Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,171 members, 7,815,095 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 07:12 AM

I Abandoned Religion And God Today. I'm Free. - Religion (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / I Abandoned Religion And God Today. I'm Free. (43883 Views)

Where Will You Worship God Today? / One Big Reason You Must Praise God Today. Picture. / PHOTOS: I Abandoned My Five Children To Become A Lesbian (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (37) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Abandoned Religion And God Today. I'm Free. by mkmyers45(m): 10:10pm On Apr 14, 2012
Jenwitemi: @ Avicenna

May i advice you not to completely discard the concept of a creator in it's entirety? But instead to keep your mind open? Moving away from religion has this effect of dragging one from one extreme (religion), to the other extreme (atheism). Something which i think is still bad for you. Moving from one bubble to another bubble gets you nowhere. My point and advice; as you have dropped the ideas of religious doctrine, maintain an open mind about the concept of a creator (whatever title you wanna give the creator is of no importance). Anyway, i congratulate you for breaking off the shackles. Just be careful you do not ensnare yourself in another.
I think the Op should think about it really.

1 Like

Re: I Abandoned Religion And God Today. I'm Free. by rastamouse: 10:11pm On Apr 14, 2012
To everyone who claims that another person caused them to lose their faith, please come up with a better excuse. In any case, JESUS predicted that this will happen. HE stated clearly that many people will depart from the faith and that is what is happening.

Everyone is responsible for enduring to the end. If you allow your light to go out then you lose out. Only those who endures to the end will be rewarded.

Think about that...
Re: I Abandoned Religion And God Today. I'm Free. by mkmyers45(m): 10:13pm On Apr 14, 2012
Pastor AIO: [

I hear you though I think a much better advice would be for us religious folks to stop being such inane nincompoops.
WORD!
Re: I Abandoned Religion And God Today. I'm Free. by mkmyers45(m): 10:13pm On Apr 14, 2012
Avicenna: Lol @ the bleach.
I m more of the naruto type.
Bleach rocks cool

1 Like

Re: I Abandoned Religion And God Today. I'm Free. by mkmyers45(m): 10:15pm On Apr 14, 2012
agiboma: I am here with you, but im no Atheist, i beleive religion is flawed and causes more trouble than good. But I love g-d and im a deep beleiver in the creator, but to belong and follow a religion I WILL NOT DO. EVER!
Im more on this side...
Re: I Abandoned Religion And God Today. I'm Free. by aletheia(m): 10:18pm On Apr 14, 2012
Avicenna:
I was born into a deeply Islamic family. I am regarded as a sort of Alfa in my area. I had my wolimat early so I know all about this. The very concept of Allah is what I do not agree with which I have therefore shunned. One thing I have realized during clinicals,is that cadaver remains cadaver just useful for medical research. I took solace in that their 'soul' is in a better place but the concept of soul itself remains unproven. I no longer believe in a Book that I was forced to accept as the truth. For instance,you quoted parts of the Quran. I do not believe in Allah from whom it came from,so I do not regard it anymore.
As for my medical studies,actually it helped reach my conclusion. Nothing has changed. I remain my kind and compassionate self.

It probably provides an interesting insight into your conflicted thoughts that you chose for your new handle the name Avicenna - one of the more famous Islamic polymaths and philosophers who himself was a devout Muslim. Are you sure you 've completely made the break from Islam?

Concerning the soul. . .the original Avicenna had this to say
While he was imprisoned in the castle of Fardajan near Hamadhan, Avicenna wrote his famous "Floating Man" thought experiment to demonstrate human self-awareness and the substantiality and immateriality of the soul. Avicenna believed his "Floating Man" thought experiment demonstrated that the soul is a substance, and claimed humans cannot doubt their own consciousness, even in a situation that prevents all sensory data input. The thought experiment told its readers to imagine themselves created all at once while suspended in the air, isolated from all sensations, which includes no sensory contact with even their own bodies. He argued that, in this scenario, one would still have self-consciousness. Because it is conceivable that a person, suspended in air while cut off from sense experience, would still be capable of determining his own existence, the thought experiment points to the conclusions that the soul is a perfection, independent of the body, and an immaterial substance. The conceivability of this “Floating Man” indicates that the soul is perceived intellectually, which entails the soul’s separateness from the body. Avicenna referred to the living human intelligence, particularly the active intellect, which he believed to be the hypostasis by which God communicates truth to the human mind and imparts order and intelligibility to nature. However, Avicenna posited the brain as the place where reason interacts with sensation. Sensation prepares the soul to receive rational concepts from the universal Agent Intellect. The first knowledge of the flying person would be “I am,” affirming his or her essence. That essence could not be the body, obviously, as the flying person has no sensation. Thus, the knowledge that “I am” is the core of a human being: the soul exists and is self-aware.[40] Avicenna thus concluded that the idea of the self is not logically dependent on any physical thing, and that the soul should not be seen in relative terms, but as a primary given, a substance. The body is unnecessary; in relation to it, the soul is its perfection.[41][42][43] In itself, the soul is an immaterial substance.[44]
Source: Wikipedia
Re: I Abandoned Religion And God Today. I'm Free. by Avicenna: 10:35pm On Apr 14, 2012
mkmyers45: I think the Op should think about it really.
I have thought about it. I just do not agree with it. I know people that believe in a God without religion can be justified. But God is a product manufactured by the religions you don't believe in.
Re: I Abandoned Religion And God Today. I'm Free. by Nobody: 10:35pm On Apr 14, 2012
@OP, you'll die and go to hell! Seriously! The devil will wear you for prom, and Castiel won't be there to drag our arse outta hell!

