Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,191 members, 7,815,154 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 08:19 AM

Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk - Health (416) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk (8140388 Views)

Birth Defects: Are You Pregnant Or Planning To? What You Need To Know! (pics) / Can I Still Get Pregnant Or Do I Remove The Fibroid / Revealed: The Secret Fertility System That Cures Infertility & Get You Pregnant (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (413) (414) (415) (416) (417) (418) (419) ... (6955) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by nefertitiram: 8:11pm On Mar 08, 2015
kaffy4bill:

The person wil sure b monitored b4 preg and register for antenatal care immediately after conception and ensure registration in a good hosp for a multi disciplinary approach(gynaecologist, cardiologist and dietitian) cos sure some of the drugs b4 conception wil hv to b dropped for dose safe during preg. Must report any undue signs to d hosp and leave no stone unturned til successful delivery, hope dis helps

Please signs like?
During TTC my BP was 140/90, last preg with twins, it was 120/80 all thru d preg.
After delivery, it went back to 140/90, I was put on Aldomet but docs I saw in US changed it to one drug that made me sleep and pee anyhow.
I think it worked, I didn't get a refill. When I got preg at 7 weeks, it was 120/70, bt wen I went to the clinic at 14 weeks it was 150/100. I actually didn't sleep too well that night, and anytime I don't sleep well, it reflects on my BP.
Is this something I should be worried about? I am not on any medications though. I have decided to stay in bed all day and sleep like 3 times daily
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by mytestimony: 8:13pm On Mar 08, 2015
Beedam how vigilante?
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by asoasiko: 8:25pm On Mar 08, 2015
6 Tips On Looking After Newborn Babies
Caring for your baby is certainly one of the most important things you need to consider once you became a new parent. There are many things you need to take into account in order to make sure that your baby gets all the attention.

Firstly as an expectant mother or father, you need to ....
Click link to continue reading: http://www.tenderplus.com.ng/6-tips-on-looking-after-newborn-babies/
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by beedam(f): 9:47pm On Mar 08, 2015
mytestimony:
Beedam how vigilante?

It's been as sweet as honey wink. How ur side too?
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by tchiwinnie: 10:23pm On Mar 08, 2015
cutekonkolo:
Goodd morning Mamas in the ouse, Happy sunday to us all. I went for a scan yesterday at 33weeks 3days, and the estimated weight of my baby was shown to be 2.7kg, this is d same weight my friend's LO weighed at birth and knowing fully well babies continue adding fat till wen they reach term. Please mamas, is this weight not on the high side at d stage? Then if yes, what can I do to slow down d weight before full term. I am worried cos I don't think I can handle biggy baby during delivery.
did ur mum hv big babies? are u and ur husband on d big side? wots ur feeding like. u may nt really expect ur baby's birth wt to b same as dat of ur friend's cos several factors come into play. In all, eat healthy(nt for 2)
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by tchiwinnie: 10:31pm On Mar 08, 2015
@goosebump and keji3, adhere to ur dr's instruction(as long as u hv confidence in him). Goosebump dat bp is high(nt to scare u o).Tk d drugs prescribed, try to rest as much as possible reduce ur salt intake. Always check for protein in urine at each ANC visit. If there s protein(up to 2pluses) plus legswelling, den ur dr might want to deliver u at d earliest possible tym.Wotever complaint u hv, pls say it out, dont try to excuse it or form strong woman. Dont worry, u ll b fine. This ll surely end in praise.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by cutekonkolo(f): 10:54pm On Mar 08, 2015
tchiwinnie:
did ur mum hv big babies? are u and ur husband on d big side? wots ur feeding like. u may nt really expect ur baby's birth wt to b same as dat of ur friend's cos several factors come into play. In all, eat healthy(nt for 2)

Thanks for ur response
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by ritayoung(f): 3:11am On Mar 09, 2015
Pls mamas in the house I need advise on how to manage heart burn in pregnancy, I just started having heart burn recently I don't know the cause of it...especially at night.... Tnx
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Kimoni: 5:35am On Mar 09, 2015
ritayoung:
Pls mamas in the house I need advise on how to manage heart burn in pregnancy, I just started having heart burn recently I don't know the cause of it...especially at night.... Tnx

Hmnnnnnnn

This is one of dem pregnancy packages my dear, but good thing is it stops when the baby descends down to ur pelvic area freeing up ur tommy.

For now, try and eat food in bits instead of one full meal you are used to especially at night which is when it disturbs you.

Some food also trigger the heart burn, for me it used to be beans so I avoided it all through, so look for those food that trigger it and avoid them for now.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Ammy200: 6:31am On Mar 09, 2015
mumsgirl27:
Lovely and funny birth story. May God guide and protect them.

