Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,133 members, 7,814,958 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 02:00 AM

I Abandoned Religion And God Today. I'm Free. - Religion (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / I Abandoned Religion And God Today. I'm Free. (43878 Views)

Where Will You Worship God Today? / One Big Reason You Must Praise God Today. Picture. / PHOTOS: I Abandoned My Five Children To Become A Lesbian (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (37) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Abandoned Religion And God Today. I'm Free. by Nobody: 12:02am On Apr 15, 2012
buzugee: good for you.now fasten your seat-belt and brace for turbulence.
Ignorant and silly talk. That is among things they use to keep people glue to religion, a threat. Threat that will never happened.

Nonsense!
Re: I Abandoned Religion And God Today. I'm Free. by Nobody: 12:04am On Apr 15, 2012
Avicenna:
I have my guiding principles. Religion do not in any way influence whether you are going to be a good person or bad. For perspective,I will be a doctor very soon. I will not be in that noble profession for the money. I will save people like you regardless of your belief,colour or any of that useless considerations.

But what do you have to gain from doing so? Do you believe in survival of the fittest and do you think human beings should live by that law? The way the other animals do?
Re: I Abandoned Religion And God Today. I'm Free. by Callotti: 12:07am On Apr 15, 2012
Kei! Seeeeeee crowd for this thread. shocked

These religious peeps are real vampires. I never experienced Islam but remotely. IT IS MY ASSOCIATIONS WITH CHRISTIANS THAT MADE ME AN ATHEIST.

Boy, I loathe Christians. . .expecially the dumb-azzz born-again ones. Twa!!!!!

I just say make I platt my children hair, do small romance time. . .plus take sweet nap, this sweeeeeeeeet thread don bear succulent fruits.

God is good and Allah dey kamkpeeee. cheesy

Atheists hide o! Dem want to burn us like 'child-winches'! tongue

Mu he he he he he he
Re: I Abandoned Religion And God Today. I'm Free. by Avicenna: 12:09am On Apr 15, 2012
I don't live in that manner nor would I prescribe that but nature has her way of enforcing it.
I have nothing to gain from hanging on to the belief in God. I will rather take responsibility for my actions. To know I m in control of my destiny. Its a thing of the mind. You are free.
Re: I Abandoned Religion And God Today. I'm Free. by ea7(m): 12:10am On Apr 15, 2012
citizenY: It amazes me how somebody who will:-

sleep and wake up and not know where he has been
see night and day,dawn, noon,sunset and night, light and dark
feel heat /cold and experience their variations
feel the breeze blowing hot and cold
witness birth death and ailments
see fortune and misfortune

AND still think there there is no SUPREME BEING controlling these.

*facepalm* if we assume that someone has to control everything , who controls the controller?
Re: I Abandoned Religion And God Today. I'm Free. by Goshen360(m): 12:11am On Apr 15, 2012
@ Image123,

Come out from among them (you know them in context here) bro, and be ye separate says the Lord. grin grin grin grin
Re: I Abandoned Religion And God Today. I'm Free. by Nobody: 12:13am On Apr 15, 2012
God gave us the free will to choose... and God also does not want us hurling curses or abuses to those who choose not to believe(castigating any religion or opinion)... We will all answer for ourselves ..... And please correct yourself, Christianity is not a religion, its a way of life.... its a very personal thing... u dont look at others to be a christian, what Bishop Oyedepo says, is for bishop oyedepo, what papa adeboye says, its between him and GOD... Your relationship with God as a christian is not a show, but a personal and covered relationship. Your life your words your thoughts are all yours, but your soul and spirit are of the LORD... What ever you choose to believe, thats for you to believe... no be by force to believe, but it is advisable to believe in THE ONE TRUE GOD, AND HIS SON WHOM HE SENT TO DIE FOR OUR SIN. Evil and Good and suggestions, it is left for you to choose which u follow.... there is no such thing as not believing in one thing... when u think you dont believe, then u are easily manipulated by that which u think is nonexistent(the best trick of the devil is to make u believe that there is no heaven or hell)... God bless you, and with God almighty< the Holy one of Israel, i pray u reconsider. He loves you still

1 Like

Re: I Abandoned Religion And God Today. I'm Free. by Nobody: 12:17am On Apr 15, 2012
i feel sorry for the op but i will rather blame the muslims and christian nairalanders that have turn every thread into a religious battle field.

i will also blame our worship centers that preach nothing but hatred towards the other religion. where is the love for God's sake.

the boko harams are busy with killings, murder and deceit all in the name of their god. who will like to serve such god.

some pastors and imans are feeding fat on the people.

this is a wake up call to all of us to try to do what is right and not push people away from the true God

@ops, i honestly wish u could rescind ur decision. even if u dont want to be associated with any religion but at least i want u to believe that there is a God who u can not see but sees u. just like the air u breath he is invisible and he is everywhere.

