Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,697 members, 7,837,567 topics. Date: Thursday, 23 May 2024 at 07:17 AM

We Agreed To End A 3 Years Relationship Due To Religious Differences. - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / We Agreed To End A 3 Years Relationship Due To Religious Differences. (7576 Views)

Please Help, My 4 Years Relationship Seems To Be Crashing Down / My Six Years Relationship Almost Crashing / Would You End A Beautiful Relationship Over Religious Differences? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: We Agreed To End A 3 Years Relationship Due To Religious Differences. by peziz(f): 1:35pm On Apr 01, 2012
Vikin: OP, THIS IS THE BIGGEST APRIL FOOL HE DID TO YOU!

EITHER YOU ARE DOING APRIL FOOL TO NL OR HE DID IT TO YOU! cheesy cheesy cheesy

GOOD ONE THOUGH
Its so not april fool. I thought so at first until it hit me hard that he was serious.
Re: We Agreed To End A 3 Years Relationship Due To Religious Differences. by peziz(f): 1:41pm On Apr 01, 2012
kelz88: In my opinion that wasn't love. Your love would have found a way to conquer the barrier. See what religion does to some people!Kai.
Maybe in your opinion, which you are entitled to you think its not love or maybe not, but we both knew how we geniunely felt for each other.
Re: We Agreed To End A 3 Years Relationship Due To Religious Differences. by peziz(f): 1:48pm On Apr 01, 2012
ismaeel86: i don't know why in this modern age, people still place religion above everything, shior... both of u are cowards and that means the love u have for each other cant stand the test of time. i'm really sorry for u, but that's the best decision u took cos both of u are not in love, u just enjoyed each others company when u guys were in the uni.
undecided
ismaeel86: i don't know why in this modern age, people still place religion above everything, shior... both of u are cowards and that means the love u have for each other cant stand the test of time. i'm really sorry for u, but that's the best decision u took cos both of u are not in love, u just enjoyed each others company when u guys were in the uni.
You really think so?
Re: We Agreed To End A 3 Years Relationship Due To Religious Differences. by neyostica: 1:51pm On Apr 01, 2012
peziz: undecided You really think so?
Dont mind them, u are a light, u av no business with darkness, by d way am available o
Re: We Agreed To End A 3 Years Relationship Due To Religious Differences. by kelz88(f): 3:50pm On Apr 01, 2012
I agree with your post. In their mind it was love. When they both move on and find true love then they will understand.
Re: We Agreed To End A 3 Years Relationship Due To Religious Differences. by neyostica: 5:37pm On Apr 01, 2012
kelz88: I agree with your post. In their mind it was love. When they both move on and find true love then they will understand.
Shutup, you think this is titanic
Re: We Agreed To End A 3 Years Relationship Due To Religious Differences. by cinammon(f): 6:02pm On Apr 01, 2012
Its even more pathetic d@ in dis age som1 wud claim religion is not a criteria...shows how unserious ppl take dier spiritual lives..wot foundation r u hopin 2 build 4 d future?not d@ its a crime 2 b wit som1 of a different religious background buh ppl r different nd ppl r entitled 2 dier views and opinions...4me its a problem cos u r hopin 2 build a family nd d thot havin children hu dnt hav a focused religion is not my kind of future...

2 Likes

Re: We Agreed To End A 3 Years Relationship Due To Religious Differences. by honeric01(m): 6:03pm On Apr 01, 2012
kelz88: I agree with your post. In their mind it was love. When they both move on and find true love then they will understand.

I share your sentiment.

@ OP

Please go and learn the meaning of love, i mean REAL LOVE NOT LUST OR INFATUATION.

when it comes to Love, religion is way way below the list.

If people can kill for love, why would religion become a barrier? is religion now worse than killing for love?

Except if he's a confirmed fanatic be it a christian or a Muslim, then i would say its better to jet out from the relationship, but anything different from this, it's wrong to allow religion dictate who to love. the bible we follow even said "love your neighbor as yourself" and if we truly follow what the bible preaches, then your reason for jetting out of the relationship is not sound enough.

2 Likes

Re: We Agreed To End A 3 Years Relationship Due To Religious Differences. by honeric01(m): 6:07pm On Apr 01, 2012
cinammon: Its even more pathetic d@ in dis age som1 wud claim religion is not a criteria...shows how unserious ppl take dier spiritual lives..wot foundation r u hopin 2 build 4 d future?not d@ its a crime 2 b wit som1 of a different religious background buh ppl r different nd ppl r entitled 2 dier views and opinions...4me its a problem cos u r hopin 2 build a family nd d thot havin children hu dnt hav a focused religion is not my kind of future...

I hope you know that it's not by getting wedded to same faith, rather its by getting wedded to someone who can assist you. you could still marry someone from the same faith, yet stumble and he won't be there to handle the fall with you. salvation is a personal race and living in the church or being a pastors daughter does not count. what count is how you handle your personal salvation.

