Stats: 3,153,456 members, 7,819,667 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 08:21 PM

Weight Loss/gain For Ladies Trying To Conceive - Health (70) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Weight Loss/gain For Ladies Trying To Conceive (197973 Views)

Pregnant After Trying To Conceive (ttc)?pls Come In To Chat/share With Others!! / Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC / How To Conceive A Baby Boy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (67) (68) (69) (70) (71) (72) (73) ... (83) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Weight Loss/gain For Ladies Trying To Conceive by favoredgal: 12:49pm On Mar 25, 2016
Tbaby4real:

Oh thanks...... My problem is the exercise thing. I'm always with my baby 24/7 and always use her nap time to study. I only take her out for an hour walk everyday but will try more anyway thanks. Another thing is my menstration is not yet back after 14months of childbirth.

Mine dint come back till I weaned fully at 11 months

Maybe yours will come when u wean fully
Re: Weight Loss/gain For Ladies Trying To Conceive by henmaris: 1:23pm On Mar 25, 2016
Starting Egg Fast today @ 88kg n 1.66cm. @Fvine n anyone in the process let's be buddies n report daily to each other.
-Breakfast:3 boiled eggs +3 tablespoon of mayonnaise with 2 cups of water . Thanks
Re: Weight Loss/gain For Ladies Trying To Conceive by Tbaby4real(f): 2:15pm On Mar 25, 2016
favoredgal:

Mine dint come back till I weaned fully at 11 months

Maybe yours will come when u wean fully
Oops cry okay
Re: Weight Loss/gain For Ladies Trying To Conceive by Fvine: 5:57pm On Mar 25, 2016
henmaris:
Starting Egg Fast today @ 88kg n 1.66cm. @Fvine n anyone in the process let's be buddies n report daily to each other.
-Breakfast:3 boiled eggs +3 tablespoon of mayonnaise with 2 cups of water . Thanks
You go gurl! Right her to support you. Drink water as much as you can, don't schedule or measure it. Am starting on Tuesday.
Re: Weight Loss/gain For Ladies Trying To Conceive by ozycy: 8:51pm On Mar 25, 2016
favoredgal:

You self don waka reach here Is Sophia not up to 6 months already?

Iv been loosing my baby weight by eating a lot of sweet and Irish potato, steamed ugwu, stir fry beans (no palm oil), moin moin, boiled egg whites, whole wheat potato, etc. And staying away from rice, bread, and fast food

I also exercise 4/5 times a week for an hour on the average

Im almost back to my pre pregnancy weight and my baby isn't 3 months yet

Hubby also came down from 121kg to 105kg on this lifestyle change eating/ exercise before he hit his plateau.

l
My dear I don reach here ooo, you won't believe what I was searching for using the search bar that landed me here lol.
Baby Sophie isn't up to 6 months yet.
I can just be hungry anyhow these days so I was thinking if I stop EBF, the hunger and eating will reduce. Will gradually start with your tips thanks. I hope I can reduce weight.
I also need special exercise for hand cos my arm is like "Christian mother hand" sad
Re: Weight Loss/gain For Ladies Trying To Conceive by Nobody: 9:40pm On Mar 25, 2016
Couldn't start the egg fast today but will start on Easter Monday.
Re: Weight Loss/gain For Ladies Trying To Conceive by favoredgal: 9:58pm On Mar 25, 2016
ozycy:

My dear I don reach here ooo, you won't believe what I was searching for using the search bar that landed me here lol.
I can just be hungry anyhow these days so I was thinking if I stop EBF, the hunger and eating will reduce. Will gradually start with your tips thanks. I hope I can reduce weight.
I also need special exercise for hand cos my arm is like "Christian mother hand" sad

Ha! What where you searching for? tongue
eBF makes people hungry and also being awake at odd times of the night to nurse may mean eating at those odd times of the night.

With my first i dint lose any weight till I weaned

For your hands buy Dumbbells and use them for exercising. skipping and exercising with the elliptical also helps the arms

Re: Weight Loss/gain For Ladies Trying To Conceive by Fvine: 10:13pm On Mar 25, 2016
ozycy:

favoredgal is right, you can also exercise your arms on a chair or bath tub if you don't have dumb bells. Stand backing a Chair or Bath tub, place your hands on the chair or bath tub and then press up and down squatting up and down. It helps tighten the arms too.

