Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,485 members, 7,819,761 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 10:38 PM

Weight Loss/gain For Ladies Trying To Conceive - Health (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Weight Loss/gain For Ladies Trying To Conceive (197975 Views)

Pregnant After Trying To Conceive (ttc)?pls Come In To Chat/share With Others!! / Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC / How To Conceive A Baby Boy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (83) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Weight Loss/gain For Ladies Trying To Conceive by pslm23(f): 7:46pm On Apr 24, 2012
I'm glad i decided to visit the Health forum today (on company time grin )
I'm also ttc'ing but going the IVF route. On my first IVF journey, because of the injectables and other hormonal meds i was on, my weight like tripled. I was a whooping 250 pounds. Even though my fertility doc didn't talk about my size or tell me i needed to loose weight, i knew it had to come off before my next IVF cycle began.
I'm not a big fan of excersise and can't really do much cos of my back problem, so the first thing i did was get rid of all things sweet, no more bread (and i used to eat only wheat but in my head now, bread is bread), no more potatoes. i'm addicted to rice so i switched to brown rice (more healthier). No more fried food or fast food places, I cook with only olive oil (even though it has no taste). No more soda/pop. After maybe a month of all that change, I think all i lost was maybe 5 pounds. I weighed myself on the 23rd of Dec last year and was shocked to find out that i had put back the weight i lost plus jara! On the 25th (christmas day) i went Vegan. No more meat or anything made from meat or fish product. My daily food intake consists of 85% vegetables, 10% carbs and 5% fruits.It was a really hard and radical process but i was determined that in 2012 i will not have this weight when i start my second IVF journey. It paid off. I'm 199 pounds now. I still have like 20 more pounds to go before i reach my ideal weight goal. Also, i don't pay attention to the BMI calculation! I believe it was designed for white people and not African women. When i wasn't that heavy, the BMI was calling me Morbidly Obese.
Anyway, I'm glad Rocksqueen started this topic. A lot of us ttc'ing ladies are going through a lot mentally; so anything out there that will give us a glimmer of hope and encourage us to keep pressing forward while making changes in our lifestyles so we can achieve our heart desires to be mothers, we will do.
God bless us all...and our patient hubbies who have to deal with the weight gains, mood swings and everything else.

1 Like

Re: Weight Loss/gain For Ladies Trying To Conceive by pslm23(f): 8:00pm On Apr 24, 2012
sorry, i forgot to mention my height:

5'6
199 lbs
target weight goal: 175 lbs
Exercise: None (i go for physical therapy 3x a week to strengthen my core due to the back injury. PT has helped flatten my stomach sha grin i'm even begining to have a 6 pack)
I'm lactose intolerant so it's always been soy or almond milk for me. recently they found out that Almond milk has more protein than regular cow milk... Last week i learnt how to make my own almond milk from scratch so that's what i do.
Raw almond nuts is extremely good for the digestive system. It also acts like a natural laxative for me and cleans me out good. I eat my almonds with dried cranberry fruit.
Re: Weight Loss/gain For Ladies Trying To Conceive by Nobody: 8:20pm On Apr 24, 2012
@Hebrew woman am so down with the cardio exercises infact will start 2moro.
I'll skip 4 30mins den use d cycling machine at home-which has been covered with dust.It hasn't been 2 easy bt I've been very diciplined.I had one little wrap of wheat and egusi/lots of veg/titus.
Don't knw wats on 4 dinner,may just take mangoes.bad as e bad, I must loose 3kg wen I weigh on sunday.lol
Re: Weight Loss/gain For Ladies Trying To Conceive by Hebrewwoman1: 8:53pm On Apr 24, 2012
@believer84, am so glad smeone is down with the cardio work out. U'l see how good u'l feel after each work out. I start 2mrw as well, so lets do this.....am so excited.

Ladies,
I've also added 3 cups of green tea daily to my diet starting 2day. Y'all should join me as well.

