Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,864 members, 7,810,293 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 05:58 AM

Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk - Health (4240) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk (8126006 Views)

Birth Defects: Are You Pregnant Or Planning To? What You Need To Know! (pics) / Can I Still Get Pregnant Or Do I Remove The Fibroid / Revealed: The Secret Fertility System That Cures Infertility & Get You Pregnant (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (4237) (4238) (4239) (4240) (4241) (4242) (4243) ... (6954) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by zaynie(f): 4:23pm On Apr 21, 2018
Towerofgrace:

OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!! shocked shocked shocked
Congratulations and jubilation, celebration in this thread ooo

Mum wonderful Moyo, congratulations ooo, God bless you, keep you and babies (yes babies! tongue) safe, swaggly healthy bumping and sexy borning to you at the appointed time.

NB: See where your fitfam has landed you, i kent laugh grin grin grin

Babies?! angry, see as you fall.my hand.

Amin to the other prayers. kiss
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by zaynie(f): 4:28pm On Apr 21, 2018
royalk:
Good morning team. Am using Faith to book space for my twin sister whose been ttc, am on my second pregnancy journey.and I pray she becomes a mother soonest.amen

Amen. She'll join us sooner than you expect.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by zaynie(f): 4:29pm On Apr 21, 2018
Congratulations to Hafsah24!
Fine sexy Alhaja to sha PRA PRA !
May Allah always be pleased with you and your offsprings. Amin
Rest well and get better kiss

Much love sis
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by zaynie(f): 4:31pm On Apr 21, 2018
mumplenty:
I have p[color=#000000][/color]
BA ...l gave birth to my princess on Wednesday 18/4/18 at 4:29am with vd.every one is doing well.i thank God.#God of complete project.

Congrats Mama.
May your daughter always make you happy and proud. Amin

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by zaynie(f): 4:34pm On Apr 21, 2018
Xzandy:
Hi Mamas, I followed this thread silently during my first missionary journey grin right now I want to register as a full member #Team October

Oshey!!!!!
Welcome my dearest teamie kiss
Settle down and fell free to mingle wink

Joomie! Oya bring register o grin

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by zaynie(f): 4:35pm On Apr 21, 2018
Joomie:

Welcome mama to our team October 2018. There are only two teams on this thread, team October and others.

To whom it may concern, please argue with your keyboard cool

Coughs......
Secretly gives her thumbs-up kiss

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by zaynie(f): 4:36pm On Apr 21, 2018
Imahaps:
Sabi mamas please I just saw some thick sleepy creamy discharge. is it normal or was a part of my mucus plug. I'm 35wks &4ds?

Mucus plug is usually clear. Like catarrh
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by zaynie(f): 4:38pm On Apr 21, 2018
juicypetal:

My dear, please obey the doctor's order for bed rest. It's better to be safe than sorry after all you are almost there. Yes, cervical incompetence is 2nd trimester wahala but you can't just ignore it. Get another ultrasound scan done at another clinic for the benefit of doubt.
I learnt about cervical incompetence with the loss of my son @ 18 weeks 17/04. It's a bitter experience.
I hereby withdraw from race until further notice cc @ September teamies. Can't go back to previous posts for my teamies monikers but to you that is always checking on me, I am most grateful. Wishing you all a healthy pregnancy and safest delivery at the right time.
Hoping to come back soonest again.
#onelove

Don't worry, you'll be back soon. kiss
No sorrys here but congratulations in advance cos you're having double for your troubles.
Chin up babes kiss kiss kiss

5 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by zaynie(f): 4:39pm On Apr 21, 2018
shhladyj:
hello everyone, God grant us all safe delivery, am expecting my second baby by august am so anxious.

Welcome mama.
May you carry to term and deliver with ease. Amin
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by zaynie(f): 4:40pm On Apr 21, 2018
sallygal:
PRESENT CAPPO...HOW IS OUR PRINCESS DOING...ME AND LO ARE GOOD BUT SHE NO WAN COME OUT.DOCTOR SAYS I HAVE TO WAIT 10 DAY AFTER MY EDD BE4 WE CAN TAKE D NEXT STEP
PLEASE SABI MAMA IN THE HOUSE WANT THE USE OF SAFTY PIN BEEN PIN TO ONCE CLOTH DURING PREGGY I NO USE AM AT ALL AND MY MUMCY ND MIL NO LET ME REST SAYING IT 4 PROTECTION SO PIKIN NO GO BE ABILO OR WITCH,I JUST CANT BE BELIEVE THAT A PIN OF 20NAIRA CAN PROTECT MY CHILD.I TRIED EXPLAINING MY POINT OF VIEW ONLY TO HEAR CHILDREN OF NOWADAY DAYS TALK.PLEASE MAMAS DOES DIS PIN WORK? I C SOME MAMAS AT D ANTENATAL USING THEM.
NO MIND MY ENGLISH OO

It's just superstitions.

