Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,138 members, 7,814,989 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 03:56 AM

I Abandoned Religion And God Today. I'm Free. - Religion (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / I Abandoned Religion And God Today. I'm Free. (43880 Views)

Where Will You Worship God Today? / One Big Reason You Must Praise God Today. Picture. / PHOTOS: I Abandoned My Five Children To Become A Lesbian (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (37) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Abandoned Religion And God Today. I'm Free. by OdinMacThor(m): 11:20pm On Apr 14, 2012
If only people'll take off the cloak of religion, and see fellow humans for who they are, not who they worship, or who they shag . . .

1 Like

Re: I Abandoned Religion And God Today. I'm Free. by Nobody: 11:21pm On Apr 14, 2012
Avicenna:
I have had dreams about evil people trying to take me away once. I told my mother and she made me broadcast it all over the place with a stern warning to be prayerful. I laugh over it now. This things are explainable without regards to the supernatural. I have gone through problems lately that will make any religious person assume they are after him but this only served to reinforce my then,developing atheism. So if this is what you call the supernatural(visions,dreams,miracles,apparition etc) I have no belief in them.

Ouch.
I think this is part of the reason you became an atheist. One thing you should realize is that the mind is a powerful thing. The thoughts you have determine what type of life you live. The moment you ceize to believe that a spiritual realm exists, you start to subconciously block out any sign you get from it.
I have always understood the concept of a God existing and have been able to reconcile it to the nature of the universe even without asking for explanations.
I thank God for giving me that understanding because I can see now that A LOT of people lack it.

1 Like

Re: I Abandoned Religion And God Today. I'm Free. by cooltrycia: 11:23pm On Apr 14, 2012
Image123: Even atheists are exhorting one another. Very soon, you people will have choruses that you also sing o. Lost lot.
hehehehehe you are floating in darkness,you are here nor there dat makes u ....
Re: I Abandoned Religion And God Today. I'm Free. by LogicMind: 11:23pm On Apr 14, 2012
fellis:

Ouch.
I think this is part of the reason you became an atheist. One thing you should realize is that the mind is a powerful thing. The thoughts you have determine what type of life you live. The moment you ceize to believe that a spiritual realm exists, you start to subconciously block out any sign you get from it.
I have always understood the concept of a God existing and have been able to reconcile it to the nature of the universe even without asking for explanations.
I thank God for giving me that understanding because I can see now that A LOT of people lack it.

thank god for making us more foolish than you. his wisdom is infinite.
Re: I Abandoned Religion And God Today. I'm Free. by mkmyers45(m): 11:23pm On Apr 14, 2012
ea7: @rastarat define personal relationship
the type christians have is any thing but. you talk to god , you open a book and feel he is replying, you praise him, i is absurd. like me having a ffriend and reading his letters to know hat he would say, i cant claim i have any personal anything with this guy, im just confirmin my own biases to myself pretending someone talks to me.
@mkmyers i prefer one piece though. bleach has pretty pictures.
Bleach rocks cool

1 Like

Re: I Abandoned Religion And God Today. I'm Free. by mkmyers45(m): 11:24pm On Apr 14, 2012
Logic Mind:

All men are born with a nose and ten fingers, but no one was born with a knowledge of God. - Voltaire
Hmmm
Re: I Abandoned Religion And God Today. I'm Free. by ea7(m): 11:25pm On Apr 14, 2012
fellis:

Ouch.
keep stroking ur own dick, ull get there. and oh wise one it is spelt cease. quote 'reality is that that does not go away when you wish it away.
Re: I Abandoned Religion And God Today. I'm Free. by Nobody: 11:27pm On Apr 14, 2012
Sorry about the multiple posting; I am having network problems.
@Avicenna,
So as an atheist, what are your guiding principles? What reason do you have for choosing to do right instead of wrong? (Apart from the law)
Re: I Abandoned Religion And God Today. I'm Free. by ea7(m): 11:28pm On Apr 14, 2012
mkmyers45: Bleach rocks cool
pretty pictures.
fullbring sucked but made more sense than revelations. p.s fullbring makes no sense
Re: I Abandoned Religion And God Today. I'm Free. by OdinMacThor(m): 11:30pm On Apr 14, 2012
Naruto Forever!!!! Sen'nei Jashu!!!
Re: I Abandoned Religion And God Today. I'm Free. by plaetton: 11:31pm On Apr 14, 2012
@Op:
You will henceforth enjoy the full[b] sovereignty [/b]of your mind. Congrats on your indepependence day.
Re: I Abandoned Religion And God Today. I'm Free. by OdinMacThor(m): 11:33pm On Apr 14, 2012
G'night mates! I'm gonna go do my palm and go to bed. Maybe, luckily, I'll see half of 72 tightly ripped ho's. Maybe . . .

