Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,204 members, 7,839,104 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 01:50 PM

Atheist? Come With Your Questions. - Religion (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Atheist? Come With Your Questions. (16183 Views)

Atheist Come In And Check The Real Meaning of Faith. / Seun Kuti Is Happy, He Is An Atheist / Atheist Feel Free To Ask Your Questions (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Atheist? Come With Your Questions. by Nobody: 6:43am On Apr 05, 2012
Atheists in nigeria especially look for a reason to act the way they do nd use their conclusions dt God doesn't exist to behave d way they want. Have u taken time to listen to what u think...the way u want God to think? God is not u and as such cannot behave juvenile. Ur words yo nigga nd stuff r morally wrong, even if ur atheist, ur mind judges u on those words. Simple fact is, if man creates, who created man? The fact that ur subconscious concludes for u that there is a supernatural force out there, that is more than enough for u to conclude dt God exists. Av gone thru all dis questioning nd I still cannot find a reason to believe that God does nt exist. So quit all these questioning if ur confused nd go for counselling. GOD REALLY EXISTS. Your just afraid to accept it based on what happens in d world today

1 Like

Re: Atheist? Come With Your Questions. by Nobody: 6:54am On Apr 05, 2012
kinesis: Atheists in nigeria especially look for a reason to act the way they do nd use their conclusions dt God doesn't exist to behave d way they want. Have u taken time to listen to what u think...the way u want God to think? God is not u and as such cannot behave juvenile. Ur words yo nigga nd stuff r morally wrong, even if ur atheist, ur mind judges u on those words. Simple fact is, if man creates, who created man? The fact that ur subconscious concludes for u that there is a supernatural force out there, that is more than enough for u to conclude dt God exists. Av gone thru all dis questioning nd I still cannot find a reason to believe that God does nt exist. So quit all these questioning if ur confused nd go for counselling. GOD REALLY EXISTS. Your just afraid to accept it based on what happens in d world today
When are you going to learn to use the little ball you have up there? How do you believe your subconscious mind is telling you the fact? You put it to test. From the test you find many things attractive and apply them to real world phenomenon. Things which don't work with real life phenomenon would be discarded and continue to be referenced and with time they come to what might transpired of what would link to them to justify the actual fact regarding their nature and parts of nature which they are. Not just by concluding in your mind something is like what you think it is without putting it to test.

Jeez! Theists are annoying some times!
Re: Atheist? Come With Your Questions. by Kay17: 7:57am On Apr 05, 2012
Enigma:

And so too evangelical atheism involves dogma, morality, faith . . wink

Anyway, I say again that it has been proven conclusively that evangelical atheism is a religion --- from both intellectual and legal/judicial perspectives. smiley

cool
pls do provide such characteristics which prove evangelical atheists are "religious"
melek: " D fool hath said in his heart, there is no God" Psalm 14:1
Christ is waiting patiently for u to confess ur sins &accept His FREE salvation, which cost Him His life @calvary. He won't force u, He only wants u 2come by choice. The Lord is long-suffering towards us, not willing that any should perish,but that all shd come 2repentance. 2peter 3:9. How I wish u'll get wiser, make d right choice &save ur soul @last.
I pray 4u!
Don't you realize that, there wouldn't be the need for salvation if your God wasn't incompetent enough to lose control of his creation.
Re: Atheist? Come With Your Questions. by AngelEbi(f): 8:00am On Apr 05, 2012
*reading thread with eyes popping out of their sockets* lipsrsealed*reading thread with eyes popping out of their sockets*
Re: Atheist? Come With Your Questions. by snthesis(m): 8:18am On Apr 05, 2012
**reading the discussions from afar****

and ofcourse in my seemingly absence i didnt reply to any of the post even though i created the thread - does that mean i dont exist grin

nw lets see whr did we stop

1 Like

Re: Atheist? Come With Your Questions. by snthesis(m): 8:38am On Apr 05, 2012
thehomer:

Yes humans evolved.

manmustwac:
YES! Mankind evolved.
so lets c i get two affirmatives from two Atheist, and their basis of Man origin is Evolution.i guess i will tow d line that most Atheist believe in Evolution.

now lets define Evolution: Merriam-Webster's dictionary gives the following definition of evolution: "a theory that the various types of animals and plants have their origin in other preexisting types and that the distinguishable differences are due to modifications in successive generations"
p.s
i typed evolution in google and came across the cool site [url] http://www.conservapedia.com/Evolution[/url]

now lets break down evolution: from its definition "the origin of a new specie comes from other pre-existing specie" if this is true what/who created the very 1st specie
Re: Atheist? Come With Your Questions. by snthesis(m): 8:56am On Apr 05, 2012
thehomer:

Sorry but what you presented wasn't a definition of the word "God". Also, what happens if the heaven and the earth weren't created? Would that mean that what you're referring to as God doesn't exist?