Mamas in the house, abeg I fit eat Afang soup and white soup. am craving for them badly

Afang soup is very nutritious for a pregnant and nursing mother.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Mzora(f): 6:49am On Mar 09, 2015
Thank u mamas 4 ur prayers and good wishes. may the good lord grant all pushing mamas safe delivery,TTC mamas their miracle babies,and vigilante mamas the strength to take care of their lo's. beedam u're right o,vigilante no b small tin o. I've not rily slept well.BT in all I thank God. To all the remaining march mamas u'll deliver wt easy.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by sayoberry(f): 6:53am On Mar 09, 2015
I can't read back o. Got my hands full. Thanks for everyone that asked of me. March mamas hang in there. My twins are the type that like to cry, eat and poop at the same time... But they don't like to sleep at the same time. So as I'm changing one diaper, the other is pooing. As I dey pet one, d oda go begin cry. I feed the two of them at the same time. I carry them on each hand while they feed. Or I put pillows on my thigh, put one baby on each side and hold there heads towards my breast. I'm trying to see if I can give them without formula for 3months. Other twin mamas... Pls go to Google on how to breastfeed Ur babies at once, it will come in handy. Though some of my methods are not on Google... Cos when my babies shout I just improvise positions without even thinking.
Will update soon.
I've not even had chance to drink Milo.
Taking care of two alone is not easy

4 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Keji3: 8:21am On Mar 09, 2015
Thanks @tchiwinnie I had 1 plus for protein in urine but no swelling on legs or face but i've started on my drugs so hopefully my next ANC, i'll have better news to share.

Good morning house...wishing us all a stress free week. Mama Ibeji @sayoberry weldone o the Lord is ur strength.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by cutiereborn(f): 9:17am On Mar 09, 2015
This is the only avenue I can use to say this, seeing I don't have a diary anymore on NL.
@Mollytinrox, u have a beautiful soul no matter what anyone else tells you. Thanks for the numerous mentions in ur post and especially for the prayers. It is greatly apperciated.
One of the reasons I follow you, is cos ur diary isn't pretencious but bares ur mind as you see it and I apperciate that in a person. Keep being you & never settle for less! Regards to BeeBee & lil posh princess(FiFi).
Now am done with my reason for posting this morning, shout out to all pushing Mamas. This week brings us closer to our EDD, take care of urselves & the LO's. #teamseptember!

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by beedam(f): 9:57am On Mar 09, 2015
Mzora:
Thank u mamas 4 ur prayers and good wishes. may the good lord grant all pushing mamas safe delivery,TTC mamas their miracle babies,and vigilante mamas the strength to take care of their lo's. beedam u're right o,vigilante no b small tin o. I've not rily slept well.BT in all I thank God. To all the remaining march mamas u'll deliver wt easy.

Vigilante no easy at all. It's just God that gives one strength. Still thinking of when I will sleep. The worst thing is if my baby no sleep,i go dey complain,if he over sleeps,i will be checking him every minute to be sure all is well so I won't still sleep. No be small thing o

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by beedam(f): 10:01am On Mar 09, 2015
sayoberry:
I can't read back o. Got my hands full. Thanks for everyone that asked of me. March mamas hang in there. My twins are the type that like to cry, eat and poop at the same time... But they don't like to sleep at the same time. So as I'm changing one diaper, the other is pooing. As I dey pet one, d oda go begin cry. I feed the two of them at the same time. I carry them on each hand while they feed. Or I put pillows on my thigh, put one baby on each side and hold there heads towards my breast. I'm trying to see if I can give them without formula for 3months. Other twin mamas... Pls go to Google on how to breastfeed Ur babies at once, it will come in handy. Though some of my methods are not on Google... Cos when my babies shout I just improvise positions without even thinking.
Will update soon.

Lol @ the milo part. So you mean there are people who can separate you and milo. ROTFLOL. Oya nah,go drink thick milo make I see. Even sef no time to drink watery milo abi tongue
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by beedam(f): 10:04am On Mar 09, 2015
ritayoung:

My doctor said I should use gestid during the time I had it. It was a horrible experience. Sorry dearie, It will end in praise!
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by goosebumps: 5:46pm On Mar 09, 2015
tchiwinnie:
@goosebump and keji3, adhere to ur dr's instruction(as long as u hv confidence in him). Goosebump dat bp is high(nt to scare u o).Tk d drugs prescribed, try to rest as much as possible reduce ur salt intake. Always check for protein in urine at each ANC visit. If there s protein(up to 2pluses) plus legswelling, den ur dr might want to deliver u at d earliest possible tym.Wotever complaint u hv, pls say it out, dont try to excuse it or form strong woman. Dont worry, u ll b fine. This ll surely end in praise.
@ Tchwinnie
thanks dear. I slept all through sunday morning nd went back to check it in d evening.it was down to120/70. I pray it stays that way o. Thanks for the advice.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by sexiebecky(f): 6:45pm On Mar 09, 2015
sayoberry:
Will update soon.
@ iya beji,may God give u d strength to take care of ur prince and prince. After readin ur post,fear jst entered my hrt,I hope I can cope wit twins as my Edd is fast approachin. May God help us all in Jesus NAme! Amen. It will surely end in praise 4 all of us
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by sayoberry(f): 7:15pm On Mar 09, 2015
beedam:

