Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,175 members, 7,811,421 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 11:18 AM

South East Nigeria Needs Three International Airports - Politics (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / South East Nigeria Needs Three International Airports (32570 Views)

PDP Only Needs Three Senators To Produce Senate President - Yerima / Senators On Tour Of Federal Roads In South-East Nigeria (Photos) / Nigeria Needs President Buhari As Minister Of Defence, Not Petroleum (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (18) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: South East Nigeria Needs Three International Airports by Afam4eva(m): 7:51pm On Mar 29, 2012
jason123:

Afam, for educational purposes only; do the Lagos Igbo traders go to Onitsha to buy goods or do they simply buy them when its arrives in can tin port to save them transportation money?

That's what we've been saying. Imagine, if there was an airport and seaport in Onitsha, do you think those Igbo traders that sell in bulk will need to stay in lagos?
Re: South East Nigeria Needs Three International Airports by manny4life(m): 7:54pm On Mar 29, 2012
jason123:

I heard as well that Onitsha is the largest but to be honest, if not for the internet, I would have not known anything about Onitsha. With that said, sorry to say but I feel PH has nor potential than Onitsha. Why, apart from having a similar environment to Lagos, it can boast of a Sea port coupled with her already international airport. Any FG official will ask himself, why should I build three when PH airport is just few minutes away from Imo or Abia? Again, the so-called river-port at Onitsha. The same thing was said, now that it is dredged, do the Onitsha traders utilise it? No. Why is that? A majority still import through Lagos and PH.

Look, in my practical application of economic devlopment, I look at reality, historical data and forecast and sum up my conclusion. Thanks to the internet, however, the same internet ahs been used to speculate information (positive or negative ) about Lagos as well as other cities in Nigeria. If you take the valuation of the Lagos port and PH port of Onitsha ports, like seriously, the difference is CLEAR.

It's ok to say PH has more potential than Onitsha, nothing worng with your opinion, but a Sea Port is only as good and important as the economy it depends on. A Sea Port is a "supporting Infrastructure" which largely depends on other factors. You can have the most massive sea port you want, but if there's not manufacturing to export, well sorry, you're not going anywhere. However, if you manufacture, but without sea port, but with an airport, you'll still be competitive. There are several nations that are doing excellently well without sea ports but have perfect/superb rail networks AND airport structures...go figure.

You call it the "so-called river port", isn't it rather funny that you call it just that... Like I know someone who says, "whatever you call your dog at home, is what it answers", what that means is, if South Easterners decide to call their river-port inferior, then your words about it being "so-called" can stand correct, but if they don't call it "superior" and decide to maximize it's full potential, regardless of whatever you call it, your status quo will remain irrelevant.

The River port, just like every business venture require financing and promoting. If you build a river port and don't promote it, market it or advertise it to attract customers, it will fail just like every other business ... Marketing 101. Just like I was disucssing with a friend today about SLS cashless policy, I said, if CBN did not promote this policy in a fair manner that will attract people, it will fail. I gave an idea, such kind of promotion will be, through the banks they could have cash bonus/cash back programs, etc if people engage in it. With time, people will get used to it because the mentality of the average person desires what's best and cheap for them... same rule applies.
Re: South East Nigeria Needs Three International Airports by jason123: 8:00pm On Mar 29, 2012
afam4eva:

That's what we've been saying. Imagine, if there was an airport and seaport in Onitsha, do you think those Igbo traders that sell in bulk will need to stay in lagos?

Okay, let me re-phrase my question, will it not better for the trader in Lagos to buy his/her goods in Lagos as soon as it arrives than for him/her to travel to Onitsha buy and transport them to Lagos?

The reason why I am asking is because you and I know that most of these traders import from various countries to sell in Nigeria and you and I also know that most of their customers, whether retailer or middle-man, will prefer to buy the goods as soon as it arrives before making that journey to Onitsha (if there is anything left before it gets to Onitsha). That is why I think PH sea-port is not being used by them. But then again, I might be wrong.
Re: South East Nigeria Needs Three International Airports by ACM10: 8:03pm On Mar 29, 2012
jason123:

What are you on about? People are talking about using Asaba or PH airports or renovate the Imo and Enugu airport, you are talking about opposing. How is that opposition. This has nothing to do with Yorubas, Igbo blah. People are simply analysing the issue. At the end of the day, we are not the ones that will build these airports.

