Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,369 members, 7,812,084 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 07:51 AM

Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk - Health (50) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk (8130636 Views)

Birth Defects: Are You Pregnant Or Planning To? What You Need To Know! (pics) / Can I Still Get Pregnant Or Do I Remove The Fibroid / Revealed: The Secret Fertility System That Cures Infertility & Get You Pregnant (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (47) (48) (49) (50) (51) (52) (53) ... (6954) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by uyogabie(f): 3:07pm On Mar 04, 2013
Thanks y'all for wishing me and my baby well.congratulations Vikin.The lord will strenghten u and fortify u with d wisdom and knowledge u need.@ demmyk,congrats.Your joy will continue to be.Agiboma,your testimony is here already.And to all the preggies,God will see you through IJN.amen
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by exalt2009: 7:08am On Mar 05, 2013
Good Morning, just want to know smetins М̣̣̥̇̊Ɣ wify has been on her 40+ week now and she b worry.....I dot knw why....? She wat to put to bed..does mean she is tired or what. Ur advice is needed
⌣»̶·̵̭̌·̵̭̌✽̤̈̊Ŧђɑ̤̥̈̊п̥̥̲̣̣̣kƨ̣̣̣̇̇̇̇✽̤̈̊·̵̭̌·̵̭̌«̶⌣
Jeremiah
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by AudreyI(f): 8:45am On Mar 05, 2013
Hi ladies. first off, congratulations to all the ladiesthose who have been delivered of their babies and those still waiting) pregnancy is a gift whose value cannot be measured. anyway enough of the turenchi. i am in the 6th week of what will be my 3rd pregnancy. 2nd one ended at 9wks. they couldnt detect a fetal pole at that point so i had to have an evacuation. going in for an ultrasound next week to check on this one so i'm in serious prayer mode now. i have followed this thread from inception and you ladies rock!

@exalt: your wife is due, and that is why she is worried. most women are tired from as early as 36wks, so bear with her and take her to see her gynae. she'll be having that baby anytime now.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by airroseice(m): 5:45pm On Mar 05, 2013
Hello Ladies - and Gentlemen.

My partner's menstrual cycle is irregular but this time around she'd like to run a pregnancy test.
I want to get a pregnancy test kit.
I reside in Abuja and would like to be steered in the right direction.

I thank you all for taking out time to read this.

Regards,
E.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by marygold(f): 7:22pm On Mar 05, 2013
@ audrey I,same thing with me
,Almost in my 8th weeks of my third pregnancy!fIrst and second one too ended at 8-9weeks,reason t
Hey say empty sac,and blighted ovum,will also be going for a scan next week am so nervous!God is our strenght
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by AudreyI(f): 1:25am On Mar 06, 2013
@marygold: amen my sister. sorry about your losses. my first pregnancy went smoothly and i have a three year old daughter so i was really sad to learn about the loss of my second pregnancy especially since i was carrying twins. anyway God has already done it for us. praying for you so let me know how it goes.

@airroseice: just walk into any pharmacy and ask for a urinne pregnancy test strip. its very cheap and easy to use. good luck.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by uwani(f): 12:34pm On Mar 06, 2013
marygold: @ audrey I,same thing with me
,Almost in my 8th weeks of my third pregnancy!fIrst and second one too ended at 8-9weeks,reason t
Hey say empty sac,and blighted ovum,will also be going for a scan next week am so nervous!God is our strenght
The lord is your strenght marygold, it shall be well with you.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by seundaniels: 10:35am On Mar 07, 2013
May the Lord who gave us a reason for joining this thread never leave us in Jesus name.
To the baby momma's, keep bonding its ur time. Plz, 27 weeks and having this really disturbing sore throat, what can I use? Have tried taking hot tea bt it isn't helping much. Advise needed please.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by zenoj: 1:19pm On Mar 07, 2013
For sore throat,grate some fresh ginger into boiled water n let stand for 3-5mins,add pure original honey n lemon juice(not lime) n drink. D mixture is very good for sore throat,cough n cold,n healthy too.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by prompt(f): 1:50pm On Mar 07, 2013
Please i need ur advice, during my antenatal checkup, my blood level was checked to be 8.3. what should i do to increase it though some drugs were prescribed for me.Am in my 15th week.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by airroseice(m): 9:01pm On Mar 07, 2013
Audrey I: @airroseice: just walk into any pharmacy and ask for a urinne pregnancy test strip. its very cheap and easy to use. good luck.

