Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,941 members, 7,817,761 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:49 PM

Is There Really Love Without Money - Romance (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Is There Really Love Without Money (11457 Views)

5 Ways To Make Love (without Having Sex) / Can There Be Love Without Money? / Do Women Really Love Tall Guys? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is There Really Love Without Money by tunapawizzy: 3:55pm On Mar 27, 2012
When they say ladies love hardworking men, what they mean is ladies love men that av prospect of making ‎​$$. However Its possible 4 love 2 exist without money..just that its not possible to sustain the love without ‎​money. Without money its only a matter of time b4 u become disgusting/not caring in her sight
Re: Is There Really Love Without Money by djeezy(m): 4:56pm On Mar 27, 2012
dapo338: Everyday, Love is been discussed or said one way or the other, A lot of opinions are shared. Some says Love is blind while some will never agree. "Is there really love without money" what do u think?
I'm stating categorically and unambiguosly that a woman who marries/date a broke man will have sorry days and good nights. Love without finance can't pass the test of time.
Re: Is There Really Love Without Money by Nobody: 5:21pm On Mar 27, 2012
There is love without money in every part of the world except Nigeria, Love equals raw cash
Re: Is There Really Love Without Money by Exponental(m): 5:30pm On Mar 27, 2012
Yes........ My relationship is an example. She hardly bothers me on monetary issues.
Re: Is There Really Love Without Money by ikmuan(m): 5:57pm On Mar 27, 2012
No money no love, speakn frm xperience.
Re: Is There Really Love Without Money by omodada1: 6:23pm On Mar 27, 2012
Better ask is der hope witout life? Lov witout money is frustration, simple
Re: Is There Really Love Without Money by tdbanks: 7:26pm On Mar 27, 2012
@Killz: you're just confused. You shouldn't be talking when it comes to matters of love. You're not clear on this subject period.
Re: Is There Really Love Without Money by andyanders: 7:46pm On Mar 27, 2012
There is love, but love cannot be sustained without money. No right thinking human being can have intimacy unless your mind and soul is sustained with money. If you have bills to pay and you don't have money,will one be thinking of love? Noway. When one develops stress as a result of lack of money,will that person be thinking of love? If yes, then the person must be mentally sick.

Money is not Love likewise love is not money but must be cemented with money. No love is blind. You can only talk of secondary school love and after that, you face reality. Which love can stay without money? Only the ones that sends one to grave. Where a woman will say, I will die because of you. That one is love that send the person to grave. True love expired in the 60s. This generation do not experience love any longer. Only photocopy love. Love has expired. We only manage love these days.
Re: Is There Really Love Without Money by Dipwater(m): 9:46pm On Mar 27, 2012
@mrbrown jay wow and wow. Uve just wowed me with the way u handled the topic and I think our clowdy definition of luv has to do with the way we were raised in naija. It does nt affect luv alone ,generally evrithng in naija is money money money nobody is saying money is not important ,but it shuldnt be a foundation for evrithng dat is why there is so much crime in naija evribody wants to be super rich.yes ! Money is important in a relationship or marriage but it shuldnt make the wife runaway 4rm her husbands haus. Ladies if u are attracted cuz of his cash. Wat if he becomes broke few months or years into marriage wat are u gonna do. Nobody is saying dat girls shuld luk 4 the next available broke guys around and get married to dem but luv shuld be build on things dat wuld nt fade so easily
Re: Is There Really Love Without Money by Nobody: 11:41pm On Mar 27, 2012
@Andyanders, you seem to have got your tail up in a twist. ''Love cannot exist without money but true love can exist without money?''smh. Try not to confuse yourself in future.
Re: Is There Really Love Without Money by Nobody: 2:05am On Mar 28, 2012
some people are clearly missing the point, so let me educate some of y'all:

- most of you dont know what love is, you are taking cue from your parents (or what you see around you everyday in 9ja) but they ALSO dont know what love is. with the rate of cheating men in Nigerian marriages, we can CLEARLY confirm that most of Nigerian men dont love their spouse (or have no idea what the word means). so you have to get at the root of the problem to understand.

- the root of this issue about MONEY for LOVE starts with our ancestors, and the silly issue of bride price etc. a man could only come and ask for a gal's hand if he had wealth of some kind. so mothers taught their daughters that a man NEEDS to pay in order to marry them. these women started to believe that LOVE was secondary to WEALTH and that without money there could be no love. even today, some parents STILL think like that!!! many women got "sold off" like that and NEVER experienced LOVE, or have no idea what the word means.

- so now this nonsense of bride price went to these young babes head and they all believe that a man needs to pay to be with them. in the same sentence, this is the reason why everyone today wants to get married. since it takes money to get a gal to marry you, therefore marriage is synonymous with wealth/happiness. so now everybody is focusing on the ACT of marriage rather that its content......notice how LOVE is nowhere to be seen.

- so eventually, most men grow up with the mindset that :"if you make money (or hammer), you will find a partner and get married"........ these guys existence revolves around making money, and the day they save a little, they start flashing their little cash (pretending to be the Dangotes etc) to attract women. so now, this act will not focus on ONE particular group of women, it would attract ALL women, both the good, the bad and the NASTY!!!

