Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,848 members, 7,820,958 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 05:12 AM

I'm Losing All My Married Female Friends - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / I'm Losing All My Married Female Friends (2115 Views)

Married Female Corp Member, Others Caught Having Group Sex In Orientation Camp / My Married Ex Wants To Compensate Me / She Is Losing All Her Friends And Family Because Of Me (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I'm Losing All My Married Female Friends by bolargeez(m): 10:44am On Apr 20, 2012
I was opportuned to grew up with and befriended some remarkable women. But, as we are growing older and many of them are getting married, communication between us keep diminishing.

These were ladies I considered my best buddies, some I dated and the rest were just my buddies.

Is there some stuff that made people to change after marriage? Although, I find it somehow difficult keeping conversation flowing among those that are still trying to reach out to me.

So folks, how best can one keep friendship with married female friends?
Re: I'm Losing All My Married Female Friends by Killz3(m): 10:51am On Apr 20, 2012
Shake my damned fccking head. . .

2 Likes

Re: I'm Losing All My Married Female Friends by Okontami: 11:47am On Apr 20, 2012
Influx of feeding bottle age group and those who are just growing milk teeth to Nairaland is really affecting the sanity of this place

1 Like

Re: I'm Losing All My Married Female Friends by bolargeez(m): 12:33pm On Apr 20, 2012
Okontami: Influx of feeding bottle age group and those who are just growing milk teeth to Nairaland is really affecting the sanity of this place

Sure you are one of em. If you cant give a reasonable advice to issues, is it not best to keep mute?

2 Likes

Re: I'm Losing All My Married Female Friends by kay9(m): 4:22pm On Apr 20, 2012
@OP, dude drag your head outta your backside and get real. Not to make light of your sadness, but c'mon man, how would you feel if your wife's best friend - one whom she shares secrets and time with - was a guy? Your friends are prolly just trying to protect their marriages.
Re: I'm Losing All My Married Female Friends by slimyem: 4:25pm On Apr 20, 2012
bolargeez: I was opportuned to grew up with and befriended some remarkable women. But, as we are growing older and many of them are getting married, communication between us keep diminishing.

These were ladies I considered my best buddies, some I dated and the rest were just my buddies.

Is there some stuff that made people to change after marriage? Although, I find it somehow difficult keeping conversation flowing among those that are still trying to reach out to me.

are you for real?
Read your last sentence and slap yourself real hard!
Mtcheeeeeeeew..
Nonsense!
Re: I'm Losing All My Married Female Friends by bolargeez(m): 7:45pm On Apr 20, 2012
Who are the friends of married women? Their nossy, gossipy friends I guess.
Re: I'm Losing All My Married Female Friends by Nobody: 8:08pm On Apr 20, 2012
bolargeez: Who are the friends of married women? Their nossy, gossipy friends I guess.
dem dey correct u. U no gree correct. It shows how fufu u are. If u get married u cud still be frnds to ur married buddies but if u are nt, stay clear & dnt be an asunDER in their marriages if you no want make thunDER fire you.
Re: I'm Losing All My Married Female Friends by Nobody: 8:56pm On Apr 20, 2012
i really do not understand why people are insulting the op. He is asking a valid question!
bolargeez: Who are the friends of married women? Their nossy, gossipy friends I guess.
The friends of married couples in general are other married couples. When you get married, the norm is you start hanging around other married people that are friends of both the wife and husband. Some people don't think it safe when married women or men hang around single folks.
I kind of understand you because I've made some remarkable, intelligent, amazing guy friends. And the thought of losing them because of marriage is quite saddening. The best thing to do is keep your distance unless you are willing to be friends with their husbands.
Re: I'm Losing All My Married Female Friends by bolargeez(m): 3:55pm On Apr 21, 2012
Thanks so much Shollypop. I still can't fathom why some people are quick to castigate and insult someone for simply asking questions. I wonder how they use to answer their young ones for asking so called stupid question. Well, I cant blame most of them, they are just toddlers in big boys skins.

There are some wonderful ladies friend I cant just stop relating to them simply because I am now married. So to married folks, single people are threat to their marriage bliss? No wonder marriage is so boring and uninteresting and the level of divorce is so high.

I wonder why you have to discard your best buddy that has been adding values to your life simply because you are now married. I hope not that my single siblings are also threat to my marriage.

