Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,343 members, 7,819,208 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 12:47 PM

Weight Loss/gain For Ladies Trying To Conceive - Health (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Weight Loss/gain For Ladies Trying To Conceive (197950 Views)

Pregnant After Trying To Conceive (ttc)?pls Come In To Chat/share With Others!! / Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC / How To Conceive A Baby Boy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (83) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Weight Loss/gain For Ladies Trying To Conceive by Toronto123: 7:48pm On Apr 26, 2012
Hello Ladies, thanks for starting this conversation. I actually met with my neuropath doctor who advised me to go on a diet go Paleo diet (cave man diet). She says it reduces fibroids as well as cyst. Its involves practically no carbs. I just started yesterday and trust me it not bad. Lots of fruits and vegetable and meat and eggs. She also prescribed a few herbs, am going to write the names but I am not sure people in Nigeria can get it.
1) Pregnancy prep
2) Tribulus Formula
3) Vitamin b6
4) Vitamin D
5) Inositol
I am 144/lbs but I have to get back to 124/lbs. I have to loose 20pounds. I am going the caveman’s diet and I am training too. Goodluck ladies. I just discovered today that I have a small endometriosis in my left ovary (cyst) embarassed. I am also on clomid too, started today and doing an IUI. I strongly believe this is my month. Lets stay positive
Re: Weight Loss/gain For Ladies Trying To Conceive by udoka2: 8:08pm On Apr 26, 2012
God will look upon us this time around. Am for it! May is my wedding anniversary month - all am asking HIM is a BFP as anniversary present! Am convinced HE will hear us!

DAY 4
Morning. 2 medium sized cucumber with water
Mid morning. One pear and water
Afternoon. Ofada rice with assorted meet (I ate 80percent of the food today ooo)
Mid Afternoon: a glass of full cream milK
Nite; Aki hausa (seanbell interprete for english
And my UGUEVICO juice (I don rebrand amgrin)
Re: Weight Loss/gain For Ladies Trying To Conceive by Nobody: 10:56pm On Apr 26, 2012
HebrewWoman,Kaiii!! you did soo well,now my flogging members have been reduced by one cry cry
MrsKem,Very Nice,ope na wheat bread oo.ehhh what of that chocolate?Has it gone down ya gullet by mistake?Say yes naa.Just 12 lashes smiley
Udoka,chaiii.I was thinking the efo was something wikid like yam flour.Nobody to flog again.Abeg make pesin proovoke me here naa pleaase?? cry cry.Even you Udoka menn!! your log is powerful oo!! Aki hausa na aki of hausa people naa grin grin grin
Toronto,WElcome on here!! This caveman diet sounds interesting.Please post your logs here.
RocksQueen,No shaking!! The fear of the nairaland koboko is the beginning of wisdom.I'm scared of weighing in on sunday..Let that leg heal fast oo biko.
Nefertiti,good job!
MSTIA,Very very good!! No lashes for you.
I will join the fast too..I concur with the fact that agreement prayers are powerful.

Believerrrr...Take your position on the floor and present your back..The picture below is dedicated to you.Next time when DH tempts you,think of the bulala angry angry

LADIESSS,WE ARE ALL DOING SOOO WELL,KEEP IT UP!!

1 Share

Re: Weight Loss/gain For Ladies Trying To Conceive by Nobody: 11:08pm On Apr 26, 2012
** Sweating profusely after caning believer** My pipo,e no easy to deliver punishment grin grin

LOG
Breakfast-1 moi-moi and 1 small drumstick

Snack-half of a honey dew lemon

Lunch- 2 moimoi and 1 drumstick

Snack- 2 handfuls of grape

Dinner- 2 big tablespoons of beans and 1 small drumstick

Liquids- water and fruit juice

Honestly the thought of eating beans now makes me sick.If not that i'm taking meds,i'd not even bother..i'm sick of it.

