Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,488 members, 7,819,772 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 10:55 PM

South East Nigeria Needs Three International Airports - Politics (14) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / South East Nigeria Needs Three International Airports (32606 Views)

PDP Only Needs Three Senators To Produce Senate President - Yerima / Senators On Tour Of Federal Roads In South-East Nigeria (Photos) / Nigeria Needs President Buhari As Minister Of Defence, Not Petroleum (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: South East Nigeria Needs Three International Airports by ektbear: 10:16pm On Apr 02, 2012
Onlytruth:

My friend drop this idiocy.
If you and abagworo want to peddle lies, open a thread. Stop polluting this thread with irrelevant information.

Who the fvck are you to tell me what to do? Mind your damn business. I can discuss whatever the hell I like in this thread.
Re: South East Nigeria Needs Three International Airports by aljharem(m): 10:17pm On Apr 02, 2012
Onlytruth:

The only relevant point in your post are the bolded words.
What is good for Lagos is good for Onitsha. Shikena
Modern transportation system would only be possible if we have INTERNATIONAL interaction that can bring in the needed expertise and investments to make it happen.
Those infrastructure can only come to support existing businesses! Nobody builds world class roads for traders in shops; but they would build it for an Apple Computer, Dell, Samsung, Sony, Hewlett Parkard, factory etc; or an African Disney land, or a world class hospital or University, or even an international trade fair complex.
These are big job and skills guzzlers, and would employ our graduates.
Stop trying to keep us down. It won't work! cool

Keep you down ?? far from it, by all mean If the east want to do it, they can but I am also looking for the most viable plan if their is one at all.

Lagos is building another airport because of the negligent the FG has done on MMIA.

Also if you are very observant, the lagos international airport are used by people are far off as Kwara and co

but at the end of the day, it's your choice
Re: South East Nigeria Needs Three International Airports by Onlytruth(m): 10:19pm On Apr 02, 2012
ekt_bear:

Who the fvck are you to tell me what to do? Mind your damn business. I can discuss whatever the hell I like in this thread.

My friend leave this thread. I won't curse you out today because the spirit of God is in me today.
Just leave. Don't push your luck further. wink cool
Re: South East Nigeria Needs Three International Airports by aljharem(m): 10:20pm On Apr 02, 2012
Onlytruth:

My friend leave this thread. I won't curse you out today because the spirit of God is in me today.
Just leave. Don't push your luck further. wink cool

LOL
Re: South East Nigeria Needs Three International Airports by ektbear: 10:21pm On Apr 02, 2012
Heh.

Push my luck indeed.

Whether the spirit of God is in you or the spirit of the devil is not my concern.

Mind your business, stay in your damn lane.
Re: South East Nigeria Needs Three International Airports by Onlytruth(m): 10:23pm On Apr 02, 2012
alj harem:

Keep you down ?? far from it, by all mean If the east want to do it, they can but I am also looking for the most viable plan if their is one at all.

Lagos is building another airport because of the negligent the FG has done on MMIA.

Also if you are very observant, the lagos international airport are used by people are far off as Kwara and co

but at the end of the day, it's your choice

@First bolded: Yes, that is why I don't want the federal government to fund ours either. We should find the funds ourselves. The FG only needs to designate them. We will do the rest! cool

@Second bolded: An international airport at Onitsha will even impact as far as Abakaliki and Makurdi. Yes that far! cool
One at Enugu also would do the job better for those parts though. cool
Re: South East Nigeria Needs Three International Airports by Onlytruth(m): 10:25pm On Apr 02, 2012
alj harem:

LOL

I'm very serious about it, If he insists, I would invite the demon to face the demon in him.
So, for now, I would ignore him.
Jealousy is really a dangerous thing for the soul.
It must REALLY suck to be from Ekiti state.
Re: South East Nigeria Needs Three International Airports by Abagworo(m): 10:25pm On Apr 02, 2012
ekt_bear: Hell.

Wouldn't you all know yourselves when these Igbos travel back to Nigeria to find wives, for the holidays, etc?

Granted, not all of this purported 4 million are likely to have kept strong roots. But surely some would have, no?

How come we never hear/see signs of mass visits during the holidays from Cameroon to the SE or SS?