1 Like

Re: Weight Loss/gain For Ladies Trying To Conceive by Nobody: 11:17pm On Apr 24, 2012
Thanks[b] moretes[/b],amazing post..I am taking the cinnamon tonight.

Nefertiti,you are now a master oo shocked shocked

Rocksqueen,I await your input for the day-muhehehehehe.Shay na you chop bread,i dey wait!

Pslm23 - Welcomee,im soo jealous of ya 6 pack abss cry cry,I want that.How does being a vegan feel?Can't give up my roasted meat oo.. grin

Hebrewwoman -You really want to kill us in this thread,that cardio seems wikid but errm i will try..I love your food log by the way

Believer - hehehehehe 3 kg by faya by force..na you cause me to stay awake and try push up..

Udoka swallow - You won't leave my booty workout..can't wait to get rid of that lump of flesh abeg,the thing sticks out in clothes and makes me uncomfortable.Gi na onye fasting this night??hehehehehehehehe.I am taking the cinnamon tonigght oo lemme see if there will be any changes.I refer to Nnelucky for all those who want to add flesh.i want ozugbo ozugbo testimonies joo.

Lexoria - thanks for the encouragement!

Welcome twinkles286, the war has started,take up your arms and join us

MSTIA- Your food log for yesterday looked suspicious oo,everything 50%..You may be needing koboko oo wink.Meanwhile,i think it's better to eat heavier during the day than night as per the soup and wheat..

If anything happens to me,i blame all of you setting high jump angry angry angry
Re: Weight Loss/gain For Ladies Trying To Conceive by Hebrewwoman1: 3:46am On Apr 25, 2012
@Seanbell, ur too funny. If one hour is too much start 4rm 30mins n work your way up.

Am so proud of myself, i did really well today, I didnt cheat and i ate very healthy. I carry a water bottle with me now to anywhr am going, so am constantly drinking water through out the day. I learnt that 4rm my sister. Water makes you feel slightly full throughout the day and then when you eat you wont eat so much.

Also my Dr gave me the ok, so one hour cardio begins 2mrw..whooohooo!!!!
Re: Weight Loss/gain For Ladies Trying To Conceive by Lisaa(f): 4:26am On Apr 25, 2012
Lose weight. Why we talk about this topic everyday?
When can I actually lose weightsad
Re: Weight Loss/gain For Ladies Trying To Conceive by RocksQueen: 4:46am On Apr 25, 2012
@Hebrewwoman!choi! Another bomb! Just after I congratulated myself that I tried in the cardio aspect today! Anyway, I opt for the dancing for one hour...myt as well have fun wyl am at it! Only that I need company or an audience...so dh is gonna sit thru my dancing and also enjoy it angry lol!

Update
Exercise 1: Wee hours Cardio on the 'babydance machine' courtesy of DH plus 5mins cardio on the cross stepper at 6am,courtesy of DH too (I asked for support,but I wan cry when dh wake me up again at that 6am)

Breakfast: Small glass of Aloe vera....one small Mango, plenty hunger for belle

Lunch: Bread and water

Exercise 2:10min cardio on the cross stepper

Dinner: Plantain flour and vegetable soup

Exercise 3 (at 3:30am): 15mins cardio on the cross stepper

Back to sleep!
@seanbell, If to say u see this bread ehn u for beef me! Its a bakery somewhere in Gbagada. The bread came straight from the oven, I was shaking! But after the guilt and exercises that followed, I realised that it wasn't worth it!Its not gonna be easy but...we are a determined bunch!
Re: Weight Loss/gain For Ladies Trying To Conceive by RocksQueen: 4:50am On Apr 25, 2012
Lisaa: Lose weight. Why we talk about this topic everyday?
When can I actually lose weightsad

Hi lisaa and welcome. Are you ttc? What's ur stats and what have you tried?
Re: Weight Loss/gain For Ladies Trying To Conceive by udoka2: 9:38am On Apr 25, 2012
Morning everybody

Seanbell.. you are making this forum so lively.. keep it up deartongue, and thanks for not landing your koboko on me for the yam pottage. Since l no feet eat eba, make l dey lick my soup nowgrin. this nite l may likely blend the ugu leaf as juice lol..i must win!

