Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,956 members, 7,814,242 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 09:43 AM

PDP Vows To Dislodge ACN From Southwest. Dream Of The Century! - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / PDP Vows To Dislodge ACN From Southwest. Dream Of The Century! (8978 Views)

Real Battle To Dislodge Boko Haram Begins In March / PDP Vows To Recapture Rivers, Edo In 2015 / PDP Removes OBJ's Loyalists From Southwest Party Positions (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: PDP Vows To Dislodge ACN From Southwest. Dream Of The Century! by edogirl2: 4:10pm On Apr 11, 2012
That said, PDP have a chance in Oyo,Ogun, Ekiti (if Fayoso is their flagbearer - I understand he may be back in Pdp). Having a chance & actually winning are two different things. Not sure what the situation is in Osun. As for Lagos & Ondo, pdp has absolutely no chance in the next governorship elections. No chance.

1 Like

Re: PDP Vows To Dislodge ACN From Southwest. Dream Of The Century! by edogirl2: 4:12pm On Apr 11, 2012
That said, PDP have a chance in Oyo, Ogun, Ekiti (if Fayoso is their flagbearer - I understand he may be back in Pdp). Ofcourse having a chance & actually winning are two different things. Not sure what the situation will be in Osun. As for Lagos & Ondo, pdp has absolutely no chance in the next governorship elections. No chance. My opinion
Re: PDP Vows To Dislodge ACN From Southwest. Dream Of The Century! by dayokanu(m): 4:15pm On Apr 11, 2012
alj harem:

All I am saying is that we should stop this notion of PDP can not dislodge ACN, it is false and crazy to say that. If PDP provide a better candidate like they would in the next election, they would win the SW.

And why cant PDP present better candidate

Its like saying if I was born to George Bush i would become US President

If my grandmother had pen1s, she would be my grandfather.

PDP had 8yrs to give us good candidates and they failed

All they gave were Obanikoro while ACN gave Fashola, Akala while ACN gave Ajimobi, Oyinlola while ACN gave Aregbesola etc

If Tinubu is soo bad, How come he gives SW ppl better options than the PDP
Re: PDP Vows To Dislodge ACN From Southwest. Dream Of The Century! by stillme(m): 4:16pm On Apr 11, 2012
Can a sane person be under the umbrella of PDP? Anybody that have the interest of nigeria at heart will not be in PDP.
PDP feeds on human flesh.
Re: PDP Vows To Dislodge ACN From Southwest. Dream Of The Century! by iykak47: 4:37pm On Apr 11, 2012
I was told by my former girl friend that justice Ayo Salami is a member of acn,that if he was was not bundled out the whole country would have turned to acn overnight, that the man was busy 'awarding' wuwuru victory to his members.
salami-salami.
cool
Re: PDP Vows To Dislodge ACN From Southwest. Dream Of The Century! by ijigbamigb(m): 4:43pm On Apr 11, 2012
FI-DI-FI koooo ZANU-PF ni

It is easier for a horse to pass through the eye of a needle than for PDP to regain the South West. Not that the SW is currently in the best or innocent hands but NO Party has that capacity to challenge the ACN in the SW for now. Looking at the modus operandi of the ACN, it is observable that the party operates a confraternity like manner with an ideology of what they termed as GUIDED DEMOCRACY (where they select the candidates) guiding the electoral choices of the SWesterners. They play the politics of Negotiation and Re-Negotiations while the PDP remains too dis-jointed with some states having more than 3 factions. They (ACN) are not devoid of electoral 'MAGO-MAGOism' though they cant match the rigging the expertise of the PDP but they have managed to jump into power through the window ('SALAMILIZATION' of ELECTIONS). The only reason Ondo hasn't been captured (and may never be) is because of the deceitfulness of the LP leader cum Governor of the State whole political brilliance competes with that of the ASIWAJU himself. Gov Mimiko knows how to play the game and he is banking on his good performances to whitewash the Theifinubu rascals come October. Mimiko is performing and so he is getting a second term even if he contests as an INDEPENDENT CANDIDATE...

Abegi joooo...I get garri to drink
PHUVK Nigerian Politics.

