Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,979 members, 7,817,885 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 10:03 PM

Aregbesola Commences Road Rehabilitation In Osun - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Aregbesola Commences Road Rehabilitation In Osun (9829 Views)

Ongoing Road Rehabilitation and Maintenance In Aba (Photos) / Rehabilitation In Nigeria Sometimes Is An Ambiguous Word. / Aregbesola Commences Salary Payment, Cuts Pay Of Political Office Holders (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Aregbesola Commences Road Rehabilitation In Osun by dayokanu(m): 6:34pm On Mar 30, 2012
Beaf that kidnappers have established a global headquarter on his street in Warri sef dey here?

Shey na because of kidnappers make you run go Osun ni?

Maybe na Aregbe send kidnappers go Warri
Re: Aregbesola Commences Road Rehabilitation In Osun by Beaf: 6:41pm On Mar 30, 2012
Rewind...

[size=22pt]Aregbesola best known for useless talking!
Where are the roads? Dry season wan finis o![/size]

Aregbesola waited for "dry season" to appoint commissioners.
He waited for "dry season" to start working and stop slapping people. Now we wanna see proof.
[size=16pt]WHERE are the roads?
These are from Akwa Ibom (no be maut cool), WHERE are AregbeRASCALS roads? Or is he building them with his large mouth as usual?[/size] grin grin grin grin grin

Re: Aregbesola Commences Road Rehabilitation In Osun by dayokanu(m): 7:06pm On Mar 30, 2012
Beaf: Rewind...

Egbon mi razist.

How are the kidnappers in Warri?
Re: Aregbesola Commences Road Rehabilitation In Osun by Nobody: 7:09pm On Mar 30, 2012
Look at the houses beside the roads. So sad!!

Just look at the unkempt nature of the environments.

Good luck sha
Re: Aregbesola Commences Road Rehabilitation In Osun by emsquare(m): 7:31pm On Mar 30, 2012
mamaafrik: Mayb i'm d only1 cing dis,we only hear of southern states devlpmnt & nt northern,kilonsẹlẹ?

Question begging for answer...
Re: Aregbesola Commences Road Rehabilitation In Osun by Gbawe: 7:50pm On Mar 30, 2012
Beaf: Rewind...

A d.u.n.c.e and a Cow rolled together. Not a good combination. Akpabio: 5 years in charge with monthly allocation of 18 billion (13 billion from 13% derivation) an estimated population of 4.8 million and total area of 7,081 square km.

http://fmf.gov.ng/images/FAAC/faacrepAug2011.pdf

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Akwa_Ibom_State

Meanwhile Aregbesola : 16 months in power with monthly allocation of 4 billion an estimated population of 4.1 million and total area 9,251 square km.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Osun_State

Even the dullest rebrobate should appreciate the statistics to note that Akpabio has far more money to play with to the extent we can expect similar to what he has achieved over 5 years. Aregbesola on the others, considering the decay on ground and poor fiscal condition of Osun , has to plan meticulously, be inventive and extremely frugal. Aregbesola recieves around 1/6 of what Akpabio gets and his State has similar population to Akwa Ibom with a bigger land mass to manage yet he is is expected to achieve what Akpabio has in 16 months? Idiocy of the highest order.

The better comparision would be to look at the State of your hero GEJ that gets approx 12 billion monthly with an estimated population of 2 million and a total area of 10,733 square km yet nothing on ground to justify such a comparatively large federal allocation. You are too dishonest to see that the likes of Bayelsa deserve far more scrutiny than a State where the Governor is actually doing well trying to juggle scarce resource and the huge debt left by the PDP. You are not too smart but hopefully you should now appreciate the statistics enough to desist from childish and senseless spamming that only expose you as a dul.l.a.r.d.
Re: Aregbesola Commences Road Rehabilitation In Osun by Beaf: 8:41pm On Mar 30, 2012
^
Will insults tar the roads in Osun? Lol!
You will continue trying to escape reality by behaving like an NURTW member and lying like Aregbesola.

