Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,612 members, 7,809,244 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:31 AM

The New Nairaland: Are You Staying Or Leaving? - Nairaland / General (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / The New Nairaland: Are You Staying Or Leaving? (14204 Views)

Poll: Who's staying or leaving?

I'm Staying!: 49% (159 votes)
I'm Leaving: 15% (49 votes)
I'm yet to decide. . .: 22% (73 votes)
I'm not bothered at all. . .: 11% (38 votes)
This poll has ended

Topic-Based [Following] & New Topic Bugfix (New Nairaland Update) / People In The Joke Department Of Nairaland Are The Most Lazy And : ! / Most Pple On Nairaland Are Unintelligent Babbling Goons (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The New Nairaland: Are You Staying Or Leaving? by bunmioguns(m): 3:39am On Mar 13, 2012
dani1luv: Staying jor!! grin grin Even though my Section wan begin Protest grin grin grin

grin grin grin grin Me i no join dem ooo oga Dani
Re: The New Nairaland: Are You Staying Or Leaving? by seunlayi(m): 5:34am On Mar 13, 2012
lawyer: People complain too much! Give the guy a break. He said he did this on his own and he is working day and night to make sure its okay. Allow him to do his work. If you go new people will come in. I joined Nairaland in 2007 and 85% of the people i met then have been replaced by newbies. Nl is here to stay.Support not condemn. Offer solutions not criticize to death. Everyday we talk about Nigerians not doing our own thing and importing things daily. Lets support one of our own. He has done it before and he will do it again. Give him your support not destroy it. If Nl fails we all fail!

Cheers
yea, you are right, we Nigerians likes to complain too much. Sake mi, more grease to your elbow.

1 Like

Re: The New Nairaland: Are You Staying Or Leaving? by Aksum: 5:41am On Mar 13, 2012
I just joined so I'm staying :-)
Re: The New Nairaland: Are You Staying Or Leaving? by Nobody: 6:07am On Mar 13, 2012
Change is inenitable and i feel what Seun is trying to do. N'landers should encourage him and give him time to improve on this one. The earth abhors vacuum so if u cant cope u quit and sure new members will join. As for me am staying put.
Re: The New Nairaland: Are You Staying Or Leaving? by Oking1(m): 7:01am On Mar 13, 2012
of course am staying. To me the content of Nairaland is more important to me than the packaging. Thats how people will choose a wrong wife by looking at the packaging and not the content. And moreover its faster and user friendly on my phone. People will always complain about anything.
Re: The New Nairaland: Are You Staying Or Leaving? by pat077: 7:20am On Mar 13, 2012
change is inevitable, but u don't change a winning team. What's d problem wit d previous site?
Re: The New Nairaland: Are You Staying Or Leaving? by crusufixo(m): 7:29am On Mar 13, 2012
This forum was not about how attractive looking the interface was from the very beginning. besides, the interface was initially way !! way !! way !! not it at all, but yet, the site had over 800,000 members, so i dont understand y a little change would cause all these fuss. The main objective of the forum is for information sharing and seeking, for nigerians and nigerians based abroad.And that, did not change. If one is looking for fun and attractive websites, then there is facebook and twitter, but know this one thing, if people leave, other people will everly join. I want to use this medium to say to seun that you are really doing a great job. keep it up !!!!!

1 Like

Re: The New Nairaland: Are You Staying Or Leaving? by Tokotaya: 7:49am On Mar 13, 2012
This is a poorer experience than the old NL. Hope Seun will tweak it enough to meet and surpass old standards.
Re: The New Nairaland: Are You Staying Or Leaving? by Vuprax: 7:52am On Mar 13, 2012
The threads are a little busy on the eye but I guess we can all get used to it. Good work so far, Seun.
Re: The New Nairaland: Are You Staying Or Leaving? by NaijaEcash(m): 8:05am On Mar 13, 2012
Change is the only thing that is permanent in life. However, the way change is implemented can go a long way to dictate how people react to it. I guess this change could have been handled better than was done. Having said that,

I'm staying. Nairaland has done a lot in terms of providing much needed information for me as a Nigerian. So it will be funny to simply run away because I hate the new outlook of the forum. A forum is not just about the look, it is about the community and the value it adds to the lives of the community member. The truth be told, Nairaland has come a long way. There are so much information archived here that you may not easily get elsewhere.

What I don't like about the new outlook:

1. It is not easy on the eye. I actually prefer the old look.
2. The new look doesn't encourage me to contribute (maybe it is just the human nature reacting to change).
3. Some of the links are still broken (I guess the programmers are working hard to rectify that)
4. It lacks the graphic candies, it is too plain. Looks like a clone of Nairalist.
5. Can't seem to find my signature anywhere again. Is this a new policy?