- the ashis/golddiggas/broke asss hungry beggars out there see themselves just as equal as the classy/educated/responsible/hardworking babes. ......and since most men have difficulties to make the difference between these ladies, they start to treat all women alike.

- so now we have a pattern that is emerging......men believing that money=love, and women demanding that a man interested in them spends his money to show he is serious about her......buying a gift to a girl is no more something to do because she DESERVES it, but it is a REQUIREMENT. these women do not see men as a loving mate any longer but more as a benefactor, which actually means that they dont care any longer who men are as individual. sad isnt it?

- so now, due to the state of poverty in 9ja, most women are only attracted to the strongest (financially) out there, the ones who can get them out of their miserable lives and "care for their upkeep"...... NOT the men they truly fancy. the whole "love" experience becomes a financial transaction, you give me money (or care for my financial needs), i give you love/coochie......and thats when this vicious circle emerges, and LOVE simply disappears from the radar.

- the reality of it all is that, although in today's world everyone needs money to survive, LOVE IS FREE!
the love you have for your parents NEVER cost a thing, the love you have for your bros/sis is free, the love you have for your best mates dont cost a dime........so why suddenly would anyone believe that love for a gal should cost money? what makes THAT love different than the love for all these others? LOVE is LOVE, how can anyone put a price in $$ on it?!

can you imagine saying to your parents:"since you are broke, i dont love you any longer", it would make NO DAMN SENSE, right? yet thats the kind of nonsense most of you are willing to accept from a woman, and "believe" that this is LOVE, bwaaaaah, talk about being confused!

- another factor for such lowering of your selves is the fact that many are desperate to marry, and therefore will settle with anyone, just to pretend to everyone that A) they got money like that B) to start a family C) pretend to the whole world that they are "happy", lol. but since there is no love in that union, that man starts to cheat on his wife almost immediately......and guess what? when their kids see all this cheating/lack of respect while growing up, they mistakingly believe that THIS LOVE!!!

USE YOUR BRAIN, PEOPLE!

2 Likes

Re: Is There Really Love Without Money by Nobody: 5:20am On Mar 28, 2012
LeoMax: There is love without money in every part of the world except Nigeria, Love equals raw cash
Exactly
Re: Is There Really Love Without Money by blackboi(m): 6:08am On Mar 28, 2012
~Killz~:

So he had no job and got married? Wickedness!

i'll call it a weakness on ur part to describe such move as wickedness. real love don't ask for 'money'
Re: Is There Really Love Without Money by emsquare(m): 6:29am On Mar 28, 2012
190: OP

In i want to ask you a question

In which country?

cos if you are talking about NIGERIA!!!

hmm .. I comment my reserve!

I nor talk oooooo angry angry

LOL!
Re: Is There Really Love Without Money by ogzille(m): 6:51am On Mar 28, 2012
ayodele123: My opinion:
For a woman,love and money are intertwined and are the same.
For a man, love and sex are interwoven and are the same.
If you are asking if there is love without money,is it not the same as asking a man if there is a marriage without sex?
If we expect a woman to love without money in the equation,ask a man if he can scale through a marriage without sex in the equation and without looking elsewhere?

Very poor thinking! so the wife is 'helping' the husband by sleeping with him!!!

Why are we arguing self!!!! angry angry angry
Re: Is There Really Love Without Money by Killz3(m): 6:56am On Mar 28, 2012
blackboi:

i'll call it a weakness on ur part to describe such move as wickedness. real love don't ask for 'money'
Yeah. . . In Real love, all they eat is sand, they don't need money. grin

I don't need money to fall in love with you, nor to make you happy. Those are natural emotions. But money plays a vital role in a relationship. . .

NOTHING has disproved that yet. Majority of rappers making noise on this thread, after she falls for you, what next? You take her under the bridge cos that's proof of real love? Smh!
Re: Is There Really Love Without Money by ogzille(m): 6:57am On Mar 28, 2012
I think there is a fundamental problem in this topic!!!

WHAT IS LOVE

Love means different things to different folks, some are not really sure what it means and some are not sure if it exists.

A lot of people with different definitions; So what is essential for Mr A's 'Love' may not be essential for Mr B's 'Love' (NB: Love is in quotes)
Re: Is There Really Love Without Money by blackboi(m): 7:54am On Mar 28, 2012
~Killz~:

I don't need money to fall in love with you, nor to make you happy. Those are natural emotions. But money plays a vital role in a relationship. . .