No. Creating a robot doesn't make you omnipotent or omniscient. Creating a robot doesn't mean you can make its metal parts turn into salt by magic.

I said your question is meaningless because humans are born not made.

i think you are confused here- i never mentioned the xteristics of a being a God
i gave you the requirements to be a GOD

and i"ll repeat it.
What is God? God is Defined as a Creator, a Maker.

as i stated b4:
if a creature was not self created it implies it was made, it has a Maker , a God.
now if a creature is self Created, then it is a God unto itself.

now where does that leave Man
is Man a self Created Being?
if we are, it implies we are God(s)unto ourselves
but if we aren't, it implies we have a God.

and yes you can threaten to short circuit, melt, inactivate, destroy the Robot atwill, u know its inner workings you created it.you are its God.(you can also warn it not to view P.or,no sites, else it wud catch a virus grin)
Re: Atheist? Come With Your Questions. by ea7(m): 9:05am On Apr 05, 2012
snthesis:

so lets c i get two affirmatives from two Atheist, and their basis of Man origin is Evolution.i guess i will tow d line that most Atheist believe in Evolution.

now lets define Evolution: Merriam-Webster's dictionary gives the following definition of evolution: "a theory that the various types of animals and plants have their origin in other preexisting types and that the distinguishable differences are due to modifications in successive generations"
p.s
i typed evolution in google and came across the cool site [url] http://www.conservapedia.com/Evolution[/url]

now lets break down evolution: from its definition "the origin of a new specie comes from other pre-existing specie" if this is true what/who created the very 1st specie
If you go to conservapedia, you ain't getting accurate info. Though I doubt you are interested in accurate info as you must have skipped wikipedia at the top of the list. Besides, humans are still investigating abiogenesis, we will find out, we are not omniscient. Your god is and he says people think with their hearts. Well then. It seems you have dropped all pretense of not advocating the bible god. And my reply is this again, who made god?
Re: Atheist? Come With Your Questions. by ajibolanur: 9:09am On Apr 05, 2012
@ Atheists
What I have to tell you today is just that "there is God (only one)" and you have to believe in His supremacy. The same questions you are asking today has been asked during the lifetime of prophet Muhammad (SAW), he was asked by non-believers that if truly your God(Allah) is the lord, command the moon to split into two and Prophet did it by the power of almighty. You won't be surprised that they (non-believers) still claimed it was a mere magic and the prophet is a great magician for him to have done that. Despite the support of eyewitness, they still don't believe.
Holy Quran was revealed 1400years ago therein contained a chapter that corroborate the once split of the moon. Q54:1-4 which says "the hour came near and the moon was split 2)and if they see any sign they turn their faces and they say this is magic perpetual 3)and they belied and followed their desires...on and on like that.
"Modern evidence" Astronomers proved through photograph that Moon has a rift line across which indicates that it has once split and join. What else do you want as a proof to believe in existence of almighty. Please be guided and retrace your steps
http://www.youtube.com/watch%3Fv%3DnA52owyeSsU
Re: Atheist? Come With Your Questions. by ajibolanur: 9:10am On Apr 05, 2012
@ Atheists
What I have to tell you today is just that "there is God (only one)" and you have to belie. Ve in His supremacy. The same questions you are asking today has been asked during the lifetime of prophet Muhammad (SAW), he was asked by non-believers that if truly your God(Allah) is the lord, command the moon tro split into split and Prophet did it by the power of almighty. You won't be surprised that they (non-believers) still claimed it was a mere magic and the prophet is a great magician for him to have done that. Despite the support of eyewitness, they still don't believe.
Holy Quran was revealed 1400years therein contained a chapter that corroborate the once split of the moon. Q54:1-4 which says "the hour came near and the moon was split 2)and if they see any sign they turn their faces and they say this is magic perpetual 3)and they belied and followed their desires...on and on like that.
"Modern evidence" Astronomers proved through photograph that Moon has a rift line across which indicates that it has once split and join. What else do you want as a prov e to believe in existence of almighty. Please be guided and retrace your steps
Re: Atheist? Come With Your Questions. by Nobody: 9:12am On Apr 05, 2012
it wud be stupid to say i have not tesed what am saying. i dont js go behind d scene and come out with a phenomenal statement without backing. my personal experience with God, coupled by so many other factor have made me draw a conclusion that God exists. and its okay if u refuse to refute it. then u might as well say spirituality doesnt exist. u crave for knowledge that u cannot understand. yeah i know u need to understand everything but given the fact that u r God, how do u xpect mere mortals to understand ur existence