All,

I like the way most you logged ur food, and l think its better we log at the end of the days' eating. Me l don eat for this morning, will log all together at night.

Situation Report
The scale on Sunday may not say l don reduce, but me l like myself now..l feel so light and good about myself. No more bloatness, feeling of heaviness, breathing fast when l claim stair..l thank God for joining this forum seriously. Yesterday the shirt l worn, it usually fits me in the morning but during afternoon/evening, l will have to hold my tummy to feel comfortable in it, but yesterday mennnnnnnnn l felt the same way as in the morning throughout the day. The one am wearing today is already loose.... So so happy. I have to make this a permanent lifestyle!
Courtesy of all of you. Sending tonguetonguetonguetonguetonguetonguetonguetongue to everyone here!

1 Like

Re: Weight Loss/gain For Ladies Trying To Conceive by MSTIA: 11:28am On Apr 25, 2012
Morning lovely ladies, @Seanbell, abeg I dodge your koboko ooo,though the wheat was very small sha. Udoka as per the pineapple, also heard the same thing on it. I am really glad to be part of this forum. Right now my tummy has reduced ooo. The way I know I have added weight without standing on scale is from my tummy. Infact while I was busy jogging inside the room yesterday, DH laughed and asked, Is this what you and your online friends had agreed to do today?.Luv Y'all.
Re: Weight Loss/gain For Ladies Trying To Conceive by argent(f): 11:44am On Apr 25, 2012
@ all sorry I cldnt enter my log yersterday, was a busy.

For breakfast, had green tea n vegetable with fish.

Lunch, amala (small portion) n veg with beef

Dinner was Eko n my water leaf veg.
I felt dizzy thruout yersterday.
Today na serious story o, am sure am going to get flogged at the end of today.
Re: Weight Loss/gain For Ladies Trying To Conceive by RocksQueen: 6:35pm On Apr 25, 2012
@Pslm. Welcome on board. Sorry bout the failed ivf! The next one will be it! Or better yet, you may just get a bfp miracle b4 u even do it!
Thanks for that info on bmi o! When dem tell me 'morbidly obese' I first fear cos I knew that it wasn't that bad! Now am even bigger and I just face my weight loss target and forget their yeye results! Baby dust all around!
Re: Weight Loss/gain For Ladies Trying To Conceive by udoka2: 8:07pm On Apr 25, 2012
SGud evening my people

Day 3. I tried to mimic hebrew woman style, though I no chop oyibo melimeligrin

Morning; carrot and water
Mid morn: watermelon
Lunch. One small wrap of amala with efo(veg)n beef
Mid Afternoon; water melon
Evening: one boiled egg
Nite: my UGUlised juice grin
And mmmmh and I come lick the pot of jollof spagetty I cooked for DH

Oya I dey wait for una. Btw where's Mrskem and Ebony13 una don convert am to dry fasting? Abegi I dey wait 4 una log. Its not easy but we are determined! And don't be afraid of seanbell's koboko, ask Rocksqueen, the koboko is not painfulgrin
Re: Weight Loss/gain For Ladies Trying To Conceive by udoka2: 8:16pm On Apr 25, 2012
argent: @ all sorry I cldnt enter my log yersterday, was a busy.

For breakfast, had green tea n vegetable with fish.

Lunch, amala (small portion) n veg with beef

Dinner was Eko n my water leaf veg.
I felt dizzy thruout yersterday.
Today na serious story o, am sure am going to get flogged at the end of today.

