Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,138 members, 7,814,981 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 03:40 AM

Why Do We Have To Marry? - Romance (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Why Do We Have To Marry? (6250 Views)

Is It Advisable To Marry A Non Virgin Girl? / Celebrity You Wish To Marry? / [poll] Would You Prefer to Marry a Virgin? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Do We Have To Marry? by almondjoy(f): 1:36pm On Oct 30, 2007
teetee2:

Don't u know there is no respect for woman that is not married? It is very frustrating, a really bad experience. That is why God is the Founder of marriage.So it is better to be married than be a single mother.

This is the most interesting of all.
Re: Why Do We Have To Marry? by DoubleN(m): 2:42pm On Oct 30, 2007
O boi one has to marry o!What do you want your children to think of you when they are much older?
Re: Why Do We Have To Marry? by Nobody: 2:51pm On Oct 30, 2007
we marry to be called a married man/woman, and not abused as a spinster
Re: Why Do We Have To Marry? by Bblak(f): 4:52pm On Oct 30, 2007
To fulfil the words of God and for procreation wink
Re: Why Do We Have To Marry? by lawyer(m): 5:37pm On Oct 30, 2007
@patricia daboh

Bullocks first class about the issue of marriage and just using them for 6 months!

YES! i AM USING THEM grin
Just the way women have used me in the past. All of a sudden, women have grown a conscience when they are growing old and their peers are mocking them for being single, then they want to attach themselves to any man willing to give them that coverted ring they crave for so desperately.

Answer me why when women are probably in college or just finished school, the shakara mentality is in them to use men and dump them as long as one aristo is going to show to fulfill their needs. The boy they are dating is probably hoping that his babe will change her mind and love him back likewise despite all the love and affection he has shown to her, but no, she has to sample the field.

Men are wiser now and can now play the game too. All we have to do is pretend we love you and sleep with you and run away too just the way women take joy in doing likewise. Ask most of the girls in unilag to osu to unimaid, whether they would like to get married to their present boyfriends now? The answer would be a resounding no or am not sure.

When they are in their late 20's or early 30's , women begin to become frantic in search for that elusive husband and they forget all the countless dumpings, the numerous abortions they have had and their unending shakara for men then and they are now wiling to settle down with even the ugliest man on the planet even though they wont have glanced at him 2 wice when they were younger.

The issue of children and women is just another sorry reason women want to get married because they are afraid that once they get to a certain age, people will mock them because of their percieved infertility issues or maybe them don do jazz b4 not to talk of the abortion they are coding from the public. A child to them erases all notions of humilation for them and it's not because they love kids or will do anything for the kids.

I have learnt from what an ex told me years back " a relationship is a game, enjoy it while it last and move on", After that, she dumped me and moved on without any remorse. whether the person feels bad or not is not my business anymore, if she vex, make she dump another person, e no concern me. All i know b say, once i toast am and she fall mugu, na im business be that after 6 months. No be me talk am o! na woman like you teach me how to de play the game and am just being a loyal and faithful student.

so f**k love and marriage and embrace singledom and the pleasures of being single without any hassles wink
Re: Why Do We Have To Marry? by hollys(f): 8:53pm On Oct 30, 2007
@ poster

U r right O!Imagine putting ourselves thru the whole dating process,heartbreaks etc all in the name of wanting to get married and all for what?,

WHY?
i dont know.But sha I think I'll still jus follow the trend and stilll get married though. cheesy cheesy
Re: Why Do We Have To Marry? by dayokanu(m): 9:01pm On Oct 30, 2007
Lawyer,

I support you so much. Imagine one woman or man making the rest of your life miserable. You have to explain every action and every friend you keep.

