Stats: 3,153,344 members, 7,819,219 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 12:54 PM

Weight Loss/gain For Ladies Trying To Conceive - Health (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Weight Loss/gain For Ladies Trying To Conceive (197951 Views)

Pregnant After Trying To Conceive (ttc)?pls Come In To Chat/share With Others!! / Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC / How To Conceive A Baby Boy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (83) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Weight Loss/gain For Ladies Trying To Conceive by Nobody: 4:40pm On Apr 28, 2012
Thanks Beleiever and Udoka...I am joining the fast,he is healed,Amen!!

Tomorrow is day of reckoning,i am going out to get the old school scale this evening,hehehehehehehehe
Fear de catch me ooo!!!
Re: Weight Loss/gain For Ladies Trying To Conceive by udoka2: 5:39pm On Apr 28, 2012
Seanbell that's a gud article, abeg make we no get to d said plateau, I can't stand d fustration. BTW do u guys notice that this weight loss diet is getting expensive? E no easy ooo, we are determined!

At d vigil ysternite, I was tempted to check my weight, if I had scale in this my house nothing will make me not to have weigh myself since, hebrewwoman I envy ur power of control - waiting till even monday Hahahha impossicant for me.

Seanbell u asked one ?above. Eko is yoruba name for Agidi ...Rockqueen wats d english name? My eng teacher ...go girl!grin
Re: Weight Loss/gain For Ladies Trying To Conceive by MSTIA: 6:04pm On Apr 28, 2012
@Rocksqueen, infact the toilet issue no be small thing oo. I am so happy with my self, and glad that I subscribed to this,I pray I will not give up.

My log for today.
Breakfast: skipped
Mid day: 1/2 pkt of noodles with plenty of vegies + fish. (Really enjoyed it)
Lunch: Apples
Dinner: wheat+ vegetable soup
We will not loose.
Re: Weight Loss/gain For Ladies Trying To Conceive by MSTIA: 6:42pm On Apr 28, 2012
@Seanbell, by the stripes of Jesus of on the cross of calvary ur Hubby is healed IJN.
Re: Weight Loss/gain For Ladies Trying To Conceive by udoka2: 7:54pm On Apr 28, 2012
Day 6

Morning. Woke u late, effect of d vigil
Mid morning. Snacked on tiger nuts
Afternoon. 4pcs of boild unriped plantain with egg and veg sauce.
Mid afternoon. 2pcs of mangoes
Nite. 1/2 pkt of indomie with lots of veggies (carrot, cabbages and onions) and one egg.

@MTISIA
Really enjoyed it too. When DH saw it, he said if the food was for loosing weight, he won't mind joining usgrin.
Re: Weight Loss/gain For Ladies Trying To Conceive by RocksQueen: 7:56pm On Apr 28, 2012
@udoka. Lol! So true about the cost of this ttc. Agidi is a locally made white corn pudding. Very similar to blancmange
Getting to the plateau is the worst thing u can imagine to weight watcher.
@seanbell. Nice article,it shall not be our portion o!
Re: Weight Loss/gain For Ladies Trying To Conceive by RocksQueen: 8:42pm On Apr 28, 2012
@seanbell! Hah! Just read bout dh. You are the Lord's waiting room and He will not allow anytin happen to ur better half! Keep praying, we'll keep praying for you! It is well in Jesus' Name!I will not say sorry cos there will be nothing for us to be sorry for concerning this! I will only say 'the Lord is done it already and HE shall be ur strength till your dh is fully healed!Amen!
Re: Weight Loss/gain For Ladies Trying To Conceive by Nobody: 9:44pm On Apr 28, 2012
Thanks MSTIA,Rocksqueen,Udoka,Believer..
We recieve his healing,Amen!!

Breakfast-1 pancake and 1 cup orange juice

Lunch - 3 strawberries,half a honeydew lemon.

Dinner- 1 moimoi and a plate of salad

EXERCISE-
12 SETS OF 15 -Biceps curls
5 SETS OF 15 - Lateral presses
500 jumpropes
4 sets of 15 - front presses
3 sets of 15- something rows

20 side crunches
10 bicycle crunches(nearly died)
10 pushups (abegg i no fit)

level 1 jillian michael 30 day shred...