Don't be too hard on urself dear. We will get there!
Re: Weight Loss/gain For Ladies Trying To Conceive by Nobody: 8:55pm On Apr 25, 2012
Evening ladies
How's it going?the key to overcoming temptation is dicipline and focus on the prize.lol
So today was full of temptation.first there was hot burns in the office canteen and then there was fried plantain.but I resisted.Yipee!
Anyway I had 3fingers of bananas for breakfast.skipped for 15mins.
Lunch had a small wrap of amala and efo/fish. Dinner-goat peppersoup-hope that's ok.
Re: Weight Loss/gain For Ladies Trying To Conceive by RocksQueen: 10:11pm On Apr 25, 2012
@believe84. Nice meal choices. Red meat isn't too good for us but who is d pot to call the kettle black!

Breakfast: 6 balls of Akara and water

Lunch: vegetable salad and stew fish

Dinner: vegetable salad and stripped beef with buffalo wings.

Exercise: pls I beg to postpone. I lost my footing and fell down on my butt! Ankle feels tender so I can't put much weight on it..
Re: Weight Loss/gain For Ladies Trying To Conceive by nefertitiram: 11:07pm On Apr 25, 2012
Hallo girls!
I just got back from work!
Breakfast: 1 egg and 1 small moi moi
Lunch: 2 banana's and 4 apples, the hunger was so intense, I became lie headed
Dinner: I went to Jeviniks Restaurant and ordered myself bitterleaf soup and 1 very big fish! Without swallow ☺! I was so stuffed! Okay, I cheated again, I de munch 1 obalende chin chin as I de type right now!*dodging the koboko*

I wanna do small yoga tonight before I crash, to compensate!

My belly has also reduced, and my colleague says my face is dropping! I think I heard droopy, bt who cares?
Re: Weight Loss/gain For Ladies Trying To Conceive by Nobody: 12:15am On Apr 26, 2012
Breakfast-Nil fasting till 12(religious)

Lunch -2 moimoi,2 small drumsticks and half a glass of fruit juice

Snack -Handful of black grapes and half of a small honeydew lemon

Dinner -Beans and 1 small drumstick plus fruit juice

Exercise- 300 jump ropes,15 minutes of Jillian michaels 30 day shred(was interrupted mid way),100 bicep curls,3 sets of 15 front dumbell raises,2 sets of 10 lateral raises and knackson.
Have to up my water intake,i don't like the way water tastes..I also made coleslaw to be eaten tomo..just plain carrots and cabbage,will do with light mayo.

Udoka,how does that ugu taste?? lipsrsealed lipsrsealed,you strong oo

Nefertiti no dodging,i have a gift for you,scroll down

RocksQueen,sorry for the fall o!tAKE AM EASY...1 LASH FOR THE AKARA(It's fried).

Believer,your log is very nice,what is efo?what's amala made of?It sounds like something that needs bulala angry

Argent,I am the commander in cane flogging...just log your report for the day and present ya back for some heavy strokes

MSTIA,how far naa??Your name go enter cane loving group today?

Hebrewwoman,you have a confession for me today? wink

MrsKem and Ebony,Come Baack,No need to talk,kneel down and raise ya hand..d cane na for ear cheesy cheesy

Meanwhile,i cannot walk well anymore,thanks to you gals on this thread...Una well done oo!!na teeth i dey use type now cos my hand and leg muscle dey pain me now cry cry

good job girls by the way,we are getting there

CHOOSE YOUR SPEC.... smiley

Re: Weight Loss/gain For Ladies Trying To Conceive by RocksQueen: 3:23am On Apr 26, 2012
@canemistress! Abeg no make me laf for midnyt o! grin meanwhile ur exercise routines are so on point! Beta person...But d day u 4kup! Na wire we go take flog u for leg..that type wey go dey make u jump as we dey flog!Tnx for the sorry,I was wearing a wedge that's why the fall affected my ankles (sob story to evoke sympathy instead of flogging)

@nefertitiram: lol! If u wanna know how plantain flour tastes,ask for it at Jev. They are the ones dat even made me start eating it! Also yoga sound interesting...is it something that makes u sweat? Post some routines here lemme see if I can do them now that my feet ache!

