Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,947 members, 7,817,787 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:35 PM

Kaduna Easter Bomb-Blast: A Victim's Story - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Kaduna Easter Bomb-Blast: A Victim's Story (12328 Views)

Buhari Pays Hospital Bill For Armed Robbery Victim (Photos) / Bomb Blast: A Burden We Must Live With – Jonathan / Christmas Day Bomb Blast @ A Catholic Church In Mandala, Abuja? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Kaduna Easter Bomb-Blast: A Victim's Story by Nymphnode(m): 11:48pm On Apr 10, 2012
otokx: Where is the guys daughter in all of this? Thought they were in the car together.

That's what I was about asking too. Maybe the guy who took the phone and the 180k in the wallet was kind enough to drop her at home, since she should be strapped to the back seat. A panel beater should peeling of paper tapes of the transformed car by now
Re: Kaduna Easter Bomb-Blast: A Victim's Story by Gadboy: 11:55pm On Apr 10, 2012
May God have mercy on us all
Re: Kaduna Easter Bomb-Blast: A Victim's Story by coolguy2002: 12:44am On Apr 11, 2012
ooooooooooooo
Re: Kaduna Easter Bomb-Blast: A Victim's Story by honeric01(m): 12:45am On Apr 11, 2012
Josh316:

No vex, but not even N20,000 can enter one wallet even if u use N1000 notes. unless he's talking of the Value in dollars which is very possible

say what you know, my wallet can take 100,000 naira (1,000 naira note), so it's possible for his to take more than that.
Re: Kaduna Easter Bomb-Blast: A Victim's Story by Tropilo(m): 1:06am On Apr 11, 2012
eruudy: See this man ... he forgot to mention his daughter that was with him in the car ..... Where your pikin mister man ?

@eruudy: wetin be ur own? D man dey talk d thn wey dey pain am (car, 180k, phone), u dey ask d wan wey no pain am.
On a serious note. Its saddening how people can just decide to kill or maim fellow humans without the slightest recourse to humane feelings at all. How i wish their dead colleagues can appear to them in a dream and let them know that they are hell fire.
Re: Kaduna Easter Bomb-Blast: A Victim's Story by sizzlers(m): 7:10am On Apr 11, 2012
"adieu papa" t-shirt, alladin trousers, and his "abidas" canvas. . LMAO
Re: Kaduna Easter Bomb-Blast: A Victim's Story by omidhe(f): 8:06am On Apr 11, 2012
it is so funny how how nigerians debate and reason. This story isnt fun,especially 2 those involved,n all u guys kud do was argue if 180,000 could contain a wallet. Think of it,is fuckily possible-it might be a big wallet,or a purse,n he jus decided to term it wallet,what wil he gain by lyin,is nt dat Nigerains were gonna contribute it back to him. We are shallow thinkers-nairalanders,we kud do better than dis. How cruel n inhumans we are,in such a disarry state,somebody stil av d guts 2 pick a dying man's wallet. We are the ones responsible for our plight,and until we begin to see life in a glorious dimension,we wil al remain in dis mess we kall our father land. No God, no Jesus wil kum down to help,we are our own God,n until we begin 2 c dis,there wil be no change. Thank God whoever dis was lived to tel d story,n i pray dat he recovers faster.
Re: Kaduna Easter Bomb-Blast: A Victim's Story by Reptyle(m): 8:51am On Apr 11, 2012
Finland:
Rolls of film for your camera at this digital age? Do people still use film with camera. A guy driving Honda CRV jeep should be civilized I think. I don't think this story is true.

People still use rolls of film for ur information. As regards your idea of gauging someone's civility by the car he drives, that just doesn't make sense. I know a cattle merchant in this our country who drives a Chrysler 300 and recently acquired a 2009 Toyota Highlander. The interesting bit is that he can't read or write a word of English and even struggles with pidgin english. Even more interesting is the fact that he has no qualms parking either of his luxury cars by the roadside at Oshodi, coming out and stooping by the roadside to ease himself in full glare of the public...so go figure!!!
Re: Kaduna Easter Bomb-Blast: A Victim's Story by don33310(m): 9:12am On Apr 11, 2012
I guess it was a mistake,the amount should be #18000 and not #180000.
Re: Kaduna Easter Bomb-Blast: A Victim's Story by Jeezy: 9:24am On Apr 11, 2012
What is even more saddening is that people actually stole an injured man's belongings and all most people are doing here is to find flaws in the man's story. Just because this doesnt affect most of us directly in the West and we havn't been a near-victim. I pray that it doesnt.I also pray that God delivers Nigeria from the selfishness that is our major problem today. It is so deep-rooted that only He can do it...
Re: Kaduna Easter Bomb-Blast: A Victim's Story by Detongue: 9:49am On Apr 11, 2012
Now i know Nigerians re very wicked, a man dat was bombed, lying half dead in d hospital instead of praying 4 him to recover in tym, u ppl re busy talking about his wallet and money. Ur comments re worst dan bombs
Re: Kaduna Easter Bomb-Blast: A Victim's Story by VALIDATOR: 10:13am On Apr 11, 2012
I hope you all noticed how he gave details of what happened to his money and phone but nothing whatsoever was said about his daughter or any other occupant of the car.
Re: Kaduna Easter Bomb-Blast: A Victim's Story by Baawaa(m): 2:14pm On Apr 11, 2012
VALIDATOR: I hope you all noticed how he gave details of what happened to his money and phone but nothing whatsoever was said about his daughter or any other occupant of the car.