1 Like

Re: I Abandoned Religion And God Today. I'm Free. by Image123(m): 11:34pm On Apr 14, 2012
Ea7
Please do provide all the Bible passage you refer to CONCISELY. And don't forget your point as well. i'm that dense ithink, whatever that means BTW.
Re: I Abandoned Religion And God Today. I'm Free. by Avicenna: 11:37pm On Apr 14, 2012
@odin
Try out the tv section too. You never know what you may find.

1 Like

Re: I Abandoned Religion And God Today. I'm Free. by Sweetnecta: 11:38pm On Apr 14, 2012
Some said people of religions talk about hell as if it is being used to scare all. Hell is scare because mere fire/inferno here on earth is not something all can jump into and get burned into charcoal. Hell is a thing that people will be forced into and be burnt into charcoal and even worse and it will be repeated. The fire of hell will touch every part of the body, innermost and outermost at the same time to perform on the punished what it has been commanded.

This afternoon, I was discussing with a friend about soul, and the conversation moved to the trinity because he is a christian. His answer was that even though he does not understand it, but being the first concept of God he was taught, he accepted it and until something changed in his future, he will just have to settle on the somewhat awkward idea of God in trinity.

I was asking myself that the people who believed in the concept that the earth was flat died in that ignorance whereas it is now known that the earth is not flat but spherical.

If man had thought deeply about the earth before the idea that the earth is spherical was proposed, there were enough evidence to suggest that the earth is definitely not flat; All you have to do were observations of the earth itself as a never ending carpet always having a tantalizing mirage of a false ending based on the limitation of sight on one hand and the curvature of the earth [science proves this for sure]. One can have in depth observation of possibility that the earth is at least round, orangey in shape by the fact that there are climatic seasons in different part of the earth; summer and winter, fall/autumn and spring and daily changes of night and day will at least tell us know that the earth is spinning around and may be moving towards a goal just as well.

Now that we have satellites capable of telling is that the earth is floating and we and the waters are rigidly or firmly moving on it without the falling away into the space, we may just wonder what power is in charge of all of this complex condition we are part of?

Though we can not see gravity, we at least believe it exist as a concept because whatever we take up, if we do not maintain its condition to remain in place up where we want it, it will have no choice to fall down to earth.

These are my thoughts and I dare say there is a unique power that is solely capable and definitely in charge of all of these and more. That Power is God, though not seen, but His Presence can be known by looking at yourself; the blood flows through your veins, the heart pumping it, oxygenating it so that you do not dies at least not yet because the soul has not been called back by the One Who infuse it in your body the moment you are becoming a thing at the beginning of your existence in your mother's womb.

If a person thinks he is matured and has no need for God, one should ask if he has need for humans who are like him and definitely as a whole powerless in the presence of God.

A student seeking knowledge does not become arrogant to his teachers. Otherwise he will not be successful in his quest. he must follow the instructions of the professor when it comes to rules of getting knowledge because it is the professor's rule that must be followed and the consequence of disregarding the directive of the professor will amount to failure. Definitely, if you sit in his lecture and let him know that you disregard him, you can expect to fail the class. This is similar to or lighter than when one says he does not recognize God. When a person goes to a different class and does different course work and then say to the professor of whose class and course work he should have attended that one must get an A plus grade, is one not really lying to himself?

You have to accept that God Whose right is to judge us, has the right to create the reason He creates man for a purpose with rules and laws to guide us towards Him. One with free choice can obey Him or disobey Him. But it is within His Right to punish disobedience by His Justice if He wills or forgives from His Mercy.

There is advantage in honoring those who the honor is due.

Some may say if at the end there is no Judgement because they say there is no God? I say i would not have lost anything by trying to obey God that I believe exists and shall judge all. After all, i have a full day of activities and happiness from my effort to obey Him.