Thanks. Result = one stripe. Yay!
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by adetunrayo(f): 9:44pm On Mar 07, 2013
@ blank and dominiqu, tks 4 d info on breech presentatn.am more informed now.it's well I believe,d baby has just decided 2 stay that way till now,I think d baby is just more comfortable lik that.tk u very much I wouldn't risk d turning around method.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by zenoj: 11:39pm On Mar 07, 2013
To increase ur blood level,u can juice clean ugwu leaves n drink a tall glass per day with food.Also,eat more of liver n efo riro(shoko vegs).Those work like magic. Go has blessed us with abundance of these things.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by agiboma(f): 5:40am On Mar 09, 2013
zenoj: To increase ur blood level,u can juice clean ugwu leaves n drink a tall glass per day with food.Also,eat more of liver n efo riro(shoko vegs).Those work like magic. Go has blessed us with abundance of these things.

if pregnant avoid liver its not safe to eat during pregnancy, it can harm the baby
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by dominique(f): 7:42am On Mar 09, 2013
^^^ hmm. I'm hearing that for the first time o. I didn't eat much liver during my pregnancies cos I don't care much for it. Ugwu with evaporated milk is very good for increasing blood count tho can be quite fattening.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Nobody: 11:04am On Mar 09, 2013
How is everyone doing? Keep it up, you are almost there.

Wish y'all stress free period!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by agiboma(f): 11:14am On Mar 09, 2013
dominique: ^^^ hmm. I'm hearing that for the first time o. I didn't eat much liver during my pregnancies cos I don't care much for it. Ugwu with evaporated milk is very good for increasing blood count tho can be quite fattening.

see links below on the dangers:

http://www.babycentre.co.uk/x555571/is-it-safe-to-eat-liver-during-pregnancy

As for me im still pregnant pretty much term now, loks like ill be taking a baby home this time instead of visiting my LO in neonate intensive care unit thank you g-d

btw what is Ugwu, for us non Nigerians on the thread?
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Nobody: 12:25pm On Mar 09, 2013
agiboma:

see links below on the dangers:

http://www.babycentre.co.uk/x555571/is-it-safe-to-eat-liver-during-pregnancy

As for me im still pregnant pretty much term now, loks like ill be taking a baby home this time instead of visiting my LO in neonate intensive care unit thank you g-d

btw what is Ugwu, for us non Nigerians on the thread?

Ugwu is pumpkin leaves.....I think spinach or epinards will do it. Since I can't seem to find pumpkin leave around

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by dominique(f): 1:12pm On Mar 09, 2013
Thanks for the link Agi, wishing you a safe delivery anytime from now smiley.

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by agiboma(f): 4:58am On Mar 10, 2013
happy mothers day to all!!!!!!!!!!
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by seundaniels: 7:02pm On Mar 10, 2013
zenoj: For sore throat,grate some fresh ginger into boiled water n let stand for 3-5mins,add pure original honey n lemon juice(not lime) n drink. D mixture is very good for sore throat,cough n cold,n healthy too.

Thanks so much Zenoj God bless u.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by pinkydaisy(f): 2:28pm On Mar 11, 2013
Hello all,,,,,,i have really missed this forum. Congrats to all who delivered during my long absence from the thread. God's grace upon us who are still pushing our belle,,,,

30 weeks 6 days today, praise God! I really can't believe God's grace,,,,,,just like yesterday, i was counting 2 weeks and now am already going on 31,,praise God.

My LO is a girl and head-up,,,do i have to worry about that as all this talk about turning and not turning is trying to get at me and me i no get time for fear fear levels at all,,,,,,
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by agiboma(f): 5:39am On Mar 12, 2013
pinkydaisy: Hello all,,,,,,i have really missed this forum. Congrats to all who delivered during my long absence from the thread. God's grace upon us who are still pushing our belle,,,,

30 weeks 6 days today, praise God! I really can't believe God's grace,,,,,,just like yesterday, i was counting 2 weeks and now am already going on 31,,praise God.