and as for theist being annoying, i think they r d most open people. it is the atheists that never want to listen, they only do to disprove the opinions of theists. so i find they on the verge of insanity, craving for too much knowledge. the science we all study will eventually equate with religion or christianity as i might say, but for some, it may be too late to reconsider their steps.

i have listened to atheist from my 100 level in skul nd still do not understand why they disprove Gods existence when it is staring them in the face.
Re: Atheist? Come With Your Questions. by snthesis(m): 9:32am On Apr 05, 2012
Jack65:

Actually, I want to believe and sometimes wish there really is a cosmic big brother up there who will answer all our prayers and make all our troubles go away. Who wouldn't want that ? If you've ever been to a hospital and see small children die or abandoned by their parents because they can no longer afford the treatments, then you should wonder like me where is god or the so-called men of god. I want to believe that there is god to take care of these kids (knowing that their parents prayed) to heal their sicknesses, but I can't because that god is no where to be found, nobody answers our prayers and I refuse to pretend otherwise like many Christians.

i honestly relate to your pain, and the truth is stuff like this are what turns theist into Atheist (with very. very good knowledge on religion). So, you have cried out and "noone heard your cry" bet u felt abadoned, all alone and as logically thinking beings u say to urself "if my Maker didnt hear me", it means He doesnt exist.

hmm!! i do i comfort you- lets see
1. He exists- He made you, and He knows you.
2. this Life is about you, and you alone- you carve ur own path.
2. Good things happen and so do bad things, - the nature of the activity is not what matters, its the lesson learnt- a kid dies, you can learn one of two lessons-(a) God is unfair, He is a Meanie, He is Non-challant etc. or (b)You learn to appreciate the gift called Life, you pay more attention to the needy,you realize the futility in grudges, etc, you make the most of each situation.
either of the decision taken changes nothing in the attributes of God, all it changes is you.
Re: Atheist? Come With Your Questions. by snthesis(m): 9:38am On Apr 05, 2012
ea7: If you go to conservapedia, you ain't getting accurate info. Though I doubt you are interested in accurate info as you must have skipped wikipedia at the top of the list. Besides, humans are still investigating abiogenesis, we will find out, we are not omniscient. Your god is and he says people think with their hearts. Well then. It seems you have dropped all pretense of not advocating the bible god. And my reply is this again, who made god?

thanks dude for the clarification, (i thot wikipedia was even more unreliable) anyways since you know best- can you give a very brief definition of Evolution i.e the concept and rationale. i dont want to make assumptions.Thanks
Re: Atheist? Come With Your Questions. by snthesis(m): 9:46am On Apr 05, 2012
jim jones:

amen, brother...amen. evidently, we best not take this...piece of clay up on his offer. i'm saying, i've heard better arguments from the sheep aka religious folks...and at best they were illogical, fact free, and foolish. but this op of ours is special...he thinks pretty highly of his abilities, while the evidence shows that his arguments are acutely imbecilic and well short of the already low bar the theist are famously known to hit.
come , let us reason together

you've said alot and yet said nothing.
if what i say is illogical disproof it with ur "logical" reasoning -i await albeit not with bated breathe
Re: Atheist? Come With Your Questions. by Enigma(m): 9:47am On Apr 05, 2012
Kay 17: pls do provide such characteristics which prove evangelical atheists are "religious" . . . .

