Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,826 members, 7,813,731 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 05:10 PM

Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk - Health (3944) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk (8133945 Views)

Birth Defects: Are You Pregnant Or Planning To? What You Need To Know! (pics) / Can I Still Get Pregnant Or Do I Remove The Fibroid / Revealed: The Secret Fertility System That Cures Infertility & Get You Pregnant (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (3941) (3942) (3943) (3944) (3945) (3946) (3947) ... (6955) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by zaynie(f): 1:26pm On Dec 16, 2017
Na wa for Yoruba women o.
South West mamas, where una dey?
Abi today no be South West Kitchen Foodie Saturday tongue

As for me, Ikokore ijebu. (will post recipe later)
Water yam porridge. Very slimy and yummy cheesy
Straight from the party pot kiss
Will be loading more food from our wedding.
On the menu is Jollof and fried rice, moimoi, coleslaw, porridge, Amala, semo, Eforiro and slimy ane green and sweet tasting ewedu.

Stay tuned

14 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by forzarush(f): 1:28pm On Dec 16, 2017
Oliran:
Good evening mamas in the house, I've been an onlooker for a while on this thread despite not pregnant, I stumbled on diary section of Nairaland recently and I got glued to diaries related to pregnancy, I've read quite a number of diaries and I must say they are awesome, Forzarush, booqee, Benignasweety, Zaynie, giddyperson, Beyedew, Iomoge and Jina24, I never knew I will be joining this thread soon.
I'm 5weeks gone, I guess I'm one of team August and it's my first time.
Congratulations, wish you a h and h nine months!
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Laureen007: 1:31pm On Dec 16, 2017
Awesomemama:

Happy one month handsome kiss
thank you smiley

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Laureen007: 1:32pm On Dec 16, 2017
ahnie:

vanilicious cutie..abeg dash me the shoes.
than you... coman and take eet cheesy

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by forzarush(f): 1:33pm On Dec 16, 2017
Good afternoon mamas,missed you all.

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by sysengr(f): 1:54pm On Dec 16, 2017
PatKing:

When God is involved cheesy
Am so happy for her... I see Big Sis

Thanks ma. Really a big sis.

Proudly team april

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Nobody: 2:33pm On Dec 16, 2017
Handsome bobo,hapi 1mnth and many more to come.
Laureen007:
We are a month today... my little SONshine kiss kiss

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by olalayo1710(f): 2:39pm On Dec 16, 2017
Good afternoon mamas in d house, all our Yoruba mamas, pls come out and show our delicious soups we have.
As for me, am bringing how to cook this obe isapa( white zobo sepals soup). I grow up eating this soup form my grandma, trust me, this soup is bae, is best served with pounded yam, but you can use any swallow of your choice.

Recipe for Obe Isapa(white zobo sepals soup)

3 tin milk cups of blended Egusi
2 derica cup of Isapa( or as u like to feel the Isapa in the soup)note: we have fresh and dried isapa
Beefs, cow leg, kpomo(cow skin)
shaki(cow tripe)
smoked fish
handful of ground crayfish
1 tablespoon of washed iru( locust beans)
tomatoes
scotch bonnet pepper( ata rodo)
onion
2cooking spoon of palm oil
seasoning

method of cooking
If you are using dried Isapa soak with hot water for 30 minutes and wash thoroughly with water like 6 times cause dried one has a lot of dirts in it.
If using fresh isapa , boil it with little potash on fire for 15minutes, bring it down from heat, wash it thoroughly and set aside.

wash and season your beef kpomo, shaki and boil. You can boil the cow leg and shaki together because of its hardness. set aside

Blend your pepper, tomatoes, onion

In a pot, pour in your palm oil and heat on a Low heat till the oil clear, stir in the pepper, mix and fry, add your iru , crayfish powder and the smoked fish. reduce the heat
Mix your blended egusi with little grated onion, form little lump with the mix and add d egusi to the sauce and allow to simmer on low heat for about 7 minutes.
Add the beef, cow leg ,kpomo and shaki with the remaining stock u have and cook for 2 minutes

Increase the heat and add your washed Isapa and stir gently, allow to cook for 5minutes and bring it down.

Your Isapa is ready to be served with any swallow of your choice

29 Likes 21 Shares

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Oliran(f): 2:50pm On Dec 16, 2017
forzarush:
Congratulations, wish you a h and h nine months!
Thank you ma'am
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by SULPHUROXIDE: 2:52pm On Dec 16, 2017
Bomgirl:

Aswear, this pix is apt! sad angry cheesy cheesy
[qu
completey:

We dey o sis. grin grin grin at your meme
ote author=lioha post=63322186]

No be here grin[/quote]
It is well with us and our LO,
Please pardon me mamas,is it possible for baby's kick to break rib cage?