What I like about the new outlook:

1. Well it loads a lot faster than the former. I guess that is a huge improvement.

2 Likes

Re: The New Nairaland: Are You Staying Or Leaving? by burkutu: 9:06am On Mar 13, 2012
the new nl looks like a kid just discovered crayons.
Re: The New Nairaland: Are You Staying Or Leaving? by Agybabe(f): 9:23am On Mar 13, 2012
~Killz~:

God. . . AYou are. . . smiley
i am what?
Re: The New Nairaland: Are You Staying Or Leaving? by Toyatc: 9:28am On Mar 13, 2012
The old NL interface was unique, but this new face.........no no no. It just looks like one of those other naija forums that does not make sense. In as much as the content is still the same, the interface should also speak volume, be attractive and easy to understand and navigate. Seun please and please this one no follow. I hope our opinion counts.
Re: The New Nairaland: Are You Staying Or Leaving? by Toyatc: 9:36am On Mar 13, 2012
The new NL interface is not "inviting to the eyes"
The colour is no no no no
It looks like a test-run of a new programmer
SEUN i beg you in the name of God, either you change this interface, or you take us to the formal one
It is not that we don't want to embrace change, but the change has to be worthwhile
No offense, but this new face is a CRAP
Re: The New Nairaland: Are You Staying Or Leaving? by Toyatc: 9:36am On Mar 13, 2012
The new NL interface is not "inviting to the eyes"
The colour is no no no no
It looks like a test-run of a new programmer
SEUN i beg you in the name of God, either you change this interface, or you take us to the formal one
It is not that we don't want to embrace change, but the change has to be worthwhile
No offense, but this new face is a CRAP
Re: The New Nairaland: Are You Staying Or Leaving? by nasty45(m): 10:05am On Mar 13, 2012
At least ds one no de ask me to review my post cos sb don post.sharperly i go jst submit am e go enta

1 Like

Re: The New Nairaland: Are You Staying Or Leaving? by saydfact(m): 10:10am On Mar 13, 2012
[size=18pt]hmm. NO COMMENT[/size]
Re: The New Nairaland: Are You Staying Or Leaving? by nnaiah: 10:22am On Mar 13, 2012
I have made alot of progress in every sphere with this forum.
I must commend Seun for his tenacity and vision.
I have also found http://nairaface.com a very wonderful forum by a Nigerian for Nigerians with some very advanced features
Marketplace,VOIP blogging etc
Re: The New Nairaland: Are You Staying Or Leaving? by Agybabe(f): 10:52am On Mar 13, 2012
Idowuogbo:

Sister in d lord, na u act sister act 2 ni?

Ewo see preaching,abeg pipe low joor.

Elewa strong head too much.He doesn't take in anything but rather does what he wants.

No be hin fault na, na we dey patronize nonsense.

Msteeeeeeew!
what is your drift?
Re: The New Nairaland: Are You Staying Or Leaving? by Agybabe(f): 10:55am On Mar 13, 2012
freecocoa: Wetin happen?are you just coming back from evening mass?see how you are giving sermon untop wetin we all know is a bad change,smh *cocoa wept*
you call this a bad change. I am dissappointed. This is not cocoa talking. Anyway i no dey come from church. I just know the right thing to say.
Re: The New Nairaland: Are You Staying Or Leaving? by nwanioma(f): 11:00am On Mar 13, 2012
I really don't think nairaland has ever been about the interface, it was more about the people. So except it more than half of the people are leaving which i doubt I AM STAYING!!!
Re: The New Nairaland: Are You Staying Or Leaving? by Idowuogbo(f): 11:16am On Mar 13, 2012
Agybabe:
what is your drift?
Wot drift?

D annoiting still dey ur body ni ?

Lmao@ dat is not cocoa talking

Don't worry she'll b bck to tell u who was talking.
Re: The New Nairaland: Are You Staying Or Leaving? by iykay4455(m): 11:39am On Mar 13, 2012
I am staying.I have gotten used to the new nairaland
Re: The New Nairaland: Are You Staying Or Leaving? by Izecson3D(m): 11:45am On Mar 13, 2012
~Killz~:
Hi! A lot has been said about the NL2. Yesterday i was personally disappointed. Disappointed because this change was forced down my throat. Disappointed, because i believed NL2 was still in it's testing stages only to be presented as a "7th year Birthday Present to Nairalanders. . . Disappointed, that enough has not been done to really explain ti the members that make up Nairaland, as to why and what led to the immediate change! (Well, except the thread seun opened in which he has only made a comment afterward)

Words have failed us all. We have shown our indignation, outright vituperation and some have been very vociferous on their views. Seun has never been insulted this way since the inception of Nairaland 7 years ago, and i can bet my laptop charger on that. Mind you, i'm NOT against change. But i sincerely believe change is gradual, especially when it involves "Nigeria's MOST visited website". . . We all have choices. Whether seun likes it or not, the truth is that we make up nairaland, and he should listen to us, else we find alternatives. . .

