Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,792 members, 7,810,061 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 07:46 PM

Why Do Nigerians Think Ghanaians Hate Them?? - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Do Nigerians Think Ghanaians Hate Them?? (18165 Views)

That Moment When Ghanaians Are Wishing Buhari Was Their President / Ghanaians Comments On Buhari Planned Visit To Their Country. / GEJ - Nigerians Think I Am Slow Because I Avoid Taking Hasty Decisions (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Do Nigerians Think Ghanaians Hate Them?? by ninekfive: 4:19pm On Mar 27, 2012
All you guys causing are illiterates and ignorant , I've lived in Ghana for the past 10 years since after I finished my University. Trust me its more comfortable and accommodating than the naija you take pride of that's what make u ignorant and illiterates in the sense that you forget the white man gave us borders and names like Nigeria and Gold cost we are practically the same people and share same cultures. Nobody hates anybody they are only displaying ignorance. Even hausa, igbo and yoruba as tribes still share the same ignorance from the illiterates once. NiraLandes stop disgracing yourself with ignorance we should be learning good things about each other that's what a smart person will do.
Re: Why Do Nigerians Think Ghanaians Hate Them?? by Mavor: 4:24pm On Mar 27, 2012
PLEASEEEEEEEEEE!!!! Can anyone suck my balls??!!! PLEASEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!
Re: Why Do Nigerians Think Ghanaians Hate Them?? by Nonybb: 4:28pm On Mar 27, 2012
Logic Mind: see how low nigeria has fallen
see as my people dey fall for ground for this ghana man whose papa was probably deported from lagos in the 70s with that big "ghana must go" bag.
all of a sudden they want to act "civilised", like trader wey see oyibo.

ghboy we don't care what you think. Infact as bob marley would say, "go to hell if what you're thinking isn't right".
Hate will never leave us alone.
Join us at your own peril.
LMAO
Re: Why Do Nigerians Think Ghanaians Hate Them?? by Nonybb: 4:32pm On Mar 27, 2012
afrodiva: Ghost boy welcome to nl.I personally don't hate Ghana. I have lord of Ghanaians as friends and watch lots of Ghanaian movies. Honestly most of the so called hatred for Naija is what I've read not experienced.I've never been to Ghana though.but the trick to getting on with my Naija peeps is 10 eyes for an
eye naijas only understand brute force.welcome akwaba.
shut it! Who have seen ghanaian movie in nigeria. Wait. do they even hv musicians?
Re: Why Do Nigerians Think Ghanaians Hate Them?? by zmoni: 4:55pm On Mar 27, 2012
Nigerian don't even like themselves, why should we worried about Ghana peeps issue.

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Nigerians Think Ghanaians Hate Them?? by Nobody: 5:01pm On Mar 27, 2012
Ghanians don't exactly hate Nigerians. They simply have a healthy, deep-seated FEAR of us. FEAR. We don't kill snakes because we 'hate' them but because relating with them could be fatal.

From the little I know about them, Ghanians are peaceful, loving and unassuming people. On the other hand, it is only a foolish person that does not develop defenses against people who suppossedly can cold-bloddedly swindle you of your hard end possessions and disappear in a hearbeat.

Thousands of fellow Nigerians have a successfully forged a monumental reputation for infamy.

I don't quite blame them. I also have a most healthy fear of my compatriots dude!

1 Like

Re: Why Do Nigerians Think Ghanaians Hate Them?? by Nobody: 5:19pm On Mar 27, 2012
Nigeria = 170 million
Ghana = 25 million

The Gab is wide and is getting wider. Nigerians, Ghanians are your little brothers and you need to care for them even if they insult you. Nigeria is light years ahead of Ghana in terms of human capital development.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Nigerians Think Ghanaians Hate Them?? by mekaboy(m): 5:21pm On Mar 27, 2012
NIGERIA AND GHANA ISSUE AGAIN, UNA NO DEY TIRE ?
Re: Why Do Nigerians Think Ghanaians Hate Them?? by Umunede(m): 5:23pm On Mar 27, 2012
I am a Nigerian living and working in Ghana. It is an established fact dat some Ghananians hate Nigerians. They call us 'Anago'. One of dem recently released a song against Naija. Do u know d title 'TANK GOD I AM NOT A NIGERIAN'. Come and see in d song. No lite, robbery, 419, corruption. A Ghanaian wil tell u dat Nigeria is most corrupt country in d world. De dont trust us at all. To most of dem, almost all naija are 419. O boy, b4, i get house, i hear am. U can live among dem but just no dat de dont trust u. D believe u can rob dem

