Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,214 members, 7,839,134 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 02:14 PM

We Agreed To End A 3 Years Relationship Due To Religious Differences. - Romance (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / We Agreed To End A 3 Years Relationship Due To Religious Differences. (7579 Views)

Please Help, My 4 Years Relationship Seems To Be Crashing Down / My Six Years Relationship Almost Crashing / Would You End A Beautiful Relationship Over Religious Differences? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: We Agreed To End A 3 Years Relationship Due To Religious Differences. by honeric01(m): 7:46pm On Apr 05, 2012
peziz: Following this thread, the arguments, e-fights and misunderstanding of other fellow Nl comments, i now declare this thread officially closed. Haba!!! Honeric you no try at all ooh! U just took over my thread. Lol! Nice coments though, but in all your opinion cannot be forced down on other people view of such relationship. Good to know ur relationship with your girl is stable. For those who think that wasn't love or what we had couldn't conquer d so called barrier we had, mehn! That's so your opinion and you are entitled to your own way of thinking. Still would welcome a lesson or two on how to love or rather be in love when a relationship. Thank you cinammon, killz, honeric and others who gave me new insights on inter religious relationships. Y'all are greatly appreciated.

Just because my opinion came contrary to yours and that in your support, it means i am forcing them down your throat? the last time i checked, i didn't force anyone to support or agree with me, i just see life differently from the way the 'norm" see life.

1 Like

Re: We Agreed To End A 3 Years Relationship Due To Religious Differences. by kelz88(f): 7:54pm On Apr 05, 2012
My grandad was Jewish, grandma protestant=BIG DEAL!
My mom Catholic, my dad. . . errr. . . ?? Nothing?Lol.Well, he went to church with us and all that but didn't agree with some things, especially second collection for roof repair type-thing. BIG DEAL! Now he goes to church more than his children put together.

Anyways, my point is religious differences shouldn't be a barrier.

I have friends with Christian dad/Muslim mom and vise versa, or Catholic dad/Anglican mom BIG DEAL!

It's all about love, compromise, respect ETC.

Imagine my mom didn't go with my dad cos of religion. Kai!! Dem for no born me sha. cry
Re: We Agreed To End A 3 Years Relationship Due To Religious Differences. by honeric01(m): 8:23pm On Apr 05, 2012
Thank God for these verses in the SAME bible we Christians read.

I Cor. 7 : 12 - 16 says:

12 But to the rest speak I, not the Lord: If any brother hath a wife that believeth not, and she be pleased to dwell with him, let him not put her away.

13 And the woman which hath an husband that believeth not, and if he be pleased to dwell with her, let her not leave him.

14 For the unbelieving husband is sanctified by the wife, and the unbelieving wife is sanctified by the husband: else were your children unclean; but now are they holy.

15 But if the unbelieving depart, let him depart. A brother or a sister is not under bondage in such cases: but God hath called us to peace.

16 For what knowest thou, O wife, whether thou shalt save thy husband? or how knowest thou, O man, whether thou shalt save thy wife?

2 Likes

Re: We Agreed To End A 3 Years Relationship Due To Religious Differences. by peziz(f): 8:04am On Apr 06, 2012
honeric01:

Just because my opinion came contrary to yours and that in your support, it means i am forcing them down your throat? the last time i checked, i didn't force anyone to support or agree with me, i just see life differently from the way the 'norm" see life.
Ok.
Re: We Agreed To End A 3 Years Relationship Due To Religious Differences. by Nobody: 1:54am On Apr 11, 2012
claremont: Whenever I see threads like this, I always thank God/gods that I'm an Atheist! grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

You're not.
I saw you leaving church this past Easter...don't lie! wink
Re: We Agreed To End A 3 Years Relationship Due To Religious Differences. by anonymus11: 7:30pm On Apr 18, 2012
Killz.:
^^^
Abeg leave that discombobulated boy jare. . . He's neither here nor there. Ask him to go to Borno state and marry from there, and you'll see him making lame excuses. . . NEXT!

[color=#000030]
u dis simbi with a pointed rumba, u hv started must u be a foot mat for e-fights on nl. cant u contain ya self for once. i have warned u get together with precampus close to nl quickly so u dnt miss d opportunity of career. after dis year i doubt sch cert will be available dnt know if special center wld allow u. ..........................GCE computer wld scream error at ya name, u knw how many times u hv registered in d past. u otokotoko look like only a little on d bleached side, nl wont feed ur kindred. ..................ur own igbo must have cotonou blood attached becuz u r a waste to humanity. no education no job no gf nothing oh sorry u have title on nl even seun doesnt consider u worthy of an mod. probably dt wld have helped ya resume get job for lobbying tout dt steal votes in election. segeme with an invert corma ear, listen oh u r getting aged by d atom of years.
Re: We Agreed To End A 3 Years Relationship Due To Religious Differences. by DECOtech(m): 10:05pm On Apr 19, 2012
seedord247: I hate seeing this religious sh1t everyday . .. I thank God for my family. I can even date a Ogun worshipper. grin

hmm. The "anything goes" kind me family.
Re: We Agreed To End A 3 Years Relationship Due To Religious Differences. by supaguy(m): 1:28am On Dec 26, 2012
peziz: I and my boyfriend decided to end our 3yr old relationship today. When he called this morning and told me he has been thinking about the christainity and islamic factor which we see as a barrier in other for us to be together, he decided to call it quits with me, and i accepted even though it hurts badly and i still sob as i type this. All the same i still think it could be for the best as i don't intend staying in a relationship that long again without been sure of the outcome. He was so good to me and i hope to get someone as great as he was after my healing process is over.

