Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,026 members, 7,835,482 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 10:40 AM

Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk - Health (671) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk (8196478 Views)

Birth Defects: Are You Pregnant Or Planning To? What You Need To Know! (pics) / Can I Still Get Pregnant Or Do I Remove The Fibroid / Revealed: The Secret Fertility System That Cures Infertility & Get You Pregnant (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (668) (669) (670) (671) (672) (673) (674) ... (6959) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Jennifer89(f): 10:21pm On Aug 25, 2015
Anak123:
Hello
It's bin gr8 reading through comments on here. M a newbie so..... Ok....just found out m pregnant about 3 weeks ago(wen I missed my p), so I should be like 7 weeks gone right? Well the thing is I'm feeling a kind of hardness just above my pubic bone (for about 2 weeks now).... Got no symptoms at all( no nausea, no sore or nipples) except tiredness n cramps. So my question is, isn't it too early to feel/grow a bump Thank you

I know u are eager dnt worry it will show. i was in ur shoe few months ago but now It's like a signboard. Its gonna b a smooth ride for you IJN.

#teamSeptember#Mother alive,baby alive, husband alive and plenty money IJN#

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by firsttymum(f): 10:23pm On Aug 25, 2015
ozycy:

Did you wear the wig back home or you fixed another weavon?
wear d wig back home na....
The time btw my travel date and EDD is enough to loosen the weavon lol... I don't wanna look scruffy when my LO arrives
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Nobody: 10:23pm On Aug 25, 2015
firsttymum:

I'm a first weeker too o! Lol
Hrhehehehehehe grin grin grin grin I am now seriously praying for -2weeks which will place me on the first of November tongue

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by firsttymum(f): 10:24pm On Aug 25, 2015
Jennifer89:

I know u are eager dnt worry it will show. i was in ur shoe few months ago but now It's like a signboard. Its gonna b a smooth ride for you IJN.

#teamSeptember#Mother alive,baby alive, husband alive and plenty money IJN#
lol @sign board. And honestly the walking step is the funniest
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by firsttymum(f): 10:26pm On Aug 25, 2015
Chinwendym:
Hrhehehehehehe grin grin grin grin I am now seriously praying for -2weeks which will place me on the first of November tongue
hahahhahahhahahhahahahahhahahahahahaha if I pray for minus 2weeks I will change camp to team October.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Debbiemma(f): 10:29pm On Aug 25, 2015
tatacherie:

My mum used dat for us wen we wer much younger too for colds n fever.dunno if she used it on me as an infant though.n for constipation too.mamas n their old ways sha.n u will see their children healthy @ dat tym.kernel oil/coconut oil doesn't run out in our house
my mum will never come for omugwo without it.its funny
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Kimoni: 10:50pm On Aug 25, 2015
Chinwendym:
You are welcome! kiss

Abeg o I has a questions is asun good to eat in this condition? the way I am craving for that delicacy is outta this world embarassed but I'm scared of the pepper will it harm my baby? Its so peppery that I have to drink milk or yoghurt afterwards!

It's not the pepper you should fear, it's the meat itself. Avoid suya, asun or other smoked and grilled meat or fish. You need meat that is well cooked to avoid transfer of any stuff to your system.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by joilin(f): 11:10pm On Aug 25, 2015
firsttymum:
hahahhahahhahahhahahahahhahahahahahaha if I pray for minus 2weeks I will change camp to team October.

Abeg stay where u ar. Overtaking is not allowed jare lol
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Doubledouble: 11:17pm On Aug 25, 2015
ozycy:

Did you wear the wig back home or you fixed another weavon?