Shame on you.

Firstly, your megalomaniac, the negus negast, king of kings and lords of Osogbo; his highness, emperor Aregbesola publicly boasted just a feww short weeks ago that that "he didn't need no phucking federal allocation."
You see why sensible people would toss your foolish allocation argument straight on the dung heap? I am quite sure Rochas Okorotcha is getting much less, but has achieved at least 10 times more in half the time Aregbesola has been emperor.
Aregbesola plainly has not told you that you leave by your mouth and die by your mouth (as he is currently experiencing). Lies and empty rants buy no favours and won't move a grain of sand, talkless build a road.

Aregbesola's problems would have been less if he wasn't living in Lagos, trying to govern Ondo, while abandoning Osun. Its a sad story, really.

“I am, however, very disturbed by his political antics as far as my state, Ondo, is concerned. By my reading, Rauf is the arrow head of the ACN onslaught on Governor Mimiko of Ondo State. Consistently, with the latest being yesterday (Tuesday), he had been launching political assault on Mimiko, boasting that ACN would flush him out in next year’s election, because he believes that South-West states can only achieve regional and developmental integration only under one political party, to wit, ACN.

“Apart from the fact that I find this position quite preposterous, I take serious objection to his consistent irreverent attack on a fellow governor of same Yoruba stock just because you belong to a different political party. That is the bane of the supposed enlightened Yoruba politicians who believe that things must be seen only from their narrow and jaundiced prism.

“If you look at the configuration of the political setting in the South-East, there are two APGA governors but the majority PDP governors don’t insult Okorocha and Obi just because they belong to different parties. The South-East governors meet regularly on issues concerning their Ndigbo interests, irrespective of their political parties. South-South governors, when they meet on the interests of Niger Delta, don’t discriminate against Adams Oshiomhole just because he is in ACN.

“The Northern Governors Forum, dominated by PDP, don’t discriminate or attack the ANPP and CPC governors in their region. It is only in South-West that this nonsense takes place and we have to confront this shenanigan.
With its phalanx of political foot soldiers, ACN could have used these people instead of a sitting governor, who ought to face his own state, rather his main interest and priority is to unseat Mimiko.

“In any case, who gave Rauf to be speaking on behalf of us Yoruba and to determine our political destiny? I don’t mind if Dr Tunji Abayomi, Olu Agunloye, Boroffice and others who want to contest for Ondo State governorship under ACN are attacking Mimiko. That is understandable because they want his office. But, not a sitting governor of another state. Does it bother Rauf that ACN lost the House of Reps bye election last month in Oyo State?

http://www.newsnet.com.ng/2012/03/yoruba-integrationattack-on-mimiko-knocks-for-aregbesola/

Look at the pictures of malnourished looking machines you have posted as progress in a governors 2nd year of office. Is this not wickedness?

Please, lets pause for a moment while I cry for you, I really wanna weep bitterly:

Re: Aregbesola Commences Road Rehabilitation In Osun by Beaf: 8:45pm On Mar 30, 2012
Gbawe:

A d.u.n.c.e and a Cow rolled together. Not a good combination. Akpabio: 5 years in charge with monthly allocation of 18 billion (13 billion from 13% derivation) an estimated population of 4.8 million and total area of 7,081 square km.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Akwa_Ibom_State

Meanwhile Aregbesola : 16 months in power with monthly allocation of 4 billion an estimated population of 4.1 million and total area 9,251 square km.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Osun_State

Even the dullest rebrobate should appreciate the statistics to note that Akpabio has far more money to play with to the extent we can expect similar to what he has achieved over 5 years. Aregbesola on the others, considering the decay on ground and poor fiscal condition of Osun , has to plan meticulously, be inventive and extremely frugal. Aregbesola recieves around 1/6 of what Akpabio gets and his State has similar population to Akwa Ibom with a bigger land mass to manage yet he is is expected to achieve what Akpabio has in 16 months? Idiocy of the highest order.

