Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,744 members, 7,959,301 topics. Date: Thursday, 26 September 2024 at 02:01 PM

The New Nairaland: Are You Staying Or Leaving? - Nairaland / General (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / The New Nairaland: Are You Staying Or Leaving? (14475 Views)

Poll: Who's staying or leaving?

I'm Staying!: 49% (159 votes)
I'm Leaving: 15% (49 votes)
I'm yet to decide. . .: 22% (73 votes)
I'm not bothered at all. . .: 11% (38 votes)
This poll has ended

Topic-Based [Following] & New Topic Bugfix (New Nairaland Update) / People In The Joke Department Of Nairaland Are The Most Lazy And : ! / Most Pple On Nairaland Are Unintelligent Babbling Goons (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The New Nairaland: Are You Staying Or Leaving? by str8talk1: 10:04pm On Mar 12, 2012
tpia@:
anything that reduces my time on nairaland should be met with applause by you folks.

una no even appreciate seun's efforts sef.
I appreciate some of d changes made,but d web developer need to tone down d color theme or reverse back to d previous color theme.
and make use of 00:00:00,as time of post.
I like d 'quote post' feature on indivual members' post.
i like
Re: The New Nairaland: Are You Staying Or Leaving? by oneuniquemind(m): 10:07pm On Mar 12, 2012
I'm staying.if this was d initial font,we'd loved it anyway. seun sud even address ds issue by tellin us d risins 4 d change wt al sincerity.
Re: The New Nairaland: Are You Staying Or Leaving? by HenryJosephs(m): 10:09pm On Mar 12, 2012
It's true tht the font size and color is nothing to write home about.I welcome change, but not a retrogressive one,for crying out loud, My eyes fucking hurt! Alas, Nl has become a part of me so I'm stuck like glue.
Re: The New Nairaland: Are You Staying Or Leaving? by chucky234(m): 10:16pm On Mar 12, 2012
Nairaland has been our second home and office over the years but this new site is not working,my eyes are completely blur as I am typing this as NL2 look horrible on my BB.
I am falling sick because I am missing my NL,will NL2 ever work?
Re: The New Nairaland: Are You Staying Or Leaving? by Akanbiedu(m): 10:25pm On Mar 12, 2012
This Seun na real enterpreneur. I gbadun your style.

The guy sabi say change is not easy, so its useless asking for opinion from the masses, he just decided to do it. I dey with you jare, though I must admit, i am finding it difficult to adjust.
Re: The New Nairaland: Are You Staying Or Leaving? by kolnel: 10:30pm On Mar 12, 2012
Won't leave. But its not addictive again.
Re: The New Nairaland: Are You Staying Or Leaving? by freecocoa(f): 10:44pm On Mar 12, 2012
Idowuogbo:
Evening partner grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Evening sugar,omo the annointing too much for her body this night.cheesy grin
Re: The New Nairaland: Are You Staying Or Leaving? by howfar2: 10:56pm On Mar 12, 2012
Seun, i suggested that you do an Heuristic evaluation earlier, sincerely you have refused to consider the users of this site. The front is very bad and the setup is clumsy. I need to save my eyes so i will pop in once in a while. cheers
Re: The New Nairaland: Are You Staying Or Leaving? by freecocoa(f): 10:56pm On Mar 12, 2012
Idowuogbo:
Bebe mi liv am na learner grin grin grin grin
They guy wan provoke me add join the one seun don already do.I'm really bored.
Re: The New Nairaland: Are You Staying Or Leaving? by Idowuogbo(f): 10:59pm On Mar 12, 2012
freecocoa: They guy wan provoke me add join the one seun don already do.I'm really bored.

hahahhahaha

I figured u are,enter romance go shake borri small na. wink cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: The New Nairaland: Are You Staying Or Leaving? by stunna2(m): 11:17pm On Mar 12, 2012
im used to changes...so for me the change is not the issue really but the very bad font that makes the pages look like the early days of the internet and very hurtful to the eyes!

i will pop by once in a while to see how the updates are going...since i know the Guy is not stupid an therefor will listen to people for sure and change the fonts to make it look as posible to NL1 and i do not see any technical reason why he can not do so.

the rest of the changes will only take me few minutes to look over and get used to!

thanks Sean for putting the site together and if u feel u need some add revenue, go ahead, i dont mind advertising at all!just make sure they r not too loud as the site currently is!

i have to go now as im getting headaches from looking at the site as is now...but like i said, i will be back since i expect changes

1 Like

Re: The New Nairaland: Are You Staying Or Leaving? by lakeside4love(m): 11:19pm On Mar 12, 2012
I am staying..i love d new look..
Re: The New Nairaland: Are You Staying Or Leaving? by Nobody: 11:21pm On Mar 12, 2012
NAIRALAND IS STILL DA BEST TO ME,AND LIKE SOMEONE SAID EARLIER,IF YOU LEAVE NOW YOU'LL STILL COME BACK,SO WHATS THE POINT? MY ONLY QUESTION NOW IS CAN I TYPE ''FUKK'' NOW ?
Re: The New Nairaland: Are You Staying Or Leaving? by slimyem: 11:23pm On Mar 12, 2012
...and what's up with this friend request thingy?
Is NL the new facebook?
Re: The New Nairaland: Are You Staying Or Leaving? by Idowuogbo(f): 11:25pm On Mar 12, 2012
slimyem: ...and what's up with this friend request thingy?
Is NL the new facebook?
Sharrrrap!!! u like it jo cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