I am still awaiting baby's arrival....September by God's Grace, Amen. But so far my hair piece is keeping up!
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Nobody: 11:17pm On Aug 25, 2015
Kimoni:

It's not the pepper you should fear, it's the meat itself. Avoid suya, asun or other smoked and grilled meat or fish. You need meat that is well cooked to avoid transfer of any stuff to your system.
I thought so too , which is why I microwave it for 3min before I eat, I'm guessing if the meat is properly coooked I can safely eat it and pepper won't harm my lo? Thanks for the response.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Beryl15: 11:23pm On Aug 25, 2015
nefertitiram:

My hair lives inside net, only sees brush on sundays

Will brush it tonight so i can look good for the cameras and baby. Not that baby will come out and see mummy with scattered hair. My big nose and multicolored skin is bad enough
I hope you'll apply some makeup too oo grin
I guess our baby has arrived...
Waiting patiently for the announcement.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Doubledouble: 11:24pm On Aug 25, 2015
firsttymum:
wear d wig back home na....
The time btw my travel date and EDD is enough to loosen the weavon lol... I don't wanna look scruffy when my LO arrives

I actually detest wigs but got no choice. My plan is to loose the hair piece a week b4 EDD, wash n matte, then do wig. Took 2 wigs: 1, very good human hair n closure was used to make it( will loose it from wig n continue fixing when back in 9ja), the 2nd one was made with chocolate hair. That way am totally covered...my hair is natural n don't want these "oyinbos" to ruin it.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Eminya(f): 11:28pm On Aug 25, 2015
Niyyah:
Thanks for the reply sis,rily appreci8 itit kiss
you are welcome, hope you get it soon.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by nefertitiram: 11:29pm On Aug 25, 2015
Beryl15:

I hope you'll apply some makeup too oo grin
I guess our baby has arrived...
Waiting patiently for the announcement.

At all..
i'm 6 hrs behind 9ja time, so by tomorrow evening. Just watch this space grin
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Eminya(f): 11:29pm On Aug 25, 2015
firsttymum:
tot they give that in d hospital? As in u take in ur own maternity mat?
yep! that's the system here my teamie
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Beryl15: 11:29pm On Aug 25, 2015
firsttymum:

Kinky braids good idea, but to sit down for it
Get a place where 2 or 3 pple would braid at the same time. That way in 2-3 hours you're done.
Trust me, You don't want to deal with brushing weavon.

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Deezou(f): 11:34pm On Aug 25, 2015
Niyyah:

The same clinic for new site? shocked,wud go there tomorrow In Shaa Allah,thanks for your response dear
No,it's d old site.u wlcm
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Beryl15: 11:36pm On Aug 25, 2015
nefertitiram:

At all..
See work you wan give me ooo grin
I didn't check the time of your post.
Oya na, I dey wait. plenty day light still dey.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Kimoni: 11:42pm On Aug 25, 2015
Chinwendym:
I thought so too , which is why I microwave it for 3min before I eat, I'm guessing if the meat is properly coooked I can safely eat it and pepper won't harm my lo? Thanks for the response.

lol...pepper won't harm him
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by zaynie(f): 11:46pm On Aug 25, 2015
ozycy:
Team October @ Zaynie, Iffffffy, Virtuouswife, Kendlez, so una wan de throne me as October class captain. If I hear angry. Na me be the original October class captain ooo just incase una no know. Ehe, I will break record cos na me go born first unlike other team captain wey dey carry last. Yes I like to show good example grin, but not to worry, I will make sure vigilante doesn't take all my time as I will still be here to ginger others till its Zaynie's turn on October 31st wink

2 fingers in the air for you ojare!!! My able class captain. grin

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by firsttymum(f): 11:46pm On Aug 25, 2015
Beryl15:

Get a place where 2 or 3 pple would braid at the same time. That way in 2-3 hours you're done.
Trust me, You don't want to deal with brushing weavon.
thanks jare.... How u dey?
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by firsttymum(f): 11:48pm On Aug 25, 2015
joilin:

Abeg stay where u ar. Overtaking is not allowed jare lol
isnor fair o... Lol
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by firsttymum(f): 11:48pm On Aug 25, 2015
Eminya:

yep! that's the system here my teamie
I'm speechless
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by firsttymum(f): 11:50pm On Aug 25, 2015
Doubledouble:

I actually detest wigs but got no choice. My plan is to loose the hair piece a week b4 EDD, wash n matte, then do wig. Took 2 wigs: 1, very good human hair n closure was used to make it( will loose it from wig n continue fixing when back in 9ja), the 2nd one was made with chocolate hair. That way am totally covered...my hair is natural n don't want these "oyinbos" to ruin it.
who made ur wig for u? Will pm u in d morning this is a very important convy lol... But the kinky idea is French kissing me
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by firsttymum(f): 11:50pm On Aug 25, 2015
nefertitiram:

At all..
refresh mode activated
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by firsttymum(f): 11:54pm On Aug 25, 2015
If na night vigil I for don dey sleep... See as my eyes dey shine... And I must b awake by 6 am chai...

My darling team mates I'm blowing kisses mwuah mwuah

#teamnovember and maybe #teamoctober hahahahahah
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Kimoni: 11:55pm On Aug 25, 2015
Doubledouble:

Mamas, pls lets all be careful with wigs and weaves when we've had our LOs.

There are 2 many disadvantages -

- The hairs keep falling everywhere making the environment unsafe for babies
- if ingested by babies, they are sometimes poisonous(they come from different sources and go through several chemical processing)
- the strands could be very sharp (I have cut myself while pulling the hair many times)
- mothers with long weaves tend to cover the babies' faces without realizing it esp when we carry out LOs on our shoulders to belge
- when the hair gets dirty grow some dandruff, we scratch continuously and still go ahead to carry our LOs with the same hands.

5 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by livelystone(f): 12:23am On Aug 26, 2015
Ur bump may not necessarily be obvious depending on ur body structure. There is a lady at my place of work who u will never see her bump, u will just hear that she don give birth & dey wonder when she get belle, even at her 3rd baby.
As for d flutters, it may be d d baby. Just pay more attention & aftertime, u will knw. Time still plenty.

Sleep no gree catch me o, na sleeping things for afternoon & vigil things for night.
#teamdecemberforsupernaturaldelivery#

LegitDiva:
Dear fruitful mamas, should I be worried if I don't have a very obvious bump by 17weeks? Also I feel occasional flutters in My tummy could that be LO kicking?

I wish all remaining August mamas the Hebrew delivery. Love u all

TeamFeb
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Beryl15: 2:02am On Aug 26, 2015
firsttymum:
thanks jare.... How u dey?
My dear I dey o! Trying to get by with little sleep.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Doubledouble: 3:11am On Aug 26, 2015
Kimoni:

Mamas, pls lets all be careful with wigs and weaves when we've had our LOs.
There are 2 many disadvantages -
- The hairs keep falling everywhere making the environment unsafe for babies
- if ingested by babies, they are sometimes poisonous(they come from different sources and go through several chemical processing)
- the strands could be very sharp (I have cut myself while pulling the hair many times)
- mothers with long weaves tend to cover the babies' faces without realizing it esp when we carry out LOs on our shoulders to belge
- when the hair gets dirty grow some dandruff, we scratch continuously and still go ahead to carry our LOs with the same hands.

Thanks for the advice, you made some good points. Truth be told wigs are safer than weaves n braids, IMO. Wigs are worn only wen u are going out...most ppl using wigs take it off when home. A good wig doesn't shed n u mostly comb it on its stand in the bathroom. You also get to wash both wigs n yo hair regularly unlike weaves n braids.
They all got disadvantages, it is all about being careful n hygienic. How often if at all do we was our braids?? Strands of the hair come off from the tips of braids too n now that is mega sharp. If we want no hair wahala at all, then one's natural hair is d way to go!
But honestly, thanks u made sense...cos now weaves, wigs or braids...am going to be more careful now...

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Beryl15: 4:44am On Aug 26, 2015
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by JustCurious: 5:20am On Aug 26, 2015
Ozycy, i never knew you were interested in the position, I thought you were avoiding it, too. It's a good one. Thanks for volunteering to be the Chairlady! smiley

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (668) (669) (670) (671) (672) (673) (674) ... (6959) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.