2 Likes

Re: I Abandoned Religion And God Today. I'm Free. by Avicenna: 10:39pm On Apr 14, 2012
SimonAndal: @OP, you'll die and go to hell! Seriously! The devil will wear you for prom, and Castiel won't be there to drag our arse outta hell!
I hear. I hear.
Re: I Abandoned Religion And God Today. I'm Free. by ea7(m): 10:41pm On Apr 14, 2012
@rastarat define personal relationship
the type christians have is any thing but. you talk to god , you open a book and feel he is replying, you praise him, i is absurd. like me having a ffriend and reading his letters to know hat he would say, i cant claim i have any personal anything with this guy, im just confirmin my own biases to myself pretending someone talks to me.
@mkmyers i prefer one piece though. bleach has pretty pictures.
Re: I Abandoned Religion And God Today. I'm Free. by Avicenna: 10:43pm On Apr 14, 2012
@aletheia
Now,I m able to deal with people independent of religion and other unnecessary considerations. Avicenna is a philospher I respect even more his medical breakthroughs. I m quite familiar with the man. I chose this name for a reason.
Re: I Abandoned Religion And God Today. I'm Free. by ea7(m): 10:43pm On Apr 14, 2012
SimonAndal: @OP, you'll die and go to hell! Seriously! The devil will wear you for prom, and Castiel won't be there to drag our arse outta hell!
may odin smite you for that statement. may thor hammer you dead. what blasphemy. you have been deceived by loki, hela will wear you for prom. arrant nonsense.
Re: I Abandoned Religion And God Today. I'm Free. by OdinMacThor(m): 10:44pm On Apr 14, 2012
Haha! Lol! Good one Simon. Oh, you forgot to add that if the OP dies, his/her loved ones can't make a deal with a cross-roads demon. grin

2 Likes

Re: I Abandoned Religion And God Today. I'm Free. by OdinMacThor(m): 10:46pm On Apr 14, 2012
ea7: may odin smite you for that statement. may thor hammer you dead. what blasphemy. you have been deceived by loki, hela will wear you for prom. arrant nonsense.
Hey enough with the insults. That's my name you're using there, mortal.

2 Likes

Re: I Abandoned Religion And God Today. I'm Free. by Image123(m): 10:48pm On Apr 14, 2012
logicboy:

Spiritual fact? ? Are we making things up now
Maybe you are, i'm not. It's there in the BIBLE. Abi you feign ignorance about it being a spiritual book?
Re: I Abandoned Religion And God Today. I'm Free. by ea7(m): 10:51pm On Apr 14, 2012
Odin MacThor:
Hey enough with the insults. That's my name you're using there, mortal.
guy you dey dull oh, how ur new film? hear say dey bring anoda one commot this jnne, i prefer you in film to bros j or jehosuckmycock. smite this mofos for me willya' or u too dey use faith.

1 Like

Re: I Abandoned Religion And God Today. I'm Free. by Image123(m): 10:53pm On Apr 14, 2012
mazaje:

The koran says that all those that do not believe in what it says will rot in hell forever. . .spiritual fact. . .

Part of the verders say that you will reincarnate as a bat. . . .spiritual fact as well. . .
Oh well oh well, so now we're supposed to argue the superiority of the Bible? Never mind, take your chances, i'll take mine, you were warned though.
Re: I Abandoned Religion And God Today. I'm Free. by ea7(m): 10:53pm On Apr 14, 2012
Image123:
Maybe you are, i'm not. It's there in the BIBLE. Abi you feign ignorance about it being a spiritual book?
right with talking asses and seven headed dragons, i think after the talking trees and before the part a billion stars are flung to earth
Re: I Abandoned Religion And God Today. I'm Free. by mazaje(m): 10:54pm On Apr 14, 2012
Image123:

Another spiritual book called the koran says you are going to hell for believing in the bible, its not a threat just a statement of fact. . .
Re: I Abandoned Religion And God Today. I'm Free. by mazaje(m): 10:56pm On Apr 14, 2012
Image123:
Oh well oh well, so now we're supposed to argue the superiority of the Bible? Never mind, take your chances, i'll take mine, you were warned though.

