Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,133 members, 7,814,959 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 02:01 AM

Why Do We Have To Marry? - Romance (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Why Do We Have To Marry? (6249 Views)

Is It Advisable To Marry A Non Virgin Girl? / Celebrity You Wish To Marry? / [poll] Would You Prefer to Marry a Virgin? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Do We Have To Marry? by seun001(m): 7:09am On Nov 02, 2007
archbishop:

Helllooooooooooooo,
I love what BABYCAKE said, it is not compulsary to marry.
Just pray to meet the right person.
Love to meet BABYCAKE.
Love the name.

archbishop.
cheesy cheesy cheesy

come ooo!na everybody u wan meet ehnnnn? shocked
Re: Why Do We Have To Marry? by leejay55(f): 10:13am On Nov 02, 2007
if you ask me,marriage is a good thing
d fact is life is not a bed of roses
its smooth and interesting sometimes
while sometimes,its rough and you feel miserable
your ability to handle this situation makes you stronger to face more challenges
as a lady,how would you feel,carrying a pregnancy for a man who is not your husband
then when your child grows and he or she is asking of d father you as the mother dont even know what to say
as a man,how would you feel impregnating 2 or more women aroun all in the name of catching fun
when dis kids grow,dey will definately look at u as a uzless man
who cannot keep his manhood in its house
marriage comes with blessings
every woman gets to an age whereby she wants to belong to a mans arms for life
and evryman gets to a certain stage were he wants to b detached from his family and start a life of his own.
he wants to lean on a soft arm and tell himself,he haz a comfort
lets stop making dis marriage issue hard on ourselfs
its just a simple thing
especially when you are with the right person
more importantly,we have to learn to endure,tolerate,and above all
LOVE
think about this
and make your choice today[i][/i] wink smiley kiss cheesy
Re: Why Do We Have To Marry? by nuru(m): 2:21pm On Nov 02, 2007
@ Leejay55

I agree with you. It gets to an age that irrespective of the facade in the open, an unmarried person weeps for him/herself in private. It is the ordainment of God and who is it that knows our constituent/cravings better than its creator.
Re: Why Do We Have To Marry? by Reverend(m): 2:29pm On Nov 02, 2007
What utter rubbish, unmarried people weep for themselves, I think a million times more married people cry for themselves than non married.

Marriage is a dying form, one that more and more people are seeing as nothing more than a piece of paper.

There is no reason to get married at all these days, there is no stigma attached to couples living together and marriage normally ruins many good relationships as people tend to take each other for granted once they have the certfificate.
Re: Why Do We Have To Marry? by mellow(m): 2:57pm On Nov 02, 2007
I don't really know, I quess guys need to get married to get help and care.[/color][color=#990000][/color][color=#990000][color=#990000][/color]
Re: Why Do We Have To Marry? by scientist(m): 7:54pm On Nov 02, 2007
grin grin grin IT IS NOT GOOD FOR MAN TO BE ALONE  grin grin grin MARRIAGE IS ORDAINED IN THE SIGHT OF GOD. IT MAKES ONE ESP. THE LADIESno offense EVEN MUCH MORE HONOURABLE  grin grin grin AND LEST I FORGET, THE DESIRE OF THE WOMAN WILL ALWAYS BE TO HER HUSBY result of the curse of man in the garden of edengrin grin grin
Re: Why Do We Have To Marry? by Reverend(m): 9:01am On Nov 03, 2007
scientist:

MARRIAGE IS ORDAINED IN THE SIGHT OF GOD. IT MAKES ONE ESP. THE LADIES
EVEN MUCH MORE THE DESIRE OF THE WOMAN WILL ALWAYS BE TO HER HUSBY

Which God?

Are you so naive as to beleive that a married woman only has eyes for her husband?
Re: Why Do We Have To Marry? by champredd(m): 8:43pm On Nov 03, 2007
As I wrote earlier, everything is regulated by governments, including marriage.

God ordained marriage from the beginning, but not the registry, dowry, etc.

Marriage is a result of an agreement between a man and a woman to live and share the rest of their life together.
Re: Why Do We Have To Marry? by drrionelli(m): 10:33pm On Nov 03, 2007
To those who write that marriage was sanctioned by a deity, how do you address those whose beliefs are not in that same deity? Also, what about those who believe in no deity?
Re: Why Do We Have To Marry? by ricadelide(m): 10:59pm On Nov 03, 2007
drrionelli:

To those who write that marriage was sanctioned by a deity, how do you address those whose beliefs are not in that same deity? Also, what about those who believe in no deity?
I don't really get your question; 3 different things are coming to my mind. Do you mean that those people are not allowed to believe that marriage is sanctioned by a diety? Or that they should discountenance such beliefs when dealing (discussing) with people of other viewpoints? Or that what allowance does their belief framework make for people of differing positions?
if you could clarify it would help. Cheers smiley
Re: Why Do We Have To Marry? by malips: 12:34am On Nov 04, 2007
we dont have to get married.its not by force,its wudeva you want.aiiiigghht?
Re: Why Do We Have To Marry? by Nobody: 6:15am On Nov 04, 2007
me? i want my children to have a father who will alwayz be there, u dnt have to marry, but you might want to wink
Re: Why Do We Have To Marry? by tglaz(m): 1:53pm On Nov 04, 2007
i guess its all a matter of choice.i have a friend who neva wants to get married.i stil gat another who aint married but gat a son,yrt another who cant wait to get married.
Re: Why Do We Have To Marry? by Nameless1(m): 2:54pm On Nov 04, 2007
Marriage no be by force oo,

if u can take the heat, then go right on

if u cant, hmm

Me im at a cross road now, i do want kids, but scared of this charade called marriage, i being a victim of a broken home, knows what i am saying, human beings cannot be trusted, neverrrrrrrr

(scratches head) , how do i go about having kids,
Re: Why Do We Have To Marry? by metusela(m): 3:40pm On Nov 04, 2007
marriage no be by force!!!!!!
Re: Why Do We Have To Marry? by folahann(m): 4:28pm On Nov 04, 2007
So, if someone doesn't want kids that no marriage.
Jesus did not marry
Re: Why Do We Have To Marry? by Nobody: 5:07pm On Nov 04, 2007
Na Jamb Question
Re: Why Do We Have To Marry? by drrionelli(m): 11:33pm On Nov 04, 2007
@ricadelide:
The question I was trying to pose, my friend, (without much success, I'm afraid!) is this:

Many of the posters in this thread said that marriage is a decree of God. Well, suppose you don't believe in "God," per se, but have another faith system. Then, should marriage be viewed from the aspect of having been an edict of a "God" in which one doesn't even believe?

Does that clarify things a bit? undecided
Re: Why Do We Have To Marry? by SmartK1(m): 1:23pm On Nov 05, 2007
O ga ooo.

One thing that annoys me most is when we bring GOD name in a matter that should be based purely on intelligent discussion. I consider it as an attempt to peep at a supposedly correct answer in an examination. However, the answer may be wrong.

Meanwhile, I consider marriage as just 'an agreement between 2 people to leave together because they share stuffs in common, and to add more to the already annoying problem of over-population(?)' simple. Ordained by God(?) i don't know. is it not in the 'holy Books' that
i. u must not kill (unconditional). Why do u buy guns for soldiers and policemen? to kill ants and games ?
ii. u should not judge(unconditional). Why do u send your sibblings to school to become lawers and judges.
iii. etc.

Leave God alone and discuss a matter of intelligence with intelligence.

Good luck.
Re: Why Do We Have To Marry? by dsuper4luv: 2:51pm On Nov 05, 2007
Every good Question, drrionelli, presido thax 4 ur reply. we hav to marry because God has made every thing according to his plan God create Adam n eve also man should live d parients and woman should aslo live her parients and both should live as 1 husband and wife (pls s not good to hav children outside wedlock ok).
Re: Why Do We Have To Marry? by adubiay: 8:36pm On Nov 05, 2007
I don't believe we get married just because of babies, we marry because we all need companion and someone to share our feelings and emotion with, kids are even secondary
Re: Why Do We Have To Marry? by Faitymine(m): 9:24am On Nov 06, 2007
If not for children, why should we get married!

get married once, have all your children for a man and leave him, after a while and you and children will be together.
To hell to men! if not for children JO!
Re: Why Do We Have To Marry? by ricadelide(m): 10:24am On Nov 08, 2007
drrionelli:

@ricadelide:
The question I was trying to pose, my friend, (without much success, I'm afraid!) is this:

Many of the posters in this thread said that marriage is a decree of God. Well, suppose you don't believe in "God," per se, but have another faith system. Then, should marriage be viewed from the aspect of having been an edict of a "God" in which one doesn't even believe?

Does that clarify things a bit? undecided
Ok, i get you now. Obviously, the one who doesn't believe in God, cannot (or may not) see marriage as being from God: his faith-system makes no allowances for that. However, his own peculiar case doesn't preclude those that deem marriage that way from maintaining such a viewpoint. The posters were writing things from their own perspective - it's a totally different debate altogether as touching which view is right.
Cheers smiley
Re: Why Do We Have To Marry? by ndumart: 10:31am On Nov 08, 2007
Its not compulsory, its a choice
Re: Why Do We Have To Marry? by champredd(m): 8:08pm On Nov 08, 2007
Marriage is necessary for companionship. Man(humans) is not designed(by God) to live alone, whether you believe God or not, that is the fact.
Re: Why Do We Have To Marry? by ozigbo(m): 10:42am On Nov 11, 2007
if you ask me,marriage is a good thing
d fact is life is not a bed of roses
its smooth and interesting sometimes
while sometimes,its rough and you feel miserable
your ability to handle this situation makes you stronger to face more challenges
as a lady,how would you feel,carrying a pregnancy for a man who is not your husband
then when your child grows and he or she is asking of d father you as the mother don't even know what to say
as a man,how would you feel impregnating 2 or more women aroun all in the name of catching fun
when this kids grow,dey will definately look at u as a uzless man
who cannot keep his manhood in its house
marriage comes with blessings
every woman gets to an age whereby she wants to belong to a mans arms for life
and evryman gets to a certain stage were he wants to b detached from his family and start a life of his own.
he wants to lean on a soft arm and tell himself,he haz a comfort
lets stop making this marriage issue hard on ourselfs
its just a simple thing
especially when you are with the right person
more importantly,we have to learn to endure,tolerate,and above all
LOVE
think about this
and make your choice today[i][/i]   