2 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by zaynie(f): 4:42pm On Apr 21, 2018
beatiegirl:
Good Morning wonderful mamas in the house, have read a lot of touching delivery stories. Keep imagining how mine will be.

My challenge is that I haven't had sex a lot of times is general (believe it or not), it's usually painful or just not pleasurable. So, I got married last year and my husband lives in Europe while I'm still in naija for now.

I took in after the wedding, now I'm 32 weeks gone. Not enough sex, he only returns once in four months (I thought I could cope).

I ordinarily always imagine how this baby is going to pass through my vaginal canal, it even gets me scared.
Now, I have been told I have a big baby.
The scan result showed feral weight around 1kg at 23 weeks, and the doctor said it was fine. Now they're asking me to go for OGTT, which I found out is usually because of big babies.

Please I need some reassurance that first time moms can give birth to big babies vaginally.

Plus this no sex thing, is it of any disadvantage.

Its very possible.
It all depends on your pelvis and how well you dilate
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by zaynie(f): 4:44pm On Apr 21, 2018
Spakuls:
Knock knock knock

Who dey house oooo...it is me making my majestic entrance,porting from TTC thread into the pregnancy thread..please where is the Golden chair ooo and red carpet God has answered my prayers.

Welcome mama.
May you carry to term and deliver with ease.
Amin
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by zaynie(f): 4:48pm On Apr 21, 2018
bibeetee:
Knock! Knock!! Knock!!!
With gratitude and all thanks to God. We were blessed with a baby boy on the 15th of April through emergency CS.
God has been grateful to us through our four years of waiting wIth one fallopian tube.
Alhamdulillah Rabbil Alameen.
I pray for all gtc mums, that God answers their prayers , all waddling mums for safe deliveries, and all mothers that God bless their children.
Its bn a wonderful journey.

Alhamdulillah!
May Allah always be pleased with him. Amin
Big congrats to you and your household.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by arbbiegold(f): 5:45pm On Apr 21, 2018
lessonslearned:

One reason why I love this group is that it shows u that you not the only one going thru somethings.....
Am a ftm too... and we are 34weeks today.....

This week though I find my sef thinking about Labour and how painful it's going to be and getting really really scared....
The last time it happened I actually burst into tears.....

Not much sex too as my husband is out of town......plus I had a threatened miscarriage at 21wks so being on pelvic and bed rest......

It is well with us mama..... I just cry and pray to my God cos am so sure he won't leave me..... I trust in him completely........
About this 'sex thing', we are just in the same shoe with @beatiegirl. I'm 34. 1wk today too and a FTM. I've had sex only twice since this journey. Last September (on a joyous mood) when I found out about the BFP, and only once in December on the day 1st trimester ended. The last sex got me bending, couldn't walk straight for a whole day and felt mild cramps. I tried to hide it but DH caught me and got scared. In the middle of 2nd trimester, mum asked if we were doing it regularly, well I lied to avoid unnecessary thoughts. She pointed that it was as important as food (lol) as it helps widen the vagina already for the birthing process. This got me really scared and few days later, I touched DH (though I was never in the mood) so it could happen but he no even look my side. After more attempts, I accused him of not touching me again because I'm no longer attractive (even though I'm scared myself if the last experience won't return, funny...) DH just laughed (how silly I looked) and pointed out that he's scared of all the talks about don't knack in the first trimester
to avoid miscarriage (we were both told by parents), plus results of the last sex, he can't do Jack! Then he encouraged me not to be scared that if he's out of town, I would still have our baby. That got me calm and also a piece I came across about sex or no sex during pregnancy got me more relaxed. Whether you do it or not, the cervix will naturally thin out during labour for baby's entry to the vagina, and once baby gets there, he will pass. The muscles in the pelvic area stretch to support. Even if baby is big, the highest is to obtain tear.
Dear teamies, whatever circumstance comes up later, let's just have faith, stay positive, and cooperate with our docs, because God gat our backs. It will surely end in praise!