The koran has warned you already, you will rot in hell for not believing in allah and his last messenger. . . .
Re: I Abandoned Religion And God Today. I'm Free. by Image123(m): 10:57pm On Apr 14, 2012
Martian:

Hell isn't real, but I'll let Forrest Gump tell you a spiritual fact like Image123.

Here are the words of Jesus Christ, fact. Bite me please.
"And fear not them which kill the body, but are not able to kill the soul: but rather fear him which is able to destroy both soul and body in hell. " (Matthew 10:28).
Re: I Abandoned Religion And God Today. I'm Free. by LogicMind: 10:59pm On Apr 14, 2012
Odin MacThor: I think I was born Atheist, 'cause as far back as I can remember, I never had that 'zeal' for religion. During my primary school days, we said the angelus every 12pm, had forced bible lesson after school, then when I got home on Mondays, was dragged to 'fellowship' at church. Meanwhile in my heart I always felt they were trying too hard to 'catch me young'.
I don't think I've ever believed in the concept of god, so as a kid I never had any qualms saying 'truth to god', whenever I had to swear I didn't do something that I did.

All men are born with a nose and ten fingers, but no one was born with a knowledge of God. - Voltaire
Re: I Abandoned Religion And God Today. I'm Free. by Image123(m): 11:01pm On Apr 14, 2012
ea7: right with talking asses and seven headed dragons, i think after the talking trees and before the part a billion stars are flung to earth
i do not understand what you wrote, really.
Re: I Abandoned Religion And God Today. I'm Free. by ea7(m): 11:02pm On Apr 14, 2012
Image123:
superiority? do you mean popularity? they are both equally the beleifs of men who lived long ago and are now misinterpreted by modern religionists.
i saw a thread today about a muslim in toronto seeing jesus his face is sooo unique you just know why can he show himself to others but not to all?.
Re: I Abandoned Religion And God Today. I'm Free. by Image123(m): 11:03pm On Apr 14, 2012
mazaje:

Another spiritual book called the koran says you are going to hell for believing in the bible, its not a threat just a statement of fact. . .
Oh be serious, you don't even believe the koran, do you?
Re: I Abandoned Religion And God Today. I'm Free. by Nobody: 11:05pm On Apr 14, 2012
See what all of your religious fanaticism has done to this poor, poor, absolutely-dumbshit-poor-she-needs-to-makeup-stories-'bout-dead-people-to-get-pity-and-feeding-money girl:

https://www.nairaland.com/632717/pope-john-paul-ii-michael

Now if I were still Catholic, I'd be compelled to pray for her soul. Imagine saying that asking for intercession from the Virgin Mary is idolatry. Oh the blasphemy! But now, statements like these just wash o'er me. Halleluia I'm saved!!! cheesy

1 Like

Re: I Abandoned Religion And God Today. I'm Free. by Image123(m): 11:06pm On Apr 14, 2012
mazaje:

The koran has warned you already, you will rot in hell for not believing in allah and his last messenger. . . .
It's the same book i'm told says its adherents should listen to Christ and christians for direction. i don't do koran and likes abeg, no 'interest' in such discuss. What's your position, you now believe the koran?
Re: I Abandoned Religion And God Today. I'm Free. by ea7(m): 11:06pm On Apr 14, 2012
Image123:
i do not understand what you wrote, really.
u said hell is in the bible and i said somewhere between talking asses (numbers) and talking trees (judges), seven headed dragons and a billion stars hurled to earth (revelations as read by modern fundies)

1 Like

Re: I Abandoned Religion And God Today. I'm Free. by Image123(m): 11:11pm On Apr 14, 2012
ea7: u said hell is in the bible and i said somewhere between talking asses (numbers) and talking trees (judges), seven headed dragons and a billion stars hurled to earth (revelations as read by modern fundies)
i'm sorry i have to deny you again. i do not know what you're saying. Can you bring up Bible verses, AND your point?
Re: I Abandoned Religion And God Today. I'm Free. by LogicMind: 11:12pm On Apr 14, 2012
Image123:
i'm sorry i have to deny you again. i do not know what you're saying. Can you bring up Bible verses, AND your point?

you as a christian should know the verses or are you spoon fed by your pastor?
Re: I Abandoned Religion And God Today. I'm Free. by OdinMacThor(m): 11:14pm On Apr 14, 2012
SimonAndal: See what all of your religious fanaticism has done to this poor, poor, absolutely-dumbshit-poor-she-needs-to-makeup-stories-'bout-dead-people-to-get-pity-and-feeding-money girl:

https://www.nairaland.com/632717/pope-john-paul-ii-michael

Now if I were still Catholic, I'd be compelled to pray for her soul. Imagine saying that asking for intercession from the Virgin Mary is idolatry. Oh the blasphemy! But now, statements like these just wash o'er me. Halleluia I'm saved!!! cheesy

Yeah, let's all pray for her, that she may see the evils of extreme fanaticism, and not become a Christian Abdulmutallab. IJN!!!