I'll only answer 3.
They have a choices. They can come through Abuja. Its their choice. Even most Northerners I know, use the Abuja airport before connecting to Kano airport.

Airports

Airport names shown in bold have scheduled passenger service on commercial airlines.
City served State ICAO IATA Airport name
International airports [1]
Abuja FCT DNAA ABV Nnamdi Azikiwe International Airport [1]
Kano Kano DNKN KAN Mallam Aminu Kano International Airport [2]
Lagos / Ikeja Lagos DNMM LOS Murtala Muhammed International Airport [3]
Port Harcourt Rivers DNPO PHC Port Harcourt International Airport [4]

Major domestic airports [2]
Calabar Cross River DNCA CBQ Margaret Ekpo International Airport (Calabar Airport) [5]
Enugu Enugu DNEN ENU Akanu Ibiam International Airport (Enugu Airport) [6]
Jos Plateau DNJO JOS Yakubu Gowon Airport (Jos Airport) [7]
Kaduna Kaduna DNKA KAD Kaduna Airport [8]
Maiduguri Borno DNMA MIU Maiduguri International Airport (Maiduguri Airport) [9]
Sokoto Sokoto DNSO SKO Sadiq Abubakar III International Airport (Sultan Saddik Abubakar Airport) [10]
Yola Adamawa DNYO YOL Yola Airport [11]
Other domestic airports [3]
Asaba Delta DNAS ABB Asaba International Airport [12]
Akure Ondo DNAK AKR Akure Airport [13]
Bauchi Bauchi DNBA BCU Bauchi Airport [14]
Benin Edo DNBE BNI Benin Airport [15]
Gombe Gombe DNGO Gombe Lawanti International Airport
Ibadan Oyo DNIB IBA Ibadan Airport [16]
Ilorin Kwara DNIL ILR Ilorin Airport [17]
Katsina Katsina DNKT KTN Katsina Airport [18]
Makurdi Benue DNMK MDI Makurdi Airport [19]
Minna Niger DNMN MXJ Minna Airport [20]
Owerri Imo DNIM QOW Sam Mbakwe Airport [21]
Warri Delta DNSU QRW Warri Airport [22]
Zaria Kaduna DNZA ZAR Zaria Airport [23]

It's pointless engaging you since you've already made up your mind. Moreover, it's difficult for me to engage someone that attends to my questions selectively. You can't even back-up your outlandish claim of "18 million customers". Your mind has been made up that no other region(especially east) should be developed to rival Lagos. Either we pass through Lagos, PH, or Abuja or nothing. International airport in the East is a no no.
Re: South East Nigeria Needs Three International Airports by ikeyman00(m): 8:05pm On Mar 29, 2012
@@@@@

now let make this a little bit easy

jason123: 1 hour & 31 minutes

Gareth is on point. If the nearest airport to the SE, PH airport, is not fully utilised; how would THREE airports in the SE be? Really, we should start thinking! Its just so unfortunate that people already hold contempt in their hearts so any comment from a non-SEasterner is seen as an "enemy's comment
[quote][/quote]

nearest airport? no enugu and asaba should be the easy route

but hang on ooo how come as we speak they say the kano airport is undergoing complete make over while the Japan of Nigeria is completely overlooked

Does Nigeria look like a serious country

the other day i pop in on sahara reporter video site listening to the top man of aware youth forum yelling that 1999 constitution need to be change; how the igbos like dominance and that;how boko mudafcker came up due to neglect and that i feel like shootin him down

the earlier u lot nigerians learn to lift up ur fellow country in a bid to develop our country the better for all of us

someone in the village talking about igbo dominance and that; what do u know; imagine a suitation most houses in abuja are own and run by india; lebanese etc that will be the begining of fall of the country
Re: South East Nigeria Needs Three International Airports by Afam4eva(m): 8:11pm On Mar 29, 2012
jason123:

Okay, let me re-phrase my question, will it not better for the trader in Lagos to buy his/her goods in Lagos as soon as it arrives than for him/her to travel to Onitsha buy and transport them to Lagos?

