Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,165 members, 7,815,063 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 06:34 AM

I Abandoned Religion And God Today. I'm Free. - Religion (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / I Abandoned Religion And God Today. I'm Free. (43882 Views)

Where Will You Worship God Today? / One Big Reason You Must Praise God Today. Picture. / PHOTOS: I Abandoned My Five Children To Become A Lesbian (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (37) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Abandoned Religion And God Today. I'm Free. by Callotti: 12:57am On Apr 15, 2012
Viewing this topic: Amacaco, elpapi(m), frosbel(m), naijasexy(f), Avicenna, Ogidi-Olu(m), GKACME1, mantraa, Haribo(f), logic101, all4naija(m), Bobbyendy, fearless07(f), wirinet, galadee(m) and 10 guest(s)/

SEE THE RELIGIOUS VAMPIRES WATCHING AND WAITING O!

Mu he he he he he
Re: I Abandoned Religion And God Today. I'm Free. by Nobody: 1:00am On Apr 15, 2012
I am theist and I believe that we human beings did evolve, I don't think belief in evolution nullifies your status as a theist.
My religious book teaches that EVERY living thing was created from water. When I read about the formation of the first micro organisms from that first 'Cosmic Soup', my faith only increased. . . . My point is that a lot of these scientific theories are actually supported by religion, it is just that people have destroyed the message religion is supposed to pass across by years and years of modifications.
Avicenna, when you look at the way human form is ordered, the way we evolved so beautifully, with adaptations for almost any challenge we might face on earth (blood clotting on exposure to air, antibodies in breast milk to protect sensitive babies from infections, hormones released by the body when necessary ( hormones for us to mature from children to adults, hormones for us to react to external stimuli, hormone for a mother to have a dying love for her new born baby which compels her to love and care for it so life can go on, hormones for our bodies to store energy instead of expending it all at once), when you look at the Universe and how it runs smoothly year after year, how the constant state of matter being neither destroyed nor created hasn't changed, how the planets run a certain distance and course and arrangement round the sun, year after year, without getting disordered and crashing into each other.
When you see these things do you not wonder that there might be a force keeping everything in order and ensuring that the running of things goes on in a way that is conducive for life to remain on earth? Do you not think there is a force behind all this?
OP please answer this question, sorry for the long post but I will appreciate for you to read it carefully before answering.

2 Likes

Re: I Abandoned Religion And God Today. I'm Free. by Avicenna: 1:04am On Apr 15, 2012
KgSolomon: @OP from your post i can see that u are yet to graduate from school, you ar still a boy.

I was ignorant like you before, until i faced a near death experience where i battled between life and death, if you get there u will understand perfectly, you will not need a preacher to tell you about God.

Even a donkey can testify that there is God talk more of a human.

Note: Christianity is not a religion, it is divinity at work in a man. You were once a Muslim and now a pagan they are still the same thing you don't know God yet to talk about him.

Haha. I don't regard myself as a boy neither do those that know me. Mr man,I practise on cadavers,I help in treating accident victims and sick people. I know more about death and near-death experiences than you probably do.
Pagans,donkeys indeed.
Re: I Abandoned Religion And God Today. I'm Free. by Nobody: 1:05am On Apr 15, 2012
elpapi: I am truly surprised @ the level of ignorance that the modern world has impacted in the minds of people. The dude that started this thread, I don't blame you for dropping religion, religion today is a far cry of what it should be. But whether you want to believe it or not there is someone or something out there that is greater than us all. You are a medical student, you've dissected a human being now then. Can you convincingly say that all you see when you open up a human being was formed by time, matter and chance? It is like saying the engine of a car was formed by time, matter and chance. No my friend, someone designed it, so perfectly, that you cam eat, shit, Bleep and think of what you are telling us here. And whether you like it or that someone is greater than you, so I'd advise you to fear and respect Him.