The better comparision would be to look at the State of your hero GEJ that gets approx 12 billion monthly with an estimated population of 2 million and a total area of 10,733 square km yet nothing on ground to justify such a comparatively large federal allocation. You are too dishonest to see that the likes of Bayelsa deserve far more scrutiny than a State where the Governor is actually doing well trying to juggle scarce resource and the huge debt left by the PDP. You are not too smart but hopefully you should now appreciate the statistics enough to desist from childish and senseless spamming that only expose you as a dul.l.a.r.d.

Rewind...

You people have a way of convincing yourselves with stup!d talk. How many have even been to Bayelsa? How can anyone in their right mind compare Aregbesola's Osun to bayelsa?

[size=14pt]This is bayelsa (you can now faint):[/size]

[size=22pt]Where are AregbeRASCALS roads? Abi na maut? "dry season" wan finis o![/size] grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Aregbesola Commences Road Rehabilitation In Osun by dayokanu(m): 9:07pm On Mar 30, 2012
Re: Aregbesola Commences Road Rehabilitation In Osun by dayokanu(m): 9:08pm On Mar 30, 2012
Na road be this abi na ocean

No wonder kidnappers enter street

[img]https://www.nairaland.com/download/540569[/img]
Re: Aregbesola Commences Road Rehabilitation In Osun by sheyguy: 9:10pm On Mar 30, 2012
Beaf, can u do us all a favour by presenting facts like Gbawe did when comparing Osun state to Akwa Ibom and stop using Okorocha u r ''probably'' not sure of to argue blindly. If possible give us population, land area, average monthly allocation and major projects since Alams time of Bayelsa state, and let's see how PDP is performing there.

Aregbesola is doing a sensible thing by constructing new and strategic roads as well as upgrading sub-standard ones built by PDP govt of oyinlola.
Re: Aregbesola Commences Road Rehabilitation In Osun by purpose100(f): 9:31pm On Mar 30, 2012
I dont know our problem in dis part of the world. I mean,celebrating mediocrity!

And Gbawe,what is right with u? U posted a muddy footpath and u call dat a road? Is dat a world class road? Is dat the best dey can do with tax payers money? Not posting any pix abt d so called 'on going road project' is better dan dis. U really fall my hand.

Maybe u sud just wait till the raod project is completed before u start praising Aregbe or what do u think?

But this road pix is a disgrace. If someone posted this type of pix for an on going road project in Enugu State,what will be ur response?
Re: Aregbesola Commences Road Rehabilitation In Osun by Beaf: 9:40pm On Mar 30, 2012
sheyguy: Beaf, can u do us all a favour by presenting facts like Gbawe did when comparing Osun state to Akwa Ibom and stop using Okorocha u r ''probably'' not sure of to argue blindly. If possible give us population, land area, average monthly allocation and major projects since Alams time of Bayelsa state, and let's see how PDP is performing there.

Aregbesola is doing a sensible thing by constructing new and strategic roads as well as upgrading sub-standard ones built by PDP govt of oyinlola.

Lol! Gbawe begged me not to use Akpabio, because of oyel, so I've decided to use Rochas... Now you are begging not to use Rochas (for obvious reasons grin).
See what Rochas acheived in 6 months without lying or making noise (compare to the poverty stricken pictures Gbawe insulted our eyes with):

[size=14pt]In 6 months, from scratch to this...

To this!!!