The reason why I am asking is because you and I know that most of these traders import from various countries to sell in Nigeria and you and I also know that most of their customers, whether retailer or middle-man, will prefer to buy the goods as soon as it arrives before making that journey to Onitsha (if there is anything left before it gets to Onitsha). That is why I think PH sea-port is not being used by them. But then again, I might be wrong.

You talk as if lagos is the only place where you have consumers. Mos def, lagos will be there for a very long time but onitsha can serve as a hub for business in the eastern region and not necessary Nigeria as a whole but citing an aiport or a seaport there will give onitisha the imperatives to be able to compete with lagos but not necessarily beat it anytime soon. Mind you, by the time onitsha starts gaining ground, people will start moving to that place and the population of lagos will reduce, maybe not drastically, but it will reduce and the big lagos market you talk about will also depreciate.
Re: South East Nigeria Needs Three International Airports by Nobody: 8:11pm On Mar 29, 2012
Please Nigeria intellectuals (I'm not an intellectual yet, I'm still learning from the dons on NL), join me on this thread:

https://www.nairaland.com/902688/why-extreme-capitalism-not-suitable
Re: South East Nigeria Needs Three International Airports by manny4life(m): 8:12pm On Mar 29, 2012
jason123:

I mean it makes perfect sense to purchase your goods right there if you have the opportunity, that doesn't negate the fact that people will travel out to source for cheaper/more quality/ or whatever goods they feel. That's why it's called competition and product/goods substitute.

When importers bring in their goods, it's more likely they will bring in goods to where their buyers can easily reach it, yeah no doubt, but it doesn't mean that importers wouldn't want to spread his resources as well. In Onitsha, there are willing buyers and sellers that will take up on those goods as soon as it arrives. Lagos is NOT the only place where goods and services must be purchased/sold/traded

After all, there are people who travel to Lagos to purchase goods, that will eliminate time hassle. PH not being used has a host of several other factors and you know these factors, so let's be honest to to ourselves. There is no real comparison of Lagos Ports to PH ports, one is more advantageous than the other in terms of different things.
Re: South East Nigeria Needs Three International Airports by jason123: 8:13pm On Mar 29, 2012
manny4life:

Look, in my practical application of economic devlopment, I look at reality, historical data and forecast and sum up my conclusion. Thanks to the internet, however, the same internet ahs been used to speculate information (positive or negative ) about Lagos as well as other cities in Nigeria. If you take the valuation of the Lagos port and PH port of Onitsha ports, like seriously, the difference is CLEAR.

It's ok to say PH has more potential than Onitsha, nothing worng with your opinion, but a Sea Port is only as good and important as the economy it depends on. A Sea Port is a "supporting Infrastructure" which largely depends on other factors. You can have the most massive sea port you want, but if there's not manufacturing to export, well sorry, you're not going anywhere. However, if you manufacture, but without sea port, but with an airport, you'll still be competitive. There are several nations that are doing excellently well without sea ports but have perfect/superb rail networks AND airport structures...go figure.

You call it the "so-called river port", isn't it rather funny that you call it just that... Like I know someone who says, "whatever you call your dog at home, is what it answers", what that means is, if South Easterners decide to call their river-port inferior, then your words about it being "so-called" can stand correct, but if they don't call it "superior" and decide to maximize it's full potential, regardless of whatever you call it, your status quo will remain irrelevant.

The River port, just like every business venture require financing and promoting. If you build a river port and don't promote it, market it or advertise it to attract customers, it will fail just like every other business ... Marketing 101. Just like I was disucssing with a friend today about SLS cashless policy, I said, if CBN did not promote this policy in a fair manner that will attract people, it will fail. I gave an idea, such kind of promotion will be, through the banks they could have cash bonus/cash back programs, etc if people engage in it. With time, people will get used to it because the mentality of the average person desires what's best and cheap for them... same rule applies.

Lol, I did not add the term "so-called" to reduce its significance. I just thought I should clarify that.

Now, with your post:

Manny, be honest, if Port-harcourt was part of the SE not SS will you still hold your opinion about an onitsha port? C'mon off it man, Port-harcourt, although SS, is minutes away from the SE so what is the point of using the "manufacture analogy"? I hope you know that the River port is AFTER the Niger-bridge? How can big ships come in to Onitsha?