Actually there is especially in the parts of Igboland where most of these people are from which is Mbaise area of Imo State and Arochukwu/Bende area of Abia State. Most of the Igbos in Lagos and Kano are from the Orlu area of Imo and Anambra State which consist the core of Igboland, however people from Old Bende(Abiriba, Ohafia,Arochukwu, Item, Igbere, Nkporo, Alayi etc) and Mbaise are mostly in other African countries like Gabon, Equatorial Guinea, Cameroun, Togo etc.

Well let us not derail this thread. We will continue this on another topic.
Re: South East Nigeria Needs Three International Airports by aljharem(m): 10:26pm On Apr 02, 2012
Onlytruth:

@First bolded: Yes, that is why I don't want the federal government to fund ours either. We should find the funds ourselves. The FG only needs to designate them. We will do the rest! cool

@Second bolded: An international airport at Onitsha will even impact as far as Abakaliki and Makurdi. Yes that far! cool
One at Enugu also would do the job better for those parts though.
cool

Which means One would do the job rather than 3 as you initially suggested ?
Re: South East Nigeria Needs Three International Airports by Onlytruth(m): 10:28pm On Apr 02, 2012
alj harem:

Which means[b] One[/b] would do the job rather than 3 as you initially suggested ?

We will reach that conclusion AFTER THE ONE HAS BEEN OPERATION FOR AT LEAST ONE YEAR.
For now, you cannot make that conclusion.
Re: South East Nigeria Needs Three International Airports by ektbear: 10:29pm On Apr 02, 2012
Jealousy ke.

Jealous..of what?

Lol.

Man. You just don't get it. Certain tactics simply don't work on me. You tried the GRE gambit a few months ago, failed woefully with that.

Now you will try jealousy.

I am laughing here.
Re: South East Nigeria Needs Three International Airports by ektbear: 10:30pm On Apr 02, 2012
Abagworo:

Actually there is especially in the parts of Igboland where most of these people are from which is Mbaise area of Imo State and Arochukwu/Bende area of Abia State. Most of the Igbos in Lagos and Kano are from the Orlu area of Imo and Anambra State which consist the core of Igboland, however people from Old Bende(Abiriba, Ohafia,Arochukwu, Item, Igbere, Nkporo, Alayi etc) and Mbaise are mostly in other African countries like Gabon, Equatorial Guinea, Cameroun, Togo etc.

Well let us not derail this thread. We will continue this on another topic.

Fair enough. But hopefully you see that 20% of Cameroon's pop, being the largest ethnic group in Cameroon is pretty implausible.
Re: South East Nigeria Needs Three International Airports by aljharem(m): 10:32pm On Apr 02, 2012
Onlytruth:

We will reach that conclusion AFTER THE ONE HAS BEEN OPERATION FOR AT LEAST ONE YEAR.
For now, you cannot make that conclusion.

Right, I would love to see how it goes cool cool cool

Although I read that Akwa Ibom is building one right not. We can use that as a test run, can't we ? grin
Re: South East Nigeria Needs Three International Airports by Onlytruth(m): 10:32pm On Apr 02, 2012
@alj_Harem,

I also want to emphasize that there MUST BE AN INTERNATIONAL AIRPORT AT ONITSHA no matter what happens, because it is the most economically strategic town in the SE lacking a short distance access to an international airport.
Aba has PH for now. So, Onitsha should have an international airport because it would support the emerging economic boom in Anambra state.
Re: South East Nigeria Needs Three International Airports by noiseless: 10:33pm On Apr 02, 2012
This "abagworo" fellow whats his problem by the way, there are 4 million igbos in cmeroon? why must you always cook up lies like alhj harem? this is really shameful.
Abagworo:

After Lagos, it is the Southeast. I think the density issue has to do with small land mass. Lagos is the smallest State in Nigeria while Southeast is the smallest zone. As per migrating out, that we must do because our land is too small to contain all of us. Imagine Cameroun alone having 4million Igbos.
This "abagworo" fellow whats his problem by the way, there are 4 million igbos in cmeroon? why must you always cook up lies like alhj harem? this is really shameful.
Re: South East Nigeria Needs Three International Airports by Onlytruth(m): 10:37pm On Apr 02, 2012
noiseless: This "abagworo" fellow whats his problem by the way, there are 4 million igbos in cmeroon? why must you always cook up lies like alhj harem? this is really shameful.This "abagworo" fellow whats his problem by the way, there are 4 million igbos in cmeroon? why must you always cook up lies like alhj harem? this is really shameful.

