Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,230 members, 7,815,299 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 10:28 AM

Why Do We Have To Marry? - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Why Do We Have To Marry? (6251 Views)

Is It Advisable To Marry A Non Virgin Girl? / Celebrity You Wish To Marry? / [poll] Would You Prefer to Marry a Virgin? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Do We Have To Marry? by champredd(m): 6:01pm On Oct 29, 2007
Marriage before our present times is mainly an agreement between a man and a woman with the consent of their parents. And is usually followed by celebration by the families of both couple.

But everything is now regulated by the government, hence, the need to formalise marriage.
Re: Why Do We Have To Marry? by seun001(m): 7:15pm On Oct 29, 2007
marriage lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: Why Do We Have To Marry? by kboy2z(m): 8:06pm On Oct 29, 2007
Fulfil GOD's commandment.
Re: Why Do We Have To Marry? by ow11(m): 8:44pm On Oct 29, 2007
Most of the responders have missed a valuable point.
everyone is talking about God,fulfilling His commandment, sin and covenant and so on.
How many of u grew up without parents?
the main reason people should get married is bc a child needs the presence of a father and a mother to grow up properly.
The northern 'lets kill, for Mohammed was mocked in cartoon somewhere i can't point on a map' animals and most of the militants in the ND didn't grow up in loving homes. Divorce in the western world is affecting the children and morals have fallen sharply.

Nothing can replace the presence of a father and a mother in the life of a growing child. anything amiss and only the grace of God can help such a fellow become an asset to the society.
Re: Why Do We Have To Marry? by theboy0808(m): 9:08pm On Oct 29, 2007
For unlimited pleasure!
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Why Do We Have To Marry? by pmdaboh(f): 9:22pm On Oct 29, 2007
@omega25red

Perhaps in African children born out of wedlock are called a "bastard", but that went out long ago in America with hundreds of children being born out of wedlock to women year after year. In America, it is just as normal as "drinking a glass of water".

I did not say that it is acceptable to God, for it was God that said a man should leave mother and father and cleave to his wife. And God also said be fruitful and multiply. Sure biologically speaking, we do not need to marry to have children at all, and depending on where you live in the world, children may, or may not, be labeled for not having married parents.

To me, it is a personal decision to honor or obey God's word or not. Even with the best intentions and being a Christian, people are human and will make a mistake. But to intentionally choose to have children without being married is up to that individual, and ultimately they will answer to God for their life and behavior.

Patricia
Re: Why Do We Have To Marry? by spikedcylinder: 9:30pm On Oct 29, 2007
To those of you saying we have to get married to give a child a stable home, how about those that do not want children? Or have you forgotten some people never hear a tcking biological clock? Should they not feel the need to get married too?
Re: Why Do We Have To Marry? by lorebobo(f): 10:07pm On Oct 29, 2007
point of correction, ifyalways, you dont have to marry to curb loneliness. as far as i am concerned, marriage is scary. looking at society these days, you'll wonder what the hell is going on. i mean, two people get married and before you know it, you're hearing they're having one problem or the other. maybe they married for all the wrong reasons. we have to be very careful when choosing life partners cos as the name goes, its for LIFE.
Re: Why Do We Have To Marry? by pmdaboh(f): 10:09pm On Oct 29, 2007
@spikedcylinder

The question was does a person have to get married to have children.  Of course, there are much more circumstances surrounding marriage and children, or marriage and no children and more, etc., but we were focusing on what was asked.

If you want to extend the topic to include those things, then you can make your point as well; for this is an open forum as you know.

Patricia  
Re: Why Do We Have To Marry? by shescute4(f): 11:19pm On Oct 29, 2007
until now,i have thot marriage to be an institution.and true to most institutions,u normally will have assignments,tests,examinations,promotions and, u can name the rest.personally,i'm scared of marriage and i try as much as i can to stay far away from it.why?its the only institution where u'll never graduate from and u get a certificate at registration. wink wink wink
@topic, i still wonder why we have to marry
Re: Why Do We Have To Marry? by sparkz: 12:16am On Oct 30, 2007
Marriage is the completeness of one's person. This goes beyond having children. Since creation it is a destiny set for us to fulfill without which man is not complete. It gets to a stage, an age maybe, that man feels that empyiness and a need to be completed with another, he feels lonely even in the midst of a crowd. Even where marriage is a burden, it has a great accomplishemt in existence.

asking y is asking creation itself tat created each individual incomplete in his soul.
Re: Why Do We Have To Marry? by vigasimple(m): 12:50am On Oct 30, 2007
To be quite frank with you guys/girls you have said so much and most are true

If there were Marriage schools we would all do better in relationships.

Nobody drives a car without going to driving school nor a lecturer without studying. The truth is that we look at marriage just from the feeling to be together point of view but there are more than meet the eyes. It is a serious business and if we choose to be each other friends there will be less problem, but we are all selfish.

