Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,459 members, 7,819,669 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 08:28 PM

Can We Please Focus? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Can We Please Focus? (4268 Views)

The Government Should Focus On Population Control / Family Self Defense: Focus On Women Group (case Study Nigeria) / Do I Resign From My Oil Company Job And Focus On My Husband? [advice Needed] (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Go Down)

Can We Please Focus? by Nobody: 11:23am On Apr 13, 2012
What in Gods name is going on in this section? This is supposed to be the sane, mature section where people in pain can come for respite but what are we turning it into? "My advice is better than yours" "Good vs Evil", insults, silly fights. How old are we?
People Come to seek ADVICE, ADVICE just that, give yours and move on, it is left for the poster to seive through and choose what works for them. We cannot all be the same, we have different backgrounds and experiences which informs our oppinions, we should be mature enough to respect each other even when we differ. I have begged and begged differ respectfully with the oppinion and dont drag personality and insults into the discussion. That I disagree with you doesnt give me the right to insult your person which by the way I know nothing about.
A lot of people are on the brink of depression, when they come here for advice its because they may have no one else to really open up to, advice and move on dont turn it into a person ego trip, the last thread totally lost its value when it became about the advicers and not the poster.
Please and please, you may not like me but I beg you let us focus on the people who come here seeking for help, I think there is a thread for letting off steam, if you have an issue with anyone go there and let off steam, dont lie waiting for someone you percieve as your "enemy" to come and speak so you can attack each other. I remind you all that we do not even know each other, yet we curse and curse and attack simply because others differ in oppinion.
Feel free to insult me, I can take it but in the name of God let us focus on posters, give your advice and let them decide, freely allow others to advice also, when you differ, differ with the oppinion and not the person, doing this turns the whole thread into an unhealthy circus and leaves the poster more confused and depressed.
If in my over 1 year of being on Nairaland I have offended you I apologise.
Will we be proud to show our children what we do with our spare time online?

2 Likes

Re: Can We Please Focus? by Tgirl4real(f): 11:29am On Apr 13, 2012
My dear,

remove the log in your eye before trying to remove the speck in anoda.

Point noted.
Re: Can We Please Focus? by Nobody: 11:35am On Apr 13, 2012
Tgirl4real: My dear,

remove the log in your eye before trying to remove the speck in anoda.

Point noted.
I agree Madam, Most times i comment i always try to stay focused on the issues, I also beg and cajole others who start name calling to differ respectively. I lost my temper on the Ogo thread and I explained there, otherwise, please show me where I go fighting and calling names becaause people differ or insult people becuase they are different.
Re: Can We Please Focus? by Nobody: 11:37am On Apr 13, 2012
Like I said, Feel free to attack me I dont mind as long as the ego contest is minimised, there are threads for fighting but please when someone comes to get advice, lets focus on that and not on personal battles.
Re: Can We Please Focus? by Nobody: 12:01pm On Apr 13, 2012
This is the funniest and most conceited thread I have read on this section in a long time. grin
You are one of the problems of this section of NL.
While I accept you might have changed or might be trying to change,it appears you have a short memory or have chosen not to remember your past antecedents in this section of NL.
I would have you remember the giant log in your eyes while trying to remove the tinnnny speck in others eyes.
Once again I come in peace!!!
wink
Re: Can We Please Focus? by Nobody: 12:07pm On Apr 13, 2012
Richvkunt: This is the funniest and most conceited thread I have read on this section in a long time. grin
You are one of the problems of this section of NL.
While I accept you might have changed or might be trying to change,it appears you have a short memory or have chosen not to remember your past antecedents in this section of NL.
I would have you remember the giant log in your eyes while trying to remove the tinnnny speck in others eyes.
Once again I come in peace!!!
wink
I agree and I apologise especially to you. But I am still begging let us focus on people who post and their problems, let us not turn a thread for advice seeking into an ego contest, please.
Re: Can We Please Focus? by Nobody: 12:40pm On Apr 13, 2012
debrief08:
I agree and I apologise especially to you. But I am still begging[b] let us focus on people who post and their problems,[/b] let us not turn a thread for advice seeking into an ego contest, please.