My LO is a girl and head-up,,,do i have to worry about that as all this talk about turning and not turning is trying to get at me and me i no get time for fear fear levels at all,,,,,,

Well until recently i was for turning but since dominique shared her expereince, i cannot support it any further it seems to be too dangerous and life threatening. I would say dont try it baby might still turn on their own thats possible, but prepare for a csection if need be. Im having my section in 2 weeks and their is nothing wrong in delivering your children this way, better safe than sorry.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by greatgod2012(f): 9:22am On Mar 12, 2013
agiboma:

Well until recently i was for turning but since dominique shared her expereince, i cannot support it any further it seems to be too dangerous and life threatening. I would say dont try it baby might still turn on their own thats possible, but prepare for a csection if need be. Im having my section in 2 weeks and their is nothing wrong in delivering your children this way, better safe than sorry.

God will surely be with you and others, we are waiting here to rejoice with you when your bundle of joy arrives. Cheers!!!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by AudreyI(f): 5:27pm On Mar 13, 2013
Hi ladies. I need some advice. will be hitting the 8wk marker on thurs and i feel really ill, no nausea but i feel so feverish and i really cant afford to be ill cos i have hubby and a 3yr old to take care of. i dont have domestic help. so preggy ladies in the house any pointers on how to deal with the fatigue and fever?

Agiboma, ehere are you? Come and share the good news.

@marygold: how did it go? I am joining my faith with yours in knowing that the ever faithful God has done it already. congratulations. come and share the good news.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by marygold(f): 7:47pm On Mar 13, 2013
@ Audrey!hmMm,I dey oooo.I'm so so nervous and just believing God to t
ake control this time,with the 2 miscarriage I had,we normally discover empty sac at 8-9weeks during scan!I'm about 9weeks gone now o!Going for the third scan on friday.I was ha
Ving pregnancy symptoms until this week,its like they are all
gone now except for the breast tenderness ooo.I have been
Crying to God all day! I pray its not another miscarriage because same thing happened before.The last scan was not too good,the sonographer said something about irregular pregnancy sac and was like the pregnancy was hungry and we need to feed it on nutrients,I was placed on pregnancare and duphaston and my next appointment is friday!I just need everyones prayers because!!!!I don tire oo
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by isalegan2: 11:54pm On Mar 13, 2013
Audrey and Marygold, I trust everything will work out for you.

Where is my bro, GenBuhari? I have to read back to page 31 to fully catchup on thread developments.

Vikin: I decided to opt for induced labour as I got to my due date, I don't want the baby adding more weight in me.

Baby arrived at 10pm on 27 th after 14hrs of induced labour, thank my God for epidural if not, hmmmmm....I don't even know what to say.

Anyway, . She is so adorable kiss. It was all worth the stress.

Wish everyone continuous stress free pregnancy weeks.. Am doing a tutorial now on breast feeding smiley, bathing, changing diapers etc

Thanks all for your prayers and best wishes

Vikin, Congratulations to you!

I have a question about induction. A friend told me it is a worse experience than prolonged labor. She's had multiple children, so has experienced different birthing challenges.

She said they give you a drip that is supposed to hasten contractions, but the problem is that the contractions are unrelenting! shocked cry For example, she said, let's say a normal contraction is like "tap stop tap stop," induced labor contractions are like "TAP TAP TAP TAP," and your body and your muscles are seizing up and just a much worse experience than simply waiting out your labor. I don't have any opinions on this; I simply wonder what your experience was like. Of course, if this is your first delivery, you might not be able to compare. Thanks.

Please, I also would like feedback and suggestions based on personal experiences, for a very good maternity hospital, private or public, in Lagos Island that you would highly recommend for Caesarian section procedure. Thanks.