[/size]

More here: http://www.imostateblog.com/2012/03/14/progress-report-ikemba-ojukwu-convention-centre-and-recreation-park/
Re: Aregbesola Commences Road Rehabilitation In Osun by dayokanu(m): 9:42pm On Mar 30, 2012
[img]https://www.nairaland.com/download/540566[/img]

Bros,

How about your own Delta State- haven of Kidnappers
Re: Aregbesola Commences Road Rehabilitation In Osun by dayokanu(m): 9:43pm On Mar 30, 2012
Re: Aregbesola Commences Road Rehabilitation In Osun by dayokanu(m): 9:46pm On Mar 30, 2012
Re: Aregbesola Commences Road Rehabilitation In Osun by dayokanu(m): 9:48pm On Mar 30, 2012
Re: Aregbesola Commences Road Rehabilitation In Osun by Olalekan0(m): 11:53pm On Mar 30, 2012
dayokanu: Na road be this abi na ocean

No wonder kidnappers enter street

[img]https://www.nairaland.com/download/540569[/img]
Are you implying that there are no such places in fashela's state of Lagos? Plsssssss come off it!
Re: Aregbesola Commences Road Rehabilitation In Osun by dayokanu(m): 12:00am On Mar 31, 2012
Olalekan 0: Are you implying that there are no such places in fashela's state of Lagos? Plsssssss come off it!

What I am implying is that you remove the log in your(Delta State-Haven of kidnappers) eyes before bothering about the speck in Osun States.

Its like the father of a thief lecturing children on good morals
Re: Aregbesola Commences Road Rehabilitation In Osun by AndreUweh(m): 12:08am On Mar 31, 2012
I do not think that Beaf has done anything wrong here. He wants to see a better Osun state.
Re: Aregbesola Commences Road Rehabilitation In Osun by dayokanu(m): 12:14am On Mar 31, 2012
Andre Uweh: I do not think that Beaf has done anything wrong here. He wants to see a better Osun state.

Isnt it baffling that he isnt concerned about his homestate Delta that has become a Kidnappers haven and the roads are swimming pools

Yet he is concerned about far away Osun State.

Shey na today Beaf begin blame ACN, Aregbesola and Tinubu for Fulani invasions all over Nigeria?

We know his motives and are not surprised gven that he is a known sychophant
Re: Aregbesola Commences Road Rehabilitation In Osun by AndreUweh(m): 12:22am On Mar 31, 2012
Beaf hardly attacks any one who critiques Delta state. He himself has on numerous occasions spoken about some ills of his state.
I hope people from Osun and sorroundings should learn grom him.
Re: Aregbesola Commences Road Rehabilitation In Osun by koruji(m): 12:31am On Mar 31, 2012
You are either ignorant of Beaf's antics or playing dumb.

In either case you are advised to read the kind of ignoble lies that Beaf tells about Osun on NL.

Andre Uweh: Beaf hardly attacks any one who critiques Delta state. He himself has on numerous occasions spoken about some ills of his state.
Re: Aregbesola Commences Road Rehabilitation In Osun by dayokanu(m): 12:33am On Mar 31, 2012
Andre Uweh: Beaf hardly attacks any one who critiques Delta state. He himself has on numerous occasions spoken about some ills of his state.

What an insult. people from osun should learn from Beaf? No thanks extend that gesture to people from your state, Let him come and train your youths on asslicking and sychophancy.

What are the ills of the PDP government in his State that Beaf has spoken against.

Go and look at this response on threads that criticize Delta for more clarification

example below

https://www.nairaland.com/774664/some-pictures-delta-state-how

In his own Warri, everyone even Okada owners are now endangered because they are targetted by kidnappers

yet he spends all his time in Osun.
Re: Aregbesola Commences Road Rehabilitation In Osun by Beaf: 12:43am On Mar 31, 2012

Thank you jare! @Olalekan 0, the same goes to you too.

I purposely ignored dayokanu, because I know the smallmindedness he was up to in order to drag the thread into the gutter. He has failed woefully.
When we put Ibori's head on the slab and smash it, dayokanu and his bigot kind freely join in, but when we critisice Osun they immediately turn primitive. Its sad.