Concerning the Airport, the same question applies, if Rivers was part of SE not SS, will you still hold your position?
Re: South East Nigeria Needs Three International Airports by Afam4eva(m): 8:15pm On Mar 29, 2012
jason123:

Lol, I did not add the term "so-called" to reduce its significance. I just thought I should clarify that.

Now, with your post:

Manny, be honest, if Port-harcourt was part of the SE not SS will you still hold your opinion about an onitsha port? C'mon off it man, Port-harcourt, although SS, is minutes away from the SE so what is the point of using the "manufacture analogy"? I hope you know that the River port is AFTER the Niger-bridge? How can big ships come in to Onitsha?

Concerning the Airport, the same question applies, if Rivers was part of SE not SS, will you still hold your position?

You can replace south-east with Igboland.
Re: South East Nigeria Needs Three International Airports by jason123: 8:22pm On Mar 29, 2012
ACM10:

It's pointless engaging you since you've already made up your mind. Moreover, it's difficult for me to engage someone that attends to my questions selectively. You can't even back-up your outlandish claim of "18 million customers". Your mind has been made up that no other region(especially east) should be developed to rival Lagos. Either we pass through Lagos, PH, or Abuja or nothing. International airport in the East is a no no.

I did not reply your other questions, not because my mind is made up but because it will severally derail the thread and give room for the tribalist!

Now, let's think, will it make sense for Ogun to have an international airport when Lagos is close-by? Even states as far as Niger do not have an international port. I am not against building ONE international airport in, lets say, Enugu but why build a new one when you can simply expand the existing one? For those advocating for THREE, can you see the folly in their reasoning?
Re: South East Nigeria Needs Three International Airports by manny4life(m): 8:25pm On Mar 29, 2012
jason123:

Now, with your post:

Geographical location is highly irrelevant to me at this point; my focal point hasn't been about it's location but its "standard; besides, what has been my opinion about Onitsha Port? I'm not putting down PH port at all, and NO my stance about neither of them will change. Onistha River Port is just only a river port, but I'm a STRONG BELIEVER in developments, many nations have sacrificed a lot for economic development, nothing wrong with PH port and Onitsha River Port, all I'm saying is that if the SE in their own way want something to hold onto, so be it... nothing tribal about wanting your own.

Mississippi River(if I'm correct) along it channels caries about 1/3rd of goods used in the U.S., so go figure. I'm all about competition and not bigotry... big ships don't need to come in, like I once suggested before, in a trans-modal network, most likely use what is called a hub-spoke model. Ask yourself, how many large ships berth in how many cities in the U.S.? NY, CA, FL, MD, NJ and I think that's about it, the other states use inter-modal systems that include feeder container ships... you get the drift.

Again, I am not against PH, please get my stance, all I'm saying is that if the SE needs their own, you cannot deny them their own. I don't think Geographical location was an issue of the discussion, rather, the standards of these assets as compared to it's competitor. If SS had an airport of international standard valuated at say $20million (which is low), trust and believe, a HSR (high speed rail) network is what's need to connect Onitsha and other cities and states in the SE but unfortunately, PH isn't of standard let alone to compete with Lagos.
Re: South East Nigeria Needs Three International Airports by jason123: 8:26pm On Mar 29, 2012
afam4eva:

You talk as if lagos is the only place where you have consumers. Mos def, lagos will be there for a very long time but onitsha can serve as a hub for business in the eastern region and not necessary Nigeria as a whole but citing an aiport or a seaport there will give onitisha the imperatives to be able to compete with lagos but not necessarily beat it anytime soon. Mind you, by the time onitsha starts gaining ground, people will start moving to that place and the population of lagos will reduce, maybe not drastically, but it will reduce and the big lagos market you talk about will also depreciate.

Certainly not. People do but stuffs in other places.One airport is cool but three, haba! Infact, what is wrong with Asaba airport? Well, at the end of the day, its Ndigbo's choice.

