Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,687 members, 7,820,393 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 02:10 PM

The New Nairaland: Are You Staying Or Leaving? - Nairaland / General (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / The New Nairaland: Are You Staying Or Leaving? (14223 Views)

Poll: Who's staying or leaving?

I'm Staying!: 49% (159 votes)
I'm Leaving: 15% (49 votes)
I'm yet to decide. . .: 22% (73 votes)
I'm not bothered at all. . .: 11% (38 votes)
This poll has ended

Topic-Based [Following] & New Topic Bugfix (New Nairaland Update) / People In The Joke Department Of Nairaland Are The Most Lazy And : ! / Most Pple On Nairaland Are Unintelligent Babbling Goons (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The New Nairaland: Are You Staying Or Leaving? by iyatrustee(f): 4:17pm On Mar 12, 2012
Eyah! i see why the op dey vex. Its becos all of us now get to look like killz cos of the blue fonts. but wait oh.... i no see smileys use again sef. abeg gimme the old nairaland abeg!
Re: The New Nairaland: Are You Staying Or Leaving? by yamakuza: 4:18pm On Mar 12, 2012

I am not leaving but i may not be able to reply to post cuz this new nl is really hurting my eyes. It's like stiring long in front of a television.

so far:

1. Seun should change background color from white to grey.

2. We all should ditch our computers (or adjust zoom levels) and access NL more from our phones; for the next 2 weeks at least.

3. Someone should create a user guide thread, where we can teach each other how to insert smileys and other bbcodes.

These should reduce complaints by at least 60%

It would be nice to help create the best Network (social or not) in Africa, so lets keep the feature requests suggestions coming!

4. Signatures too!
Re: The New Nairaland: Are You Staying Or Leaving? by Nobody: 4:18pm On Mar 12, 2012
I gbadun this new look, joor.
Re: The New Nairaland: Are You Staying Or Leaving? by forkadict(m): 4:18pm On Mar 12, 2012
HELL NO! This site is harsh on my eyes. I feel dizzy after spending only a few minutes.
How person fit insert quote sef? Omo i no fit shout o!
Re: The New Nairaland: Are You Staying Or Leaving? by Esinwaju: 4:18pm On Mar 12, 2012
What I find the most annoying about NL2 is that I have to re-login every time I close and re-open NL. Oga Seun should rectify this ASAP.
Re: The New Nairaland: Are You Staying Or Leaving? by Ninilowo(m): 4:21pm On Mar 12, 2012
Queenzy: All talk and no suggestions! When will Nigerians change? Me, Rhodalyn, Nike4love, hotangel, gridlock and so many others were one of the first set of people to register on nairaland in august 2005, we had our fun then and we left....well, some of us left cos Seun offended us somehow. all am trying to say is, whether u leave or u stay, nairaland will still remain and will still get more members! I have been inactive on NL for years now but I always come back to get the latest info on what is happening in Nigeria and beyond. I even come here to laugh too. I think d new NL is cool and better than d previous one. its even easier to access now. for those complaining of eye issues, I am short sighted yet I can still access d new NL even without my glasses! u guys should give d guy a break! he has done a good job after all. he gave Nigerians a place to meet regardless of age, sex and location and even race!
Seun has done a good job. give him d credit he truly deserves.

for me, am staying, in fact d new NL will even make me more active.
O KARE.
Re: The New Nairaland: Are You Staying Or Leaving? by stevoski059(m): 4:21pm On Mar 12, 2012
The site is very ok I like it
Re: The New Nairaland: Are You Staying Or Leaving? by forkadict(m): 4:22pm On Mar 12, 2012
One obvious advantage i can see is that one can insert anybody's quote on any thread no matter how long ago the quote of interest was posted unlike before when you couldn't insert someone's quote once the person's quote is pages away from yours.
Re: The New Nairaland: Are You Staying Or Leaving? by stevoski059(m): 4:24pm On Mar 12, 2012
Staying
Re: The New Nairaland: Are You Staying Or Leaving? by somegirl1: 4:28pm On Mar 12, 2012
The new format doesn't makes distinguishing btw posts/ posters and posts and quotes easy.
Re: The New Nairaland: Are You Staying Or Leaving? by jackpot(f): 4:31pm On Mar 12, 2012
Re-logging bug pisses me off
Re: The New Nairaland: Are You Staying Or Leaving? by Nobody: 4:39pm On Mar 12, 2012
My own is the colour brightness and also the signature, that tells what u believe in. But most important is the background font, either u change it from white or reduce the brightness. I wont visit nairaland if my eyes are going to be affected.

1 Like

Re: The New Nairaland: Are You Staying Or Leaving? by timpaker(m): 4:46pm On Mar 12, 2012
Honestly, the site is fast becoming boring with this new look...
I now scroll, read few comments/posts and i get tired wishing i've got a microscope or night vision glasses to continue.
as for me, i no go let Nairaland give me eye problem, abeg (i'm too young for that)!!!!
Re: The New Nairaland: Are You Staying Or Leaving? by OAM4J: 4:47pm On Mar 12, 2012
valacious: My own is the colour brightness and also the signature, that tells what u believe in. But most important is the background font, either u change it from white or reduce the brightness. I wont visit nairaland if my eyes are going to be affected.

