Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,160 members, 7,815,038 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 05:50 AM

Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk - Health (415) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk (8140166 Views)

Birth Defects: Are You Pregnant Or Planning To? What You Need To Know! (pics) / Can I Still Get Pregnant Or Do I Remove The Fibroid / Revealed: The Secret Fertility System That Cures Infertility & Get You Pregnant (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (412) (413) (414) (415) (416) (417) (418) ... (6955) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Kimoni: 7:22pm On Mar 07, 2015
MiracleMum:
Congrats to all the new mom's. May God bless and keep our los. Av been missing in action, it's not been easy managing my cs body and my baby alone. Am loosing weight by the day. Chai all those whose mom is still alive, be thanking God oh.

I feel you, God is your strength.

Try and stock up cooked food in the freezer, it saves a lot of time. It is well.

2 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Kimoni: 7:25pm On Mar 07, 2015
mytestimony:
All this march mamas wey de fear to be next. All of dem de push me say na me be next. Hia!
Una de shout make march come. Now e don come una de run de push mytestimony go front. Hmmmmm ok o

Lol....irony of life

Make you kukuma receive the anointing na
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Splendblex(f): 8:07pm On Mar 07, 2015
mytestimony:

No worry my bags de door. Infact dh said we should put the bags in the car. Anxiety make am de sick sef. This men eh! So me wey come hold the bele nko? God will see all of us thru.
Hahaha, like say na him go commot d pikin.Amen o
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Splendblex(f): 8:12pm On Mar 07, 2015
FexCathy:

@ mytestimony, jus interchange am na. Put ur name before splendblex cos all d vision wey all of us don see say u be nxt so, lol!
Naso o, then you next.Lolz...after you,I collect d baton.Abi how u see am?

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by mrs2u(f): 8:22pm On Mar 07, 2015
sheweezy:

Don't be scared, you should do a fasting blood sugar test. I am 26 weeks gone, 4 weeks ago, excess glucose was found in my urine also, I was asked if I had history of diabetes in the family of which I have a long list of folks with diabetes. But I didn't want to accept cos I am always careful about sugar and try to balance my meals even before pregnancy. I spoke to about 4 doctors about it and was advised to do the fasting blood sugar test. It means u won't eat or drink water for 12 hours, which obviously will be at night, so the next morning, u go for the blood test. When I did the blood test, it showed everything was normal.
Also, u can do the test somewhere else to be sure. And if it is gestational diabetes, All u will do is manage your diet and in 90% of cases, it disappears after delivery.
So relax sis, you will be fine.

Thanks so much dear sis, feel so relieved now, will watch out what I eat and re test next ANC. God bless you
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by mrs2u(f): 8:27pm On Mar 07, 2015
modath:
@Mzora,
Congratulations,God bless you and the lil princess.

@Mrs2u,
Are you overweight?sugar in blood doesn't necessarily translate to white sugar or fructose in other form's ingestion,it may mean as already advised to slow down on carb heavy meals,do more of protein and veggies.

@mytseti,
You don become prophetess,na make u build small basha for consultation remain. smiley

Am not overweight, but I am guilty of eating heavy ever since my 2ND trimester, I will definitely watch out on my meals now no matter d craving. Thanks sis. God bless
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by goosebumps: 10:28pm On Mar 07, 2015
goosebumps:
Congrats sayo and other march mums.
In fact congratulations to all of us both in arrears and in advance.

Please I need help o
on my last ANC the doc was concerned about my blood pressure. 190/100. And my urine had trace glucose. Please is the blood pressure really bad? I refuse to be scared cos I know in Jesus name all will be alright.
He gave me some drugs though but I'll like to know if there are any lifestyle changes I can make to help the drugs work better.

I'm not overweight, almost skinny self and meat irritates me so those causes are ruled out. I have a very stressful job though. I'm about 20wks.

Sorry for the long tory but im concerned.
Nurses and docs please respond ooo

nobody wants to answer me since morning oooo cry
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Keji3: 10:38pm On Mar 07, 2015
goosebumps:

nobody wants to answer me since morning oooo cry

Sis i'm also in same shoes with u o infact I went for ANC 2day in hope for better news regarding my blood pressure but it was even higher than the last time and my protein level in urine went from just trace to positive. The doctor placed me on aldomite and Nifedipine today, I wish there was something else I knw I can do cos it's. Giving me loads of concern. I'm also 20 weeks gone
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by mytestimony: 7:52am On Mar 08, 2015
Nurse kaffy. Tchwinnie. Other experienced mamas please answer goosebumps and keji3.
Please worry will only continue to incrrase your bp. Try and calm down. Cut of salt or cut down on salt.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by FexCathy: 7:55am On Mar 08, 2015
Splendblex:

Naso o, then you next.Lolz...after you,I collect d baton.Abi how u see am?