Exercise
600 jump ropes- I intend to build to 1k per day
200 bicep curls
3 sets of 10 over head presses
3 sets of 15 lateral raises
60 front raises
30 AB crunches

DUMBELL size-2kg each so not too heavy
I spaced out the exercise,morning and evening.I'm doing it this much cos i'm eating plenty protein and i figure it would be ok to build some small muscles.I have dresses i need to fit into before mid may so the sooner the better angry
DH forced me to stop skipping cos he feared i'd collapse cheesy cheesy

In my mind as i was jumping i dey cry nairaland health section ladies wan kill me!hehehehehehe
Re: Weight Loss/gain For Ladies Trying To Conceive by RocksQueen: 1:32am On Apr 27, 2012
@toronto. Welcome on board.

@udoka. You did well again today. Aki Hausa is called 'Tiger Nut' in English. I dey envy ur diet! Can't wait for the weight in weekend!

@seanbell. Lol!Anoda funny pix smiley meanwhile I dey trip for ur diet o!Me I dey fear to weigh in this weekend cos I have been flogged severally. Na u and udoka go rush una scales(I.e if udoka never climb scale already)

@hebrewwoman...when are we starting the hour cardio, shebi na this weekend?

Status update
Breakfast: Reduced the Hot Akara to 4 balls plus water smiley

Lunch: 5 Medium size Mangoes and water

Dinner: 4 wraps of moi moi with half gizzard,half a piece of beef and two small chicken drumsticks

1:30am: constipation plus internal heat!
Re: Weight Loss/gain For Ladies Trying To Conceive by Hebrewwoman1: 4:22am On Apr 27, 2012
@Seanbell, hahahaha....am laughing at u, dat koboko no go see me for a very long time.

@rocksqueen, I started the one hour cardio on Wednesday, but feel free to start this weekend. Am doing mine 5times a week so i wont be running on the weekends.

I didn't run up to one hour 2day cos my sister started having an asthma attack and her inhealer was at home, so we had to leave. So my cardio was jst about 30mins, I'll make it up on saturday but ordinarily I dnt intend to run everyday for the rest of my life jare...I need the 2 days break.

Menu
Had a banana b4 going to run
Breakfast;whole grain cereal with organic milk
Midday;I didn't snack cos of d banana I took b4 running
Lunch; one slice of yam and egg stew
Evening;half an oatmeal cokie
Dinner; small wrap of oat meal flour and okra soup.

Btw, this is my first time of having oatmeal flour, I learned that 4rm my sister 2day. I was complaining about how I can't have pounded yam cos of my dieting and she told me that's what her friend eats. At first I was skeptical but then I figured it culdnt hurt to try it.
It's very healthy, its jet d regular Quaker oat u knw blended dry into powdered form and then u make it like u would make any swallow....and thats oat meal flour. It's probably the healthiest form of swallow cos of the high fiber content.

Also I decided that I won't be weighing myself evry week, I opt for every month instead. So I wnt weigh myself until end of May.
Re: Weight Loss/gain For Ladies Trying To Conceive by argent(f): 7:00am On Apr 27, 2012
@ believer 84, am signing up for d fasting too.
This is yersterday's log below;
Breakfast: green tea n a small portion of beans.
Lunch: jollof rice n fried rice (yes I need to be flogged, coz have vowed to stay clear from oil)
Dinner: small portion of wheat flour with plenty vegetable soup.
I promise to enter my log daily no matter how tired I am.
@ hebrew woman, am going to try d quaker oat flour and let you know. Btw, is it the normal blender that I will use?
Re: Weight Loss/gain For Ladies Trying To Conceive by Hebrewwoman1: 7:35am On Apr 27, 2012
@argent, yes the normal blender but u have to blend it dry, no water. Your jst trying to get it to powdered form.

Btw, am having a hard time drinking green tea, mehn dat thng is bitter and I heard that when you add milk or anything else it defeats the purpose. I had 2 cups yesterday, but I didn't drink at all 2day. I'l keep trying shaa...wat can man do.
Re: Weight Loss/gain For Ladies Trying To Conceive by udoka2: 9:09am On Apr 27, 2012
Everybody is doing great! it isn't easy at all at all..I guess we are getting used to it by the day.

Seanbell.. you are still representing well.. l jealous your exercise ooo.

Rockqueen.. Thanks. l no get scale for house, so no where to scale else l for dey tempted to do so.. na my church scale l go use scale for sunday. i think its high time l bought scale for house. Dont be too sure say l go drop plenty kg for sunday, l fit not.
As per the constipation.. try peppermint tea, its very good for constipation, especially if you eat late. it doesnt have cafeine, good for TTC too.