NOTHING has disproved that yet. Majority of rappers making noise on this thread, after she falls for you, what next? You take her under the bridge cos that's proof of real love? Smh!
off-side (flag is up)
stick 2 d topic.
Re: Is There Really Love Without Money by Killz3(m): 8:18am On Mar 28, 2012
blackboi:
off-side (flag is up)
stick 2 d topic.
What is the topic? If you do not understand what i'm on about, it doesn't hurt to read.
LMAO @ Off side.
You say real love don't ask for money, i say in real love, you provide money cos you care. . . Don't twist yourself!
Re: Is There Really Love Without Money by Nobody: 8:21am On Mar 28, 2012
~Killz~:

Nigga shut up already, you're just arguing for argument's sake. If your comments on this topic really, truly make sense to you well...
Re: Is There Really Love Without Money by Nobody: 8:26am On Mar 28, 2012
blackboi:
off-side (flag is up)
stick 2 d topic.
Mahn you go fear off-on-a-tangent arguments na. The society does play a vital role in one's philosophy of life.
Re: Is There Really Love Without Money by Killz3(m): 8:35am On Mar 28, 2012
fresh_dude: Nigga shut up already, you're just arguing for argument's sake. If your comments on this topic really, truly make sense to you well...
Permit me to ignore you again. . . I don't have your time. cheesy You are yet to make any sane contribution, and you are spewing trash! Kudos & cheers. . . Later Nigga!
Re: Is There Really Love Without Money by Killz3(m): 8:41am On Mar 28, 2012
Topic: Again there exists Love without money. But to cement the love, you must spend. Damn. Phone calls cost money! grin
Re: Is There Really Love Without Money by JennyAgun(f): 12:44pm On Mar 28, 2012
Guys please do not limit your references to Rich guys and poor gals relationship. These days the table have turned, it is now rich gals with poor guys professing love.
You know a guy will treat a lady very well if she has enough money and connections that they can use. Then when they (the guys) get some sense of comfort and links, you see if they were really in luv with this particular lady.
Re: Is There Really Love Without Money by blackboi(m): 2:10pm On Mar 28, 2012
~Killz~:

What is the topic? If you do not understand what i'm on about, it doesn't hurt to read.
LMAO @ Off side.
You say real love don't ask for money, i say in real love, you provide money cos you care. . . Don't twist yourself!
well, it doesn't hurt if u'll quit blind argument as well. MrbrownJay has spoken (flag-up) cheesy
Re: Is There Really Love Without Money by Chinatownm(m): 3:40pm On Mar 28, 2012
There is Love without money. Money sustains that love. Crave for the right attitude towards money. Love for her will make you realize that you need money for her upkeep. If you do not take care of her, who will? To take care of her, you need money. She loves you none the less, but then hunger can also kill her. . . Therefore, while Love can exist without money, money still has a vital role to play.

Well said brodaly
Re: Is There Really Love Without Money by Ehijess(f): 6:57am On Oct 12, 2012
Money doesnt mean million but how can a relationship survive witout money?that is impossible. Wat will they eat,wear? Wat if d baby comes? Wat of d hospital bills? School fees? House rent? A relationship definately need money to survive. Quote me anywhere
Re: Is There Really Love Without Money by Nobody: 8:57am On Oct 12, 2012
MRbrownJAY:

as much as money can help love "feel" better, it has absolutely NO WEIGHT on the issue. if it does then surely this CANNOT be love.

what about:" her love for you will have her sort out her own upkeep to help your r/ship"? lol! whoever told you that a man should take care of a gal's upkeep is clearly missing the point. Love has absolutely nothing to do with what you can do for her BUT all to do with what you both can do for each other. the minute her life/upkeep is more important than yours then it is no more LOVE, but simple foolishness.

- her self.
- her parents.
- whoever took care of these issues before you met her, duh!

NO, you dont! you only need care and affection. but you're right about ONE THING: to take care of a broke ass golddigger, you need money, yes!

so in a way what you are saying is that a man in love should provide for his partners meals and upkeep? may i ask: since love is 50/50, does SHE also provide for the same thing? or are all gals broke ass begging women in your part of town?
nothing can kill faster than loving someone who doesnt really care about you, or only care about what she can GET from you.

money has absolutely NO ROLE to play in love. here is what you should have understood by now:
- if you love someone and you are not "well off financially", you simply have to share YOUR own meal with her, to show her that you love her (not provide her with her own).
- if you rock a Nokia 5110 and she demands for a BB, simply tell her that she can use your own phone whenever she desires (instead of thinking you need to buy her one)
- if she cant pay her school fees then help her find a job and take care of this issue (instead of paying for it, while not solving the problem at hand).

again, love is about caring, NOT providing a easy way out of poverty for goldigging broke asss babes
I love you so much!
Re: Is There Really Love Without Money by Nobody: 9:01am On Oct 12, 2012
~Killz~:

My reply wasn't based on goldigging broke arse babes, but rather, on a wife. I strongly believe in spending on the woman i'm married to and not just a girlfriend. . . Most of your points were off! You may want to reply based on "she" being a wife! Then we can talk at length.
I had a thread not too far back where i aired my views about Love Money and Relationships! Your reply was totally out of my context, as i would never encourage spending on "just" a girl!
Even my wife must contribute at home.
Re: Is There Really Love Without Money by ilorioluwaseun: 8:08pm On Oct 12, 2012
love without money is impossible..galz can b sometimes funnny
Re: Is There Really Love Without Money by Cholls(m): 10:33pm On Apr 09, 2022
My brother yes but hard to find

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Tag A Romancelander And Buy A Gift For Him/her This Festive Season / Wife Exposes Chat Of Her Husband And Pastors Wife, Cries Out For Help (photos) / **Dreads are Sexy (pics)**

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.