My brother just ignore abagworo's claim. I have lived in Cameroun (Duala, Yaounde and Baffousam), those guys don't know the difference between Igbo and any other tribe without tribal marks, especially if you are from Eastern Nigeria. They simply call you Biafran and end it there.
Let's focus on the topic because I see jealous losers sneaking around here. wink
Re: South East Nigeria Needs Three International Airports by Abagworo(m): 10:56pm On Apr 02, 2012
Onlytruth:

My brother just ignore abagworo's claim. I have lived in Cameroun (Duala, Yaounde and Baffousam), those guys don't know the difference between Igbo and any other tribe without tribal marks, especially if you are from Eastern Nigeria. They simply call you Biafran and end it there.
Let's focus on the topic because I see jealous losers sneaking around here. wink

Guy you are beginning to get on my nerves. If Camerounians say Igbos make up the largest non-indigenous ethnic group, how does that originate from Abagworo? You better respect yourself,shut the f** up!! or better still stop mentioning my f**ng name!.
Re: South East Nigeria Needs Three International Airports by Nobody: 10:58pm On Apr 02, 2012
Having 3 international airports in owerri,onitsha and enugu will boost the economy of the SE and attract the much needed foreign and local/diaspora investment, but the governors of SE need to share in this vision for it to be transformed into reality.I dream of the day when we have onitsha port,ibaka port,asaba intl airport,owerri intl airport,onitsha airport fully functional/operational.the SE economy will experience massive growth.
Re: South East Nigeria Needs Three International Airports by nduchucks: 11:01pm On Apr 02, 2012
It is important to biatch slap Onlytruthlies, the egomaniacal olodo who suffers from gross cretinism, once in a while. This Eze thingy is getting in his head through his ears and will, sooner or later, be expunged through his asss. Eze ko, didirin ni. cheesy
Re: South East Nigeria Needs Three International Airports by Nobody: 11:12pm On Apr 02, 2012
I think onitsha/nnewi people and business community should take the bull by the horns and start building the airport,its unfortunate they have a semi-useless and uninspiring/uninspirational/uninventive man as governor in anambra.if I could remember correctly,Imo state is moving in that direction of having owerri airport being made an international airport.
Re: South East Nigeria Needs Three International Airports by debosky(m): 11:20pm On Apr 02, 2012
Onlytruth:

I almost ignored your post because honestly it sounded so dumb.
How can a private investor build an INTERNATIONAL airport in SE, when the federal government has not approve it?

I can tell you now that no private investor would build a LOCAL airport in Enugu or SE.

So you're such a poorly informed rabble rouser that you don't know happenings in your own region? cheesy

How does the rubbish in bold up there compare with this below:

Abagworo: For those who do not know, I want to make it clear that Sam Mbakwe Airport, Owerri was not built by Government but by the communal effort of Imo and Abia people. My Father and Grandfather contributed a lot to that Airport.

How does this correlate with the utter rubbish that 'no private investor' would build a LOCAL airport in the SE? Were the communal efforts of Imo and Abia people not equal to private investment?

Your lack of awareness and utter cluelessness is no longer surprising. cheesy

@Second bolded: I hope you are not comparing Sokoto with Onitsha in business. Even Enugu would pull more INTERNATIONAL travellers than Sokoto anyday.
So, go back to the first page and start reading. It is easier than going back to school. wink

Who is comparing? Aren't you the one that DAFTLY claimed that international business locations are correlated with international airports? The lack of international businesses in Sokoto means your earlier assertion is nothing but utter rubbish, much like the rubbish you regularly spew on here.
Re: South East Nigeria Needs Three International Airports by Onlytruth(m): 11:23pm On Apr 02, 2012
chima12: I think onitsha/nnewi people and business community should take the bull by the horns and start building the airport,its unfortunate they have a semi-useless and uninspiring/uninspirational/uninventive man as governor in anambra.if I could remember correctly,Imo state is moving in that direction of having owerri airport being made an international airport.