But what happens if God punishes those who say He does not exist, not worthy of worship or make partnership with Him? What will be your gain to be from one of these groups? Do you think your headmaster who punished you was doing it because he was happy with you? God has no comparison in each of His Qualities and that includes when He Punishes. And we can see the body of Fir'awn as an example. Yet it is not hellfire, yet.
Re: I Abandoned Religion And God Today. I'm Free. by ea7(m): 11:43pm On Apr 14, 2012
Image123: Ea7
Please do provide all the Bible passage you refer to CONCISELY. And don't forget your point as well. i'm that dense ithink, whatever that means BTW.
i posted the first one. you can google the rest with the names of the books attached.
my point is the bible is full of crap.
Re: I Abandoned Religion And God Today. I'm Free. by mkmyers45(m): 11:44pm On Apr 14, 2012
ea7: pretty pictures.
fullbring sucked but made more sense than revelations. p.s fullbring makes no sense
ha ha
Re: I Abandoned Religion And God Today. I'm Free. by Image123(m): 11:44pm On Apr 14, 2012
Frontpage duh, lots more foolish people to stroll in. Thread set to lose it's already sought for essence.
"The fool hath said in his heart, There is no God. Corrupt are they, and have done abominable iniquity: there is none that doeth good." (Psalm 53:1).

1 Like

Re: I Abandoned Religion And God Today. I'm Free. by pendo89(f): 11:44pm On Apr 14, 2012
I am not religious either.I just love God!.

Religion is nothing but man's way of reaching out to God.
Faith is God's way of reaching out to man.

If you dislike God however you are on your own.
He doesn't force himself on us.It's people who twist his Gospel to their liking.
I hope one day you have an encounter with God not religion cz it doesnt add value to us.
Re: I Abandoned Religion And God Today. I'm Free. by Image123(m): 11:46pm On Apr 14, 2012
ea7: i posted the first one. you can google the rest with the names of the books attached.
my point is the bible is full of crap.
Point poorly passed. i'll take it you have no Bible passage to support your talk.
Re: I Abandoned Religion And God Today. I'm Free. by LogicMind: 11:46pm On Apr 14, 2012
Image123: Frontpage duh, lots more foolish people to stroll in. Thread set to lose it's already sought for essence.
"The fool hath said in his heart, There is no God. Corrupt are they, and have done abominable iniquity: there is none that doeth good." (Psalm 53:1).

Guess how the wise say it.
Re: I Abandoned Religion And God Today. I'm Free. by ea7(m): 11:47pm On Apr 14, 2012
Logic Mind:

on nairaland!!!
Re: I Abandoned Religion And God Today. I'm Free. by Nobody: 11:48pm On Apr 14, 2012
ea7: keep stroking ur own dick, ull get there. and oh wise one it is spelt cease. quote 'reality is that that does not go away when you wish it away.
Thank you for the correction. I am not a robot and I cannot always be correct.
It seems you atheists assume that your living a life that makes no room for things you cannot rationally explain makes you better\smarter than others. Be civil and cut it out with the sarcastic insults.
Re: I Abandoned Religion And God Today. I'm Free. by Nobody: 11:51pm On Apr 14, 2012
Logic Mind:

thank god for making us more foolish than you. his wisdom is infinite.

You lack knowledge of a certain thing does not mean you are more foolish than those that have it.
Re: I Abandoned Religion And God Today. I'm Free. by Image123(m): 11:51pm On Apr 14, 2012
Logic Mind:

"Some trust in chariots, and some in horses: but we will remember the name of the LORD our God." (Psalm 20:7).
Re: I Abandoned Religion And God Today. I'm Free. by LeJeun3: 11:53pm On Apr 14, 2012
Atheist! I laugh . . . . . . . . Even science has seeded to d presence of a greater power! So who's fooling who?

1 Like

Re: I Abandoned Religion And God Today. I'm Free. by Avicenna: 11:55pm On Apr 14, 2012
fellis: Sorry about the multiple posting; I am having network problems.
@Avicenna,
So as an atheist, what are your guiding principles? What reason do you have for choosing to do right instead of wrong? (Apart from the law)
I have my guiding principles. Religion do not in any way influence whether you are going to be a good person or bad. For perspective,I will be a doctor very soon. I will not be in that noble profession for the money. I will save people like you regardless of your belief,colour or any of that useless considerations.
Re: I Abandoned Religion And God Today. I'm Free. by ea7(m): 11:58pm On Apr 14, 2012
Image123:
Point poorly passed. i'll take it you have no Bible passage to support your talk.
arrgh! now i have to bring my bible numbers 22 1-30 balak and balaam
judges 9:8-15 revelations 12 3-4

Wherefore thus saith the Lord GOD: Behold, I am against your pillows, wherewith ye there hunt the souls to make them fly, and I will tear them from your arms; and I will let the souls go, even the souls that ye hunt to make them fly.

