Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,226 members, 7,839,190 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 02:54 PM

Atheist? Come With Your Questions. - Religion (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Atheist? Come With Your Questions. (16184 Views)

Atheist Come In And Check The Real Meaning of Faith. / Seun Kuti Is Happy, He Is An Atheist / Atheist Feel Free To Ask Your Questions (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Atheist? Come With Your Questions. by LogicMind: 6:22pm On Apr 03, 2012
ea7:
Jesus christ you are dumb (no offense to stupid people). Humans do make humans through s.x.

jack 65 was right, you ARE a joke. You can't even write properly. The analogy is the same, we see people making these things so it's natural to ask who made this painting.

maybe some paintings fall of the sky. i guess they paint in heaven to cope with the boredom.
Re: Atheist? Come With Your Questions. by snthesis(m): 7:55pm On Apr 03, 2012
ea7:
Jesus christ you are dumb (no offense to stupid people). Humans do make humans through s.x.

jack 65 was right, you ARE a joke. You can't even write properly. The analogy is the same, we see people making these things so it's natural to ask who made this painting.

"Humans make humans through intimacy" who created the sexual organs for female and Male, the necessary exact mix of chromosomes - u nid to read up on ur biology to appreciate the work it took to create you. A MasterCraftsman indeed.

Now I made reference to a simple two/three dimesional object- a painting with no life. And yet you fail to draw inference on sumtin more beautiful- YoU. YOU were fearfully and wonderfully created by God.

1 Like

Re: Atheist? Come With Your Questions. by Jack65: 8:49pm On Apr 03, 2012
Lol! Common people this guy is probably on IT and has nothing better to do with a computer and a free connection. Ignore him, its not worth it.
Re: Atheist? Come With Your Questions. by snthesis(m): 9:36pm On Apr 03, 2012
Jack65: Lol! Common people this guy is probably on IT and has nothing better to do with a computer and a free connection. Ignore him, its not worth it.
Is ur existence worth it?
Re: Atheist? Come With Your Questions. by thehomer: 9:38pm On Apr 03, 2012
snthesis:

i answered your question thru and thru

1. i call Him, "The Almighty"

This is not a name, it is a "title". A name is something like Baal, Akhenaten, Jehovah, Vishnu, Jesus, Quetzalcoatl, Thor, Zeus etc. Titles are something like "the greatest", "the most holy" etc. So does he have a name?

snthesis:
2. clarification: this thread is for atheist! i also went ahead to define Atheism: (the theory or belief that God does not exist)i am not in this thread to discuss weather there are multiple "gods" or not, i'll open another thread for that.

I thought the thread was requesting for questions. I'm asking questions. I didn't ask on the number of Gods but on why you believe in the particular named God that you believe in.
Re: Atheist? Come With Your Questions. by mkmyers45(m): 10:20pm On Apr 03, 2012
jmoore:

God gave us freewill which is evident as you are questioning his existence right now. He did not create robots.
Is God know all?
Re: Atheist? Come With Your Questions. by Kay17: 12:49am On Apr 04, 2012
@snthesis

Atheism is not a theory, not a school of thought in science. Neither is it a religion, those who don't have a religion are atheists, no matter how evangelical they seem to be.

Why is there no God?? I think the God idea is introducing a greater complexity to explain a lesser one. Its too ineffective. I do think Nature is perfectly capable of weaving complexities including us.

A painting found on Mars, would imply its a product of man because we know the causal history of paintings. Nature too has its gallery, beautiful sceneries, even a stain on the wall could betray amazing geometry.
Re: Atheist? Come With Your Questions. by ea7(m): 6:17am On Apr 04, 2012
Myers and Kay, don't bother with him. He'll just repeat himself over and over.
Re: Atheist? Come With Your Questions. by snthesis(m): 8:07am On Apr 04, 2012
thehomer:

This is not a name, it is a "title". A name is something like Baal, Akhenaten, Jehovah, Vishnu, Jesus, Quetzalcoatl, Thor, Zeus etc. Titles are something like "the greatest", "the most holy" etc. So does he have a name
its a title to you, but a name to me.

thehomer:

I thought the thread was requesting for questions. I'm asking questions. I didn't ask on the number of Gods but on why you believe in the particular named God that you believe in.
and my response has always repeatedly been- i believe in HIM because i see the works of His hands. This is akin to an artist being recognised by his paintings.

and in logic terms

If you arent self-Created
it means you have a Maker- a God.
Re: Atheist? Come With Your Questions. by snthesis(m): 8:12am On Apr 04, 2012
Kay 17: @snthesis

Atheism is not a theory, not a school of thought in science. Neither is it a religion, those who don't have a religion are atheists, no matter how evangelical they seem to be.