1 Like

Re: I Abandoned Religion And God Today. I'm Free. by ea7(m): 12:18am On Apr 15, 2012
krispycash: God gave us the free will to choose... and God also does not want us hurling curses or abuses to those who choose not to believe(castigating any religion or opinion)... We will all answer for ourselves ..... And please correct yourself, Christianity is not a religion, its a way of life.... its a very personal thing... u dont look at others to be a christian, what Bishop Oyedepo says, is for bishop oyedepo, what papa adeboye says, its between him and GOD... Your relationship with God as a christian is not a show, but a personal and covered relationship. Your life your words your thoughts are all yours, but your soul and spirit are of the LORD... What ever you choose to believe, thats for you to believe... no be by force to believe, but it is advisable to believe in THE ONE TRUE GOD, AND HIS SON WHOM HE SENT TO DIE FOR OUR SIN. Evil and Good and suggestions, it is left for you to choose which u follow.... there is no such thing as not believing in one thing... when u think you dont believe, then u are easily manipulated by that which u think is nonexistent(the best trick of the devil is to make u believe that there is no heaven or hell)... God bless you, and with God almighty< the Holy one of Israel, i pray u reconsider. He loves you still
god gave us free will to choose...what have you smoked
Re: I Abandoned Religion And God Today. I'm Free. by emmerks(m): 12:20am On Apr 15, 2012
di understand ur what u are going 2ru now and will want u to know that u are not alone, there are so many that has pass 2ru dis stage, dat are passing 2ru it, and will pass 2ru it. My advice to u is dat u need to come in connact with works of philosers, most esp those of the medieval period. I wish we can chat
Re: I Abandoned Religion And God Today. I'm Free. by Nobody: 12:21am On Apr 15, 2012
ea7: god gave us free will to choose...what have you smoked
Freewill EA7 allows u to choose,with no one telling you what to do... read btw d lines... free will my brother, thats what we all enjoy today... understand it...
Re: I Abandoned Religion And God Today. I'm Free. by Avicenna: 12:23am On Apr 15, 2012
krispycash: God gave us the free will to choose... and God also does not want us hurling curses or abuses to those who choose not to believe(castigating any religion or opinion)... We will all answer for ourselves ..... And please correct yourself, Christianity is not a religion, its a way of life.... its a very personal thing... u dont look at others to be a christian, what Bishop Oyedepo says, is for bishop oyedepo, what papa adeboye says, its between him and GOD... Your relationship with God as a christian is not a show, but a personal and covered relationship. Your life your words your thoughts are all yours, but your soul and spirit are of the LORD... What ever you choose to believe, thats for you to believe... no be by force to believe, but it is advisable to believe in THE ONE TRUE GOD, AND HIS SON WHOM HE SENT TO DIE FOR OUR SIN. Evil and Good and suggestions, it is left for you to choose which u follow.... there is no such thing as not believing in one thing... when u think you dont believe, then u are easily manipulated by that which u think is nonexistent(the best trick of the devil is to make u believe that there is no heaven or hell)... God bless you, and with God almighty< the Holy one of Israel, i pray u reconsider. He loves you still
rafhell: i feel sorry for the op but i will rather blame the muslims and christian nairalanders that have turn every thread into a religious battle field.

i will also blame our worship centers that preach nothing but hatred towards the other religion. where is the love for God's sake.

the boko harams are busy with killings, murder and deceit all in the name of their god. who will like to serve such god.

some pastors and imans are feeding fat on the people.

this is a wake up call to all of us to try to do what is right and not push people away from the true God

@ops, i honestly wish u could rescind ur decision. even if u dont want to be associated with any religion but at least i want u to believe that there is a God who u can not see but sees u. just like the air u breath he is invisible and he is everywhere.
Don't feel sorry for me, I am done. I can assure there is no going back.
Re: I Abandoned Religion And God Today. I'm Free. by lepasharon(f): 12:23am On Apr 15, 2012
this topic don make front page
Re: I Abandoned Religion And God Today. I'm Free. by ea7(m): 12:24am On Apr 15, 2012
ea7: god gave us free will to choose...what have you smoked
if there is free will there should be no hell, after all we can choose what we want
Re: I Abandoned Religion And God Today. I'm Free. by LogicMind: 12:25am On Apr 15, 2012
ea7: if there is free will there should be no hell, after all we can choose what we want