@Hebrewwoman.. l envy u for that oatmeal flour, but e go still get same nutritional value with wheat. l fit dey wrong, l no be nutritionistgrin
@Believer..Sorry dear, hope say the koboko no give u wound for ur bumbumgrin Seanbell be careful oogrin

@All
I like aki hausa (tiger nut) before now. i decided to google about it now. Here is one article l want you all to read about it

http://news.peacefmonline.com/health/200911/32426.php

in case u dont have time to read it, read this small info l find very interesting among others:

Chufa(chufa is Spanish name for tiger nut) promotes the production of urine, this is why it is a preventive measure for cyst, prostrate, hernia, rectum deformation and prolapsed (anal feature-small painful flesh and the tip of the anus) and to prevent endometriosis or fibrosis as well as blockage of the tip of the fallopian tube.
Re: Weight Loss/gain For Ladies Trying To Conceive by mrskem09(f): 10:47am On Apr 27, 2012
Good morning beautiful people, How are we doing Today?

My Log:

Breakfast: 2 wraps of moi moi and 1 eko.

Lunch: Banana and pea nut.

Dinner: Beans & 3slice of Wheat Bread.

Lots of Water.
grin
Re: Weight Loss/gain For Ladies Trying To Conceive by Temimine(f): 11:03am On Apr 27, 2012
@All
I like aki hausa (tiger nut) before now. i decided to google about it now. Here is one article l want you all to read about it

http://news.peacefmonline.com/health/200911/32426.php

in case u dont have time to read it, read this small info l find very interesting among others:

Chufa(chufa is Spanish name for tiger nut) promotes the production of urine, this is why it is a preventive measure for cyst, prostrate, hernia, rectum deformation and prolapsed (anal feature-small painful flesh and the tip of the anus) and to prevent endometriosis or fibrosis as well as blockage of the tip of the fallopian tube.

Well done 2 u all. Ve b follow u all since u ve startd. I pray all ur effort yield fruitful result.
@ udoka - ve read thru d website. Its very resourceful especially for som of us . What other name is it known for. And pls keep up d good work. Expecting more research work.

[/quote]
Re: Weight Loss/gain For Ladies Trying To Conceive by RocksQueen: 11:29am On Apr 27, 2012
@temimine. Its called Hausa Groundnut in the East. Remember all those Aboki men that push it in wheelbarrow? They measure and tie in small waterproof. Its yellow and has the dry one. It has some dark spots on it, hence the name.

Thanks udoka
Re: Weight Loss/gain For Ladies Trying To Conceive by MSTIA: 3:02pm On Apr 27, 2012
Hope everyone is doing great.
weldone Seanbell, e no easy to be cane mistress ooo, I dey trip for your exercise ooo,

It is well with us one. We will NEVER loose, I pray that God will help us through the weekend oo, because na there temptation dey plenty. Any way the fear of Seanbells cane is the beginning of wisdom.

my log
Breakfast: skipped (fasted-- Religious, we must win oo)
midday: 3 apples and carrots (worth N100)
Dinner: Noddles +fish (with lots of veggies

May God help us.
Re: Weight Loss/gain For Ladies Trying To Conceive by udoka2: 3:30pm On Apr 27, 2012
@all
l trust everybody is representing well. plenty tonguetonguetongue to all of una!
Moorete gave us a recipe for Cinnamom and honey drink. After reading some interesting info on this combo, I have asked someone to buy me cinnamon, l go get my honey and try it out....WE MUST WIN!

you can read this forum..

http://www.babyandbump.com/trying-to-conceive/230545-honey-cinnamon.html
Re: Weight Loss/gain For Ladies Trying To Conceive by MSTIA: 4:13pm On Apr 27, 2012
Udoka please let me know when and where you got the Cinnamon, We must fight to finish
Re: Weight Loss/gain For Ladies Trying To Conceive by Nobody: 4:18pm On Apr 27, 2012
Argent,i don't even want to flog you.I want that food you ate.This beans don taya me and e just dey vex me todayyy angry angry angry angry angry

MSTIA,No trip oo,my body feels broken into pieces..your diet fine well well grin.No lash

Hebrewwoman,hehehehhehehehehe.I have been targeting you for heavy caning.You are doing well!! grin

RocksQueen,I am friggin sick of my food,eating beans and moimoi na hell faya,my calves hurt,my arms hurt..I dusted the scale to day to climb on and it's not working,useless weight wathchers digital one oo!i think its todays anger i used to fling it hard to the ground that caused it.I was advised not to weigh weekly but monthly cos some weeks you don't lose anything and you get demoralised.So i may be weighing in end of may or middle but at least in 2-3 weeks.