If marriage is for children to grow up in a good environment then we should all divorce after the children have grown. Count the number of women that get battered

everyday just because They wanted to get married.
Re: Why Do We Have To Marry? by minute(f): 11:34pm On Oct 30, 2007
socially and legally necesary.

why?religious reasons undecided undecided,please family, to make commitment?,just for the fun of it;in some cases . . . . . .dont know.
Re: Why Do We Have To Marry? by jayvin01: 3:53am On Oct 31, 2007
hollys:

@ poster

You r right O!Imagine putting ourselves through the whole dating process,heartbreaks etc all in the name of wanting to get married and all for what?,

WHY?
i don't know.But sha I think I'll still jus follow the trend and stilll get married though. cheesy cheesy

hmnnnnnnnnnnn cool cool cool cool cool cool cool

maybe---
Re: Why Do We Have To Marry? by MoOdYLaDy(f): 4:06am On Oct 31, 2007
I don't have to get marry because it isn't by force but I do want to get marry because I want a home of my own, full of love, happiness and laughter’s , I want to have my own family, a good husband and children to love and cherish still the end, lol i can't wait to get marry kiss kiss kiss, it has always be my biggest dream to be married by 24yrs which has finally came through kiss kiss kiss
Re: Why Do We Have To Marry? by barikisu(f): 4:13am On Oct 31, 2007
@topic
if your parents hadn't gotten married, will you be in existence now?
Re: Why Do We Have To Marry? by Smigel: 9:29am On Oct 31, 2007
@ Lawyer and Dayokanu

What a shame
Re: Why Do We Have To Marry? by SmartK1(m): 10:42am On Oct 31, 2007
Pls attck me if u wish.

Its best if u are married and happy in it. Its worst if u are married and sad in it. U may take a calculated risk or uncalculated (if u wish).

Anyway, we always look for every opportunity to call God's name to suit our needs. I dont care what u quote, marry if u feel its right 4 u and would not negatively affect u and others(, ) otherwise do as u beleive its OK.

The bottom line: TRY AND LIVE A HAPPY LIFE AND TRY UR BEST TO ALWAYS MAKE OTHERS HAPPY TOO. forget about societal dos and donts especially african society.
Re: Why Do We Have To Marry? by cyprianjr(m): 10:45am On Oct 31, 2007
I suppose there's a verse in the bible which makes us understand that a time must come for the woman to leave her peeps and go settle down with her guy, someing like that sha

so for the bible to have said this, i think all man must follow besides i LOVE the idea of settling down, you know,wake up to the smiles of your lovely wifey,kids come running through the door, scattering things aorund the house, feel me? Its beautiful really. I don't want to spend the rest of my life driving down to my girls crib to see her in the evening or she coming over and then leaving me later in the day for her house, nahhh,that will be madness. Man fit colo.
Re: Why Do We Have To Marry? by tonia2000(f): 11:33am On Oct 31, 2007
cyprianjr:

I suppose there's a verse in the bible which makes us understand that a time must come for the woman to leave her peeps and go settle down with her guy, someing like that sha

so for the bible to have said this, i think all man must follow besides i LOVE the idea of settling down, you know,wake up to the smiles of your lovely wifey,kids come running through the door, scattering things aorund the house, feel me? Its beautiful really. I don't want to spend the rest of my life driving down to my girls crib to see her in the evening or she coming over and then leaving me later in the day for her house, nahhh,that will be madness. Man fit colo.

nice post
Re: Why Do We Have To Marry? by mekoyo(m): 1:01pm On Oct 31, 2007
It's God's will for us
Re: Why Do We Have To Marry? by cyprianjr(m): 2:49pm On Oct 31, 2007
Thanks Tonia.

tonia2000:

nice post
Re: Why Do We Have To Marry? by jadeola(f): 3:04pm On Oct 31, 2007
We have to get married for various reasons, the first reason is that God made man and woman and the man and woman are one. If a man and a woman love each other and they want to spend the rest of their lvies together then why not sign on the dotted line and commit to each other. If a woman/man is good enough to sleep with are they not good enough to marry?
Re: Why Do We Have To Marry? by jintujinta(m): 4:22pm On Oct 31, 2007
1. Three Gbosas for Lawyer. Gbosa! Gbosa!! GBosa!!!