girl most say u ve said it all
Re: Why Do We Have To Marry? by pholer(m): 12:00pm On Nov 12, 2007
i joined nairaland a couple of months ago, but this will be my very first post.

By way of introduction, i am married, and i married at an age people consider to be young for a man, 28.

Why did i get married? same answer as why did i go to school, lol, you just know its something u want to do, ok, i was joking with this one.

But seriously, to all those who have expressed one opinion or the other, for or against, i don't think i can fault what u all said.

Marriage like most other things in life is a question of choice, and personal conviction. You want to do it, or u don't want to. People say to fulfil God's will but I think we know that Paul also said that you don't have to get married, if u are convinced u are better off being single,  so God's will really is what you and Him knows will work for you.

Next, people say you get married and its not what u think, too much heartache and all that, i think its the same as people who say, what if we serve God and we find out there is no hell fire, lol, we would have lost out of all the fun. Again, that is subjective. What gives u joy, what makes u complete, being married, staying single?

I think people should get married, to the right mates for them. How do i find who is right, u have your yardsticks, find a mate who scores 70% and go for it. The others, you either work it out, or get ready to tolerate it. Funny how people tolerate each other when they are friends, workmates and all, but once they get married they DONT want to,  you have to! simple.

We work hard at relationships, but we expect the work to stop once we get married. No, it just starts, and with the realization that you are in there for the rest of your life, you just need to do it well, and get the magic formula very early to save yourself heartaches.

Marraige really is more about completing yourself, and finding companionship when you are growing in life, i don't know how you get your own kicks, but going into an empty house at night doesnt do it for me, and think about when you can't chase girls or be chased by guys again, and are too old to enjoy marathon sex, what do u do? kids will grow up and leave you too, if you are lucky your mate doesnt die early, then you have a good life ahead.

Now, when u get married, you don't suddenly stop finding the other woman/guy attractive, or u don't suddenly just find that you can look at a pretty set of boobs and not feel a twang (by the way, the lady who raised the issue of big boobs/butties have a pretty good one, i think u shld be proud of it). You just tell yourself that hey, i am committed to this woman/man, and i should be responsible to that commitment, its still about choice, And when you fall into temptation, i pray we don't, get up and move on, marriage is a journey, not a destination.

I watched a movie once, a guy in a relationship finds he can't stay faithful to his fiancee, they have breakups and all of that. He confides in an older guy who is married, the guy replies (almost verbatim) " I drive a 2002 ford taurus, every year, ford changes the taurus model, every day i see someone with a more beautiful car, do i go around and want to drive every single one, no, i don't because i can't" Marriage is like that (or almost), u have to make a choice to stay in there.

So to the question, why do we have to marry, i'd say, its the best place to be if u work at having the right one. Do we all have to be married. Answer is No.

It takes hardwork to stay married. Having said that, if you choose not to get married, asta la vista,

Longest post I myself have read, but as i am new, it will take a few lessons in summary before i can get this down to manageable levels, so forgive me if i bore you.
Re: Why Do We Have To Marry? by seun001(m): 3:41pm On Nov 12, 2007
@Pholer,

excellent i'll say,

to all y'all who want to be lonely in old age better pray to die early cuz all the women/men u left in the lurch are gonna come back to haunt u. wink
Re: Why Do We Have To Marry? by pholer(m): 4:09pm On Nov 12, 2007
@Seun

Thanks,
Re: Why Do We Have To Marry? by Darola(m): 5:35pm On Nov 13, 2007
We marry for different reasons- some marry for children, others for money, some for companionship, some because the african mentality demands it, others for one or more of these reasons, but as my father said marriage is not for everyone.
Re: Why Do We Have To Marry? by oziomatv(m): 6:17pm On Dec 15, 2007
Am sory to come late,
marriage is not compulsory at all and having children out of wedluck does not give the child the name bastard for those who don't know what bastard means, it's a child without a clear knowledge of the father.
Re: Why Do We Have To Marry? by Nobody: 12:45am On Jul 05, 2009
marriage is WACKO?

an exaggerated and unnecessary institution,

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Talk Some Sense Into My Head.... This Guy Is No Good For Me / Collection Of Funny Quotes Falsely Attributed To Robert Mugabe / Why Ladies Tend To Take Nice And Sincere Guys For Granted

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.