19 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by ayabadamilola: 6:06pm On Apr 21, 2018
All these October mouth makers sef, hope say you remember September comes first? Just a quick reminder...*hair and boob flip*

In other news, French toast is baest! I have stale bread which I didn't want to waste, that's how I google what to do with it o. I've almost finished 1 loaf! Try it out wink

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Imahaps(f): 6:13pm On Apr 21, 2018
Roseey0:
Some people begin to lose their mucus plug once baby is head down. Some gradually, some at once. I dont think there is any cause for alarm since its not mixed with blood. Pls pack your bag oooo incase
Alright thank you.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Imahaps(f): 6:17pm On Apr 21, 2018
zaynie:

Mucus plug is usually clear. Like catarrh
OK

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by proudmom38(f): 6:27pm On Apr 21, 2018
#ATGNewbornWeight

Topic: Newborn Baby Weight, Mother’s Diet, Weight during Pregnancy, And Any Association?

20 Key Points To Note

1. No woman looks forward to giving birth to a 10-pound behemoth, but you have a family history of large babies and the future is looking bleak.

2. You might be wondering if there are any dietary changes you can make to have an average-size baby; however, while diet can have some effect on the size of your baby, other factors typically are at play in the case of large babies.

3. Diet does affect the size of your baby during pregnancy, but it’s not as much about what you eat as how much weight you gain.

4. The larger you grow throughout your pregnancy, the larger your baby likely will be, according to the Children’s Hospital of Boston.

5. Another common reason for having a large baby -- one weighing more than 8 pounds -- is having large parents. If you are large, your partner is large and your parents are large, your chances of having a large baby are greater.

6. To ensure that your child is neither too large nor too small, it is important to monitor your weight gain throughout your pregnancy.

7. The Institute of Medicine has determined that if you were underweight before getting pregnant, you should gain 28 to 40 pounds throughout the course of your pregnancy.

8. If you were average weight, you should gain 25 to 35 pounds

9. If you were overweight, you need to gain 15 to 25 pounds in the coming months

10. Finally, if you were obese before becoming pregnant, you should gain 11 to 20 pounds while pregnant

11. Observing these weight gain goals will optimize your chances of having a happy and healthy 7-pound bundle of joy.

12. What you need to remember is that the baby will get what he or she needs from you no matter how much you are eating and so long as you are eating a nutrient rich diet you should have no problems.

13. The more you eat, the more weight YOU will gain however if your weight goes up too much or you are eating foods high in sugar and carbohydrates sometimes (in some cases and I’m not saying this will happen to you) leads to gestational diabetes and an increase in your blood glucose which your baby will absorb and that will make your baby grow bigger and put you at risk of having to deliver early.

14. Eat as healthy as you can

15. A healthy balance and everything in moderation is better for you and your baby

16. Eat whenever you feel hungry. Your body needs the extra energy for all the changes it’s going through.

17. HAVE WHAT YOU CRAVE - you can make yourself sick if you don’t... Cravings are your body’s way of telling you it needs something. However if you are worried about weight gain try having only a small amount (something is better than nothing right?)

18. You've probably already been advised by your doctor to maintain a healthy weight while trying to conceive and during pregnancy. But although doctors know that a pregnant mom's weight is linked to babies, the reasons behind the association haven't been fully understood.

19. Scientists looked at data from more than 30,000 women and their babies in 18 studies. "Many studies have shown that mothers who are [of a higher weight] at the start of their pregnancy have babies who are more likely to be heavier—but is it not clear whether the mother being [heavier] causes her baby to be bigger at birth.

20. Being overweight or obese in pregnancy does cause babies to be born larger, and so does having higher blood sugar, which can lead to gestational diabetes.

Thank you.

Dr. Chudi

8 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by jennyswtie: 6:27pm On Apr 21, 2018
whyworryPH:

Mama my own is worse. I don't need to see the food before I start hungering for it.
Once the thought enter my head e go dey do me like cocaine.

Dh is going for a colleague's wedding and the company is going in group. The moment he mentioned it, my mind thought of party rice.
I am almost tempted to disgrace myself by joining them just to eat the rice.

My case is that serious. cry
My dear I can relate with u. My own hunger is insatiable. I never get full no matter what or how many times I eat. For now, I've not added any weight but I'm just worried whether d fat is accumulating to surprise me at the long run

2 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by DrDhe: 6:39pm On Apr 21, 2018
zeezaa:
Team September this is the first roll call so please answer so others peepers will come out of their hiding places

Tatacherie...............EDD?

Haleematm.............EDD Sept 30th

Gracygem100.............EDD Sept 4th

zeezaa...................EDD Sept 17th

Ayabadamilola..............EDD?