I would like you to please read this old thread and then you will see why there are problems on this section.Please pay very close attention to the posts from the usual suspects.

https://www.nairaland.com/779640/mothers-plzzzzz-help-me#9318339
Re: Can We Please Focus? by Nobody: 12:47pm On Apr 13, 2012
Richvkunt:

I would like you to please read this old thread and then you will see why there are problems on this section.Please pay very close attention to the posts from the usual suspects.

https://www.nairaland.com/779640/mothers-plzzzzz-help-me#9318339
Sir Please, can we move on? There are so many threads like this, all I am begging is that when people come to seek advice, let us focus on them and not turn it to our own saved up fights. Thats all I am asking, There are other none advice seeking threads where people can bring up their issues but when someone comes to ask for help let us not make it about us please.

2 Likes

Re: Can We Please Focus? by neyostica: 12:54pm On Apr 13, 2012
when you and your gang stop trying to break ppls home, then we will focus
Re: Can We Please Focus? by Nobody: 12:55pm On Apr 13, 2012
Madam,
I know this is your thread.
You want to know why there are problems in this section,right?
I just gave you an example and you are trying to sweep it under the carpet?
How can you solve a sickness,if you do not know the root cause?
When you sweep it under the carpet the problem will continue to fester until it rears its ugly head again.
I suggest you read that thread again,but I am quite sure you remember it and the nasty role played by some women on it.
Like I said I come in peace,and that thread is only a tip of the iceberg.
Should women be so cruel to fellow women who come on the forum with their problems?
Just my thoughts!

1 Like

Re: Can We Please Focus? by Nobody: 1:01pm On Apr 13, 2012
Richvkunt: Madam,
I know this is your thread.
You want to know why there are problems in this section,right?
I just gave you an example and you are trying to sweep it under the carpet?
How can you solve a sickness,if you do not know the root cause?
When you sweep it under the carpet the problem will continue to fester until it rears its ugly head again.
I suggest you read that thread again,but I am quite sure you remember it and the nasty role played by some women on it.
Like I said I come in peace,and that thread is only a tip of the iceberg.
Should women be so cruel to fellow women who come on the forum with their problems?
Just my thoughts!
I am not trying to sweep it under the carpet, what do I do? Flog everybody to think the way I do? Its impossible, I can only appeal and keep appealing like i did on that thread. People are different, we cant all be alike, it doesnt help anyone when we attack the person instead of dealing with the problem. I am begging and will continue t beg that we focus on issues when people present them and not our personal differencies.
Re: Can We Please Focus? by KevinII(m): 1:03pm On Apr 13, 2012
neyostica: when you and your gang stop trying to break ppls home, then we will focus
Thank you my brother. no mind all the hypocrite wicked people

1 Like

Re: Can We Please Focus? by Nobody: 1:09pm On Apr 13, 2012
neyostica: when you and your gang stop trying to break ppls home, then we will focus
This is what am talking about when i say oppinions differ, some believe people should stay even in an unhappy situation even when there is serious abuse, some dont hold that believe, when you give your advice, the poster is free to choose, no one will force the posster to take advise from any one, its their decision. You my think advice I give is wrong but its an oppinion, just as you have your own oppinion.
If you give yours and I give mine the poster chooses which one to take and which one to ignore, I wont go and force her/him out of her home.

1 Like

Re: Can We Please Focus? by Nobody: 1:10pm On Apr 13, 2012
Kevin_II:
Thank you my brother. no mind all the hypocrite wicked people
Sir, Please its a difference of oppinion, no need for insults na. If you differ with my oppinion attack it not me, we are adults we can make our points without name calling

1 Like

Re: Can We Please Focus? by Tgirl4real(f): 1:19pm On Apr 13, 2012
debrief08:
I agree Madam, Most times i comment i always try to stay focused on the issues, I also beg and cajole others who start name calling to differ respectively. I lost my temper on the Ogo thread and I explained there, otherwise, please show me where I go fighting and calling names becaause people differ or insult people becuase they are different.