For discussions and proof that evangelical atheism is a religion (indeed, a fundamentalist religion), please take time at your leisure to go through the following threads. smiley

https://www.nairaland.com/546562/atheism-religion/5#7135281

https://www.nairaland.com/298119/30-keys-being-effective-atheist/3#9580290

https://www.nairaland.com/765094/heard-there-different-kinds-atheism/2#9227593

cool
Re: Atheist? Come With Your Questions. by ea7(m): 9:48am On Apr 05, 2012
snthesis:

p.s

Re: Atheist? Come With Your Questions. by snthesis(m): 9:48am On Apr 05, 2012
mantraa: @idango
How do you know that you are worshipping the right god?
You did not choose where you were born. If you were born somewhere else you would probably be worshipping a different god.

Have a look at the different imaginary gods that people believe in, than ask yourself if you think your imaginary god is gonna send them all to hell just for being born into a different culture?

AFRICAN GODS
AUSTRALIAN GODS
AZTEC GODS
CARIBBEAN GODS
CELTIC GODS
CHINESE GODS
EGYPTIAN GODS
FINNISH GODS
GREEK GODS
INCAN GODS
INDIAN GODS
JAPANESE GODS
MAYAN GODS
MESOPOTAMIAN GODS
MIDDLE-EASTERN GODS
NATIVE AMERICAN GODS
NORSE GODS
OCEANIC GODS
ROMAN GODS
SLAVIC and BALTIC GODS
SOUTH AMERICAN GODS
SOUTH-EAST ASIAN
TIBETAN GODS

The're all there
http://www.godchecker.com/
urs is a case of too much god syndrome grin grin grin
Re: Atheist? Come With Your Questions. by mjconcept(m): 10:34am On Apr 05, 2012
snthesis:

i think you are confused here- i never mentioned the xteristics of a being a God

and i"ll repeat it.

as i stated b4:
if a creature was not self created it implies it was made, it has a Maker , a God.

and yes you can threaten to short circuit, melt, inactivate, destroy the Robot atwill, u know its inner workings you created it.you are its God.(you can also warn it not to view P.or,no sites, else it wud catch a virus grin)
You are confused here,ok you mention Robots Robots are made by man true but he didn't give it the free will as my loving God gave us rather he(man) choose to control the Robots at will.Take Computer for an example Computer is the combination of both softwares and hardwares without command it wouldn't work so man enslave Robots to do those their will both good and bad and if you still doubt give the Robots the free will and I'm sure one day it will rebel against you.
In conclusion Atheism doesn't make sense neither do that crap called theory of evolution.
Re: Atheist? Come With Your Questions. by mjconcept(m): 10:36am On Apr 05, 2012
snthesis:

and i"ll repeat it.

as i stated b4:

You are confused here,ok you mention Robots Robots are made by man true but he didn't give it the free will as my loving God gave us rather he(man) choose to control the Robots at will.Take Computer for an example Computer is the combination of both softwares and hardwares without command it wouldn't work so man enslave Robots to do those their will both good and bad and if you still doubt give the Robots the free will and I'm sure one day it will rebel against you.
In conclusion Atheism doesn't make sense neither do that crap called theory of evolution.
Re: Atheist? Come With Your Questions. by snthesis(m): 10:43am On Apr 05, 2012
Kay 17: I disagree with you. Man is not an object of creation. Ok prove otherwise.
d proof is in d eating of the pudding right grin

here's is my proof

now if a creature is self Created, then it is a God unto itself

now the following are hard facts not theories:

Man didnt decide to exist and it came to Pass.
Man had no will to its Creation
Man had an external factor in its creation.
Man is not Self Created thus this implies it was made
Re: Atheist? Come With Your Questions. by mazaje(m): 12:40pm On Apr 05, 2012
ajibolanur: @ Atheists
What I have to tell you today is just that "there is God (only one)" and you have to believe in His supremacy. The same questions you are asking today has been asked during the lifetime of prophet Muhammad (SAW), he was asked by non-believers that if truly your God(Allah) is the lord, command the moon to split into two and Prophet did it by the power of almighty. You won't be surprised that they (non-believers) still claimed it was a mere magic and the prophet is a great magician for him to have done that. Despite the support of eyewitness, they still don't believe.
Holy Quran was revealed 1400years ago therein contained a chapter that corroborate the once split of the moon. Q54:1-4 which says "the hour came near and the moon was split 2)and if they see any sign they turn their faces and they say this is magic perpetual 3)and they belied and followed their desires...on and on like that.
"Modern evidence" Astronomers proved through photograph that Moon has a rift line across which indicates that it has once split and join. What else do you want as a proof to believe in existence of almighty. Please be guided and retrace your steps
http://www.youtube.com/watch%3Fv%3DnA52owyeSsU