Unique Team of the year we are now in the second trimester let us put more calcium in our diet and build our PCV so as nt to have any problems

Sept 25

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by QueenBeeQBQ: 6:39pm On Apr 21, 2018
zaynie:

For sure I'm Team Oct.
I never port for my life before. If na to twerk this baby out by October 31st 11.59pm, I will do it tongue

Lol @twerking the baby out

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by FloraEC(f): 6:41pm On Apr 21, 2018
ayabadamilola:
All these October mouth makers sef, hope say you remember September comes first? Just a quick reminder...*hair and boob flip *

In other news, French toast is baest! I have stale bread which I didn't want to waste, that's how I google what to do with it o. I've almost finished 1 loaf! Try it out wink

How're did you flip the boobs, if I remove my bra na cry I dey cry. I even wear it to sleep sometimes
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by QueenBeeQBQ: 6:44pm On Apr 21, 2018
arbbiegold:

About this 'sex thing', we are just in the same shoe with @beatiegirl. I'm 34. 1wk today too and a FTM. I've had sex only twice since this journey. Last September (on a joyous mood) when I found out about the BFP, and only once in December on the day 1st trimester ended. The last sex got me bending, couldn't walk straight for a whole day and felt mild cramps. I tried to hide it but DH caught me and got scared. In the middle of 2nd trimester, mum asked if we were doing it regularly, well I lied to avoid unnecessary thoughts. She pointed that it was as important as food (lol) as it helps widen the vagina already for the birthing process. This got me really scared and few days later, I touched DH (though I was never in the mood) so it could happen but he no even look my side. After more attempts, I accused him of not touching me again because I'm no longer attractive (even though I'm scared myself if the last experience won't return, funny...) DH just laughed (how silly I looked) and pointed out that he's scared of all the talks about don't knack in the first trimester
to avoid miscarriage (we were both told by parents), plus results of the last sex, he can't do Jack! Then he encouraged me not to be scared that if he's out of town, I would still have our baby. That got me calm and also a piece I came across about sex or no sex during pregnancy got me more relaxed. Whether you do it or not, the cervix will naturally thin out during labour for baby's entry to the vagina, and once baby gets there, he will pass. The muscles in the pelvic area stretch to support. Even if baby is big, the highest is to obtain tear.
Dear teamies, whatever circumstance comes up later, let's just have faith, stay positive, and cooperate with our docs, because God gat our backs. It will surely end in praise!

Amen oooooo.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by PatKing(f): 6:44pm On Apr 21, 2018
bibeetee:
Knock! Knock!! Knock!!!
With gratitude and all thanks to God. We were blessed with a baby boy on the 15th of April through emergency CS.
God has been grateful to us through our four years of waiting wIth one fallopian tube.
I pray for all gtc mums, that God answers their prayers , all waddling mums for safe deliveries, and all mothers that God bless their children.
Cc Patking

Big Congratulations Momma!
God indeed has been on our side.
Welcome Handsome.
May your coming Brighten Mummy's life.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Joomie: 6:47pm On Apr 21, 2018
ayabadamilola:
All these October mouth makers sef, hope say you remember September comes first? Just a quick reminder...*hair and boob flip*

You aff want to join the legend of the trouble seekers abi
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Joomie: 6:48pm On Apr 21, 2018
FloraEC:

How're did you flip the boobs, if I remove my bra na cry I dey cry. I even wear it to sleep sometimes

Boobs go bow when they see senior na
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Joomie: 6:53pm On Apr 21, 2018
zaynie:

Coughs......
Secretly gives her thumbs-up kiss
that's my teamie

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by zaynie(f): 6:57pm On Apr 21, 2018
ayabadamilola:

Maami, no let me get una time o tongue
When you pipu reach like 10, I can face you but for now, e go be like oppression cheesy

PicksRace
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by zaynie(f): 6:57pm On Apr 21, 2018
QueenBeeQBQ:

Lol @twerking the baby out

grin

2 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by proudmom38(f): 7:00pm On Apr 21, 2018
bibeetee:
Knock! Knock!! Knock!!!
Cc Patking

Congratulations ma'am
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by FloraEC(f): 7:09pm On Apr 21, 2018
Joomie:

Boobs go bow when they see senior na

I naturally have normal boobs, lemme not use small tongue but this pregnancy gave me double
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by proudmom38(f): 7:10pm On Apr 21, 2018
shhladyj:
hello everyone, God grant us all safe delivery, am expecting my second baby by august am so anxious.

Welcome on board

(1) (2) (3) ... (4237) (4238) (4239) (4240) (4241) (4242) (4243) ... (6954) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 4 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.