Hahahaha. Splendblex e bi like me and u na d same period o! Mak we see who go drop 1st sha
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Keji3: 8:02am On Mar 08, 2015
mytestimony:
Nurse kaffy. Tchwinnie. Other experienced mamas please answer goosebumps and keji3.
Please worry will only continue to incrrase your bp. Try and calm down. Cut of salt or cut down on salt.

Thanks mama God bless you.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by ritayoung(f): 8:40am On Mar 08, 2015
Pls house I need advice am in my 28week and scan said my baby is transverse meaning the baby head is nnot down, I don't know when my baby will position well ,pls am a first timer. Is there anything I can do to position the baby before my EDD
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Kimoni: 9:13am On Mar 08, 2015
ritayoung:
Pls house I need advice am in my 28week and scan said my baby is transverse meaning the baby head is nnot down, I don't know when my baby will position well ,pls am a first timer. Is there anything I can do to position the baby before my EDD

Don't worry too much about this, ur baby still has plenty of time to turn and it most likely will.

Try and take long walks to encourage ur baby.

All the best mama!
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by MiracleMum(f): 9:32am On Mar 08, 2015
Kimoni:

I feel you, God is your strength.

Try and stock up cooked food in the freezer, it saves a lot of time. It is well.

Thank you oh
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by mytestimony: 9:41am On Mar 08, 2015
My doctor believes in leaving the baby in the womb for as long as possible as there is much brain development that continued until the 40th week. I've heard of other doctors who will do scheduled c-sections anywhere from 36 weeks on but I would rather go as close to the due date as possible. 
Una wey they push the anointing come my side thanks alot but I am still flexing my cute bump.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by goosebumps: 9:56am On Mar 08, 2015
mytestimony:

thanks dear
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by mumsgirl27(f): 10:23am On Mar 08, 2015
Splendblex:

I chop Afang wella, but didn't like white soup.
Are you in calabar?
Nope, am in abuja.

Mzora....congratulations darling, God bless your cutie

Good Morning pushing and vigilante mama....Happy Sunday.

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by mytestimony: 11:03am On Mar 08, 2015
Please answer urgently
My areola is dry and flaky. Despite me cleaning with olive oil and rubbing vasline der. Wat can I do
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by kaffy4bill(f): 11:05am On Mar 08, 2015
goosebumps:
Congrats sayo and other march mums.
In fact congratulations to all of us both in arrears and in advance.

Please I need help o
on my last ANC the doc was concerned about my blood pressure. 190/100. And my urine had trace glucose. Please is the blood pressure really bad? I refuse to be scared cos I know in Jesus name all will be alright.
He gave me some drugs though but I'll like to know if there are any lifestyle changes I can make to help the drugs work better.

I'm not overweight, almost skinny self and meat irritates me so those causes are ruled out. I have a very stressful job though. I'm about 20wks.

Sorry for the long tory but im concerned.
Nurses and docs please respond ooo

So sori 4 d late response, the migraine bn dealing wit me seriously,the boys and work too no gree me much time.
Goosepump and keji, if ur bp use to b normal before preg den it's called pregnancy induced hypertension which wil normalise after birth or continue.
Any family history of hypertension?
U nid lots of rest,low salt diet and management by a gud gynaecologist
Any headache,blurred vision, swollen feet must b reported immediately to the hosp
Nothing must b taken for granted.
And u nid to b positive, worry wil only add to the situation. Hope dis helps
Sincerely wish I can respond alwaz but pls bear wit me
Congrats to all new mamas and to all march peeps, all the best
#Teamjulyalltheway#
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by kaffy4bill(f): 11:07am On Mar 08, 2015
mytestimony:
Please answer urgently
My areola is dry and flaky. Despite me cleaning with olive oil and rubbing vasline der. Wat can I do

Don't stop cleaning, nothing to worry abt
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Kimoni: 11:42am On Mar 08, 2015
mytestimony:
My doctor believes in leaving the baby in the womb for as long as possible as there is much brain development that continued until the 40th week. I've heard of other doctors who will do scheduled c-sections anywhere from 36 weeks on but I would rather go as close to the due date as possible. 
Una wey they push the anointing come my side thanks alot but I am still flexing my cute bump.