2. You dont have to marry before you can have children. Just take care of them when they come.

3. What is the use of a marriage if it doesnt make you happy. Ask the women that are always battered. What is the use of a single life if it gives you misery? Be married because you are happy.

4. To hell with what any society thinks about marital status. Must we live up to other people's expectation? When shall we start living to please ourselves? I can afford to disappoint anybody, but i can not afford to disappoint myself. I do what suits me and makes me happy.

5. Birds of the air do not marry and are not given out in marriage, yet they are happy and even " Solomon in all his glory was not as adorned as any one of them," not even as the grass of the field.

6. Marriage or no marriage, all is vanity. Just live and enjoy yourself so much that when you die, you would not wish you had a second chance. Live so well, that by the time you die, even the chil;dren that are not born by you will miss u.

7. All said and done, the choice is yours.
Re: Why Do We Have To Marry? by rosquare(m): 4:41pm On Oct 31, 2007
wise guys and wise ladies in the house,
God did not make marriage compulsory,
in fact, Paul only advised that those singles
who can't cope should get married.

marriage is like life.
the fact that we are faced with diverse problems
in life, does not mean we all have decided to stop living.

so why is it that pple are refusing to get married because
of the problems encountered in marriage.

we should not 4get that there are still marriages that are
blossoming no matter how few and i know that mine will
be one when i am ready to lose my bachelorhood degree.

well its your life, your choice and your decision.
Re: Why Do We Have To Marry? by seun001(m): 5:09pm On Oct 31, 2007
jintujinta:

5. Birds of the air do not marry and are not given out in marriage, yet they are happy and even " Solomon in all his glory was not as adorned as any one of them," not even as the grass of the field.

how did u know if birds marry or not.Am sure u will find interesting wot birds actually think of us,humans.
Re: Why Do We Have To Marry? by jaybaby(f): 5:10pm On Oct 31, 2007
1st---God said it that we should marry.

2nd---To fill the world
Re: Why Do We Have To Marry? by drrionelli(m): 6:29pm On Oct 31, 2007
A fair number of postings in this thread refer to the idea that marriage allows us to have a single long-term pairing, as opposed to animals. What is not considered in such an assertion is that many species of animals do, indeed, form pair-bonds for life. Do we even humorously suggest that those animals do so based on belief in a deity? Why, then, do not all animals (we would be led to believe that they, too, are created by the same deity) exhibit such behavior?

Also, many of the theocentric posts here have used as their basis Christianity. Where do some of the other of the world's faiths stand on this issue?
Re: Why Do We Have To Marry? by johnstin(m): 6:46pm On Oct 31, 2007
Very simple.1 God sanctioned marriage.2 we are not animals.
Re: Why Do We Have To Marry? by lawyer(m): 7:40pm On Oct 31, 2007
@johnstin

Very simple.1 God sanctioned marriage

but Jesus never got married and he's was the happiest person on earth and he's still the happiest person in heaven grin

besides, the bible is filled with loads and loads of single prophets that didnt get married e.g the disciples, paul, and a host of old testament prophets. Can you imagine the peace of mind they had without women or marriage hassles? And the best of all, they were God's chosen people and they are in heaven right now.

I can't imagine the the number of married people who are in hell right now because of the beatings of their wives, cheatings, naggings, jealousy and a host of others. Being single is the bomb and you don't have to worry about one women sitting on your neck all day giving you hassles foolishly.   grin

1st---God said it that we should marry.

2nd---To fill the world

@jaybaby

I swear i have tried to fill the world by giving most of these girls belle anytime we straff but they end up doing G&C or visiting a certain Doctor Bonje to abort the babies. Is it my fault? At least i tried to fill the world according to you and am not married.

Is it when we now get married, women are not entitled to abort the child? Abeg leave story for tortoise! wink

Women are a very selfish bunch especially as it relates to the issue of marriage. It's either they get the ring or nothing else. Whether the man the man is ready or not no concern woman. Whether e de beat am before them marry no concern am. Whether the bobo de cheat on am before them marry no concern am. All she wan hear be say, once one chick tell am say " do you know Nkechi just got married last week or did you hear that doris married shola in january or imagine funke has just dragged mike adenuga tothe altar last month" once the woman hear that one, shame go de catch am say she don de old and she don de use style turn to old cargo, she go de follow any man shine hin 32 until one mugu fall for that spaggetti top or tight bell bottom and wahala don start.