Re: Weight Loss/gain For Ladies Trying To Conceive by Fvine: 10:14pm On Mar 25, 2016
Chyvia:
Alright will follow suit on Tuesday hopefully. Good luck and keep us updated.
Re: Weight Loss/gain For Ladies Trying To Conceive by Nobody: 2:14am On Mar 26, 2016
Would have started the egg fast today buy Dh would have none of it embarassed
1- He claims I'll be farting anyhow lolz grin
2- He says I want to contaminate my breast milk for his son
3- He says did he tell me he is complaining?( like he will tell me if he is) angry
I just rolled my eyes and said to him I'm doing it for "ME" I loved the way I felt/looked when I was 100kg after losing 20kg after delivery! And wonder how better I might look/ feel if I could get to my desired weight of 80 or 75kg!
I've been big all my life and so want to experience being slim! cry

The guy doesn't understand how low my confidence has been lately, made worse by someone calling me "mummy(yes I'm a mum now) but it sure wasn't that kind of mummy the person was referring tosad

I've always carried my obese self well and nicely packaged! But ever since delivery I just feel like everything has slackened and become undesirable embarassed lipsrsealed cry and our sex life has become so monotonic lipsrsealed abi am I suffering from Post-partum disorder? Lord help me.

Sorry for the ranting and epistle I just needed to exhale!

Happy Easter house kiss and good morning.
Re: Weight Loss/gain For Ladies Trying To Conceive by henmaris: 5:00am On Mar 26, 2016
Fvine:

You go gurl! Right her to support you. Drink water as much as you can, don't schedule or measure it. Am starting on Tuesday.
Day 1: ate a total of 10 eggs , 8spoons of mayonnaise and 2 spoons of butter. Mmmmm had to make hot pepper else I couldn't have been able to eat the eggs. It's just hot pepper,I'm assuming it doesn't affect the fast. Had 3 boiled eggs for breakfast, 3 scrambled eggs with mayo for launch and 4 boiled eggs for super. Drank overdose water, tummy hurts lol.
Yupeeee I made day 1,looking forward to day reaching day 5.

Re: Weight Loss/gain For Ladies Trying To Conceive by henmaris: 5:01am On Mar 26, 2016
Chyvia:
On it waiting for u n Fvine to join me. Lol
Re: Weight Loss/gain For Ladies Trying To Conceive by favoredgal: 6:06am On Mar 26, 2016
Well done henmaris. We are cheering you on

Chiwendym you can start by eating clean first Nd see how many kgs you will lose. If you follow a simple timetable of eating healthy I'm sure you will drop some

Don't know why you all are running away from exercise. Exercise is not as hard not boring as you think. Why not start with something as basic as skipping and then over time increase the intensity and add other routine

Re: Weight Loss/gain For Ladies Trying To Conceive by ozycy: 7:12am On Mar 26, 2016
favoredgal:

Ha! What where you searching for? tongue
eBF makes people hungry and also being awake at odd times of the night to nurse may mean eating at those odd times of the night.

With my first i dint lose any weight till I weaned

For your hands buy Dumbbells and use them for exercising. skipping and exercising with the elliptical also helps the arms
Lol, I actually typed in "coconut oil " and boom someone mentioned it on this thread and dats how I landed here and dats how my coconut oil preparation ended and I started reading about weight loss grin
I have Dumbbells, I will try and start using it to exercise.
As for skipping, you know as b oobs can just be so heavy with milk, jumping up and down won't be an easy task wink. Thanks for the tips. I ve been doing long walk few tyms a week, I hope Dat one follow for exercise.

Re: Weight Loss/gain For Ladies Trying To Conceive by ozycy: 7:15am On Mar 26, 2016
U
Fvine:

favoredgal is right, you can also exercise your arms on a chair or bath tub if you don't have dumb bells. Stand backing a Chair or Bath tub, place your hands on the chair or bath tub and then press up and down squatting up and down. It helps tighten the arms too.
Thanks, will be trying the Dumbbells.
Re: Weight Loss/gain For Ladies Trying To Conceive by Fvine: 7:17am On Mar 26, 2016
Chinwendym:
Would have started the egg fast today buy Dh would have none of it embarassed
1- He claims I'll be farting anyhow lolz grin
2- He says I want to contaminate my breast milk for his son
3- He says did he tell me he is complaining?( like he will tell me if he is) angry
I just rolled my eyes and said to him I'm doing it for "ME" I loved the way I felt/looked when I was 100kg after losing 20kg after delivery! And wonder how better I might look/ feel if I could get to my desired weight of 80 or 75kg!
I've been big all my life and so want to experience being slim! cry

The guy doesn't understand how low my confidence has been lately, made worse by someone calling me "mummy(yes I'm a mum now) but it sure wasn't that kind of mummy the person was referring tosad

I've always carried my obese self well and nicely packaged! But ever since delivery I just feel like everything has slackened and become undesirable embarassed lipsrsealed cry and our sex life has become so monotonic lipsrsealed abi am I suffering from Post-partum disorder? Lord help me.

Sorry for the ranting and epistle I just needed to exhale!

