Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,518 members, 7,830,530 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 02:05 AM

CNN Praises Nigeria As Ngozi Makes Us Proud - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / CNN Praises Nigeria As Ngozi Makes Us Proud (19558 Views)

Obama Praises Nigeria’s President For Conceding Defeat / B B C Finally Praises Nigeria For Defeating Ebola Virus / SKY News Praises Nigeria/knocks USA Over Ebola (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: CNN Praises Nigeria As Ngozi Makes Us Proud by JoeMosco(m): 8:03am On Mar 23, 2012
Thank God such opportunity will never come your way cos u'll allow economic ignorance, personal bias and pull her down syndrome to ruin a golden opportunity to developing countries the world over. Do you think those that nominated her are ignorant of all she did during the subsidy debate? They probably know she was right even though it was a painful pill for us to swallow.

Good one! Let those tribalistic mediocres go and hug hell..... Up Ngozi !!!! jooooooo
Re: CNN Praises Nigeria As Ngozi Makes Us Proud by oraclefemi(m): 8:05am On Mar 23, 2012
They will put her there and then use her to exploit Africa's vast resources, they will grant huge loans and aids to struggling African economies and then use that opportunity to infiltrate their system with their own laws and policy, Nigeria get ready you're about to be be drained.
Re: CNN Praises Nigeria As Ngozi Makes Us Proud by Jaftee(m): 8:07am On Mar 23, 2012
strangerf: She is never gonna become president of the world bank. Better an America than some random over-hyped heavily accented Ibo woman.

Over my dead body

boo shit
i pray the midle belt is detach from the north wo (kd) they will put us in trouble.
Re: CNN Praises Nigeria As Ngozi Makes Us Proud by lastpage: 8:10am On Mar 23, 2012
Shame on all of you that has turned this into a "TRIBAL FIST-CUFF"!

Cant y'all discuss anything without injecting "tribal hatred| into it?
It does not mean you cant disagree but dont ever mention her tribe into it, even when you disagree.

If you disagree of her candidacy, SAY SO; dont say because she is Igbo or not, that is inconsequential.

Having said the above, l am shocked at the level of elation over here! Tell me, did we win any jackpot yet?
This woman is a former W.Bank Vice President for gawd's sake! She was nominated by Nigeria's President (as a member country) and seconded by South Africa and everyone is going Nuts? !javascript:void(0);

I see, we are very short or almost bereft of "success stories" in this country that "just a nomination" is making us run-riot!

To be honest and factual with everyone, l wish a Nigerian can be in that Post (Ngozi or any other qualified Nigerian will do) but the unpalatable truth, without sentiments, is that SHE WONT BE THE NEXT WORLD BANK PRESIDENT! (Nothing against her person, just looking at "facts and history)

Why do l say this?
1.) Voting Power is by financial contribution: America contributes the most, has the highest number of votes, followed by Europe!
2.) America will nominate a candidate and would back no other person except that candidate!
3.) You can bet European vote will go to the Americans, as pay-back for their support in installing Christine Lagarde (French-European nominee, winner and IMF Chief).
4.) The vote of America and Europe alone is about half the votes! In pools-betting, they call it "sure-banker"! grin
5.) America has already sounded the "alarm bell" by saying that "they can only continue to fund the organisation if they only, produce the President"! shocked So much for democracy! Now, the implication of that is that Nations that are currently or aiming to benefit from the world bank in the nearest future, are being "subtly" rail-roaded into submission: vote for American candidate only or else.... wink

///contd.....

Lastpage!
Re: CNN Praises Nigeria As Ngozi Makes Us Proud by lastpage: 8:10am On Mar 23, 2012
6.) When "Push-comes-to-Shove", you can expect some of our "American-Aid" loving African nations to do a volte-face and vote for Uncle-Sam's candidate! wink
7.) Who will vote for Ngozi? Nairalanders or Nigerians? I dont think so!
At best, she would get a handful of "sympathy vote"; to tell you the truth, America is just arm-twisting everyone; "United Nations" was "never United nor Equal" for one day!
8.) Look at the "history" of both Bank's President (W.B and IMF), how and why do you think America and Europe ALWAYS have their way? What muscle does Nigeria "have", in international diplomacy, that it can flex? Who can we influence, who ca we arm-twist? What "weapon" (financial, diplomatic, economic or even physical) can we put on the table, as a "bargaining chip"?