Lol @ the milo part. So you mean there are people who can separate you and milo. ROTFLOL. Oya nah,go drink thick milo make I see. Even sef no time to drink watery milo abi tongue
I scrubbed the twins today so they slept for long and I made my Milo 'extra thick' tongue

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by sayoberry(f): 7:18pm On Mar 09, 2015
sexiebecky:
@ iya beji,may God give u d strength to take care of ur prince and prince. After readin ur post,fear jst entered my hrt,I hope I can cope wit twins as my Edd is fast approachin. May God help us all in Jesus NAme! Amen. It will surely end in praise 4 all of us
Why u dey fear? I'm sure u will have lots of help from people. U know say for now I'm all alone, so I gats step up mother hood.

Beedam tongue Ur shakara for me don end

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by sayoberry(f): 7:23pm On Mar 09, 2015
cancerlib:

God bless u. I dnnt av a bounce ball either, but i cn bounce on toes. Wch one is Kpekus
Kpekus is what made u pregnant grin
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Motun31(f): 8:00pm On Mar 09, 2015
Good evening Mamas in the house. Is boot oil, powder n soap good for babies. N had cream shouldnt be applied on baby's body until 6 months except sheabutter.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by modath(f): 8:22pm On Mar 09, 2015
@sayoberry,
When Alicia keys was writing superwoman,even though she didn't name check you,I'm sure she had you somewhere in her mind. I trowey cap give you.. Welldone. wink

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by imurboss: 12:47am On Mar 10, 2015
beedam:

I took a tablespoon of it and labour started almost immediately . If you want take small,oya go take teaspoon na tongue. I think it's because I ve zero tolerance to pain. You can try it if you can make I no scare you. I read about a lot of people who used it.

All these plan wey you dey plan for your husband, diaris God ooooooo

Lolzz. At what stage did u take it,how many weeks were u then. Sorry for the plenty questions
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by demiiii(f): 3:12am On Mar 10, 2015
Hello mamas, is it ok to drinkk lots of milk during pregnancy, I have lost weight sometimes during my pregnancy due to emotional issues affecting me. I need help on what to do? Although I have gained weight back but I am confused as to the exact month /weeks I am.
beedam:

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Kimoni: 4:09am On Mar 10, 2015
Motun31:
Good evening Mamas in the house. Is boot oil, powder n soap good for babies. N had cream shouldnt be applied on baby's body until 6 months except sheabutter.

Boots products are very ok but be sure of the source to ensure they are original products. Used them for my first baby and had no regrets. Got the products from Boots directly or a trusted source on Lagos Island. No powder for me in the first 6 months though.

I use sheabutter for the first month and mix it with baby cream in subsequent months to prevent dryness.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by mytestimony: 8:12am On Mar 10, 2015
What is this thing about not using baby lotion for new born? Abeg make una answer me o.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by modath(f): 9:08am On Mar 10, 2015
mytestimony:
What is this thing about not using baby lotion for new born? Abeg make una answer me o.

Its just a precautionary measure cos some babies react to it.it's not cast in stone,if you'd like to experiment,go ahead. If you discover its not ok discontinue its usage.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Vanije: 9:16am On Mar 10, 2015
Dudugirl01:
Wow, I love this thread, I'm actually in my 35th week and I must confess, I can't wait to meet this little person that has been kicking and punching me! No complications whatsoever, just that nowadays, I find it very difficult toget out of bed, I sleep till late in the morning and I find myself waking up @ odd times in the night feeling so hungry, in all, I'm grateful, I just can't wait to have my little one in my hands though he/she won't show sex when I went for scan which has made clothes shopping very difficult, I just had to with unisex clothes, I'm excited all the same!
Awwn, wishing you the safest delivery sis. That's goes out also to all expectant moms. Shoutout to the babes too though when they eventually turn up into the world. cheesy
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by FexCathy: 9:51am On Mar 10, 2015
Abeg mamas, I get pains like menstrual cramps evryday o! Is dat false contractions?

(1) (2) (3) ... (413) (414) (415) (416) (417) (418) (419) ... (6955) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: ooty and 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.