MrsKem,very nice logs.What is eko?Does it require cane? grin grin grin

UdoBaby,How farrrr??I see you are ontop of the game oo.Abeg swallow eba make i lash you for mouth.I don de wait you since cheesy cheesy.Nice info on the cinnamon.I am looking for where to buy the right type.i read that the cassia type if taken a lot can be toxic and also contains a blood thinner.The best type is ceylon cinnamon from srilanka.Na dat one i dey find..

Thanks temimine for the info

GOOD JOB EVERYONE!!If not that i have to report here,i would have given up!!
Love ya all!!
Re: Weight Loss/gain For Ladies Trying To Conceive by udoka2: 4:39pm On Apr 27, 2012
lollllllllllllll you wont catch so soon on the EBA, thank God wheat is allowable, so my swallow for night go soon see my face hahahha
Thats a great info on the cinnamon.. will make adjustment sharpishlygrin on my order.
Re: Weight Loss/gain For Ladies Trying To Conceive by RocksQueen: 6:18pm On Apr 27, 2012
@all. How far naaaaa? E be like say na only me hunger dey catch for this thread!!!

Dis one that no one is talking...abi hunger don close everybody mouth smiley ??

As for me, even if I don't drop the weight by saturday's weigh in, I know am looking finer. That means my face has lost some of its fat.#happydance

@hebrewwoman. I didn't know that u'v started o! Also is weighing in at monthend not cheating? smiley . Make people no come dey postpone the verdict o! Shey u know say d longer the period for weighing in, the higher the possibility of people defaulting and promising themselves that they will regularise 'nextweek'. Or don't you think so?
Re: Weight Loss/gain For Ladies Trying To Conceive by Nobody: 6:43pm On Apr 27, 2012
^^^
RocksQueen,make am next week naaa...my scale don break. i fit buy before next weekend.Please naaaawwwww cry cry cry
We started 4 logging 4 days ago.>make we reach at least one week before logging in..
Re: Weight Loss/gain For Ladies Trying To Conceive by RocksQueen: 7:20pm On Apr 27, 2012
@seanbell. You see dat ur digital scale, my recommendation is that you flush it down the toilet! I have two digital scales. One is always dancing around 83kg to 85kg. The second one keep shaving 10kg from my real weight thereby deceiving me! I weighed last week at the clinic. That's where I got the 82. I also confirmed dis at anoda clinic.

Meanwhile I have a confession. Today I had to weigh myself as part of a routine medical examination. I HAFF LOST 2KG!!!! I was 80kg today and the last tym I went there was Monday and I was still 82kg!

BECAUSE of this, I am minding what I eat this weekend,lemme not spoil result! So u see, if not for the weighing, I for chop dis weekend den continue on Monday.

So Seanbell, go and buy ya scale hanlele!!!!

@all. If anyone wants to wait longer than one week b4 weighing,well I guess they can. As for me o I will do it weekly cos na d fear of posting additional kg naim make me dey wake up to jog!

@Hebrewwoman. I just bought my CDs for dancing..oldies, igbo highlife,foreign R&B and one naija mix. So ama dance dance!
Re: Weight Loss/gain For Ladies Trying To Conceive by udoka2: 7:59pm On Apr 27, 2012
U guys are catching fun. Me na every sunday I go weigh, just that, that church scale is so sophisticated, even if I look well well, I may not be up to d 88kg I poSted earlier. Whatever I'll ask one of medical persons to help me check it.