U are right, twas on Ogo's thread and iwas so surprised at your outburst. I even made excuses for you, yet you didnt stop
Re: Can We Please Focus? by Nobody: 1:20pm On Apr 13, 2012
Oga Richy, I am not asking why there are problems in this section I know the issues, I am only asking that we respectfully differ with other peoples oppinions and when people with issues come to ask for help let us not make it into our personal issues. Thats all, the person seeking help is more confused than he/she came.
There are several non advice threads where people can raise their issues but pleaseif you give advice and someone else differs then let it be, differ with the oppinion if you want but all the name calling and insults really is not helping, let us put the poster first.
Re: Can We Please Focus? by Nobody: 1:23pm On Apr 13, 2012
Tgirl4real:

U are right, twas on Ogo's thread and iwas so surprised at your outburst. I even made excuses for you, yet you didnt stop
Hmmmm, Dat day was hell, I woke up on the wrong side of the bed, I do some pro bono for social welfare, was passed on a case of a woman whose left ear was burnt with an iron, her people were more concerned about her going back to an unrepentant abuser than her health, her ear was almost rotten off, she was being treated traditionally. came here and saw Ogos thread, hmmmm, it was there i let off all my pent up anger, I just imagined that those same relatives will be crying if that woman was killed
Re: Can We Please Focus? by Nobody: 1:29pm On Apr 13, 2012
debrief08:
This is what am talking about when i say oppinions differ, some believe people should stay even in an unhappy situation even when there is serious abuse, some dont hold that believe, when you give your advice, the poster is free to choose, no one will force the posster to take advise from any one, its their decision. You my think advice I give is wrong but its an oppinion, just as you have your own oppinion.
If you give yours and I give mine the poster chooses which one to take and which one to ignore, I wont go and force her/him out of her home.

Madam,
You are being very economical with the truth here.
Do you remember the poster called agiboma?
Why has she been attacked at every opportunity by members of the dreaded cabal?
Why has she been ridiculed on almost every thread since she came to NL romance section to state her problems with her husband?
Why madam debrief?Why?
The simple reason why she has been attacked by the cabal is because she refused to take their advice to divorce her husband.
She received advice from all posters and decided she wanted to see if she could make her marriage work-and to God be the glory she has testified that there is an improvement in relations to her husband-is this not a credit to posters on NL?
I could post the link to agiboma thread if you want,but I am quite sure an intelligent woman like you still remembers it don't you?
grin grin
Re: Can We Please Focus? by KevinII(m): 1:41pm On Apr 13, 2012
debrief08:
Sir, Please its a difference of oppinion, no need for insults na. If you differ with my oppinion attack it not me, we are adults we can make our points without name calling
na una sabi. just to announce that i have my eyes on this section so whoever is giving wicked advice will have to face me from now on angry i don talk finish
if people are sadistic we cannot allow them to derail other peoples lives because anyone looking for advice is in reality in a confused state and you cannot trust them to see through the sadistic intentions of some people here in the state they are. so we owe it to humanity to call such sadists out so the honest people looking for advice will realize that such advice is pure wickedness and note not to follow them. once again i don talk finish. make i go find my daily bread but am watching y'all

2 Likes

Re: Can We Please Focus? by Nobody: 1:44pm On Apr 13, 2012
Richvkunt: [/b]