Oh that is why people change after marriage. Mr and Mrs status are one unique title of transformation and full of pretense and unreality. You ceased to be yourself after marriage, I guess. To me, my friends will always be mine, no matter what. Ciao
Re: I'm Losing All My Married Female Friends by echobee(f): 7:26pm On Apr 21, 2012
wetin u wan do with them. leave them and let them enjoy their husbands
Re: I'm Losing All My Married Female Friends by pendo89(f): 8:04pm On Apr 21, 2012
bolargeez: I was opportuned to grew up with and befriended some remarkable women. But, as we are growing older and many of them are getting married, communication between us keep diminishing.

Well your question is genuine and it happens to a lot if single folks. First it's important to respect that institution of marriage.
Do not expect that you are going to spend as much time together as you used to..She has a bigger commitment,changed priorities and a marriage to build now.
I like people who know how to balance.Its wrong to just get rid of all your single friends because c'mmon don't u have a thing or two to teach them about marriage? There are things married people can learn from singles too you know.
You can introduce your single friend to your partner to remove any fears and doubts,assuming that the friends are level headed and sober.
If you feel left out in the cold,don't despair,keep the communication going cz at times people are so engrossed in stuff that constant communication becomes a challenge,but if you do your part of maintaining it they will appreciate.
Next behave! Don't go uninvited into their homes like u were used to.That is not her home alone rem.
Bottom line is Respect and knowing where the boundaries lay, Otherwise I see no big deal.

1 Like

Re: I'm Losing All My Married Female Friends by Nobody: 11:27pm On Apr 21, 2012
pendo89:

Well your question is genuine and it happens to a lot if single folks. First it's important to respect that institution of marriage.
Do not expect that you are going to spend as much time together as you used to..She has a bigger commitment,changed priorities and a marriage to build now.
I like people who know how to balance.Its wrong to just get rid of all your single friends because c'mmon don't u have a thing or two to teach them about marriage? There are things married people can learn from singles too you know.
You can introduce your single friend to your partner to remove any fears and doubts,assuming that the friends are level headed and sober.
If you feel left out in the cold,don't despair,keep the communication going cz at times people are so engrossed in stuff that constant communication becomes a challenge,but if you do your part of maintaining it they will appreciate.
Next behave! Don't go uninvited into their homes like u were used to.That is not her home alone rem.
Bottom line is Respect and knowing where the boundaries lay, Otherwise I see no big deal.

kai, u get time o. So if OP was married to you, you would be ok with it if he kept his past single female friends as close buddies hun? Make you & shollypopz and op dey deceive una self dey mislead all d mumu wey dey NL. Shiooo! tofiakwa!

1 Like

Re: I'm Losing All My Married Female Friends by passionate88: 12:32am On Apr 22, 2012
you want their husbands to be suspicious?. get married and be a family friend...

1 Like

Re: I'm Losing All My Married Female Friends by bolargeez(m): 6:24am On Apr 22, 2012
pendo89:

Now this is a genuine advice. It is all about adjustment and understanding as u rightly said. Sure, singles have a lot to learn from the married folks.
Re: I'm Losing All My Married Female Friends by Excelboi(m): 8:25am On Apr 22, 2012
How to be a friend with married women (who wia once ur frnd)? Are you still on ur mum's breast@op?
Re: I'm Losing All My Married Female Friends by pendo89(f): 10:41am On Apr 22, 2012
bennyraz: kai, u get time o. So if OP was married to you, you would be ok with it if he kept his past single female friends as close buddies hun? Make you & shollypopz and op dey deceive una self dey mislead all d mumu wey dey NL. Shiooo! tofiakwa!

I have sober mind and I interact with like minded individuals.I mingle and interact with all manner of people,single married,teens,kids.I know how to behave like Roman when I go to Rome. Keep boundaries and if you do not trust yourself or if your friend doesnt feel comfortable having you around then stay off for peace sake.
I cannot stop my partner from having single female friends! Is he a prisoner or child? What of single biz colleagues,Must I always suspect him everytime a woman calls?
Why should I be so insecure? It simply shows that I don't trust him at all.Then the problem is not the friends but him.

I dont even know why women/men spend so much time dealing with the the 3rd party.It only fuels the fire.
Manage/tame what you 'own' what is yours and set it free.His conscience won't allow him/her to do some things even if the opportunity presents itself.
Are there such men and women? of course.They owe it to their family and know what a vow means.
But I guess we are not all the same.
Re: I'm Losing All My Married Female Friends by Ishilove: 12:18pm On Apr 22, 2012
bolargeez: I was opportuned to grew up with and befriended some remarkable women.
*shudder*
Re: I'm Losing All My Married Female Friends by Nobody: 12:08am On Apr 23, 2012
pendo89:

I have sober mind and I interact with like minded individuals.I mingle and interact with all manner of people,single married,teens,kids.I know how to behave like Roman when I go to Rome. Keep boundaries and if you do not trust yourself or if your friend doesnt feel comfortable having you around then stay off for peace sake.
I cannot stop my partner from having single female friends! Is he a prisoner or child? What of single biz colleagues,Must I always suspect him everytime a woman calls?
Why should I be so insecure? It simply shows that I don't trust him at all.Then the problem is not the friends but him.

