Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,192 members, 7,818,630 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 08:14 PM

Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk - Health (678) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk (8150228 Views)

Birth Defects: Are You Pregnant Or Planning To? What You Need To Know! (pics) / Can I Still Get Pregnant Or Do I Remove The Fibroid / Revealed: The Secret Fertility System That Cures Infertility & Get You Pregnant (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (675) (676) (677) (678) (679) (680) (681) ... (6956) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Apple19: 11:50am On Aug 28, 2015
Abiagirl777:

kpele sis,as Mamas would say'its part of the package',it'll eventually sstop when it is tired,mine stopped at 28wks.
Team september

28 WHAT!!! ; shocked ....FAINTSSSSSS cry, I'll just turn to broom stick...
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Apple19: 11:52am On Aug 28, 2015
modath:

E hug babe,really feel for you but......So sorry to be the bearer of bad news but you are asking someone who throws up from Implantation to the d day ... sad

Just try to make sure to keep something down, you will definitely end this in great joy... wink

@ recent mamas from ttc,
Welcome, many many more to join... baby dust to all..

Awwwww!!!!! See my life outside oooooooo cry....God should just ease this discomfort!
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by joilin(f): 11:54am On Aug 28, 2015
@stadora
Your stories are begining to sound strange and unreal to me. u sound like u are financially ok by saying all expences ll be taking care of and you also sound like u dont have money and needed a teaching job.
Is it actually real that somebody on this earth dosnt have a relation? Like a friend, family member, church mmber, nerbors. No offence meant o pls just expressing my feelings
Teamoctober

3 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by tatacherie: 12:09pm On Aug 28, 2015
Stadora dear pls clear the house ontym so other comments /??not intended will stop flowing and we know d way forward /suggestns
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by zaynie(f): 12:14pm On Aug 28, 2015
Proudmum11 who are you sef? Our original Proudmum said she is not you yet we see u hovering all over the place like the ghost of christmas past angry.
Checked your profile, no single comment since you registered. undecided.........oya speak to us. kiss , dont hover.....enter boldly and speak grin we promise not to bite. wink

I know she will run away now o cheesy

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by tatacherie: 12:20pm On Aug 28, 2015
@ Zaynie I wonder sef o!she is definitely seeing comments about her.maybe she will introduce herself to d house or any other section on NL Someday lolz
@ all if u checkout Stadora's profile u will see an atom of truth in her ordeal although she didn't make d whole thing clear from d beginning to avoid us toiling for suggestions dat won't b dat helpful.let's await her replies so we know wat next to do

2 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by FINA4804(f): 12:24pm On Aug 28, 2015
Pls mamas I need your suggestion,
1.i was given Fesolate yesterday to improve my blood level but it is giving me running stomach, pls suggest any other iron supplement I can use, because I cannot continue with fesolate, and I don't want to call my hospital, all these hospitals can never give you something good.
2. My clinic gives paludine for malaria prevention to be taken through out pregnancy me I cannot take that one, pls from experience which drug can I take to prevent malaria. Note: I don't have malaria but just preventing. Thanks
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Apple19: 12:25pm On Aug 28, 2015
To all the blessed and God-endowed mamas, I have to comend you. You're more than e-family but e-God sent Angels.

I've been following @Stadora's request since yesterday, (only that my vomiting no gree me type well) showed hubby and the first question he asked is WHY NOW? and WHERE IS SHE STAYING BEFORE NOW?? But then, I have to appreciate the fact that she's a God fearing woman for not aborting this child. And the only thing coming to my mind now is that: NOT THAT WE CANNOT HELP,NO MATTER WHERE YOU ARE, BUT MAMA; PLS FIX THE FOUNDATION FIRST.! Cos you're almost due, and somethings must have been going on before now, DON'T RUN FROM YOUR PROBLEMS MA, PLS FIX IT. Your request is making me scared like you'll abandon this baby eventually and RUN! We're NIGERIANS KWA, WE KNOW HOW IT WORKS! like the other mamas has said; COME OUT AND ANSWER THESE QUESTIONS, LET'S KNOW THE TRUTH, THE GENUITY OF YOUR REQUEST WILL GUIDE US INTO HOW TO APPROACH THE SITUATION.