1 Like

Re: Why Do Nigerians Think Ghanaians Hate Them?? by udochika(m): 5:41pm On Mar 27, 2012
I use to think nigerians hate ghana, not untill sa 2010 wc. In my area no body suported super eagle but all went for ghana. The exit of ghana in 2010 wc pain 9jas pass ghana. But with what i'v heard 4rm friends that have been 2 ghana, all i will say is ghana HATE 9ja pass satan.
Re: Why Do Nigerians Think Ghanaians Hate Them?? by Nobody: 5:42pm On Mar 27, 2012
OP
You are funny!

Nobody hates anybody since this is just a forum that almost has nothing to do with government or private relationship between the 2 countries.

People who hate others do not sit on the internet to discuss it and have fun, they carry out threats and xenophobic attacks like south africa did.

What you see here is only a product of ill-expressed RIVALRY.

Now you cant deny the rivalry between Nigeria and Ghana can you? Are you a football fan?
Have you noted the kind of comments even Ghanains make about nigerians on your own forums as well? How they mock nigeria? You cant ever take that away can you?

Its all mere rivalry based arguments. Its normal and its everywhere. You would think Argentina and Brazil are at war by merely viewing the kind of comments these make on their forums.

So forget all you see on the internet. You can have a million nigerian rivals and foes online but the moment you step country its all different and every. You meet a new and different people.
Re: Why Do Nigerians Think Ghanaians Hate Them?? by Dipwater(m): 5:59pm On Mar 27, 2012
Trully ghanians wuld rather live with the devil than live with naijirians
@ghboy. Tellur cuntry pips to change cuz we luv u guy soooo much 4 real dawg
Re: Why Do Nigerians Think Ghanaians Hate Them?? by mikeapollo: 6:19pm On Mar 27, 2012
ninekfive: All you guys causing are illiterates and ignorant , I've lived in Ghana for the past 10 years since after I finished my University. Trust me its more comfortable and accommodating than the naija you take pride of that's what make u ignorant and illiterates in the sense that you forget the white man gave us borders and names like Nigeria and Gold cost we are practically the same people and share same cultures. Nobody hates anybody they are only displaying ignorance. Even hausa, igbo and yoruba as tribes still share the same ignorance from the illiterates once. NiraLandes stop disgracing yourself with ignorance we should be learning good things about each other that's what a smart person will do.

Thanks and God bless you my brother. The way some people talk is a disgrace. Peopl should find out before they talk. Most people that say Ghanaians hate Nigerians have not even stepped on Ghanaian soil before in their life. They just used the internet-based rivalry and teasers to make jaundiced conclusion.

Any law abiding Nigerian that has lived in Ghana for a considerable lenght of time will certainly confirm that Ghanaians dont have any particular hatred/dislike for Nigerians, except for some horrible things that some Nigerians have done in their country. We should be wary of that. I dont want to go into history....but some Nigerians have been getting involved in some shaddy deals in Ghana which is what is causing their suspiscion.
Do you know that Arthur Nzeribe duped some of their former leaders in the late 60s and it was a national news all over Ghana? That is the kind of thing that causes this feelings. Apart from that, they are very accomodating and hospitable.
Re: Why Do Nigerians Think Ghanaians Hate Them?? by Fhemmmy: 6:30pm On Mar 27, 2012
mikeapollo:

Thanks and God bless you my brother. The way some people talk is a disgrace. Peopl should find out before they talk. Most people that say Ghanaians hate Nigerians have not even stepped on Ghanaian soil before in their life. They just used the internet-based rivalry and teasers to make jaundiced conclusion.

That one is serious oh
Re: Why Do Nigerians Think Ghanaians Hate Them?? by jspac(m): 7:10pm On Mar 27, 2012
Nawa o no Igbo vs yoruba today sad
Re: Why Do Nigerians Think Ghanaians Hate Them?? by onyengbu: 7:28pm On Mar 27, 2012
js_pac: Nawa o no Igbo vs yoruba today sad
Exactly why NL is becoming more and more boring these days grin grin grin
Re: Why Do Nigerians Think Ghanaians Hate Them?? by babeface3: 7:34pm On Mar 27, 2012
The earlier Africa unites the better for them. The day a professor here in UN Campus in Italy criticised Kofi Annan over the food scandal was the day I realised the spirit of oneness in Africans; almost all the African students especially those from the western region showed great resentment over the comments. Lets not lie to ourselves, the spirit is there but we would not put it in action.
Re: Why Do Nigerians Think Ghanaians Hate Them?? by wiseman2011(m): 8:36pm On Mar 27, 2012
whatever u think na u sabi o
Re: Why Do Nigerians Think Ghanaians Hate Them?? by Bishop(m): 9:17pm On Mar 27, 2012
@ghboy,Some years back i witnessed an argument between a Ghanaian yellow Bus driver at Obalende in Nigeria with his fellow Nigerian driver...I wont bother you with the issue of their argument but the Ghanian's remark put a smile on my face....