I dont even know why women/men spend so much time dealing with the the 3rd party.It only fuels the fire.
Manage/tame what you 'own' what is yours and set it free.His conscience won't allow him/her to do some things even if the opportunity presents itself.
Are there such men and women? of course.They owe it to their family and know what a vow means.
But I guess we are not all the same.
yes, we are not the same being. I just hope what you wrote here about yourself is the truth nothing but the whole truth if not? #GODISWATCHIN U
Re: I'm Losing All My Married Female Friends by Nobody: 4:00pm On Apr 23, 2012

In order to keep a happy home of course they will shy away! For one thing, it would be kind of odd to a man if his wife is constantly contacted by another man - friend or not. Some people believe it's impossible for male-female friendships with no interests..I for one know it can happen but some people don't.

If you try and make an effort to interact with their husbands and inform them that you have no ill will or intentions then perhaps it would be a little easier for you to rekindle the friendship you had with these women. Besides, some people grow up and change. It is very possible to "outgrow" your loved ones/friends. The mentality you have now I am sure is different from what you had 20, 10 hell even 5 years ago! So perhaps, and I hate to say it, they have outgrown the "tightness" (get your mind out of the gutter! grin) that you once shared. Who knows?
Re: I'm Losing All My Married Female Friends by MrsChima(f): 12:31am On Apr 24, 2012
My girls definitely come before Mr. Chima.
Re: I'm Losing All My Married Female Friends by Tyche(m): 11:46am On Apr 24, 2012
Mrs.Chima:
My girls definitely come before Mr. Chima.
vice versa?
Re: I'm Losing All My Married Female Friends by pendo89(f): 12:03pm On Apr 24, 2012
bennyraz: yes, we are not the same being. I just hope what you wrote here about yourself is the truth nothing but the whole truth if not? #GODISWATCHIN U

Life is too short to live in pretence.I lack the energy to act really.

And why does every thread have this 'GOD IS WATCHING YOU'? Did TB warn people?? undecided
Re: I'm Losing All My Married Female Friends by TroyJay(m): 2:05pm On Apr 24, 2012

How would you feel if your wife told you her best buddy is a guy? There is no best way to keep friendship with a married female friend. If you don't respect your friend enough to know that she is married, and she needs her space, RESPECT HER HUSBAND!
Re: I'm Losing All My Married Female Friends by dadicvila(m): 2:52pm On Apr 24, 2012
Was even about to create a similar thread,for guys as we get into our mid twenties,we realise that some of our female buddies are getting married,it presents a problem,do we abandon them to face their marriages or we keep being buddies with them,it certainly presents a problem so you guys should contribute sensibly or leave the thread joh!!was telling a female friend last night that immediately she gets married thats the end of our close friendship because i dont feel comfortable with married women and she said am joking,that nothing changes,i believe its different stroke 4 different folks
Re: I'm Losing All My Married Female Friends by bolargeez(m): 4:07pm On Apr 24, 2012
dadicvila: Was even about to create a similar thread,for guys as we get into our mid twenties,we realise that some of our female buddies are getting married,it presents a problem,do we abandon them to face their marriages or we keep being buddies with them,it certainly presents a problem so you guys should contribute sensibly or leave the thread joh!!was telling a female friend last night that immediately she gets married thats the end of our close friendship because i dont feel comfortable with married women and she said am joking,that nothing changes,i believe its different stroke 4 different folks

I lost my best when she got hooked. Communication just stopped abruptly. I wonder the essence of our friendship of 25 years. Instead of yabbing the op, we should own up that once or more we have experienced the similar situation. I beg let be constructive and try to see things from intellectual perspective.
Re: I'm Losing All My Married Female Friends by MrsChima(f): 12:20am On Apr 25, 2012
Tyche:

Sure. vice versa?

(1) (Reply)

Take Her To The Family Or Not? / The Male Folks Are Becoming A Big Disapointment / The Reason Why Most Ladies Couldn't Find Mr. Right

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.