DAY 5

Morning. 2 mangoes with water
Mid morn. One apple with water
Afternoon. Beans, plaintain with chicken
Mid after. One glass of full cream milk
Eveing. Stawberry fruits
Nite. Coleslaw (cabbage, cucumber and carrot no mayo) and my half glass of UGUEVICO juice

Till tomorw, gudnite all.
Re: Weight Loss/gain For Ladies Trying To Conceive by Nobody: 8:11pm On Apr 27, 2012
Using my phone,will be back later.RocksQueen,you are so right about the digital scale,upon all the joy I had when I bought it,I'm so angry.I just kinda dropped it hard on the floor and it started showing error,will buy the normal old school one by monday tops!
Re: Weight Loss/gain For Ladies Trying To Conceive by RocksQueen: 9:01pm On Apr 27, 2012
@all. Lets post some alternative diet meals that can make our mealtyms have variety

1) VEGETABLE SALAD SANS CREAM
Shred carrot,cabbage and some lettuce.. Slice some onion rings. Dice hard ripe tomatoes(scoop out the pulp). Slice some cucumber (divide into two to get half moons).slice one hard boiled egg. Etc.
Toss all in a clean bowl. Chill a little. Then get a plate of well Spiced stew(I prefer sharp ofada stew). Use the stew to eat it,like you eat rice and stew(as in put a spoonful of stew on a small section and eat). I always have fish or small beef in my stew as motivation.

2) PLAINTAIN
Wash unripe or half ripe plantain.Cut one into like 4 pieces. Do not peel! Boil in a pot with salt. As soon as the skin breaks, or when its done, bring it out and peel the skin off!Serve with vegetable soup or egg sauce!(Egg sauce/stew is better for half ripe).

3) VEGETABLE EGG STIR FRY
Chop tomatoes, pepper and onions. Stir fry for a short while. Put ur spices ad seasonings. When its okay, add the egg and stir for a bit. Next add your already washed and cut ugu leave (i.e fluted pumpkin) to the sauce (not too much o!). Allow to fry for few minutes and serve with plantain, noodles, irish potato or boiled yam.
Re: Weight Loss/gain For Ladies Trying To Conceive by udoka2: 9:27pm On Apr 27, 2012
Rockqueen
Ur making me hungry again wt that plantain recipe. Actually bought some unripe plantain today, wanted to cook it pottage, thanks for this recipe will be cooking it morow aftenoon.
Nite once more, goin to church vigil now!
Re: Weight Loss/gain For Ladies Trying To Conceive by Hebrewwoman1: 5:41am On Apr 28, 2012
@ Rocksqueen, the only reason I want to do it monthly is cos I feel like I might not be losing weight per say. Am trying to tone mY whole body with emphasis on my arms and thighs and abdomen so to see weight loss results takes time cos even tho ur losing fat your building muscle so it will look like your not losing anything. If I weigh very week I don't think I would see as much result as I would like, so I'd like to wait until at least some weeks have passed.

Also I believe that if we are true to ourselves and we continue eating right, we don't even need the scale cos the scale jst confirms wat we already know. When your losing weight you jst feel it and you know.
Am going to try and eat right everyday, no off day even on the weekends. This is jst because am not depriving myself of anything am just eating in moderation and going for the healthier options.

Pls is anyone doing this one hour cardio with me? i ask cos I culdnt not do it 2day, my whole body is sore and I can barely climb the stairs in my house. Before starting the one hour cardio on wednesday, I hadn't worked out in almost a year, mayb that's why. I just want to know if anyone else if feeling this pain with me. I should have started with evryother day for the first week so my body can have time to adjust properly.
Kaiii this thng is really not easy I swear. My sister was just laughing at me 2day sayin I shouldn't wound myself that am trying to lose weight, u guys need to see me walking now. I no fit walk, the soreness is not a joke....lol. I know after a few days i'l be fine.

My Log

Breakfast-ham sandwich with 2slices of whole wheat bread (no cheese jet ham, avocado and spinach)
No midday snack
Lunch-brown rice and beans with small steak, sweet corn and lettuce
Evening- 1 1/2 corn
Dinner- banana and a small hand full of peanut
Re: Weight Loss/gain For Ladies Trying To Conceive by RocksQueen: 7:46am On Apr 28, 2012
Okay I get u now hebrewwoman. You're ryt bout the muscle weight. U've already lost some fat anyway so u'r good. The muscle toning has its own benefits. The more they get worked on, the more they burn the fat under the skin,even when they are at rest. So all dat pain u'r feeling?Welcome it wit open arms cos it likely that the fat are still being burnt,even though u'r not exercising.