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by beyedew(f): 2:59pm On Dec 16, 2017
Isoko woman @Ahnie ooo cheesy cheesy cheesy.
Please borrow me Zino for just a weekend cheesy cheesy. Her only problem na gala. Jezzzz cheesy cheesy cheesy.
Laureen007, your lil man is cute. Happy 1 month old to him. Kiss his toes for me.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Ohferanmi(f): 3:02pm On Dec 16, 2017
I will like to officially join Team July ( not so sure though lmp SEP). Not gone for any scan

quote author=Kareenakapur post=63315015]Team July how are we? how are we enjoying our first trimester? any morning sickness?

As for me, am having this reoccurring headache maybe it part of the experience.
I just realized I no longer tolerate any fragrance even that of soap. I have embraced black soap.

please everyone is agbalumo, lime/lemon in lipton tea save in first trimester? I really enjoy taking it because of the sour taste.

May God Almighty see us through successfully

#team JULY2018

sweetose
FloraEC
veedboss
ffvsquared
Rofemigua
rolk
VivyGift
LadyMessi
nutigal
kareenakapur

we are hoping and praying more and more will join us soonest.[/quote]

7 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by FloraEC(f): 3:05pm On Dec 16, 2017
zaynie:
Na wa for Yoruba women o.
South West mamas, where una dey?
Abi today no be South West Kitchen Foodie Saturday tongue

As for me, Ikokore ijebu. (will post recipe later)
Water yam porridge. Very slimy and yummy cheesy
Straight from the party pot kiss
Will be loading more food from our wedding.
On the menu is Jollof and fried rice, moimoi, coleslaw, porridge, Amala, semo, Eforiro and slimy ane green and sweet tasting ewedu.

Stay tuned

I jump and pass any longer throat spirit today. #battlinglashes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by ahnie: 3:06pm On Dec 16, 2017
beyedew:
Isoko woman @Ahnie ooo cheesy cheesy cheesy.
Please borrow me Zino for just a weekend cheesy cheesy. Her only problem na gala. Jezzzz cheesy cheesy cheesy.
Laureen007, your lil man is cute. Happy 1 month old to him. Kiss his toes for me.
pls leave the shoes for me.hian u ma wantew drag drag.Nimi22 has also snatched my son's wife.

EET z not fairs 0.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Laureen007: 3:07pm On Dec 16, 2017
Sansa143:
Handsome bobo,hapi 1mnth and many more to come.
thank you smiley

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by ahnie: 3:11pm On Dec 16, 2017
ma'am olalayo1710

e da Ku ma.....gini by isapa?what z isapa?
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by ahnie: 3:15pm On Dec 16, 2017
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by olalayo1710(f): 4:04pm On Dec 16, 2017
ahnie:
ma'am olalayo1710

e da Ku ma.....gini by isapa?what z isapa?
I think Isapa is called Roselle plant in English, there is red and white version, the red version is use to make zobo drink, but the white is use for the soup( reason unknown to me though)

we have dried and fresh one, I couldn't lay my hands on the fresh version picture( and to say I still use it to cook last week o), but this is the dried one and the red one use for zobo.

congrats on your Bro baby girl, God protection on the princess

3 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by olalayo1710(f): 4:09pm On Dec 16, 2017
madam zaynie, come and give us the recipe for this ikokore, I have not taken it in my life, as I see am now my throat just dey do longer longer.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Aneeks: 4:23pm On Dec 16, 2017
Foodie Saturday...fried peppered snails.
*wears helmet for doing preggy mamas longerthroat* grin grin

6 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by JUMAYIN(f): 4:38pm On Dec 16, 2017
Nawaao, nobody even asked after me, had a Mc @8weeks, well my 2nd missionary journey is back again, had another bfp barely weeks after d Mc, all thanks to God, Mc is a dreadful experience that I don't wish my enemy, d evacuation process is damn!!! Where are my november 2016 teamies?@iomoge2

18 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by JUMAYIN(f): 4:41pm On Dec 16, 2017
Am signing in for #teamjune.. Yipyip

9 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by kelizosuy(f): 4:50pm On Dec 16, 2017
kiss kiss kiss kiss cutie
Laureen007:
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by hunniesuzie: 4:53pm On Dec 16, 2017
Efo riro