That is a mind of a monkey. You can reason better than that. It is the same thing our primitive forefather did you are repeating. What you don't have idea about in nature shouldn't be concluded on a premise by guesses and at the end formulate a manual on it to be from god. Nature should be looked upon in this regard than god. If trying to address something beyond it raises more questions about god you are alluding to and he falls to prove himself then, of what use is the stupidity? Please, I think you are better than that!
Re: I Abandoned Religion And God Today. I'm Free. by Nobody: 1:05am On Apr 15, 2012
fellis: I am theist and I believe that we human beings did evolve, I don't think belief in evolution nullifies your status as a theist.
My religious book teaches that EVERY living thing was created from water. When I read about the formation of the first micro organisms from that first 'Cosmic Soup', my faith only increased. . . . My point is that a lot of these scientific theories are actually supported by religion, it is just that people have destroyed the message religion is supposed to pass across by years and years of modifications.
Avicenna, when you look at the way human form is ordered, the way we evolved so beautifully, with adaptations for almost any challenge we might face on earth (blood clotting on exposure to air, antibodies in breast milk to protect sensitive babies from infections, hormones released by the body when necessary ( hormones for us to mature from children to adults, hormones for us to react to external stimuli, hormone for a mother to have a dying love for her new born baby which compels her to love and care for it so life can go on, hormones for our bodies to store energy instead of expending it all at once), when you look at the Universe and how it runs smoothly year after year, how the constant state of matter being neither destroyed nor created hasn't changed, how the planets run a certain distance and course and arrangement round the sun, year after year, without getting disordered and crashing into each other.
When you see these things do you not wonder that there might be a force keeping everything in order and ensuring that the running of things goes on in a way that is conducive for life to remain on earth? Do you not think there is a force behind all this?
OP please answer this question, sorry for the long post but I will appreciate for you to read it carefully before answering.
then what created that water that we all evolved from?? and why are babies being born now and not evolving from water?? if na so, women wont need men to get pregnant, they'll just head to d nearest water body and pick their choice(bend down select).... There is a God, whether you believe it or not, He is alive, and HE reigns supreme...
Re: I Abandoned Religion And God Today. I'm Free. by bomega4u(m): 1:07am On Apr 15, 2012

What an epistle! I now believe the saying that those who claim not to believe in God talks more about God.
Re: I Abandoned Religion And God Today. I'm Free. by Avicenna: 1:07am On Apr 15, 2012
KgSolomon: @OP, if i come in contact with you, just 2hours is enough u will come back here renouncing the devil you proclaimed.
You will be surprised who will run back here renouncing God.
Re: I Abandoned Religion And God Today. I'm Free. by mkmyers45(m): 1:09am On Apr 15, 2012
Callotti:

SEE THE RELIGIOUS VAMPIRES WATCHING AND WAITING O!

Mu he he he he he

No mind the e jolosis ane e badu belle them go soon quench
Re: I Abandoned Religion And God Today. I'm Free. by Nobody: 1:10am On Apr 15, 2012
What the hell is wrong with you krispycash? Abeg if you know you want to quote my post and reply it, you better have the decency to read and understand it first. Rubbish.
Re: I Abandoned Religion And God Today. I'm Free. by mkmyers45(m): 1:10am On Apr 15, 2012
fellis: I am theist and I believe that we human beings did evolve, I don't think belief in evolution nullifies your status as a theist.
Nice Post...The force is Mother Nature
Re: I Abandoned Religion And God Today. I'm Free. by Amacaco: 1:11am On Apr 15, 2012
My friend,you never knew God and God also never knew you. That you chose to "abandon" Him does not make any difference to who God is and to his personality. That a cancer or HIV ridden patient refuses to believe in the efficacy of the drugs given to him or even to take those drugs (a right he can fully exercise)does not change anything,rather he is rapidly on the way to his grave.The fact that it is on nairaland that you researched in order to get your religious bearing strongly indicates how serious you were with your religion. One day we all will stand before the Almighty God to account for the single opportunity he gave to us to be saved.Because the scripture tells us that unto Him shall all men come. It is a fearful thing to fall into the hands of the Living God for GOD is a consuming fire.
Re: I Abandoned Religion And God Today. I'm Free. by ea7(m): 1:12am On Apr 15, 2012
christian comments are lol stupid.
Re: I Abandoned Religion And God Today. I'm Free. by Nobody: 1:14am On Apr 15, 2012
mkmyers45: Nice Post...The force is Mother Nature
Okay. Your opinion.
I would like for Avicenna to also answer.
Re: I Abandoned Religion And God Today. I'm Free. by Nobody: 1:14am On Apr 15, 2012
fellis: What the hell is wrong with you krispycash? Abeg if you know you want to quote my post and reply it, you better have the decency to read and understand it first. Rubbish.
easy boss no need to be hostile...
Re: I Abandoned Religion And God Today. I'm Free. by mkmyers45(m): 1:15am On Apr 15, 2012
ea7: christian comments are lol stupid.
its just like arrancar's bluffing
Re: I Abandoned Religion And God Today. I'm Free. by Avicenna: 1:16am On Apr 15, 2012
Everything you wrote in support can be explained without regard to the supernatural or God in fact. The only defense you brought forth is that of sheer beauty,elegance and the complexity yet simple nature of everything. These are not scientific and evidential defense. When properly explained,they sort of lose their lustre and become ordinary that is it becomes inconceivable to believe some force is behind it.
Re: I Abandoned Religion And God Today. I'm Free. by Ninilowo(m): 1:20am On Apr 15, 2012
Ds ur new name is the name of a school in Ikeja or something like that.
Re: I Abandoned Religion And God Today. I'm Free. by Avicenna: 1:20am On Apr 15, 2012
Amacaco: My friend,you never knew God and God also never knew you. That you chose to "abandon" Him does not make any difference to who God is and to his personality. That a cancer or HIV ridden patient refuses to believe in the efficacy of the drugs given to him or even to take those drugs (a right he can fully exercise)does not change anything,rather he is rapidly on the way to his grave.The fact that it is on nairaland that you researched in order to get your religious bearing strongly indicates how serious you were with your religion. One day we all will stand before the Almighty God to account for the single opportunity he gave to us to be saved.Because the scripture tells us that unto Him shall all men come. It is a fearful thing to fall into the hands of the Living God for GOD is a consuming fire.
You don't know me and the vigour with which I practised my religion,that's why.
It wasn't only on Nairaland.in fact the research didn't come from Nairaland. It just opened my eyes. Sometimes,I just wonder at the unbelievable changes that came over me.
Re: I Abandoned Religion And God Today. I'm Free. by Emylexray(m): 1:21am On Apr 15, 2012
Avicenna: I get,that's why I keep saying I respect other people's opinions.
But,I remain indifferent. There is no God,no hell or heaven, no judgment day. That scenario will never come up. I m completely convinced of this.
what makes you convinced?
Re: I Abandoned Religion And God Today. I'm Free. by onyeego(m): 1:24am On Apr 15, 2012
The problem with people is that they try to understand God with human concept.