My brother we can't wait for 2014 for Peter Obi's departure. He has done his best, but we need BOLD, AMBITIOUS and even MILITANT governor for Anambra state that would give us an international airport at Onitsha. It will happen because Onitsha deserves it more than at least two other international airports in Nigeria already.
I am very hopeful that Gov Rochas Okorocha would run the last leg of the Imo airport and bring it to FULL international status!
I also pray for an ambitious action governor for Enugu state.
Our future is only as big as our vision. cool
Re: South East Nigeria Needs Three International Airports by Onlytruth(m): 11:30pm On Apr 02, 2012
debosky:

So you're such a poorly informed rabble rouser that you don't know happenings in your own region? cheesy

How does the rubbish in bold up there compare with this below:

How does this correlate with the utter rubbish that 'no private investor' would build a LOCAL airport in the SE? Were the communal efforts of Imo and Abia people not equal to private investment?

Your lack of awareness and utter cluelessness is no longer surprising. cheesy

So, in your demented opinion, COMMUNITY project funded by everybody and publicly owned, is now a PRIVATE INVESTMENT?

Who is comparing? Aren't you the one that DAFTLY claimed that international business locations are correlated with international airports? The lack of international businesses in Sokoto means your earlier assertion is nothing but utter rubbish, much like the rubbish you regularly spew on here.

Dude what are you smoking please?
Are you a Nigerian?
Do you know how much political power and influence over the federal government of Nigeria with has been enjoyed by Sokoto, and for how long?
Do you even know that Owerri would pull a higher number of fliers even LOCALLY (than Sokoto), yet the Federal government did not build the airport at Owerri.
Did you even finish secondary school? I think I should throw you into the illiterate bunch I ignore on Nairaland. sad
Re: South East Nigeria Needs Three International Airports by Dede1(m): 11:32pm On Apr 02, 2012
Onlytruth:

Based on my personal experience, there are good numbers of Igbo people in Cameroon. A Cameroonian friend once told me that if Ndigbo would live Cameroon today, the economy of the country will go south. He added that all the markets from Kumba to Yaounde are controlled by Ndigbo. It is not true the Cameroonians can not tell Igbo from Efik, Ijo or Ibibio. Most Cameroonians would stretch to any corner to have an Igbo woman for a wife.
Re: South East Nigeria Needs Three International Airports by Onlytruth(m): 11:34pm On Apr 02, 2012
Dede1:

Based on my personal experience, there are good numbers of Igbo people in Cameroon. A Cameroonian friend once told me that if Ndigbo would live Cameroon today, the economy of the country will go south. He added that all the markets from Kumba to Yaounde are controlled by Ndigbo. It is not true the Cameroonians can not tell Igbo from Efik, Ijo or Ibibio. Most Cameroonians would stretch to any corner to have an Igbo woman for a wife.

Let me not even go into more of this; let me just ask you one question:
In your opinion, are there 4 million Ndigbo in Cameroun?
Re: South East Nigeria Needs Three International Airports by Onlytruth(m): 11:42pm On Apr 02, 2012
There are a lot of African countries which Igbo business men dominate.
All it takes to dominate an area is the businesses, not necessarily the numbers.
5 million Jews in America also dominate a lot of things in America, yet they are only 5 million.
Folks should dissociate dominance from numbers.
The Fulani dominate Nigeria's political powerplay, yet they are probably among the smallest groups in Nigeria.

Anyway, back to topic! cool
Re: South East Nigeria Needs Three International Airports by Onlytruth(m): 11:46pm On Apr 02, 2012
ndu_chucks: It is important to biatch slap Onlytruthlies, the egomaniacal olodo who suffers from gross cretinism, once in a while. This Eze thingy is getting in his head through his ears and will, sooner or later, be expunged through his asss. Eze ko, didirin ni. cheesy

ndu_chucks, you are getting more and more cowardly these days. Are you sure you are not really an Yoruba afterall. hehehe! cheesy cheesy grin
Re: South East Nigeria Needs Three International Airports by nduchucks: 11:56pm On Apr 02, 2012
Onlytruth:

ndu_chucks, you are getting more and more cowardly these days. Are you sure you are not really an Yoruba afterall. hehehe! cheesy cheesy grin