you have the freewill to choose god only.
Re: I Abandoned Religion And God Today. I'm Free. by Avicenna: 12:26am On Apr 15, 2012
emmerks: di understand ur what u are going 2ru now and will want u to know that u are not alone, there are so many that has pass 2ru dis stage, dat are passing 2ru it, and will pass 2ru it. My advice to u is dat u need to come in connact with works of philosers, most esp those of the medieval period. I wish we can chat
Oh, I have read philosophers , trust me
But why should I believe some of those philosophers when I obviously know more than they do? Not because I may have superior intellect but because the time is different.
Re: I Abandoned Religion And God Today. I'm Free. by ea7(m): 12:28am On Apr 15, 2012
Logic Mind:

lol.
clears throat. there are three choclates, red , blue and green, you are free to pick anyone, except the red one and the blue one or i kil you.this is yahwehs free will aka your money or your life.
Re: I Abandoned Religion And God Today. I'm Free. by numo86(m): 12:34am On Apr 15, 2012
Atheist u can do whatever u like....
Like u guys said its ur life ba?
I wonder what u guys will teach ur kids in d future..I just wonder...
What exactly will u teach them....?
To just live life devoid of Jah??
And u can call that a life?
Like d op said he's nt accountable to anybody except to himself,....
Does that statement sound normal.....
Well u guys can keep on running away from God and his handi-works.....1 day na 1 dÀy o...
u guys want to see God one on one b4 u believe in him right
But it still baffles me to see how a fellow atheist like u who is a scientist will tell u how far d earth is from d sun and u belive immediately even when u urself never did d measurement.....
But to believe in a wonderful creator who has created u and put everytin in place u need him to come down to beg u to serve him and believe in him??
Re: I Abandoned Religion And God Today. I'm Free. by Nobody: 12:35am On Apr 15, 2012
ea7: if there is free will there should be no hell, after all we can choose what we want
EA7, In every situation, there are usually just two answers, take waking up in the morning, u can either choose to stay at home or go out, choose to eat or starve, Yes or No, Life or Death, Hot or Cold... free will is about choosing what u want to do, either believe or not to believe... thats free will... if God were forcing you to believe in Him, that wouldnt be free will... but He is saying, if u choose not to believe in Him, when the time comes, He wont recognize you!!! your beliefs are for u and for u alone, who am I to judge... free will ... u are free to do what ever u want to do, but understand that for every action, there are consequences, even for we christians...
Re: I Abandoned Religion And God Today. I'm Free. by Callotti: 12:36am On Apr 15, 2012
Re: I Abandoned Religion And God Today. I'm Free. by ea7(m): 12:38am On Apr 15, 2012
numo86: Atheist u can do whatever u like....
Well u guys can keep on running away from God and his handi-works.....1 day na 1 dÀy o...
But it still baffles me to see how a fellow atheist like u who is a scientist will tell u how far d earth is from d sun and u belive immediately even when u urself never did d measurement.....
But to believe in a wonderful creator who has created u and put everytin in place u need him to come down to beg u to serve him and believe in him??
http://titen-sxull.hubpages.com/hub/Yahweh-is-Evil the computer is science made isnt it. nuff said
Re: I Abandoned Religion And God Today. I'm Free. by Nobody: 12:44am On Apr 15, 2012
Logic Mind:

@logic, there is free will to choose heaven or hell... the truth is there are only two options in life... if every encounter, in every situation, there are only two options... "Should we continue in sin so that grace may abound? God forbid"... For everything you do, u try to put a check on peoples excessiveness.... God gives life.... its left for u to choose life... and believe in the ONE TRUE GOD... not in yourself... you are just a mere man....
Re: I Abandoned Religion And God Today. I'm Free. by ea7(m): 12:46am On Apr 15, 2012
krispycash: EA7, In every situation, there are usually just two answers, take waking up in the morning, u can either choose to stay at home or go out, choose to eat or starve, Yes or No, Life or Death, Hot or Cold... free will is about choosing what u want to do, either believe or not to believe... thats free will... if God were forcing you to believe in Him, that wouldnt be free will... but He is saying, if u choose not to believe in Him, when the time comes, He wont recognize you!!! your beliefs are for u and for u alone, who am I to judge... free will ... u are free to do what ever u want to do, but understand that for every action, there are consequences, even for we christians...
there is a long answr and a short one. the short one is you are so wrong
Re: I Abandoned Religion And God Today. I'm Free. by Nobody: 12:47am On Apr 15, 2012
well... to u... i am, to me My God Jehova, God of Moses, reigns supreme... God bless you guys
Re: I Abandoned Religion And God Today. I'm Free. by xterra2(m): 12:49am On Apr 15, 2012
Okay whatever
So the OP is an atheist so ...?
Why is it on the front page ?
That's his life, couldn't be bothered about it

Those against him, leave him alone to live his life,
Re: I Abandoned Religion And God Today. I'm Free. by elpapi(m): 12:50am On Apr 15, 2012
I am truly surprised @ the level of ignorance that the modern world has impacted in the minds of people. The dude that started this thread, I don't blame you for dropping religion, religion today is a far cry of what it should be. But whether you want to believe it or not there is someone or something out there that is greater than us all. You are a medical student, you've dissected a human being now then. Can you convincingly say that all you see when you open up a human being was formed by time, matter and chance? It is like saying the engine of a car was formed by time, matter and chance. No my friend, someone designed it, so perfectly, that you cam eat, shit, Bleep and think of what you are telling us here. And whether you like it or that someone is greater than you, so I'd advise you to fear and respect Him.

