash.
Lmao like you pushed out your memory along with the baby

3 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Nobody: 11:29am On May 23, 2017

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Nobody: 11:29am On May 23, 2017
Am telling you! My hubby and my mom still yabs me till today. How is giddybaby? Does she still sleep for long
Giddyperson:

Lmao like you pushed out your memory along with the baby

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Giddyperson: 11:44am On May 23, 2017
Naomi14:
Am telling you! My hubby and my mom still yabs me till today. How is giddybaby? Does she still sleep for long
Hian Giddybaby has conquered me. I am hers to do with as she pleases. When she says jump I ask how high, and when she says you must dance all night, I ask 'which kind of dance do you prefer, local or international'. cheesy. She still sleeps a lot during the day but she wakes up 4-5 times at night

6 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by zaynie(f): 11:50am On May 23, 2017
Peepers Int'l Limited.
Show us your BumpityBump tongue

And you too Giddyperson, give us throwback smiley
I'm coming for the rest of you peepers o...

2 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Nobody: 11:58am On May 23, 2017
Lol! cheesy Na so o! Anything for our baby.
Giddyperson:

Hian Giddybaby has conquered me. I am hers to do as she pleases. When she says jump I ask how high, and when she says you must dance all night, I ask 'which kind of dance do you prefer, local or international'. cheesy. She still sleeps a lot during the day but she wakes up 4-5 times at night

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by miraclefromGod: 11:59am On May 23, 2017
Pls help jjc mamas o. Apart from folic acid which other prenatal drugs are we to start taking? Don't read and bypass o we need you senior mamas now.

According to LMP I am team January, team January cappo abeg add me...

3 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by zaynie(f): 12:00pm On May 23, 2017
miraclefromGod:
Pls help jjc mamas o. Apart from folic acid which other prenatal drugs are we to start taking? Don't read and bypass o we need you senior mamas now.

According to LMP I am team January, team January cappo abeg add me...

Una get Cappo? I don't think so o lipsrsealed
Folic acid is fine for now.
You also need to avoid pineapples and unripe pawpaw as it has been linked to uterine contractions and thus miscarriage or forced labour.

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Giddyperson: 12:03pm On May 23, 2017
zaynie:
Peepers Int'l Limited.
Show us your BumpityBump tongue

And you too Giddyperson, give us throwback smiley
I'm coming for the rest of you peepers o...
Ha Zaynie bye bye ana ekwu n'oku gbara fada.

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Mamitwins(f): 12:08pm On May 23, 2017
First time commenting here but a regular peeper , and it's because I was caught by mama zaynie peeping.

I will show my bump very soon on this thread because my case is settled by God's grace in this month in Jesus name and so many other GTC mama's too. Amen

#TeamFebruary2018#ByGod'sgrace
#MycaseisDifferent
#MummyIre's

21 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by zaynie(f): 12:11pm On May 23, 2017
Mamitwins:
First time commenting here but a regular peeper , and it's because I was caught by mama zaynie peeping.

I will show my bump very soon on this thread because my case is settled by God's grace in this month in Jesus name and so many other GTC mama's too. Amen

Amen!
As this is your first time commenting, by the special grace of the Almighty you will be back in a month's time to announce your entry into this thread!
Still on this thread you will announce the birth of your babies! By God's grace.

19 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by zaynie(f): 12:11pm On May 23, 2017
Giddyperson:

Ha Zaynie bye bye ana ekwu n'oku gbara fada.

I need translation please.
Somebody help! angry
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Orente21(f): 12:18pm On May 23, 2017
Iyomomoreloaded:
The good Lord shall perfect all dat concerns us before, during and after delivery.
We shall suffer no complications during childbirth nor any loss In Jesus mighty name Amen!!!

Blossomedcherry ; where you don carry our triplets run go? Hope y'all are doing great? Pls drop a word.

Suzzy4God kiss

Omolayo29 kiss

Rollykotex ; how are you doing mama, it's been a very long while you came in here ,hope u& baby are good?