The islamic "scholar" in that you tube video is a LIAR who clearly doesn't know what he is talking about. . .There is NO study any where stating that the moon has once split and joined. . .Mohammed only divided the moon in the pages of the hadith and not in reality. . .NO astronomer has ever made that claim, it is muslims that have been lying to themselves after seeing picture of rifts on the moon, the rifts have nothing to do with the moon spliting into two, it is a LIE. . .
Re: Atheist? Come With Your Questions. by Nobody: 12:51pm On Apr 05, 2012
honestly humans want too much from God. u seek too many tins. if peeps dont die, hw do d one existing live? have u ever tot people die for a reason honestly even the atheists here dont have many valid statements to prove dat there is no God. av argued with philosophers...those r who i am looking for. people die but more r born. people make choices to whatever they do...no one is coerced into being evil or not...same applies to atheists. u have a choice to believe, but i wud say u are misinformed if u do not believe that God exists, whether xtian, moslem, hindu....even before the white man came with christianity, other gods existed and God almight was always the greatest...ps read up nd see how our native people do the appeasing god tin when they are about to drink.
Re: Atheist? Come With Your Questions. by thehomer: 4:13pm On Apr 05, 2012
snthesis:

So do many theists.

snthesis:
p.s

Maybe you should refer to biologists for a more apt definition.

snthesis:

You need to know that conservapaedia is a poor source of accurate information on such topics.

snthesis:

That isn't quite relevant to the theory of evolution or to the question at hand since whatever the "very 1st specie" was, it wasn't a single human or a pair of humans.
Re: Atheist? Come With Your Questions. by thehomer: 4:20pm On Apr 05, 2012
snthesis:

Does this then mean that initially, this God of yours wasn't omnipotent, omnipresent or omniscient but later came to have these properties and thus became a God?

snthesis:
and i"ll repeat it.

This is a poor definition because according to that definition, I'm a God, computer programmers are Gods, sculptors and potters are Gods etc.

snthesis:
as i stated b4:

This is a logical fallacy known as a false dichotomy. If one encounters a dog, the options on how it came to be there aren't that it either created itself or was made. Again, it could have been born.

snthesis:

You're still following your false dichotomy. I already answered this by telling you that humans are born.

snthesis:

But, can you turn it into a pillar of salt that still stands to this day?
Re: Atheist? Come With Your Questions. by harakiri(m): 5:22pm On Apr 05, 2012
@Religious folks. . .A few questions for you since that's what this thread is all about :

(1)How did Judas Iscariot die? Was it through hanging or falling?Let's take these two inconsistencies for starters:

(a) Matthew 27:5: Here Judas threw away the silver and went to hang himself and thus : JUDAS DIED BY COMMITTING SUICIDE.

(b) Acts 1:18: Here Judas bought a field with the silver,fell headlong and his intestines spew forth and thus : JUDAS DIED BY ACCIDENT (there is no proof of suicidal tendencies here rather Judas was investing his money in real estate).

(2)Who did Cain marry? Who are those mysterious people in the land of Nod? The bible clearly depicts another established civilization there so they are evidently NOT children of Adam and Eve.
Re: Atheist? Come With Your Questions. by Ayomivic(m): 5:42pm On Apr 05, 2012
harakiri: @synthesis

Yes.

Which maker? How did you come to this conclusion? Have you seen this "God" before? Do you have proof of it's existence?m Let me guess. . .it's from that same book of fables that was used in brainwashing your forefathers and the brainwashing session has been handed down from generation to generation and now, your unfortunate self is a victim. Pitiful.

Last time i checked, it's always the religious folks that have a problems answering straight forward questions. They are always the ones that buckle under. Shy? Don't be ridiculous. You don't even know what you're talking about 99.9% of the time and you're talking about shy.