Pls no offence meant abeg, just my 2cents

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by helovesme(f): 12:36pm On Aug 28, 2015
modath:

@ General house. Kimoni, kaffy4bill, tchiwinnie, beedam, proudmum, clinic,nefertitiram, mytestimony, helovesme, mgeey,sayoberry, ozycy .... if i didnt mention your name, its not deliberate, its an omission. ..

SUGGESTIONS NEEDED.

she needs to be upfront and honest about her true situation and the help she needs. that way, we can see how we can help.

asking for a 'nanny' who is an 'elderly woman' and with the condition that she lives with the woman does'nt sit well with me.

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by modath(f): 12:43pm On Aug 28, 2015
Apple19:

Awwwww!!!!! See my life outside oooooooo cry....God should just ease this discomfort!

Who told you you wont get to week 20 & say nausea & morning sickness , who, each person is different.

I'm just someone that does not sugar coat or exxagerate stuff, i give it to you straight... Me now, i nor dey swell for anywhere during belle, nothing like leg swell, nose swell, only have backaches when its almost time,no carpal tunnel, just my Nausea & heartburn..

When i put to bed, Its always hitch free that with this LBK , i had a PCV of less than 30 and wasn't transfused after my CS despite losing blood from adhesions / repairs that i spent 2hrs in surgery....

My attending surgeon at our post birth briefing said " you lost a lot blood that I'm surprised we didn't have to do a transfusion" asked her why not??

She said " your pcv before&after despite losing so much blood Was the same, do i understand why, NO, but such do happen"... she nor know God dey answer prayer & also the $2.5k for blood go make person faint & need another blood join... grin

4 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by tatacherie: 12:48pm On Aug 28, 2015
When she first introduced herself to dis lovely family she said she's an expectant single mom to b.if y'al remember she asked for suggestions if its safe to use girdle on her preggie to attend a friends wedding as she didn't want any1 to know about it.she def will have family,relatives,friends etc.I commend her for keeping this precious gift so many are praying to have.but I think at this point in time she needs her family support although I dunno if she's willing or its not possible
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by zaynie(f): 12:49pm On Aug 28, 2015
FINA4804:
Pls mamas I need your suggestion,
1.i was given Fesolate yesterday to improve my blood level but it is giving me running stomach, pls suggest any other iron supplement I can use, because I cannot continue with fesolate, and I don't want to call my hospital, all these hospitals can never give you something good.
2. My clinic gives paludine for malaria prevention to be taken through out pregnancy me I cannot take that one, pls from experience which drug can I take to prevent malaria. Note: I don't have malaria but just preventing. Thanks

If you dont trust your Dr, clinic or hospital then why in God's name do you stick with them?
They know your medical history more than us, they know what you are like physically and we dont, they can be held accountable if anything goes wrong with what they prescribed, we cant.

Go back to your Dr and explain your fears to him. Talk to him. If he is stubborn and unfeeling, demand for another Dr or switch hospitals.
I use a general hospital and at ANC i go with my writing pad full with questions. Sometimes the Dr goes " madam there are a lot of patients outside I will answer your questions later" to which I reply " so who do I ask these questions? Who is in the best position to answer them?" He has no choice but to answer me nah.

My HMO at work uses Private Hosp buh from the first time I went to greet a sick colleague there, I knew I couldnt ever use that hospital or else me and their staff will fight from day 1 till I got discharged.

Now to answer your question grin
- Right now I dont use any Iron supplements. My PCV is normal.
- We use Evamal at my clinic. Now get this, you cant start the first dose till you are 20 weeks gone, even at that you must have started feeling strong movements not flutters, you use subsequent doses at least a month after.
I used my first dose at about 26weeks (though the Dr recommended it at 19 weeks, the clinic pharmacist refused to give it to me, she was the one that explained all these to me) cos I wanted to be sure of my baby's kicks and when I took it, my baby was quiet for 2 whole days! slight movements were the only reassurance that it was still viable.
You see why you shouldnt self medicate?