Mofy1 kiss

Perfectcrown kiss

Targatarga kiss

Chinweotito kiss

I4eva kiss

Tiwatopebam ;
I neva port yet. After being 2d hospital twice&bin sent back home. Lo has bin quiet,bt body pains and insomia are at peck. Starting mat. leave officially June 1,hpfully 2port b4 den or rest b4 lo cums. Tnx 4checkin on me.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by nikkishola: 12:40pm On May 23, 2017
Bs 1
It all started early last year, when hubby dey disturb me to get pregnant again. Out of jealousy I presume. I still dey fear how I will survive the 9months and also his own work was not stable. Anytime I miss my period like this, I will just take fyjk. (don't ask me how it works)
I later make up my mind and put everything in God's hand Co's the matter has already caused so many issues. I got pregnant in September (last period was August) and to the glory of God, I didn't have morning sickness. I eat well, drink so well too, everything was OK.
Fast forward to January this year, when I was seeing blood coming out of my breast. I was so scared, I registered @ another hospital where I was given antibiotics. It didn't stop the blood from coming out. Hubby was telling me not to worry myself that it will stop when I give birth. I could not take my mind off it. I was asked to go and do breast scan, the money to do it scared me away. I read many similar cases online and found out its nothing to scare about

2 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Giddyperson: 12:40pm On May 23, 2017
zaynie:

I need translation please.
Somebody help! angry
Hohoho tongue
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Giddyperson: 12:45pm On May 23, 2017
nikkishola:
(don't ask me how it works)
What's that and how does it work cheesy cheesy

3 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Nobody: 12:48pm On May 23, 2017
zaynie:

I need translation please. Somebody help! angry
Father was burnt (normal translation)
Is an Igbo adage There's fire on the mountain. cheesy

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Mamitwins(f): 12:52pm On May 23, 2017
zaynie:

Amen!
As this is your first time commenting, by the special grace of the Almighty you will be back in a month's time to announce your entry into this thread!
Still on this thread you will announce the birth of your babies! By God's grace.

Amen in Jesus name. Thanks mama moyo, God bless you and yours forever.

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by mizz2posh: 12:57pm On May 23, 2017
[quote author=
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by miraclefromGod: 1:23pm On May 23, 2017
zaynie:

Una get Cappo? I don't think so o lipsrsealed
Folic acid is fine for now.
You also need to avoid pineapples and unripe pawpaw as it has been linked to uterine contractions and thus miscarriage or forced labour.

Oh we be jjc! don't worry we go get cappo soon. Thanks for the info...

2 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by nikkishola: 1:29pm On May 23, 2017
BS 2
On Friday 5th of May, my 3yrs son was playing with me, he tried to open my tummy, asking baby to come out so that he can buy happy hour for her, I just laughed and told him baby will come soon, the next day whislch is Saturday, I woke up around 6:30am, I noticed my underwear was kinda wet, told hubby, so he's preparing for us to go, I just remembered that I soaked some clothes, I tried to was them, this time I was feeling the contraction. I washed the bathroom, quickly washed the dirty dishes. Our place is 2 storey building, I went downstairs to dry the clothes I washed. This time it's already past 8am. I came back with bucket of water, I sha make sure I did some exercise and I didn't want neighbors to know. @ 9am, I carry my handbag (we normally drop our delivery bag 7 month @ hospital) hubby was dressing up for my son so that they can see me off, I could not wait again. I just told him I will call him. Initially it is mandatory for husband to be @ D labour room with the wife (the hospital principle) so I took bike. Thank God the place is not too far from my house, on getting there, they brought my delivery bag out, they tried to check me. The nurse just broke the water, I asked her how many cm am I, she just smiled and said I was fully dilated and ask me to call my hubby to start coming, I could not hold myself, the urge to push, the midwife said I should Hold on, she doesn't want me to have tier. I just couldn't hold it, I said is pushing me. Meanwhile I already dialed hubby's number. As he picked the call, baby just came out @9:25am. He was like "have u reached the place, should I start coming, the nurse said come right now..
Eventually I had tier, both in and out. Stitching is another story entirely. The baby weight 3.9. I give God the glory it ended well. I was discharged same day, in the evening since nothing was wrong with me and my baby.
Cc.Naomi14

43 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by nikkishola: 1:33pm On May 23, 2017
lipsrsealed
Giddyperson:

What's that and how does it work cheesy cheesy
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Iyomomoreloaded: 1:48pm On May 23, 2017
One more reason to be thankful to God Almighty!
Just came across this on IG & thot I shud share!

4 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Nobody: 1:51pm On May 23, 2017
Iyomomoreloaded:

Suzzy4God kiss

Omolayo29 kiss

Mofy1 kiss

Perfectcrown kiss

Targatarga kiss

Chinweotito kiss

I4eva kiss

Tiwatopebam ;
thanks for checking on us. I just started packing bag, I can't believe May is ending so soon. edd is first week of June. even as a ftm am not in a hurry my body is so calm. it will end in praise for all of us. amen

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (3083) (3084) (3085) (3086) (3087) (3088) (3089) ... (6954) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.