Happy Easter house kiss and good morning.
Happy Easter Sis. The Egg Fast is actually a diet stall breaker and not the only thing one can do to lose weight. I understand all you've said and the fact that you want to do it for you. When I weighed 94kg, I remember how I felt, no confidence, fat, ugly, ttc without success also didn't help matters. My DH also wasn't complaining about my size but he didn't stop me after explaining to him because of course am not breastfeeding. If I were breastfeeding, my DH will not want to hear any reason at all oh. In fact I know him well that I won't even try to mention it because we'll definitely argue and both of us are stubborn and strong willed.

Just like @ favoredgal said, go for clean eating and exercise and you'll start dropping small small. You can use the sample Menus on Page 66 as a guide. They have several foods and am sure your hubby won't mind if you're eating well but in small portions. You can just exercise by dancing or walking. My favorite aerobic exercise is Walk at Home by Leslie Sansone, I also like dancing, walking or Stepping (Mini Stepper) to Godwin by Korede Bello. The only reason am employing the Egg Fast now is because I want to lose weight fast to help me with conception. I've been TTC my number 1 now for several years, I have PCOS, and am trying to do everything I can to conceive this year God willing, plus am exercise lazy sha and I leave home very early for work and return late so no much time to exercise.

Think about this and please give it a trial. We're here to support you. You can post your daily meals here.

Re: Weight Loss/gain For Ladies Trying To Conceive by Fvine: 7:41am On Mar 26, 2016
henmaris:

On it waiting for u n Fvine to join me. Lol
Well done. You did well on the 1st day of your first Egg Fast. I ate 12 Eggs on my very first. Lol. Keep it up. Will definitely be joining you by Tuesday. Will be buying my Eggs and Butter today.
Re: Weight Loss/gain For Ladies Trying To Conceive by favoredgal: 11:15am On Mar 26, 2016
Fvine I wish you fast conception in Jesus name

I also battled pcos and overcame with 2000mg of metformin

Re: Weight Loss/gain For Ladies Trying To Conceive by Fvine: 12:02pm On Mar 26, 2016
favoredgal:
Fvine I wish you fast conception in Jesus name

I also battled pcos and overcame with 2000mg of metformin
Amen. Thanks Sis. I upped my Metformin dose to 2000mg yesterday. I've been on 500mg 2x daily. My final dose as per my Dr's prescription is 3000mg daily. I haven't experienced any side effects yet, don't know if that's good or bad but I thank God all the same. Am not trying at the moment, had a Myomectomy in January and still waiting for the OK from my Dr to resume so am using this time to prep my body to get healthy and everything.

Re: Weight Loss/gain For Ladies Trying To Conceive by favoredgal: 12:19pm On Mar 26, 2016
Fvine:

Amen. Thanks Sis. I upped my Metformin dose to 2000mg yesterday. I've been on 500mg 2x daily. My final dose as per my Dr's prescription is 3000mg daily. I haven't experienced any side effects yet, don't know if that's good or bad but I thank God all the same. Am not trying at the moment, had a Myomectomy in January and still waiting for the OK from my Dr to resume so am using this time to prep my body to get healthy and everything.

Ok it's well. I'm sure we will rejoice with you soonest

I lost a lot of weight on metformin. Infact sometimes I'm almost tempted to put myself back on it for the sake of weightloss
But the side effects was crazy also, you are lucky u ain't experiencing it

I had hot flashes, bitter tongue, dizziness, nausea.
Re: Weight Loss/gain For Ladies Trying To Conceive by Fvine: 1:15pm On Mar 26, 2016
favoredgal:

Ok it's well. I'm sure we will rejoice with you soonest

I lost a lot of weight on metformin. Infact sometimes I'm almost tempted to put myself back on it for the sake of weightloss
But the side effects was crazy also, you are lucky u ain't experiencing it

I had hot flashes, bitter tongue, dizziness, nausea.
Amen. Lol. I understand you but that's not necessary for you to lose weight now. For me, no side effects and no weight loss, in fact am piling weight on my tummy which is why am planning to start EF on Tues. It just makes me wonder if the Metformin is working for me or not. We'll see, only time will tell.
Re: Weight Loss/gain For Ladies Trying To Conceive by Nobody: 9:52am On Mar 29, 2016
Am starting my egg fast today @94kg my aim is to reduce to 70kg I pray to be strong and serious with this egg fast. I will do it for 7 days.