I can marry anyone and this would even make me work hard to let them see why they should convert to my own faith, good things attract people, if you're so sure of your salvation, you won't be bothered about what religion he is.

Jesus said in the bible that he didn't come to earth for the believers, rather he came for the unbelievers.. Jesus spent most of his social time in the midst of sinners so as to prove to them that his approach to life is the best.

1 Like

Re: We Agreed To End A 3 Years Relationship Due To Religious Differences. by Dyt(f): 6:09pm On Apr 01, 2012
^ u jst won my hrt
Cm ere bro
Re: We Agreed To End A 3 Years Relationship Due To Religious Differences. by honeric01(m): 6:14pm On Apr 01, 2012
Dyt: ^ u jst won my hrt
Cm ere bro

Just saying my mind, thanks.

[size=2pt]Still running cos of rich o[/size] grin
Re: We Agreed To End A 3 Years Relationship Due To Religious Differences. by simpleseyi: 6:15pm On Apr 01, 2012
religious bigots all over nairaland. i am a muslim and my lovely wife is a born again christian not just a church goer. do not be evenly yoke with an unbeliever, anyone that does not know that God is one is an unbeliever; and i dont relate with unbelievers, God is one and universal either in isreal, arab, persia, germany or america. Dear poster pls marry from your church only because you are an unbeliever to other denominations. Wait a minute, what about jehovah witnesses, are they believers or unbelievers?

1 Like

Re: We Agreed To End A 3 Years Relationship Due To Religious Differences. by Dyt(f): 6:16pm On Apr 01, 2012
Looooool

I count my
Winks
Re: We Agreed To End A 3 Years Relationship Due To Religious Differences. by gabbytabby: 6:21pm On Apr 01, 2012
If either of you is not happy to share the others religion then its best to separate. At times couples agree to respect each others choice of religion and then after marriage some change the goal post and start to put pressure on the other and all the submit to your partner and you dont love him if you cant share his religion b/s comes out.

Dont just go there .Its for the best as its better to avoid all issues that might lead to a future breakdown of your marriage well alone.

1 Like

Re: We Agreed To End A 3 Years Relationship Due To Religious Differences. by honeric01(m): 6:23pm On Apr 01, 2012
Dyt: Looooool

I count mysef as one of d luciest u know
Rich s a very gd xtain yet he doesn't c religion as a barrier
Winks

Oh so you're a rukayat? lol no love lost jare, my girl is from a M home but a C and her dad is one of the nicest man i have seen in my lifetime.
Re: We Agreed To End A 3 Years Relationship Due To Religious Differences. by Dyt(f): 6:27pm On Apr 01, 2012
So wat r we talkin
Carry on jor
I dey ur side
Re: We Agreed To End A 3 Years Relationship Due To Religious Differences. by neyostica: 6:34pm On Apr 01, 2012
@seyi your wife is not a christian, just a church goer
Re: We Agreed To End A 3 Years Relationship Due To Religious Differences. by honeric01(m): 6:40pm On Apr 01, 2012
neyostica: @seyi your wife is not a christian, just a church goer

And Jesus is also not a christian for dining and wining in the midst of sinners, the tax-collector, the shummanite woman and also the prostitute that was to be stoned to death?

1 Like

Re: We Agreed To End A 3 Years Relationship Due To Religious Differences. by neyostica: 7:01pm On Apr 01, 2012
^^^^Stop the blasphemy, those were acts to spread the gospel n show them the way of love, which wasnt seyi's wife motive, she's of d body
Re: We Agreed To End A 3 Years Relationship Due To Religious Differences. by simpleseyi: 7:37pm On Apr 01, 2012
my friend is an anglican; his wife is a jehovah witness; my friend's wife was suspended from jehovah witnesses gathering becos she married a non-jehovah witness whom they called an unbeliever. please can the believers on this forum define who is an unbeliever?
Re: We Agreed To End A 3 Years Relationship Due To Religious Differences. by peziz(f): 7:50pm On Apr 01, 2012
simpleseyi: my friend is an anglican; his wife is a jehovah witness; my friend's wife was suspended from jehovah witnesses gathering becos she married a non-jehovah witness whom they called an unbeliever. please can the believers on this forum define who is an unbeliever?
I like your comments but please don't derail my thread. Keep the unbeliever question for another thread. Thank you.
Re: We Agreed To End A 3 Years Relationship Due To Religious Differences. by neyostica: 8:21pm On Apr 01, 2012
Peziz, am available, am available and am not a muhamed
Re: We Agreed To End A 3 Years Relationship Due To Religious Differences. by simpleseyi: 8:35pm On Apr 01, 2012
dear peziz, pls can you give us reasons why you cannot marry a non-christian? also can you tell me if my christian wife is crazy for being happily married to a muslim?