Y u forming? am sure u cant wait to pm me tongue tongue
Re: The New Nairaland: Are You Staying Or Leaving? by xothermik(m): 11:32pm On Mar 12, 2012
I think its mainly a commercial move. I see more banners on the home page. I think its very clunky and rigid to use at the moment. I mean if nothing I expected the upgrade to support the use of pictures or avatars of users and accomodate more letters or characters at your post footer. Now you can't even see a persons footer comment or link. I think that's a huge retardation for a forum of this age. Its not only jobless and bored people that patronize this forum. There are communities of professionals here as well especially in the technology section. I for one got my job and a lot of buisness contacts because of this site. The footer used to be a place where u could learn a thing about the poster or even get a link to their website. Also I think its silly to expect people to view posts based on hours and minutes they were posted alone like we are some military robots as opposed to seeing the time based on today, yesterday etc. Like in the old one. Also some of the font colors are products of terrible web design. I mean you really have to squint to read some of the content. Its not an excuse to say you did it yourself or whatever. Or u think facebook would have gotten to where it is today if he kept doing everthing himself? Employ people like coders that are better than you to help fix the difficult things you complain about. Graphic artists and designers and web designers to come up with a practical look for the forum. You are making money from the advertising for gods sake! You don't even have to go anywhere to get the best hands. You have it all here right here on nairaland! There are already many better forums today in nigeria based on both visua and functionality. The only thing nairaland has better is the users who have already set camp here and just won't be bothered to start over else where. You keep making it harder or less usable for them then you are basically and systematically donating your users elsewhere.

1 Like

Re: The New Nairaland: Are You Staying Or Leaving? by slimyem: 11:33pm On Mar 12, 2012
Idowuogbo:
Sharrrrap!!! u like it jo cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

Y u forming? am sure u cant wait to pm me tongue tongue
lmao!
Keep dreaming of me and wait for that pm till forever!
Ololdo!
Re: The New Nairaland: Are You Staying Or Leaving? by Killz3(m): 11:46pm On Mar 12, 2012
Seun, i'm seeing the improvements. . . It's less brighter now. Thanks! smiley

1 Like

Re: The New Nairaland: Are You Staying Or Leaving? by Idowuogbo(f): 11:48pm On Mar 12, 2012
~Killz~:
Seun, i'm seeing the improvements. . . It's less brighter now. Thanks! smiley
U are typing wiv sunglasses na

So wot u on? grin grin grin grin grin
Re: The New Nairaland: Are You Staying Or Leaving? by r231(m): 11:50pm On Mar 12, 2012
@killz
with all the craziness going on, you still type with chicks font

so how do you expect pple to see undecided undecided
Re: The New Nairaland: Are You Staying Or Leaving? by Killz3(m): 11:54pm On Mar 12, 2012
r231: @killz
with all the craziness going on, you still type with chicks font

so how do you expect pple to see undecided undecided
Chicks font? grin grin angry
Id i just saw a lady with triple wink wink
Re: The New Nairaland: Are You Staying Or Leaving? by Idowuogbo(f): 11:58pm On Mar 12, 2012
~Killz~:

Chicks font? grin grin angry
Id i just saw a lady with triple wink wink
I just saw a Lebanon cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: The New Nairaland: Are You Staying Or Leaving? by FEMARY1: 12:12am On Mar 13, 2012
Re: The New Nairaland: Are You Staying Or Leaving? by InkedNerd(f): 12:35am On Mar 13, 2012
@OP: I'm still deciding. Honestly, the idea of using something that is a hassle is just a bit much for me. One thing I liked about the old version of Nairaland was that it functions were easy to manage. This reminds me of when Myspace started doing shït that was over the top and unnecessary. Like I'm mentioned before, I'm not tryin' to throw shade on Seun, but just basic maneuvering has become a nuisance. As a whole, I applaud his effort. I'm actually thinking about joining Naijapals cry
Re: The New Nairaland: Are You Staying Or Leaving? by dawoyo(m): 12:43am On Mar 13, 2012
To be honest, I prefer this version... Nice work Seun.

1 Like

Re: The New Nairaland: Are You Staying Or Leaving? by amec(m): 1:38am On Mar 13, 2012
This change is long over due.

Re: The New Nairaland: Are You Staying Or Leaving? by Esinwaju: 3:14am On Mar 13, 2012
I think I'm starting to get used to the new nairaland. At least it no longer feels as if I typed the wrong URL whenever the front page comes up on my device and I have also noticed some improvement.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Posting Will Be Disabled For A Few Hours / What Advise Do You Have For Those That Just Clocked 20 / Tanker On Fire Along Lagos/Ibadan Expressway

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.