With the rest of your comment, I agree!
Re: South East Nigeria Needs Three International Airports by Afam4eva(m): 8:27pm On Mar 29, 2012
jason123:

Certainly not. People do but stuffs in other places.One airport is cool but three, haba! Infact, what is wrong with Asaba airport? Well, at the end of the day, its Ndigbo's choice.

With the rest of your comment, I agree!

I'm not advocating for three international airports. One is OK.
Re: South East Nigeria Needs Three International Airports by PhysicsQED(m): 8:31pm On Mar 29, 2012
There's nothing unreasonable about asking for at least 3 international airports in a region and it shouldn't really result in 9 pages of debate. Some countries smaller than the Southeastern political region probably have more than 3.

The only issue is quality. If SE politicians demand from Jonathan and/or his successor 3 international airports within a short time frame of each other, they're likely to get shortchanged on quality. It will have to be gradual. In fact, one really good airport of truly international quality should be built before relying on the same politician's administration to build two others. If the first one isn't up to standard, the next two probably won't be any better.

1 Like

Re: South East Nigeria Needs Three International Airports by jason123: 8:34pm On Mar 29, 2012
manny4life:

Geographical location is highly irrelevant to me at this point; my focal point hasn't been about it's location but its "standard; besides, what has been my opinion about Onitsha Port? I'm not putting down PH port at all, and NO my stance about neither of them will change. Onistha River Port is just only a river port, but I'm a STRONG BELIEVER in developments, many nations have sacrificed a lot for economic development, nothing wrong with PH port and Onitsha River Port, all I'm saying is that if the SE in their own way want something to hold onto, so be it... nothing tribal about wanting your own.

Mississippi River(if I'm correct) along it channels caries about 1/3rd of goods used in the U.S., so go figure. I'm all about competition and not bigotry... big ships don't need to come in, like I once suggested before, in a trans-modal network, most likely use what is called a hub-spoke model. Ask yourself, how many large ships berth in how many cities in the U.S.? NY, CA, FL, MD, NJ and I think that's about it, the other states use inter-modal systems that include feeder container ships... you get the drift.

Again, I am not against PH, please get my stance, all I'm saying is that if the SE needs their own, you cannot deny them their own. I don't think Geographical location was an issue of the discussion, rather, the standards of these assets as compared to it's competitor. If SS had an airport of international standard valuated at say $200million (which is low), trust and believe, a HSR (high speed rail) network is what's need to connect Onitsha and other cities and states in the SE but unfortunately, PH isn't of standard let alone to compete with Lagos.

You make sense. However, how do we get the "standard" required? By building a new one or upgrading the existing one? Who should finance it? The Feds or State or the entire SE?
Re: South East Nigeria Needs Three International Airports by ACM10: 8:36pm On Mar 29, 2012
afam4eva:

Mind you that the mere mention of "competition" and "decongesting Lagos" scares the sh1t out of him. Endeavour to avoid the use of those terms.
Re: South East Nigeria Needs Three International Airports by jason123: 8:36pm On Mar 29, 2012
I must say, I enjoy having debates with Afam and Manny4life. Kudos guys.
Re: South East Nigeria Needs Three International Airports by jason123: 8:38pm On Mar 29, 2012
ACM10:

Mind you that the mere mention of "competition" and "decongesting Lagos" scares the sh1t out of him. Endeavour to avoid the use of those terms.

Dude, you are funny. There is nothing I have said to suggest that.
Re: South East Nigeria Needs Three International Airports by ikeyman00(m): 8:43pm On Mar 29, 2012
@@@@'

if Port-harcourt was part of the SE not SS

this worries alot of people in nigeria

wonder why

it just keep popin half the line whenever they engage
Re: South East Nigeria Needs Three International Airports by ikeyman00(m): 8:48pm On Mar 29, 2012
@@@@

therefore way forward for now

anambra state should work with enugu state to get the airport done to reasonable and international accetpable standard
Re: South East Nigeria Needs Three International Airports by manny4life(m): 8:52pm On Mar 29, 2012
jason123:

You make sense. However, how do we get the "standard" required? By building a new one or upgrading the existing one? Who should finance it? The Feds or State or the entire SE?

In my practical opinion, again my own opinion , there are two types of standards of exceptions and in this case,

1. You have the IATA and ICAO standards required for certification et al

2. You have the Competitive structural standards... This is the most important because this can either make or break you though you meet the first one. This is where Architecture takes place, this is where design and innovation goes to another level. This types of standards gives convenience, reliability, accessibility etc.