Nigerian Man :you this yeye Ghana man you think you can come here and start making Noise

Ghana Man:you think you too can come and intimidate me in Africa..i am an African man......

Anyway the last remark ended the story and i walked away with a smile on my phase

(words where spoken in Pidgin English, interpretation done by me)

That statement gave hope that we are Africans anywhere we are and should not be intimidated by our host.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Nigerians Think Ghanaians Hate Them?? by tpia5: 9:59pm On Mar 27, 2012
ghana HATE 9ja pass satan.

true that.
Re: Why Do Nigerians Think Ghanaians Hate Them?? by Yemzieb: 10:35pm On Mar 27, 2012
Hey Ghboy, accept it and live your life, thats what i do, Ghanaians hate on us on Ghanaweb etc we dont care. Ghanaians hate on other Ghanaians same thing with Nigerians, i work with quite a few ghanaians and i look at them like village boys because they hate like that. i do respect some Ghanaians but not the ones i work with, dont sweat just chill and do your thing. Peace.Yemzieb
Re: Why Do Nigerians Think Ghanaians Hate Them?? by jspac(m): 10:52pm On Mar 27, 2012
onye_ngbu*:

Exactly why NL is becoming more and more boring these days grin grin grin
nawa for this your username onye ngbu grin
Re: Why Do Nigerians Think Ghanaians Hate Them?? by coogar: 12:10am On Mar 28, 2012
ghboy: i am Ghanaian and visit NL just to know what's happening in Nigeria because i believe news here is faster and credible. one thing i've observed is the stick Ghana gets on here and majority of people claiming Ghana is jealous, has an inferiority complex, a "lil" bro to Naija etc. Ghanaians like myself has absolutely no problem with Nigerians. i have Nigerian friends all over, i have Nigerian gadget dealers here in Accra at Tip Toe Lane where most of the electronic shops are owned by Nigerians. they live happily here and will testify Ghanainas are fun loving and hospital. Ghana is country thats striving hard to develop. Ghanaians support and embrace that drive and support whoever is in charge of running the country. Hating or being jealous of Nigeria brings nothing to us. claiming Lagos has a better ecomony than Ghana changes nothing. true or not, Ghana is still doing what it can to make it. hate or dislike works in both ways. there are Ghanaians that naturally hate Nigerians but im very sure there are Nigerians that generally hate Ghanaians. i'm sure most of those who pass such comments and remarks haven't been to Ghana and rely on hear say and false news. Ghana has nothing against Nigeria. we'll choose Nigeria first to any other African country. i have more Naija music on my phone than Ghanaian music. even songs i dont understand. i watched Big Brother Africa once in a while and can bet you i voted Karen and Vina than our own Confidence. please lets end this unwanted rivalry. both our countries are going through hard times. supporting the leaders rather than petty beef is what's needed.

ghanaian males hate nigerian men - it's not even funny.
i wouldn't have been irked if this hatred is mostly from the ones in ghana with little or no exposure to civilization.
to my amazement, the ones abroad are even worse. heard it through the grapevine that the hatred emanated from the fact
that their women prefer nigerian men. how's that the fault of the nigerian males that they are africa's most desired?

1 Like

Re: Why Do Nigerians Think Ghanaians Hate Them?? by styles2009: 1:37am On Mar 28, 2012
Guy, hate it or love it am a Nigerian and i love those Ghana kitten grin , so i dont hate them,instead i share the brotherly love,everytime i meet a Ghanaian sista.

