Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,482 members, 7,812,485 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 02:06 PM

Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk - Health (3942) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk (8131247 Views)

Birth Defects: Are You Pregnant Or Planning To? What You Need To Know! (pics) / Can I Still Get Pregnant Or Do I Remove The Fibroid / Revealed: The Secret Fertility System That Cures Infertility & Get You Pregnant (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (3939) (3940) (3941) (3942) (3943) (3944) (3945) ... (6955) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Mahoti(f): 3:26pm On Dec 15, 2017
kelizosuy:
Adele is 2months grin grin grin
see big girl ooh shocked

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by kelizosuy(f): 3:28pm On Dec 15, 2017
Thanks so much ma'am
proudmom38:

Fine babe
[quote
Zahn02:

Wow, she is so cute. Well done ma
author=Mahoti post=63309389]see big girl ooh shocked[/quote]

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by PatKing(f): 3:34pm On Dec 15, 2017
karyss:
...AUGUST2018

Am sorry my dear Momma...
Typo
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by PatKing(f): 3:36pm On Dec 15, 2017
sysengr:

Thanks cappo!
I was super excited when I saw her movement on the screen. Oh! what a great joy! I pray all ttc moms will experience this great joy very soon!
Funny enough,when I asked my 3 years old girl whether she wants a baby girl or a baby boy,she said a baby girl.seriously insisting on a baby girl until now. I just said thank you Lord.

When God is involved cheesy
Am so happy for her... I see Big Sis
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by lady25(f): 3:38pm On Dec 15, 2017
Team December ,How market o?
It shall end in praise for us all
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by PatKing(f): 3:40pm On Dec 15, 2017
kelizosuy:

See my pretty Girl!
God bless you.

2 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by JstBrave(f): 3:51pm On Dec 15, 2017
Good afternoon mommas in the house, I am a newcomer here plz.

I went for PT last week and it came out positive. The last period I had, started on 5th of November and ended on the 10th of November. Obviously, I am still in my first trimester.

Wasn't feeling too fine yesterday (my stomach was full, my food wasn't digesting fast even though I took some fruits and vegetables) and I decided to visit the hospital today for check up.

The doc I met told me the symptoms I am experiencing are normal during pregnancy and then prescribed some drugs. Was given paracetamol, promethazine and Maldox (containing sulfadoxine and pyrimethamine).

My concern now is this... I wasn't tested for malaria parasites but was given antimalaria drug. Is dt OK? Also, it was written on the pamphlet of the drug that "Maldox should not be used in the first trimester of pregnancy".

This is my first pregnancy. I need ur advice pls. Is there any antimalaria drug that's safe to use in first trimester? Or maybe I should go see another doc.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by thotianna: 4:18pm On Dec 15, 2017
JstBrave:

I went for PT last week and it came out positive. The last period I had, started on 5th of November and ended on the 10th of November. Obviously, I am still in my first trimester.

Wasn't feeling too fine yesterday (my stomach was full, my food wasn't digesting fast even though I took some fruits and vegetables)
The doc I met told me the symptoms I am experiencing are normal during pregnancy and then prescribed some drugs. Was given paracetamol, promethazine and Maldox
My concern now is this... I wasn't tested for malaria parasites but was given antimalaria drug. Is dt OK? Also, it was written on the pamphlet of the drug that "Maldox should not be used in the first trimester of pregnancy".
Congrats, first of all.
Please see another doc and do a proper malaria test as well. Not all Nigerian doctors are well trained. The drug doesn't seem safe for you as stated on the pack.

2 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by mummyjayson(f): 5:02pm On Dec 15, 2017
congtrats ma,,, well my hospital-ubth gives maldox to preggy mums,,, i was even given today doh im in my 3rd trimester,,,, so i dont know if its safe or not so pls just call anoda doc to confirm or oda experienced mums will advice u
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by mummyjayson(f): 5:03pm On Dec 15, 2017
my latest
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Ladychiny: 5:15pm On Dec 15, 2017
JstBrave:

Wasn't feeling too fine yesterday (my stomach was full, my food wasn't digesting fast even though I took some fruits and vegetables) and I decided to visit the hospital today for check up.

The doc I met told me the symptoms I am experiencing are normal during pregnancy and then prescribed some drugs. Was given paracetamol, promethazine and Maldox (containing sulfadoxine and pyrimethamine).