You may not like Ngozi, l may like her or vice -versa, (l know a lot of Nigerians who "survived" IBB's "IMF-imposed" Structural Adjustment Program (SAP), only to be confronted with an 'Ngozi-induced' fuel-price hike on New Years day!, are still reeling from the effects and are still poised for their pound of flesh but that is neither here nor there) the important thing is that we have done our best, we can only "NOMINATE HER", and that is where it will end, it is not a reflection of her 'capability or ability', it is simply A REFLECTION OF REALITY

Lesson of the 'situation'
:
We as a country, is well endowed with all the resources we need to be even greater than America but we have allowed corruption, bad leadership, docile follower-ship and selfishness to turn us into something the benefactor did not intend us to be.
If we want to be "great", lets buckle-up and start acting and playing "the part". Yes, Everyone inclusive.

Lastpage!
Re: CNN Praises Nigeria As Ngozi Makes Us Proud by Tos87(m): 8:17am On Mar 23, 2012
strangerf: She is never gonna become president of the world bank. Better an America than some random over-hyped heavily accented ibo.

Over my dead body
i no blem U...no be ur fault,..poeple like u are referred to with the word SADIST..over ur DEADBODY indeed when she becomes it...and i pray she will..CHEAP SADIST!!
Re: CNN Praises Nigeria As Ngozi Makes Us Proud by nijanigga: 8:19am On Mar 23, 2012
Absolute rubbish, America is funding world bank an American will head it,come rain come sunshine.I can bet anytime,anyday. Obama is a smart guy.Watch how he will suprise everybody.
Re: CNN Praises Nigeria As Ngozi Makes Us Proud by PHIPEX(m): 8:20am On Mar 23, 2012
Joe Mosco:
you must be miserably tribalistic to openly display such prejudice.... Mediocres like you require more exposure....... Up Ngozi !!!! jooooooo
. Don't you think you quoted me wrongly?
Re: CNN Praises Nigeria As Ngozi Makes Us Proud by beblessed(f): 8:21am On Mar 23, 2012
@strangerf, u re so full of shit and hate because nobody in ur generations past and future can ever attain 2 her heights! Pls dnt rain on her parade. Am very sure ur mother no go primary sch...mtcheeeeeeew

2 Likes

Re: CNN Praises Nigeria As Ngozi Makes Us Proud by collinsfbi(m): 8:26am On Mar 23, 2012
PHIPEX: Thank God such opportunity will never come your way cos u'll allow economic ignorance, personal bias and pull her down syndrome to ruin a golden opportunity to developing countries the world over. Do you think those that nominated her are ignorant of all she did during the subsidy debate? They probably know she was right even though it was a painful pill for us to swallow.

So, what have you seen thereafter, nothing! Palliative or no palliative, refinery or no refinery, all those things were just political propaganda to seal the mouths of gullible people like you. People like you will never wake rather than continue to swallow your painful pill as you have mentioned.

Gbammm over and out
Re: CNN Praises Nigeria As Ngozi Makes Us Proud by Callotti: 8:29am On Mar 23, 2012
strangerf: ^^^

Looking forward to seeing Obama nominate none the two then.

TBH, Blazay, this is way over your head, confused souls in the Family section are waiting for your thoughtful advice(s). Leave politics for e-intellectuals like me.