1 Like

Re: PDP Vows To Dislodge ACN From Southwest. Dream Of The Century! by Nobody: 4:46pm On Apr 11, 2012
It is not possible unless Obasanjo becomes president again
Re: PDP Vows To Dislodge ACN From Southwest. Dream Of The Century! by Gbawe: 4:48pm On Apr 11, 2012
edo.girl:

The only reason Messi can play football better than I can is 'cause he's talented with an eye for a goal. Remove those 2 factors and I will be better. Honest

The only reason I'm not the US Secretary of State is 'cause I'm not white, female, and named Hilary Clinton. Remove those things, walahi, I'd right now be US Sec of State.

See how meaningless your comment is.

Point is, fashola, Tinubu, Oshiomole, Aregbesola, fayemi etc are all in ACN together - so what's the point of saying pdp will win if this character leaves or stay in Acn

You are fast becoming one of the few posters I look forward to reading from. Sharp intellect with the awareness to use it as optimally as possible.

It is redundant and unthinking for anyone to say the ACN is all about Fashola and Oshiomhole while dismissing others. Aregbesola and Fayemi have been in office 16 months and 17 months respectively. That would be enough time to see barn-storming performance if both inherited fairly healthy States in decent fiscal health. Instead Osun and Ekiti States were testimonies to hideous mismanagement and the callous plundering of the wealth ,meant for development, of States with 'limited' resources to begin with.

In Osun, the Government had to be borrowing money monthly to meet it recurrent obligation and service the massive debt left by Oyinlola. Almost ditto for Ekiti. Now,for those who familiarise themselves with the problems met on ground, it is reasonable to assume these guys will need a planning phase that will include serious financial re-jigging.

After said planning period (very necessary ) both Governors have swung into action to begin implementation phases. I bring attention to that here but most ignore such topics in preference for their ethnic wars.

Below is an example:

https://www.nairaland.com/902854/aregbesola-commences-road-rehabilitation-osun/3

and this, below, is even more recent.
http://www.osundefender.org/?p=28829

Osun Mobilizes Contractors With N7.5bn Within Three Weeks; •Lambasts PDP Over Criticism On Proposed N30bn Bond
Within the last three weeks, the Osun State government has mobilized contractors handling some of its road rehabilitation and construction projects across the state to sites to the tune of N7.5 billion.
The state Commissioner for Finance, Budget and Economic Planning, Dr Wale Bolorunduro disclosed this in Osogbo during a press conference on Tuesday, saying that the contractors were mobilized from the savings that had been made by the government sequel to its financial re-engineering.
He also floored the Osun State chapter of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) over its criticism on the proposed N30 billion bond, saying that the burden of the bond would even be lesser than the burden of the N18.3 billion loan secure by the ousted administration of Prince Olagunsoye Oyinlola.
Bolorunduro noted that as at the time the administration of Governor Rauf Aregbesola came on board, the internal debt met on ground was N21 billion, but the administration was able to yank it off through its debt financing initiative, by paying down the amount with only N8.6 billion out of the N25 billion secured to refinance, saying that the remaining N16 billion was still available, should the state desires to take it.

Still, what knowledge can one impart to those who do not want to defeat ignorance?

With Oyo and Ogun State, both Governors have been in charge for 8 months. Does it not make sense to give them time given the challenges inherited? I remember Oshiomhole also needing time to dismantle the PDP hegemony on ground and restructure the fiscal condition of Edo before he began to really deliver tangibly.

One has to wonder why, unfairly, some then want to write off ACN Governors as the same as the PDP when, beyond Fashola and Oshiomhole, the comparison is between those who have spent 8-17 months in power (like Amosun, Ajimobi, Aregbesola, Fayemi) and those who were there for 4-8 years (like OGD, Oyinlola, Agagu, Fayose). It really does not make sense and I think a lot is explained away by how Nigerians are now routinely negative people who would rather pander to pessimism than seek knowledge that will provide a vision of the whole picture.
Re: PDP Vows To Dislodge ACN From Southwest. Dream Of The Century! by Boyoorisha: 5:05pm On Apr 11, 2012
Mind you all, the problem is not the candidate, it is the party! Even if Fashola becomes the president through PDP, he will fail. ACN got its structure right
Re: PDP Vows To Dislodge ACN From Southwest. Dream Of The Century! by Boyoorisha: 5:13pm On Apr 11, 2012
alj harem:

All I am saying is that we should stop this notion of PDP can not dislodge ACN, it is false and crazy to say that. If PDP provide a better candidate like they would in the next election, they would win the SW.