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by proudmum11(f): 12:51pm On Aug 28, 2015
Ok house,i guess it's time 2 become active wink FTM 12 weeks gone,morning sickness has not been funny bt I thank God 4 strenght cos I ve waited for dis for 2long years.hope am welcomed grin cheesy

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Kimoni: 12:53pm On Aug 28, 2015
proudmum11:
Ok house,i guess it's time 2 become active wink FTM 12 weeks gone,morning sickness has not been funny bt I thank God 4 strenght cos I ve waited for dis for 2long years.hope am welcomed grin cheesy

Ffffffffiiiinnnnnnnaaaaaallllllyyyyyyyyyyy grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by tatacherie: 12:54pm On Aug 28, 2015
proudmum11:
Lolzzzz cheesy this is serious.@ mamas Zaynie and Kimoni uve brought Proudmum 11 outta her peeping mode.
Ure welcome to this loving e-family.wishing u a stress free preggie/easy delivery.MS will soon free u
Congrats!

2 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by zaynie(f): 12:57pm On Aug 28, 2015
proudmum11:

Yayyyyyyy!!!!!! I brought you out of hiding and for that I guess I get to be the e-godmother cheesy cool
You are very much welcome! Settle down.... don't bother with membership fee grin, any Snr that does shakara for you lemme know angry ( buh that Snr must not be my Snr o)

Wishing you a most fruitful and healthy 9 months kiss

2 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by modath(f): 12:57pm On Aug 28, 2015
proudmum11:

Kimoni:

Ffffffffiiiinnnnnnnaaaaaallllllyyyyyyyyyyy grin grin grin

Na real finally, welcome, great to have you, PROUDY already taken, you have to settle for proud2.0.. wink

@Stadora
Cos as Kimoni, helovesme, zaynie chinma414 are reading between the lines I'm seeing things too... What is the koko?

@FINA4804,
Ditch anything that causes running stomach, we dont want dehydration things, as for prophylactic malaria medicine, I've always used sulphadoxine +pyrithamine.
The big grammar is all these 150-200 bucks anti malarial 3 at once melesin....
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by tatacherie: 1:04pm On Aug 28, 2015
So many mamas in d house dis aftanun.still searching..not seeing any of my teammates.
TeamJan how e dey be una..how bodi
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by zaynie(f): 1:04pm On Aug 28, 2015
modath:

also the $2.5k for blood go make person faint & need another blood join... grin

I don laff tire for here o.... cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by modath(f): 1:12pm On Aug 28, 2015
zaynie:

I don laff tire for here o.... cheesy cheesy cheesy

Yes nah, real fainting, no be seresere oooo... grin cheesy

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by zaynie(f): 1:21pm On Aug 28, 2015
modath:

@Stadora
Would you mind relinquishing this precious gift to a family who would take care of him /her? Cos as Kimoni, helovesme, zaynie chinma414 are reading between the lines I'm seeing things too... What is the koko?

Haaaa Snr Modath, dont even go there....relin....kini? If she doesnt want the baby, she should give it up to the authorities. Na serious police matter be that o.....before they will say we are into buying and selling of unborn babies here now.
I am a very gentle girl....forget my smart mouth and trouble making skills o grin

She masef she no come talk again. undecided. Stadora reply us o.......let us know the next step to take......dont be ashamed, no one knows your face here, tell us your story.....you would be surprised that some mamas here are dealing with worse. Tell it from the beginning and explain very well so that we wont make baseless assumptions about you.
Dont forget that even if you have no one, you have God. kiss

2 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by modath(f): 1:29pm On Aug 28, 2015
zaynie:

Haaaa Snr Modath, dont even go there....relin....kini? If she doesnt want the baby, she should give it up to the authorities. Na serious police matter be that o.....before they will say we are into buying and selling of unborn babies here now.
I am a very gentle girl....forget my smart mouth and trouble making skills o grin

She masef she no come talk again. undecided. Stadora reply us o.......let us know the next step to take......dont be ashamed, no one knows your face here, tell us your story.....you would be surprised that some mamas here are dealing with worse. Tell it from the beginning and explain very well so that we wont make baseless assumptions about you.
Dont forget that even if you have no one, you have God. kiss

You are right ooo, didnt even think of that Angle, thank God for your smartness, was thinking of suggesting she contact one of these IVF centres (through PM) cos i read of how difficult it is to get a newborn LEGALLY..