Nigerians,wherever you may go, keep shinning and if you meet a Girl from Ghana like i do, please eat that kitten up like i do and dont forget to drill the well from the back,their azz is just like Kiliman...jaroo

Ghanalove anytime tongue

1 Like

Re: Why Do Nigerians Think Ghanaians Hate Them?? by laykhorn(m): 7:48am On Mar 28, 2012
c.fours:
most nigerians don't think that.
where do you get your idea from?

besides, nobody cares that you are a ghanaian on a nigerian page. there are quite a few non-nigerians here. African americans, oyinbos, liberians, gambians ghanaians etc. Welcome to NL!!
a lot o' people care if you don't bruh! Nd besides, da shouldn't be a problem cos atleast that stupidity of being human happens in all endeavours...
@GHBOY,you're always welcomed
Re: Why Do Nigerians Think Ghanaians Hate Them?? by soma042(m): 8:36am On Mar 28, 2012
nairaland is definately not a place to be. it change ur way of thinking, it currupt ur ideology.
i personally experienced this my self.
Re: Why Do Nigerians Think Ghanaians Hate Them?? by Nayah(f): 8:44am On Mar 28, 2012
soma042: nairaland is definately not a place to be. it change ur way of thinking, it currupt ur ideology.
i personally experienced this my self.
Don't know if this is not a correct place to be but yes some threads are scaring
Re: Why Do Nigerians Think Ghanaians Hate Them?? by zhirinmai(m): 11:23am On Mar 28, 2012
Come off it people. Where in the world are Nigerians not Hated/abhorred for fear of some our ignoble attitudes. However, on the part of the ghanaians, their loathe for Nigerians I have seen overtime stems from jealousy and rivalry. But aside that, I'd say they are a group of nice fellas.
Re: Why Do Nigerians Think Ghanaians Hate Them?? by Sike(m): 11:24am On Mar 28, 2012
Na today
Re: Why Do Nigerians Think Ghanaians Hate Them?? by 360command: 11:30am On Mar 28, 2012
I do not think there is an hatred between the Nigerians to that of the Ghanians. From what i have experienced living and studying in Ghana has made me understand the Ghanians and how they reason towards us. It is glaring, the truth would never hide. You can see a level of hatred the Ghanians have for the Nigerians but there are things to which they would always respect us for which is for the fact that we are hardworking,smart,biz progress,never can be cheated in anyway,above all we are fast. With all this attribute i made mention about to the Nigerians, why hate when you can be friends and see what benefit you can get been with the Nigerians. We engage in other other negative things here in Ghana which brings about the hatred(I understand), we still play a major role in their economy and that is why they refer to us as OUR NIGERIAN BROTHERS.

Been in Ghana can be hard to get a place to rent. You might see a landlord and they would tell him O YE NIGERIAN(pardon my spelling)it means- He is a Nigerian , to the Landlord , he is like DABI DABI DABI (NO NO NO). His expression to the way he says NO NO NO tells you this guy HATE NIGERIANS badly.In this life, we have the good,bad and ugly.

I would also want to respect Ghana for one thing, they have been able to use their small resources to impact on every sector of the economy .From electricity,water, education,roads, street light. They have done well and i applaud them for it.

Like my Ivorian friend would say GHANA IS PARADISE FOR THE NIGERIANS COMING IN.
Re: Why Do Nigerians Think Ghanaians Hate Them?? by Callotti: 11:33am On Mar 28, 2012
Nigeria is light years ahead of Ghana in terms of human capital development

Kweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeekeh!
There is no worse deceit than self-deceit!
Mu he he he he he he
Even animal development index. . . Nigeria cannot fit to win Ghana lai lai!
Even the animals in Ghana are more developed than the 'humans' in Nigeria!
Gba be!
Re: Why Do Nigerians Think Ghanaians Hate Them?? by mikeapollo: 1:37pm On Mar 28, 2012
A Nigerian govt official (I think Minister or Governor) made a comment recently in repsonse to comparism being made by Nigerian journalist about the state of public infrastructure between Nigeria and Ghana.

He said the volume of tap water that the whole of Ghana consumes is not enough to flush the toilets in peoples' homes in Lagos.! Can you imagine this kind of gutter language from a suppossed govt official in a 150million population!
The statement nearly caused a row between the 2 nations but Senator Obanikoro, Nigeria's High Commissioner to Ghana did a good job to resolve the issue.

It is attitudes and some lousy tendencies like this that made Ghanaians to be very wary of Nigerians!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

PDP Hails INEC Over Elections Postponement, Urges Supporters To Remain Calm / Godwin Obaseki's Gift To Paul Arkwright, British High Commissioner In Edo / Amaechi Reacts To Blackmail Reports - Vanguard

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.