I have bought the scale,yipeeee!!!!!
Tomorrow na tomorrow eee grin grin

GIRLS WE ARE DOING WELL,BEAUTIFUL LOGSS!!!!
Re: Weight Loss/gain For Ladies Trying To Conceive by RocksQueen: 10:59pm On Apr 28, 2012
Exercise. 30 mins cardio(dancing and sweating)

Breakfast: Banana and few peanuts

Afternoon: Vegetable Salad and grilled fish

Dinner: 4tablespoons of rice plenty of vegetables, beef. One small wrap of eba and okra plus Egusi soup. Creme brulee (one table spoon),cream caramel (one teaspoon), Apple tart (one teaspoon). Fruits. (make una no vex, was at a buffet style dinner)
Re: Weight Loss/gain For Ladies Trying To Conceive by Hebrewwoman1: 5:50am On Apr 29, 2012
@Rocksqueen, na serious koboko u go receive. I no too blame u jare, me sef I no do too well 2day, a friend invited us for dinner and she had all sorts but I tried too hold myself.

My log
Breakfast- 1 pancake (no syrup), with veggies n carrot
Midday- no snack
Afternoon- 1 wrap moi moi, 1 drumstick with veggies n carrot
Evening- 1 ginger lemon cookie
dinner- jollof rice with few pieces of fried plantain and chicken.

Seanbell I knw I jst made ur day, but remember it's d weekend so cut us sme slack oh jare!!

I had a really gud workout 2day, I really worked on toning my body.

@Seanbell, dnt wry dear God is with ur DH. He is Healed IJN....Amen.
Re: Weight Loss/gain For Ladies Trying To Conceive by Nobody: 8:59am On Apr 29, 2012
Ojigbijigbi!!! What am i seeeing here ooo!!! shocked shocked shocked shocked
Caramel,cream,jollof rice...Kaiiiii!!! I love todayyy

[b]hebrewwoman[/b],eheeeee!! Finally grin grin
This is weekend though so no lashes,we are allowed one cheat meal..Mine will be today,i don't know what yet..
Thanks for the prayers,i am grateful.We receive the healing oo!!

RocksQueen,hehehehehehhehehe.Na real buffet ooo.Dunno how you held yourself.I don't know how i have managed so far cos when i think of the proteins i have to eat,my heart sinks.But they say it is necessary for all over toning esp since i am doing strength training(abegg low impact).But err,just still arrange your ears.. cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

@ All,my anniversary is this week,lol.I praise God that we are doing well and God has been good to us.From mid may till mid june,i'll be taking exams..the coaching classes will be from 9am till 7pm,so i will be missing for a while and may only write short updates.I'll also be away from DH so no BD cry cry cry
pUT ME IN PRAYERS.e be like say i be queen of prayer requests smiley
Re: Weight Loss/gain For Ladies Trying To Conceive by Nobody: 9:05am On Apr 29, 2012
So i have weighed in,i could't wait any more.....
Drumroll...papapapapaparapaaaapapapapapapapapapa

69kgs from 72.6kgs.It's very small but I thank God.I still have like 11kgs to go..My aim is like 2 kgs per week or at least 1.5kg.My belly looks flatter,my arms are not soft if touched.I am thinking of buying protein shakes but DH said he doesn't want to live with a fellow man(as in me getting muscles,hehehehehe).
He health is improving , we are getting there.I just don't want any relapses..

Thanks girls,for all the support.Lets burn the flame into next week,love you all!
Re: Weight Loss/gain For Ladies Trying To Conceive by udoka2: 12:10pm On Apr 29, 2012
@Rockqueen eku enjoy ooo
@seanbell, God is not tired of our prayers requests,He will attend to all that concerns you. Congrats on ur wedding anniversary and your new weight.