Point one woman to me when marry because she love the bobo die because he resemble obj and he no get money, talkless of say e no get moto, kai that one na financial disaster for the woman and kia kia she don pick race go find frank nweke jnr marry make hunga no catch am.

Summary, all boys sharp up and shine your eye, no more indomie noodles and fried rice chicks again for our lives. grin
Re: Why Do We Have To Marry? by ssRhino: 7:56pm On Oct 31, 2007
i have asked so many people same question and no one has been able to answer me oh, so when you get an answer, please share
Re: Why Do We Have To Marry? by Fikzy(f): 9:36am On Nov 01, 2007
Simple! Well maybe not that….
The same reason you get fish to eat.
The same reason you get meat to eat,
Eventually, Birds, Fishes, animals will grow and find a mate to live with, make a home with, raise kids with, source for survival with.

, We get married mainly to populate our race!
But it’s not important that we all must get married.  Not all animals get a heart mate! grin

The only difference is that as Higher Animals, Marriage Does this one major thing;

1. Confirms each of the couples as Taken! - Don’t Torch.

Haven’t you seen male goats killing one another over a she-goat? Imagine what men will do if there is no legal way of binding Males to Females.

Most of all, the Creator knew all these from the beginning. He Predetermined Marriage!

@$$Rhino
but Jesus never got married and he's was the happiest person on earth and he's still the happiest person in heaven

Jesus had a specific mission. we have our own mission one of which is to populate the earth!
Re: Why Do We Have To Marry? by segzicres(m): 10:18am On Nov 01, 2007
good one poster. i think the revolution should start with you.
when you succeed give us back the feed back nut by that time maybe i'll have a sweet,attractive and caring wife.
you would have missed that. grin
Re: Why Do We Have To Marry? by eezzy(f): 12:49pm On Nov 01, 2007
Kinda feels nice to have someone by you who knows you well, shares
in all your issues good/bad - you know, soul mate, friend, companion, lover etc.
(Ask anyone who has lost a mate in one way or the other)
Re: Why Do We Have To Marry? by yongbabe(f): 8:13pm On Nov 01, 2007
@ Topic.

Good question.
the other day i went to make my hair in this Nigerian salon, and they were talking about marriage.
About the right age for marriage. They were saying that when a woman finishes school at 24,
when would she get married.
i replied that she shouldn't have to get married. that she could just get a kid and live happily.
they women turned and looked at me as if i had just admitted to having mental problems.
i just silently turned and continued reading my book ( God bless JK Rowling).

Seriously Nigerian men and women are obsessed about marriage ( some of them).
when a woman gets to 30 and is not yet married they start to look at her insinuatin that she is a " leftover".
this is stupid and really immature, its not about getting married and haing kids.
Its about becoming somebody in life and raising the kids well.

If i find someone i lov i would get married but if i don't i would just get a kid and make the best off my life!
Re: Why Do We Have To Marry? by babadee(m): 8:51pm On Nov 01, 2007
what if you dont find your better half? do you go ahead and just marry anyone because of what people will say if yu're not married?
screw all that, i think marriage is overrated.
it should be about being happy and not just getting married because its the trend
Re: Why Do We Have To Marry? by archbishop(m): 8:54pm On Nov 01, 2007
Helllooooooooooooo,
I love what BABYCAKE said, it is not compulsary to marry.
Just pray to meet the right person.
Love to meet BABYCAKE.
Love the name.

archbishop.
cheesy cheesy cheesy

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Talk Some Sense Into My Head.... This Guy Is No Good For Me / Why Ladies Tend To Take Nice And Sincere Guys For Granted / I Became A Millionaire By Chance

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.