@dayokanu
Nothing you do will hide the fact that Aregbesola is a loudmouthed failure. cool
Re: Aregbesola Commences Road Rehabilitation In Osun by fatadis: 10:25am On Apr 01, 2012
Please we need to give Ogbeni benefit of doubt. He needs time to plan so that we will not make the same mistakes we have made in the past. Let's get our priority right and compare dis with available revenue for effective distribution. This is a four years journey. I live in Lagos and I know what Lagos state govt. use to put into project planning and data collections before embarking on any project. Also Lagos has a platform on ground compare to Osun that is starting from scratch.
Re: Aregbesola Commences Road Rehabilitation In Osun by Gbawe: 10:41am On Apr 01, 2012
koruji:
You are either ignorant of Beaf's antics or playing dumb.

In either case you are advised to read the kind of ignoble lies that Beaf tells about Osun on NL.

My brother, it is very simple. Beaf is chief sycophant and full-time azzlicker to everything PDP. He, in turn, has his own sycophants and blind followers on NL who deliberately fail to note that Beaf , on too many occasions than is possible to count, has been glaringly guilty of open deception, fraudulent conduct and telling outright lies.

It will be obvious why those who blindly lick Beaf's azz do so. Check their region of origin and the thread they contribute to and you will understand that many are clannish and feudalistic folks seeking an "area champion". Is it not like how GEJ was backed passionately by the worst folks in Nigeria, because they wanted continuation of business as usual, yet the upright and patriotic Nigerians we all love (Achebe, Soyinka, Col. Umar, Balarabe Musa et al) rejected GEJ as if he had leprosy.
Re: Aregbesola Commences Road Rehabilitation In Osun by Gbawe: 11:06am On Apr 01, 2012
fatadis: Please we need to give Ogbeni benefit of doubt. He needs time to plan so that we will not make the same mistakes we have made in the past. Let's get our priority right and compare dis with available revenue for effective distribution. This is a four years journey. I live in Lagos and I know what Lagos state govt. use to put into project planning and data collections before embarking on any project. Also Lagos has a platform on ground compare to Osun that is starting from scratch.

Please don't mind them. As if we must not give administrators time to plan. We all saw what Aregbesola did, transparently, to refinance the huge debt left by the PDP that was choking Osun State. Did we not see Gbenga Daniel trying to leave Amosun with a 100 billion headache with Jonathan in full support? When did Oshiomhole swing into action to begin the transformation of Edo State? Can we not recall how he had to get Edo's political and financial mess in order before he started delivering for citizens. I can even remember impatient folks beginning to attack Oshiomhole !!!! All States have their challenges and it would do some of us well to note this before we expect miracle overnight and start ignorant comparison.

I never do it. I am not interested in feudalistic comparison of States and producing childish pictures indicative of nothing. With Aregbesola, there was clearly a planning phase where money had to be saved, debt refinanced, cost cut etc, etc. Nigerians are impatient but anyone who deliberately fails to give credit for that stage is an intrinsically unfair person. Aregbesola himself said it that his achievement in the first year were intangible yet very important to get Osun to the stage where the next stage would naturally involve tangible improvements folks can see and feel. Ignorance is a hindrance to a man getting the best out of life.

The "what has Aregbesola done in one year" charge is not really relevant for those who know what he has been up to vis-a-vis the peculiar challenges of Osun i.e refinancing debts and facing the challenge of raising funds for a poor civil servant State that uses majority of its income to pay wages with not much left for infrastructural development. Will it not take time to raise the funds or will shiny new roads just miraculously appear everywhere? Childishly, many are into appreciating pictures but wan't to deliberately remain very ignorant of the serious financial challenges that means innovative solutions must be deployed.