Breakfast:
Small glass of Aloe Vera and water

Midmorning. One Small Mango

Afternoon. Vegetable salad and grilled fish

Mid Afternoon. Vegetable salad and SweetSensation Ofada sauce (dodges cane,getting good at it)

Dinner. Banana and groundnuts. Water

Exercise. Nil. Bought music tapes for dancing though

Anyone else noticed better toilet visits(TMI sorry)

Who else is with me in suspecting that seanbell don finally 4kup?
Seanbelllllll. My friend come here and post ya truth. The mantle of flogging will be given to udoka because if na me, your back don peel be that!
Which kin phone excuse be that? No be my phone I dey use everyday??Mtschewww!!Come baaaaack jo! Remove ya knicker and lie on the floor. Stretch your hands out!If you move, the bulala will be dropped all over ya bory!
Re: Weight Loss/gain For Ladies Trying To Conceive by Nobody: 9:54am On Apr 28, 2012
Couldn't report yesterday oooo!!!

Wetinnnn,hehehehehehehehe.Impossicant!!! Fear of flogging is the beginning of wisdom!

Breakast-1 egg
Lunch- half a honeydewmelon,a handful of grapes and 3 strawberries and a glass of juice
Dinner- 1 moimoi and a plate of salad..(carrots,cabbage,baked beans and a tablespoon of light mayo)

Exercise-400 jumpropes
10 sets of 15 biceps curls
Level 1 jillian michaels 30 day shred...

I'll brb to finish and cane una...
Re: Weight Loss/gain For Ladies Trying To Conceive by Nobody: 10:02am On Apr 28, 2012
RocksQueeen,you have been wanting to cane me since,hehehehehehehehehehehe.It won't happen grin grin grin
Because i no report yesterday??hohohohohoohohohoho

I am only going to get caned twice..one on my birthday and two anyday DH finally recieves his total healing.I go pop wine drink am and eat like a pig.. grin grin grin

Please pray for my DH,he is quite ill,it's been going on for some weeks now and that's why i have been fasting,my breakfast is blank sometimes.Some days we think he's okay,next thing he relapses.We need total healing..

I'll brb for normal strokes,things have just been a bit intense since yesterday.
Re: Weight Loss/gain For Ladies Trying To Conceive by Nobody: 3:10pm On Apr 28, 2012
Hello comrades
Here's a quick update been really busy with work so haven't updated my log in a bit.
So for breakfast yesterday-little spag and chicken stew(yeah feel free 2 crucify me)
Lunch-fruits fruits and more fruits
Dinner-one slice of yam/tomato sauce
Generally I feel a lot lighter,ma tummy is also a lot trimmer and I'm gradually loosing the fat on my cheeks.
I'm 2 afraid to weigh this weeknd, will do next week.
Biko, my butt's 2 fragile 4 koboko 2day o.Saving all my energy 4 baby dancing.
@Seanbell,God will heal your hubby in Jesus name
N.B the fast begins on the 1st of may
God bless y'all
Re: Weight Loss/gain For Ladies Trying To Conceive by nefertitiram: 3:12pm On Apr 28, 2012
Toronto123: Hello Ladies, thanks for starting this conversation. I actually met with my neuropath doctor who advised me to go on a diet go Paleo diet (cave man diet). She says it reduces fibroids as well as cyst. Its involves practically no carbs. I just started yesterday and trust me it not bad. Lots of fruits and vegetable and meat and eggs. She also prescribed a few herbs, am going to write the names but I am not sure people in Nigeria can get it.
1) Pregnancy prep
2) Tribulus Formula
3) Vitamin b6
4) Vitamin D
5) Inositol
I am 144/lbs but I have to get back to 124/lbs. I have to loose 20pounds. I am going the caveman’s diet and I am training too. Goodluck ladies. I just discovered today that I have a small endometriosis in my left ovary (cyst) embarassed. I am also on clomid too, started today and doing an IUI. I strongly believe this is my month. Lets stay positive