3 Likes

Re: I Abandoned Religion And God Today. I'm Free. by ea7(m): 12:50am On Apr 15, 2012
lol

Re: I Abandoned Religion And God Today. I'm Free. by Avicenna: 12:51am On Apr 15, 2012
numo86: Atheist u can do whatever u like....
Its way normal than believing in any religion.
As for my kids,they will be allowed to choose but one thing I won't do is to hide true self from them.
See,that's the thing. Scientists will PROVE that measurement. Nothing is just thrown out without adequate testing. As opposed to religionists who will ask you to take it on faith. This applies to all religions.
Re: I Abandoned Religion And God Today. I'm Free. by Nobody: 12:52am On Apr 15, 2012
fellis:

But what do you have to gain from doing so? Do you believe in survival of the fittest and do you think human beings should live by that law? The way the other animals do?
He'll gain so much by being realistic and facing reality in life. He can no longer live in the shadows of doubt about things which don't add up, and just to mention a few.This is always the problem. Humans are not so much different from animals, just that they are more intelligent due to their reasoning abilities. I doubt, if anything so much differentiates human from other animals - all living souls(breathing things including plants is what souls mean in the real sense,not your abstract imagined entities, as your were convinced to believe). This is where many people, most especially, religionists/Theists are lacking the ability to make use of their reasoning faculty,which proves that they are not so much different from those primitive individuals who constructed the ideology of religion,god/God and its indoctrination.

There is every 100% that you would die but there is no 5% chance that god/God as religion is alluding to, exist would pop-out somewhere of abstract nirvana. Nature with all its endowment is all encompassing,as an entity of itself though imperfect, has been turned into god for the simple reason those who do so didn't have much idea about it capacity yet trying to reason above what's understandable. That brought about many unanswered questions leading many to conclude there is a god somewhere(which is most non-addressed issue -even by definition).The most absurd thing is that this god becomes elusive and imperfect unattended to human yearnings - looking at it from a factual perspective, after taking a thoughtful or have insight to what are purported to be his creative works.

Meanwhile, the religionists/Theists manuals have been upgraded as based on ideologies throughout different ages(there has never been a time with finding many errors in them - one of the nature of man and its environment). The very fact why I think apocryphal parts were removed from the christian books, due to those parts didn't share some lines with the tradition.

Indeed, it would do you good to research than being sentimental about tradition. Some would go the length to use their reflexes to conclude the existence of god or some perceived repeatedly or coincidences, which are yet parts of nature. The same situation which our primitive forefathers failed to addressed has a path been continued with same mindless approach, procrastination without realistic observations, to relate them with real world phenomenon is absolutely now wanting...
Re: I Abandoned Religion And God Today. I'm Free. by KgSolomon: 12:53am On Apr 15, 2012
@OP from your post i can see that u are yet to graduate from school, you ar still a boy.

I was ignorant like you before, until i faced a near death experience where i battled between life and death, if you get there u will understand perfectly, you will not need a preacher to tell you about God.

Even a donkey can testify that there is God talk more of a human.

Note: Christianity is not a religion, it is divinity at work in a man. You were once a Muslim and now a pagan they are still the same thing you don't know God yet to talk about him.
Re: I Abandoned Religion And God Today. I'm Free. by Nobody: 12:54am On Apr 15, 2012
If you dont praise him, he'll raise dry bones and stones in your stead to worship HIM, So what u think doesnt matter, what u believe in is irrelevant, He doesnt need you, but yet He loves you, and d least you can do is Acknowledge Him... Yet, you choose to be oblivious of the fact that there is a GOD... its your life, for you doc. I have 3 Doctors in my family, your intellect is what confuses you, being intelligent and smart is different from being wise... Wisdom is of the LORD, dont base your belief on what u see or hear...
Re: I Abandoned Religion And God Today. I'm Free. by KgSolomon: 12:55am On Apr 15, 2012
@OP, if i come in contact with you, just 2hours is enough u will come back here renouncing the devil you proclaimed.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (37) (Reply)

How To Answer The Question "Where Did Jesus Say, 'I Am God, Worship Me''? / 2020 Prophecies By Prophet Joshua Iginla / Rev Esther Ajayi Praises MC Oluomo, Leads Him To Greet Obasanjo, Ooni And Others

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.