Now, even if folks want to dwell ignorantly on what they perceive should have been done in the past, it would seem projects are at implementation stage. I really hate ignorance - especially when tinged with a dose of shameless mischief. The sort that would make anyone compare Osun, totally decimated and in financial ruins when Aregbesola took over, to some of the richest States in Nigeria. At least folks should understand what Aregbesola has done to try and put Osun on a sound footing before they start to attack ignorantly. What immediate new roads do folks expect to see in a State so distressed it had to borrow N1 billion a month to meet recurrent expenditure?

http://www.osundefender.org/?p=20942

The opposition keeps saying you have fallen short of the people’s expectation…

When I read their tantrums about what we have done, I laugh because as at the time we took over, this state was carrying a burden of N18.3 billion debt. The debt was not just an ordinary debt, it was a debt that was painful and suffocating. It was so bad that for the state to meet its recurrent expenditure, it had to borrow N1 billion every month. As at that time, the total revenue of the state was N2.1 billion (IGR was N300 million and allocation was N1.8 billion) out of which, right from Abuja, N615 million would be deducted, leaving N1.5 billion. The salary as at that time was N850 million, leaving us with N650 million. Subventions to tertiary institutions in the state was N850 million, leaving us minus N150 million; and we had to pay pensions of N250 million. I wouldn’t know how much specifically, but as at that time, gratuity was already outstanding and it could not be less than N1.5 billion. I only knew that by June this year, the outstanding on gratuity was N2.4 billion. What was allocated in December was N30 million and that was what I met. But in that month, I raised it to N50 million and by April this year, I raised it to N150 million. If I want to be very meticulous and factual, let us say we must pay gratuity of N50 million and if you subtract it, you will have minus N500 million. Aside that, you must run government with money. So, a billion naira loan had to be taken from bank to augment every month and by the following month, you pay it off and continue. That was the situation I met.
By March, noticing the almost impossibility of running any government at all and having realized that there was no hope for the state should that regime continue, we realised that our only saving grace was to restructure the loan and we desperately sought for a financial institution that could support us by refinancing and I got one finally in the First Bank. We were able to broker a deal that allowed us to refinance the loan, such that today, as I am talking to you, the maximum we get on that suffocating loan is less than N100 million. We have removed the burden of the loan and we have spread it such that the state would not even know that it is paying anything.

You said that you have N29.5 billion for development of Osun, but if you calculate the money you need eventually, it is more than you have. How will you generate more money to carry out your programme?

The truth of the matter is that the money that can take us out of the situation we are now cannot be less than N300 billion. Through financial re-engineering we are raising it, but what we have raised is grossly inadequate, and we will look for other methods to raise money for development, details of which I will not supply now. Just note that when it comes to the time when this money is required we will get it. By my own commitment, I want to leave here by far better and comparable to any human society anywhere in the world and I want you to join me to achieve this.

CULLED FROM THE NATION.
Re: Aregbesola Commences Road Rehabilitation In Osun by Demdem(m): 2:00pm On Apr 01, 2012
afam4eva:

Not all. Things are shaping up in Enugu, Akwa-Ibom and Rivers states. The only ACN state governor that has done something tangible is fashola of lagos. I have nothing against ACN but it's annoying the way their supporters go about making jest of PDP like they're any better.

Amaechi is currently sleeping. nothing of notr since the commencement of his second term
Re: Aregbesola Commences Road Rehabilitation In Osun by Demdem(m): 2:02pm On Apr 01, 2012
afam4eva:

So, you want to tell me you've not seen the pics of developments in Enugu, Rivers and Akwa-ibom state? Stop lying to yourself man. I also think Fashola has done well.

shut up, Amaechi is currently sleeping.
Re: Aregbesola Commences Road Rehabilitation In Osun by Olalekan0(m): 4:06pm On Apr 01, 2012
Y'all claiming oyinlola left a huge debt for aregbe should think again. Fashola's sucessor's also going to inherit a 150 debt!
Re: Aregbesola Commences Road Rehabilitation In Osun by PointB: 5:49pm On Apr 01, 2012
What can I say?

Congratulation Aregbesola for 'commencing' road rehabilitation in Osun State. I hope the contractors do a good job.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

'Civil Servant Of The Year': Karima Babangida Hosts IgbereTVAwards Crew (Photos) / S H O C K I N G: A Town In Imo State Has A Muslim As King / Lagos Residents Lament Absence Of Infrastructure (Fashola's Projects Sinks)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 116
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.