Define and clearly explain what you mean by "open mind". Like i said earlier, folks like you hardly understand the words that come out of your mouths most of the time. You just spew words with little or no idea of what you're talking about. It is a known fact that Atheists (especially on this forum) have always asked BASIC SIMPLE QUESTIONS that require nothing more than AN OPEN MIND to answer them. Problem is. . .NO ONE HAS THE ANSWERS! All you know is what you've been brainwashed and spoon fed with. Period!

This must be the mother of all jokes. Logic? From religious folks? No logical person can believe unverifiable story tales without any concrete proof. No logical person believes donkeys talk. No rational person believes 5,000 people can be fed with 2 loaves of bread and 5 fish. No person with basic common sense will believe a virgin can get pregnant without having $ex. And you are there talking about "logic"? What rubbish!

Problem with dummies like yourselves is that you can't stand alone and think for yourself that is why you think those that are bold enough to put their brains to work must be miserable people. You are a very shallow human being,a religious zombie and vegetable and i don't even know why I'm responding to such a reetarded thread.

Nonsense! ! !
The bible is not just an history book,it is words of God to all human being on earth.The problems i noticed with the athiest on this thread are these. They did not believe the existece of God,they did not believe in miracle and they did not believe in someone recods but in what they see with their eyes.They are like someone whom they told that your grandfather gave birth to your father and your father gave birth to you but he says i don't believe that my father have father for i did not see him but i believe in my father that i see.But the true is that he has a grandfather weither he believes it or not.If he does not have grand father, how did his father come on earth?

All the questions the athiests were asking here the answer are in the Bible.Some one asked that 'why can't God appear in the sky and answer the questions?' When he did to Israelite on mount Sinai what did they say?They said they don't want to hear his voice, so that they would not die, and that Moses should speak to them instead and whatever God tells him and he speaks it to them they would believe him.These were the people that heard his voice,saw his miracles still some of them did not have total believe in him, like you.

Many athiests want proof of God existence and when they see one they won't believe it.They did not believe that donkey can talk, that 2 loaves of bread can be fed 5,000 people,that virgin can get pregnant without sex because they were not there and they did not see them.They believed in power and ability of men because they can see it,they believed that cars can move with man stearing it and without man stearing it,that remote can work on electonic garget even though they did not know what make it works like that. But the power and the abilities of God their creator that they are seeing every day they did not believe or have you ever thought of where the hair on your head come from ?,the nails in your fingers and toes where are they store?What make women bellies protrude when pregnat without busting? What did God use to make eyes that look like eggs?how can semen becomes human being?how did milk in women breasts got there? or who makes all these things be like that, tell me? You can not believe in God for Satan had blindfold you.

Know this God does not think as man think he does not look as man looks. so, don't ever equate your way of thinking with that of God.God called Abraham to teach him his way and through him to make know of his way to all the universe .It does not matter if you believe all the emisaries he sent to you, weither you believed or not one day he shall judge you and you will not have chance to repent if you do not repent now and your athiesm would not be able to save you.It would then occur to that you are not wise but foolish.

My advice for you is that you believe in God.
If you want to travel to some where you have not being to bèfore and someone told you that it is extremly cold at where you are about to go but you think it will be hot there. What will you do in preparation for your journey?If i were you, i will take along with me the blanket should in case there is extremly cold there as i was told .Think wise before it is too late for you.
Re: Atheist? Come With Your Questions. by Kay17: 6:39pm On Apr 05, 2012
snthesis:
d proof is in d eating of the pudding right grin

here's is my proof

now if a creature is self Created, then it is a God unto itself

now the following are hard facts not theories:

Man didnt decide to exist and it came to Pass.
Man had no will to its Creation
Man had an external factor in its creation.
Man is not Self Created thus this implies it was made

the first problem: is every effect an deliberate act by a purposeful and activating mind?

Second problem: if every effect is a result of a deliberative mind, when does the infinite regress halt?
Re: Atheist? Come With Your Questions. by Kay17: 6:53pm On Apr 05, 2012
Ayomivic:
The bible is not just an history book,it is words of God to all human being on earth.The problems i noticed with the athiest on this thread are these they did not believe the existece of God,they did not believe in miracle and they did not believe in someone recods but in what they see with their eyes.They are like someone whom the told that your grandfather gave birth to your father and your father gave birth to you but he says i don't believe that my father have father for i did not see him but i believe in wy father that i see.But the true is that he has a grandfather weither he believes it or not if he does not have grand father how did is father come on earth?