2 Likes

Re: We Agreed To End A 3 Years Relationship Due To Religious Differences. by neyostica: 8:44pm On Apr 01, 2012
^^^Your wife is gbeferi, just christian by name, dnt wori, she will understand the implicatn when d issue of children arises
Re: We Agreed To End A 3 Years Relationship Due To Religious Differences. by kelz88(f): 8:48pm On Apr 01, 2012
neyostica: ^^^Your wife is gbeferi, just christian by name, dnt wori, she will understand the implicatn when d issue of children arises
Hope you realise there are a lot of happy marriages where partners have different beliefs/religion or worship in different churches. Or you're just looking for what to argue about on nl? lipsrsealed
Re: We Agreed To End A 3 Years Relationship Due To Religious Differences. by cinammon(f): 9:15pm On Apr 01, 2012
I undastand evrybody's views...buh lyk I sed because u feel somthin is appropriate doesn't min it is universally accepted...all fingers are not equal,one man's fud is another man's poison...som pple may not accord so much importance as I wud 2 religion in relationships...I feel d@ I shud b able 2 hav similar views wit som1 I share intimacy wit..we shud b able 2 agree on major things..it won't b a problm 4 som1 hu dosnt accord importance 2 dier religion as I do cos 2 me,my faith is my life guide..now if I believe so much in my faith nd am datin som1 hu also believes so much in his faith,it wud b impossible 2 relate except if we wnt 2 decieve ourselves nd pretend lyk we dnt hav different faiths...ders only 1 God nd evrybody is a believer of som1 sort 2 a higher bein..wen we start havin children,as a mother I wud wnt 2 train up my children..d conflicts wud arise here cos its either we jus ignore d children nd let dem do woteva dey lyk(which is not a gud upbringin) or confuse dem...am a christian,my husband might wnt his kids 2b muslims which may nt go down well wit me nd evn if it dos,how wud I teach dem somthin I hav no idea of?dis are my reasons y I cnt marry anoda religion...cos I wud sure wnt 2 build up a one-faith foundation....dis ofcus cud b of no importance 2 som1 else...
Re: We Agreed To End A 3 Years Relationship Due To Religious Differences. by neyostica: 9:18pm On Apr 01, 2012
^^^^Just a handful, probably just 2%, thats a bad stat, religion plays a major role, when u talk of diff rites, childrens names, d religion dey wil take, e.t.c
Re: We Agreed To End A 3 Years Relationship Due To Religious Differences. by Saraha1(f): 9:50pm On Apr 01, 2012
no choice than to let them go
Re: We Agreed To End A 3 Years Relationship Due To Religious Differences. by Nobody: 6:57am On Apr 02, 2012
Sarah a: I dated two guys on different occassion who are both muslim i had no choice than to let them go because my family will never support such things.so it better we quit than wasting our precious time.
Did you just mean you allowed those uncircumcised shaft into your punny? Goddamitt unholy rods into a blessed spiritual territory''.
Re: We Agreed To End A 3 Years Relationship Due To Religious Differences. by honeric01(m): 7:49am On Apr 02, 2012
neyostica: ^^^^Stop the blasphemy, those were acts to spread the gospel n show them the way of love, which wasnt seyi's wife motive, she's of d body

And how do you intend spreading the gospel if you are running away from the same people you should be using your "light" to attract? she's of the body? which body?
Re: We Agreed To End A 3 Years Relationship Due To Religious Differences. by honeric01(m): 7:57am On Apr 02, 2012
The funniest thing i have noticed on this thread is how some people try to make themselves better than others in another religion but end up committing the same sins the ones in the other religion commit too.

What makes a christian different from a Muslim if you still do what the latter does? By the way, what about pastors that marry prostitutes and confirmed sinners, are they also doing the wrong thing?

Someone accused me of blasphemy because i stated what was written in the bible, neyostica, even the way you type shows your hypocritical lifestyle, you used foul languages that a real christian is not suppose to use and also judge others by claiming some are not true Christians.

Your fruit does not show the seed of a real christian so please you're not qualified to "tell" who's a real christian or who shouldn't marry another faith based on the way you type alone.

1 Like

Re: We Agreed To End A 3 Years Relationship Due To Religious Differences. by cinammon(f): 9:08am On Apr 02, 2012
because som so called pastors do wrong dosnt min evrybody shud jus flow wit d tide...woteva religion u r,its up 2 u 2 kip up d standards..nobody is honorin 1 ova another...it u feel it is so much comfortable 2 b in a relationship wit som1 hu dosnt bliv in wot u stand 4 all gud 4 u...ofcus wen d kids com u wud hav 2 make up 4 wot names dey bare especially if ur partner is committed 2 dier faith,u wud hav 2 watch ur kids grow up not takin any religion serios,u wud hav 2 build a home where u all can't pray 2 God in a similar manner,how wud u evn encourage ur child 2 pray wen dey dnt hav d foundationas far as am concerned religion is a strong criteria except ofcus one was brought up 4rm a mixed marriage background...it goes on nd on...it dosnt guarantee d@ u wud hav a grt luv lyf buh anythin built on a shaky foundation wud neva b firm...

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Is It Wise To Have Your Ex's Contacts? / My Funny Experience At Airforce Base Kaduna... / besty_)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.