Webster's Bible Translation
Wherefore thus saith the Lord GOD; Behold, I am against your pillows, with which ye there hunt the souls to make them fly, and I will tear them from your arms, and will let the souls go, even the souls that ye hunt to make them fly.

World English Bible
Therefore thus says the Lord Yahweh: Behold, I am against your pillows, with which you there hunt the souls to make [them] fly, and I will tear them from your arms; and I will let the souls go, even the souls whom you hunt to make [them] fly.]
a little bonus
Re: I Abandoned Religion And God Today. I'm Free. by citizenY(m): 11:59pm On Apr 14, 2012
It amazes me how somebody who will:-

sleep and wake up and not know where he has been
see night and day,dawn, noon,sunset and night, light and dark
feel heat /cold and experience their variations
feel the breeze blowing hot and cold
witness birth death and ailments
see fortune and misfortune

AND still think there there is no SUPREME BEING controlling these.
Re: I Abandoned Religion And God Today. I'm Free. by ea7(m): 12:00am On Apr 15, 2012
fellis:
Thank you for the correction. I am not a robot and I cannot always be correct.
It seems you atheists assume that your living a life that makes no room for things you cannot rationally explain makes you better\smarter than others. Be civil and cut it out with the sarcastic insults.
sorry. christians have dealt with me so i only talk to them with sarcasm now.
Re: I Abandoned Religion And God Today. I'm Free. by Avicenna: 12:00am On Apr 15, 2012
citizenY: It amazes me how somebody who will:-

sleep and wake up and not know where he has been
see night and day,dawn, noon,sunset and night, light and dark
feel heat /cold and experience their variations
feel the breeze blowing hot and cold
witness birth death and ailments
see fortune and misfortune

AND still think there there is no SUPREME BEING controlling these.

You will be surprised.
Re: I Abandoned Religion And God Today. I'm Free. by indoorlove(m): 12:01am On Apr 15, 2012
Sweetnecta: If you succeed in this life, what about the success of hereafter as we are sure that you will die one day and not be able to return to correct any mistake that you may discover that you have made as a living?

Allah says "Every soul shall taste death". If that is where the Lord of All stops, it would be enough to ponder about our lives in relationship to a Creator. Allah also says "I did not create creation just for amusement" on His part, it is with a purpose.

Whats the purpose for man? Allah explains "And Jinn and MANKIND are not created except to worship Me".

If you refuse to worship and or obey Allah, He is always complete and nothing of you will change Him from His Perfection.

I often wonder why a person who will acknowledge that he knew he was at a time nothing, now something and in the long run, in the future, he will be nothing will be arrogant to say God and or established Way of God on mankind "Religion" is a fallacy?

Since you are in medicine, it is the very discipline that should help you to hold on to existence of God and the ordered way of life He ordained for mankind.

Anyone who has ever been to the funeral homes and see bodies lifelessly laying down, frozen in the cooler will know God exist and He must have a plan for mankind and provides the road map for success while telling us to shun the path of disaster.

Allah in His Mercy for man allows us to make mistake and time for seeking way back to His Pleasure as in repentance because He does not often end our lives on the first mistake, revolting against Him.

Allah says of some people "the believe and then go to disbelief. then they enter belief and again go out of it. then the belief and later disbelief", . . .

If man is given opportunity to disbelief and allowed free entry to belief, your case, mr. Op is not unique; it demonstrate what Quran has said here. It is interesting that Allah says disbelief 3 times and He may then leave person into being astray not accepting his attempt ever to belief as thrice divorced wife of a man can not be taken at will for the forth man without the woman freely divorced from a new husband who consummated their marriage and did allow the iddat period to run out, making her free for whoever wished to "marry her anew". The situation is similar to those Allah destroyed at the end; The people of Noah, The people of Lot, Pharaoh. We see in each of these that they destroyed were arrogant and puffed up. May Allah not count us among them.[b][/b]

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (37) (Reply)

How To Answer The Question "Where Did Jesus Say, 'I Am God, Worship Me''? / 2020 Prophecies By Prophet Joshua Iginla / Rev Esther Ajayi Praises MC Oluomo, Leads Him To Greet Obasanjo, Ooni And Others

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.