This is my first pregnancy. I need ur advice pls. Is there any antimalaria drug that's safe to use in first trimester? Or maybe I should go see another doc.

Please be very careful about taking medication at this stage. This stage when the baby is forming from basics is very delicate. I also feel all you're feeling and 8 weeks on.... Just bear it and enjoy it as much as you can. I don't eat at night due to indigestion and I also drink lots of water and eat little food at a time. Some doctors just like to medicalise pregnancy but this shouldn't be at all. Happy pregnancy to you!!!

2 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by olalayo1710(f): 5:16pm On Dec 15, 2017
kelizosuy:
thank God I didn't miss this, e pain me as I miss Anugod princess pix, Adele u shall be great in life, wait o kelizosuy is she sitting already or u guide her, u are doing a good job.

3 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Rhemy2013(f): 5:17pm On Dec 15, 2017
See cheek,baby Adele is beautiful..i for write application letter come buh Benny head they there @kelizosuy wink
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by olalayo1710(f): 5:18pm On Dec 15, 2017
[quote author=JstBrave post=63310061]Good afternoon mommas in the house, I am a newcomer here plz

This is my first pregnancy. I need ur advice pls. Is there any antimalaria drug that's safe to use in first trimester? Or maybe I should go see another

welcome to the club, wishing u happy and healthy bumping
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Trendytessy(f): 5:32pm On Dec 15, 2017
kelizosuy ur baby izza fine chubby girl
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by ffvsquared: 5:34pm On Dec 15, 2017
Maldox is taken after quickening, i. e after you start to feel your baby move. So pls don't take it pls. You can take ACTs at all trimesters of pregnancy

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Anugod(f): 5:55pm On Dec 15, 2017
kelizosuy:
kiss kiss
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Nobody: 5:58pm On Dec 15, 2017
cute and chubby princess
kelizosuy:

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by karyss: 6:00pm On Dec 15, 2017
@ jstbrave..... Congrats on ur pregnancy. Don't knw abt d drugs buh I'll say u seek a second opinion. Buh if its bearable I'll say u shd endure. Its a phase b4 u knw it, it will b gone.
Happy bumping teamie.

@ patking..... No problem ma. I knew it WS a typo

@keliziosy... Baby Adele is pretty.

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Anugod(f): 6:03pm On Dec 15, 2017
Roseey0:
Thank God I no miss this one
Anugod your baby is super pretty.

Am surprised u exclusively breast fed yet af is choking eyes already.
We were arguing over it the other day during antenatal, the nurse was saying it's because most women supplement with formula that's why it comes early. But she finally admitted that bodies are different sha.

Choose family planning method now o
TESTIMONY TIME grin grin grin grin

cc: sacredlily cheesy

Turns out it wasn't what I was thinking. shocked shocked Was really surprised that yesterday, but it didn't come out again. cool Maybe it was the remaining lochia hiding somewhere before cheesy tho it had stopped since 3 weeks pp

Or spotting? I sha no know, but it didn't continue.

Thank God o, I'm still free to dance skelewu as I like grin grin ahnie jazz kolewerk tongue tongue
Na 2025 things for me o lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

Nimi22 no mind ahnie, na she go carry belle come January tongue after all, Chibobo don be old man grin cheesy

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by JstBrave(f): 6:10pm On Dec 15, 2017
Thanks all for the prompt response mommas smiley smiley
Ain't taking no drug biko until a proper test is done....

I am gonna drop my EDD date here as soon as I know it. grin grin

Though I know it's gonna be August by God's grace

#teamAugust all the way!!!

2 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by PatKing(f): 6:17pm On Dec 15, 2017
JstBrave:
Thanks all for the prompt response mommas smiley smiley
Ain't taking no drug biko until a proper test is done....

I am gonna drop my EDD date here as soon as I know it. grin grin

Though I know it's gonna be August by God's grace

#teamAugust all the way!!!

You name just presented It's self.
Stay Brave!
If unbearable, seek a second opinion.
Congratulations

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by ahnie: 6:55pm On Dec 15, 2017
Nimi22:

Thanks my dear sweet ahnie. Plenty ppl go give you wives sef, see team April as gals full there.