I have just checked mine, today I asked one of the nurses in the church office to check for me cos that scale is too sophisticated, it showed 87kg - I dey vex oooo, so na only one kg I lost for the whole week? Hoowever, I also checked on the old school scale and it said 85.5kg. She advised I go with the first result, and shd not be discouraged. Nothing spoil, the good news is that I eat healthy and my tummy has reduced, I fit better in my clothes!
I pray we all get our BFPs soooooooon

@rockqueen, u don see say I no reduce as u dey expect.
@all, I hv more muscles as in I look thick and big, my body is hard, unlike some pple whose body are soft and shakes when they walk. I don't lknow if this has an impact in my inability to reduce as anticipated.

IAM DETERMINED this jara weight MUST go!
Re: Weight Loss/gain For Ladies Trying To Conceive by Nobody: 1:11pm On Apr 29, 2012
Mennn,i just realised that calories abound in food...
1 small french baguette is 300 calories,i haven't talked of putting butter.So if you eat that for breakfast along with tea,plus other mede mede,you are just eating almost 500 calories for breakfast. shocked shocked

Then i have this oatmeal fufu flour,1/3 rd of a cup is 230 calories.1/3rd cup can't even fill a cat up.Add soup with the palmoil,ponmo,beef and fish inside...Calories adding up.

I fear ooo!! Seriously.
Udoka,if you are building muscles or doing strength training,you will weigh more but lose inches..Muscles are heavy.Plus the more muscles you have,the more calories you burn.How far for the cinnamon?I have ordered mine but it hasn't reached me.

Let us stick with this,we will get results.Remember we are not to lose over 2 pounds a week for TTC,thats about 1kg..
We will continue oo!!! The struggle is on.
Re: Weight Loss/gain For Ladies Trying To Conceive by udoka2: 2:07pm On Apr 29, 2012
My dear seanbell am no doing any muscle traninig or any exrcise oo. Just that I look thick that's why pple always tell me that am not fat. But I feel I am. Thx for that ideal weight lost per month...it made me feel better!
Told DH I lost only 1kg, he said I was busy changing diet in d name of loosing weight, that he anticipated I will add ..gringrin
Re: Weight Loss/gain For Ladies Trying To Conceive by Nobody: 2:30pm On Apr 29, 2012
Udoka,you won't pile it on jooo.Just go on,remember that you are not exercising yet,imagine adding exercise to this your deadly diet?Na machine you go be oo and the pounds will drop off..No giving up
RIDE ON GIRL!!
Re: Weight Loss/gain For Ladies Trying To Conceive by Geminilove(f): 4:53pm On Apr 29, 2012
Hello Ladies,

My best friend and I have been on healthy eating plan for last 7 weeks, she going on her second course of IVF. I wanted to offer you some tools to increase your success on weight loss.

I would suggest you all register for myfitnesspal.com, it is a free website which you can log all the food you eat and exercise. It also works how much calories you should eat a day, there an app for your phone as well. It has Nigerian food registered on the site.

I lost 14lbs (a stone) and she lost bit more. It doesn’t matter what time you eat rather what you eat. You can eat naija food but change how you cook. If i have to use oil, i use olive oil. Eat Breakfast, I blend 2 banana, ginger with fresh squeeze pineapple juice, lunch 250 gram of moi moi( i make this with just the beans, blended tomatoes, pepper, onion, egg white, maggi and dry shrimp and no oil) and with steamed vegetables or roasted plantain with vegetables. I have two snacks a bowl of fruit or raisins.
Drink a minimum of 8 glasses of water, if you find it difficult to drink water squeeze some lemon or lime into the glass.
Re: Weight Loss/gain For Ladies Trying To Conceive by slimphemmie(f): 5:37pm On Apr 29, 2012
Gud day Every1 in here,it fyls rlly gud drawing strength frm all av bn readng here..i appreciate Y'all! Av been ttc-ing almst 2yrs now and trustng! I dont evn knw if am avn a nrmal weight as am 5.9ft and weighing 49/50,48 smtyms! And been rlly botherd bou this "baby issue" evn when i try hard to tk my mind off it *moody*..wel,i also wish d likes of Seanbell,Rocksqueen,Udoka and a host of Odas tryna shed deirs could glue d fats to mine..i think i nyd it badly! Lottsa pipu c me and wndr if am Married 'cos of d stature and d looks nt until dey c my 'ring'..pls,wat do i do to add weight if d result means am underweight ,and if nrmal,hw do i kyp it goin?so...worried and scared if its d major cause of d delay!
Thanks Y'all..
Re: Weight Loss/gain For Ladies Trying To Conceive by udoka2: 8:19pm On Apr 29, 2012
@all wetin dey happen today?