These are the words of seun: "We cannot revert to the old forum. It uses a completely different database, which is incompatible with the version we switched to. It's technically very hard to do and it would result in an inferior mobile experience. Our only option is to continue to keep tweaking this one until it looks right". . . Those words only mean that we need to be patient. . . But for how long? How long is too long to us individually?

Damn, we all were alive and kicking before the birth of Nairaland, and we sure will live after Nairaland. Like all addictions, addiction to Nairaland can be broken. It will only take time. Another possibility is that when the new NL is finally finished, it may not meet the standards of the members, therefore, sooner or later, most of us will have to sadly leave the forum. . . Right now, i'm undecided. I've put up a poll for you to express your desire to either stay or leave. maybe, the numbers of the poll will speak to seun and his team, and make them realize that they are on slippery grounds. . . A lot of members could leave, but there will be new members soon enough and even at that, their impact would be felt by way of comments or making the forum lively. . .

Seun i wish you the best. I'll support you in anyway i can. A fellow forum member ~Bluetooth, suggested to seun that if money is the problem, we are willing to contribute. . . I second that statement. You are young and focused and visionary, but it doesn't hurt to listen to the advice of the people you are trying to please. . . We all welcome change, but we want a change for the better. . . sir!

I'll like this thread to be free from insults to seun and his team of programmers. . . They've had enough of that already. We can make our voices heard maturely, and vote in peace. . . smiley

So, who's staying and who's leaving? sad
AM CONFUSSED:|
Re: The New Nairaland: Are You Staying Or Leaving? by dammizz(m): 12:42pm On Mar 13, 2012
Facebook has changed its outlook and added new features countless times without seeking our consent but we never complained. We prefer to condemn our own products and whatever the oyibos do is ok by us. The new nairaland platform is cool, I like it, all who hate should quit hating
Re: The New Nairaland: Are You Staying Or Leaving? by 3kay945(m): 1:47pm On Mar 13, 2012
am loving it on my laptop.. see no reason of leaving. for those complaining about size of texts or colors. i simply say i dont get it. or is it because it as been adjusted? well. all the same. i think i love nairaland2.0
Re: The New Nairaland: Are You Staying Or Leaving? by Sike(m): 1:55pm On Mar 13, 2012
The only thing i love about this new NL is the direct ability to quote a post.... But no matter the changes, i'm going no where! Am gonna grow old in here cuz NL is the Best to me.
Re: The New Nairaland: Are You Staying Or Leaving? by kholis(m): 2:08pm On Mar 13, 2012
Sike: The only thing i love about this new NL is the direct ability to quote a post.... But no matter the changes, i'm going no where! Am gonna grow old in here cuz NL is the Best to me.

Thanks, man. I believe we'll get used to this slight change.
Re: The New Nairaland: Are You Staying Or Leaving? by landinfo: 2:27pm On Mar 13, 2012
'm luvin NL d MORE
seun kip it Up
Re: The New Nairaland: Are You Staying Or Leaving? by wealthtrak: 2:36pm On Mar 13, 2012
^^^^
@Poster

I give Seun and his team 1 week to fix this
issue [revert to the iconic Nairaland that
we've always known]. I will be leaving here
after 7 days [20th March, 2012!] angry

The Interphase or look of this so-called new
Nairaland can damage a person's eyesight
with Glaucoma or Cataract!

After 7 days we will come up with come up with
a new site called: www.NairaLandSucks.com [How
NOT to treat a loyal following of 868969 members] cool

Enough said! cool

Re: The New Nairaland: Are You Staying Or Leaving? by yamakuza: 4:24pm On Mar 13, 2012
~Killz~:
Seun, i'm seeing the improvements. . . It's less brighter now. Thanks! smiley

seems its easier on the eyes now, huh?

[s]See what positive feedback can do.

This might be a good time to offer more suggestions.[/s]
Re: The New Nairaland: Are You Staying Or Leaving? by Toyatc: 4:29pm On Mar 13, 2012
dammizz: Facebook has changed its outlook and added new features countless times without seeking our consent but we never complained. We prefer to condemn our own products and whatever the oyibos do is ok by us. The new nairaland platform is cool, I like it, all who hate should quit hating

We don't have problem with change, the issue is with the kind of change (positive or negative). The changes carried out by fb does not impair people's sight. This new NL look can deform ones eyes.
This new NL look is not USER FRIENDLY, and why build a site that the interface would not encourage user. Mind you, without the users, there is no NL.

Oga Seun, i'm still pleading with to take into consideration your users before effecting any change. If you have been following this thread, you will notice that over 70% of the comments has made emphasis on the "eye effect" of this new look.
shee you know say if we blind, we no go fit use ur NL again ooo

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Cute Girls On Nairaland / Lagos Environmental Task Force Denies Involvement In The Death Of Man In Oshodi / Comandclem Patentee Assembly

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.