Anugod someone has finally finished you.
you're welcome.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Anugod(f): 6:56pm On Dec 15, 2017
olalayo1710:
thank God I didn't miss this, e pain me as I miss Anugod princess pix, Adele u shall be great in life, wait o kelizosuy is she sitting already or u guide her, u are doing a good job.
Eiya sorry, maybe next time kiss kiss
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Nobody: 7:09pm On Dec 15, 2017
Team July how are we? how are we enjoying our first trimester? any morning sickness?

As for me, am having this reoccurring headache maybe it part of the experience.
I just realized I no longer tolerate any fragrance even that of soap. I have embraced black soap.

please everyone is agbalumo, lime/lemon in lipton tea save in first trimester? I really enjoy taking it because of the sour taste.

May God Almighty see us through successfully

#team JULY2018

sweetose
FloraEC
veedboss
ffvsquared
Rofemigua
rolk
VivyGift
LadyMessi
nutigal
kareenakapur

we are hoping and praying more and more will join us soonest.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by FloraEC(f): 7:23pm On Dec 15, 2017
Kareenakapur:
Team July how are we? how are we enjoying our first trimester? any morning sickness?

I just realized I no longer tolerate any fragrance even that of soap. I have embraced black soap.

please everyone is agbalumo, lime/lemon in lipton tea save in first trimester? I really enjoy taking it because of the sour taste.

May God Almighty see us through successfully

#team JULY2018

sweetose
FloraEC
veedboss
ffvsquared
Rofemiguwa
rolk
VivyGift
LadyMessi
nutigal
kareenakapur

we are hoping and praying more and more will join us soonest.

11wks1day gone and I still feel terrible. Morning sickness everyday sickness is dealing with me. I can't even keep down food except plain cold water or ice block. I tried beloxi biscuit, it dried my mouth but settled on my throat and I ended up vomiting it. I don't feel dizzy or tired or even food aversion or loss of appetite.

EDD lmp 4/07/2018
Scan 11/07/018

2 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by thotianna: 7:34pm On Dec 15, 2017
Kareenakapur:

Please no lime.
Many girls do abortion with lime and some other concoction. I don't know of lemon though.
I heard lipton is okay in small quantities.

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by kelizosuy(f): 7:49pm On Dec 15, 2017
Thanks ma'am at
Trendytessy,Patking,Rhemy23,

Anugod kiss kiss kiss kiss

Thanks to all the mamas

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by sweetose(f): 7:52pm On Dec 15, 2017
#team JULY2018

sweetose
FloraEC
veedboss
ffvsquared
Rofemigua
rolk
VivyGift
LadyMessi
nutigal
kareenakap

My sister, if there is another word for miserable that is how am feeling,my own is night night vomiting, all my colleagues are now my enemy because of perfume.soap nko?my new bathing soap now is canoe bar.God will make easy for us.una dooooo
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by kelizosuy(f): 7:53pm On Dec 15, 2017
grin grin grin grin grin I guilder her till the photographer was about snapping
olalayo1710:
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by sacredlily(f): 9:00pm On Dec 15, 2017
Anugod:
TESTIMONY TIME grin grin grin grin

cc: sacredlily cheesy

Turns out it wasn't what I was thinking. shocked shocked Was really surprised that yesterday, but it didn't come out again. cool Maybe it was the remaining lochia hiding somewhere before cheesy tho it had stopped since 3 weeks pp

Or spotting? I sha no know, but it didn't continue.

Thank God o, I'm still free to dance skelewu as I like grin grin ahnie jazz kolewerk tongue tongue
Na 2025 things for me o lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

Nimi22 no mind ahnie, na she go carry belle come January tongue after all, Chibobo don be old man grin cheesy
grin grin smiley wink huuuuuh, Ok naaaa. Na so mine take start ooooo. Spotted for like 5 consecutive days, i was not even bothered as i assumed it was loachia stl dropping.
angry sad tongue tongue gbagam na so d thing come open teeth on d 6th day with full force sad sad sad. and the flow was bomb. embarassed tongue tongue shocked shocked angry

2 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Awesomemama: 9:11pm On Dec 15, 2017
lady25:
Team December ,How market o?
It shall end in praise for us all

Fine o
Amen
Please want to ask, is it okay for baby to have hiccups daily?
I'm 37weeks+, it's really giving me concern.
Cc all mamas

(1) (2) (3) ... (3939) (3940) (3941) (3942) (3943) (3944) (3945) ... (6955) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.