@udoka! (Salutes)Respect! As in ur immunity sef go skyrocket!Ugu leaf juice as dinner?e be like say na u go lose that 8kg o! Keep it up!

@argent: post ya story and present ya bumbum for the bulala!Choose fat cain,the slim cane naim dey pain pass!

@all. Where una dey o! No fear yab, just post ya update. Small changes to ur existing diet goes a long way u know? Logging it helps us work on it.
Re: Weight Loss/gain For Ladies Trying To Conceive by Hebrewwoman1: 5:28am On Apr 26, 2012
@Seanbell I have serious confessionnfor you, I did extremely well 2day.

I am so proud of myself. I started the day off with a cup of green tea and then I did my one hour cardio....I must confess my thighs and ankle are not finding it funny at all, they are sore as hell. Hope I can run 2mrw.

Anyway,
Breakfast: ham sandwich with lots veggies (didn't put cheese).
Midday: one banana
Afternoon: brown rice and chicken stew with carrots, green and lettuce
Evening: 1/4 of an oatmeal cookie
Dinner: boiled plantain and spinach and ukpaka(not sure wat it's called in English oo, I think oil bean). I added one tea spoon of red oil to the sauce.

I knw red oil is bad but mehn dat my sauce needed some kind of oil. The good thing is that the red oil we have here is processed and is cholesterol free tho it's a bit healthier than the one in Nigeria.

Am so looking forward to 2mrw. Eating healthy makes you feel so good!!!
Re: Weight Loss/gain For Ladies Trying To Conceive by mrskem09(f): 9:09am On Apr 26, 2012
Laff won kill me dis morning @ Seanbell I followed Udoka advice to log in d morning so :

Breackfast: Small portion size of rice with Lots of Vegetable.(include avocado)& turkey 1/4.

Lunch: The Remaining Avocado & 3 Orange.

Dinner: 2slice of bread with lots of vegetable and 1/4 turkey

Exercise Route; Could not do my yoga hubby had guess around. so did 1 settled for baby dance grin

Hope am on course? cool
Re: Weight Loss/gain For Ladies Trying To Conceive by udoka2: 9:10am On Apr 26, 2012
My beautiful ladies, all of una dey do great! Keep it up, we must win.. l can see plenty BFP announcement very soon.

On my UGUlised juices, it tastes somehow like water. Chill it and put a pinch of salt and you will like it. I made the one that will last me till Friday... l no dey joke!

Seanbell... you mean biz oo, with ur physical and knackson exercise, BTW we dey fear ur robe koboko, u now dey introduce iron koboko,abegi oooogrin.
Efo is yoruba vegetable soup made with Shoko (dont know the english name) and tete (Green) . Amala is Yam flour.
Rockqueen; pele my sister, l pray your tender ankle heals fast. In the meantime continue with your Cardio exercise on the Baby dancing machine lolllllllllllllllllllllllll whenever l read this l laugh and laugh.

Wishing everyone a blessed day!

Ebony and others wey neva log, l dey wait una own!

cheers friends!
Re: Weight Loss/gain For Ladies Trying To Conceive by udoka2: 9:16am On Apr 26, 2012
Mrkem
Seanbell will give her verdict on your food loggrin.
However l think say u did well, but the bread meennnnn, you for substitute with wheat bread, abi na wheat bread u chop?
Carry go with the BD exercise, its well allowed here!
Re: Weight Loss/gain For Ladies Trying To Conceive by MSTIA: 9:47am On Apr 26, 2012
Goodmorning all, @ Canemistress (Seanbell) I dodge your cane ooo grin grin grin, was very busy yesterday
breakfast: fertil tea+ 4 oatmeal biscuit
lunch : 6 bananas
Dinner: I had my wheat again oooo(very small portion ooo, for fear of having seanbell's cane on my head lipsrsealed lipsrsealed) more of the veg soup + beef, was too tired to prepare something else.
exercise: nil (I was just too tired to do anything oo, May God help us) though tried to stay awake for over 2 hours before going to bed,