DAY 7

My food is not well arranged today, ate randomly.

Morning. Took a cup of my usual juice
After church service. Took digestive biscuit about 6pcs with water
Got home snacked with tiger nut and 1/2 pear
Lunch. Small portion of jollof rice with lots of veggies (carrot, cabbage and onions)
Evening. One mango
Nite: one apple and coleslaw.
Re: Weight Loss/gain For Ladies Trying To Conceive by RocksQueen: 9:09pm On Apr 29, 2012
@udoka.Now I understand... Pls do not relent and don't be discouraged o! DH had the same problem with losing weight using diets. I asked him and he said to tell 'my online friend' smiley that what you need is Cardio!That your diet is good but dat u should not starve so that the body does not go into 'survival mode'. The cardio isn't just the 'open-legs-close-ya-legs-hands-up-hands-down, that's obtains in gyms alone o! You need something that makes your heart beat faster like jogging,swimming rigorously back and forth, skipping (count to 1000. When I was skippin, because I used to miss steps a lot,I'd wear a dress that has belts on both sides,den I'd be swinging the belts and pretend am skipping. I could do up to 2000 in an hour den), dancing to fast beats (my best). If you are in the mood of prayer, you can buy any fast praise CD and dance till you sweat and sweat! Also try Jumping Jacks (not close to implantation o! Cos of the jumping)its very effective. Then for diet,continue with your diet,its very okay. And d moment you add cardio to it, you'll start dropping fast!Count calories and make try to burn more than you consume. See as I dey talk, this isn't easy atall. Just be doing small small. If you don't have tym, take flat shoes to work,enter the restroom as often as possible and do jumping jacks. Am just saying what works for people I know that have strong bodies.
We're in this together hon! With all my soft body, na only 2kg I drop and after this past weekend I dey avoid my scales till I double my efforts dis week!
Re: Weight Loss/gain For Ladies Trying To Conceive by udoka2: 10:08pm On Apr 29, 2012
Thanks Rocks queen. I am not discouraged at all. I will continue with my diet. I won't do anything that would jeopardize my TTC. As far as I eat healthy, am ok with everything. I am not really fan of exercise but I will see what I can do about it. Maybe start with one spot jumping or running in my house. Thx a lot!

@seanbell
I will likely get the cinnamon tomorrow, but I was not able to get original honey today, had thought I wd buy today from one of my church members but didn't see her today. Am still for it.
Re: Weight Loss/gain For Ladies Trying To Conceive by Motherofnations: 11:35pm On Apr 29, 2012
Hey Ladies, I started my weight loss journey on the 2nd of march 2012 @ 97kg, I now weigh 88kg (not happy I didn't eat healthy 2day) I need to get serious from 2mrw
Re: Weight Loss/gain For Ladies Trying To Conceive by Hebrewwoman1: 6:13am On Apr 30, 2012
Welcome motherofnations, don't beat yourself up we are all in this 2gether. This fat must cme off....lol.

@Seanbell, thanx for sparing me but I did very well 2day.

My Log.
Breakfast - one slice of whole wheat bread and pineapple n chicken sausage with veggies n carrots
Midday- didn't snack
Lunch - brown rice n stew with veggies n carrot
Evening - didn't snack
Dinner - 1 ginger lemon cookie, 1 banana n a hand full of peanuts.

Had a very gud cardio and toning exercise. I already feel my tummy getting flat.
Re: Weight Loss/gain For Ladies Trying To Conceive by mrskem09(f): 11:25am On Apr 30, 2012
Hello Beautiful people:
Miss the trend, i was busy all weekend.

my Yesterday Log:

Breakfast: skipped breakfast

Midday: Vegetable with 4 balls of Eba(Could not find eko ) grin (@ Seanbell : my butt is turned already embarassed

Lunch: Rice and Vegetable.