Madam,
You are being very economical with the truth here.
Do you remember the poster called agiboma?
Why has she been attacked at every opportunity by members of the dreaded cabal?
Why has she been ridiculed on almost every thread since she came to NL romance section to state her problems with her husband?
Why madam debrief?Why?
The simple reason why she has been attacked by the cabal is because she refused to take their advice to divorce her husband.
She received advice from all posters and decided she wanted to see if she could make her marriage work-and to God be the glory she has testified that there is an improvement in relations to her husband-is this not a credit to posters on NL?
I could post the link to agiboma thread if you want,but I am quite sure an intelligent woman like you still remembers it don't you?
grin grin
Exactly the point of this thread, If anyone differs with another persons oppinions then differ in oppinion and not the personality. Also let us let things pass, earlier this year when Perx died I begged Agiboma and Jenny to let things go and they both promised to desist from picking at each other, I had been rude to Agiboma once and I have severally apologised to her. But it doesnt help when we go into every thread waiting for another person to comment and attack their personality. Agiboma has her views , made her decision and its her choice. I respect that and no one can force her to do different. If Someone else differs in an oppinion they should express it without insulting her and if she has a different oppinion with someone she shuld also express it without attcking the other persons personality. I have begged several times ask her, she is here< i have appealed several times to both of them, let the past be past, let us not continue to hunt and hurt each other. I cannot force any one to agree with me but I will try as God helps me not to insult anyone I dont even know just because they hold a different oppinion. Mr. Richy also try to let things go and forge ahead, I remember once when I had spoken to both Agi and Jenny you went on to tell Agiboma not to back down, the truth is there is never a winner or loser when people decide to insult each other, each person gets hurt, a lot of times people say things here and i laugh , apologise and let it go yet it hurts but you dont heal a hurt by constantly hurting back.
Re: Can We Please Focus? by Tgirl4real(f): 1:56pm On Apr 13, 2012
Is this thread really necessary? You need to convince me it is.
Re: Can We Please Focus? by Nobody: 1:56pm On Apr 13, 2012
Madam,
I am sorry about this back and forth but I can not let you get away with this.
Agiboma came on line for advise,right.
Some advised her to leave her husband,while some posters advised her to stay with him.
The lady decided to stay with her husband because of her kid.
This opened the flood gates of abuse this lady has had to suffer in the hands of the cabal-why?
Why not let the whole thing rest?
And while you are on the defene thingy(seeing you are a lawyer and all) I have another link for you and this time pay careful attention to the roles played by the usual suspects AGAIN!

https://www.nairaland.com/879051/husband-does-not-want-me/5#10274494
Re: Can We Please Focus? by Nobody: 2:04pm On Apr 13, 2012
Tgirl4real: Is this thread really necessary? You need to convince me it is.
Is this thread really necessary? You need to convince me it is. [/quote]
Lol, Madam you are the moderator, you can lock it up if you feel its not necessary, I am just trying to appeal to people to focus on issues especially people who come here looking for help and not on attacking peronalities and insults. But final decision rests with you.
Oga Richy, I can not defend any bodys actions but I can only beg to respect the oppinions of others and not be constatntly turning every thread to a personality efight and attack. I may be wrong but I think you are okay with what is going on and this thread is a waste of space so the moderator can lock it up abeg, am tired. If people want to fight, keep bringing up past issues, hurt each other and call names anytime a new thread is opened then fine. I am done
Re: Can We Please Focus? by Bawss1(m): 2:06pm On Apr 13, 2012
Kevin_II:
na una sabi. just to announce that i have my eyes on this section so whoever is giving wicked advice will have to face me from now on angry i don talk finish
if people are sadistic we cannot allow them to derail other peoples lives because anyone looking for advice is in reality in a confused state and you cannot trust them to see through the sadistic intentions of some people here in the state they are. so we owe it to humanity to call such sadists out so the honest people looking for advice will realize that such advice is pure wickedness and note not to follow them. once again i don talk finish. make i go find my daily bread but am watching y'all

It's when people appoint themselves as angels of justice that things get out of hand. There is always going to be a point of view that doesn't sit well with you, call it out fairly or let it be. There are too many Voltrons on this forum wreaking more havoc than they imagine.
Re: Can We Please Focus? by jaybee3(m): 2:13pm On Apr 13, 2012
How about you do your bit and worry less about other people's posts.
Like you said, we are all here to give advices. If you give yours and it ain't going down well then absolutely no point trying to shove it down one's throat or unnecessarily fight for which advice is better.