You can show your low class by insulting a whole tribe because of Ndu_Chucks. This will not change the accuracy of my depiction of your well being. The joke's on you, learn torespect people whose opinions differ from yours - O bu ndi a maghi ihe na-echefu ome n’ala ndi nna ha.
Re: South East Nigeria Needs Three International Airports by noiseless: 11:57pm On Apr 02, 2012
Onlytruth:

No worries Eze, and what a good job you are doing in this thread, i'm so impressed with your sense of focus even when they (the usual suspects) did tried everything to distract you as they know it's not something we want but something we really need,so well done. In my first post before i made a comment about the "abagworo fellow", i asked why must the "landlock igboland" have an international airport when it gives some people some sort of orgasm to tell the igbos to their faces that the only way for the igbos to have contact with the outside world, will only depend on their permitions through the use of their seaports or airports outside igboland, and under whatever conditions they put down for the igbos and no room for negociations, so this source of orgasm is what they can't afford to lose you know my dear. But my anger is really towards those political fools who parade themselves as "leaders/governors/senators and all" in igboland.
Re: South East Nigeria Needs Three International Airports by Onlytruth(m): 12:09am On Apr 03, 2012
ndu_chucks:

You can show your low class by insulting a whole tribe because of Ndu_Chucks. This will not change the accuracy of my depiction of your well being. The joke's on you, learn torespect people whose opinions differ from yours - O bu ndi a maghi ihe na-echefu ome n’ala ndi nna ha.

The joke is lost on you because you don't have a clean heart. From the first page of this thread, people from other zones have called us names here and we largely ignored them. Now that I threw one punch back, you have turned into a reverend.
Nwokem clear for road! undecided
BTW tell that Igbo eediot telling you what to type here that his lineage will be wiped off by the spirits of dead Igbo whom he is constantly sabotaging! angry

WE NEED OUR INTERNATIONAL AIRPORTS, and WE WILL GET THEM. cool
Re: South East Nigeria Needs Three International Airports by Onlytruth(m): 12:15am On Apr 03, 2012
noiseless: No worries Eze, and what a good job you are doing in this thread, i'm so impressed with your sense of focus even when they (the usual suspects) did tried everything to distract you as they know it's not something we want but something we really need,so well done. In my first post before i made a comment about the "abagworo fellow", i asked why must the "landlock igboland" have an international airport when it gives some people some sort of orgasm to tell the igbos to their faces that the only way for the igbos to have contact with the outside world, will only depend on their permitions through the use of their seaports or airports outside igboland, and under whatever conditions they put down for the igbos and no room for negociations, so this source of orgasm is what they can't afford to lose you know my dear. But my anger is really towards those political fools who parade themselves as "leaders/governors/senators and all" in igboland.

My brother that is the spirit!
We the youths of Igboland must rise up and challenge the thieves representing us at the federal government, and our visionless governors. Believe it or not, this is the BEST TIME to get all these because of our people in government. If we keep quiet, they would assume that we are not watching, and will largely sit on their @sses and do nothing.
Anyim Pius Anyim should be active on things like this. Same with Aviation minister.
GEJ can designate these airports if we bring it to his attention.
So, please support this agitation anyway you can. Nobody will do this if we don't. cool
Re: South East Nigeria Needs Three International Airports by nduchucks: 12:22am On Apr 03, 2012
Onlytruth:

The joke is lost on you because you don't have a clean heart. From the first page of this thread, people from other zones have called us names here and we largely ignored them. Now that I threw one punch back, you have turned into a reverend.

BTW tell that Igbo eediot telling you what to type here that his lineage will be wiped off by the spirits of dead Igbo whom he is constantly sabotaging! angry

lol, Eze Onlytruthpea sized brain, in his infinite wisdom, has declared that only Igbos understand, can speak, or write Igbo!! ALL hail the Eze. e be like say e dey pain you say I understand Igbo small. The one thing I have in common with Ikemba is the ability to understand and speak Yoruba, Hausa, and Igbo, try to learn those languages as well. You will be surprised how many doors it would open for you. Mumu smiley

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (Reply)

Malami Counters Keyamo Over APC Leadership / Saraki, Melaye, Tambuwal Play Football To Celebrate Dogara’s 50th Birthday / The Babajide Sanwo-Olu App On Playstore Mocked By Nigerians

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.