Re: Weight Loss/gain For Ladies Trying To Conceive by Fvine: 8:38pm On Mar 29, 2016
Chyvia:
Am starting my egg fast today @94kg my aim is to reduce to 70kg I pray to be strong and serious with this egg fast. I will do it for 7 days.
Hope your 1st day went well. Well done for taking charge of your weight and health. I was in this same position as you last year April. I was weighing 94kg at 5ft 7inches. I used the Egg Fast and LCHF interchangeably to lose 14kg from late April to July. At each time I did the Egg Fast for 10days then took a break for as long as I needed it eating Low Carb High Fat with portion control and then go back to Egg Fast again. May you achieve your goals and lose eggcellently.

I also started my Egg Fast today. So far so good 6 Eggs and 6 Tablespoons of Fat during the day. I can't stand any more eggs today and am also not hungry so dinner will be 1 bottle of 7up Free so that I can take my drugs.
Re: Weight Loss/gain For Ladies Trying To Conceive by Nobody: 9:04pm On Mar 29, 2016
Thank you fvine I pray that I will achieve my goal. Finished my egg fast today with 5 eggs and this evening just took only vegetable soup without.

Re: Weight Loss/gain For Ladies Trying To Conceive by uche13: 3:57pm On Mar 30, 2016
Hello ladies.

The egg fat seems interesting. I was able to loose 18kg from September till Feb. I started at 83 and got to 65. But now my weight fluctuates from 65-66.5. It's like I have reached a plateau.

I want to start the egg fast but @ fvine, is it compulsory to eat fat per egg consumed? I can't stand mayonnaise or butter. Would this in anyway affect the weight reduction?

Re: Weight Loss/gain For Ladies Trying To Conceive by Nobody: 10:14pm On Mar 30, 2016
Day 2 of my egg fast ate only 3 eggs and 2 tablespoon of butter. Was not feeling hungry today cos I was travelling back to lagos took a lot of water and meat.

@ fvine and henmaris how far for your egg fast
Re: Weight Loss/gain For Ladies Trying To Conceive by Fvine: 4:24am On Mar 31, 2016
uche13:
Hello ladies.

The egg fat seems interesting. I was able to loose 18kg from September till Feb. I started at 83 and got to 65. But now my weight fluctuates from 65-66.5. It's like I have reached a plateau.

I want to start the egg fast but @ fvine, is it compulsory to eat fat per egg consumed? I can't stand mayonnaise or butter. Would this in anyway affect the weight reduction?

Wow. You have tried. Share with us how you achieved this please. The Egg Fast is actually a weight loss stall/plateau breaker although these days people just use it for general weight loss so feel free to employ it to break your stall.

As per the Egg Fast rules, you're to consume a tablespoon of Fat for each Egg. Although some people actually tweak the diet and still get results. Since you don't like Butter and Mayonnaise, you can use Olive Oil and/or Coconut Oil. Right now I can't stand Mayonnaise so am just drinking my Eggs in my Lipton Tea and frying the rest with Butter. That's the only recipe I can stomach now.
Re: Weight Loss/gain For Ladies Trying To Conceive by Fvine: 4:26am On Mar 31, 2016
Chyvia:
Day 2 of my egg fast ate only 3 eggs and 2 tablespoon of butter. Was not feeling hungry today cos I was travelling back to lagos took a lot of water and meat.

@ fvine and henmaris how far for your egg fast
Good. You're not sticking fast to the Egg Fast rules but you're doing very good for tweaking with Meat which is low carb. Hope you had a safe trip. Welcome back to Lasgidi!
Re: Weight Loss/gain For Ladies Trying To Conceive by omotolani22(f): 12:45pm On Mar 31, 2016
Kudos to everyone on this thread.@Fvine,I salute ooo.pls fill me in on this egg fast too,I want to join cos I'm TTC too.thanks a lot as I await your response
Re: Weight Loss/gain For Ladies Trying To Conceive by Fvine: 1:12pm On Mar 31, 2016
omotolani22:
Kudos to everyone on this thread.@Fvine,I salute ooo.pls fill me in on this egg fast too,I want to join cos I'm TTC too.thanks a lot as I await your response
You're welcome. Details of the Egg Fast is on Page 64. You can also read up from Page 64 to date for other methods of weight loss like sample 9ja weight loss menus, tips etc.
Re: Weight Loss/gain For Ladies Trying To Conceive by Nobody: 1:22pm On Apr 01, 2016
Day 3 ate 5 eggs and pepper soup with plenty water.

I will weigh by Saturday, hope to get good result

Re: Weight Loss/gain For Ladies Trying To Conceive by Nobody: 1:24pm On Apr 01, 2016
have started my Day 4, i have eaten 3 eggs

where are other mamas pls come and update us

(1) (2) (3) ... (67) (68) (69) (70) (71) (72) (73) ... (83) (Reply)

Dream Says Lot About Your Life Knows Yours Interpretation / The Advantages And Disadvantages Of Masturbation / I Need To Put On Weight, Please Help!

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 85