Sorry, no matter how hard you try your little Brain can not understand the existance of God.

Look around you, so you think everything just happened by mistake?
Or that you are descendants of the Ape?

It has been recorded in d Bible that the earth is round while WISE scientists had argued that the earth was flat.

These are things you can't comprehend with your small (undeveloped) Brains.

Can't you see how everything is perfect and complimenting each other?

There MUST be designer!

1 Like

Re: I Abandoned Religion And God Today. I'm Free. by jackdaniel(m): 1:25am On Apr 15, 2012
.......nice thread ....however these are my little opinions on these matters
1) If there is a God, God cannot be known; to know God is to be God
2) Religions are flawed; most are born out of Man’s imagination
3) The Universe is made up of laws; the wise explore its loop holes and use it to their advantage.
4) Faith is irrational, but it is a good psychological coping mechanism.
5) Any phenomena that cannot be replicated and verified independently by others should be classified as fiction or pseudoscience at most.
6) Science does not have all the answers; but those it has are genuine and can be replicated.
7) The big banng theory is as lousy as the creationist theory; yet they both agree on one thing, that is, “NOTHING existed before existence”. Maybe God is NOTHING. They are both theories and should be taken as just that, nothing more, nothing less till they can be proved and replicated.
8.)The God’s of religion are anthropomorphic; they usually take the nature of their host community and the human nature of its founder e.g. Angry God, blood thirsty God, loving God, Vengeful God, Randy God etc
9) Fear and Violence are the Historical and present driving forces of most religion; it’s about control and power to Lord the ignorant masses
10) Blind faith is sheer stupidity and an avid mockery of the human intellect, it is spite to the maker of the human mind; be it Deity or Evolutionary forces of chance.
11) One man’s God is another man’s Demon/Devil; the God of the victor is worshiped while the God of the Vanquished is classified as a demon. History shows that today’s God might become tomorrow’s demon. Our local deities are presently referred to as demons, but they where once revered and worshiped as Gods.
12) To base ones believes on eternal damnation or pleasure is just an extended gratification of our human pleasures, greed and fear. E.g why give me gold in the afterlife, why give me many women when I die, why must the afterlife be made up of images of this present life?
13) If a God is real and powerful, he should fight his own battles and leave humans out of it.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Abandoned Religion And God Today. I'm Free. by Avicenna: 1:25am On Apr 15, 2012
Emylexray:
It was manufactured by the religionists to control people through fear. To give people purpose because let's face it,this life is without a clear cut purpose. People hanged on to it for support and support only. I have got rid of that fear and I no longer need the support.
Re: I Abandoned Religion And God Today. I'm Free. by Nobody: 1:25am On Apr 15, 2012
Emylexray:
If you asked me, I would say because they were made up by religionists/Theists as facts whereas they are not.
Re: I Abandoned Religion And God Today. I'm Free. by Avicenna: 1:34am On Apr 15, 2012
Ninilowo: Ds ur new name is the name of a school in Ikeja or something like that.
Lol but it isn't .
Re: I Abandoned Religion And God Today. I'm Free. by Nobody: 1:40am On Apr 15, 2012
Avicenna:
Everything you wrote in support can be explained without regard to the supernatural or God in fact.
Yes, yes it can be explained as such.
Avicenna:
The only defense you brought forth is that of sheer beauty,elegance and the complexity yet simple nature of everything. These are not scientific and evidential defense. When properly explained,they sort of lose their lustre and become ordinary that is it becomes inconceivable to believe some force is behind it.
When properly explained in a scientific manner, I believe you will end up with mathematical equations and all what not. When you consider the equations you just derived from trying to explain the order in the universe, do you not wonder how come it is that they all come together to form that perfect order I wrote on before? The broken down explanations, whatever they might consist of; do you think they came about by accident? Do you think the fact that we only evolve in a way that is favourable to our existence is purely by accident and that the order in the Universe is also accidental?
Young man, there is something keeping things in order, scientific breakdown or not, the arrangement of things still follows a regular pattern. That pattern did not come about by mistake and it is not kept consistent by mistake.
Re: I Abandoned Religion And God Today. I'm Free. by Avicenna: 1:53am On Apr 15, 2012
fellis:

When properly explained in a scientific manner, I believe you will end up with mathematical equations and all what not. When you consider the equations you just derived from trying to explain the order in the universe, do you not wonder how come it is that they all come together to form that perfect order I wrote on before? The broken down explanations, whatever they might consist of; do you think they came about by accident? Do you think the fact that we only evolve in a way that is favourable to our existence is purely by accident and that the order in the Universe is also accidental?
Young man, there is something keeping things in order, scientific breakdown or not, the arrangement of things still follows a regular pattern. That pattern did not come about by mistake and it is not kept consistent by mistake.
Things are not perfect. From my medical studies,I can tell you humans are far from perfect. Yes,we are complex but a more logical explanation is that we gained complexity over time through generations of trial and errors ,mutations and directional selection. We adapted to our environment. That's why we are black skinned and North Americans are that colour.
As far as I know, this planet is favourable to our existence just enough for us to live(oxygen etc),nature is actively trying to kill us. There is nothing keeping anything in order. The sun remained the sun when we were not here. The seasons were the seasons when dinosaurs roamed the earth. We are not special in the in comprehensibility of the universe.
Re: I Abandoned Religion And God Today. I'm Free. by ea7(m): 1:56am On Apr 15, 2012
onye ego: The problem with people is that they try to understand God with human concept.

Sorry, no matter how hard you try your little Brain can not understand the existance of God.

Look around you, so you think everything just happened by mistake?
Or that you are descendants of the Ape?

It has been recorded in d Bible that the earth is round while WISE scientists had argued that the earth was flat.

These are things you can't comprehend with your small (undeveloped) Brains.

Can't you see how everything is perfect and complimenting each other?

There MUST be designer!
like the aids virus and cancer, there is a designer, lets kill it. the bible says the earth is a circle, a circle is flat. the earth is a sphere. scientists of greece already calculated the earth@s circumference and here you say the bible says.
humans are apes get over it. god made the universe for humans and put them in a small corner in an even smaller plannet lol. everything is perfect? what did you smok.
Re: I Abandoned Religion And God Today. I'm Free. by Nobody: 1:56am On Apr 15, 2012
Avicenna:
Things are not perfect. From my medical studies,I can tell you humans are far from perfect. Yes,we are complex but a more logical explanation is that we gained complexity over time through generations of trial and errors ,mutations and directional selection.

As a scientist, you should know that the above is realistically impossible. An error mutation would have wiped us out as a race before we got a chance to correct the mistake.
Re: I Abandoned Religion And God Today. I'm Free. by seguun(m): 1:58am On Apr 15, 2012
ea7: *facepalm* if we assume that someone has to control everything , who controls the controller?
Are you saying everything controls itself?
Re: I Abandoned Religion And God Today. I'm Free. by Nobody: 1:59am On Apr 15, 2012
fellis:

Can you reason things out purposefully? The Mathematical equations and blahblahblah are related with real would phenomenon before they can be accepted as binding as factual in sciences.
Re: I Abandoned Religion And God Today. I'm Free. by Emylexray(m): 2:03am On Apr 15, 2012
OH! MY GOD!...a christain whose faith is not so strong will fall with all the comments here..it will be pointless arguing.
Atheist!!!...YOU NEED AN ENCOUNTER WITH GOD!
Re: I Abandoned Religion And God Today. I'm Free. by Avicenna: 2:05am On Apr 15, 2012
davidylan:

As a scientist, you should know that the above is realistically impossible. An error mutation would have wiped us out as a race before we got a chance to correct the mistake.
What I meant is that it requires a single person to develop immunity to a disease for generations later to be completely immune to it. If for instance,a man is born with scales and the environment changes(comets,tsunami,diseases,drought,famine etc) in such a way that having scales becomes an advantage in that crucial fight for survival,all generations will soon have scales.

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (37) (Reply)

How To Answer The Question "Where Did Jesus Say, 'I Am God, Worship Me''? / 2020 Prophecies By Prophet Joshua Iginla / Rev Esther Ajayi Praises MC Oluomo, Leads Him To Greet Obasanjo, Ooni And Others

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 86
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.