So long as we all are still allowed to exercise our freedom to free speech on the condition that it's contrary to rules and regulations of Nairaland then I'd advice you worry about your bit and ignore the others.
Y'all should really stop taking NL too serious.
It's only an on-line forum
Re: Can We Please Focus? by Bawss1(m): 2:21pm On Apr 13, 2012
jay bee: How about you do your bit and worry less about other people's posts.
Like you said, we are all here to give advices. If you give yours and it ain't going down well then absolutely no point trying to shove it down one's throat or unnecessarily fight for which advice is better.

So long as we all are still allowed to exercise our freedom to free speech on the condition that it's contrary to rules and regulations of Nairaland then I'd advice you worry about your bit and ignore the others.
Y'all should really stop taking NL too serious.
It's only an on-line forum

Was just going to say that. But at the same time I will also add that many people assume that because this is all virtual it's OK to hurl insults and abuses forgetting that such acts are not without consequences. There is nothing we do whether real or virtual that we will not have to account for when the time comes.
Re: Can We Please Focus? by jaybee3(m): 2:26pm On Apr 13, 2012
Bawss1:

Was just going to say that. But at the same time I will also add that many people assume that because this is all virtual it's OK to hurl insults and abuses forgetting that such acts are not without consequences. There is nothing we do whether real or virtual that we will not have to account for when the time comes.
Insults and abuses (unprovoked attacks) aren't allowed on NL according to seun's published rules. I believe they warrant a ban of some sort.
Re: Can We Please Focus? by Nobody: 2:33pm On Apr 13, 2012
debrief08:
Is this thread really necessary? You need to convince me it is.
Lol, Madam you are the moderator, you can lock it up if you feel its not necessary, I am just trying to appeal to people to focus on issues especially people who come here looking for help and not on attacking peronalities and insults. But final decision rests with you.
Oga Richy, I can not defend any bodys actions but I can only beg to respect the oppinions of others and not be constatntly turning every thread to a personality efight and attack. I may be wrong but I think you are okay with what is going on and this thread is a waste of space so the moderator can lock it up abeg, am tired. If people want to fight, keep bringing up past issues, hurt each other and call names anytime a new thread is opened then fine. I am done

Op,
Moral of the story:Do not start what you can not finish.
You started a thread trying to prove your innocence,when you are one of the problems of the family section,and in the face of empirical evidence you are fleeing from your own thread?
The almighty moderator,whom i believe has her own hidden agenda is free to lock the thread,however she should understand this is a forum where exchange of ideas should be allowed as long as they do notrun foul of the rules and regulations.
besides there are threads in this section that have been running since yesterady where all that has been going on have been exchange of abuse and that thread is on its 9th page already.
Talk about biased moderation!
Re: Can We Please Focus? by Johndoe100(m): 2:39pm On Apr 13, 2012
Sorry O, my brothers debrief - is she not the abused one? At least she was always going on about "woe is me, some big bad MAN did this or that". She has a full time downer on men, so how can she come and be spewing this hypocritical crap? These cabal members are so effed up.
Re: Can We Please Focus? by Outstrip(f): 2:52pm On Apr 13, 2012
Richvkunt is so predicatble. Pathetic if you ask me.
Re: Can We Please Focus? by taryour(f): 3:48pm On Apr 13, 2012
shocked
Re: Can We Please Focus? by Nobody: 3:53pm On Apr 13, 2012
Outstrip: Richvkunt is so predicatble Pathetic if you ask me.

Outstrip,
Did you read what I wrote at all?
Or were you in a hurry to jump into battle like a mindless foot soldier?
Why not visit the links I posted to see who is predictable?
By the way you did not spell predictable correctly,but I guess you were in such a hurry to defend your masters.
Once again I come in peace.

(1) (2) (3) (4)

My Daughter Cannot Enter A House That Doesn't Have An Air Conditioner / Help!!! My Husband Lost His Job And Our Family's Luxury Life Is About To Crumble / Nigeria's Youths.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 91
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.