And some are complaining about people doubt the authenticity of his story grin grin
Re: Kaduna Easter Bomb-Blast: A Victim's Story by Reptyle(m): 2:16pm On Apr 11, 2012
VALIDATOR: I hope you all noticed how he gave details of what happened to his money and phone but nothing whatsoever was said about his daughter or any other occupant of the car.

No where in the write-up did the man say that his daughter was in the car with him. What he said was that he had gone to buy rolls of camera films because his daughter just concluded her koranic studies and they (I assume he and his family) planned to celebrate it. I guess the rolls of film were meant to cover the event which may have been planned to hold later. I also assume the sum of money that he was carrying may have been meant to buy other things needed for the celebration.

My question is why exactly is this man's testimony been called to question Is it because he went thru hell and lived to tell the story Is it because his body or whatever would have been left of it, is not lying amongst the charred bits and pieces of fellow human beings; innocent Nigerians that littered ground zero after the explosion Is this how low we have sunk as Nigerians that we make light of every situation focusing on inanities rather than on the crux of the matter

What a shame!!! angry
Re: Kaduna Easter Bomb-Blast: A Victim's Story by Baawaa(m): 2:26pm On Apr 11, 2012
Reptyle:

No where in the write-up did the man say that his daughter was in the car with him. What he said was that he had gone to buy rolls of camera films because his daughter just concluded her koranic studies and they (I assume he and his family) planned to celebrate it. I guess the rolls of film were meant to cover the event which may have been planned to hold later. I also assume the sum of money that he was carrying may have been meant to buy other things needed for the celebration.

My question is why exactly is this man's testimony been called to question Is it because he went thru hell and lived to tell the story Is it because his body or whatever would have been left of it, is not lying amongst the charred bits and pieces of fellow human beings; innocent Nigerians that littered ground zero after the explosion Is this how low we have sunk as Nigerians that we make light of every situation focusing on inanities rather than on the crux of the matter

What a shame!!! angry

He said: “I was on my way home after purchasing some rolls of film for my camera. I was driving a Honda CRV jeep. My daughter had just completed her Q’uran recitation class and we were going to celebrate it. I had taken a turn from the Ahmadu Bello Stadium roundabout and was heading back home around 9:30am. I saw a Honda car flashing its hazard light and coming in the opposite direction on the other side of the lane. It was speeding. It was an ash coloured car. I noticed all this under a few seconds. Then at the junction of Sarduana crescent, as we approached each other from the different sides of the road, I suddenly saw the car blast into pieces followed by a loud explosion. The car behind him, was thrown into the air. Almost the same time my jeep was lifted into the air. Yes! My car was taken high into the air.
Read these paragraph and tell me he was the only one in the car shocked shocked
Re: Kaduna Easter Bomb-Blast: A Victim's Story by Reptyle(m): 2:47pm On Apr 11, 2012
Baawaa:

If you are a muslim or have lived in the north of Nigeria, you will realize that the celebrations that follow a child's graduation from Quaranic school (walima)is not a small one. The only celebration that equals that amongst Northern muslims is a wedding or the naming ceremony of a newborn. This man could not have been going out to celebrate his daughter's walima all by himself. The portion of the summarized interview you quoted may simply have been transcribed exactly as it was spoken by the man who may or may not have a good control of the English language.

Besides, you still have not explained to me what questioning some aspects of this man's testimony have to do with the fact that he survived a bomb blast and is glad to be alive...
Re: Kaduna Easter Bomb-Blast: A Victim's Story by Reptyle(m): 2:53pm On Apr 11, 2012
Baawaa:

He said: “I was on my way home after purchasing some rolls of film for my camera. I was driving a Honda CRV jeep. My daughter had just completed her Q’uran recitation class and we were going to celebrate it. I had taken a turn from the Ahmadu Bello Stadium roundabout and was heading back home around 9:30am. I saw a Honda car flashing its hazard light and coming in the opposite direction on the other side of the lane. It was speeding. It was an ash coloured car. I noticed all this under a few seconds. Then at the junction of Sarduana crescent, as we approached each other from the different sides of the road, I suddenly saw the car blast into pieces followed by a loud explosion. The car behind him, was thrown into the air. Almost the same time my jeep was lifted into the air. Yes! My car was taken high into the air.