Why is there no God?? I think the God idea is introducing a greater complexity to explain a lesser one. Its too ineffective. I do think Nature is perfectly capable of weaving complexities including us.

A painting found on Mars, would imply its a product of man because we know the causal history of paintings. Nature too has its gallery, beautiful sceneries, even a stain on the wall could betray amazing geometry.

the definition of atheism isnt mine- it was culled from a dictionary.

basically you believe in Nature? in other words you were made by Nature? so do you agree that you werent self created but made?
Re: Atheist? Come With Your Questions. by Kay17: 9:31am On Apr 04, 2012
^^^
There is no dictionary on earth, that defines atheism as a religion or theory.

Self created?? Lol! No. If I was created, I would have an objectively discernible purpose and the presence of a creator.

A problem with God is, if man as ordinary as he is requires a Cause, wouldn't God??
Re: Atheist? Come With Your Questions. by Enigma(m): 9:43am On Apr 04, 2012
From http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/atheism

atheism means:
noun
the doctrine or belief that there is no God.
disbelief in the existence of a supreme being or beings

In any event it has been proven conclusively on this forum both from intellectual and legal perspectives that evangelical atheism in particular is certainly now a religion.

https://www.nairaland.com/546562/atheism-religion/9#9232422

cool

1 Like

Re: Atheist? Come With Your Questions. by snthesis(m): 10:37am On Apr 04, 2012
Kay 17: ^^^

If I was created, I would have an objectively discernible purpose and the presence of a creator.

basically, because you seemingly feel purposeless about your life - it translates to Self-Creation

A problem with God is, if man as ordinary as he is requires a Cause, wouldn't God??

you are jumping the gun.
First step is to determine if you were Created or Self Created
if you admit to being Created - this implies that you have a Maker, a God

if you admit to being Self-Created, i would like you to state that there were no external Hands involved in your Self-Creation.

1 Like

Re: Atheist? Come With Your Questions. by Kay17: 11:55am On Apr 04, 2012
snthesis:

basically, because you seemingly feel purposeless about your life - it translates to Self-Creation
No it does translate to that. And self creation is as impossible as miracles.

snthesis: you are jumping the gun.
First step is to determine if you were Created or Self Created
if you admit to being Created - this implies that you have a Maker, a God
Its obvious there was a natural process involved in our emergence into the world: reproduction. that's not God.

[/quote]

Enigma's quote:
The doctrine or belief that there is no God.

Thus a religion??
Re: Atheist? Come With Your Questions. by thehomer: 12:03pm On Apr 04, 2012
snthesis:
its a title to you, but a name to me.

Hmm maybe you need to learn what a name of a being is. Since you refuse to tell us the name of this God of yours, can you tell us how you came to know what he wants?

snthesis:
and my response has always repeatedly been- i believe in HIM because i see the works of His hands. This is akin to an artist being recognised by his paintings.

and in logic terms

If you arent self-Created
it means you have a Maker- a God.

Your so called logic terms fails. Humans aren't created, they are born so your conclusion there does not follow.
Also, saying you believe in some God because you can see humans makes no more sense than saying you believe in some God because you see a stone at the bottom of a pool. Such loose associations don't demonstrate anything.
Re: Atheist? Come With Your Questions. by thehomer: 12:09pm On Apr 04, 2012
Kay 17:
Enigma's quote:

Thus a religion??

Actually, there is a second definition there which is being avoided.

disbelief in the existence of a supreme being or beings

Maybe these faith-heads can tell us how that becomes a religion.
Re: Atheist? Come With Your Questions. by Miroslavklose: 12:15pm On Apr 04, 2012
Kay 17:
Enigma's quote:

Thus a religion??
Might not necessarily mean a religion but there exist similarities
Re: Atheist? Come With Your Questions. by snthesis(m): 1:46pm On Apr 04, 2012
Kay 17:
No it does translate to that. And self creation is as impossible as miracles.