The problem is not about candidate! Jonathan was a good candidate but no longer a good man. The party has changed him. Even if Fashola, the man of the people, becomes the president today through PDP, he will surely fail. PDP has faiure in its 'blood' so to say
Re: PDP Vows To Dislodge ACN From Southwest. Dream Of The Century! by ekwynwa: 5:21pm On Apr 11, 2012
alj harem:

You are saying it as if that is tinubu only acquired property,

What of Oriental hotel

Bellview airline, Or should I continue ?

Of course Lekki house does not really matter, I am talking in general the properties he acquired that only the government have the money to acquire not some former state governor.

Please he was not that wealthy before becoming the state governor angry where did you get that from ?

In 1999 who sponsor his election, Tinubu or Aferifere of which even Funsho Williams chipped in to help so lets stop the claim, Now after 8 years being in power, Tinubu can not only afford to sponsor his own election but also election around the country, 6 governors and even to presidential one.

[size=22pt]Tinubu was never that rich[/size]

Re: PDP Vows To Dislodge ACN From Southwest. Dream Of The Century! by Delafruita(m): 5:23pm On Apr 11, 2012
@alj harem
its really funny that you assume afenifere sponsored tinubu's election.were they also the ones that sponsored his election in 1992?were they the ones that gave him money he used in funding nadeco struggle?u forget that asiwaju left a plum job at mobil to contest the 92 elections.as at then he had over 15 foreign accts
Re: PDP Vows To Dislodge ACN From Southwest. Dream Of The Century! by Kabai: 5:27pm On Apr 11, 2012
”The party I would like to lead is an all- inclusive one, where everybody irrespective of line of divide so far you are a PDP member, would be given voice. We are going to bring everybody back under the same umbrella to become one united family to face our future electoral challenges starting with the local government elections across the zone.”

Very funny. Not when it comes to elections and people's interest in political offices. There must always be a divide. Hope they did not sit there deceived as usual. Political leaders in Nigeria are unrepentant and they should not be listened to.
Re: PDP Vows To Dislodge ACN From Southwest. Dream Of The Century! by ekwynwa: 5:27pm On Apr 11, 2012
alj harem:

1. How is it beneficial that [size=22pt]the Ex-governor is not giving free hand for the current governor to rule his way[/size] ? What happened to democracy ?

2. shocked shocked shocked Are you seriously asking that question ? So you see no fraud in a corrupt ex-governor collecting tax from the state he ruled before ? Maybe you can explain how tinubu was able to buy bellview, Orintial hotel etc ? And how is it a legal bizness ? being a party leader and also be a tax collector ?

Re: PDP Vows To Dislodge ACN From Southwest. Dream Of The Century! by Delafruita(m): 5:29pm On Apr 11, 2012
you mentioned bellview airlines,buba marwa owns albarka,why havent you called for his head?orji kalu owns slok air/air gambi,why arent you calling for his head?you mentioned oriental hotel,anybody can own a hotel if he works towards it.even native doctors like yemkem own pathfinder hotels.you didnt mention the nation,tvc/rc
Re: PDP Vows To Dislodge ACN From Southwest. Dream Of The Century! by Bodmas06: 5:43pm On Apr 11, 2012
dayokanu:

And why cant PDP present better candidate

Its like saying if I was born to George Bush i would become US President

If my grandmother had pen1s, she would be my grandfather.

PDP had 8yrs to give us good candidates and they failed

All they gave were Obanikoro while ACN gave Fashola, Akala while ACN gave Ajimobi, Oyinlola while ACN gave Aregbesola etc

If Tinubu is soo bad, How come he gives SW ppl better options than the PDP
so wots the difference between oyinlola and Aregbesola.i even prefer oyinlola.
Re: PDP Vows To Dislodge ACN From Southwest. Dream Of The Century! by Bodmas06: 5:50pm On Apr 11, 2012
stillme: Can a sane person be under the umbrella of PDP? Anybody that have the interest of nigeria at heart will not be in PDP.
PDP feeds on human flesh.
stop that my friend.some pdp governor are performing more than Acn governor like my governor in kwara state.can u tel m 3 things that Ajimobi or Amosun has done that make them better than pdp Governor,They refused to pay minimum wage.