All the questions the athiest were asking here the answer are the bible.Some one asked that 'why can't God appear in the sky and answer the questions?' When he did to Israelite on mount Sinai what did they say?They said the don't want to hear his voice so that we would not die, and that Moses should speak to them instead and whatever God tells him and he speaks it to them they would believe him.These are the people that heard his voice,saw his miracles still some of them did not have total believe in him, like you.

Many athiest wants proof of God existence and when they see one they won't believe it.They did not believe that donkey can talk, that 2 loaves of bread can be fed 5000 people,that virgin can get pregnance without sex because they were not there and they did not see them.They believe in power and ability of men because they can see it,they believed that cars can move with man stearing it and without man stearing it,that remote can on electonic garget even though they did not know what make it works like that but the power and the abilities of God their creator that they are seeing every time they did not believe or have you ever thought of where the hair on your head come from ?,the nails in your fingers and toes where are they store?What make women belly protube when pregnat without busting? What did God use to make eyes that look like eggs or who makes all these things be like that tell me? You can not believe in God for Satan had blindfold you.

Know this God does not think as man think he does not look as man looks so don't ever equate your way of thinking with his.God called Abraham to teach him his way and through him to make know of his way to all the universe it does not matter if you believe all the emisaries he sent to you wiether you believed or not one day he shall judge you and you will not have chance to repent if you do not repent now and your athiesm would not be able to save you,then you we know that you are not wise but foolish.

My advice for you,if you want to travel to some where you have not being to bèfore and someone told you that it is extremly cold at where are going but you think it will be hot there. What will you do in preparation for your journey? i were you i will take along the blanket should in case there is extremly cold there as i was told .Think wise before it is too late for you.
Mr Ay, sorry to bust your bubble. First the bible is not the word of God, its the word of man. At least hearsay testimony as to the wishes and intents of "God". It can't be said to be a communication from God but just another man's idea and view of what God is all about. Just like the Quran.

Second of all: We understand reality, by its order and anything that goes against that is bound to be false. A claim that the Sun dances to Azonto is obviously because its beyond the behaviour of the Sun. Same with donkeys, snakes and tortoises; they don't talk!! Whoever says that is an obvious liar.

Third point: there is no God, but priests and pastors lying and pretending to be his mouthpiece. And if there is God why would he want you to believe rather than KNOW he exists?? Disbelief wouldn't stop him from existing right?
Re: Atheist? Come With Your Questions. by Kay17: 7:05pm On Apr 05, 2012
Enigma:

For discussions and proof that evangelical atheism is a religion (indeed, a fundamentalist religion), please take time at your leisure to go through the following threads. smiley

https://www.nairaland.com/546562/atheism-religion/5#7135281

https://www.nairaland.com/298119/30-keys-being-effective-atheist/3#9580290

https://www.nairaland.com/765094/heard-there-different-kinds-atheism/2#9227593

cool
"Actually, there is a point to what Olaadegbu said though perhaps it is preferable to substitute "rationalism" for evolution (EDITED: though we can actually stand atheism on its own without necessarily relating it to either evolution or even rationalism). For example, let us take thehomer's own preferred definition of "religion" (even though Jesoul has already shown the intellectual inadequacy of sticking to one of four definitions offered by the same source):

A collection of practices, based on beliefs and teachings that are "highly valued or sacred".

I will pause to let that sink in!"

From your definition, I can conclude that the promotion of family values or promotion of science or general knowledge or feminism is RELIGION! Anti-slavery falls under that too.

If so, it would be entirely ridiculous. Ok some atheists feel they are obliged to warn others "forceful" of the evils of religion, why would that make them religious? Like labelling anti communists communists!