In answer to the question we have to get married because God said so. Whether or not children comes those are the icing on the cake.

If we couples learn not to be selfish and becomes each other friends let me assure you that there will be more succesful marriages today. And also if we stop those feminine nonesense and look at each other roles. Women are suppose to be helpmeet.

The history of modern women working and having a separate income etc only started last century because of shortage of manpower after the graet recession.

The bible is very clear woman submitt to your husband as he is the head of the Home as Christ is the head of the church, and the bible further said Husbands love your wife (unconditionally)- whether pretty, slimm, fat ugly etc or not

We have to marry to have companionship forsaking all others. we are not animals that don't have one partner. Two is always better thans one.

May God help all the singles and you will have no fear because God will give you your own DNA and that is it.
Re: Why Do We Have To Marry? by shamass77(m): 1:28am On Oct 30, 2007
IF YOU DONT WANT TO MARRY, YOU DONT HAVE TO DO IT. ALL YOU NEED IS TO ADOPT COZ THERE ARE THOUDSANDS WAITING TO GET MOTHERLY AND FATHERLY LOVE. ADOPT A CHILD TODAY,
Re: Why Do We Have To Marry? by dennylove(m): 2:54am On Oct 30, 2007
adopt a child? shameless77,are you out of ur mind?soory did i just said shameless?
Re: Why Do We Have To Marry? by lawyer(m): 3:20am On Oct 30, 2007
Bullshit**********marriage is overarated! angry

Too much jealousy

too much nagging

too much bitching and fighting

money plays a key role in a marriage whether you accept it or not

too much cheating

my favourite cliche is the " he doesnt have my time any more"

the sex becomes very boring after a while and am not evn thinking about menopause

What's the point of getting married and after the honey moon butterflies have dried out, you begin to regret while your even sleeping next to a troll asking your self whether you were blind and why you even tot of it! grin

As for the issue of kids, that's another sorry excuse to get into a marriage. Orphans do grow up to become success stories and parents do have kids who were once like anini or still are? So stop painting the glorious sides of marriage and balance the negativites with it. Besides divorce statics are extremely alarming in Nigeria these days not to talk of europe or the U.s, so why even bother to enter a trap!

Solution: meet someone, have the best sex while it lasts, enjoy the honey moon period that shouldnt exceed 6 months and move on, life is too short, play more and protect yourself. Now that's is what i call a fulfilling relationship. I should know cos it has been working for me for quite a while now and am on cloud nine with this kind of arrangement. No hassles, no expectant ideologies or uneccessary bitching or demanding for better sex afterwards or money to do yakkie or meet the parents bullshit, just good ol' sex and few months of romance wink
Re: Why Do We Have To Marry? by pmdaboh(f): 6:12am On Oct 30, 2007
@Lawyer

If living your life like that makes you happy that is between you and the Lord, but I hope these 6 months of sexful bliss also come with the revelation to your many partners that is all it is--nothing more--for you will definitely move on to the next "good time". It is not just about your happiness, but if you live like that, and are not honest with the women you casually have sex with, then you are really using them totally from the start--unless they know of your philosophy of life.

I am not knocking you, for you have a "RIGHT" to live your life anyway YOU like, but when you do not let your sexual partners know that is ALL THIS IS, then YOU are not giving the women a chance to decide if that is ALL they want out of it too. Just be straight up from the start.

Patricia
Re: Why Do We Have To Marry? by dennylove(m): 6:43am On Oct 30, 2007
LAWYER!!!!!!! IT SHOWS THAT YOU ARE NOT MAN ENOUGH grin grin grin cheesy cheesy shocked shocked shocked
Re: Why Do We Have To Marry? by opokonwa(m): 7:39am On Oct 30, 2007
@POSTER

When e reach your turn, no marry now, just have kids.

(Did you need recruits? )
Re: Why Do We Have To Marry? by vescucci(m): 9:09am On Oct 30, 2007
So that we can bound together to willingly have a miserable life together whether you like it or not. But, it's the condition of the earth. And also to control the world's population by preventing a lot of illegitimate children as fellas would otherwise go around fertilising eggs, if ya know what I mean!
Re: Why Do We Have To Marry? by amaikama(m): 10:09am On Oct 30, 2007
To fulfill all righteousness. cheesy
Re: Why Do We Have To Marry? by onyekang1(f): 10:28am On Oct 30, 2007
amaikama:

To fulfill all righteousness. cheesy
very funny huh! grin
Re: Why Do We Have To Marry? by saucekid(m): 10:32am On Oct 30, 2007
una still dey on this marriage level??

let me ask, who don ready to marry inside all of una? grin grin grin
Re: Why Do We Have To Marry? by dumi(f): 10:52am On Oct 30, 2007
HABIBI777 THE REASON WHY WE HAVE TO GET MARRIED IS TO FULFIL THE WORD OF GOD.'GO INTO THE WORLD AND MULTIPLY'
Re: Why Do We Have To Marry? by Tawak: 11:24am On Oct 30, 2007
i dnt kno cos i kip askin d same ?
Re: Why Do We Have To Marry? by olaura212(f): 11:55am On Oct 30, 2007
Everyone keeps talking of Obeying Gods law and all that.