Its obvious there was a natural process involved in our emergence into the world: reproduction. that's not God

so u agree that Self- Creation of urself is impossible which connates that you agree that you were Created as such u have a Maker, a God.

can u please shed more light on this "natural process" , i want to learn

1 Like

Re: Atheist? Come With Your Questions. by Nobody: 1:54pm On Apr 04, 2012
snthesis:

so u agree that Self- Creation of urself is impossible which connates that you agree that you were Created as such u have a Maker, a God.

can u please shed more light on this "natural process" , i want to learn

You're right. Except it wasn't "God" who created the universe. Your "God" is an impostor!!!

The real "God" who created the universe is so complex, that if you tried to figure it/him/her/they out, you will have a brain aneurysm.
That's what it says in the Holy Book of The Way. The book is infallible, just so you know.
Re: Atheist? Come With Your Questions. by snthesis(m): 2:01pm On Apr 04, 2012
thehomer:

Your so called logic terms fails. Humans aren't created, they are born so your conclusion there does not follow.
Also, saying you believe in some God because you can see humans makes no more sense than saying you believe in some God because you see a stone at the bottom of a pool. Such loose associations don't demonstrate anything.

**typing really really slowly** when i make reference to "you" i expected with the level of intelligence spewing around here that the "You" refers to our specie, Man"

"humans aren't created, they are born" and who gave birth to the 1st human?

thehomer:

are u saying u are a piece of stone

anyways i am teaching based on everyday analogies the "intelligent " folks here can relate with, no need to talk on Virtual particles, radioactive decay, photons bla bla bla.

i defined d word - God.
and gave an explicit relationship between God and the creation.

if you "Man" create a robot
you "Man" are a god unto the robot
and the robot is ur creation.

i also gave an analogy on the attributes of a creation
anything that was not self-made is a Creation and has a Maker, a God.

and i asked simply were you "Man" self made?
if you say yes, then man is a God unto itself, otherwise Man is a creation with a Maker, a God.

1 Like

Re: Atheist? Come With Your Questions. by Nobody: 2:04pm On Apr 04, 2012
snthesis:
**typing really really slowly** when i make reference to "you" i expected with the level of intelligence spewing around here that the "You" refers to our specie, Man"
"humans aren't created, they are born" and who gave birth to the 1st human?
are u saying u are a piece of stone
anyways i am teaching based on everyday analogies the "intelligent " folks here can relate with, no need to talk on Virtual particles, radioactive decay, photons bla bla bla.
i defined d word - God.
and gave an explicit relationship between God and the creation.
if you "Man" create a robot
you "Man" are a god unto the robot
and the robot is ur creation.
i also gave an analogy on the attributes of a creation
anything that was not self-made is a Creation and has a Maker, a God.
and i asked simply were you "Man" self made?
if you say yes, then man is a God unto itself, otherwise Man is a creation with a Maker, a God.

Your analogies and rhetoric are as ridiculous as your fake bible god.

Martian:

You're right. Except it wasn't "God" who created the universe. Your "God" is an impostor!!!

The real "God" who created the universe is so complex, that if you tried to figure it/him/her/they out, you will have a brain aneurysm.
That's what it says in the Holy Book of The Way. The book is infallible, just so you know.
Re: Atheist? Come With Your Questions. by snthesis(m): 2:11pm On Apr 04, 2012
Martian:

Your analogies and rhetoric are as ridiculous as your fake bible god.

now why are you bringing religion into this

Martian:

That's what it says in the Holy Book of The Way. The book is infallible, just so you know

anyways from your quote you inadvertently agreed that there is a God.

His nature is not up for discussion in this thread, thanks dude tongue
Re: Atheist? Come With Your Questions. by Enigma(m): 2:30pm On Apr 04, 2012
There is no dictionary on earth, that defines atheism as a religion or theory.

Self created?? Lol! No. If I was created, I would have an objectively discernible purpose and the presence of a creator.

Kay 17: . . .
Enigma's quote:

Thus a religion??

Are you tryng to argue that someting called a doctrine or belief is outside the scope of religion or theory?