1 Like

Re: I Abandoned Religion And God Today. I'm Free. by ea7(m): 11:15pm On Apr 14, 2012
<<
<
=
=
>
>>

Show resources
Numbers 22
New International Version (NIV)
Numbers 22

Balak Summons Balaam

1 Then the Israelites traveled to the plains of Moab and camped along the Jordan across from Jericho.
2 Now Balak son of Zippor saw all that Israel had done to the Amorites, 3 and Moab was terrified because there were so many people. Indeed, Moab was filled with dread because of the Israelites.

4 The Moabites said to the elders of Midian, “This horde is going to lick up everything around us, as an ox licks up the grass of the field.”

So Balak son of Zippor, who was king of Moab at that time, 5 sent messengers to summon Balaam son of Beor, who was at Pethor, near the Euphrates River, in his native land. Balak said:

“A people has come out of Egypt; they cover the face of the land and have settled next to me. 6 Now come and put a curse on these people, because they are too powerful for me. Perhaps then I will be able to defeat them and drive them out of the land. For I know that whoever you bless is blessed, and whoever you curse is cursed.”

7 The elders of Moab and Midian left, taking with them the fee for divination. When they came to Balaam, they told him what Balak had said.

8 “Spend the night here,” Balaam said to them, “and I will report back to you with the answer the LORD gives me.” So the Moabite officials stayed with him.

9 God came to Balaam and asked, “Who are these men with you?”

10 Balaam said to God, “Balak son of Zippor, king of Moab, sent me this message: 11 ‘A people that has come out of Egypt covers the face of the land. Now come and put a curse on them for me. Perhaps then I will be able to fight them and drive them away.’”

12 But God said to Balaam, “Do not go with them. You must not put a curse on those people, because they are blessed.”

13 The next morning Balaam got up and said to Balak’s officials, “Go back to your own country, for the LORD has refused to let me go with you.”

14 So the Moabite officials returned to Balak and said, “Balaam refused to come with us.”

15 Then Balak sent other officials, more numerous and more distinguished than the first. 16 They came to Balaam and said:

“This is what Balak son of Zippor says: Do not let anything keep you from coming to me, 17 because I will reward you handsomely and do whatever you say. Come and put a curse on these people for me.”

18 But Balaam answered them, “Even if Balak gave me all the silver and gold in his palace, I could not do anything great or small to go beyond the command of the LORD my God. 19 Now spend the night here so that I can find out what else the LORD will tell me.”

20 That night God came to Balaam and said, “Since these men have come to summon you, go with them, but do only what I tell you.”

Balaam’s Donkey

21 Balaam got up in the morning, saddled his donkey and went with the Moabite officials. 22 But God was very angry when he went, and the angel of the LORD stood in the road to oppose him. Balaam was riding on his donkey, and his two servants were with him. 23 When the donkey saw the angel of the LORD standing in the road with a drawn sword in his hand, it turned off the road into a field. Balaam beat it to get it back on the road.
24 Then the angel of the LORD stood in a narrow path through the vineyards, with walls on both sides. 25 When the donkey saw the angel of the LORD, it pressed close to the wall, crushing Balaam’s foot against it. So he beat the donkey again.

26 Then the angel of the LORD moved on ahead and stood in a narrow place where there was no room to turn, either to the right or to the left. 27 When the donkey saw the angel of the LORD, it lay down under Balaam, and he was angry and beat it with his staff. 28 Then the LORD opened the donkey’s mouth, and it said to Balaam, “What have I done to you to make you beat me these three times?”

29 Balaam answered the donkey, “You have made a fool of me! If only I had a sword in my hand, I would kill you right now.”

30 The donkey said to Balaam, “Am I not your own donkey, which you have always ridden, to this day? Have I been in the habit of doing this to you?”

“No,” he said.
image123 here is the first, find the rest yourself, you cant be that dense, note that balaam wasnt suprised by a
talking ass

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (37) (Reply)

How To Answer The Question "Where Did Jesus Say, 'I Am God, Worship Me''? / 2020 Prophecies By Prophet Joshua Iginla / Rev Esther Ajayi Praises MC Oluomo, Leads Him To Greet Obasanjo, Ooni And Others

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.