I'm all for upgrading old ones but if upgrading is gonna be expensive or close to expensive, bring it down like the Middle-East does, and start afresh... As for the financing, financing comes ONLY WHEN people show interest and the you can pitch the potentials. There are factors affecting financing - Political, and economic will affects financing projects of this nature. Financiers are less likely to finance a project if govt doesn't take the initiative to initiate the project, and furthermore, foreign financiers are less like likely due to risk factors if local ones chose not to participate, however, not say it cannot be done.

In this case, the govt should have no business financing a private entity project because as we all know, it's more likely than not to FAIL, like I said, they can be part of it, they can use their executive power to initiate and speed up process. Should they decide, they can give grants, tax breaks, etc but it'll be devastating if the Fed is involved in this project knowing that everything their hands touch is FAILURE... Now the states can be involved, but it should rather be as an equity vested project rather than a single entity. Besides, they have bigger projects they can work together on such as a HSR network rather than an airport project.
Re: South East Nigeria Needs Three International Airports by ACM10: 8:58pm On Mar 29, 2012
jason123:

I did not reply your other questions, not because my mind is made up but because it will severally derail the thread and give room for the tribalist!
Really?!

jason123:
Now, let's think, will it make sense for Ogun to have an international airport when Lagos is close-by?
Your analogy is lame.
Enugu airport, Emene is 120km from Onitsha.
Imo airport is about 110km from Onitsha.
Port Harcourt airport is more than 300km from Onitsha.
Have you bothered to travel to Onitsha from those location. It's a very exhausting trip. Moreover, Ogun can never be compared to Onitsha in terms of trading and commerce. If Ogun ascends to the level of Onitsha(businesswise), they will surely clamour for an International airport. Besides the airport will serve Nnewi too.

jason123:
Even states as far as Niger do not have an international port.
Yet another silly analogy

jason123:
I am not against building ONE international airport in, lets say, Enugu but why build a new one when you can simply expand the existing one? For those advocating for THREE, can you see the folly in their reasoning?

I'm not advocating for three international airports. I prefer one international airport close to the economic hub.
Re: South East Nigeria Needs Three International Airports by chino11(m): 9:09pm On Mar 29, 2012
ACM10:
Really?!

Your analogy is lame.
Have you bothered to travel to Onitsha from those location. It's a very exhausting trip. Moreover, Ogun can never be compared to Onitsha in terms of trading and commerce. If Ogun ascends to the level of Onitsha(businesswise), they will surely clamour for an International airport. Besides the airport will serve Nnewi too.

I'm not advocating for three international airports. I prefer one international airport close to the economic hub.

Right on point nwanne mu cool
Re: South East Nigeria Needs Three International Airports by PROUDIGBO(m): 10:00pm On Mar 29, 2012
jason123:

Now, with your post:

^^^As the saying goes: once bitten, twice shy wink. Igbos have learnt the hard way (abandoned property) how the political-economy works in this country and you shouldn't blame them if they're a bit wary about putting in their sweat and blood to develop a place only for issues of ownership of the land to crop up later after all the work has been done. They are right to feel more comfortable applying their time and resources to develop a place whose ownership is not open for debate. This is not to say they shouldn't help develop other places. My argument is that as they are doing so, they should think of home as well.
Re: South East Nigeria Needs Three International Airports by AjanleKoko: 10:03pm On Mar 29, 2012
Actually there are enough well-heeled Igbo businessmen and PDP politicians to float a PPP initiative and push for an international airport in the South Eastern States.
After all, Fashola is doing major infrastructure projects in Lagos. Eko atlantic, The Free Trade Zone, The Lekki Airport, and the Lekki Toll Road.
Igbo governors should take a cue from that. Which kind of renders these arguments useless. What use is it crying for the supposedly bereaved?

1 Like

Re: South East Nigeria Needs Three International Airports by Nobody: 10:05pm On Mar 29, 2012
ACM10:
Really?!