Thanks once again, LBK never enjoy me, i cant fit spoke plenty ingriss..

Abeg make we expunge that part... thx.

3 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by tatacherie: 1:29pm On Aug 28, 2015
Mamas does tetanus injection reduce baby kicks.I took my 1st dose yestaday and baby haven't kicked since morning.he normally wakes up to play around 10/11 in d mornings
@ zaynie wat do u think? I asked now cos of wat u mentioned about fetal movement reduction after taking malaria prevention
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by zaynie(f): 1:44pm On Aug 28, 2015
tatacherie:
Mamas does tetanus injection reduce baby kicks.I took my 1st dose yestaday and baby haven't kicked since morning.he normally wakes up to play around 10/11 in d mornings
@ zaynie wat do u think? I asked now cos of wat u mentioned about fetal movement reduction after taking malaria prevention

I dont know much about that. I havent noticed anything about tt injections on my baby. Could be the baby is just having a nice nap or changing style from being active in the morning to being active at night. 10 kicks a day is the standard to know if baby is fine. 10 kicks could be all at once or thru out the whole day. Tickle him now or drink coke/ malt.....na you sef go surrender grin

2 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Apple19: 1:54pm On Aug 28, 2015
@mama Modath,.....Laughinnnnnnggggg...... You don make my laugh turn Hiccup for me oooo. Seriously, I wish these will stop today today.

@Tetacharie...lol...at wakes up to play at 10/11.

Enh..enh, I've completed my own course of TT before preggy. As in the 5doses, do I still need to take at my ANC visitsvisits again?
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by zaynie(f): 1:57pm On Aug 28, 2015
Apple19:
@mama Modath,.....Laughinnnnnnggggg...... You don make my laugh turn Hiccup for me oooo. Seriously, I wish these will stop today today.

Enh..enh, I've completed my own course of TT before preggy. As in the 5doses, do I still need to take at my ANC visitsvisits again?

No u dont. 5 complete doses in one lifetime. But still let your Dr know.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by shiller(f): 1:58pm On Aug 28, 2015
I jxt love dis e family,c mama's with wisdom,may God bless una.

i rem when stadora entad dis group,hw she explaind herself well and all abt being a single mum,now stadora plz come and ans all d ques being askd again,cos ur delivery is almost here so dat d best advice wil b giving to u.

@zaynie I doff my hat 4 u,buh hey am ur senior oooo.

@proudmum11,welcm aboard,feel free to ask ques,no more hiding.

@missmalachi,u don born so?2day is ur EDD.

august team,my baby seems no wan join august oooo#EDD1stseptloading#for some october mum prayn for -2wks,me wey pray nd claim 4 -1wk sef neva pop...beta stick to ur edd,lol.

2 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by tatacherie: 2:01pm On Aug 28, 2015
@ Zaynie thanks a lot ma'am.Ive eaten sum oranges and surveying.
@ Apple19 yes o I discovered that cos I'm tracking tinx online/ writing daily,new symptoms,changes etc on a dairy
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by customised87: 2:06pm On Aug 28, 2015
Apple19:

Nop,u don't
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by tchiwinnie: 2:09pm On Aug 28, 2015
tatacherie:
So many mamas in d house dis aftanun.still searching..not seeing any of my teammates.
TeamJan how e dey be una..how bodi
I dey o. How pushing? HV u started feeling strong kicks? I ve nt o. BT dat was how it was too in my first pregnancy. Didn't have d karate kind of kicks. How far wt shopping? u thru? hope festive Xmas period won't affect prices o.#teamjanuary

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by firsttymum(f): 2:13pm On Aug 28, 2015
Stadora

1. Where are u staying presently?
2. What is wrong with where u r staying presently
3. Where are your parents, friends and relatives?
4. What do u really want to move in with the nanny?
5. Why not rent a one bedroom (and let d nanny move in) if money isn't the problem

Something doesn't add up
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by spicychic847(f): 2:22pm On Aug 28, 2015
@ tatacherie, body dey oo teamie..hmm,how nice you've already started feeling the kicks..me can't wait o..#teamjan#

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (675) (676) (677) (678) (679) (680) (681) ... (6956) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.