To make up for my daily exercise, I have decided to use the stairs every morning (my office is on the fifth floor of the building), most times I get home late and very tired (Courtesy Lagos traffic)

today
breakfast : fertil tea (have a problem taking breakfast, because it usually make me very tired & dizzy)
lunch : veggies without cream + chicken
Dinner :Beans + (yet to decide)

@all is noddles healthy (i mean with veggies in it)

Luv y'all, Have a lovely day.
Re: Weight Loss/gain For Ladies Trying To Conceive by udoka2: 10:43am On Apr 26, 2012
MSTIA
Well done. Lagos traffic is something else.. am very lucky to be getting home early, though l work in the island but Ikoyi shaa, which is must better in term of traffic to VI.

Noodle is not very healthy but with enough Veggies,, maybe you will receive only one lash of canegrin. I love noodles very well, will be looking out for the wheat version of it by nextweek. I will let you know when l buy it. In the meantime eat small portion with plenty veggies. We must win!
Re: Weight Loss/gain For Ladies Trying To Conceive by nefertitiram: 12:41pm On Apr 26, 2012
udoka2: MSTIA
Well done. Lagos traffic is something else.. am very lucky to be getting home early, though l work in the island but Ikoyi shaa, which is must better in term of traffic to VI.

Noodle is not very healthy but with enough Veggies,, maybe you will receive only one lash of canegrin. I love noodles very well, will be looking out for the wheat version of it by nextweek. I will let you know when l buy it. In the meantime eat small portion with plenty veggies. We must win!

Also my trick is to cook half of 1 indomie packet with plenty titus 'eja tuntun' fish and tomatoes and onions and Green pepper! Yummy just thhinking about it!

You girls rock! I actually am committed to this because of you all. One Love
Re: Weight Loss/gain For Ladies Trying To Conceive by Nobody: 2:18pm On Apr 26, 2012
Hello ladies how's it going?
i fell into temptation last night after sucumbing to hussy's offer to eat with him. embarassed
Anyways i made up this morning with bananas and tea.
I would also want to suggest that as many of us who are able, can fast in the month of may(break at 12pm).
Besides cleansing the system, sometimes TTC is beyond our control hence God's grace.
My mum suggested that i wake up at night 12-1am to pray because oftentimes it helps to be spiritually alert.
My leave begins on the ist of may and hopefully i should begin fasting may 1st.
We will be in Dubai for 2 weeks but i have resolved within me to resist any temptation to feast on fatty/high cholestoral diets.
Baby Dust and God bless you all
Re: Weight Loss/gain For Ladies Trying To Conceive by RocksQueen: 3:39pm On Apr 26, 2012
@believer84. How you take know wetin I dey think? Am with u on this. May 1st is it then! Anyone else care to join?
Re: Weight Loss/gain For Ladies Trying To Conceive by Nobody: 4:08pm On Apr 26, 2012
@RocksQueen, na God at work o.Lol
We can also share biblical passages as we go on the fast.
Here's a useful link-diet wise for everyone
http://www.fitness-diet.becomegorgeous.com/healthy_diets/7_daily_smart_diet_tips-7537.html
Re: Weight Loss/gain For Ladies Trying To Conceive by Nobody: 6:25pm On Apr 26, 2012
Here's a blog i stumbled on-http://healthylivingguy.com/blog/
very very useful
Re: Weight Loss/gain For Ladies Trying To Conceive by Hebrewwoman1: 7:13pm On Apr 26, 2012
@ believer84 and rocksqueen, am so down with the fasting, anything to win this battle

I really encourage more ladies to join the fast, cos there power in the prayer of agreement.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (83) (Reply)

Dream Says Lot About Your Life Knows Yours Interpretation / The Advantages And Disadvantages Of Masturbation / I Need To Put On Weight, Please Help!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 98
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.