When did you last see me in the Romance or Family sections?
Boring stuff.
I don't have domestic issues. . . I have no business in such areas.
Not to worry. I know you do not have women who discuss politics in your village.
They are all dead from either r-ape or severe beatings.
Sorry to disappoint you darling.
Politics thrives in my household.
Not just NL.
You go and join your 'village' goats in the Culture section of NL.
Re: CNN Praises Nigeria As Ngozi Makes Us Proud by Zenakoboko(m): 8:35am On Mar 23, 2012
@ Strangerf,

why not go get a life than stay here and criticize all who should be your role models and people who have achieved what you would not achieve in 10 of this your lifetime put together.

Up Ngozi Okonjo Iweala
Up Nigeria
Up the Developing world

grin grin
Re: CNN Praises Nigeria As Ngozi Makes Us Proud by Okijajuju1(m): 8:35am On Mar 23, 2012
When was the last time any Yoruba (male or Female) made us proud in this country?!
Re: CNN Praises Nigeria As Ngozi Makes Us Proud by musulumi(m): 8:37am On Mar 23, 2012
Does it take eternity to fully understand the contribution and strategic efforts of OKonjo Eweala in he dvelopment and growth of te much. Coveted world bank?. She remains the only powerful personality endorsed by the league of the developed countries. Whether you like it or not, she's there already
Re: CNN Praises Nigeria As Ngozi Makes Us Proud by Lucy001(f): 8:43am On Mar 23, 2012
^^^ She has made us proud!
Re: CNN Praises Nigeria As Ngozi Makes Us Proud by Funkymallam(m): 8:44am On Mar 23, 2012
strangerf: She is never gonna become president of the world bank. Better an America than some random over-hyped heavily accented Ibo woman.

Over my dead body

Just cus she is ibo, u are wishing urself death. Smh

@Topic. When the issue came up in vanguars yesterday and was discussed by nairalanders, most of u accused her of paying vanguard for PR and doubted the possibility of SA supportong her candidacy even without her vieing for it.

I wonder maybe she also paid CNN and Financial Times London for this news. Why cant we appreciate our own?

Aunty Ngozi, wish u all d best.
Re: CNN Praises Nigeria As Ngozi Makes Us Proud by 1dude(m): 8:45am On Mar 23, 2012

Over my dead body
@stranger,am supose 2 ignore u cos u sounded lyk a confused fool,but as a true nigerian i tot i shuld let u know wat u are.
Re: CNN Praises Nigeria As Ngozi Makes Us Proud by kizito96(m): 8:54am On Mar 23, 2012
Good Luck
Re: CNN Praises Nigeria As Ngozi Makes Us Proud by Nobody: 8:54am On Mar 23, 2012
onyewec3:

Please nominate your mum for the job. She's gonna get it

Have you got a mum? Or did your dad conceive you like the guy below:

Re: CNN Praises Nigeria As Ngozi Makes Us Proud by Nobody: 8:57am On Mar 23, 2012
Nigerians are gullible, I tell ya. Why are you all gassed about this? America will NEVER let a next country control their financial weapon. America is World Bank - and World Bank is America. If you believe this FRAUD, you will believe anything. lipsrsealed
Re: CNN Praises Nigeria As Ngozi Makes Us Proud by fm7070: 8:57am On Mar 23, 2012
when people fail to appreciate good people, they will never become better.
whether she becomes the president of the world bank of not, it is a kudos for her that she was nominated. there is nothing more honourable than that.
I wonder why some dry-brained people are opposing her, anyway, your opposition doesn't matter
If she had come from Ghana, you would have seen the level of support should would have.
Why don't we appreciate good things in Nigeria and about Nigeria
Aunty Ngozi,
I personally love you, you're inspiration to me
You will get there! In Jesus name
then, your enemies will go jump into Kanji Dam
Re: CNN Praises Nigeria As Ngozi Makes Us Proud by Funkymallam(m): 9:02am On Mar 23, 2012
shymmex: Nigerians are gullible, I tell ya. Why are you all gassed about this? America will NEVER let a next country control their financial weapon. America is World Bank - and World Bank is America. If you believe this FRAUD, you will believe anything. lipsrsealed

Y does it trouble this much? Yes, Nigerians are gullinle n u r 'smart'. Y not wait until she is refused d post.