For now, adjust the view size with ctrl+(+) and Ctrl+(-)

That will help your eyes.
Re: The New Nairaland: Are You Staying Or Leaving? by CyberG: 4:51pm On Mar 12, 2012
This is why top companies like Microsoft, Google, etc hire Program Managers whose job is to design products that their customers will love and buy almost forever! I know Seun and his crew may not know this or why these companies spend 100,000's for one PM! Programming skills are useless if your customers hate your product! A good and smart solution is to have the new site in beta version to gauge feedback. Yahoo and Google do this whenever they make changes to their site. If you must change the internals like databases, keys, etc just leave the interface Babe am done u can call me now like the old one and make incremental changes due to feedback. Or how hard is that?
Re: The New Nairaland: Are You Staying Or Leaving? by Biggoozz: 4:52pm On Mar 12, 2012
This new version irritates my eyes badly, I will visit less frequently if it isn't changed and may finally stop visiting for good.
Re: The New Nairaland: Are You Staying Or Leaving? by Natasha2(f): 4:52pm On Mar 12, 2012
I HATE THE NEW NAIRALAND. cheesy
Re: The New Nairaland: Are You Staying Or Leaving? by ceeboy: 4:53pm On Mar 12, 2012
I wonder why everybody keep screaming my eyes my eye !!!....the new one rocks for me especially on mobile.
Re: The New Nairaland: Are You Staying Or Leaving? by Rogbese(m): 4:56pm On Mar 12, 2012
The one thing that bothers me is the new search engine. Before, you were presented with a results list that you could then chose from. Now? Everything is pre loaded! If you search for cars you will be given multiple results of the same thing with all the images loaded multiple times. For those browsing on mobile, that's a hefty price to pay.
Re: The New Nairaland: Are You Staying Or Leaving? by Yeske2(m): 4:57pm On Mar 12, 2012
Not decided yet
Re: The New Nairaland: Are You Staying Or Leaving? by Nobody: 5:00pm On Mar 12, 2012
Loving this new one. ℓ̊ can view pictures and watch videos that were posted. Unlike before
Re: The New Nairaland: Are You Staying Or Leaving? by mykejones(m): 5:02pm On Mar 12, 2012
I promised last nyt i won't log in2day. Wel,i did. The only difference is d frequency level.
I pray he changes this sha..or rather,improve this as much as possible.
This site has been a tremendous blessings 2me,but i certainly can't risk my eye sight over it.
To some people who tink we that r complaining dnt jus want2get accostomed 2change,ask Jona wat happend wen he brought out d fuel subsidy removal as positv change. We all knew wat happend.
Enof tori,dis one don tire me abeg.
Am out.
#Am NOT STAYING! Fact!!!
Re: The New Nairaland: Are You Staying Or Leaving? by pannyman(m): 5:02pm On Mar 12, 2012
So I am not the only one. It sure is bad for my eyes.
Re: The New Nairaland: Are You Staying Or Leaving? by berepiki(m): 5:02pm On Mar 12, 2012
i like it...itx beta...modern n appealin...mmmmmua....nw i can write a post as easy as ABC
Re: The New Nairaland: Are You Staying Or Leaving? by mykejones(m): 5:03pm On Mar 12, 2012
Re: The New Nairaland: Are You Staying Or Leaving? by Nobody: 5:08pm On Mar 12, 2012
I'm still saying this improvement should be done in the old colours. There are people here that if ℓ̊ establish a way to communicate, mail ø®  I'm out of here, will go directly to vanguard for my news only visiting when ℓ̊ have pressing research to do.
Re: The New Nairaland: Are You Staying Or Leaving? by MrResource(m): 5:11pm On Mar 12, 2012
*Testing*

Whatz there to decide? Leave because of this change? funny! grin grin

It has alwayz been Nairaland.Nairaland it is.Kinda used to it already cheesy

[s]I swear if this post appear twice ehh. . .i go vex!! [/s]
Re: The New Nairaland: Are You Staying Or Leaving? by naptu2: 5:15pm On Mar 12, 2012
I've been a guest on nairaland since 2005/2006 and I know that I've seen people mock Seun many times for using the same smf format since 2005. The new site may not be perfect, but change doesn't come easily. I believe that, rather than being melodramatic and giving ultimatums, etc, we should point out the flaws in the site so that Seun can fix them.

Here are my impressions so far.

1) The new site offers a much better mobile experience. We can now post and see pictures and start threads from our phones. We can also see smilies and profiles.

2) The colour scheme of the new site is terrible if you are using a desktop/laptop computer. I tried scrolling down quickly and I saw magic appearing before my eyes. I had to stop. You need to learn how to blend bright, soft and dark colours.

3) Please bring back the E-mail notifications or provide another means by which members are instantly notified about posts on threads that they are following.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Cute Girls On Nairaland / Lagos Environmental Task Force Denies Involvement In The Death Of Man In Oshodi / Lion Attacks Woman Having Sex

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.