Please notice that right from the onset, he used "I" and clearly stated that he was on his way "HOME" after purchasing film for his camera.
Re: Kaduna Easter Bomb-Blast: A Victim's Story by blank(f): 2:53pm On Apr 11, 2012
Austine.E:
My heart felt feelings for all those who died in this dastard act of evil,may the almighty give the families the fortitude to bear this irreparable lost!... every supporter of boko haram must ve learnt one or two lessons from this evil act,from the informatn available,about 80% of the victims are Hausa Muslims,infact the chairman of Okada riders in Kaduna,is claiming to ve lost about 100 of his members&u know who most of this Okada riders are!what am i saying'dont throw stones in a market place cos ur mum might just be there'!

Seems like you do not know these Igbo businessmen. They will dress like beggars to go to the market to sell but just reach their house or see their cars. It is all part of the bait to lure people to part with more money than they are willing to pay. 2 million can mean his proceeds not necessarily profit.
Re: Kaduna Easter Bomb-Blast: A Victim's Story by BlueMurder(m): 2:55pm On Apr 11, 2012
Baawaa:

For God's sake, why are you so fixated on this opinion of yours? That statement you bolded does not in anyway indicate that his daughter was in the vehicle with him. Why are you trying so hard to put a lie to the man's statement? If it were a non-Muslim/non-northerner who made that statement, would you have reacted the same way? Why are you trivialising a tragic situation?
Re: Kaduna Easter Bomb-Blast: A Victim's Story by amosy007: 3:31pm On Apr 11, 2012
BlueMurder:

For God's sake, why are you so fixated on this opinion of yours? That statement you bolded does not in anyway indicate that his daughter was in the vehicle with him. Why are you trying so hard to put a lie to the man's statement? If it were a non-Muslim/non-northerner who made that statement, would you have reacted the same way? Why are you trivialising a tragic situation?

calm down and read it again

"My daughter had just
completed her Q’uran
recitation class and (we) were
going to celebrate it"

we use "we" for 2 or more people
Re: Kaduna Easter Bomb-Blast: A Victim's Story by blank(f): 3:47pm On Apr 11, 2012
amosy007:

calm down and read it again

"My daughter had just
completed her Q’uran
recitation class and (we) were
going to celebrate it"

we use "we" for 2 or more people

I thought reading comprehension was compulsory in schools?

His statement is open to two interpretations. One can mean that he and his daughter were in the car heading to a location to celebrate. Another interpretation could be that he and his daughter were going to celebrate later in the day. From the context of the remaining passage, it is safe to infer that his daughter was not in the car with him and they were meant to celebrate later in the day. Pheew!
Re: Kaduna Easter Bomb-Blast: A Victim's Story by amosy007: 4:00pm On Apr 11, 2012
blank:

I thought reading comprehension was compulsory in schools?

His statement is open to two interpretations. One can mean that he and his daughter were in the car heading to a location to celebrate. Another interpretation could be that he and his daughter were going to celebrate later in the day. From the context of the remaining passage, it is safe to infer that his daughter was not in the car with him and they were meant to celebrate later in the day. Pheew!

ok no time to argue with people u.. I can see u understand english more the anglo saxons...
Bye
Re: Kaduna Easter Bomb-Blast: A Victim's Story by blank(f): 5:40pm On Apr 11, 2012
amosy007:

ok no time to argue with people u.. I can see u understand english more the anglo saxons...
Bye

That is better and don't let the door hit you on your way out.
Re: Kaduna Easter Bomb-Blast: A Victim's Story by Nobody: 7:04am On Apr 12, 2012
I will advice all those that wants to get rich off accident victims to stop such actions, they should remember that what you sow is what you will reap, it is bad
Re: Kaduna Easter Bomb-Blast: A Victim's Story by chipetrus: 12:24pm On Apr 13, 2012
Its easy to track down this Boko Haram menace in our society.
How did those explosive came in to the country should be our concern. Already,we got an evidence from recovered explosive found by the federal operation unit of custom in Apapa Lagos wharf,sometime last year. I want to believe that those consignees of those dangerous explosives,were the brain behind this so called mayhem in our country. PLEASE NIGERIANS,CAN WE ASK THE FEDERAL REPUBLIC OF NIG A QUESTION: On how far they has gone on that case file?
Re: Kaduna Easter Bomb-Blast: A Victim's Story by erefaa: 9:26am On May 15, 2012
Its sad dt some of u are so myopic to think that a wallet is only restricted to a particular size.besides,of all what the man narrated,its d money that is your problem.eiya! I weep 4 una.n everytym we expect this country to move forward when some nigerians are busy thinking like chickens talking about 180k.SMH

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Owerri, Nigeria's Most Bubbling Capital City / Okonjo-Iweala To Senators: Focus On Project Implementation Not Cash / FG Appoints Iyuke Principal Of PTI

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.