Propagation of highly valued views is not the trademark of religion. Some religions don't propagate their beliefs - Jainism. A good human is with a sense of purpose will have some values!
Re: Atheist? Come With Your Questions. by Enigma(m): 7:11pm On Apr 05, 2012
^^^ I said take your time ---- and read the threads. wink

cool
Re: Atheist? Come With Your Questions. by thehomer: 7:13pm On Apr 05, 2012
ivoice247:

The Quran states in Ch2v28:-

How can you disbelieve in Allah(God)? seeing that you were dead and He(allah) gave you life. Then He will give you death, then again will bring you to life (on the Day of Resurrection) and then unto Him you will return (See V.40:11)
( سورة البقرة , Al-Baqara, Chapter #2, Verse #28)

The Gospel of the Flying Spaghetti Monster states in "The Eight I'd rather you didn'ts" Number 1.

I'd Really Rather You Didn't Act Like A Sanctimonious, Holier-Than-Thou Ass When Describing My Noodly Goodness. If Some People Don't
Believe In Me, That's Okay. Really, I'm Not That Vain. Besides, This Isn't
About Them So Don't Change The Subject.

ivoice247:
OR DO YOU DOUBT RESURRECTION? The Quran states in Ch41v39:-

And among His Signs, that you see the earth barren; but when We send down water (rain) to it, it is stirred to life and growth. Verily, He Who gives it life, surely, is Able to give life to the dead (on the Day of resurrection). Indeed He is Able to do all things.
( سورة فصلت , Fussilat, Chapter #41, Verse #39)

The Gospel of the Flying Spaghetti Monster states in "The Eight I'd rather you didn'ts" Number 2.

I'd Really Rather You Didn't Use My Existence As A Means To Op-press, Subjugate, Punish, Eviscerate, And/Or, You Know, Be Mean To
Others. I Don't Require Sacrifices And Purity Is For Drinking Water, Not
People.
Re: Atheist? Come With Your Questions. by harakiri(m): 7:25pm On Apr 05, 2012
Ayomivic:
The bible is not just an history book,it is words of God to all human being on earth.The problems i noticed with the athiest on this thread are these. They did not believe the existece of God,they did not believe in miracle and they did not believe in someone recods but in what they see with their eyes.They are like someone whom they told that your grandfather gave birth to your father and your father gave birth to you but he says i don't believe that my father have father for i did not see him but i believe in my father that i see.But the true is that he has a grandfather weither he believes it or not.If he does not have grand father, how did his father come on earth?

All the questions the athiests were asking here the answer are in the Bible.Some one asked that 'why can't God appear in the sky and answer the questions?' When he did to Israelite on mount Sinai what did they say?They said they don't want to hear his voice, so that they would not die, and that Moses should speak to them instead and whatever God tells him and he speaks it to them they would believe him.These were the people that heard his voice,saw his miracles still some of them did not have total believe in him, like you.

Many athiests want proof of God existence and when they see one they won't believe it.They did not believe that donkey can talk, that 2 loaves of bread can be fed 5,000 people,that virgin can get pregnant without sex because they were not there and they did not see them.They believed in power and ability of men because they can see it,they believed that cars can move with man stearing it and without man stearing it,that remote can work on electonic garget even though they did not know what make it works like that. But the power and the abilities of God their creator that they are seeing every day they did not believe or have you ever thought of where the hair on your head come from ?,the nails in your fingers and toes where are they store?What make women bellies protrude when pregnat without busting? What did God use to make eyes that look like eggs?how can semen becomes human being?how did milk in women breasts got there? or who makes all these things be like that, tell me? You can not believe in God for Satan had blindfold you.

Know this God does not think as man think he does not look as man looks. so, don't ever equate your way of thinking with that of God.God called Abraham to teach him his way and through him to make know of his way to all the universe .It does not matter if you believe all the emisaries he sent to you, weither you believed or not one day he shall judge you and you will not have chance to repent if you do not repent now and your athiesm would not be able to save you.It would then occur to that you are not wise but foolish.

My advice for you is that you believe in God.
If you want to travel to some where you have not being to bèfore and someone told you that it is extremly cold at where you are about to go but you think it will be hot there. What will you do in preparation for your journey?If i were you, i will take along with me the blanket should in case there is extremly cold there as i was told .Think wise before it is too late for you.

All you've written here still doesn't prove the biblical god exists. These are mere sentiments that carry no weight.

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (14) (Reply)

SIX Extremely Ridiculous Beliefs Atheists Have And Their Simple Rebuttals / Praying Through The God Of Your Pastor/general Overseer / Brian Deacon Sends A Message To Christians "I Am Not Jesus Christ"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 187
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.