Vegetable: shoko, tete. You can even use ugu (pluck, cut, wash with salt and set aside
Fresh pepper: blend coarsely with onions. Absolutely no tomatoes
Iru horo (locusts beans. The whole ones)
Smoked eja osan (catfish?) fish - Wash (I use hot water and salt), debone, set aside
Pomo - wash and cut into small pieces
Assorted meat - shaki, abodi, roundabout, liver, kidney, snail, beef...there is no limit to this (Wash, season well and cook then cut into small pieces. The idea of the small pieces is that as you carry one lump of swallow, meat must follow it. Let the stock be almost dry. Efo doesn't need much water)
Palmoil like 2 table spoons
Crayfish - blended one. 2 tablespoons
Maggi to taste
Salt to taste

Method
Put your palm oil in the pot and allow to bleach a bit. Then put the pepper and allow to cook very well till it's dry like a paste (efo riro doesnt like water, yes I'm repeating myself but this is important) Put your stock from your meat, crayfish and the iru. You can add some more salt/maggi (that's if the seasoning from your stock wasn't enough). Allow to cook for 5 mins then put your meat, pomo. Allow to steam for 5 mins. Put the smoked fish (last so it doesn't scatter in the soup) then vegetables. Turn it very well to allow all the juice to enter the leaves. Steam for 3 mins and put off your fire. Enjoy with any swallow

Sorry my quantities are shaky. I gauge with my eye
Pictures from the internet.

12 Likes 14 Shares

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Laureen007: 4:57pm On Dec 16, 2017
kelizosuy:
kiss kiss kiss kiss cutie
thank you smiley
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by karyss: 5:04pm On Dec 16, 2017
JUMAYIN:
Nawaao, nobody even asked after me, had a Mc @8weeks, well my 2nd missionary journey is back again, had another bfp barely weeks after d Mc, all thanks to God, Mc is a dreadful experience that I don't wish my enemy, d evacuation process is damn!!! Where are my november 2016 teamies?@iomoge2

Sorry abt ur loss. Gud u r back again. Congratulations ma.
U will carry ds one to term

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by karyss: 5:05pm On Dec 16, 2017
Laureen007:

Handsome boy. Weldone mummy.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by karyss: 5:08pm On Dec 16, 2017
[quote author=Ohferanmi post=63337383]I will like to officially join Team July ( not so sure though lmp SEP).

Welcome ma. Congrats .
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by hunniesuzie: 5:11pm On Dec 16, 2017
Ayamase aka Ofada sauce

Green tatase (not green pepper oh. The red one. But the green (unripe) one of it. This makes sense in my head grin). If you want the colour to be correct your tatashe needs to be green.
Ata rodo (the small pepper)
Iru horo (whole locust beans)
Assorted meat (see previous post) - Wash, season and cook
Stock
Onions (chopped)
Blended crayfish
Salt and maggi to taste
Palm oil
Boiled eggs

Blend the peppers together. Without the onion. Blend coarsely. Then boil till it's cooked

Put about 3 cooking spoons of palm oil in a pot. Cover it. Bleach for about 10 mins. Then put off the fire. Leave covered and allow to cool. Once it's cool, open and put the onions (hope you've lit the fire back at this point abi ya waiting for me to tell you tongue) allow the onions to cook a bit then add the iru and let it fry for about 5 mins. Then add the meat and allow to fry as well, maybe 7 mins or so till the oil is bubbling above it. Add your blended pepper. Allow to fry till the oil rises above it. Add crayfish, salt and maggi if necessary. Lower the heat and allow to cook. Put your boiled egg, simmer for another 2 mins and your sauce is done

Serve with Ofada or any type of rice

I got this recipe from Dooney's kitchen and it works for me

13 Likes 24 Shares

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by karyss: 5:13pm On Dec 16, 2017
ahnie:
praise the lord.
Mamas follow me dance ooooooooo.my immediate elder brother in Spain... his wife just put to bed.a pretty shinny beautiful yummy looking,ice creamlicious,intellicious,starlicious,blazlicious baby girl.after almost five painful years of TTC.

*sprays powder*

oghene wvo ko bi wro,agadagbururu migwo!

Congratulations to ur brodas family. Gud news all da way.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by karyss: 5:16pm On Dec 16, 2017
Cynate:

That's the day I also saw my period last
I having the same problem now
I spit anyhow
I'm just tried now

Congratulations ma. Welcome to team august.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Pweetiebabe(f): 5:27pm On Dec 16, 2017
olalayo1710:
Wow u just made me remember my grandma, she loves to cook Isapa soup especially during festive period and we tone it down with correct pounded yam,infarct there was a year I ate dis soup sotey I spent most of D night in D toilet(purging tinz)

(1) (2) (3) ... (3941) (3942) (3943) (3944) (3945) (3946) (3947) ... (6955) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.