Meanwhile, I see you are silent on the other point that evangelical atheism in particular has been proven conclusively to be a religion ---- both intellectually and legally/judicially. smiley

cool
Re: Atheist? Come With Your Questions. by Nobody: 2:35pm On Apr 04, 2012
snthesis:

Yea, pretend that your concept of god is not the biblical one.

snthesis:
anyways from your quote you inadvertently agreed that there is a God.
[b]His [/b]nature is not up for discussion in this thread, thanks dude tongue

Tongue in cheek. It just went over your head.
Re: Atheist? Come With Your Questions. by Nobody: 2:37pm On Apr 04, 2012
snthesis: are you an atheist? do you have questions about your maker- God? bring it on, dont by shy? but please come with an open mind. your questions will be answered logically, which i know appeals to you.I can understand how lonely it must feel and i am here as a medium to comfort and guide you back to Him that made you.

snthesis:

Since you want to pretend that you're not refering to the christian god, let's see if you can answer some questions logically.

Can you tell us why you believe in the existence of this particular God,why you refer to him as a male, how you know he is responsible for "creation" and how everyone else(especially atheists) should come to know what you know. Also, tell us why you think the "creator" is singular.

Since there is no religion involved, please do not use a holy book, religious dogma/doctrines, anecdotes, or personal beliefs.
Re: Atheist? Come With Your Questions. by snthesis(m): 2:57pm On Apr 04, 2012
Martian:

Since you want to pretend that you're not refering to the christian god, let's see if you can answer some questions logically.

Can you tell us why you believe in the existence of this particular God,why you refer to him as a male, how you know he is responsible for "creation" and how everyone else(especially atheists) should come to know what you know. Also, tell us why you think the "creator" is singular.

Since there is no religion involved, please do not use a holy book, religious dogma/doctrines, anecdotes, or personal beliefs.

dude, ive been down that road, read my replies, it wud educate you.
p.s
this thread is foremost to proof the existence of a God, His attributes gender, color is for another thread.

p.s 2 grin
vessels are referred to as "she" does that mean vessels have life?

1 Like

Re: Atheist? Come With Your Questions. by Nobody: 3:01pm On Apr 04, 2012
snthesis:

dude, ive been down that road, read my replies, it wud educate you.
p.s
this thread is foremost to proof the existence of a God, His attributes gender, color is for another thread.

p.s 2 grin
vessels are referred to as "she" does that mean vessels have life?

F#ck this. This guy is ret@arded. lol.....that's from reading your replies. grin
Re: Atheist? Come With Your Questions. by Nobody: 3:03pm On Apr 04, 2012
snthesis:

duh!! which claims, just take a walk outside, breathe in the air, look at the sky, feel the breeze, watch a baby smile, see a dog bark its tail, butterflies floating, marvel at this wonderful works and b in awe.

"'they may be ever seeing but never perceiving, and ever hearing but never understanding; otherwise they might turn and be forgiven!'"

Damn simpleton. lol grin. What about the baby dying from leukemia?

p.s grin why are you quoting mark 4 12, if religion is not involved?
Re: Atheist? Come With Your Questions. by snthesis(m): 3:27pm On Apr 04, 2012
Martian:

Damn simpleton. lol grin. What about the baby dying from leukemia?

p.s grin why are you quoting mark 4 12, if religion is not involved?

yea, what about the baby
why is whitney dead and not Bobby
why was i born a jamaican
bla bla bla
it changes nothing

Martian:

Damn simpleton. lol grin.

I will use the simple things of the world to comfound the "wise" cool

Martian:

why are you quoting mark 4 12, if religion is not involved?

to you it's mark 4, 12
... to me it's Word.
Re: Atheist? Come With Your Questions. by Nobody: 3:35pm On Apr 04, 2012
nothin iz funnier than religion and religious folks. i mean their sense of reasoning, very funny indeed.
Re: Atheist? Come With Your Questions. by Valon4ego(m): 4:12pm On Apr 04, 2012
Just to make my debut in this section. Hello to you all

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply)

SIX Extremely Ridiculous Beliefs Atheists Have And Their Simple Rebuttals / Praying Through The God Of Your Pastor/general Overseer / Brian Deacon Sends A Message To Christians "I Am Not Jesus Christ"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.