Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,690 members, 7,831,135 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 02:16 PM

CNN Praises Nigeria As Ngozi Makes Us Proud - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / CNN Praises Nigeria As Ngozi Makes Us Proud (19560 Views)

Obama Praises Nigeria’s President For Conceding Defeat / B B C Finally Praises Nigeria For Defeating Ebola Virus / SKY News Praises Nigeria/knocks USA Over Ebola (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: CNN Praises Nigeria As Ngozi Makes Us Proud by Kobojunkie: 1:48am On Mar 24, 2012
Mkpotu: Good one!

If she finally wins, we will plead with Oby Ezekwesili to come and occupy the position of Finance Minister and Co-ordinating Minister for the Economic Team. Not a bad idea.

She ain't doing that. She is better off where she is right now. The last thing she needs is to have Jonathan Goodluck use her to shield himself from taking full responsibility for the situation in Nigeria, as he essentially used Iweala to cover for his Subsidy removal debacle. grin grin grin grin grin

I watched the subsidy-removal proceedings, and I couldn't get past the fact that Iweala seemed like she was dropped in the middle of something bigger than her person.
Re: CNN Praises Nigeria As Ngozi Makes Us Proud by Nobody: 2:12am On Mar 24, 2012
Nnenna1:

What a statement undecided- and what are you, as a Nigerian, doing to change this?

Or is this your way of running down your own as is typical of Nigerians these days?

Well, many of the carefully worded statements singing beautiful tunes about Nigeria are only found on the shores of Nigeria. if you read widely, it's not difficult to see the glory has gone.It is beyond emotions. That's the reality of our time. if you think otherwise, please justify your position. What are we up to?

Please don't run on high emotions as this is not a pull down syndrome. If you look at it objectively you ll see it's not a well thought out plan for Nigeria to present a candidate without feeling the pulse of Americans or having a tacit support of Americans in this case looking at the history of world bank. It does not make sense contesting an election you are damn sure of losing except if you traditionally like being associated with failure. Look at the countries pushing her candidacy: South Africa, Nigeria, Angola and with a false media buzz they called it developing world. grin grin grin Who are we deceiving? Is Nigeria developing?

Nigeria should stop all this fire brigade diplomacy at the world stage that can not achieve anything. We should concentrate on reinventing our country and our value systems instead of chasing world bank presidency that can not fetch us anything. If she truly want to make a mark, Nigeria is her best experiment.
Re: CNN Praises Nigeria As Ngozi Makes Us Proud by Raymond4kc: 3:19am On Mar 24, 2012
Re: CNN Praises Nigeria As Ngozi Makes Us Proud by collinsfbi(m): 7:14am On Mar 24, 2012
Kobojunkie:

Technically, she has only been back about 8 months. Granted the revelations of how out of touch our so-called ministers are with the condition of living for average Nigerians, I think she still has some time to turn things around.

I don'y know about failing her tribe there considering she is just a woman pursuing her own dreams, and not some messiah or leader for any one tribe in that nation. we need to ease off that whole 'na my tribe im belong' nonsense, and that 'she is a nigerian so she is me' crap. Her tribe did not pay her school fees, neither did nigeria.

She was a bit part of Obasanjo's regime and now as finance Minister under GEJ's regime. Obviously we don't expect her to spend donkey years before making sense to Nigerians. She claimed that removal of fuel subsidy will transform Nigeria yet she's part of the Govt that budgeted 888bn for subsidy in 2012. Maybe by the time fuel pump price increases to 200naira per litre subsidy budget will reduce to 800bn or 700bn. They are fooling themselves thinking they are fooling all Nigerians and you think obama is a dumb as many racists NLders.

Gbamm over and out
Re: CNN Praises Nigeria As Ngozi Makes Us Proud by kokoA(m): 8:17am On Mar 24, 2012
Nairalanders. Remember when S.A deported our citizens unjustly, we all came out condenming and even cursing them. So, nobody should say most Nairalanders aint patriotic or hate Nigeria here.. Coming to the issue of NOI, she's a brilliant Nigerian woman no doubt but I don't give a damm if she gets the job or not because apart from mere symbolism it adds nothing neither does it remove anything from Nigeria..
Re: CNN Praises Nigeria As Ngozi Makes Us Proud by omoharry(f): 12:40pm On Mar 24, 2012
strangerf: She is never gonna become president of the world bank. Better an America than some random over-hyped heavily accented Ibo woman.

Over my dead body
Haba!! Na wetin tis woman do u for u toget this bad belle like this.if the international communities fit praise her den what is yr stress.try show some some support for this woman abeg if she deyamong pple wen supoort removal of fuel subsidy.
Re: CNN Praises Nigeria As Ngozi Makes Us Proud by DTruSon(m): 12:47pm On Mar 24, 2012
Since its creation in 1944, the president of the World Bank has always been an American, but developing countries are pressing for a merit-based competition. The US will lose legitimacy if it foists a low-calibre leader on the institution when there are well-qualified candidates from developing countries.
Re: CNN Praises Nigeria As Ngozi Makes Us Proud by Callotti: 2:20pm On Mar 24, 2012
Her mode of dressing may affect her nomination.
That 'akara' pot of a headrest would have to go.
How did CNN praise NIGERIA btw. . .?
False reporting in progress!

Other than the fact that NOI is a Nigerian. . .I fail to see what this has got to do with Nigeria.
Her being a Nigerian might even count against her.
Oh well, next beta news item.
Re: CNN Praises Nigeria As Ngozi Makes Us Proud by Qrisful: 2:31pm On Mar 24, 2012
strangerf: She is never gonna become president of the world bank. Better an America than some random over-hyped heavily accented Ibo woman.

Over my dead body
just go die, because what has ordained no fool like you can stop, least I 4got go jankara to buy your casket at least make your choice, bad belle
Re: CNN Praises Nigeria As Ngozi Makes Us Proud by wolebanks(m): 12:27pm On Oct 18, 2014
strangerf:
She is never gonna become president of the world bank. Better an America than some random over-hyped heavily accented Ibo woman.

Over my dead body
who you be, You get level?
Re: CNN Praises Nigeria As Ngozi Makes Us Proud by Naijacitizen(m): 4:15pm On Sep 27, 2015
how does this story ended?
Re: CNN Praises Nigeria As Ngozi Makes Us Proud by Xkufiz(m): 2:18pm On May 01, 2016
strangerf:
She is never gonna become president of the world bank. Better an America than some random over-hyped heavily accented Ibo woman.

Over my dead body

Tribalistic nymph!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Trekker, Suleman Hashimu going for Hajj / Abubakar Yusuf's Hospital Seized In Kano (Photo) / Yakubu Gowon Celebrates His 83rd Birthday Today

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.