I have a Scale at home, could not check. so scared i might not have lost much.Noticed the drop in cloth size. and my
waistline burg is shaping in. wink
Re: Weight Loss/gain For Ladies Trying To Conceive by udoka2: 11:41am On Apr 30, 2012
@Seanbell

As much as we try to stay away from calories, our body really need them. I calculated my BMR (Basal Metabolism Rate) it showed 2,180.. thats means my body needs and burns this number per day to keep me going. If l need to maintain my current weight, l dont need to consume more than this number of calorie a per, but if l need to loss weight, it is recommended that l reduce it by 500 per day. On the extreme, it is advised that you take a minimum of 1200 calories per day.
However, it is advised to loose more weight thru exercise than thru dieting. Should not reduce more than 1 or 2 pounds per week thru dieting alone, else you get to starvation mode.
Re: Weight Loss/gain For Ladies Trying To Conceive by MSTIA: 12:36pm On Apr 30, 2012
Hello lovely ladies,
used the scale this morning, couldn't check yesterday because I was very busy.
from 78kg to 76kg. I thank God ooo, Hope to get better this week.
@ Udoka have you been able to get the cinnamon.
Luv y'all.
Re: Weight Loss/gain For Ladies Trying To Conceive by Nobody: 4:15pm On Apr 30, 2012
Hello ladies,
Busy busy weekend for me.Anyway amidst fright checked ma weight last nite-74kg.I managed to loose 1kg.I'm grateful to God,wit dedication/sacrifice I should loose 5kg,hopefully this month.
I cheated a bit yesterday had some cake during brunch
Lunch-toppers salad/grilled fish
Dinner-some bananas.
It can only get better.lol
Anyways,I will be away on vac 4 2weeks, so may not log on frequently bt will try.
Pray 2 return with a BFP-my mum prophesied twins and I don ova claim am.
Baby dust y'all and rem d fast begins 2mao.Cheers!
Re: Weight Loss/gain For Ladies Trying To Conceive by RocksQueen: 4:25pm On Apr 30, 2012
Hi ladies.
My log as at end of day yesterday.

Breakfast:4 pcs Weetbix(sp) biscuits in skimmed milk.One stewed beef

Mid Morn: 2pcs Weetbix in skimmed milk,one slice of bread

Late Lunch:Small wrap eba and bitterleaf soup

Dinner: 3pcs Weetbix...

I didn't do well atall,so like I said earlier,I am scared to weigh again.

Meanwyl,the fast commences 2mao! I told myself that I'll splurge 2day..but I couldn't...the guilt was in my sub-consciousness and I ended up eating plantain flour that I couldn't even finish! That means am already in the diet mode..

By the way, I noticed that am always looking at ice cream with longing! I had a strong craving for it yesterday so I quickly bought mangoes so dat I could get a sugar hit! Doubt if that is healthy though.
Re: Weight Loss/gain For Ladies Trying To Conceive by udoka2: 9:42pm On Apr 30, 2012
Helloooooooooooo
@Rocksqueen, you can also hv the ice cream on ur cheat day. I read its good for every dieter to hv a cheat day...seambabe u dey hear?grin

Me I don't know if my enemy is getting to starvation mode ooo, I found out I don't hv appetite to eat more. Even when I desire to eat.

Shey d fasting is 6 - 12pm?

DAY 8

My log
Morning. Cashew nut
Mid morn. One Mangoe
Afternoon; small portion of rice wt one wrap of moi moi with chicken gizzard
Mid afternoon; two apples
Nite. 2 slices of wheat bread with one boiled egg.
Re: Weight Loss/gain For Ladies Trying To Conceive by udoka2: 7:09am On May 01, 2012
MSTIA

Congrats on ur new weight
No the person I sent didn't see it. I will check myself later.
Where is everyone, hope una never dey tire, me I dey kempe oo.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (83) (Reply)

Dream Says Lot About Your Life Knows Yours Interpretation / The Advantages And Disadvantages Of Masturbation / I Need To Put On Weight, Please Help!

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67