Your analogy is lame.

nwanne mu thank you for the above
these people just can't see anything good in igboland being on equal terms with everybody
they want to keep us in their zones to be milking our tax money cry
Re: South East Nigeria Needs Three International Airports by Nobody: 10:07pm On Mar 29, 2012
AjanleKoko: Actually there are enough well-heeled Igbo businessmen and PDP politicians to float a PPP initiative and push for an international airport in the South Eastern States.
After all, Fashola is doing major infrastructure projects in Lagos. Eko atlantic, The Free Trade Zone, The Lekki Airport, and the Lekki Toll Road.
Igbo governors should take a cue from that.
Which kind of renders these arguments useless. What use is it crying for the supposedly bereaved?

well, at least there is one yoruba guy here who embraces fairness and truth
thank you
Re: South East Nigeria Needs Three International Airports by Abagworo(m): 10:36pm On Mar 29, 2012
ACM10:
Really?!

Your analogy is lame.
Enugu airport,
ACM10:

Really?!

Your analogy is lame.

Emene is 120km from Onitsha.
b.

Onitsha to Owerri is 45 minutes drive and the road is perfect to international standard. Most importantly people should stop making self acclaimed assertions like
If Ogun ascends to the level of Onitsha(businesswise)
. Comparing Onitsha to Ogun which has Otta and Abeokuta shows some level of ignorance. You guys need to travel around and know your country well.
Re: South East Nigeria Needs Three International Airports by ACM10: 11:23pm On Mar 29, 2012
Abagworo:

Onitsha to Owerri is 45 minutes drive and the road is perfect to international standard.
My friend, the journey from Onitsha to Owerri Airport is not 45 mins drive even when the road are less congested. I dropped my uncle at Concorde hotel Owerri just a yr and 3months ago to book a flight to Lagos en route to US. The road is not perfect as you opined. From Okija axis to Mgbidi is full of pot-holes and can be best described as death-traps.

Abagworo:
Most importantly people should stop making self acclaimed assertions like . Comparing Onitsha to Ogun which has Otta and Abeokuta shows some level of ignorance. You guys need to travel around and know your country well.
OMG! You are still striving to lure me into your childish, di.ck measuring comparison, pitching Onitsha against other cities.
What is your point here? That Ogun with Otta is way ahead of Onitsha in terms of trade and commerce? It seems like you relish blind debate. When next you remarks that I'm ignorant. I'd expect you to expose my ignorance.
Re: South East Nigeria Needs Three International Airports by Nobody: 11:51pm On Mar 29, 2012
ACM10:
My friend, the journey from Onitsha to Owerri Airport is not 45 mins drive even when the road are less congested. I dropped my uncle at Concorde hotel Owerri just a yr and 3months ago to book a flight to Lagos en route to US. The road is not perfect as you opined. From Okija axis to Mgbidi is full of pot-holes and can be best described as death-traps.

OMG! You are still striving to lure me into your childish, di.ck measuring comparison, pitching Onitsha against other cities.
What is your point here? That Ogun with Otta is way ahead of Onitsha in terms of trade and commerce? It seems like you relish blind debate. When next you remarks that I'm ignorant. I'd expect you to expose my ignorance.

my brother dont mind that guy. he has a big problem. his complex hatred for onitsha makes him to lose his marbles. cheesy cheesy
Re: South East Nigeria Needs Three International Airports by Abagworo(m): 12:11am On Mar 30, 2012
ACM10:

I don't make assertions but I prefer using measurable standards. Ogun is a State and Onitsha is a town.Ogun has two towns as large as Onitsha(maybe not as populous). If you had used Abeokuta or Otta or Shagamu or Ijebu Ode,I would accept your assertion but that of comparing Onitsha to the entire Ogun is a fallacy.

@bolded. You had to lie just to prove a non existent point. When last I passed that road, it was not smooth between Uli and Ihiala which is roughly 3km. I do Assumpta to Mgbidi 20mins and another 25mins for Mgbidi to Awada. Has CCC not completed that Uli to Ihiala portion up till now?

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (18) (Reply)

Shiites Protest In Abuja Despite Killing Of Some Of Their Members / Soyinka Receives Remi Sonaiya, Female Presidential Candidate, In Lagos - Photo / Agric Minister Deletes Tweets Attacking Buhari

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 126
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.