Yesterday, it was Ngozi paid vanguard for PR, today its dat Nigerians are gullible.
Give her a break jor
Re: CNN Praises Nigeria As Ngozi Makes Us Proud by onyewec3: 9:02am On Mar 23, 2012
oraclefemi: They will put her there and then use her to exploit Africa's vast resources, they will grant huge loans and aids to struggling African economies and then use that opportunity to infiltrate their system with their own laws and policy, Nigeria get ready you're about to be be drained.

Bring ur fact, clueless snake!
Re: CNN Praises Nigeria As Ngozi Makes Us Proud by scriptwizz: 9:08am On Mar 23, 2012

Over my dead body

It will happen before your very eyes. Olodo.
Re: CNN Praises Nigeria As Ngozi Makes Us Proud by ideylaff: 9:09am On Mar 23, 2012
:oSo she can continue to formulate more policies that keeps Africa in d dark ages and hurts the masses more like her subsidy hulabaloo
Anyway its an Administrative position that runs itself.with a figure head at the top listening to the developed countries dictate to him or her

na evertything we dey celebrate for Nigeria...sha.....
Re: CNN Praises Nigeria As Ngozi Makes Us Proud by Nobody: 9:15am On Mar 23, 2012
Funkymallam:

Y does it trouble this much? Yes, Nigerians are gullinle n u r 'smart'. Y not wait until she is refused d post.

Yesterday, it was Ngozi paid vanguard for PR, today its dat Nigerians are gullible.
Give her a break jor

What the heck are you hallucinating about? And when did I say she paid Vanguard? If your IQ is not below 20 - you would know that America has a SPECIAL INTEREST in World Bank - and it will do anything to protect that interest. World Bank is not UN, nor is it UNESCO. She can keep dreaming from now till eternity, and scream "maternal mortality" till her pig lips bust into flames - she won't smell that position. cool

Susan Rice and Hilary Clinton are definity the front runner - but I don't like those two dykes.
Re: CNN Praises Nigeria As Ngozi Makes Us Proud by Chukseric(m): 9:16am On Mar 23, 2012
Is high time we put bhind us al ds tribal sentiment n myopic analysis of fellows who has at one time or d oda impactd +vely 2 ds nation.i'm nt disputin d fact dt ha stake on d fuel subsidy afectd d nation bt i stil hold ha at high esteem.i wish ha d best on ha quest 4 d world bank pres.cos it gat 2b a plus 2 africa
Re: CNN Praises Nigeria As Ngozi Makes Us Proud by oknee: 9:18am On Mar 23, 2012
wesley80:

I dont wish u dead but just in case u decide to do humanity the favour, I hope u writhe, twist and roast like a heavily salted earthworm while u're at it.
SUPPORTED. Really a fool.
Re: CNN Praises Nigeria As Ngozi Makes Us Proud by antartica(m): 9:23am On Mar 23, 2012
What is there to be proud of about world bank by 3worldleans? Like the UN,the empire builders always make sure they impose 3worldleans on the high seats,using them to carry out their manipulative agendas to keep the third world third world so that there will always be first world- empire builders. Left to me ngozi is just another abiola-ITT ILLUSION,a sell out in the making. I may be wrong but to eat with the devil,long spoon is highly required.
Re: CNN Praises Nigeria As Ngozi Makes Us Proud by tonjoan: 9:28am On Mar 23, 2012

Over my dead body[i][/i]

Becareful what you ask for. That was way too senseless. for a woman who rose to become the MD of the World Bank?
Re: CNN Praises Nigeria As Ngozi Makes Us Proud by Onasa22: 9:28am On Mar 23, 2012
Nobody can stop her from being the World Bank President, for whosoever God has blessed no man can curse!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Omojuwa's Tweets On The Reinstatement And Sack Of Maina / State, Community Police: Senate To Amend Constitution To Allow Its Creation / PDP Leaders Begin Search For Secondus’ Successor

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.