Hi Op... Hope the healing process is over smiley
Re: We Agreed To End A 3 Years Relationship Due To Religious Differences. by tpia5: 2:04am On Dec 26, 2012
why so many chrislam threads.
Re: We Agreed To End A 3 Years Relationship Due To Religious Differences. by peziz(f): 12:13pm On Jan 23, 2013
supaguy:

Hi Op... Hope the healing process is over smiley
oh! yes it's been over. Thanks.
Re: We Agreed To End A 3 Years Relationship Due To Religious Differences. by Goodlucktaiwo(m): 4:58pm On Jan 23, 2013
Click on this link http://www.ikuyajolusmart..com/
and follow the instruction pay 1k each to the person in position #3 and #4 then text the teller details to them.
Wish you goodluck
Re: We Agreed To End A 3 Years Relationship Due To Religious Differences. by supaguy(m): 12:55pm On Jan 29, 2013
peziz: oh! yes it's been over. Thanks.
kool... was thinking of helping out with that wink
Re: We Agreed To End A 3 Years Relationship Due To Religious Differences. by sexybash(f): 2:05pm On Jan 29, 2013
seedord247: I hate seeing this religious sh1t everyday . .. I thank God for my family. I can even date a Ogun worshipper. grin

you got me laughing sha
Re: We Agreed To End A 3 Years Relationship Due To Religious Differences. by sexybash(f): 2:09pm On Jan 29, 2013
tuniski: This is unfortunate. I am just over this bigotry and fraud of religion myself. 12 yrs of loving and standing strong training d xtain lady thru university and her siblings only for her and family to come up with this nonsense of me being a moslem as if i wasnt a moslem all along. Well i have moved on, she waited to pick up a job with a bank to show this callousness of religious fraud. She has since lost the job and i always remember to pray for her as she is now in her thirties still single and now attending vigils and all manners of church activities. Love conquers all religion in this sense is a fraud!!!!!!
you sure sayu no be you use your mallam jazz hold her? take heart sha grin
Re: We Agreed To End A 3 Years Relationship Due To Religious Differences. by peziz(f): 8:08pm On May 23, 2018
supaguy:

kool... was thinking of helping out with that wink
Life!!!! grin grin grin I revisited this thread and I can’t seem to stop laughing. I got married to this man above and it has been bliss. God truly directs his own. I’m so blessed.
Who knew this would ever happen. Supaguy!!

1 Like

Re: We Agreed To End A 3 Years Relationship Due To Religious Differences. by Dyt(f): 8:30pm On May 23, 2018
peziz:

Life!!!! grin grin grin I revisited this thread and I can’t seem to stop laughing. I got married to this man above and it has been bliss. God truly directs his own. I’m so blessed.

Wow
But you didn't invite us ooo
Re: We Agreed To End A 3 Years Relationship Due To Religious Differences. by peziz(f): 8:39pm On May 23, 2018
Dyt:

Wow
But you didn't invite us ooo

smileyI apologize. I guess I didn’t even remember this post then. Lol
Re: We Agreed To End A 3 Years Relationship Due To Religious Differences. by Dyt(f): 8:42pm On May 23, 2018
peziz:

smileyI apologize. I guess I didn’t even remember this post then. Lol

You mean it's been years?
Oh my my

May God continue to bless your home
Re: We Agreed To End A 3 Years Relationship Due To Religious Differences. by peziz(f): 8:56pm On May 23, 2018
Dyt:

You mean it's been years?
Oh my my

May God continue to bless your home
Lol not years, it’s recent.
Thank you.
Re: We Agreed To End A 3 Years Relationship Due To Religious Differences. by Johnayoola(m): 9:18pm On May 23, 2018
peziz:

congrat
Re: We Agreed To End A 3 Years Relationship Due To Religious Differences. by unleemited: 10:25pm On May 23, 2018
peziz:

So nice of you to revisit the post.
And nicer still to learn you followed your heart and you are happy.
Inter religious marriages are quite scary to be honest.

but then Muslim guys can be so irresistibly sweet... lol
Re: We Agreed To End A 3 Years Relationship Due To Religious Differences. by peziz(f): 10:30pm On May 23, 2018
Johnayoola:
congrat
smiley Thank you.
Re: We Agreed To End A 3 Years Relationship Due To Religious Differences. by peziz(f): 10:31pm On May 23, 2018
unleemited:

So nice of you to revisit the post.
And nicer still to learn you followed your heart and you are happy.
Inter religious marriages are quite scary to be honest.

but then Muslim guys can be so irresistibly sweet... lol
Hahaha Thank you.
Re: We Agreed To End A 3 Years Relationship Due To Religious Differences. by bobkezel(m): 11:07pm On May 23, 2018
People who end their relationship cos of religion, tribe, politics are plain immature.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Why You Should Not Overspend This Valentine. / My Funny Experience At Airforce Base Kaduna... / BIRTHDAY: Nicki Minaj Sets Internet Ablaze With Sultry Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.