Best wishes to all expectant mothers.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by agiboma(f): 12:49am On Mar 14, 2013
@Audrey I am still waiting for LO arrival ooo, perhapes ill buy a birthing ball this weekend to speed things up lol
@marygold wishing you all the best
@isale i really dont know about any hospitals hopefully some of the other ladies in Lagos can make a recommendation for you i hope in time we can add a list of reputable hospitals throughout the country to this thread
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Nobody: 12:59am On Mar 14, 2013
isale_gan2: Audrey and Marygold, I trust everything will work out for you.

Where is my bro, GenBuhari? I have to read back to page 31 to fully catchup on thread developments.

Vikin, Congratulations to you!

I have a question about induction. A friend told me it is a worse experience than prolonged labor. She's had multiple children, so has experienced different birthing challenges.

She said they give you a drip that is supposed to hasten contractions, but the problem is that the contractions are unrelenting! shocked cry For example, she said, let's say a normal contraction is like "tap stop tap stop," induced labor contractions are like "TAP TAP TAP TAP," and your body and your muscles are seizing up and just a much worse experience than simply waiting out your labor. I don't have any opinions on this; I simply wonder what your experience was like. Of course, if this is your first delivery, you might not be able to compare. Thanks.

Please, I also would like feedback and suggestions based on personal experiences, for a very good maternity hospital, private or public, in Lagos Island that you would highly recommend for Caesarian section procedure. Thanks.

Best wishes to all expectant mothers.

This my first delivery, like I said, I would have tried waiting until my 42nd weeks to see if labour might come before any other option but 2 days after my due date I opted for induced labour due to the weight of baby.

I wouldn't suggest induced labour without epidural (anaesthetist ) .

Yes, drips were given to start labour,

Epidural drip too was also given. From my hips down to my legs were as if frozen, so I felt little or no pain. i recommend this because in case of emergency that require operation, you will be lucky not to feel any pain.

But I waited like 14 hrs before contraction started, when it finally came, I felt a sensation in my belly but the docs will assist you to tell when to push In case you don't feel it.

Above all, when my LO arrived, I held her in my arms while they stitched, cleaned me up and I didn't feel a thing. smiley

Pain reliever was also given to see me through the healing process.

But when my sister tried the induced labour without epidural, she almost went crazy and on the next birth, she waited almost 42 weeks for her baby because she didn't wanna go through that route.

As for good hospital for c- sec in lagos, I have no idea. Wish u d best smiley

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by AudreyI(f): 9:11am On Mar 14, 2013
@ vikin: i can absolutely understand where your sister is coming from. my first delivery was induced and i recieved no epidural. as the nurse was starting the iv line, she was saying "ok, you'll start getting strong contractions now" even before the words were out of her mouth one searing pain like that just hit me. after about 4hrs of this intense maddening pain, the doctor came and checked and said " goodd. you are doing well at 6cm dilation. we can expect delivery around 2am". this was between 8 and 9m. i just started screaming "cs....take me for cs" anyway the first drip finished and they administered a second with an increased dose of petocin. ladies, i cannot tell you what it felt like. i thought i was dying and going mad at the same time. my daughter tore her way out around 11.30pm. i will definiely not advice anyone to opt for it. this time around, i will be patient o.

@maryygold: hold on to God's promises. there is nothing He cant do, and dont be scared. we are all praying with you. you will carry this baby in your arms. amen.

@isale_gan: dont know any good hospitals on the island, but i'll ask around.

@agiboma: ok. keeping my fingers crossed for you.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by AudreyI(f): 9:16am On Mar 14, 2013
@vikin: sounds like you used a very good hospital. is it by any chance in lagos?
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by zenoj: 11:34am On Mar 14, 2013
@marygold,I was told d same thing o.After d last scan at 7weeks where there was foetal pole(n dat I was miscarrying cos I was also spotting),I decided not to scan again till 12wweks+ n just had the confidence that God who did is able to sustain it.I just continued my prenatals n doc also placed me on duphaston till week 12.Hold on dear n don't loose faith,God is faithful n able.

(1) (2) (3) ... (47) (48) (49) (50) (51) (52) (53) ... (6954) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: Nitabb and 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.