Have we forgotten that some pple marry for the wrong reasons? Have we forgotten that pple marry and then separate due to irrecocilliable differences.
What would you call children from those kinds of homes? Bastards?I dont think so.

Let me ask the guys a question.Does unwanted pregnancy mean that you have to marry the lady even though you dont really much about her?After marrying the lady,you find out that shes not what you wanted and then what? Separation.What will you call children from such marriages.Mistakes?

Have we forgotten that children who lost either of their parents are not better in anyway than the children of single parents?

Lets be real for once.I dont think theres any man or woman his of her right senses will want to bring forth a child with out being married but as we all Know shit happens.
Re: Why Do We Have To Marry? by teetee2(f): 12:01pm On Oct 30, 2007
Don't u know there is no respect for woman that is not married?  It is very frustrating, a really bad experience.  That is why God is the Founder of marriage.So it is better to be married than be a single mother.
Re: Why Do We Have To Marry? by buttyelele: 12:07pm On Oct 30, 2007
we marry because
1. companionship: so you dont have to be lonely
2. helper: so u dont have to do it by yourself
3. sex: so u dont have to finger yourself or sample everybody u like.
4. unity: 2 heads are better than one
5. strenght: his streghth will be yours and your his.
6.warmth: so u dont have to use ur wrapper.
7.i can go on and on but most importantly, it is ordained by God.
Re: Why Do We Have To Marry? by spikyn: 1:10pm On Oct 30, 2007
Keywords being "have to"? Of course you don't "have to" get married either to have sex or children. Besides the word "bastard" is more of a description than an insult (at least in it's original context).

Marriage is a choice and mainly because of it's exclusivity more than any other reason as in
- Have sex exclusively with one person
- Have children exclusively with one person

etc

My dad's not a very rich person but he told me something. He said you don't have to get married and only you can decide for yourself whether to or not but one day you'll be older 40-50-60 and you'll see what you've missed and how different it could've been and that you had no real excuse to've not done it.

P.S. Don't knock adoption especially if you can't do it yourself.
Re: Why Do We Have To Marry? by mekoyo(m): 1:14pm On Oct 30, 2007
God who gave the commandment has a reason for that so you dont have to question him.

He demonstrated marriage by creating Eve for Adam and said therefore shall a man leave his father and mother and shall cleave to his wife and they two shall be husband and wife.

He created marriage for companionship and not loneliness
For love and not hatred
For trust and not misunderstandings.
Re: Why Do We Have To Marry? by angel101(f): 1:25pm On Oct 30, 2007
@ topic
U do not HAVE to get married

for those who are arguing about bastards, the dictionary describes a bastard as a child born of un married parents

teetee2:

Don't u know there is no respect for woman that is not married? It is very frustrating, a really bad experience. That is why God is the Founder of marriage.So it is better to be married than be a single mother.

This is a joke right? It just has to be a joke its so laughable!
Re: Why Do We Have To Marry? by bballchick(f): 1:29pm On Oct 30, 2007
if u dnt want to get married but av kids i dnt see nything wrong with that, nd d word BASTARD  is a dirty dirty word,  nd should not be used for nyone even if they were born outside wedluck, nd at PAST POSTER, wotz wrong with adopting, man d way some people think i sometimes wonder, ummm
Re: Why Do We Have To Marry? by tsungchen: 1:30pm On Oct 30, 2007
Marriage!

It sounds scary enough, but I still wonder why does that get married and hear that one of them snores, the other is a sex machine, she is materialistic and he just can't control his third leg (Applicable to a lot of men)

Having BASTARDS? Now that's even scarier! Mr. Post threader, Are you a bastard? Do you think you values would be any better if you were one? Are you trying to give an excuse for not wanting to be tied down by one woman and at the same time be free to impregnate any girl you see because you want to be father of many?

Marriage is an institution. It has been said in this thread, times without number and that children born out of wedlock are BASTARDS, yes they are, by statement of fact, but with right moral values, they can actually better their lot in life and want to sire children that would bear his name.

Anyone saying this is your life and you can marry a woman for like six months and later on move to another woman, I wonder why your father and mother did not do the same thing, maybe we would have more of people like you and then Bin Laden will have more reasons to blow Nigeria up.

Harsh? Who said the world was fair.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Must U Propose With An Engagement Ring? / Talk Some Sense Into My Head.... This Guy Is No Good For Me / Collection Of Funny Quotes Falsely Attributed To Robert Mugabe

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.