You are so on point!
Isn't dat d̶̲̥̅̊ same as the high protein diet?
Sorry babes, I have been busy with work!
My weight refused to drop ever since I lost the initial 8kg!Ladies! Please help
Re: Weight Loss/gain For Ladies Trying To Conceive by udoka2: 3:21pm On Apr 28, 2012
Hellooo, this house is somehow quit today. Hope everybody is doing well. I can understD wkend is usuAlly a very busy day, me I just dey get catch some rest since morning

Seanbell girl, know that its well with ur hubby. By the stripe of JESUS he WAS healed 2000 yrs ago! We will put him in prayer during our May fast.

@All
Enjoy ur wkend and eat healthy!
Re: Weight Loss/gain For Ladies Trying To Conceive by Nobody: 4:38pm On Apr 28, 2012
Nefertiti this is for youuu

You are eating healthier than ever before and exercising nearly every day, but now you have stopped losing weight. This is known as a weight-loss plateau, and it can be very frustrating and challenging to overcome. However, there are steps you can take to move past the stall and start dropping pounds again. Consult with your physician before you make any alterations to your diet or exercise regimen.
Causes
When you first begin on a low-calorie diet and working out, you may notice a dramatic drop in your weight. This initial loss is mostly water weight, and as you continue to lose pounds, you will begin to lose weight from both fat and muscle tissue, thereby readjusting your metabolism as well. After a few weeks of weight loss, your metabolism will begin to balance out in accordance with your new weight, stalling your loss. You will now need to either eat even less or exercise even more to rev up your metabolism and continue to drop pounds.

Dietary Solutions
One way to push past a weight-loss plateau is to cut more calories. MayoClinic.com suggests reducing your daily caloric intake by 200 calories, as long as you are not consuming less than 1,200 calories a day, which puts you at a greater risk of feeling deprived and overeating. If you have not been keeping a food journal, start maintaining one now. Be honest about what you eat and write everything down. This will help you identify if and when you go astray, better enabling you to get back on track. Try replacing whole milk with skim, or white breads with whole-grain ones. Simple solutions like these can help you cut calories without too drastic of a change.

Assess and Change Your Food Intake
Step 1

Record your food intake, and study it for changes in portion sizes, caloric intake and food sources. Include all foods---condiments, desserts, sauces and extra toppings. Adjust your dietary intake to meet your caloric goals.

Step 2
Swap high-calorie foods for high-water and high-fiber foods to overcome a weight loss plateau. For example, eating an apple that is high in water and fiber content instead of caloric-dense crackers contributes to low caloric intake and feelings of fullness. Eat whole grains, leans sources of protein, low-fat dairy, fruits and vegetables.
Step 3
Tweak or slightly lower your caloric intake---the more fat and muscle lost, the fewer calories a body needs during a day. Lower your caloric intake by 200 calories each day during a weight loss plateau.

Exercise Solutions
Once your body becomes accustomed to an activity, you will not burn off as many calories as you did at first. To remedy this, you will need to either increase the amount of time or intensity at which you exercise, or change activities altogether. Try working out for 15 more minutes a day or jogging at a faster speed. Switch to biking instead of swimming, or just add more physical activities throughout your day, such as taking the stairs or walking to work. The more you move, the more calories you will burn, helping you to get past your plateau.

Vary Your Workouts
Step 1

Manipulate the F.I.T.T. principle while planning a workout. The acronym stands for frequency, intensity, type and time. When exercises are new and challenging, muscles expend a high amount of energy and calories to perform them. When muscles become efficient at performing certain exercises or workouts, they do not require as much energy and therefore burn fewer calories than they did during initial sessions.

Step 2
Modify and change areas of your routine to ensure that you challenge the muscles and prevent them from becoming complacent during exercise. For example, change the type of strength training exercises that you do for your legs, and force your muscles to work differently and burn additional calories.

Step 3
Incorporate additional strength training workouts into your weekly routine to build muscle and to increase your metabolism. Muscle burns more calories at rest than fat.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (83) (Reply)

Dream Says Lot About Your Life Knows Yours Interpretation / The Advantages And Disadvantages Of Masturbation / I Need To Put On Weight, Please Help!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 112
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.