Infact doctors won't touch your baby until about 42 weeks.

The scheduled C-Section are always due to one problem or the other with the pregnancy and when it becomes safer to deliver the baby alive that take some risk leaving it in the womb.

From 37 weeks, the baby becomes a full term ie fully developed, and good to come out anytime after. Most women prefer for them to come out after this time cuz they just keep getting bigger inside and labour tends to become more difficult in most cases.

But ultimately, ur baby will decided when he or she wants to show face so relax -smiley
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Kimoni: 11:44am On Mar 08, 2015
mytestimony:
Please answer urgently

Once your milk starts coming, rub some of the milk on it. It's weird but works.

Also get a good nipp.le cream ready to use during breastfeeding.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by nefertitiram: 12:02pm On Mar 08, 2015
kaffy4bill:

So sori 4 d late response, the migraine bn dealing wit me seriously,the boys and work too no gree me much time.
Goosepump and keji, if ur bp use to b normal before preg den it's called pregnancy induced hypertension which wil normalise after birth or continue.
Any headache,blurred vision, swollen feet must b reported immediately to the hosp
#Teamjulyalltheway#

What if you had hypertension before pregnancy?
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by cutekonkolo(f): 12:04pm On Mar 08, 2015
Goodd morning Mamas in the ouse, Happy sunday to us all. I went for a scan yesterday at 33weeks 3days, and the estimated weight of my baby was shown to be 2.7kg, this is d same weight my friend's LO weighed at birth and knowing fully well babies continue adding fat till wen they reach term. Please mamas, is this weight not on the high side at d stage? Then if yes, what can I do to slow down d weight before full term. I am worried cos I don't think I can handle biggy baby during delivery.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Kimoni: 12:59pm On Mar 08, 2015
cutekonkolo:
Goodd morning Mamas in the ouse, Happy sunday to us all. I went for a scan yesterday at 33weeks 3days, and the estimated weight of my baby was shown to be 2.7kg, this is d same weight my friend's LO weighed at birth and knowing fully well babies continue adding fat till wen they reach term. Please mamas, is this weight not on the high side at d stage? Then if yes, what can I do to slow down d weight before full term. I am worried cos I don't think I can handle biggy baby during delivery.

Your baby's weight is okay and will not come too big as you think.

Pls relax and trust God that ur delivery will be seamless.

There is nothing much you can do to stop baby from adding weight or growing. It's a natural process. All the best!
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by cutekonkolo(f): 1:07pm On Mar 08, 2015
Kimoni:

Your baby's weight is okay and will not come too big as you think.

Pls relax and trust God that ur delivery will be seamless.

There is nothing much you can do to stop baby from adding weight or growing. It's a natural process. All the best!

Thx for ur response, I really appreciate it

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by kaffy4bill(f): 5:19pm On Mar 08, 2015
nefertitiram:

What if you had hypertension before pregnancy?

The person wil sure b monitored b4 preg and register for antenatal care immediately after conception and ensure registration in a good hosp for a multi disciplinary approach(gynaecologist, cardiologist and dietitian) cos sure some of the drugs b4 conception wil hv to b dropped for dose safe during preg. Must report any undue signs to d hosp and leave no stone unturned til successful delivery, hope dis helps
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Keji3: 5:27pm On Mar 08, 2015
kaffy4bill:

#Teamjulyalltheway#

Thanks sis....sorry about the migraines, God will make it easy for us in Jesus name amen.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by goosebumps: 5:28pm On Mar 08, 2015
kaffy4bill:

#Teamjulyalltheway#
@kaffy4bill
thanks for the response. Had a normal bp before pregnancy and this was just noticed last week. Yes there's a little headache but I always a tribute it to work. I also noticed that my shoes felt tighter after sitting for over two hours yesterday. I was prescribed niferdipin and aldoxi.
thanks again for the response.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Splendblex(f): 5:32pm On Mar 08, 2015
FexCathy:

Hahahaha. Splendblex e bi like me and u na d same period o! Mak we see who go drop 1st sha
God will see us tru my dear.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Splendblex(f): 5:41pm On Mar 08, 2015
[quote author=mumsgirl27 post=31415450]
Nope, am in abuja.
Thought you're here o.How body na. Na only me dey calabar for here Hb is in abuja sha.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by mytestimony: 6:21pm On Mar 08, 2015
Thanks kimoni and kaffy

(1) (2) (3) ... (412) (413) (414) (415) (416) (417) (418) ... (6955) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.