1 Like

Re: PDP Vows To Dislodge ACN From Southwest. Dream Of The Century! by kentokay: 6:01pm On Apr 11, 2012
God will never allow pdp win any election in southwest,not again shall we enter into bondage of pdp in southwest.
Re: PDP Vows To Dislodge ACN From Southwest. Dream Of The Century! by daphil: 6:02pm On Apr 11, 2012
The best thing that has ever happened in Ekiti in terms of good governance is Fayose government. Go around Ado Ekiti, there is no presence of state government. You only have roads constructed by Fayose administration. Even the road that lead from Ikere to Ado Ekiti is now a nightmare.
Re: PDP Vows To Dislodge ACN From Southwest. Dream Of The Century! by ekwynwa: 6:19pm On Apr 11, 2012
alj harem:

1. How is it beneficial that the Ex-governor is not giving free hand for the current governor to rule his way ? What happened to democracy ?

2. shocked shocked shocked Are you seriously asking that question ? [size=22pt]So you see no fraud in a corrupt ex-governor collecting tax from the state he ruled before ?[/size] Maybe you can explain how tinubu was able to buy bellview, Orintial hotel etc ? And how is it a legal bizness ? being a party leader and also be a tax collector ?

Add First Nation to the list grin

Re: PDP Vows To Dislodge ACN From Southwest. Dream Of The Century! by aljharem(m): 6:46pm On Apr 11, 2012
ekwy nwa:

Add First Nation to the list grin

C'mon, don't go tribal. Let discuss for once without tribal rants undecided
Re: PDP Vows To Dislodge ACN From Southwest. Dream Of The Century! by aljharem(m): 6:47pm On Apr 11, 2012
[img]https://www.nairaland.com/download/679207[/img]

This was Tinubu before, all of a sudden, he became a muiltibillion naira man over night ?
Re: PDP Vows To Dislodge ACN From Southwest. Dream Of The Century! by dayokanu(m): 6:51pm On Apr 11, 2012
Bodmas06: so wots the difference between oyinlola and Aregbesola.i even prefer oyinlola.

Oyinlola was adjudged to be the worst governor Lagos State ever had.

While Aregbesola was one of the best commisioners in the same lagos State
Re: PDP Vows To Dislodge ACN From Southwest. Dream Of The Century! by aljharem(m): 6:54pm On Apr 11, 2012
Delafruita: @alj harem
its really funny that you assume afenifere sponsored tinubu's election.were they also the ones that sponsored his election in 1992?were they the ones that gave him money he used in funding nadeco struggle?u forget that asiwaju left a plum job at mobil to contest the 92 elections.as at then he had over 15 foreign accts

Lies, How many people even had upto 5 forieign accounts in 1992 (20 years ago). Lets stop this fallacy, you are just trying to justify Tinubu and all his corrupt practises.

Secondly, Please outline any completed job in ACN manifesto that has been completed or even started

1. They claim before the election that they would build a railway to link Edo, SW Delta, SWern state with Kwara and Kogi, Have they started the project (mind you this is 2012) 1 year after the elections are won.

2. They claim to do IPP for the SW so as to be the first region with constant electrity, have they started the project yet or they are still planning ?

3. What happened to economic integration which was the tune we all heard during the campaign ? Has Osun be integrated to Lagos ? etc

I can keep going on and on

Now tell me the projects like of Ajimibo and co have do in Ogun and co. I am waiting

If ACN mess up this last chance, they would lose the SW, lets not give unnecessary power to ACN to think if they do not perform, they would still keep their position. That is a lie
Re: PDP Vows To Dislodge ACN From Southwest. Dream Of The Century! by Mynd44: 7:07pm On Apr 11, 2012
aso ebi: See two mumus dey talk, like say we even like any of them mtcheeew
FYI I voted for Fashola and not ACN
I voted for GEJ and not PDP
mtchewwww
That is the biggest BS ever. How can you vote for a candidate and not the party? This logic is undeniably pointless
Re: PDP Vows To Dislodge ACN From Southwest. Dream Of The Century! by ekwynwa: 7:27pm On Apr 11, 2012
alj harem:

C'mon, don't go tribal. Let discuss for once without tribal rants undecided

re you ok? what is tribal in my post?
Re: PDP Vows To Dislodge ACN From Southwest. Dream Of The Century! by nasara(m): 7:29pm On Apr 11, 2012
What a tribally incline forum,where narrow minded yoruba's would not stop advertising their ignorance. They think lagos and the SW is nigeria. I advise SEUN to change the name of the forum to YORUBALAND. Why can't these people think outside the box, is PDP a sort of a NAZARETH that nothing Good can come out of ? How about the AMECHI'S, AKPABIO'S and the former c/river state gov'nor Duke, isn't their performance incredible, the problem with most pro-ACN Is that they don't read about happening in other state of the federation. I tire for dis yorubas is either they are cryin for marginilization or claimin dat acn is the awaited messiah

2 Likes

Re: PDP Vows To Dislodge ACN From Southwest. Dream Of The Century! by Nobody: 7:59pm On Apr 11, 2012
alj harem: None of you diehard ACN fans have asked yourself these questions.

1. Why is tinubu still controlling Fashola like a puppet ?

2. Where did tinubu get the money to conduct elections, win and buy expensive buildings in Lekki Ajah area ?

3. Why did he monopolies the tax company in Lagos to his own, so he can steal ?

etc

Lets be real here, ACN black sheep is Tinubu and Aregbesola and until they leave ACN, ACN would not reach her full potential fact !!!

You all cannot be praising Tinubu as a thief and be castigating others

True son of the soil. Very correct.
Re: PDP Vows To Dislodge ACN From Southwest. Dream Of The Century! by niniman(m): 7:59pm On Apr 11, 2012
I don't know about lagos but PDP had good chances in OYO, OGUN and OSUN.They only need to bring back their aggrieved members to the party which is what they are presently working on. Look at the last elections, ACN won cos PDP was in disarray at that time. In Oyo, the first runner up and second runner up are both from the PDP fold, same with Ogun state. If they can reconcile all their members and come up with a united front for the 2015 elections, they have good chances in both state. Osun state will majorly depend on the performance of the Governor. ACN came into power thru the courts, election counts in 10 big local govt of osun was cancelled for the ACN govt, Aregbe's performance in govt will matter a lot.
Re: PDP Vows To Dislodge ACN From Southwest. Dream Of The Century! by Nobody: 8:07pm On Apr 11, 2012
iykak47: I was told by my former girl friend that justice Ayo Salami is a member of acn,that if he was was not bundled out the whole country would have turned to acn overnight, that the man was busy 'awarding' wuwuru victory to his members.
salami-salami.
cool

This one na stale news nah.LOL
Re: PDP Vows To Dislodge ACN From Southwest. Dream Of The Century! by Nobody: 8:17pm On Apr 11, 2012
Bodmas06: so wots the difference between oyinlola and Aregbesola.i even prefer oyinlola.

At the moment, the Osun populace hate aregbe with a passion, they prefer oyin by miles, check thread below for comments posted by Osun residents not Nairalanders that don't reside in the state. Aregbe was good as a commissioner but he is likely gonna be the worst thing that ever happened to Osun state.

https://www.nairaland.com/902854/aregbesola-commences-road-rehabilitation-osun/1
Re: PDP Vows To Dislodge ACN From Southwest. Dream Of The Century! by dmainboss: 8:29pm On Apr 11, 2012
The only thing I would like to contribute here is why do ACN folks keep saying nothing good can come out of PDP? Is it that they only read Yoruba newspapers and magazines? The best governors in Nigeria are still PDP. Donald Duke and Godswill Akpabio are still far ahead of Fashola and Oshiomole. Not to mention Chime and Amaechi. I think like someone said above, these ACN peeps probably think south west is Nigeria. They need to broaden their view and see that Nigeria is far bigger than they think. With the present setup and the way things are going, Akwa Ibom and Rivers would explode in the next few years. The biggest port in Africa and the longest bridge in Africa is about to commence in Akwa Ibom and anyone who has been following Akpabio knows he doesnt play games.

my fingers crossed!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Yes, Jonathan Has Delivered For His Friends – El-rufai / Assets Sale: NLC To Protest Nationwide, Enlists 20 Lawyers / Leaked Tape Of Omoleye Sowore Demanding N100M Bribe And Exposed As Very Corrupt

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.